GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


701 to 750 of 923 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 9/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 130/130| AC 30 T 21 FF 23 | CMB +19, CMD 38 | F: +17, R: +19, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +22, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 1/1; GM Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile

Wynn lowers his bow. Waiting for the outcome of the conversation.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

"Did you kill any Pathfinders just now?"


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Zurnzal grins at Shump, No, not yet, the place was pretty deserted. Torch clashed with one of the Decemvirate before he ran off. He pauses and looks over Shump, OK, I give you my word, me and the lads here will just get out of here pretty sharpish, we wont tangle with your lot unless they start things first and in return I tell you where Torch has gone. Agreed?

He seems keen on seeing agreement from Shump in particular.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

OK, moving us forward assuming you are happy to accept Zurnzal's deal

Fine Zurnzal mutters, he heads towards the stairs, followed by his agents. As he heads out of the room he turns back and calls out Torch and Vahlo clashed in here, hence all the fog. Seems it was a reaction to their conflict. Vahlo fled, headed to Skyreach, Torch followed him. You can find them both in there, probably the upper levels. Good luck Pathfinders, you will need it.

With that the three of them disappear up the stairs. You hang around for a few minutes, maybe explore the room, recover the true resurection scroll, examine the fog. Everything seems fine until Alie notcies a very large figure appear from nowhere through one of the walls of fog.

Alie and Wynn can act. Alie can tell that the creature is huge, roughly humanoid in shape with large clawed hands. I have marked its position on the map but only Alie can see it currently. Valrars death ward will wear off in this time. If someone has restoration that is fine or Gaius can drop another death ward although that might not be a viable long term option for the adventure.

Surprise Round

Valrar
Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Wynnreyell
Shump
Alie
-----------------------------------------
Enemy
-----------------------------------------
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects:

Rolls:

Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Shump: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Gaius: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Ambassador: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Enemy init: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Valrar 136|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 9/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 130/130| AC 30 T 21 FF 23 | CMB +19, CMD 38 | F: +17, R: +19, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +22, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 1/1; GM Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile

Does my Goz Mask not work in this fog? Or is due to invisibility?


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

It does work, I just keep forgetting that you own one. You see an enormous black skinned giant with massive clawed hands and souless dead eyes glaring at you. You have no idea what it is and neither does Alie. It appears to be able to see you through the fog.

Rolls:

Wynn, knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Alie, knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 9/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 130/130| AC 30 T 21 FF 23 | CMB +19, CMD 38 | F: +17, R: +19, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +22, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 1/1; GM Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile

Ok, that determines what I will do in the surprise round.

"Whoa there big fella. Come closer and I might have to make you into a pin cushion."

Wynn then activates his arcane bond to cast gravity bow.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left

”This guy doesn’t seem like he will want to talk, boys,” Alie says, pointing in his general direction.

She casts Haste to bolster the team for this unknown threat.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Apologies, I missed that it has a gaze attack. I have rolled Wynns save, Alie cannot "see" the creature as such so isnt affected yet.

Wynn meets the creatures gaze and finds himself qualing before it. However, bolstered by Shumps presence he resists the supernatural terror which threatened to engulf him.

With a silent scream the creature unleahses a mass of greasy black energy to engulf the entire group. It washes over the Ambassador without effect and everyone manages to resist except Valrar.

It cast quickened unholy blight. Wynn, Shump, Valrar and Alie take 10 damage. Gaius and Sir Ambrose take 5.

The creature then unleashes a second spell, engulfing you all in a massive cone of freezing cold. Again the Ambassador is unaffected. Shump takes the blast full in the face while Wynn and Alie avoid the worst of the blast. The rest of the group nimbly evade the assault.

Shump takes 53 damage, Alie and Wynn 26, the rest of you are unaffected. I didnt bother with spellcraft for this, I think you can guess what it did.

Round 1

Valrar
Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Wynnreyell
Shump
Alie

-----------------------------------------
Enemy
-----------------------------------------
Ambassador

Bold may act. You are now aware that it has a gaze attack. If you can see it on your turn you need to decide how you will deal with that. You can close your eyes to avoid it, avert your gaze giving you a 50% chance to have to save and giving it concealment or you can just live with it. Sir Ambrose, as an animal, generally wont avert unless you push him as a move action. If you meet its gaze I require a will save. It is a mind affecting fear effect.

Group Effects:

Rolls:

Wynn Gaze will save, bravery, Shumps aura: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 + 4 = 29

Spellcraft
Alie: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 2 = 36
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Ambassador SR: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 4, 2) = 20
Good outsider: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1) = 27
Sicken: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Will saves
Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 = 31
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 = 14
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27, +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22, SR24

Ambassador SR: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 15d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 5, 4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 2, 4) = 53

Reflex saves
Alie: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 = 34
Valrar: 1d20 + 22 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 1 - 2 = 39, evasion
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 1 = 32
Shump: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Gaius: 1d20 + 23 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 23 + 1 = 34, evasion
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 18 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 1 + 2 = 23, improved evasion
Ambassador: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 13, SR24

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 89|125
Gaius 126|131
Sir Ambrose 105|110
Shump 87|150
Valrar 126|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 86|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 (currently 41/27/25) | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 4/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day), Freedom of Movement, Fly, Protection from Evil, Stoneskin, Heroism, Haste

Valrar blocks most of his vision with his buckler and hurries forward. While he keeps himself safe from the gaze, he is open to attack and misses his own swing.

Low Negates Gaze: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Acrobatics to Tumble: 1d20 + 23 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 5 = 30 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 = 26

Low Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 88

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 9/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 130/130| AC 30 T 21 FF 23 | CMB +19, CMD 38 | F: +17, R: +19, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +22, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 1/1; GM Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile

avoid gaze, 50% low bad: 1d100 ⇒ 1
will save vs fear: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 2 + 4 = 30

Wynn easily tracks the beast using shadows on the ground and fires a volley of enhanced arrows at it.

Rapid shot, haste, gravity bow, PBS, deadly aim, improved precise shot and clustered shots

arrow #1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 4) + 17 = 23 physical damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 holy damage

arrow #2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (1, 2) + 17 = 20 physical damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 holy damage

arrow #3: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 5) + 17 = 28 physical damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 electricity damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11 holy damage

arrow #4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 3) + 17 = 24 physical damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 electricity damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 holy damage

arrow #5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 4) + 17 = 27 physical damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 holy damage

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump touches himself quickly and moves fast to attack the creature.

power attack charge: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29

lol die roller hates me

2 bane holy silver bastard sword damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

lay on hands: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 1) = 12

"You want to tangle with us!"


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Valrar hustles forward but before he has even cleared the mist the creature lashes out at him, hoping to catch him unawares. Unfortunately, despite his preturnatural reflexes, it easily knocks him on his backside.

Valrar you fail to avoid its AOO and he has tripped you. You may stand up with your standard action if you wish at the risk of provoking again if it has combat reflexes.

Shump heals himself a little and rushes forward but his blow goes wide.

You cannot charge as you cannot see your target but you had enough movement to move and attack I think.

Wynns volley of arrows is largely ineffective. Only the first strikes home and the creature seems to be heavily resistant.

One hit for 13 damage. It takes both the electrical and holy damage

Rolls:

Trip: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Round 1

Valrar
Gaius
Sir Ambrose

Wynnreyell
Shump
Alie
-----------------------------------------
Enemy
-----------------------------------------
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 89|125
Gaius 126|131
Sir Ambrose 105|110
Shump 99|150
Valrar 126|136, 2 negative levels, prone
Wynnreyell 86|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Enemy 13 damage

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Unable to see the creature, Gaius delays.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 (currently 41/27/25) | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 4/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day), Freedom of Movement, Fly, Protection from Evil, Stoneskin, Heroism, Haste

Valrar hops to his feet just as quickly as he was knocked down.

Kip-Up to stand as a move action sans AoO.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left

”Valrir, get back here,” Alie says as she pulls out her oil of Daylight. ”Put this on your blade...I don’t know if it will hurt it, but it will make it easier for everyone to see it!”


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Just a note, the walls of fog cannot be seen through, daylight will not change that. The area is otherwise in regular light.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left
GMAndrewW wrote:
Just a note, the walls of fog cannot be seen through, daylight will not change that. The area is otherwise in regular light.

Ergh...not sure what else I can do against this big bastard.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

I will leave things until tomorrow to update after which I will put you on delay along with Gaius and Sir Ambrose.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

OK, moving us on

The black skinned giant unleashes another quickened unholy blight, hitting the entire group. This time the group are less fortunate, Gaius, Valrar, Wynn and Sir Ambrose all find themselves affected by it.

The Ambassador takes 3 damage, Alie, Valrar, Sir Ambrose and Shump take 7 damage. Wynn and Gaius take 15 damage and are sickened for two rounds.

The giant then moves away from Shump, rising into the air as it does so. He lashes out, slicing a chunk out of the creature which seems to cut through its DR. Wynn can point out where it is and the fact that it is now 15' up.

It casts another spell, targetting Wynn, who recognises it as finger of death! (I assume Wynn is fine with his 19 on the die fort save). However, he still finds himself rather drained by the attack.

Wynn takes 27 damage

Rolls:

Ambassador SR: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 5, 2) = 15
Sicken: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Will saves
Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30, +2 vs illusions
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16, +2 vs fear and enchantments
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31, Immune charm, disease, fear
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15, +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16, +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25, SR24

Shump OA, haste, pa: 1d20 + 30 + 1 - 4 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 30 + 1 - 4 - 5 = 37
Damage, pa, holy: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 20 + (4, 4) = 37

Wynn spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Wynn, fort, sickened: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 2 = 33
Damage: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 16 = 27

Round 2

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Alie

Valrar
Wynnreyell
Shump
Alie
-----------------------------------------
Enemy
-----------------------------------------

Bold may act. I have taken the Ambassador off the tracker as he geenrally doesnt seem to do anything Can we assume he runs off and hides out of the way of more aoe? I will bot Wynn as requested but after the people on delay have decided what they are doing. Valrar, remember you have 2 nnegative levels currently. Alie, it is currently outside your blindsight range but Wynn can tell you where it is.

Group Effects: Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 82|125
Gaius 111|131, sickened 2 rounds
Sir Ambrose 98|110
Shump 83|150
Valrar 119|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 44|122, sickened 2 rounds
The Ambassador 60|63, 2 negative levels

Enemy 50 damage

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

do we know "what" the creature is?


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

No-one has identified it as yet. It is a huge black skinned giant with massive clawed hands and eyes filled with inky darkness. Only you and Wynn have actually seen it so far.

Shump, having caught sight of the creature, recognises that it is some sort of undead giant.

You learn one thing about it, let me know what you are interested in.

Rolls:

Shump knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin
GMAndrewW wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

ALL - what should I ask?

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 (currently 41/27/25) | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 4/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day), Freedom of Movement, Fly, Protection from Evil, Stoneskin, Heroism, Haste

I'm good with the Ambassador taking off. All it does in combat (when I remember) is Knowledge, and it wasn't able to see this time.

Maybe Special Defenses? Hard to say if it has full casting or some spell-likes based on what we've seen and it likely isn't worth the ask.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Everything it has used so far has been a spelllike ability.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin
GMAndrewW wrote:
Everything it has used so far has been a spelllike ability.

any special defenses?


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Shump recalls that such creatures have powerful damage reduction which is only overcome by weapons which are both blessed by the powers of good and silver.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Oops, I should have made it clear that everyone can act at this point. I only bolded our people in delay which was an error. The whole party is up.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left

Alie moves to Shump’s side and casts Fly upon him.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

thanks Alie!

Shump flies up towards the creature.

"OK big boy!"

smite evil, AC 43 now

He swings.

power attack vital strike

attack power attack haste: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 1d10 + 16 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 20 + (6) + 16 + (5, 4) = 59

crit confirm: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 (currently 41/27/25) | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 4/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day), Freedom of Movement, Fly, Protection from Evil, Stoneskin, Heroism, Haste

Valrar draws one of four flight potions and quaffs it.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

With Alies help Shump flies through the mist towards the creature. As he emerges from it the creature lashes out at him, trying to seize his weapon. The creature tears his weapon from his hands.

Shump, you can draw an alternate weapon while you move into melee and I am happy for you to keep your attack roll. I assume you would draw the mace?

Smiting the creature Shumo smahes it in the knee and it howls in pain.

I am just going to roll your mace damage, it is in the spoiler below. The creature is undead so you will get double your level on smite as this is your first hit. Having smited it you also ignore its DR. It takes 63 damage but the 18 is not a threat.

If you cannot be disarmed for any reason or have something to prevent it let me know and I will retcon back to the sword crit.

Meanwhile Valrar gets ready to engage the creature in the air.

Rolls:

Disarm: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Mace damage: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 8) = 13

Round 1

Valrar
Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Wynnreyell

Shump
Alie
-----------------------------------------
Enemy

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 82|125
Gaius 111|131, sickened 2 rounds
Sir Ambrose 98|110
Shump 83|150, disarmed of his sword
Valrar 119|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 44|122, sickened 2 rounds
The Ambassador 60|63, 2 negative levels

Enemy 113 damage


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Oops, I just noticed that Shump had already doubled his smite damage, for some reason I was thinking you were a single classed paladin. The bad guy gets 16hp back. I will reflect that in my next update.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Still not much I can do... I can't even direct Sir Ambrose, since I have never actually seen the foe.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

You can move to a point where you can see him. Wynn can tell you where he is. I am happy with an attack order which will send Sir Ambrose in the right direction although he cannot currently charge due to the lack of line of sight.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

@GM No I can be disarmed. I'm fine with using the mace. Can Wynn see the creature? I think he said he'd shoot it.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin
GMAndrewW wrote:
Oops, I just noticed that Shump had already doubled his smite damage, for some reason I was thinking you were a single classed paladin. The bad guy gets 16hp back.

No I did a weird multi class build. I was thinking of spending prestige to retrain out the cavalier levels. I took the fighter levels for the extra feats


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire
Shump fighter wrote:
GMAndrewW wrote:
Oops, I just noticed that Shump had already doubled his smite damage, for some reason I was thinking you were a single classed paladin. The bad guy gets 16hp back.
No I did a weird multi class build. I was thinking of spending prestige to retrain out the cavalier levels. I took the fighter levels for the extra feats

He did but I wanted to give people who were on delay a chance to act before I botted him. However lets push things on and take his actions.

Wynn lets go with a barrage of arrows at the enemy.

Rolls:

Rapid shot, haste, gravity bow, deadly aim, improved precise shot, sickened and clustered shots

arrow #1: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 - 2 = 32
Damage, sickened: 2d6 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 17 - 2 = 19
Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

arrow #2: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 19 - 2 = 26
Damage, sickened: 2d6 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 17 - 2 = 24
Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

arrow #3: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 19 - 2 = 22
Damage, sickened: 2d6 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 17 - 2 = 17
Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

arrow #4: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32
Damage, sickened: 2d6 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 17 - 2 = 19
Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

arrow #5: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15
Damage, sickened: 2d6 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 17 - 2 = 25
Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

arrow #4 confirm: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32
Damage, sickened: 4d6 + 30 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 5) + 30 = 46

Wynn lands two arrows into the creature, one a rather serious shot to its throat. It growls menacingly but is still standing.

It takes 92 damage after DR

Round 1

Valrar
Gaius
Sir Ambrose

Wynnreyell
Shump
Alie
-----------------------------------------
Enemy

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 82|125
Gaius 111|131, sickened 2 rounds
Sir Ambrose 98|110
Shump 83|150, disarmed of his sword
Valrar 119|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 44|122, sickened 2 rounds
The Ambassador 60|63, 2 negative levels

Enemy 199 damage

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

With a wince, Gaius moves forward, and tosses a spell.

Explosion of Rot: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 6, 1, 1) = 32 Untyped damaged. DC 24 Reflex for half.

He then commands Sir Ambrose to move in for an attack!

Bite: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34, for 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 Holy damage.


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Gaius moves up through the fog and engulfs the monstrosity in the power of decay. His spell just punches through the creatures resistance to magic and, overwhelmed, it simply fades away into nothingness.

Given the body has simply disappeared it seems that the monstrosity was in fact summoned.

Rolls:

Gaius, SR, spell pen: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 2 = 29

Extra damage, cap is 15d6: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 4, 5) = 16

Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Combat is over, what would you like to do next?

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 82|125
Gaius 111|131
Sir Ambrose 98|110
Shump 83|150
Valrar 119|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 44|122
The Ambassador 60|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius pops Heals into Wynn and Shump.

He then starts healing himself...

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.

...and Sir Ambrose.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

"There are still a few groups that should be dealt with, correct...?"


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

I just noticed that you also get another bit of treasure in addition to the scroll of true resurection. There is also a +1 manual of bodily health. Yes, there were two groups outside you have not yet dealt with.

As yoi defeat the nightwalker the fog in the room also clears. This reveals that the entryway you used was also sealed when the creature was summoned. After a few moments however the blockage vanishes.

While it did not affect you the room also gained a forbiddance effect for that encounter which would have blocked any form of teleporting shennanigans.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left

”Okay, I think we are deep enough that we need to forget about those other two groups. We now know where Torch and that awful graveknight are....or were. We need to get there ASAP. After Gaius uses my wand and heals me, that is.”

Alie hands her wand of CLW to the healer and let’s it work on her.

Clw 7d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1, 7, 6, 8) + 7 = 47

Alie then pulls out her lesser extend rod and uses its last charge with yet another False Life Spell.

Temp HPs 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius nods, and also tops-up Valrar.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 (currently 41/27/25) | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 4/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day), Freedom of Movement, Fly, Protection from Evil, Stoneskin, Heroism, Haste

Valrar turns an angry loop-the-loop before rejoining the team. "Here's hoping we meet that oaf's conjurer at some point."

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump turns to Valrar. "Yeah maybe there's a wizard about!"


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

The group spend a little time recovering from their latest battles and checking out the rest of the Repository. Securing the valuable items here you head outside, locking the building as you leave. Heading south into the Lodge you find that things outside have changed somewhat. Emerging from the trees it is apparent that a heavy storm has rolled in over Absalom. The wind is picking up and starting to blow strongly. Periodically bursts of sheet lightning flicker across the sky.

More worringly, hovering above the westernmost tower of Skyreach is a deep red horizontal disc of glowing angry light. It appeears that some sort of ritual is underway on the roof. What its purpose is is unclear but it seems to be drawing power from the storm and to be growing.

What do you want to do? If you want to head to the roof of Skyreach you have a variety of options. You could teleport up there if you have enough available, you could fly up (currently I think Sir Ambrose and Gaius are air walking, Shump has a fly from Alie and Alie has overland flight. Valrar, your potion will have run out. You could climb up the walls or you could head inside and go up the stairs.

Environmental Effects:

You are currently dealing with Severe Wind. Ranged weapon attacks take a -4 penalty. Tiny flying creatures are blown away, small ones are checked. If you are small I will need a Strength check if on the ground (DC10) or a fly check if airborne (DC20). Fly checks take a -4 penalty. I only care about checks if we end up in an encounter where you have to deal with this. For normal travelling about you can ignore it.

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 142|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Valrar 136|136, 2 negative levels
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 60|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (22)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0 | 3 mirror images left

Alie will cast Fly on Valrar, giving him the option of Flying or taking the stairs.

does Wynn need a Fly Spell or can he Fly on his own?


Burden of Envy Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier) Siege of Gallowspire

Wynn has a fly prepped but I think he may have used it at the start, although it is not crossed off. He does have a level 3 pearl of power.

701 to 750 of 923 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.