GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


651 to 700 of 923 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

@Shump, Tortuga Wynn, feel free to roll your healing.

Alie and Valrar make their way back inside. Alie is able to burn another mass of undead away to create a clearer line of sight. Battling through to the third pylon Valrar disables it the old fashioned way. It again explodea but, protected by death ward, neither of you suffer any damage. The undead do however manage to claw and tear at both of you.

Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 6, 4) = 27

Alie, cross off a level 4 spell slot for dragons breath please

With the destruction of the third pylon the undead stop respawning and you quickly cut your way outside. A few remains, well scattered, but posing little threat. It is likely that they will be easily dealt with by Eliza#s agents once the Lodge is secured.

Meanwhile, outside, the rest of the group encounter a strange sight. Flickering to life nearby is an image of a tall woman wearing a rune inlaid ivory mask adorned with peacock feathers and silver rings. Any venture captains amongst you will recognise her as a membe of the Decemvirate called Shemis.

Pathfinders, pathfinders, can you hear me? Please respond, we must speak urgently, there is great danger.

The image is clearly illusory but it does appear to be Shemis.

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 113|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 32|150
Tortuga 51|169
Valrar 96|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 65|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius bows politely.

"Yes? We are listening..."


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The figure turns at the sound of Gaius speaking.

Ahh, there you are, excellent. It appears that a member of the Decemvirate has gone rogue. I have been monitoring the situation here and also at Gallowspirre. I cannot locate the Decemvirate member as the Helm blocks much of what I can do but his actions strongly suggest that something is amiss. The Grand Lodge is in danger but I cannot afford to call back any agents from Gallowspire, the situation there is simply too critical. You must stop whatever is happening here before it is too late. I cannot help you directly, however you can find a secure cache of equipment here in the grounds. Look for the crooked oak near to the Mausoleum. Beneath its roots is a hidden extra dimensional space. You can access it with the command word, "Bo-than". Hurry Pathfinders, you are our only hope!

With that the illusory image flickers and vanishes.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie has the others use her CLW wand to top off her healing.

CLW 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12

”I think we need to stop all those people that seem to be stealing before we go further in! One of you diplomats, think you can talk them down? I’d hate to have to dragon’s breath them like I did the undead!”

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 8) + 5 = 18
CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 5 = 18
CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 7) + 5 = 17

3 Charges that should get me up to 118 and then my wand of infernal healing should get me topped off in a couple of rounds.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

9 CLWs: 9d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 8) + 9 = 46

142/146

"If there are any interlopers, we'll see to them. We could use those supplies. As could other Pathfinders. But for others still, we could always threaten with the breath. The space sounds secure to me, though."


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, where to next? You can go and locate the supplies or try to deal with one of the three different groups of interlopers. One group is removing artefacts from the Water Gardens, one is removing documents from Skkyreach and one is lurking about the outbuildings trying to keep a low profile.

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 32|150
Tortuga 51|169
Valrar 142|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie votes to take on the ones at the Water Gardens. ”Those artifacts are priceless!”

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"Agreed, and then to Skyreach. We don't need to waste our time with the straggling cowards outside until they make a move."

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump channels to heal himself.

4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6, 5) = 16

and borrows the wand from Alie.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Shump heals the group with a channel and continues with a wand.

Shump still has some daamge, Tortuga has a lot on him, I am going to move you to the next section but feel free to roll out your healing if you want to do more.

Heading to the Water Gardens the group quickly comes across the group who are very clearly looting valuable artefacts from the building. As you approach they begin to scatter, clearly having no stomach for a fight against experienced Pathfinders.

You each have one rounds worth of actions to try and neutralise the group. Assume you do largely subdue them, this is a chance for you to show off. You start about 30' away. They will not be stopped by mundane skill use but incapacatating spells may well work.

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 102|150
Tortuga 67|169
Valrar 146|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius tosses out a Blessing of Fervor (a.k.a. Cleric Haste) on the party, then a Quickened Divine Favor upon Sir Ambrose, before letting him pounce into their midst!

Bite: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 45, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 = 24 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 Holy.
Bite: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 29, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 4 = 28 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 Holy.
Claw: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 40, for 1d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 4 = 28 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 Holy.
Claw: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 41, for 1d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 4 = 25 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 Holy.
Rake: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 31, for 1d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 4 = 28 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Holy.
Rake: 1d20 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 4 + 2 = 44, for 1d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 4 = 26 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 Holy.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Deep Slumber on a portion of the group. ”Remember, we need to keep some of them for questioning!”

DC 24 Will or sleep on up to 10HD of creatures.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar leaps into the fray, doing precious little compared to the others but still sowing fear all around.

Attack: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32
Damage: 1d4 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump borrows the wand again.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

I will give people until the end of play tomorrow to post their actions to subdue the thieves and looters

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Remember try not to damage the items either.

He says as he opens up a pit under a group of the.

Using create pit. 10x10x30 deep


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

I am going to bot Tortuga and Shump

Tortuga leaps across the gap between you and the enemy's in the blink of an eye while Sir Ambrose pounces into their midst. Wynn doesn't manage to catch anyone in his pit. Slower than the rest, Shump crashes into those that remain while one looter who tries to get away finds himself too tired to continue and falls asleep.

Between you the group of looters is quickly subdued and you also have a couple of captives you may quiz if you wish.

GM rolls:

Deep slumber save: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Create pit save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Tortuga attacks: 6d20 ⇒ (11, 3, 5, 12, 20, 1) = 52
Tortiga Damage, nonlethal: 10d10 + 25 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 2, 8, 8, 3, 4, 4, 5) + 25 = 73

Shump attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Shump damage, nonlethal?: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Shump confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Shump damage, nonlethal?: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 67|169
Valrar 146|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie slaps the sleepy thief in the face. ”Who sent you here? Why are you stealing from us? Whose side are you on, the Graveknight’s or Torch’s?!”


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The groggy man rouses himself, Who, what, where, what's going on, who are you? Oh, you must be Pathfinders. Well, I work for Torch and you can be sure I am a damned sight more frightened of him than you! But, if you want to find him then your best chance is to look for one of his lieutenants. Zurnzal took a team to the Repository, supposed to be some important super secret stuff there. Torch fought with one of your Decemvirate members but he fled off into the Mausoleum. Looks like you might have been there already he says with a grin. I'v no idea where either of them might be now but Zurnzal might know.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie turns to the others. ”I say we go find this Zurnzal before we go looking for the other two. There’s no telling what he might be able to fill us in on. Torch’s troops seem to share their information willy nilly, so I’ll bet he will say something to help us, despite himself.”

Anyone want to deal with the other groups of looters, or are we ready to head further in?

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"Zurnzal sounds less incompetent than this lot, so we may have to work to get them talking. Who are they?" Valrar asks the captive, pressing for specifics.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36

Where inside is the Repository? I wouldn't mind stopping the document thieves in Skyreach, but this might be a better place to go if we know roughly where Zurnzal is.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The man glowers back at Valrar, sullen and defiant. I dont know, some big shots, Zurnzal's supposed to be some hardened killer but I aint never heard of him.

The repository is a featureless stone building at the top end of the Lodge. Its entrance is known only to venture captains who are aware that it used to house dangerous magical secrets. VC's also know that there is a scroll of true resurrection hidden there for use in emergencies.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

I'm happy to finish subduing the looters.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, what about everyone else?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I'd say we should recover the scroll. It may come in handy later.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump rubs his chin. "Maybe the scroll?"


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, moving you on and heading to the Repository.

Heading to the small building in the northern end of the Grand Lodge you quickly make your way inside the building. Heading down to the secure storage level you come down a long stair to find an unusual sight. Coiling blue mist moves around this chamber in thick wall-like sheets that rise up to the ceiling some eighty-feet above. The floor and walls of the chamber are stone, but the outer walls remain partly obscured by the bluish fog. Items of all sorts can be seen through the mist, including a variety of statues, exhibits, arcane apparatuses, bookshelves, and even a distant meditation area briefly visible through a temporary break in the fog. Stone plinths burn with colored fire, each illuminating part of the immense repository chamber.

The fog blocks your vision of the rest of the room however any Venture Captains are familiar with the layout of the chamber.

What do you do?

Status, anyone can read:

Tortuga, you still have a lot of damage on you, you may heal up before entering if you wish.

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 67|169
Valrar 146|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie didn’t like the fog blocking her vision. She casts echolocation which would help with that for 140 minutes.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar slowly leads the group towards the hidden scroll, relying on memory more than sight. "Is this fog magical? We should figure it out before walking headlong in."


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Alies senses pick up three medium sized humanoid figures moving beyond the walls of fog towards the group.

What do you do?

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”There are three humanoids moving towards us from that direction. Be aware!”

She casts Detect Magic and tries to figure out what the deal is with this fog, anyway.

Heroism Spellcraft 1d20 + 2 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 15 = 33


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Alie examines the fog but it remains unclear what is causing it. Certainly it is magical but it does not appear to be the result of a spell.

The figures moving towards you do not react to Alie's comment. Currently they cannot be seen by the rest of you as there are fog walls blocking your view. One is approaching from the east, two from the north west.

What do the rest of you do? You can each take one round of actions at the moment. Alie has cast detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I believe my Goz Mask allows me to see them.

Wynn will raise his bow at one of the figures. "Make yourselves known."

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Fool me once...

Remembering what happened with the Red Mantis, Gaius casts Invisibility Purge, just in case...

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar keeps his sword at the ready, but waits for the new arrivals to make a move.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Botting Shump, I assume he draws his weapon in case of hostilities

With the invisibility purge in effect Wynn can now see two half orcs lurking just beyond the mist wall (the map is in landscape, they are to your right). He does not see the third figure that Alie can detect with her blindsight but Gaius catches a glimpse of him as he emerges from the fog and bears down on Wynn.

The map is up. I have put the opposition on the map but bear in mind you cannot see through the fog and currently only Gaius can see Zurnzal. This is a surprise round, Gaius and Alie can act in it.

Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 8

Perception
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Valrar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Shump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Gaius: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Ambassador: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Initiative
Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Shump: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Gaius: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Ambassador: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Red Agent: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Green Agent: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Zurnzal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Surprise Round

Gaius
Valrar
Wynn
---------------------
Zurnzal
---------------------
Ambassador
Sir Ambrose
Alie
---------------------
Red Agent
Green Agent

Bold may act.

Group Effects:

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Valrar 146|146, 2 negative levels, death ward 16 minutes
Wynnreyell 122|122
The Ambassador 63|63, 2 negative levels

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”We can see you! We are here to speak with Zurnzal. We were told he knows where Torch and the evil Decimverate member have gone. We need that information to try and stop them.”

Diplomacy 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

None of the figures reply.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius frowns.

"It is always polite to acknowledge when a lady speaks to you..."

He then casts Quickened Ill Omen (next 4 d20 rolls), and Chains of Light (Reflex DC 26) upon Zurnzal.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Forewarned, can act in surprise even if unaware. Paired with sandals of quick reaction, meaning I get a move and a standard

I still can not perceive Zurnzal, so will most likely cast Gravity bow in anticipation of combat.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump cries out. "Answer the Lady PLEASE? We want to talk with Torch!"

Diplomacy aid if I can: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)
Wynnreyell Moonsilver wrote:

Forewarned, can act in surprise even if unaware. Paired with sandals of quick reaction, meaning I get a move and a standard

I still can not perceive Zurnzal, so will most likely cast Gravity bow in anticipation of combat.

Good point, I missed that, just as well for you...

Zurnzal freezes in place under the power of Gaius and slowly his form emerges into sight for the rest of you. The two half orcs hiding beyond the mist withdraw out of Alies blindsight range.

Zurnzal eventually throws off the spell holding him but he seems willing to talk at least. Bah, Pathfinders, you are after Torch then? Well, I know where he is, you can have the knowledge if you are willing to pay my price.

Rolls:

Zurnzal reflex 1: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Zurnzal reflex 2: 1d20 ⇒ 20

A small scenario spoiler, read at your own risk:

Zurnzal was planning on death attacking one of you in order to establish how strong he was as a bargaining tactic. This is possibly the stupidest bargaining tactic I have ever seen, especially against pathfinders who are not really known for their restraint. Still, at least you dont have to fight two 16th level alchemists as well. Only Gaius spotted him as he also has hide in plain sight as well as being invisible.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Thank you for being reasonable. There’s no need for us to fight. What sort of price do you ask?”

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius nods politely.

"Let's just say that we would be interested in taking with Torch. What did you have in mind?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"We are here for the same reasons as him. He knows the true threat and misguided as some think him to be, our chances are better as an allied force."


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Zurnzal sneers, I dont care why you want Torch I just want out of this hellhole. Let me and the lads go and give us safe passage out of here. I only need a few minutes head start and you will never see me again.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”You agree to leave any Pathfinders alone on your way out, and we have a deal. Tell us what you know, don’t kill any members, and you get out of here safely. Deal?”

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius raises an eyebrow.

"Of course, self-defence if you are attacked on your way out would be fine; just try to avoid that becoming necessary."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"Ah, you're that sort. What the gnome said, then: be good and talk to us and we'll gladly let you get out."

651 to 700 of 923 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.