A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


451 to 500 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Indeed, and it is good to meet you," Adol affirms, just as he grants the retreating madam a grateful nod. He rests his hand on his sword as makes his posture as broad and physically imposing as he can. "My name is as she said, and in addition to having a lot of experience in killing dragons, I am a renowned pathfinder and played a large part in the defense of the demonic invasion of Absalom a few years ago. I've been told some enterprizing traders still sell replica falcata's of that event."

For a moment, he gazes out through the window, remembering that battle, of how a demonic gate was opened almost on top of the city, in addition to an entire fleet of undead attacking from the sea. Of how an elite teleporting group of pathfinders had performed surgical assassination strikes on the enemy leaders in record time, which he had been a part of. Of how he'd felt some pride as his part had inspired more people to take up the art of the rondelero swashbucklers, a fighting style he himself had adopted in these lands many years ago. There was even a children's toy sword moddeled after his own.

His friend Delaan had made good profits off of those, and probably still was. So long as his own cut was donated to the less fortunate, Adol didn't mind. Especially since the real reward had been the increased popularity of Estivas, which had expended him/her beyond someone people laughed about in taverns. In a way, that had been a turning point - a re-affirmation that he was on the correct path.

"The point is: all of my companions have similar resumes, which gives us very good fighting chances against this legendary dragon," he continues calmly, refocusing on the mayor. "But to minimize civilian casualties and damage to the town, we need to arm ourselves as well as possible - we need more knowledge. Preferably, something that could help us track down this dragon so that the next fight isn't in the village. That is why we are attempting to make haste."

"I've heard that you have some plan of your own for dealing with the dragon, and I believe we should dicuss this plan and the overall coordination of the defense of the village at length. Before we get into this, however, I would like to know something else. It is my experience that dragons, especially powerful ones, never come to an area without good reason. Do you know why this legendary dragon was drawn to your village over any other location on Golarion? Anything we know on what it wants is something we could use against it."

Diplomacy, attempting to impress the mayor through a combination of imposing physique and confidence, and trying to secure his cooperation, if required: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (15) + 32 = 47

He then looks at Ulliaza and nods. Whatever the mayor was about to say, he was interested in her estimation of his honesty.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa goes towards the mansion; and upon seeing that her allies are no longer there; goes back to the Abadaran Bank. Hoping that someone went back there. She Dimension Doors into the bank once she has line of effect to the way she first entered it.

Resources used: 4th level spell; apologies for not being more specific with my last post.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Audit: Alithea's scrying save is actually DC 25, so +4 from spell level.

Eldran Will: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 10 = 13

Alithea:
Alithea's mirror ripples, blurring Alithea's reflection... over the course of the hour, the image resolves into a vision of Eldran.. he is in what appears to be a stone structure or some kind. He sits with several of his bloodless around a table, and he appears to be deep in concentration. Floating between all of the visible figures is a spectral purple gas that drifts in between the heads of the members there, and occasionally what appears to be a screaming face opens up in the mist, though it makes no noise.

The group is surrounded largely by unworked stone, but they sit on a machine made of wood and metal, a long, thin platform. Behind Eldran is a chair, next to which is a large lever with a safety, and attached to the lever is a huge wheel, over ten feet in diameter, with a wire wound around it. The wire stretches out of view on the bottom of the wheel, connected to something unknown below.

Adol and Uliaza,

Attempting to impress someone with how imposing you are is an Intimidate check, so Adol gets a 23. Diplomacy is generally for convincing people "I have this thing that you want, so give me the thing that I want".

The mayor creases his brow and frowns as he sits up and wraps a towel around himself. "Hmm." he says, eyeing their weapons, Uliaza's black skin, Adol's spectral wings, and the rest. "Very well," he says.

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I don't know much about this dragon, or why it might come here. My advisor, Eldran Tath, simply explained to me that it came to destroy the city, and that we have to do whatever it takes to repel it. Are you here to help him?"

Maika,

It takes some time for the paperwork to go through the bureaucratic system, but after awhile a man and a woman are dispatched from farther into the compound and Maika is led into the gate room. It has toggle-able gates to many different planes of existence, and Maika is introduced to Rory, a journeyman cleric of Abadar. This cleric is carrying a massive mechanical backpack, the weight of which he seems to bear comfortably. Tall and stocky and blonde, Rory seems to Maika like an honest if simple fellow, and he explains that his job is to retrieve everything stored in the bank and move it to a more secure location. A dragon attack isn't one of the things that the Bank is equipped to solve by themselves, but the Bank is still required to protect the property of its customers.

The pair go through the portal after it opens and arrive in another Bank of Abadar, which Rory explains as being in the Vault of Abadar in Absalom. Following that, Rory takes Maika's arm and uses the blessing of Abadar to travel to far-flung locations and brings them through space back to the outskirts of Dalaston. Smoke still rises from the air, and the good-hearted young man's eyebrows raise. "Wow," he says, "I guess we'd better get to work, huh?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nodded along with the mayor's answer, then gave Ulliaza a 'take it away' hand gesture. It was pretty clear he'd let her handle difficult topics like Eldran as he'd promised - and the mayor's direct question regarding him didn't leave much room to maneuver to other topics at the moment.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She offers a slight nod and shrug. "We would definitely be interested in learning Eldran's plans and seeing if we can aid him, or have him aid us. We've got some questions we wanted to ask that I'm pretty sure you could answer, but if you'd tell us where we could find Eldran after this, we'd appreciate it."

Pausing for a moment, she glances at Adol before continuing. "We heard that the first attack from the dragon wasn't on the town itself, but the nearby mines. Did anything of interest happen involving the mines before the attack, or do you know anyone who might be able to point us in the right direction?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Upon seeing Alithea casting a spell Rirsa attempts to identify it Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Recognizing her scrying spell Rirsa simply stands guard; knowing how annoying it was to have a spell interrupted.

She looks at Carie Alithea estas Scrying - eble por la Nigromanto; Eldran Tath. Ni devas gardi nin kaj certigi, ke ŝi ne estu interrompita.

Chevaineyan:
Alithea is Scrying- possibly for the Necromancer; Eldran Tath. We should stand guard and ensure that she is not interrupted.

She makes a point to stand in a place not covered in blood. Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

I’ll have my next few questions up tomorrow.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Indeed. And on that subject, what is the town mining in that mine? Was that attack on it also the first sighting of the dragon?"


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Carrie shrugs and stands there with Rirsa. She doesn't see any reason to stand guard - they're standing in a locked bank, after all - but Rirsa is her commander, so she listens.

- - -

"Mr. Tath spends most of his time in the Bank," says the Count, sopping sweat away on his forehead, "But... I'm not sure that you will actually want to see him. He is... not the most pleasant man."

He shakes his head when asked about the mines. I don't think anything of grave import happened there, no. It mines iron, and I don't recall hearing anything that needed to be dealt with before the attack."

He creases his brow. "Is that all? I'm very sorry, but you're interrupting private time."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She shakes her head and waves a hand. "No, but we only have two more questions, then we'll leave you be. I am sorry to be interrupting your private time, but again, this is rather important. We met a Cleric of Sarenrae in the town square, healing people when we came into town. As far as I know, the Bank of Abadar is the only temple in town. Do you know where this cleric might stay? And while we're at it, does the crown know about what's going on here?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"And a third thing we also really have to know: what was this plan you had for dealing with the dragon? Is it your plan, or the plan of this Eldran? You don't seem to particularly like him. Why is that? Or for that matter, who is he and why would he offer to help the village against such a massive threat?"

He takes a deep breath. "These are life and death matters concerning everyone in the village. I can understand that you don't want to be disturbed, but dismissing us will not make the dragon go away - nor Eldran, if you feel that way. Please give us a moment of your time so we have that much of a better chance to actually make it so. The next dragon attack could claim anyone as a casualty, even yourself and your family, if we're unlucky. That's why it is important we succeed first."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The Count quirks an eyebrow. "You said two questions. I counted six. How about you ask me two more questions and then leave me alone?" he says scornfully. "If you're so worried about the plan, you can consult with my advisor. He is the one spearheading the plan, and he can decide for me whether or not he wants to allow you in on it. Frankly, it's none of your business. It's handled."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

knowledge: cultures: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35

Do I know anything about the mayor of this town? Especially, something that made him look bad to the Crown in the past?

@ Ulliaza, I prefer if you make the decision on what to do. I think Adol would probably remind him of a few things I mentioned in the discussion thread and give him a chance to reconsider his attitude, but I don't want to make every important/potentially antagonizing decision.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol:
The count isn't really famous or infamous for anything. He isn't well-respected among his peers, but he also doesn't socialize much with them at Oppara's noble balls or anything. You know that Taldor's nobility is very much entrenched, and that many of them are guilty or sins small or large. It isn't something that's closely monitored.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti then asks the beings, "Does the mayor know anything about the dragon's whereabouts?"

"If he does not, is there anyone within town that does?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Alithea finishes her spying on Eldran, and notices and turns to Rirsa, "Ah, Lady Loldan. I have seen Eldran, he's in a place with natural stone, likely a cave. He was with several more bloodless, and they were on some kind of machine. There was a mist that seemed to be speaking to them as well. This was once a mining town, it seems likely they're hiding down in the mines." Alithea dusted off her simple dress, choosing to perform the simple task without magic.

She then moved closer to where Rirsa was standing watch, and sat down on a nearby pew. "Since we have a few minutes while we wait for the others, perhaps we could get to know each other a bit better. I heard you mention a House Loldan, though I must say, I've never heard of them. I don't overly concern myself with nobility."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"The danger of some threats is why fees are priced the way they are." Maika said as she returned to the city, looking over at Rory. "But they are well within our ability to handle. Don't forget that most localities have embraced the defensive escalation strategy to ward off threats - if you can't solve it with your on-site power, keep calling for outside help until someone with enough power intervenes." With that, she strode forward to lead Rory towards the bank, waving away any guards that might come bother the two of them.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza gives him a blank stare for a few moments before speaking. "...I'm going to be blunt, mayor. We visited the Bank before coming here, and what we found wasn't pleasant. Did you know Eldrath was committing mass sacrifices and profane necromantic rituals? If not we, can take you the bank and show you the pile of corpses he left behind."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"To clarify: Yes, he killed all the Abadaran clerics, in addition to the things he did to the children," Adol added, nodding. "Not a very nice person indeed, this aide of yours, to put it lightly."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa looks at Alithea and calmly responds; "I'm from a different plane; one like this- so I would be concerned if you knew about my Family. We're a small Noble house charged by my King with the task of military leadership research and development; we research for effective increase in our overall Military Prowess through increasing the effectiveness of our officers... Often through Martial and Arcane schooling. I am the current end production model and representative of eight generations of my family's research. My end goal here is the recruitment of suitable candidates for our arcane officer corps... It also doubles as excellent training for adventurers; as well." She pauses to take a breath and to get her mind off of the obvious rehearsal. As for me personally; I'm just a seventeen year old girl who happened to save her world from a few too many crises appearently.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Calxakti,

"Does the mayor know anything about the dragon's whereabouts?" "No."

"If he does not, is there anyone within town that does?" "No."

10 questions remain.

- - -

Uliaza and Adol,

The mayor shakes his head as his skin begins to pale and his sweat turns cold. "No, you must be mistaken. Eldran is here to help rescue us from the dragon. His rituals empower our citizens to have the strength to repel the dragon. And the Abadaran clerics were blasphemers who could do nothing to help us."


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Will investigating the sacrifices and undead lead us to the dragon?"


Rocks Fall; You Die!

"Will investigating the sacrifices and undead lead us to the dragon?" "If done correctly."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza leans forward a bit, squinting at the mayor. "What kind of Advisor shoots rays of necromantic energy out of their hands, is effected heavily by a paladin's ability to smite the evil in the world, and is actually undead themselves?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Perhaps only Eldran," Adol follows. "You might be unfamiliar with these aspects, but it is the truth. Eldran is an undead. He has hidden it cleverly, and somehow managed to convince everyone here that nothing he did was suspicious, even though his undead constructs literally took the entire town hostage. He probably did this to both prevent word of his activities from reaching the Crown, and to hoard you all inside so that he had enough 'livestock' to keep adding to his group of undead," he says, bitterly towards the end. "And he probably killed most of the clerics both to give him a base and to murder anyone who might be able or daring enough to identify his constructs."

He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath als calms himself. "Of course, that brings us to the core of this issue. You are obviously smart enough to now grasp the implications for you. Eventually, word of all this IS going to reach the Crown. There is only so long something as high profile as a legendary dragon reemerging to attack a village can go unnoticed by outsiders. Then, the authorities in Oppara will investigate what happened here."

"When they do, they will learn that you were publicly seen supporting this Eldran, making you directly complicit in a manyfold homicide of your own subjects. Worse perhaps, is that you were heard openly asking for or demanding sacrifices for Eldran, from your position as mayor. This strongly hints of abuse of power of the foulest kind. And if they keep asking, they will also learn that while all of this was going on and the villagers were afraid and confused, you hid in a brothel, forsaking your duties of being there for your subjects. If we could learn this information, an inquisitor in service to the Crown could too. I am not intimately familiar with Taldan law, but I imagine the verdict for something like this can only be extremely severe. At best , you will probably lose your lands and possessions and be exiled from the nation."

He lets the implications of this hang for a good ten seconds of silence. "Perhaps you think me harsh, but it is the truth as I currently see it. These events do not even require any intervention on our part. ...Of course, therein lies an alternative," he continues with a 'your turn' hand-gesture. "You could have a credible person testify on your behalf, insisting on how deadly and insidious this Eldran was, how skilled he was in warping the minds of others, and that you were simply here at the wrong station at the wrong time. He could say that this could have happened to anyone, and that the blame lies sorely with him. That person could be me. As I said before, I have some connections to the court."

He then frowns. "However, at this point, it falls upon you to convince me you are in fact innocent, and that you are worthy of such aid. To be honest, that you are indeed hiding here while this crisis is going on outside does you no credit. There is also a rumor going on that you might be beating those who work here, further adding to the implication of abuse of power. And I surely misheard you when you just directly implied that a few minutes of your time were worth more than the collective lives of your lawful subjects, who look to you for leadership?"

"I want to believe that there is good in everyone and that I can give you the benefit of the doubt in these extreme cicumstances, or at the very least a chance at redemption. Starting by answering ALL of our questions regarding Eldran, the Dragon, the mine and the remaining priests might be a good place to begin."

He finishes with a nod, and takes a sideways glance at Ulliaza to gauge her approval.

The ball is in your court, Mayor.

"Oh, and regarding Eldran, in case you want to know, he is on the run. We easily subdued him and destroyed all the constructs that were with him. My intent is to ensure he meets justice for his crimes," he adds as an afterthought.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"It sounds as if you mostly think of yourself as a weapon of some sort. Certainly there is more to you than that." Alithea said, a hint of concern in her voice.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The count stiffens up and keeps on getting more stiff as Adol keeps talking. "You dare? You come in here, ignorant and arrogant, and you threaten to call in a higher authority on me? You threaten to have me exiled or hanged and to lie to ensure that it happens? Bah!" he spits on the floor of the bordello. "You have no idea of the hard decisions that are required for leadership! You tell me, Mr. Superior, what you would have done in my place. A dragon attacks, a creature takes over your town and demands your citizens, and kill the people meant to defend you. Tell me what you would have done in my place and I won't have the guards come in here and drag you out. In fact, never mind. I might have them drag you out anyway. You don't belong here. You're not doing anybody any good by coming in here and threatening me with death."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
DM Divinity wrote:
The count stiffens up and keeps on getting more stiff as Adol keeps talking. "You dare? You come in here, ignorant and arrogant, and you threaten to call in a higher authority on me? You threaten to have me exiled or hanged and to lie to ensure that it happens? Bah!" he spits on the floor of the bordello. "You have no idea of the hard decisions that are required for leadership! You tell me, Mr. Superior, what you would have done in my place. A dragon attacks, a creature takes over your town and demands your citizens, and kill the people meant to defend you. Tell me what you would have done in my place and I won't have the guards come in here and drag you out. In fact, never mind. I might have them drag you out anyway. You don't belong here. You're not doing anybody any good by coming in here and threatening me with death."

"I am not threatening you with anything. I simply state the truth as it currently appears to me. Shouting at me will not make any of our problems go away." Adol replies, completely calm. "It is my belief that even if I were inclined to inform the authorities in Oppara of what you've been doing, it wouldn't matter in the end, since they will investigate on their own anyway. Like I said, everything I just told you is based on basic logic and equally basic research that anyone in service of the Crown would learn themselves. What I am offering you is a second chance and a potential way out, rather than remaining passive to your personal plight. Considering all that I'm asking is your cooperation in keeping your town safe , including you and your family , and a guarantee that if there is any truth to any of these rumors surrounding you that you will change your ways, that seems like a very small price to pay to me."

"As to what I would have done, if you must know, I would probably have informed the Crown, and/or have those able evacuated from the village while I waited for their answer. The Crown has allies able to fight this dragon, like us, if not agents who could do it by themselves. I probably would not have trusted a random stranger who demanded children to be handed to him after the first of his projects started to prevent everyone from leaving the village. You could have sent a scout over the wall under cover of night to sneak a message to the Crown even if Eldran kept the main gate guarded. But by this point, that is in the past, and what you could or should have done no longer matters. What matters instead is the choices we make now going forward, in fixing this mess everyone here finds themselves in, now that Eldran has been exposed as an undead necromancer only out for himself."

He crosses his arms and leans back casually. "You further say I have no idea what it is to lead. That is ironic, since I am the ruler of Arl on the planet Akiton, a city of around twenty-five thousand souls. We are a hardy people beset daily by the likes of dragon-like creatures known as behirs, ghosts, death worms, sand serpents and shoggoths. As I am their ruler, I am also responsible for their defense. Every. Single. Day, I need to make life and death decisions on who to send where, to keep my people as safe as I can. Sometimes, these result in death, whom way heavily on my conscience. That is also the reason I came here, since one of my men received a vision that disaster was about to strike in your town and many others following the events that would take place here. Even if it was none of his business to help any of you, he still did it, and was killed by your advisor for it. Partly in his legacy, and partly to see vengeance served for his death, I am now offering you the same offer of help. If even that is not enough for you, I have fought in a number of battles in the recent civil war here, including the opening one where the Count's allies tried to murder the entire senate. I know very well what it is to fight and lead in a battle, and as a Pathfinder my earlier job was to personally fend off horrors beyond common imagining."

"So now that you know everything about the situation, the question is: what are you going to do now? Without your undead, child-murdering advisor, your clerics killed by him and the undead who were keeping you trapped to await being sacrificed by Eldran, it seems to me you are completely helpless against this legendary dragon. So I state again: I am here with a group of extremely experienced specialists, some of which are worshipped as actual gods. Do you want our help and work with us, or do you want to await your fate, either by the dragon or in the courtcase that will inevitably follow some time from now?"

He pauses, then seems to consider something. "Actually... I will sweeten this deal for you. Promise to help us, mend your ways and answer all of our questions, and I will also give all of your collective guards the opportunity to shoot me and use me as target practice. If I'm not as good as I say I am, I will die, and you'll be rid of me."

He says the last part extremely casually, as if talking about the weather, and winks at Ulliaza.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza... decides screw it, just gonna let Adol go hog wild. She takes a step back and to the side, allowing herself slip out of sight while the count is distracted with him. Either this will go well for him, or it will go badly.

Hellcat Stealth: 1d20 + 41 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 41 - 10 = 49


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The count haughtily throws up his chin(s). "Blackmail won't work on me, you uncultured brute! I would like you to please leave. I have work to get to, and my own, trusted agents to rely on. Now go."


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

”Will our current course of investigation bring us answers?”

”Does the dragon intend to return?”

”Is there a way to make the dragon come to us?”


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6
Alithea, the Unraveling Eye wrote:
"It sounds as if you mostly think of yourself as a weapon of some sort. Certainly there is more to you than that." Alithea said, a hint of concern in her voice.

I never said I was weapon; Did I? Rirsa pauses for a moment; resting her right hand on her hip;and begins to move her left hand emphatically as she speaks...I grew up in a place called Chevain; it's a small kingdom- it was a small kingdom until just recently... I grew up training my sorcery before moving on to weapons and armor and Tactics. Eventually a one my world's Archmages held a tourney in which I did well in. I was grouped up with some others and was tasked by him to find artifacts on his behalf. We spent several months retrieving them; stopping several terrible wars that threatened to eventually drag the entire world into it along the way... But stop them we did. The various remnants of the enemy factions gathered under the banner of the Divine Emperor Greaver; they captured everyone but me and laid seige to my homeland. I fought my way to him by myself and ended his line... Funny thing was; he was the son of the Green Dragon my house's founder slew- earning his Noble title. When I ended their emperor; they had no leadership that wanted to manage a failing empire- far too much land- so Chevain took whatever lands it had ceded to the empire in the past and us rebuilding itself.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

”Will our current course of investigation bring us answers?” "Yes."

”Does the dragon intend to return?” "Yes."

”Is there a way to make the dragon come to us?” "Bait."

6 questions remain.

- - -


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol, clearly unimpressed, seems like he might have answered, but then looks around, to the left, right, ceiling and floor, and finds no trace of Ulliaza. "It seems my companion wants to speak with you in private. I will take my leave then. In the words of your own advisor, I gave you a chance. Two of them, in fact, despite that you just confessed to all the crimes I mentioned earlier. Goodbye, ser."

Unless the mayor or Ulliaza says something to change his mind and there is a window present, he opens the window and flies off. If there is no window, he walks away through the door.

If no one stops him, he then heads for the church, with the intent of finding Alithea or Maika and securing a teleport to Oppara. Given how rotten the local law seemed to be, it was time to inform the Crown and ask for their aid in restoring local order. Perhaps this should have been done earlier, given the severity of the prophecy and the re-emergence of the ancient dragon. Maybe there was even something about this town in the library of the capital city, or the archives of the Crown.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

After Adol leaves the brothel, the count begins to quickly dress, muttering angrily to himself about rude adventurers poking their heads where they don't belong.

- - - -

Rory has the keys for the Bank in his knapsack, and he opens up the vault doors and the safe with other keys. As he does so, he introduces himself to the other adventurers in the Bank. He is Rory, a journeyman cleric of Abadar. He opens up his backpack, which unfolds and uncranks itself until it's a series of discrete slots that lead into extradimensional spaces. Then he begins to pack the contents of safety-deposit boxes into the different slots, marking down information about what goes where.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I thought our plant sees enough wars, but it seems as if it could be much worse. That's a good perspective to have. None of our cosmology has considered the existence of another material plane. I'd wonder what the implications of such a discovery might be, and what other kinds of dangerous magic might exist there." Alithea started to get lost in thought then snapped back as Rory cracked the door and began to open vaults.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She lets him get fully dressed before slipping back into sight, bowing at the waist slightly before rising with a light smirk on her face. "I do apologize for him. The man thinks himself clever, but more often than not he tends to butcher delicate meetings like this by jumping to conclusions or insulting people. To be blunt, I had hoped he would just stand there and look pretty. Goes to show me to bring him along to delicate situations."

Taking a few steps forward, she offers her hand to him. "Actually, formal introductions are in order. I am Saint Uliaza, though just Uliaza is fine. I don't particularly feel very saintly, but the Petal Trail must have a title or they go nuts. How about we discuss the situation in more civil terms? Unlike Adol, I understand fully how strenuous having beings more powerful than yourself constantly ordering you around can be. I was a slave at one point, you see."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Since the door is now open, Adol flies through the church entrace at some point during the process of categorizing the safe. "Hello everyone. It's good to see you made it back here safely," he says to Maika and Rirsa. "And with company too, I see. My name is Adol, and i'm a part of this investigation group. Pleased to make your acquintance," he adds to the clerics. "Did we find something of note, that could explain why all of this happened here ?"

If Rory is still busy, Adol simply waits for him to finish, after offering his aid if he can in any way.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Is Eldran hiding within the town?"

"Is Eldran connected to the dragon?"


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Rory absentmindedly shakes Adol's hand for a moment before turning his full attention back to his work. Properly cataloging all of the possessions here was key to ensuring their safety and at the same time ensuring that they could be returned to their proper owners once the threat had passed. "Are you looking for anything in particular? I'm simply storing valuables for the moment." He holds up a steadying hand - "Which, by the way, I am obligated to prevent you from helping with. The Purveyor may help, for she has the proper certification, but unless you can show me proper identification I had better be the only one to touch these things."

- - - - -

"Is Eldran hiding within the town?" "No."

"Is Eldran connected to the dragon?" "Yes."

4 left.

- - - - -

The Count starts when Uliaza reveals herself. He wipes some more sweat into his hair and then he takes a steadying breath. "Wondered where you'd went," he says. "Didn't I tell the both of you to f$~~ off? If it's true that Tath has fled, that means I have work to get done. Time-sensitive work, so I can't be stuck waiting in here any longer."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She tilts her head and raises her hands in a passive gesture. "You didn't actually tell me to leave, but that's neither here nor there. What is this time sensitive work? I could help you, or my allies could help you? Unlike Adol, I know making an enemy out of you is foolish. We both have more to gain from working together than apart. With all my allies, we can cover pretty much any field that you might need assistance with. All you have to do is let us help you."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika leaned towards the others. "Yeah, just asking about things is fine. I'll have to help him if anyone tries to touch the things without permission - existing contractual obligations and all." she straightened up a moment later. "Can you review any documents for information about what exactly is going on in this town?" After a moment, feeling that another nudge wouldn't hurt, "The last thing we want to do is pack away something people here want and trigger an attempted robbery elsewhere instead of doing our due diligence to protect the assets of the Bank."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Lady Maika speaks the truth. I believe none of us have any material interest in the contents of the vault. They probably rightfully belong to the citizens of this town. Therefore, taking any contents would be theft," Adol assures him. "However, we were hoping that the church records would contain something that would help us in our investigation, and that anyone you deem qualified for it could study them. The one who very likely killed all your fellow clerics here is an uncommonly powerful undead, who is currently on the run. At the same time, an uncommonly powerful dragon emerges who has also shown too much interest in this place. That two of such entities appear in a small, seemingly unremarkable town simultaneously feels strange to me."

He pauzes a moment, scratching his chin. "I thought that maybe there would be something in the older records that could explain why they would come here, perhaps something regarding the town's origin or some old secret not known to the public. That might give us a lead in finding this undead and preventing him from inflicting similar harm and damage on anyone in the future."

"Also... I believe someone said something about this town being attacked previously by the same dragon, around... 400 years ago?" he looks around at those more knowledgeable in history, which is probably everyone, for confirmation. "There might be a record of what happened there, the previous time this happened, and how he was driven off then. That might also help us going forward. Perhaps this undead was involved back then, as well."

knowledge Culture: when exactly was the previous dragon attack, so that it might help us quickly find the relevant information?: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa walks towards Adol to fill him in on what she's discovered for herself; According to the Innkeeper at the Day's End; Eldran Tath said that the Abadaran Preists had sinned. And the Sacrifices we're needed to correct that sin. But the dragon didn't attack until after Eldran Tath had shown up in town. This currently implies that either some Abadaran Preist wrong him in Mr.Tath's perception somewhere... Or the Dragon has some connection to the Revenant and is using him as an emissary. She exhales a sigh... That doesn't leave us with a motive for taking the city hostage; so I am still missing information somewhere.Rirsa then looks towards Maika. Maika; may I speak to you when you have moment? I need your help in finding out who Eldran Tath was before he came here. It may help us piece together clues on how he became this way.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol listens to Rirsa's new information intently, nodding along. "So his surname is Tath? I do not think it was mentioned before, so that is already good to know. And... you're saying Eldran showed up before the dragon attacked? Interesting. Assuming there is a connection between the two of them, that implies he knew the dragon would attack the town beforehand. It could be that they're enemies and that the dragon would attack him wherever he was. It could also indeed be that they are allied and that dragon attacked the town to give Eldran a chance to assert his power here. But... that last part makes less sense to me with what we currently know. Between the two of them, why would two intelligent beings of such malevolence and power risk this, oppening themselves to a counterattack on them, only to gain a foothold for Eldran in this small town? What could be here that is worth it...? And couldn't Eldran do that by himself? ...I think that without more information on the town or Eldran, we won't reach a reliable conclusion on this."

When Rirsa mentions the clerics, Adol exhales a sigh, and sits down on some of the furtiture that was damaged in the previous two fights taking place here. "The mayor told me that too, that Eldran insisted the Abadaran clerics were heretics. I think he at least partially believed him. Worse perhaps, the mayor confessed to willingly working with Eldran even after he learned of how evil he was. He told me Eldran had killed a few of his guards, had taken over the town and that he saw no other way but to continu supporting him. At the same time, he implied having no plan of himself whatsoever to do anything about the situation. Not even basic things like sending a secret messager to inform the capital. He was content to just keep giving the village's children to Eldran even though the bloodless he turned them into were keeping the town hostage AND knowing full that Eldran was a murderer. Adding to this, he refuses to tell us anything about Eldran even though he knows full well this information is a life or death matter to all the citizens here. Not out of fear, but out of anger of being reminded of the reality of the sitution."

He closes his eyes and rubs them with the buts of his gauntlets."In my humble opinion, the mayor is an egotistical coward only out to save himself, who cares nothing about the lives of any of his subjects, even his own family, hides in a brothel most of the time according to this guards and Ulliaza suspects he beats the workers there. He deems a few minutes of his time more valuable than sharing what he knows for everyone's defense, including his own. I gave him two seperate chances to begin atoning and work with us, but he refused twice. Honestly, under normal conditions I would have arrested him mostly on being complicit for the many deaths that occured partly to his abuse of power, and would have handed him over to the local law. Unfortunately, the fact is that he is the local law and that local law enforcement works for him."

He stands up and stretches himself out. "I'm currently considering visiting Oppara and informing the Crown and the pathfinder society so that they know what has happened here. Maybe either of their libraries contain additional information on this, and the Crown might be able to help restoring order by dispatching veteran guards here that can actually fight the bloodless, if they return when we leave to fight the dragon. They might also be able to give us a royal writ that gives us the authority to officially perform this investigation, which might help if the mayor tries to somehow sabotage us. However, to do this, I will need the aid of someone to teleport me to the capital city, and I'm not entirely sure how long that will take compared to searching through the records here. If I reach the city, I'm sure I can find someone else to get us back..."

He trails off, lost in his musings, as he watches Rory continue his duties. "Hmmm... Eldran Tath... Eldran Tath... did I hear that before, somewhere?"

Since Rirsa told us Eldran's full name, history check on if the name Eldran Tath says anything to Adol. If not, does he recall notable events where someone used a similiar modus operandi to him?: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (19) + 27 = 46

If Adol's knowledge check on his name yields nothing, he suggests that since Eldran is a confirmed liar and that someone that powerful and still active should have left some trace in recent history, there is a chance that Eldran Tath is a fake name, which might be relevant to magical attempts to gain information on him.

I'm off to sleep, please don't wait for me to move things along.
Random fun trivia: when the possibility of Eldran's name being fake occured to me, I thought if it could be an anagram for something. If you hussle his letters around, you get 'Taldan Hert'. Hert is Dutch for deer, meaning his name is an English/Dutch anagram for Taldan Deer. I know where I am never going hunting...


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika rubbed her chin as Rirsa spoke. "Information on this figure... given what we've gathered together, I think a Legend Lore spell would be appropriate and likely to consider him a valid subject. That one is difficult to transact directly, but I can attempt it another way, and faster at that. Targeting him directly would likely take days, but if we use the scene of the attack here as a focus and try to understand it more fully, I believe I can get information in ten to forty minutes of casting."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa nods; I was actually going to talk to you about that; actually... I also think we have enough for that spell to work; if not- we at least have a source for more information about him. She thinks for a moment and then shrugs I don't think anyone would have any more information; except for the appearently incompetent Count; Eldran Tath himself; and maybe the Captain of the Guard. Other than the Legened lore spell; I don't think we'll get much more information to work with other than the scene itself. No other solution is appearent; at the moment.

She strides over to Carie- Carie; Ni demandis ĉiujn homojn, kiujn ni povas pensi - ni parolis al la grafo - kiu ne tre kompetentas - la gastejo gardisto; kiu almenaŭ donis al ni raporton pri kiel la necromano efektive transprenis la urbon. Ni ne povas pensi pri io alia; ĉu vi havas ideon pri kiu ni povus demandi? aŭ faru poste?

Chevaineyan:
Carie; We've asked all the people we can think of- we've spoken to the Count- who's not very competent- The inn keeper; who at least gave us an account of how the Necromancer effectively took over the town. We can't think of anything else; do you have an idea on whom we might ask? Or do next?


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Decided to delete this post; I originally suggested waiting to see if the records showed anything first but I understand the magic involved doesn't take much if any time.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol:
You remember the name Eldran Tath, though the usage of it seems extremely unlikely. Your time with the crown members of Taldor has taught you some about their history, and a man named Eldran Tath was once the crown prince of the nation. Hundreds of years ago, Taldor's capitol was a city to the northeast of here called Talamir, and Eldran Tath ruled Taldor from there.

Rory frowns. "This isn't a historical library," he says, going through the bank's paper ledgers. "The only information here is going to be banking information." He flips through to the back, looking for mention of any Eldran Tath. "I can't find that man's name anywhere in the records. Is there anything else specific that you'd like me to look for?" He flips back to the front. "I'm not finding any suspicious payments to Count Serano, either. Hmm."

- - - - -

Uliaza Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Count Serano frowns, peering at Uliaza curiously as she makes her pitch. Then he shakes his head. "I appreciate the offer, and the apology, but I'm afraid I simply can't trust strangers like you - especially if you're allied with that offensive boor. I have my own arrangements." He picks up a shoulder bag and tries to get past Uliaza. "Excuse me, I must go now."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She sighs and offers a small nod, stepping to the side and gesturing to the door. "It's a shame Count, but I'm not here to encroach upon your power. I merely seek what's best for the town. I hope your plans go well."

Waiting until a little bit after he's left, she quickly fades from view and hurries to catch up with him. She's gonna figure out what he's up to, hopefully it's just plans to run away before things truly get down and dirty in the town...

Hellcat Stealth: 1d20 + 41 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 41 - 10 = 45

451 to 500 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.