A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


301 to 350 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Rocks Fall; You Die!

Maika, Rirsa, Calxakti, Uliaza, Carrie,

Five of our heroes head out of the Bank of Abadar into the city streets, heading for the count's manor. Just as before, the streets are deserted (by order of the leadership, of course). The four bloodless who were seen patrolling outside of the Bank are now gone, and the group doesn't run into any more on the way to the count's presumed home.

When the five arrive, they find the same two guards at the gate as there were the last time they visited, which was just about half an hour ago. "You again," says one. "What do you want this time?"

Alithea, Adol,

The pair start to search and prepare the corpses respectfully. Working in the dark, the pair un-pile corpses and look around for evidence and clues.

Is there anything specific that you're looking for?

If you're looking for hidden objects or things, make a Perception check.

If you're investigating the corpses for evidence about them, make a Heal check.

If you're looking for what happened here, make a Survival check.

The five civilians are still in a stupor. I need a strategy for getting them out of the stupor.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Alithea will start by looking at the addled villagers. Now that the combat has died, she can see if they are afflicted by magic. Figuring how to undo that would be her specialty. More traditional afflictions might prove difficult.

"I'll start by checking out the villagers, Adol. Let me know what else you can learn about what else has happened here." She moves to the nearest villager and checks for any magic on them.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Do you have a Captain of the Guard or someone whom otherwise handles and dispenses bounties? I've already grown bored of the inn and desire to aid your guard in the apprehension of dangerous individuals. I mean no offense; but could you not use my group's assistance?

I myself have fought many creatures; Dragons included. I could regale you with a tale or two- like this one- Rirsa takes a deep breath before continuing perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29 So there I was; in a forested arena created by gods on a Continent far from my home. The excited screaming of the crowd grew to a sudden silence as from the trees sprang forth a red skinned dragon; as big as a house! My companions charged the beast and were easily deterred by his fierce roar and sharp maw. So I stepped forward; this very Estoc in hand. She points toward the blade on her back. His fiery breath blasted me; though I had protection greater than any armor- I could feel the intense heat bake the very earth around me. I stepped forward and struck him with magic that tore his strength away. His charging laughter turned to confusion as maw snapped down; only to stop with mere inches from my skin. Try as he might the great beast could not finish his bite. I channeled arcane power into my blade and struck him three times; his confused look quickly turned to one of fury and agony; he attacked me relentlessly with his wing; claws and tail to little avail; His bite struck true this time; though it barely hurt. I retaliated with my blade into the roof of his mouth; and he fell over dead; shaking the arena- the crowed cheered- their rancour could be heard leagues away.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol looks up and nods once. "I will, but in a moment. I need to finish this first."

Adol briefly checks the immediate area for any weapon looking like it might belong to a barbarian. If none is found, he looks for any other weapon. If neither can be found, he takes his own dagger and places it in the Akitonian's hand.

"Rest well, brave son of Arl. We will continue your work here. And when it is finished, I will return to take you back home. I know that you would be welcome in the halls of Estivas, however they may be, and that you will be there to welcome us as kin when it is our time to follow you. She vigilatche, kisha onmura."

Akitonian Common:

"In vigilance, we sacrifice."

He rises, unfolding his hands. "I don't know what he has done in life, or even his name. But... the tattoos tell me enough. He was Arabuk clan, among the first to accept our new faith after the tyrant Hestram was removed. He didn't have to join me, or choose to endager himself for a chance at a safer world. But he did, and we are now poorer for his loss. Were these other people also killed for daring to speak against this undead child killer, I wonder?"

His grip around his sword tightens. "I hope we'll meet him again," he mutters, then relaxes slightly. "...but for now, we should indeed see if the dead can still tell us something. I'll leave the villagers to you and your expertise, for now. I am not a doctor, but maybe I can piece something together of what happened to the dead - I have been in a lot of fights. I also have a lot of experience in staking out rooms for hidden objects. If all that fails, perhaps the bank records can tell us something. Abadarans are supposedly a meticulous group, and surely they would have noted down something unusual from the past few weeks. I'm also curious if very old records exists of the time of when this village, or the church, was founded. Maybe they make mention of something that could explain the interest of this dragon and the necromancer in this seemingly unremarkable town."

With that, he lights a lantern from his backback and first starts studying the hallway for any clues on what happened. Afterwards, he carefully yet respectfully searches the bodies of th Abadarans and continues by scouring the area for hidden rooms, deposits and the like, kocking on walls and the floor, and other objects that could conceivably store something in them, to listen for hollowness. He also looks for irregularities in object size compared to the rest of the surroundings or anything else visually suspicious. He spends some extra care near the altar, since the undead was apparently using it as an operating table of sorts. Finally, if any are present, he starts going over records of the last 2 or so weeks, for anything relating to resurgance of the dragon and the advisor showing up. Lastly, he looks at the oldest possible records for anything unusual concerning the founding of this town/church and what it could have that attracts such powerful evil entities.

survival, good hope: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

perception, good hope, take 20 if possible, if not:: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

heal, when checking the dead, brief inspection untrained, good hope: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Slipping away from the group on the way there, she reapplies her Fly spell and follows after at a controlled pace. Once she sees the guard distracted, she darts up and above the wall, glancing around to look for the nearest unguarded door into the keep.

Hellcat Stealth: 1d20 + 41 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 41 - 10 = 38


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Alithea, Adol,

Alithea scans the commoners with arcane sight and finds no active magical auras on them - not even lingering ones. This isn't terribly uncommon, though, as it would take a power much greater than you saw performed to leave an aura lingering for any longer than just a few seconds. Whatever's wrong with them, it's no enchantment.

Each person seems listless and guileless, sitting and mostly drooling with their hands in their laps. Attempts to get their attention result in an unfocused glazed-over look passing over you for just a moment.

Meanwhile, Adol begins to search the temple for clues. There are no secret doors, compartments, false flooring, or otherwise hidden areas in the hall. Untrained as a medical professional, Adol's brisk observation is unable to tell anything consequential about the status of the dead.

When Adol heads to the front office to check the bank's records, he finds them - they're labeled and everything - but they're kept under lock and key inside of a safe.

One thing that Adol does manage to divine for certain is that in the last few days there was a battle. Fairly conversant in divine magic himself, he finds signs that a battle was fought inside the temple that involved its use. He finds gouges on pillars from scythes that struck them. He finds blood spatter inconsistent with the stains made from the blood sacrifices held at the altar that must have been made by some sort of wound. He surmises that the Abadaran clerics fell in battle against the undead and his servants.

Uliaza, Rirsa, Maika, Calxakti, Carrie,

The guardsman raises a wry eyebrow as Rirsa launches unbidden into a story about herself heroically slaying a dragon. When she is about halfway through, the guard fiddles in his pockets and mutters to the other guard who also fiddles in his pockets. By the time she is finished, the pair have come up with a decent handful of change, which the guard hands over to Rirsa. "There," he says. "Well-told story, bard. Now shove off."

The guard hands Rirsa eleven silver pieces and eight copper pieces.

Meanwhile, Uliaza is simply too good to be noticed by the likes of commoners and guardsmen. She slips over the wall and into the grounds, and finds a door which she can unlock with ease that leads into the manor house.

What exactly are you looking for?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She slips along the ceiling to avoid running into anyone, trying to figure out where in the world the high ranking offices are. Guard captain, Count himself, Eldran maybe, as well as keep a general eye out for any potential things that seem... suspicious. She'll also stop to check out any magical signatures she detects with her constant detect magic.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti launches into a strange and erratic tirade, "Friend, have you heard the story of Ulbullantiarman? He was a lord of an ancient realm, long, long ago. He ruled fairly and wisely, and was beloved by his people. But one day, a stranger came to his court, bringing with him the Seven Flies of Zkyrr, and with it, ruin to the realm. It was this omen that brought the end of Ulbullantiarman's realm..."

The story continues, Calxakti trying to create as good a distraction as he can for Ulliaza.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

While Calxakti continues to distract the guards, Uliaza sneaks around the manor house, looking out for things. It really doesn't seem like anything untoward has been happening here. It's not a barracks (which means no guard housing) and the Count isn't here, which means the house is only inhabited by two personal guards, a young child of ten and the count's wife, a beautiful woman far too young for him. Nobody in the house has any magical items and there are no undead.

Nobody in the house is anywhere close to able to find Uliaza, her skills are so great, so she is able to wander freely to discover all of this.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Surprised by the lack of an aura, she assumes some more powerful magic is at work, one that permanently alters the target. Curious about what has happened both to these people and the bank, Alithea pulls out her book to find the right spell, and then begins to study the room anew, looking for information even greater than her Arcane Sight would allow, hoping a look into the past will allow her to piece something new about the situation together. Searching not only the afflicted, but walking the halls of the bank.

Alithea expends 2 points from her Arcane pool (4/10 remaining). She exchanges Raven's Flight in order to prepare Greater Detect Magic. She then casts the spell, using Potent Magic to increase her effective caster level to 16. She can see any magical auras lingering for a period of 1 day / CL.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika listened with polite appreciation as Calxakti launched into his stories. Every now and then, her expression grew slightly distant and she tapped something on her arms, seemingly content to see how things played out for now.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol stares at the safe in front of him. "I guess all the useful information is in here... nothing else I can gather other than that these clerics probably died fighting the undead a few days ago. Unless you happen to have a spell that can open this safe, lady Alithea, or perhaps one that detects metal just in case one of the clerics swallowed the key when the fighting broke out, we need to get someone else to open this for us. If I had to hazard a guess, Ulliaza is probably our best bet. Though, just in case I missed it the first time, I'll go over the bodies and the room again to search for a key."

perception, searching for a key to the safe, take 20 if possible, if not: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Adol sets out to search the bodies and the room again to find where the Abadarans might have hidden the key. He workds under the assumption that they'd had to have hidden it quickly either before or during the fighting that got them all killed.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Because it's a safe, it's opened by a combination. That means there is no key.

Alithea's gambit works to detect magic wrought upon the villagers...

Spellcraft (DC 25):
Some days ago, all of the villagers were struck dumb with a casting of feeblemind.

Spellcraft (DC 17):
Slightly older than the casting above, they were all ensorcelled by charm person.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza sneaks her way back outside and flies back out of the manor, groaning to herself and shaking her head. Landing herself down beside Rirsa, still hiding from sight, she leans in to whisper to her ear. "I couldn't find anything inside, there must be a different place that has everything."


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

I figured it was Feeblemind, but Alithea would check for certain, even with her knowledge of spells. I investigated the Clerics in town earlier. I presume neither was strong enough to cast heal? Alithea doesn't know that Calxakti's focused on negative energy. She knows Maika can produce the effects if need be at a cost.

Alithea breaks her concentration once she has scanned the room as Adol speaks to her. "The safe can always be disintegrated, but it likely only contains records of the bank, and nothing of the rituals here. That said, these poor villagers have had their minds taken. I don't have such powerful healing at my disposal, at least, not without some expensive materials. I can always return to Absalom to retrieve what we need. In the meantime, the villagers are at least in no immediate danger. Hopefully the other group has learned more in the meantime."

She points to the feebleminded villagers and adds "We best take them and join the other group in finding the mayor. We need to get them to someone who can care for them until we remove their afflictions. The mayor might have some idea of what tributes were collected."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The highest-level available spellcasting in Dalaston is 3rd-level, so yeah, no heal available. Not to mention the Abadarans were the lion's share of town clerics, and they're all dead.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa nods and yawns; and gently taps Calxakti's shoulder I think I am too tired to keep standing still; Calxakti- we should probably let them get back to work. And the rest of you still need to check in. She gets ready turn around and walk away.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"I suppose that is the only option at the moment," he replies, clearly unhappy. "I don't have such magic either, and while I could summon an ally that does, he, she or it probably wouldn't have enough power to help all of them. It would still take days, and Estivas only knows if we have that time before the town is attacked again. For the record, I do have a few contacts back in Absalom who could also probably do this; some high-ranking pathfinders or my sister, if we can find her sober. Or Koria, back on Akiton, though that would require passing a deathtrap that is beyond an average villager..."

He stands up after remembering that a safe isn't a locker and thus has no key, briefly facepalms himself and turns towards the door. "Well, none of that will aid these people right now. We should probably follow up on your plan of taking them to the mayor and see what the others achieved in the meantime."

With that, he pulls out a rope, and gently starts to bind the middles of the addled villiagers together. "If they cannot think for themselves, we should probably steer them in the right direction. It probably looks strange from the outside, but it is the best I can think of until we get these people back to their families. Do you see a flaw with this, lady Alithea?"

Unless Alithea objects, he starts to bind their middles together with a length of rope to keep them together, then gently leads all the addled villagers to the mayor's residence.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

After a short period investigating, the group reconvenes in the town square near the count's residence, roped-together mindless villagers in tow.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza claps her hands and looks at the party. "So, the news! There was absolutely nothing in the Mayor's Manor! Nothing of note anyway, just a normal house. Still have no clue where the mayor's gone off to, probably somewhere dark and secret."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol frowns. "There was nothing inside? No one to talk to either?"

He looks down. " If that's true, then we may be in trouble. Our search didn't provide much in the way of information. The only thing we could still check out are the church records, and those are in a safe neither Alithea or myself could open short of blasting it with dis... well, that spell. And that would probably risk damaging whatever was inside."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa thinks for a moment and then asks: Calxakti; is there any chance that an animated object might know the combination to it's contents?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She gives Adol and Rirsa a blank look for a few moments before gesturing to herself. "You've got the sneakiest person in probably a hundred miles, did you two really not think to ask yourselves 'hm, I wonder if she knows how to handle a combination safe.'? Did you really not think of that?"


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika coughed slightly. "Ahem. As a person who works with Abadar, I can't condone breaking into any of his property, and am in fact obligated to protect it to the best of my considerable ability when aware of a threat. However, I can Plane Shift to the main bank in Abadar and bring back someone qualified to open it and see if the contents are relevant."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Looking over at Maika and quirking an eyebrow, she motioned with a hand. "...I mean, if you can find someone who can actually open it, sure. If they can't open it themselves, I'd be perfectly willing to be on hire as a locksmith." She gives a cheeky grin and nods at Maika.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Wait; if a safe were to be a construct- would it have rights to the contents of its safe? Rirsa shakes they errant thought out of her head- If you think you can get someone qualified to open the aafe- I'm okay with that.

And I didn't want to assume your skills; Lady Ulliazza. I will not hesitate to ask such in the future then.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

"Good. I have multiple skills of the espionage variety, and I would rather like to get to use them once in a while. For example, I bet I could pull off a disguise as that mayor."


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Hmm, I do not belive the objects I bring to life are tremendously intelligent. It may, however, be able to open itself."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I am operating under the assumption that Ulliazza hadn't spoken yet when I reply to Calxakti

Ah; so all we really need is permission to investigate... No one else needs to be put at risk. Rirsa crosses her asrms and leans slightly to the left.. But how do we deal with these people; they seem completely addled...do we find their families?


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I suspect the mayor would know who's been gathered as their 'tributes'. Perhaps he'd be useful? I believe our best bet is to simply drop them off at the temple of Sarenrae. They are likely to at least help keep the addled villagers alive until a more permanent solution can be found, perhaps they'll even recognize some of the villagers and know their next of kin. Once we no longer have the villagers in tow, we can resume our search." Alithea offers to the group, seeking to resolve their most immediate problem.

Then turning to Maika's concerns, "If someone could check the bank's documents that would be fine by me. I don't have any particular reason to believe the safe contains anything but the bank's documents."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Saint Ulliaza wrote:
She gives Adol and Rirsa a blank look for a few moments before gesturing to herself. "You've got the sneakiest person in probably a hundred miles, did you two really not think to ask yourselves 'hm, I wonder if she knows how to handle a combination safe.'? Did you really not think of that?"

"Actually, I did think of you immediately, as lady Alithea can attest, but part of me feels... burdened to ask someone to technically commit a crime, even if it might be the only lead. And... well... I know I can trust myself not to take anything not necessary for this investigation out of that safe, but how sure can I be the same goes for others? I know you are titled a Saint, but you seem a bit... drastically different from what I might have expected, in many ways."

He awkwardly scratches his head just as Maika objects. "If you can arrange something like that, I would prefer such an outcome," he comments to her. "It would be better for everyone if we could get permission from their church to perform the search first, if that is possible in a reasonable amount of time."

When the fate of the villagers is discussed, Adol walks back to gently but firmly take the rope out of one of their mouths, stopping the feebleminded commoner from attempting to eat it and ignoring the illegible cries of protest as he does. "If the mayor isn't home and his entire mansion is equally empty, that option is no longer valid. However, I believe the temples are a very good alternative suggestion, Lady Alithea. Perhaps now that some of the bloodless are destroyed and their leader is presumably on the run, the clerics we saw earlier can tell us more. I'd temporatily forgotten about them amidst the horrors of the bank."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

"Oh no, his manor isn't empty. It just doesn't have anything of actual note in it. His family's there, and some guards, but nothing of importance to us. No offices, no record keeping, no secret doors, nothing."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

So he's not hiding anything there; if he's hiding anything at all- which I now doubt. We need to find that revenant or his cause... maybe we can ask around the town for information on the matter? Rirsa suggests to the group and shrugs. Otherwise we could attempt to track the Count down; but I wouldn't even know which direction to begin...
Rirsa looks around to scan the surrounding horizon for it's features.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

At Rirsa's sugestion, Adol rests his chin on his hand, thinking deeply. Then he looks down at his gauntlet, searching for traces of the sand the undead dissolved into, while he was grappled by him. "Well, there are probably a few remnants of the undead on this gauntlet, if some type of magic spell would be able to use the remaining sand bits to trace him... I recall someone asking for dragon scales to search for the dragon? Can the same be used with this sand to track the undead?"

perception, take 20, search for sand bits Adol identitifies as the type of sand the undead morphed into. If take 20 is not possible:: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Knowledge Arcana, recall a spell able to track a person/monster using remants of that being: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The undead did not dissolve into sand. He melded with the stone.

Where will you look for dragon scales?

You can use scrying to look upon a creature that you target, and the more you know about the target, the easier it is to successfully scry upon them.

From Dalaston, the east and south are mountains, and to the north and west is plains and then forest. Carrie leans over to Rirsa again and asks her, "Ĉu iu demandis iun, kie la grafo estas?"

Rirsa:
"Did anyone ask someone where the count is?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa thinks back to the conversation with the guards; Mi pensas, ke la sola persono, kiu scias, estis la mortinto, kiun ni batalis; kvankam la Kapitano de ilia gardisto povus scii - ĉu eĉ estas unu.

Rirsa looks at Ulliazza and smiles; How good are you at finding information?There's bound to be someone who knows where the Count went.

Chevaineyan:
I think the only person that knows was the undead man we fought; although the Captain of their guard might know- if there even is one.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol blinks incredulously. " Forgive me, but it did occur to you all to ask either the guards or his family about where he was, if he wasn't at home, right...? Surely it occured to you that the mere mention of the slaughterhouse this undead made of their church along with that we drove him off now, should get the guards to cooperate?"

We don't have any scales and probably won't find any unless the dragon was somehow injured in a previous attack. I only mentioned this since it came up in earlier discussions aws a possible way to track the dragon. I apologize about the sand, I had a mental image that if he melted through the floor, as in his body suddenly changing in a way to accomodate this while he was grappled, that something of him would logically stay behind in Adol's hands.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I assume the guards wouldn't know themselves; they seem to keep themselves out of the loop. it wouldn't be likely or make any sense to tell lowly guards where he is going to be at. Rirsa starts to trail off in thought...


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"If the guards are in charge of the safety of important public figures such as he, surely they would make it a point to know where he went and when he was expected back? At the very least they'd know where to look if he failed to come back in a timely manner. Allow me to try getting this information out of them, at least."

Taking the feebleminded villagers with him, Adol starts walking towards the mansion and the guards.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She opens her mouth to speak, only to shut it as Adol comments and starts walking off. She looks over at Rirsa and shrugs, waving a hand after him. "Apparently Pally-Boy's got it covered. If not, I can get the info myself. Trust me, I can be pretty persuasive at times."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa stops in front of Adol. Spare them the indignity of being seen like this at least; First. She pleads with him.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Something softens in his feautures as Rirsa stops Adol. "I... understand the sentimemt, but i still believe it is important that the guards see this. If they are being deliberately unhelpful, they are essentially aiding the undead and consequently allowing this to befall upon their fellow villagers and themselves too. They should be aware of the consequences of not telling us everything for those around them. The same is true for the mayor's family. We can send these poor villagers to the temple afterwards."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

She looks at Adol for a moment and then sighs; Go ahead; but I'll be heading back to the inn; we may need rooms if this doesn't work; how many rooms should I get?


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol leads the tied-up men and women over to the guardsmen standing in front of the count's manor. As soon as they see Adol, the two men draw their swords. "Hey!" shouts one, "You better release those people right now, you hear?"


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Still waiting on a GM response in the Discussion thread, since that will almost definitely impact how I can do things. o wo/

As the guards moved over, Maika stepped forward slightly. "Please wait - these people are in no danger." she called out, not wanting to let an incident be provoked if she could help avoid it. After all, she did want to safeguard her contractors. "May I suggest you listen to what my companions have to say before you reach any conclusions?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Indeed, Muuzrildan the Bound was made stronger by his chains. We bring them without any malice in our hearts."

Auto aid diplomacy.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

just to confirm; I actually did head to the inn to secure rooms for us


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"You're getting ahead of yourself again, young one. In several ways. It would be incredibly foolish for every guard to know where the mayor is if they're not part of his personal detail. Further, the guards know nothing of what's been done at the Bank so far. Even if we show them now, someone will need to know enough about decomposition to determine there was death in there before we went in there, locked as it was. It also won't help our case that you turned one of their guards, undead though she was, into paste right in front of their eyes."

"You seem to believe these guards should naturally follow you, or your orders. We are strangers, powerful strangers at that, and so far we've caused a scene during a town gathering, smeared several of their guards, again acknowledging that they were undead, and broken into their church and bank. We also attacked the mayor's chief aide, but I imagine that's probably not too well known at this point. I'm unsure how you've been doing things on Akiton, but people damn well should be suspicious of or even concerned about us. We need to inspire confidence that we can actually solve the problems these villagers are facing. As far as I can tell they think that at best we're a bunch of dangerous foreigners running around their town, and at worst actively destroying their guards, and possibly loved ones." Alithea takes a deep breath, having become notably agitated as she went on. Focusing on her breath the Garundi woman relaxed and composed herself.

"Let's drop off the enfeebled villagers first and go from there." Alithea said in time to hear the guards coming. She stays quiet for now, honesty is often not the easiest way to win others over.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The guards hesitate at Maika's words, waiting for somebody to give some sort of explanation as to why these strangers have five tied-up and feebleminded villagers with them.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza lets out a little groan and pinches the bridge of her nose between her fingers before stepping forward herself, and waving a hand towards the gathered villagers. "The only reason they're bound is because they're about as mentally capable as a really stupid dog at the moment. We're a bunch of adventurers who decided to handle the little issue you all had going on in your Temple of Abadar, and well... these are the survivor's. They need some fairly high level magics to come back from this. We were wondering if you knew where we could find the count, or maybe if you knew these people's families?"

301 to 350 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.