A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


101 to 150 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"If Ulliaza wishes to perform some intelligence gathering on the Mayor, I think we should talk to him after she is done. I'm curious to see what is up with these undead guards, but first..." Alithea makes her way over to the clerics still tending to the wounded.

As she walks over, she will inspect the clerics before interrupting. "Pardon me for interrupting, but you both seem like you'd know most of the people in this town. Do you know of any other noteworthy mages in the city?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

(While you're sure that Adol loses track of her, momentarily caught off-guard, the moment Ulliaza is about to poke him, he whirles around faster than you might have thought possible and takes the poke directly to the chest, rather than side, his hand going for his Falcata as he does. When Ulliaza reappers, he relaxes.)

Adol blushes. "O-Oh, apologies, old habits die hard," he says sheepishly. "Um, If you insist, I will tell you more about it." He eyes the small girl and other children nearby. "It is... probably not a story for present company. Though in return, if I do, I would ask you more of the darklands and how you led your people against... well... everything in return. I always found the rumors about them greatly inspiring. If you chose to go alone, then be safe, my lady."

He then adresses the others. "Are we then in agreement? The five of us will go to the castle, while Lady Ulliaza scouts out the... er... tavern of midnight acrobatics?"

I am slightly confused. Where did this castle come in to it? I can't immediately find it being mentioned before Rirsa posted about it?


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The people disperse as the seven heroes stop addressing them, and the two clerics look up as Alithea addresses them. The pair (one, a beautiful blonde woman in her mid-20s, carrying the rosary and sunburst symbol of Sarenrae, wearing a doctor's lab coat and the other, an older and balding man carrying the symbol of Shelyn, wearing a paint-flecked frock and woolen pants) furtively look at each other, nervous glances obvious. Then the older man looks back at Alithea and says. "I'm sorry, but I think we're too busy to talk right now. I really must make it back to the temple."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika considered Adol's responses for a few moments, shrugging. People bought a lot of magic to pursue specific fetishes, and she'd stopped caring too much about the topic a long time ago. Of course, that didn't mean other people couldn't care or were wrong to hold whatever views they had - just that something would have to be pretty wild indeed to make her so much as blink when hearing about it. "Don't forget to submit Rapid Resupply Form A2 if you start running low on components for curatives." she told the priests as she began heading towards the castle with the others. Priests sometimes forgot about that, but the trade agreements for churches existed for a reason, especially in bigger cities that might see dozens of adventuring bands pass through a church each day. Miracles were very lucrative for churches - who, to be fair, often spent a lot of that money promoting the objectives of their faith - but it did take a rather robust system to keep restoratives in stock.

"So, has anyone been to this castle before?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Alithea tries to determine if the clerics are avoiding her or simply too busy. If they are not avoiding her, she'd be interested in checking out this undead guard everyone spoke of.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

As the crowd is starting to leave, Adol makes one final inquiery, either to those who stop to listen and/or the two priests who linger. "Wait, good people of Dalastan! Ere I forget, I was originally here to find someone. His name is-" he blinks. "...Oh, I did not stop to ask for his name. Nor his description..."

He shrugs. "Though I imagine he would be hard to miss, with red skin and whereabouts yay tall," the swordsman says, indicating a size at least a full head taller then himself. "Mayhap he inquired about a good pair of barrels to use on the way here? His family is worried about him and asked me to take him back to his home planet. Supposedly, he was researching some ancient evil artefact that surfaced nearby, likely also vowing to protect you in the name of Estivas."

Finally, he turns to his fellow male adventurer. "Wait, do you perhaps know something about this, sir Calxakti? Has there ever been a prophey of a lone Akitonean arriving in a small Taldan village, in a struggle with some great evil?"


Rocks Fall; You Die!

At the mention of the red-skinned Akitonian, many of the people turn and go even faster, and the clerics exchange one more glance before fleeing from Alithea and the others. They seem almost embarrassed, but also quite afraid. Only a dozen or so people, enchanted by Rirsa and Adol, stay behind long enough to wave goodbye with a furtive smile and another "thank you".

So, Maika is going to the castle, Alithea is going to the gates, and Uliaza is going to The Blind Eye. If you are going with any of these people, please say so now.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa is going to the castle as well; her Noble title means little here; but her etiquette will serve her well.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

After observing the castle for a moment, Adol turns to Rirsa. "We should probably divide ourselves between our more ... 'fragile' allies, my lady. If you are set on the castle, I will accompany lady Alithea during her investigation. I also have half a mind to visit these temples on our journey, to see if anything worthwhile can be learned there. Also... I recommend caution. In my experience, well-defensible structures like these are where evil often lurks, and traps are easily set. If there is a sign of trouble, please do not take unneccesary risks. We can always enter it with all seven of us later. Shall we reconvene here in... let's say, at most an hour to share our findings?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

That is sensible; yes. I agree to it; as long as the others see no problem with this plan. Rirsa looks upon the other five; with an expectant look on her face.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She shrugs, Adol going with Alithea not really any of her business. Her eyes follow the clerics as they leave, a small hum coming from her throat as she rubs her chin. "I'll place a bet of ten gold that there's something far more sinister going on under the surface than just a dragon attack... Scratch that, make it twenty gold! Gotta go big or go home."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol's eyes travelled wistfully to his severely underequipped money pouch. "I would take you up on that offer, considering I have received visions of things like a forge, a river of souls and that evil artefact I mentioned previously. So far, Koria has been fairly accurate in her tidings. Alas, today I cannot afford to lose such a bet," he said, grinning. "So what say you, lady Ulliaza? I thought you wanted to go this one alone, or did I misunderstand? I am also content with escorting you to this... establishment, assuming our good prophet is willing to accompany dame Alithea in my stead."

Going to sleep, afk for a while. If Ulliaza answers she would like an escort (no pun intended) and Calxacti is willing to go with Allithea, Adol goes with Ullizia instead, otherwise he sticks with Allithea to split the teams more evenly.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti, having been lost in thought until Adol mentioned him, shakes his head and says rather indignantly, ”Gah, don’t startle me like that! I’ve not the foggiest clue about such a prophecy.”

With the discussion of where to go he says, ”I’ll go along with Adol. Make sure he doesn’t end up in more trouble than he can get out of.”


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

"I haven't changed my mind in the last five minutes Pally-Boy. I'm going to the Blind Eye alone, don't want you making any of the escorts uncomfortable." She offers a wry grin and laughs, shaking her head. "Where do we all want to meet up after we're done?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

There is an abandoned inn on the outskirts of town; we could meet there and the track down the owner afterwards. She nods emphatically once more. That way we don't have to worry about collateral damage; besides the inn itself of course. Or we could just meet up right here. she shrugs I suppose it doesn't matter either way though... So it's really up to you guys.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I don't thinking finding any of us in this town will prove difficult," Alithea commented. "Here seems as good a place as any to reconvene."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika nodded slightly. "I have no objections." But then, she rarely did, so that wasn't much of a surprise. Things seemed to be more-or-less settled, though, so it wasn't long before she started to move on. The sooner they all got started, the better.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nodded. "It is decided, then. Sir Calxakti and I will escort dame Alithea to the gates, and visit the local temples afterwards. Lady Riza and Maika will investigate the castle, and Lady Ulliaza will visit this ... 'madam' Black."

As he turns away, a wisp of faint light forms a wider curve of the same motion from the back of his armor. "We will reconvene here in an hour at the latest. Good luck, and be careful, my allies."

With that, he sets off for the front gate.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Calxakti, Alithea, Adol,

This trio of people heads back to the gates, where five people are waiting. Four guards (split dwarven and human, wearing chainmail and carrying clubs and shields) stand near the gate, in addition to an uncommonly eerie young lady. This young lady has pale skin, a vacant look on her face, and she carries a scythe casually with one hand. She taps its blade on the ground, point-first. She must be around... fourteen years old.

As the trio approaches, she turns towards them. "Egress is not permitted," she says. "Stop. Go home."

Uliaza,

Uliaza heads to The Blind Eye, the town brothel for Dalaston. When she arrives (the building is a stout, well-built former hotel, wooden but spared the dragon's breath by virtue of its southern position) she finds it... quite busy. To the point that the waiting room (staffed by one of the escorts and containing couches and decanters of water) has several men sitting, waiting for a room further into the room. The madam of the brothel, Lady Black, pokes her head around a corner. "It'll be at least an hour before a room's free, young..." she pauses as she sees Uliaza's black skin and narrows her eyes, but masters her feelings and finishes, "...lady."

I'll post for the others tomorrow morning, but I am just out of energy. Sorry!


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

When the undead girl speaks, Adol halts his pace. "We have no wish to leave, young maiden. We simply wished to talk to you, if you could spare the time."

He then scratches his chin, frowing. "Wait... I believe I heard some of the villagers speak about the count demanding pure maiden sacrifices. Do you think that girl was one of them?" he mutters to his companions. "And if so, could a vile transformation like this be undone...?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (8) + 26 = 34

Alithea inspects the girl to see what kind of magic and aura she possesses. The scythe is concerning to her in the hands of an undead, for it is Urgothoa's weapon.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

Concerned by the likelihood of a connection to Urgathoa, Alithea looks the girl over to see if she notes a holy symbol of The Pallid Princess.

Neither Arcane nor Aura Sight requires concentration at all, though studying someone with a Standard Action will let me determine if they have spellcasting abilities. Can you let me know this information if something stands out or I am speaking to someone?

Alithea whispers to Adol "That's a reasonable hypothesis, but it seems unlikely the dragon is not harming the tributes enough that they may be made undead. As for undoing it, undeath damages the soul, that is why it is considered an Evil act, regardless of how you do it. It takes powerful magic to revive someone undead, and a type I do not know. Maika is likely able to do it, but at a steep cost. The subject of the spell must wish to be revived though, and I do not have reason to believe that is the case here."

If I see a symbol of Urgathoa, I will use more certain wording in the last sentence.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Hm... I see. But I believe the mayor never explicitely said what this... 'tribute'" - he grimaces, yet mutters it aloud - "was meant for. It could be not used as tribute for the dragon, but rather as payment for whoever is offering this 'protection' to the town. And that person could then do these things unhindered, under the guise of using his work to protect the villagers."

He glances over to the guards behind and aside of the undead, to see if they have any reaction to this.

perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Hmmmm, this is mildly concerning. It is quite possible that the sacrifices are being made into undead."

He turns to the girl and says, "Why is this so? Is egress anathema to your purpose?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

A small smile comes over her face and she raises her hands in a passive gesture. "I'm afraid I do not have the time to try your lovely establishment, Lady Black. Rather, I am here on business. I represent several powerful and influential figures who have an interest in both Dalaston and your business. If I could have a moment of your time, I would not leave you disappointed."

Best way to lie is to not lie at all, simply take the truth and bend it the way they want to hear it.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Maika, Rirsa, Cassie,

This trio heads to the castle at the center of town. It is guarded by human and dwarven guards, who stand at the gates to its own personal walls. Other than the walls, which are tall and stout and strong, the building is actually not as impressive as all that. It's a lot more accurate to describe it as a lavish manor household than an actual castle, considering that it is built of wood.

As Maika, who is leading the way, approaches, a pair of guards hold up their hands to halt her. One looks nervously at her strange limbs, but gulps and manages, "Halt, miss. This is a private residence."

Alithea, Adol, Calxakti,

The young girl doesn't seem to have a symbol of Urgathoa on her person, as far as Alithea can see... She has a strong aura of evil, though. No magic is active on her person, though Alithea can tell this undead creature is capable of fifth-circle arcane magic.

The guardsmen and undead maiden largely ignore (or on the part of the guardsmen - try to ignore) the group as they brazenly stand there and debate the nature of the maiden's creation in front of everyone.

"Anathema?" she says. "No. It is simply forbidden."

"I do not have anything to say to you. Please return to your homes."

Uliaza,

The madam's face lights up (though so subtly that most normal people wouldn't notice) when Uliaza hints at some kind of business proposition. "Oh? Come here, step into the office."

The Lady Black leads Uliaza past the front room, into a small office on the bottom floor. The office has an oil lamp (which she lights), a desk, a bookshelf, some filing cabinets... overall a normal place. She sits down, and she prompts Uliaza to sit as well. "So, what is it that you wish to speak about?"


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Following her into the back room, she nods in appreciation at the simplicity of the place. Reaching up to her cloak, she unfastens it and takes it off, hanging it off the back of the chair. Using a free hand to fix her hair a bit, she sits down and offers a hand.

"I am Uliaza, by the way. As for what I wish to speak about... To put it bluntly,t he individuals I work alongside and represent have a vested interest in this town's well being. We're actively investigating the recent happenings, dragon attacks and undead cordoning everything off is bad for business. As one of the town's major businesses, it is only polite that I offer you a chance to be involved at the ground level of this operation. A little assistance from you can go a long way, and prove very beneficial in the long run, for both you and the town as a whole."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Forbidden? By who? Who is your master?" Adol asks. "And for that matter, who are you? Do you have a name?"


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol, Alithea, Calxakti,

"I told you," says the maiden. "I have nothing to say to you. Now return to your home. I won't warn you again."

Uliaza,

Intrigued (and a little bit nervous), the madam leans forward onto her desk. "Okay. I'm listening," she says. She narrows her eyes. "What exactly do you need from me, and what are you willing to pay for it?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"I see," Adol replies. "I suppose that is best."

He turns to leave. "I suggest we visit the temples instead. Perhaps they can tell us more. Personally, I believe we should avoid confrontation until we have reconvened with the others," he whispers to Alithea and Calxakti, while his back is turned to the undead. "Though I am open to other opinions," he softly adds, beginning to pace away from the gate. As he does, you see his hand move ever so subtly closer to his falcata.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Copying the movement to also lean onto her desk, she props her elbows on it. A small wry grin grows on her face as she makes a 'so-so' motion with a hand before speaking, keeping her voice low. "Primarily, we require information. It is obvious the town is afraid of more than just the dragon, and to remedy the situation, we need to know more. Lots of people come through your door to bed your escorts, and a fair few of them are important from what I have been told. Any and all information relevant to the situation is important."

Leaning back slightly, she steeples her hands together and brings them to her mouth. "As for your payment... I can assure you, that you would get the sponsorship of the individuals I represent, as well as the indirect benefit of the town's economy growing once the threat is removed. For a more direct reward... Have you ever thought about hiring more... exotic escorts to entertain your guests?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Not overly interested in indulging the undead girl's dismissive attitude, Alithea retorted "Excellent idea, my home's not within these walls, though." She then points to Calaxti, "He's quite a bit further out still, honestly, quite a journey from the sounds of it."

Knowledge Geography?: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (19) + 26 = 45

She then points to Adol, "Him? He's... well, his home is literally out of this world. Kind of oveeeerrr there-ish." Alithea said pointing to a spot in the sky that seemed about as much daytime as any other, though she believed would be Akiton's location per star charts she'd studied.

I have to assume a 45 would be enough to have a decent idea of where Akiton would be in the sky. If not, you can just ignore the pointing bit, but the rest of the comment applies.

"Tough spot you're putting us in with these contradictory orders."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol smiled at this ploy and halted, slowly walking back towards the gate and re-facing the guards. He awaited the undead girl's reaction, mentally preparing to intercept her at a moment's notice. He figured there was a good chance this would go wrong, considering the undead seemed decently intelligent and had just given them a final warning.

Adol readies a move action to move in front of Alithea and draw his weapon as part of this move should the undead girl either move forward or make any other obvious hostile action.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa looks around as she walks towards the Manor House; it wasn't much of one; the outside was made of wood. But she gained the distance between it and the wall all the same...

When they finally reach the wall and are stopped by the guards.

I apologize; but we were hoping to meet the count. She pauses for a moment to consider her words. Would you turn is away without at least hearing our offer? she calmly looks at one of the guards directly in his eyes. Or does your lord actually prefer your dragon problem to go unresolved?

Perform(Oratory)as Diplomacy: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika was quiet for the moment, watching to see how Rirsa handled things with the guards. She suspected the other wasn't going to find it very hard to talk her way inside... which was for the best, really. It was usually better to follow the proper procedure when trying to get something done. "I don't believe we'll be disturbing him for more than a few minutes." she added.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti groans and says, ”Depending on how this turns out, I may have failed at my goal to keep Adol from doing anything too stupid. The Blind Idiot God roils in the firmament and children of Yuln-Igganoth shall weep tears of dust.”


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol sweatdrops and shoots Calxakti a sheepish look, but otherwise keeps his attention on the undead. You're not entirely sure if he wanted to ask 'But I was the one who suggested leaving her be, not provoking her further?' , 'Who is the blind idiot god and what is Yuln-iggsometing?' , 'How does one cry tears of dust? That sounds like a very interesting disease - should I pretend I know about it to not appear stupid?' , or 'I'm fairly sure Akiton is not on top of that bird in the Sky lady Alithea just pointed at, but I decided not to comment out of politeness. Is this some manner of symbolism, another prophecy? Can you clarify after the immediate threat of Lady Alithea being decapitated by a scythe has passed?'

Or, you know, perhaps all four. It's hard to say. You are reminded that paladins do not have a reputation for being smart and suspect they are not generelly selected based on intellectual prowess but rather how shiny their hair is.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

...and Adol's hair is both very shiny AND seemingly gravity-defying.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol, Calxakti, Alithea,

Provoked, the undead guardsman's eyes flash with power and a wave of supernatural fear rolls over the group. Of course, Adol is immune to such magics, but Alithea and Calxakti feel the creature attempt to exert its will over them. The guardsmen all cower from the creature when it does so, husting around the wall behind the gates.

Alithea and Calxakti roll DC 19 Will save or become frightened and run away. Success means you are shaken for 1 round. Then, you three give me actions in response.

Uliaza,

The madam hums and leans back in her chair, smiling. "Very well. I think we can help each other out. What exactly is it that you'd like to know about?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
DM Divinity wrote:

Adol, Calxakti, Alithea,

Provoked, the undead guardsman's eyes flash with power and a wave of supernatural fear rolls over the group. Of course, Adol is immune to such magics, but Alithea and Calxakti feel the creature attempt to exert its will over them. The guardsmen all cower from the creature when it does so, husting around the wall behind the gates.

Alithea and Calxakti roll DC 19 Will save or become frightened and run away. Success means you are shaken for 1 round. Then, you three give me actions in response.

Uliaza,

The madam hums and leans back in her chair, smiling. "Very well. I think we can help each other out. What exactly is it that you'd like to know about?"

Adol blinks as he isn't entirely sure what just happened, but can see the guardsmen cowering in fear of the monstrousity. He positions himself in front of Alithea and Calxakti and gives them a quick questioning glance. "So diplomacy and subtlety are out, I suppose?"

Assuming this technically counts as being in initiative, Adol readies a move action forward to meet the undead on the way and draw his weapon should she take another hostile action.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

"Like I said, everything involving the situation. Where might the dragon's lair be? How long has the Count been sending sacrifices their way? Who's making the undead, and if they don't serve them directly, who do they serve? I saw the new adviser the Count had, do you know anything about him? Has anyone ever tried to hunt the dragon down before?" She quickly rattles the questions off, keeping count of them on one hand as she goes.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Will Save (DC 19) + 4 (Adol's Aura of Courage): 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 4 = 29

Alithea shrugs off the undead guard's attempt to cause her fear. "I'm just asking you to clarify what you want us to do, and you try to use magic on us? And here I thought we could just chat. Now, I'll give you an opportunity to reconsider and just answer our questions. Including some about your relationship with this town and the guard." She is annoyed by the undead's magical ability to make the guards cower. She doesn't take an aggressive action, but her tone now has more edge to it.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

I need actions from Calxakti and Adol before I move that scene forward. You cannot wait to see the results of Alithea's actions before deciding that you will do something (yes, this means you must give up an attack to see if her overtures of peace might work).

Uliaza,

The madam goes from bemused to surprised as Uliaza goes through her questions. "The dragon isn't the one demanding the sacrifices... at least, I think not. He attacked some time ago, but the count asked for the sacrifices in order to appease... he said Abadar was displeased with us."

"The count's new advisor's name is Eldran Tath. No, he just arrived a short time ago. I haven't seen or talked to him personally."

"Someone arrived a few days ago to try and hunt the dragon. He was big, he was savage, and he didn't speak Taldane. We didn't see him after the one night he stayed overnight."

"What undead are you talking about?"

Maika, Rirsa, Carrie,

The guards look at each other and sort of snigger. "Sorry, lady, but the count ain't here," says one. Another, slightly more nervous, says. "But he says the dragon problem is going to be fine. I... wouldn't worry overmuch about it."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol takes another glance at the cowering guardsmen, then reaches a decision. "I'm sorry, lady Alithea, but I cannot stand by while these people suffer in front of me, nor am I going to give it a chance to inflict further harm on any of us."

His body posture changes, and in what seems like one giant leap, he crosses the distance between himself and the target. The ribbon like-wings on his back seem to shine a bit brighter at he started moving.

The next moment, three streaks of light cut across the undead from directly in front of it.

Adol uses smite evil and activates rage and power attack (and has favored enemy undead), then five foot steps and full attacks.

Adol casts turn into paste(Smite evil, rage, power attack, favored enemy: undead): 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (10) + 33 = 431d20 + 28 ⇒ (1) + 28 = 291d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

damage rolls: 1d8 + 56 ⇒ (3) + 56 = 591d8 + 44 ⇒ (8) + 44 = 521d8 + 44 ⇒ (8) + 44 = 52

In case the undead survives this (it probably will, the rolls were pretty bad) and attacks Adol with a scythe the following turn, he attempts a parry and reposte at the first incoming attack +35 vs ac and damage 2d6+46.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Please list out your bonuses like this:

1d20 + 23 + 8 - 4 + 2 (base + smite - power attack + rage) = +29 to hit

The above is expressed in diceroll below:

Attack #1 (Smite, Power Attack, Rage): 1d20 + 23 + 8 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 23 + 8 - 4 + 2 = 34

1d8 + 14 + 12 + 12 + 2 + 2 (base + smite + power attack + rage + courageous weapon) = + 42 damage, 54 on the first hit.

Also, each roll should have its own [-dice-] line.

Your totals are 39 to hit (59 damage), 25 to hit (50 damage), 26 to hit (50 damage).


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Okay, attempt number 2:

attack#1 (BAB, base str, base weapon enh, Smite, rage, furious weapon, favored enemy: undead, power attack): 1d20 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 41

Damage attack#1 (base str + base weapon enh + feat (MF: HB) + rage + furious weapon + PA + (Smite x2) + favored enemy): 1d8 + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 24 + 2 = 60

attack#2 (BAB-5, base str, base weapon enh, Smite, rage, furious weapon, favored enemy: undead, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 43

Damage attack#2 (base str + base weapon enh + feat (MF: HB) + rage + furious weapon + PA + (Smite x1) + favored enemy): 1d8 + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 12 + 2 = 48

attack#3 (BAB-10, base str, base weapon enh, Smite, rage, furious weapon, favored enemy: undead, power attack): 1d20 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 40

Damage attack#3 (base str + base weapon enh + feat (MF: HB) + rage + furious weapon + PA + (Smite x1) + favored enemy): 1d8 + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 12 + 12 + 2 = 46

I think you might have forgotten the bonusses from furious weapon and hunter's blessing somewhere. It happens, I also have a lot of trouble remembering everything that adds to stuff, but I believe the above is correct?

Also: Yay! It worked as intended, thanks :) I'll be sure to save these macros for later use.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa ignores the snickering; it would be beneath the nature of Chevaineyan Nobility to raise ire over such a simple dismissal. Then where is the Dragon's Lair? I think we all would see your city safe at least; before we move on. she pauses Or since further travel is currently impeded; an inn until your Count returns. She turns swiftly towards her fellows before turning back towards the guards. Do you two see any problems with this? she whispers a inquiry.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa ignores the snickering; it would be beneath the nature of Chevaineyan Nobility to raise ire over such a simple dismissal. Then where is the Dragon's Lair? I think we all would see your city safe at least; before we move on. she pauses Or since further travel is currently impeded; an inn until your Count returns. She turns swiftly towards her fellows before turning back towards the guards. Do you two see any problems with this? she whispers an inquiry.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti raises his eyebrows at Adol’s abrupt attack. He then grumbles, ”Suppose I ought to help out.” With that, he hobbles to within 30 feet of the undead and says a few words in a language that none can understand as the air begins to warp and ripple around him. He then raps his staff against the ground. The obsidian pendant on his neck briefly turns white as a swirling nimbus of radiant energy shoots from his hand towards the undead.

Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 4d8 + 14 ⇒ (8, 5, 5, 5) + 14 = 37

First, I activate my cloak of displacement as a free action, giving me blur. I then use my amulet of reverse incantation to convert inflict critical wounds to cure critical wounds. The undead gets a DC 22 will save to resist.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Undead Will (critical) (DC 22): 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 3 = 24

As I said before: Your totals are 39 to hit (59 damage), 25 to hit (50 damage), 26 to hit (50 damage). You don't get to reroll.

Not allowing the creature to speak another word, Adol steps forward and, with a blur of slashes, cuts deep rents through the young maiden's midsection. Then Calxakti steps up as well and delivers a powerful pulse of positive energy, and the already-weakened undead simply disintegrates, the negative energy holding it together cancelled out by Calxakti's spell.

So Adol deals 109 damage to the undead. Calxakti deals 18 damage to the undead. It is destroyed.

Rirsa, Maika, Carrie,

The guards just shrug. "What makes you think we know where the dragon's lair is?" asks one. "We're not dragon hunters. We just live here."

"The biggest inn in town is called the Day's End. It's on the south end of town, just up the road to the right from the southern gate. Ask there about rooms."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza frowns as she listens, nodding along and rubbing her chin as she process the information. "So... Is half the population of this town mentally deficient or something? The god of civilization and commerce isn't going to be demanding blood sacrifices!" She clicks her tongue and shakes her head.

"I haven't seen them personally, but my compatriots have. Apparently, there's some kind of undead at the gates, preventing people from leaving the town. It's definitely under the Counts control though. Do you know where Eldran lives? I get the feeling I might need to pay him a visit."

101 to 150 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.