A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


401 to 450 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika put a hand on Adol's for a few moments and focused. As she did so, a swirl of magic darted around her hand, then plunged into her palm. "Like that." she explained. "It is... difficult... to concisely explain the workings, but setting up the accounts is easy enough once learned. Now it must be funded - with a one-minute ritual, I can convert any object you possess that you have owned for one week, believe to be rightfully yours, and is worth equal to or more than one hundred standard gold pieces into wealth within the account. Rare exceptions apply; notably, artifacts and cursed items can't be transacted this way. This technique does include offering bags of coins, but please note that the offering simply fails if an item is ineligible, even if you think it's yours. Please be aware that this transaction is irreversible - when something has been offered, it is gone and you will not get it back." Her tone was mostly business at that point, as if she'd said this a lot.

"Fifty percent of the value of any item or items you offer exists within the account and with your authorization, I may use it to cast any wizard or cleric spell up to the seventh level on you, or create any effect from the same to protect you or attack your enemies. The price for any effect equals the cost of a standard scroll for the power, but notably, these spells do not require material components of any value. In this sense, some of the more powerful spells are noticeably more affordable when bought through me. If you do not remember the standard prices of scrolls off the top of your head, I would be happy to write them down for you. I receive ten percent of the value of offered items for my personal use as a commission for this service, and the remaining forty percent pays for the system's functions."

"So long as there are funds in your account, I can provide spells - there is no daily limit. If you desire a particular type of effect, I can also consult my references and give you the best selection of options, assuming there is more than one qualifying spell. As a seller of magic, I am contractually obligated to inform you of your options for buying spells with the funds in your account, specifically including any less-expensive options that would have the same effect. The funds in your account persist until you have been dead for one week or the funds are equivalent to ten standard gold pieces or less and either of us chooses to close the account. Please be aware that I do not accept long-term accounts except with proven customers, so if you decide to part ways and do not expect to buy magic from me again in the near future, you must authorize enough spending to close the account."

"It is possible there could be unexpected situations that limit your ability to authorize spellcasting at the time, but that you would nevertheless desire to have. If you'd prefer, I can give you a standard preauthorization statement to make that covers healing and resurrection."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Somewhere during Maika's explanation, Adol's eyes glaze over a bit, though he still nods along. As he does, he seems to do some mental math backed up by counting on his fingers. "So... in short, if I understand correctly, I need to own an item for seven days. I can then give it to you and it disappears, but half of that item's value is converted into invisible funds that can be drawn upon at any time for the price of a standard scroll of nearly any spell. But no components are required at all. Right...?"

Before Maika can answer, he suddenly breaks eye contact and looks around sheepishly. "Actually... I guess it's not relevant now. I currently do not have 100 gold with me and thus cannot open an account. The only things I have on me worth that much are parts of my own equipment. I can't use Eldran's scrolls either as they have been owned for less than a week and I was planning on selling those to provide some monetary compensation for the families of the dead - with permission from all of you, of course. I suppose this account have to wait after all. "

He sighs and looks at the sky for a moment before continuing. "Damn it! I should have taken more of my possessions with me from Akiton. I rushed here to try and save my subject, only to arrive late anyway..."

Just as the ensuing silence starts to become uncomfortable, he gratefully accepts Ulliaza's sudden appearance as an out. "If I'd moved far away from you, it would have broken our spell," he answers the Saint. "And I think everyone wanted to be here in case things went wrong. Never mind that though; what did you learn from the mayor?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

As several hours passed Alithea sat quietly, usually holding nothing, occasionally pulling out a small notebook and quill in which she wrote notes. She was spending the time reflecting on the rather unusual day she was having.

When Ulliaza emerged, Alithea put away her notebook, and rose. "When your message mentioned the possibility of beating, I figured it best to stick around, in case you decided to take action. I wanted to handle this situation with the mayor delicately if possible, but wanted to be prepared if things went south."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"It's a safety precaution." Maika explained as Adol noted his lack of other items. "Since the transactions are irreversible, it helps to prevent any accidental loss of goods that the true owner does not wish to have lost. Personally, I recommend buying gems in the value you desire to offer - small, easy to hide, and simple to find in major settlements."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza offers a quick nod and breaths out a sigh, rubbing her head and wincing slightly. "Well, beyond things I shall not name out of the sheer awkwardness rather than any importance, the Count's asleep in one of the rooms and the woman he was with is fine. Anyone got any ideas as to what we should do now, or do we just wait until he leaves the Blind Eye?"


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Though charging into his room in the brothel and taking him unawares is quite enticing of an idea, I believe we should take a rather more measured approach. The Tears did not fall upon Udanta without ample thought."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Well, if he is alone, that's about as good as it will get. We should be able to get into the room fairly easily just by teleporting inside. Since the place is loud anyway, it lessens the chances of being overheard during the questioning. Though I'm sure some spell exists that blocks sound from leaving a room entirely?" he asks, throwing a questioning glace between those better in magic than him - which was everyone.

"Alternatively, if your message trick works on him too, we can probably get him anywhere we want. Just say Eldran urgently needs to talk to him about the sacrifices somewhere NOW. That should probably get him to move? As to how nice and diplomatic we're going to be... I'll leave that up to you. My opinion of the law in this town is very low at the moment. The Count himself has a good chance of being in league with Eldran, since he demanded the sacrifices for him. I'm assuming that since you didn't note it, there was no magical compulsion forcing him to act that way. It could be that he was threatened into it, but presumably beating innocent women does his character no credit - nor does beating women in general."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Actually... now that I think about it, if you have 'Eldran' ask him to meet him at 'the usual place', he might lead us to his secret lair, assuming he has one. Though that would be a gamble into the unknown."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The innkeeper comes back to speak to Rirsa when she asks her question. "That inn on the outskirts of town? A local named Bill owned the inn, but... he died. The bloodless came for his daughter." She sighs heavily. "He wouldn't let them, so they killed him. Inn shuttered when the count closed the town."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Is the girl still around? Rirsa frowned as she asked; already expecting the worst.If she is not; wouldn't property rights fall to the Count? At least it does in Chevaineyan law if there is no next of kin. Maybe I should confirm this? No; probably not wise to upset my host.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika was carefully neutral on the behavior of others - she sold to everyone, fair or foul, and in return only demanded they play by the same rules when getting her services. Her home city, precariously balanced between two unfathomably powerful forces, was a testament to the way even things you disagreed with might be more important than you'd like. "Well, if I'm close enough, I can send a Message spell..."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The innkeeper presses her lips together and shakes her head grimly.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

sense motive, trying to gauge Maika's emotional undertone: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Since Adol presumably fails detecting her distaste, he doesn't comment.

"So those were my suggestions. What do you all think? And what are your own ideas? I'm fine with doing this more subtly, but then how do you suppose we should do so?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

That place was dusty; I'm assuming that this has been going on for some time - I need to find my allies and put a stop to these sacrifices. How did these sacrifices start happening? Was there any reason why the Count called for them to begin with? She frowned; realizing that they needed to hurry before even more lives were list to fear and hatred.Ni devas esti rapidaj ĉi tie; tie estas demandoj, kiujn la Grafo devas respondi.These sacrifices don't make any sense to me; my task as a Chevaineyan Noble is to insure that little harm comes to my charges; is his task not the same?

Chevaineyan:
We need to be quick here; there a questions that the Count needs to answer for.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"We can safely grab the mayor now, if we wish, or we can wait for him to sleep it off. The mayor is certainly our best bet, at gaining new information, but abducting him will likely not help our image. And the ploy with trying to get him to lead us somewhere feels like an unnecessary gamble; we don't know such a place exists. We have time, and other leads to follow." Alithea ponders, then thinking a moment longer, is struck with inspiration.

"We should go back to the temple in the meantime. We can try to look for some stray flesh or hairs of Eldran's, and then I can scry him, at least. If we want to view him and the mayor, perhaps that is our best bet. It's of a limited duration, though, unless I learn the greater version. Alternatively, we can easily secure the same from the mayor and magically observe him as well. I've been so distracted it didn't occur to me before."

This was a big ooc mistake on my part, this course of action should have been fairly evident in character, but alas, here we are.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nods at Alithea. "While I find scrying Eldran a good idea, I disagree with the notion of us having plenty of time to wait things out. We need to remember that there is a dragon out there that could attack the town at any moment, and that Eldran could very well be adding to his undeads as we speak. Also, at least four bloodless are currently missing - the ones outside the church before we teleported inside. Who knows what those are doing? The problem with letting the mayor go here is that a lot of things could go wrong. It might take a long while for him to do anything of note. Eldran could kill him for knowing too much about him. He might simply not speak of any important matters while we're scrying him without some form of external motivation. Especially if he is guilty of the things I suspect him of, he would want to keep all of those things hidden as much as possible."

He pauses for a moment, rubbing his temples. " Estivas, planning operations isn't my forte. But how about we hedge things. We message him to meet 'Eldran' somewhere at a neutral location, maybe somewhere outside the city, now that the gates are open. Some of us will go there to question him. I think abducting is a strong word for such a setup, but call it what you may, we will gain the information we need from him in the short term before any preventable harm can befall the villagers. Meanwhile, some others of us can return to the church and look for things belonging to Eldran so he can be scryed by Alithea. Maybe Maika can commune with the church of Abadar for assistance to restore order and to grant us insight into the church records and hopefully something of note about the town itself."

"And lastly... maybe we are thinking too difficult for this. Maybe Eldran simply has a home here in the city we could search - some basic information gathering on such a prominent town figure might be enough to locate it. And if we split anyway, perhaps someone can also talk to the clerics in the meantime. If everything else fails, I can simply use directional magic to track either Eldran or the entrance to the dragon's lair, though that is a bit unrealible and is probably best used as a last resort."

He look up to each of his companions again. "Are there any further suggestions to what to do, and what do you think of this plan?"

I see some potential here for interrogating the mayor at the abandoned inn outside the town that Rirsa is securing, though this hasn't been mentioned by her to the group yet. Credit to Alithea for the idea of involving the church of Abadar in stabilizing the town in the ooc thread.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Rubbing her chin, Uliaza gets an idea and face palms. "...You know what we've kind of just been ignoring this entire time? The dragon. Why have we been focusing in so much on the mayor and this undead issue, when there's a giant fire breathing lizard to deal with?"

She shakes her head and sighs slightly. "I vote we leave the situation involving the mayor alone for now. If the theory about Eldran's 'big threat' being the dragon is correct, then dealing with that would sovle the issue. Once Eldran is gone, we can go about investigating whether the mayor is corrupt or not. Besides, the town matters little if it's destroyed in dragon fire."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"So you'd suggest giving up the search for Eldran entirely and focus on the dragon instead? Then how should we go about this in concrete actions? We currently have no leads on the dragon other than that he attacked a mine before this. That is very little to go on. I mean, we could try relying on my pathfinding skill to directionally point us to his lair, I suppose, which may or may not work depending on how well-hidden or accessable it is."

Adol sighs. "Actually, to be honest, I'm not sure I like this idea, Ulliaza. Respectfully, this would give Eldran free reign to do whatever he wanted here, while we were out searching for the dragon lair or venturing into it. Eldran could backstab us at a bad time, or wait for us to come out weakened and then attack, to say nothing of the harm he'd do on the villagers in the meantime. It feels like starting a duel only to turn around for a new challenger and leaving your back completely exposed to your first opponent. It would also mean giving up the valuable source of information that is right in front of us! We might be able to make more of an informed decision about matters if simply we knew more. Coming this far to find the mayor and then walking away seems to accomplish nothing but a waste of time."

He looks to Alithea, Maika and Calxakti. "Still, if the three of you feel abandoning this to immediately focus on the dragon instead, I suppose it means I am out-voted on the issue. I do feel that we might be able to learn something here yet that might help us in our quest and fight against this dragon if we ask around more. At the very least, knowing why he is after this village might be of use in some way."

Good night, everyone!


Rocks Fall; You Die!
Rirsa Loldan wrote:

That place was dusty; I'm assuming that this has been going on for some time - I need to find my allies and put a stop to these sacrifices. How did these sacrifices start happening? Was there any reason why the Count called for them to begin with?

The innkeeper shrugs. "I'm not rightly sure myself. He told everyone that the Abadaran priests had fallen to sin, and that the sacrifices were needed to correct the sin. He said the priests' sin was the reason for the dragon's attack. It was some sort of punishment. Then, the sacrifices came from the Church, and the Count said that they had been empowered to defend us from the dragon."

She sighs. "I talked to Bill's daughter myself, but she was... not herself. She just told me that there was a curfew, and that there would be... consequences, if I wasn't at home."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I see; so the dragon didn't attack first; like I had first assumed- the advisor is forcing children into some form or another; to defend you from this "punishment" but the advisor claims that the Abadaran preisthood committed a grave enough sin to warrant a dragon attack? That the village children; not the Abadaran Priests had to be sacrificed to protect you? Rirsa looks over at Carie; La drako unue ne atakis; kiel mi unue supozis - la konsilisto devigas infanojn iel aŭ alian; defendi ĉi tiun lokon de ĉi tiu "puno", sed la konsilisto asertas, ke la Abadaranaj deponejoj faris gravan sufiĉan pekon por garantii drakan atakon. Ke la vilaĝaj infanoj; ne la Abadaranaj Pastroj devis esti oferitaj por protekti la urbon. Se ĉi tiu estaĵo obsedas kun venĝo; tiam li verŝajne iros post la du Grafo mem; aŭ la urbo. Kvankam mi supozas, ke ĝi povus esti prilaborita intrigo mortigi la Drakon ... Rirsa crossed her arms. It may not be wise to stay here while we investigate this; the Inn outside would be safest for everyone. If we get attacked; there won't be any chance of people getting hurt in the cross fire. Rirsa gracefully grabs her coin purse and pulls out a few gold pieces (6 to be exact) and hands them to Doriana. Here; we will still need to eat. So we would still be stopping by from day to day; if you'd have us. After the conversation; Rirsa finishes her porridge and then tracks the party down.

Chevaineyan:
The dragon didn't attack first; like I had first assumed- the advisor is forcing children into some form or another; to defend this place from this "punishment" that the advisor claims that the Abadaran preisthood committed a grave enough sin to warrant a dragon attack. That the village children; not the Abadaran Priests had to be sacrificed to protect the city. If this creature is obsessed with revenge; then he may likely be going after either the Count himself; or the city. Although I suppose it could be an elaborate plot to kill the Dragon...


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

”Our greatest threat is certainly the dragon. Wyrms are concerned in countless prophecies, and there is ruin in nearly all of them. Grim as the matter of sacrifice may be, there are many who have given sacrifice to forestall the end of all things. It would indeed be wise to find what connection, if any, the dragon may have with the sacrifices, but the wyrm is still our gravest concern.”


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"Never face a dragon unprepared." Maika opined as the conversation turned towards the great wyrm. "You need ways to hit it, ways to deal with its spells, and ways to survive its breath. Very ferocious foes... and I do agree that stopping it would go a long ways towards solving the problems of this town. Or rather, they won't be solved until then."

"You hired me, Adol, so I'll follow your lead. It's not my place to tell you what to do - just to do my best to support the course you choose. If you'd like my personal input instead of a vote, though, being dragonslayers can do a great deal to convince reluctant locals to cooperate with you. After all, by default, you are more dangerous than what they're already afraid of."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Okay, so Ulliaza, Calxakti and Maika all vote to focus on the dragon instead," Adol concluded. "I can understand that, but again; what actions should we take to get closer to the dragon? We have no concrete plan nor concrete leads. We have a huge lack of information. Stating your intent is fine, but I'd like an actual plan as well so we can also act on your intent. If not, then all the actual planning goes to myself and Alithea. I have only vague ideas what the full extend of your capacities are. Thus, I am not able to use your capacities in reaching that goal as well as I could, and I fully admit that I am not the smartest or wisest person. But I am not afraid to take decisions nor offer suggestions, If I must, imperfect though they might be."

Adol sighs deeply, and in that moment he looks much older than his years would suggest, for a moment matching the impressive collection of scars on his body and armor. "If we go for this, do me a favor. I'd like someone to come with me to talk to the mayor. Someone good at reading people or detecting lies. We're going to introduce ourselves as adventurers who wants to help the town deal with the dragon. All of us have the skills to back up this claim and immediately prove ourselves valuable assets. I will use my background of being a pathfinder of some renown and an ally to the Crown to further back this. We'll be as friendly as possible and don't mention anything on how he is probably complicit in the systematic murdering of his own subjects. We'll ask him for anything he can tell us about the town, this dragon and our 'allies' in this fight, like Eldran. There is a good chance this will learn us a lot and it costs nothing. The mayor probably doesn't know yet that we've fought Eldran and though unlikely, he might also simply not know what Eldran has been really doing. If we're lucky, he can also simply tell us where Eldran is so we can 'coordinate the defense with him'."

"While we talk to him, the others can follow up a few remaining leads. We have the bank, the priests and inquiring about this mine the dragon attacked first, as I see it. What were they mining at the mine and did something unusual happen there prior to the dragon attack? Oh, and asking around for more on the bloodless - how many there are, if they've been seen in these last few hours after the fight with Eldran, and such. When we're done, we reconvene in the town square. Hopefully, we'll have learned more to then actually start hunting this dragon. At the very least we can claim we did some basic investigating before heading off into the unknown. Can everyone agree on this?"

He waits for anyone to volounteer accompanying him to the mayor, and to see what part in the remaining investigation everyone wants to take before starting the hunt for this dragon. He is open to any suggestions, but stresses that in order to get anywhere, actual action will have to be taken.

I think it might help in moving things along if people just said: I am going to do this, assume the others agree and then just doing it. We could stay stuck in this conversation for a long time with nothing being achieved otherwise.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza nods along before quickly raising her hand. "You'll want me to handle the actual talking with the mayor. I'm the best liar in this entire group, and I'm pretty decent at reading people. If someone who's really, really good at reading people wants to come along as well, it'd probably be a good idea."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Adol has a point. If you have a plan for the dragon, put it forward.

Reminder, nothing will happen until someone says "I go and I do the thing" explicitly.

Second reminder, the longer you guys quibble on the plan, the more time passes in-game and the more things your enemies get to do while you're not looking.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Good. Then Ulliaza and I will go and talk to the mayor. Maika, I appreciate your show of loyalty, but I'd prefer to think of us as equal allies in this and not as you being in my service. Maybe you and Alithea can head for the church to conduct both of your own plans; communing with the church of Abadar for permission to read the church files, possibly enlist their aid in restoring town order and look for things we can use to scry Eldran. Be warned: if you go there, you might well encounter the guards. I don't fully trust them at the moment. If you go, I suggest having a plan on what to say to ensure their cooperation. If it works out, maybe we can coordinate some kind of early warning system for detecting the dragon before it attacks. I'm sure the guards have scouts, but maybe the two of you as magical experts can improve the situation in some way? It would give us valuable time to prepare for the next time the dragon shows up."

"Sir Calxakti, I'm not sure what you believe yourself best at. If you are good at reading people, you are welcome to join Ulliaza and I. We have a lot of leads however, and it might be beneficial if you went back to town to ask for more information about the bloodless and the mine that the dragon attacked. Maybe there is a prophecy that can guide your way?"

"I'm a bit worried about Rirsa. We have no idea where she is, and she's been gone for a while. I hope she simply found something valuable in the meantime that's kept her preoccupied, and that she'll find her way back to us. Still, stay on guard. Eldran and the bloodless could be anywhere. If you see them, it's probably best to withdraw and come back as a team. I suggest meeting back at the town square in about an hour."

He locks gazes with Ulliaza. "If everyone can agree with this setup, I say we get started now. The two of us can probably just talk our way in to the brothel. I'd prefer to save teleportation resources, and it would be a bit awkward to accidentally end up in the wrong room," he muses, as he awkwardly scratches his chin. "If there is a window, I'm sure I could also fly up and have you work your magic in opening it, though that's a bit high-profile."

Adol waits for imput on the suggested course of action, which he based on the collective input of ideas put forward by everyone so far. He is ready to go. His body language tells you he is a bit restless; perhaps listening to prostitutes for hours with nothing to show for it is making him reconsider his career choices. Or perhaps his mental capacities have simply been stretched too far, too long for all the planning going on.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Thought I'd make a post summarizing all ideas so far and make a leadup to carrying them out, if everyone is still behind his/her own plans. A few extra suggestions I could think of added in. Good night everyone.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa reaches the door when something makes her stop; she turns around and goes back to Doriana; waiting for her to not be busy when she talks to her again I'm sorry to disturb you again; but how did you know what they were called bloodless? she inquisitively starts.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"Sounds well enough to me," Alithea said, putting away her belongings. "I don't know if Maika needs to go elsewhere, but I'll head to the bank."

Alithea then ambled off to see what she could learn as others asked around about the dragon.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"There are still powers that I have sway with. My ways of seeing go farther beyond sight than you could know, young man. Give me some time, and I will be able to answer questions with some...clarity." With that, Calxakti strides out of the inn to find an area of relative seclusion.

With that found, he pulls a censer and several sticks of incense from his pack and lights them. The incense was old, dating back to his time as a wandering seer. He smiled at the memories of those simpler times, when the world seemed so bright and the future so sure.

He began to chant in the same ancient Arcadian tongue, his words echoing through the eddies of the astral plane and beyond. There were still beings who knew the future, beings that would be able to give him some answers.

Casting commune.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza nods along for the most part, but makes an iffy hand gesture when the mention of teleporting into the brothel is brought up. "For this, I think it's best if we simply be forward. Go into the brothel, and request to speak to the mayor about the dragon issue. Madam Black has seen me before, so I'm pretty sure she'll know I'm serious... I hope, at least. After we get what we can out of the mayor... Just figure out where the dragon's lair is, and then go in. It'd be dangerous, but if we're careful, we should get out alive... hopefully."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"I'll be back as soon as I can, then." said Maika... and a moment later, she Plane Shifted to the entry zone of the main Bank of Abadar in Axis, central headquarters of its church and the single best place to go get a manager with the authority and ability to start opening things. Fortunately, she knew how to skip the lines...

We can play that out... or just have her come back when it's convenient. XD


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Here we go, then," Adol says, pushing himself from the wall he was leaning against and starting his walk towards the brothel. "Well, regarding the dragon lair, there's always the option of fighting it off and then following it after it withdraws. I'm sure we can think of something, but I prefer not to wait and risk any of the civilians here."

He pauses outside of the Blind Eye. "Not the kind of place I'd have imagined visiting alongside a saint," he mutters dryly. "I wonder if a bard will make some story about this, sometime? Would probably make for a good tavern joke. Estivas knows there are plenty of those on me..."

He shakes his head. "Well, anyway, you're taking the lead in these conversations, then?" he asks, just as he opens the door.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Offering a small nod to Adol, she steps into the brothel and looks around for Madam Black. A ball of tension had formed in her stomach, really hoping the Madam hadn't shared her accusation with the Count. It'd make things really, really awkward...


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Alithea returns to the bank to find the doors locked, her arcane sight showing that an arcane lock keeps the doors shut.

Uliaza and Adol head into the Blind Eye and are quickly intercepted by the matron, Lady Black. She looks up at the pair of them and her eyebrows quirk up. "Can I help you...? Again?" she asks.

The innkeeper shrugs at Rirsa, saying, "They're so pale! And they don't bleed when cut. We started calling them that because... well, they are. Bloodless." Rirsa can't really tell any kind of duplicity. "Bloodless" is a nickname, anyway. Rirsa and Carrie head out, next.

Maika shifts into the Bank of Abadar Waiting Room, a room made of shining white marble, queues, soft music, and paperwork. Maika has a special pass for a shorter line, and quickly reaches the receptionist. "Can I help you?" asks the pretty young woman behind the desk. "Are you opening an account, making a deposit, maybe you want a line of credit?" She looks Maika up and down, notices the robot arms and legs, and waggles her eyebrows. "Maybe something more special?"

Where is Rirsa going? What is Calxakti asking with commune? How is Alithea getting into the Bank of Abadar?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She offers the matron a small smile and bows deeply for a moment before straightening back out. "I'm sorry to take up more of your time, Lady Black. But the group I represent were hoping to speak to the mayor, and we heard he was here at the moment. We're perfectly willing to wait, if he's not available at the moment."

Glancing over at Adol, she blinks a bit and claps her hands. "Oh, but I've forgotten my manners. This here is Adol Cristin, experienced paladin, for lack of a better term, the 'muscle' in our little dragon hunting venture."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The madam appears to get flustered for a moment before she shakes her head. "I'm sorry, but you're mistaken," she says. "The mayor doesn't come here."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Upon being introduced, Adol takes a step forward and offers her a courteous bow, mimicing the one currently trending one among Taldan upper-class.

knowledge culture, adopting local noble customs: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (20) + 29 = 49

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my lady. As my fair companion said, I am he; a dragonslayer of some repute. I have fought and killed many of their kin. One popular story is how I once killed an elder black dragon by biting it with my teeth. Personally, I don't relish that occurance as much, as it was a rather uncivilised move born of necessecity. Such tales are unbecoming of a fine establishment such as yours," he spoke, completely serious. "Perhaps more fitting is that I have some ties to the Crown in Oppara, and that I am the current ruler of Arl. I would like to think that I am a great asset in protecting all of you. Maybe we could discuss the matters of the mayor and the plight of the town in more privacy?"

If Adol believes it is in line with local customs upon meeting a lady, he leans forward as he finishes and kisses her hand (silently thanking his diety for protecting him from all kinds of diseases). As he does, he whipers very quietly, so that prefereably only Ulliaza and the madam can hear: "Is something wrong? We know he is upstairs. If you're in danger, we will keep you safe."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (7) + 32 = 39


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Alithea, unconcerned with hiding the difficult truth of the goings on within the temple, opts to simply dispel the lock.

Dispel Check: 14 Caster Level + 4 Greater Dispel Focus + 2 Spell Specialization + 2 Numerology Cylinder +Gifted Adept + 1 Varisian Tattoo = +24. Eldritch Breach rolls twice.

Dispel Check 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41
Dispel Check 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25

She will then open the door and enter the bank to begin her search, closing the door behind her.

Perception to search: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The door to the bank is mundanely locked in addition to the arcane lock, although Alithea unravels the spell making the lock more difficult with ease.

- - -

The madam accepts Adol's hand-kiss with some pleasure. It's not often that a brothel owner gets kissed on the hand by a paladin with spectral wings coming out of his back! She doesn't seem to know what "Arl" is, but she generally seems impressed by his mannerisms. "I'm sorry, but it's our policy to never reveal personal information about our clients. If you need to speak with the mayor so badly, why don't you make an appointment with his office? Why do you need to speak with him here?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Stifled by the mundane lock, Alithea pulls out her notebook, jotting down a note about mundane locks. She then moves over a window to get sight into the Bank and use Dimensional Slide to enter and begin her search.

If you disagree with Dimensional Slide's line of sight requirement with the windows for Dimensional Slide, Alithea will study the scene again, and use Teleport to enter the bank.

Teleport: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Just let me know which works so I can mark off the appropriate resource.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
DM Divinity wrote:


- - -

The madam accepts Adol's hand-kiss with some pleasure. It's not often that a brothel owner gets kissed on the hand by a paladin with spectral wings coming out of his back! She doesn't seem to know what "Arl" is, but she generally seems impressed by his mannerisms. "I'm sorry, but it's our policy to never reveal personal information about our clients. If you need to speak with the mayor so badly, why don't you make an appointment with his office? Why do you need to speak with him here?"

Adol looks around to make sure they aren't easily overheard by everyone. If they are, he looks for some more secluded corner to continue this conversation. Then, his gaze pierces her with the smoldering intensity of genuine earnesty.

Diplomacy, Smoldering Intensity Earnest Puppy-Eyed Good Guy Dialogue Mode: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (12) + 32 = 44

"We completely understand such policies and if the circumstances were not so dire, we would have done exactly what you suggested. In fact, we just came from his mansion only to find him absent. Unfortunately, the fact is that there is a dragon out there, which could attack again at any moment. The longer we wait, the larger the likelyhood that more villagers will die and more buildings will get destroyed. Buildings such as this one, if we are unlucky. This places us under pressure of time. And we also heard from a source that he spends most of his time here, hiding away in a fashion, from which I deduced that not coming here would have meant waiting a very long time, while we need to coordinate the defense of the village now . Please . We don't ask for any information on him, we just need to talk to him. Help us protect you all."

He exchanges a look with Ulliaza, waiting for her imput and/or for her to take over the conversation again.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

”Powers that be, those that are in my debt, those that shall listen to me, answer my questions in this time of need. Chintzin the Everwatcher, Serpent of Eyes, Mulmurn the Flayed, I made your destinies, now I take what I am owed.”

He waits for a moment, before saying once more, ”I seek answers. Are the sacrifices here connected to the dragon which ravaged this town? Are they meant to ward off the beast, or did they draw it here?”

He waits for a response.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She glances over at Adol and offers a slightl shrug. "Don't look at me, you managed to cover it all pretty clearly. If you don't wish for the conversation to take place here, could you at least relay a message to him that we wish to meet him at his manor, or some other location?"


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

At the Bank of Abadar, Maika just put a hand on one hip and raised an eyebrow. "First of all, you should be better trained than that, given how often I'm in here." she said. The Bank of Abadar was practically a second home, given how tightly her Guild was integrated with the work of the Lord of Commerce and the tremendous amount of business it collectively brought the bank. Magical items were almost always among the most valuable items bought and sold, period, which meant that a truly mind-boggling amount of cash flowed through the system Maika regulated and managed. "One of the local temples of Abadar on Golarion-" It was rare for individual worlds to be well-known, but as the Cage of Rovagug, Golarion had a very special status, "-was attacked, and I need a manager with the authority and tools to pop open some of the safes so we can investigate and try to resolve it. And a Gate back to the church - don't give me any guff about that, this is an active investigation and you know Abadar has a strong opinion about protecting the contents of things He insures. Wait too long and people might start taking what isn't theirs, and sending out the recovery teams is far more expensive than a fast teleport there."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa looks around to make sure she is secluded before reaching in her pouch for a Oval brilliant cut Sapphire; elegantly wrappers in a silver spiral (Representative of 3,000 gp) Satisfied that this would meet Maika's requirements she sets it in her pack and goes looking for the rest of the group.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Uliaza and Adol,

With a sigh, the madam allows Adol and Uliaza to get past her, and leads them up to the count's room. With a light knock, she announces the pair of heroes by softly saying, "Count Serano, there is someone here to see you," before opening the door to reveal a softly-lit room with the corpulent, sweaty figure of the mayor asleep - but waking up - on a massage table in the center of the room.

Rubbing his eyes and sitting up as the madam ushers Adol and Uliaza into the room, the mayor groggily says, "I didn't order a man... what do you want? Spit it out quickly or go."

What do you want to ask him about?

Maika,

The young woman behind the counter perks up when Maika mentions that she should be known. She consults a book for a moment before she says, "Oh! You must be the Purveyor of Miracles! I'm sorry, I'm new here, I'm still getting used to everything." She seems a little flustered, and brushes hair from her face in a nervous gesture. "A temple was attacked? OK - Here," she says, and hands Maika a form marked I-47730b. "Fill out the incident report with all of rthe details that you can recall, and we will assign a task force according to the need. Please refer to Page 3 for payment options. If the liability is yours rather than ours, you will need to be billed. I believe you have an account with us already, so the bill will be placed with the account."

Please fill out all of the details that you wish to share with the Bank. Afterwards, you will return to Golarion with a team.

Calxakti,

Calxakti connects to entities beyond time, those connected to the flow of prophesy and events as they might come, and asks his questions.

Are the sacrifices connected to the dragon which ravaged this town? "Not directly."

Are they meant to ward off the beast, or draw it here? "Neither."

2/14 questions used.

Alithea,

Alithea is easily able to blink into the bank where their battle was fought. Once there, she looks around for a few minutes and finds bits of skin and hair once attached to Eldran Tath.

Rirsa, you have to be more specific. Where are you going?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza takes a few steps forward and bows, using her hanging hair to hide the disgusted look on her face. "Count Serano, we are here on business. Me and my friend here, Adol Cristin, paladin of some renown, represent a group of individuals seeking to slay the dread wyrm Horranth, that is plaguing your town. We apologize at interrupting your time of relaxation, but we considered it of utmost importance to speak to you about the matter."


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Upon finding the remnants of Eldran's person, Alithea pulls out her book and memorizes Scrying. Pulling a mirror out of her Haversack, Alithea lays the mirror on the ground and begins casting Scrying on Eldran, empowering the spell, keeping the image of Eldran in her mind, projecting the image into the mirror.

Scrying DC = 10 + 9 INT + 2 Potent Magic = 21 Will, -10 to Eldran's save from his remnants.

Bookkeeping:

-3 Reservoir (Dimensional Slide last post, Quick Study, and Potent Spell)
+5 Reservoir Consume Spells
-1 Consume Spells daily use (5th level slot)


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

In Axis

Maika calmly began filling out the form, adding what details she knew of the incident. The church had been under attack before she'd gotten there, and she hadn't been under contract to defend the place, so protecting its own things was the church's responsibility. That was why Maika didn't particularly hesitate to tell them what she thought they should do... or to give them the bill for it. (Not that inner-faith casting services usually got charged, even in Abadar's place. Spells cast for the direct benefit of one's religious organization weren't the same as spells sold for profit, and more than just about anyone else, Maika was aware of the differences.) "There we go." Maika said as she finished a few moments later. "Now, let's get that team."

401 to 450 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.