A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


501 to 548 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Rocks Fall; You Die!

Uliaza:
Your intuition appears to be right. The Count hurries home, with Uliaza following him. Once he gets there, he gets his family together and orders a carriage from one of his servants. He retains the services of two of the guards and orders people to pack for him. In about an hour, he is packed, and despite his family's slight protests he and they and their two guards climb into the carriage, and they ride away out of the south gate.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol, who had been thinking in silence for a while, suddenly gasps. "Wait, I think I do know!" he suddenly exclaimes, then pauzes. "But he should be long gone, so... no, he's undead- I guess it could be possible, but why him...?"

He sighs, then sheepishly looks away. "Let me start over. I owe you all an apology. I might know who Eldran is, if it's the actual Eldran Tath. He was the crown prince who ruled the nation of Taldor from the city of Talamir, hundreds of years ago. As part of the royal family, I figured the name 'Eldran' was passed on through the generations, and that it meant nothing. But an actually powerful individual with the exact same surname, in this region? Since he's undead, he could have any age. It could very well be that exact same prince."

"Of course, that doesn't explain why he turned up here, or why he did this..." he continues, gesturing over the damaged area and the stains of blood on the floor and carpets. Adol then closes his eyes and mentally goes over everything he knows from the era of Tath's rule, pacing a few steps back and forth as he does.

knowledge: culture: Does Adol know anything more regarding the Eldran Tath from then, assuming it is the same person who fought us? And what is the current state of Talamir/what happened to it so that it is no longer the capital?: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (15) + 27 = 42

"About the information from the vault... is there anything in there that is stated to belong to Eldran Tath, either from recently or from a few hundread years ago, when he was the crown prince?" Adol muses as he thinks. "Anyone else have any ideas? I'm trying to come up with something that might help us catch him, but I'm not a banker. Maybe you have some advice for us, Rory? What kind of information can be learned from the records that you think might help us learn something about Eldran Tath or what he wants, if any? Are there any truly unusual transactions stated somewhere, preferably from around his reigning era or from around the founding of this church? Or failing that... is there anything of unusual power, value or uniqueness inside the vault, something that shouldn't have been present in a village like this? I promise we won't take anything - I ask only so that we know."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

I just want to clarify (something I should have done much sooner) that Dalaston has 3,500 inhabitants. By Pathfinder size categories, it is a Large town.

Rory's mouth presses into a small line. "I'm not actually permitted to disclose the contents of any of the bank's safety deposit boxes, vaults, or safes. Whether or not anything of 'unusual power or value' may be stored here is therefore not your right to know," he says. He thinks anyway, leafing through the ledger. "I don't believe that Dalaston is that old, though. Looking through the records, it looks as though a Bank of Abadar has only been in the town for... hmm, one hundred and thirty one years. No way records exist from Talamir's time. There are no accounts in the name of Eldran Tath. I'm just not sure what else there could be."

As for any more about Eldran Tath... it's not exactly detailed knowledge. Adol doesn't remember much about him or his life, although he does know that no city called Talamir exists now. He remembers where (approximately, on a map) Talamir was, in the mountains to the east, given his study of old historical texts, but no new information regarding the dead Prince Tath jumps to mind. Human information tends to get lost, but perhaps magic could find it?


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nods. "All right, thanks anyway, Rory. I understand that you should follow your church's teachings and instructions."

"I'm afraid I don't have anything else, he says to the others. "I know Eldran was once the crown prince of Taldor and ruled from Talamir. Rumors say it was around here. What happened to it, I'm not sure," he takes out his chronicle, which is large enough to be considered a tome (though the weight doesn't bother him in the slightest), quickly flips through it and points to specific site on a drawn map of the region. "That's all I can do. The rest is up to you, Alithea, Rirsa and Maika. I hope your referenced magical effects can fill in the rest."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Legend Lore'ing: 1d4 ⇒ 3 So, 30 minutes of casting. Feel free to chat and do other things while I'm doing this. XD

Armed with a significant amount of information, Maika was ready to begin what she did best - obtaining information on subjects. With that, she took out a small item and spun around, creating a magical circle on the floor that she quickly filled in with runes to help collect and control the power. Then she placed a palm down and reached into the well of mystical power within her - not merely magic, but the greater power that set her apart from others and had even led to a small number worshiping her and receiving deific power in return.

Technically, Psychic Overload just says that I can cast any psychic spell on my list as a standard action, but I'm choosing to interpret that as not allowing me to quick-cast spells with long cast times. XD Uuuuunless you'd rather I did, in which case let's target him directly instead of trying to gain lore about the actions here - the site of a deed by a probably-legendary figure.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"The fact that Eldran was once a prince of Taldor is interesting, and we know a location from which he ruled. That's certainly interesting." Alithea mused. "I'd have to find some old maps, but perhaps if I knew where this Talamir was and what it might have looked like, I could learn a lot more, but it would be a time consuming process, and would likely involve a trip to Oppara to find the kind of maps I seek. It would likely exhaust most of my resources for the day. Let's see what Maika's divination discerns first." Alithea was starting to feel the nag to go do something, but patience was a well-honed virtue for the woman. Instead, she pulled out her notebook, and began to jot down notes.

Looking around the bank, she noted Ulliaza's absence, then turned to Adol, "Was Ulliaza not with you? Do you know where she is?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Alithea, the Unraveling Eye wrote:

"The fact that Eldran was once a prince of Taldor is interesting, and we know a location from which he ruled. That's certainly interesting." Alithea mused. "I'd have to find some old maps, but perhaps if I knew where this Talamir was and what it might have looked like, I could learn a lot more, but it would be a time consuming process, and would likely involve a trip to Oppara to find the kind of maps I seek. It would likely exhaust most of my resources for the day. Let's see what Maika's divination discerns first." Alithea was starting to feel the nag to go do something, but patience was a well-honed virtue for the woman. Instead, she pulled out her notebook, and began to jot down notes.

Looking around the bank, she noted Ulliaza's absence, then turned to Adol, "Was Ulliaza not with you? Do you know where she is?"

"I agree. As i said earlier, I think a lot can be gained by a visit to Oppara in general. I'm sure someone can help us get back from there for free to conserve resources. After we arrive, we could inform the Crown, the Society, ask permission to search the archives, maybe ask for troops able to defend the village if we need to leave in search of Eldran or the dragon. Maybe even report the Count for what is he has done. I wasn't planning on doing this until he showed his true colours; I do genuinely feel as if the civilans would be better off ruled by virtually anyone else. But that will all take quite a bit of time."

"On Ulliaza, she stayed behind to talk with the Count alone... I think," he answers. "She suddenly disappeared during the conversation. I'd normally be worried about leaving anyone alone with a man like him, but given how she led a revolt in the darklands I'm sure she can handle herself, if not just go invisible whenever she wants. She could be anywhere... even right behind me."

He hesitantly looks over his shoulder. "You're not actually behind me, are you...?" he asks the empty chamber behind him, peering around.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa watches Adol turn around nervously and lightly smiles; a prank begins to form in her mind. Mental note: Learn or gain a wand of ventriloquism...

No; she's in front of you- can't you see her? Rirsa puts on her most serious face; but quickly giggles- giving the truth away.

I don't think Ulliazza would hide from us unless she was pulling a prank; and since I'm reasonably certain you're expecting one - I feel she is unlikely to pull one on you. She is probably just asking the count some questions; wherever he went off to hide from the populace... Where did you find the man; anyway?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza lets out a small sigh and shakes her head, about what she expected... didn't make it any less pathetic. Grumbling slightly to herself, she walks back to the church, letting herself slip back into sight with a whistle. Walking in the front door, she looks around and raises a hand. "I'm baaaack. Do you all want the good news or the bad news first? Because I've got a bit of both."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol smiles at Rirsa's antics and would have answered her, if not for Ulliaza suddenly entering the scene. "Is the good news something among the lines of the count tripping over his second chin and knocking himself out for the next few days?" Adol dryly asks the friendly neighborhood Drow.

"If you must know, Rirsa, we found the Count hiding in a brothel," he then adds to her. "Let's say I'm glad no one else had to suffer the sight of him clad in only half his undergarments. Somehow I always encounter such horrors whenever I am forced into such an establishment... at times, I wonder if there is some kind of curse on me."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She gives Adol a blank look. "If you don't want to see overgrown men half naked, don't go into brothels." Shaking a head and mumbling to herself, she claps her hands. "No, bad news, I couldn't get anything out of the man. After you basically tried blackmailing him to helping us with the threat of the crown going after his head, he kept his lips sealed tighter than Abadar's own vault. The good news, is that we don't have to worry about him getting into our way. He got his family, a few guards, and fled the town to who knows where."


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I had not planned to spend long in Oppara, even if I did go. It would only be get map of this Talamir, both its location and its layout. If I could go there, I would undoubtedly be able to learn much about Eldran. I could do something similar here, but it comes at a sizable price, and I'm not sure Eldran did much here beyond the ritual."

Now with most of the group reunited, Alithea brought the question foremost in her mind to the group. "Before we spend more time speculating on plans, the day has gone on quite a bit. Do we wish to spend the rest of our time tracking down more information on Eldran, or do we wish to search for him in the mines and set off another battle? That will ultimately decide they best way to use what ability I have left for the day."


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

"Can we kill Eldran Tath with the means we have available?"

"Does the dragon intend to return within the next three days?"

"Is there a reason that both Tath and the dragon are drawn to Dalaston?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I'd like to gain more allies out of this; but it appears we have burned both of the obvious bridges- more information on Eldran will be advantageous- especially as to how we might defeat him. Our enemies gather while we wait- but we can do little about that without a more permanent solution for the challenge at hand. Rirsa nods to emphasize; almost as if she was arguing with herself on the matter. My vote is for research; for diplomacy has failed us- and to leave him alone does no one any good...


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Saint Ulliaza wrote:
She gives Adol a blank look. "If you don't want to see overgrown men half naked, don't go into brothels." Shaking a head and mumbling to herself, she claps her hands. "No, bad news, I couldn't get anything out of the man. After you basically tried blackmailing him to helping us with the threat of the crown going after his head, he kept his lips sealed tighter than Abadar's own vault. The good news, is that we don't have to worry about him getting into our way. He got his family, a few guards, and fled the town to who knows where."

"That's not what I mean... anyway, I stated the truth to him, then offered to help him at a price. That he viewed the truth as threatening is something I can understand, but it is only so because he made a huge mess of things for himself. Given what we knew of him, I figured that the prospect of losing everything would be severe enough to work with us and change his ways. But I see now that it was not; he still doesn't care one bit about anyone here and still hides from his duties, just outside the village. He'll probably also never take any responsibility for the children he asked to be given to Eldran simply because he was spineless and didn't take a single action to remedy things. To me, all this very clearly states his actual character and I can no longer view him as simply a victim of cicumstance nor overlook his role in the suffering that was inflicted on his people. If there was some good in him, he'd at least have told us eveything he knew. Maybe you can argue that it is not my place to care about what happens to his subjects under that kind of person, but I do. It's simply who I am. I don't think Estivas would have done different."

He rubs his temples for a moment. "But if he is away, those concerns can wait for later. I remembered who Eldran was a few centuries ago, and Maika is trying to divine more information on him. Now what was that about a mine?" he asks, turning to Alithea. "Do we actually know exactly where he is hiding at the moment? If so, i'd say we go there now. If not, I'd recommend teleporting to Oppara to search more information and gain more allies. Allies with actual power who do care about the people here."

knowledge geography/history: is there more than one mine in the direct neighborhood?: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Alithea starts to speak, but immediately cuts herself off and shakes her head. After a moment she responds to Adol's question.

"I know he's in an area of unworked stone, and that there are several more bloodless around him. This town used to have mines, so it seems the most obvious conclusion, but I do not know exactly where he is, and we know he's a potent mage, so he could be much further still." Alithea informs the newly returned about what her scrying picked up. "He was on some kind of wooden machine, and her appeared to be communicating with... some kind of mist? It was strange, but the machinery along with the bloodless makes me think he's been building something around here and is still around town."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"I suppose that makes sense. If he was building something in a mine here, it would give the dragon a possible reason to attack a mine too, which he has done. If he did it in secret, the villagers wouldn't know why the dragon came there, either."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

"Can we kill Eldran Tath with the means we have available?" "Yes."

"Does the dragon intend to return within the next three days?" "Yes."

"Is there a reason that both Tath and the dragon are drawn to Dalaston?" "Yes."

Maika:
Visions come to Maika's mind as she completes the casting of her spell.

A glorious, beautiful city of white marble and happy, wealthy people stands on a mountaintop. A proud, young, living Eldran Tath stands before his people and swears to them that he will keep them safe for all time. Then: Death. Maika sees the city in flames. Burning, screaming people stagger their last few steps before collapsing. The city's towers have collapsed. A flow of silvery-purple energy flows from every corpse into the air. Maika catches a glimpse of a purple-black stone absorbing all of the energy. A monstrous red creature stands on the top of a ruined stone building. Below, Eldran's face can be seen one last time, his features locked into a grimace of frustration and defiance before he is annihilated by a wave of black-red flames.

@Adol, for the sake of simplicity I will say there is only one major mine in the area.

Book keeping: Maika spends 4 MP to cast legend lore.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza shrugged nonchalantly, even as she turned to look at Alithea. "Oh I know full and well that guy was the not a good man. Never tried saying he was. I'm just saying that when dealing with skittish scum that have proven to be unreliable, it's best to not do anything that might frighten then..."

Nodding along, she glanced at the stone underneath her feet. "The minds would also be perfect place to hide something like that from a dragon. Unless he can squeeze into tight tunnels, or take on a form capable of doing so, what can he do? Smash up the entrance? Doesn't matter to the undead."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"All right. I suppose that could have been handled better, yes. When he seemed to panic when we told him we knew the truth about Eldran, I thought I recognized a weakness and tried to go for it. But interrogation unfortunately isn't as simple as fencing, and I'll admit I have a lot to learn," Adol answers, sitting back down, and taking another look at the local map. "By the way, Ulliaza, I forgot to ask this, but did you catch the mayor telling us any lies? it might not matter at this point, but I am curious."

"That said... regarding the mine, I'm pretty sure there is only one major one in the direct vicinity, which is why it doesn't have a special name. 'Dalaston's mine' is the only indication on the map. However... now that I think about it, if we go in there, and we arrange for nothing in the meantime, what happens to the town if the dragon attacks while we're out there? Whatever very questionable defense Eldran offered to the town is now absent. Essentially, the defense of this place against such massive threats is currently sorely our responsibility. That's why, if possible, I'd like to request aid from Oppara before we set out."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

*Marks off the extra uses of MP*

That had taken more out of her than she'd expected... but she'd managed to get valuable information out of it. As her search for lore finished, Maika opened her eyes and allowed them to readjust to the real world and bring it back into focus. "Pretty sure the dragon's the main threat." she said as she glanced around what remained of the temple. "Eldran Tath failed in his original quest to keep the people of this town safe. There was a gem, too - likely heavily enchanted, and quite possibly still in the dragon's possession. It seemed to be absorbing power - or perhaps souls - from the slain."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Could he be attempting to bring his people back then? That would give his "Saving them" line some context. But is it just his people he's after; or the land itself? Rirsa thinks for a moment; shutting her eyes and thinking back to Eldran's ranting... Could his ire be the Dragon? If it is; the Dragon should be our target- for ending him will end Eldran.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Are you sure it was this town, Maika, and not Talamir, the town he ruled over? What exactly did you see?" Adol asks her. "If the dragon destroyed his original town, I guess it makes sense for Eldran to want to destroy it. But then we get back to questions like: how did Eldran know the dragon would attack this village, since he arrived first? And how did he go from a supposedly noble figure to... well, this? What did he promise to protect his his people from, and how? " he wonders.

"Regardless, if the town in Maika's visage was Talamir and the dragon was Horronath, that raises an interesting point. Some of you were here when the dragon attacked last, correct? Did you happen to see in which direction the dragon left, or from which direction it came? If either of those is northeast, where Talamir used to be, there is a good chance the dragon's actual lair is on or near the site of where that town once was," Adol ponders, then marks the letters 'DRAGON LAIR??' and a circle around them near the presumed site of the once-capital of Taldor.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"Towns can change a lot over time. That wasn't specifically revealed." Maika noted. "Legend Lore is a strange spell that way. As for knowing how the dragon would be here... they've sacrificed many to the dragon over the years, yes? Some good research could have revealed that. And I did not like the color of its breath - black and red flames suggests negative energy along with the flames, and guarding against two powers in a dragon's breath is rather harder than guarding against one."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Maika, Seller of Miracles wrote:
"Towns can change a lot over time. That wasn't specifically revealed." Maika noted. "Legend Lore is a strange spell that way. As for knowing how the dragon would be here... they've sacrificed many to the dragon over the years, yes? Some good research could have revealed that. And I did not like the color of its breath - black and red flames suggests negative energy along with the flames, and guarding against two powers in a dragon's breath is rather harder than guarding against one."

"So... there was nothing to identify our current location as different from what you saw? What about the surrounding landscape? Where was the town you saw situated? A town or city can easily be destroyed, but changing the entire surrounding natural layout in a few centuries is a lot less easy. And... did the dragon have that blackish-fired breath when he attacked the village earlier today?" Adol asks Maika and the ones present during the dragon attack earlier today.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza sighs and nods. "It definitely had regular flames tinged in black during the attack. As for what direction it went, I cannot tell you. I was too busy trying to clear people out of burning buildings at the time."


Rocks Fall; You Die!

So, I've seen a couple of plans put forward, and I'd like to see you guys focus on actually executing those things, so I'll ask a couple of clarifying questions.

Alithea's divination is interpreted as that Eldran is in the mine. Are you guys interested in pursuing him, and what goals are you looking for?

Maika's divination is interpreted as that the dragon is the #1 threat, and Rirsa brought up that killing it will get rid of Eldran. Who is interested in pursuing the dragon first, and what methods are you using to find its lair?

Adol and Alithea have brought up visiting Oppara, to bring in proper authorities and to visit libraries or cartographers to find more geographical information. Who wants to do that, how are you going to reach that location, and what specific information are you looking for?


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

I'll add my detailed thoughts to the discussion thread to keep OOC discussion out of here. In short, IMO, both the dragon and Eldran represent an unknown amount of danger (Eldran due to whatever he seems to be constructing, if we're in bad luck, he's making a second soul-sucking device of his own to fight the dragon's at the cost of the village) and going after either opens up the village to attacks from the other one. Unless the party splits up, which I think is a bad idea. Therefore I would vote for getting the local authorities involved and hopefully having a semblance of defense in place for when we move out. This would require someone using one teleport to get (part of?) the party over there. I'm convinced either the pathfinder society or the crown will help us get back.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol looks through the window, sees the result of time going by and realizes again that the party was on a clock until disaster struck. "It's getting late, and we're at another crossroad. We can either stay here, which doesn't accomplish much on its own, go for Eldran or the Dragon directly with what we have, or get help for more information and to defend the village in our absense first. Personally I vote for at least some of us go to the Crown to get this help, but to do this reasonably quickly someone would have to teleport us to Oppara. Who supports this, is anyone among you willing to to go the capitol city, and able to use teleportation magic to get there for free? Or alternatively, able to pay Maika to have it cast for us? I can only do this once per day, and I already used mine to get here. I also do not have the gold on me at the moment to afford such a cast."

He then takes out his chronicle and starts writing something on a blank page near the back. "Unfortunately, while I have allies in Oppara who could help us, my Code prevents me from leaving the town unguarded. If we all go there, I will stay behind to protect these people unless someone else volounteers to lead the defense in my stead. If I remain behind, I will send a letter along with the team going there, and try to find a trail that could help in locating the dragon. If the dragon has access to such a powerful necrotic artefact, capable of attacking an entire city, there might be a trail of dead vegetation to follow."

Adol starts writing a letter adressed to the local authorities in Oppara. Unless someone else volounteers to defend the village during the party's absense (assuming at least part of the party goes to Oppara), he will stay behind to guard it while additional aid is secured. He is of course open to what the majority vote decides.


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I've little interest in dealing with the nobles of Oppara. I plan to spend as little time as possible in the city and be back within a few hours' time. If anyone else would like to do it, they're certainly welcome. I'll take whoever would like to go, if they think we can learn more about Horronath by joining, or if you have valuable shopping. Is anyone else staying behind to notify those who left if either Eldran or Horronath show up again?" Alithea asks the crowd as she steps away from the group.

"If you have business in Oppara, this way please."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She glances at the group and rubs her chin for a few moments, before shaking her head. "I'm no good in libraries, and I've got no magic for figuring this sort of thing out. I'll stay behind to at least provide a distraction in case the dragon or Eldran comes rearing their ugly mugs."


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti, having finished his seance, feels his mind return to himself, at least as much as it can for the mad old man. He makes his way to where the group has met, able to navigate surprisingly well despite his blindness.

Once they begin sharing opinions on going to Oppara, Cal relays the information he learned, critically that the dragon intends to return within the next three days. He then says, ”I shall stay here, as well. If Horronath is to return, I would prefer to be here when he arrives. Ildemni the Far-Seer knew her foes actions, but faltered when Ubdan needed her most.”


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"Ah, welcome back, sir Calxakti. Was your search succesful?" Adol asks, looking up from his book, after which he quickly fills him on on what the party learned in the meantime.

"Okay... So Ulliaza and Calxakti are staying behind, Alithea is going, and I am probably best used going if the defense team we leave behind is strong enough not to need me, as I could then use my local connections," he then summarizes. "Maika and Rirsa, what are your preferences?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I will stay here; as I don't have the time to do the required research for strategic shopping... Also I lack the connections Adol has; and it may be best if he is there. Rirsa Starts to mentally go through her available Manuevers and Spells preparing just in case...

I'm going to go through and switch around my Readied manuevers and come up with a defensive strategy and planned retreat if necessary.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol exchanges a glance with Calxakti, Ulliaza and Rirsa, then nods and puts away his quill. "Okay. I'll leave the defense of the village to you all. Be careful. I agree with Ulliaza that it's probably best to have some diversion in place if the dragon attacks rather than meeting it head on without a full group. With some luck, I'll be back with reinforcements in only a few hours of time."

He then walks after Alithea, ready to move on. "Are you coming with us, Maika? Or are you staying here to aid in the defense?"


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"I plan to remain here as well." Maika said thoughtfully. "Should the dragon attack, great power will be needed to repel it - and seize its treasure, forfeit to those who slay it as the traditional reward from nations. The more force that can be brought to bear against it, the better."


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

Alithea touches Adol and begins casting to take them off to Oppara, near the Senate's Hill. The area is more memorable than most of the city, and Adol sought to go there.

Teleport: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Once in Oppara, Alithea set out to find a local library or cartographer that might have the old maps with Talamir available.

Know: Local: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (14) + 28 = 42


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Upon arriving in Oppara, Adol is about to suggest obtaining permission to use the royal Library in the castle, but finds himself already alone. He blinks once, twice, still no goddess of magic. "Was it something I said?" he wonders, then shrugs and heads for the Pathfinder Lodge by the quickest possible route, which is probably by air.

Upon reaching the Capital's lodge, he introduces himself to the guards (if they don't recognize him already), shows his wayfinder and chronicle, and asks to speak to the local venture captain about an emergency. If pressed for details, he says that he needs to talk to the local leadership first, ensures it cannot wait until later and that many lives are at stake.

On Adol's standing with the pathfinder society, for Divinity:

Adol became a venture captain in the past after dealing with a traitor who was out to kill decemverate members, succesfully stopping him after about 3 kills. He is an agent on the short list to call on for the Society, whenever things go really, really bad - emerging Runelord levels of bad. While he was a bit of a joke earlier in his career for being extremely gullible, which was abused by many of his peers for fun, he has since steadily performed very impressive, almost logic-defying takedowns of extremely dangerous targets. On the flip side, he was almost immediately forced to drop most of his Pathfinder tasks when he suddenly became Regent of Arl shortly after dealing with the traitor. And it's probably known to some degree that he was also exiled from the order of Iomedae not too long ago. I'd like to think he is still in good standing with most of the society, but to what degree his fame and/or missteps extend is up to you, of course.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She lets out a small sigh once they're gone, reaching her hands to the small of her back and stretching. "Alright everyone, we've got I don't know how long to get everything here sorted out before Pally-Boy gets back and potentially ruins negotiations! I'm thinking we go find whoever functions as this town's Captain of the Guard and explain the situation to them, what you all think?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Very well; I was just thinking about that - however there is a very good probably that the Guard Captain is either dead or went with the Count. But we might as well see for ourselves what the guard is capable of doing in a crisis. Also; why Pally-boy? Rirsa asks; referring to Adol's nickname.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

She waves for Rirsa to follow and rolls her eyes a little before giving her a cheeky grin. "Because I find it funny, and he acts like a boy playing at a being a hero more often than not. You've got to have noticed it at least a bit, right?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I suppose; but I was personally thinking of calling him Little Paladin. It would hit home a lot more in that regard- if your goal is to get him to think about what he is doing... Rirsa moves toward the door and waits for Ulliazza I think we should talk more on the way- we should take advantage of what little time we may have. Does anyone else want to tag along?


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Shaking her head, she stopped at her side to glance back to watch if anyone else were wanting to come with. "Nah, I think referring to him as 'boy' works better. Gives me a viable excuse of just being older than him to work with as well. Feel free to call him that yourself though! Multiple nicknames are always fun." She shoots Rirsa a cheeky grin before tucking her hands behind her back, starting to hum while she waits for anyone to speak up.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I believe we do him a disservice by speaking further while he is not present. Rirsa stops herself before she starts to actually gossip. Sharing opinions are one thing; But I shall not start rumors

Besides; I know little as to why he is the way he is... So I shall not pass judgement upon him. On to other matters; what's your plan for the Dragon; assuming he shows up before the others go back? Mine is to have the guard evacuate the citizens while we draw its attention.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Laughing a little bit, she shook her head. "I'd say you act more like a saint than I do, and I am LITERALLY a saint... But anyway. I don't think evacuating the citizens from their homes en mass would be a good thing. It's a dragon, crowded streets would just be the perfect place to strafe with a breath weapon. I'm thinking... some kind of alarm that when sounded, tells everyone to get into their cellars. Put as many layers of stone and wood between themselves and dragon fire, you know?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Would that not that burn and suffocate them? I mean the homes here are made of wood; after all; and even if we could treat them with something to reduce the power of flame over it- there is still the darker aspect of Hornath's breathing. I think we will need to find somewhere for them to hide then.

@DM Divinity: have you mentioned what the Count's home is made out of? Also does it look large enough to hold at least some of the townsfolk; preferably in the basement (assuming there is one)?


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Age is... relative. Maika thought. This was not metaphorical - the flow of time could vary between the planes, so actually determining proper, relative ages was a difficult prospect at best. "Deep stone is usually enough. It won't last against concentrated dragonfire, but a few feet should protect against any glancing blasts. Has anyone seen any likely locations for large vaults here? We can always make some if we have the time, too..."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza shrugged lightly and rubbed the back of her neck. "I haven't, and above ground work isn't my forte per say. Can you really blame a drow for their first instinct to be safe to get underground?"

501 to 548 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.