A Grim Moon Looms ; A Young Pantheon Grows (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

Several young divinities gather together into a new pantheon, combining their strengths towards common goals. Together, they forge their sparks into the stuff of true gods.

Battlemap


51 to 100 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"Do not be mad at them, Alithea said, placing an arm on Ulliaza's shoulder. It's unsavory, but looking at this town, do you think there is anybody who could challenge that dragon? Is killing everyone in a blaze of glory better than this whole town living? They understand their tools and understand their foe, and came to the correct conclusion."

She then turns around, pulling her spellbook out. "I believe we'll be able to do something about that dragon, but first we must tend to the town. There was mention of collecting new sacrifices, we best stave that off first. There is also the opportunity to help with rebuilding, perhaps we can learn more about this other source of magic. It's not impossible that it's a coincidence, but it warrants investigation."

Looking back to Maika, per Ulliaza's call to action, "You seem quite competent yourself, are you interested in helping rid the area of this elder dragon?"

I'm saying elder to avoid calling out a specific game-mechanics age category for the dragon.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

”A prophet of prophecy of course. Or, perhaps, it is what I once was. I served the people of Razatlan as a soothsayer before Aroden’s demise. After that though...”

He is quiet for a time, as if remembering an event he would’ve rather forgotten.

”You refer to how I speak, like the Trumpeter of Arlwyn above the Peaks of Summer. I speak of the countless broken visions of things to come, the never-truths left when the Last of the First died. I am sad to say, young Adol, that it might be impossible for you to learn all of the prophecies I once knew. Indeed, I cannot quite remember them all. Perhaps the people of your Akiton would be better off without them. It is, at least, my burden to carry.”

He smiles at Adol, ”Another prophet you say? The Twin Prophets of Yulla will meet, and the skies shall tremble before their radiance. That may have been what I foresaw of you. No, they met centuries ago. I am certain you were once foretold. However you may have been, it is good to meet another Prophet.”


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza grumbles, before sighing and nodding a long. "I'm not entirely sure if it was the people who decided that or the governor, but whatever. WE'RE here now, and we aren't gonna let it continue. Stopping those sacrifices is something we gotta do, but I'm not one hundred percent on helping them rebuild. At least not until the dragon has been dealt with. We don't know when it'll return, and it'd be a shame for the reconstruction to simply be burnt again in dragon fire."

She glances around the crowd and grins over at Alithea. "You're lucky to have me with you then! I know how to get information, that's for damn sure. While I'm at it, I can see if we've got anyone else powerful enough to take on a dragon in town. Get ourselves a hunting party and take that beast OUT!" She shouts the last word and throws a fist into the air with a grin.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika considered Alithea's offer for a few moments. "If you're interested in hiring me, then yes. I am not currently under contract, so my full services are available to any bidder. I accept cash of all valid denominations, jewels and similar valuables, loans, and credit, and I will consider alternative funding options proposed. Please note that all loans and use of credit for my services are automatically backed and recorded by the Bank of Abadar and any requests for such create a binding legal contract that will be enforced." Her teachings were very emphatic about the need to be up-front about her position. That, and she didn't care much how she was paid as long as she eventually was. She was willing to be quite flexible on that point.

"I offer per spell and per day rates, and should you or any of your companions care to open an account and invest items of value, I can provide wizard and cleric spells up to the seventh level, including resurrection, regeneration, or reincarnation, so long as those spells either affect you, protect you, or harm something you designate as a target. Please note that I must have prior authorization to spend value from your account when creating magical effects - while the final decision is always yours, I do have an authorization you may read aloud if you wish to leave it to my discretion."

Hiring per day can be assumed to be done through anyone's church or organization, and doesn't actually need to come out of your pocket. XD It's mostly just personal background stuff that we can handwave. Transacted Miracles require funds in your accounts, so those do need investment.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Calxakti wrote:

”A prophet of prophecy of course. Or, perhaps, it is what I once was. I served the people of Razatlan as a soothsayer before Aroden’s demise. After that though...”

He is quiet for a time, as if remembering an event he would’ve rather forgotten.

”You refer to how I speak, like the Trumpeter of Arlwyn above the Peaks of Summer. I speak of the countless broken visions of things to come, the never-truths left when the Last of the First died. I am sad to say, young Adol, that it might be impossible for you to learn all of the prophecies I once knew. Indeed, I cannot quite remember them all. Perhaps the people of your Akiton would be better off without them. It is, at least, my burden to carry.”

He smiles at Adol, ”Another prophet you say? The Twin Prophets of Yulla will meet, and the skies shall tremble before their radiance. That may have been what I foresaw of you. No, they met centuries ago. I am certain you were once foretold. However you may have been, it is good to meet another Prophet.”

Adol frowns deeply, taking this in. "I see..."

bluff pretending to understand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

"Well, is it good to meet you as well, Sir Calxakti. Let us see what aid we can bring to these people. Surely there was once a prophecy about two lone travelers arriving in a beleaguered city, which we can now fulfill for the better. Speaking of which..."

He arrived at the edge of the debris. "We should find out what we can first. The town bell was rung; we can probably find most of the civilians near it. And just in case-" He placed his hand on his sheathed Falcata. "Stay close behind me."

He began his foray into the settlement, intent on reaching the town square.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I kinda want to assume that Rirsa's in earshot of the three of them; if that's ok

Carie; I'm going to need you stay here while I take care this city's dilemma... She steps towards the group of three people discussing dragon slaying I'm willing to help A light brown haired girl who looks like they should still be at home steps up; her boots purposefully making sounds as to be noticed; she stands five foot seven and walks with measured confidence. If you'd have me come along. I'm Rirsa of House Loldan- She bows It is nice to meet more fellow travelers in this place.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

I am making a slight assumption that Adol meets the same undead guard the others did upon entering, to save some time.

"Transit is not permitted outside of the city," she says. "Though you may enter."

Something about her appearance put Adol on edge, be it the milky white eyes and pale skin, the huge scythe in her hands or her lack of breathing and blinking eyes.

know religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Ah, of course. An undead. He had seen many of them during his travels, even if this one seemed different somehow. Still. as a former paladin of Iomedae, his immediate instinct was to smite this monstrosity where it stood.

Yet again still, he was reminded of the words of his good friend, Bairan the necromancer, who had once helpfully explained to him that necromancy wasn't in fact an inherently evil act, and that some necromancers simply let the restless dead out for walks every now and then. Which, Adol supposed, made sense, considering being buried beneath the ground for an eternity had to be a fairly boring thing, and he would probably appreaciate that same opportunity in their place.
And it did seem like this creature was guarding the town, at least for now. He could appreciate that aspect, at least.

For the moment, he would give this situation the benefit of the doubt, at least until he knew more about what was going on. He liked to think that Estivas was a more... 'open minded' diety than Iomedae. And if something nefarious was indeed at hand, it was better to get closer to the source of it before causing an undue commotion.

"You mean I am trespassing?" Adol asked, worried. "Apologies, I only just arrived here. Thank you for informing me of the local customs, though it does seem a bit wasteful to live out your entire life holed up in this village. There is so much of the world... I mean, many worlds out there to explore!" he blinked, realizing that this creature didn't have much to live for regardless, since it was in fact technically dead. "Ah, apologies. That was careless of me. I will gladly accept your invitation of entering."

To get down to the bottom of this and correct whatever is wrong here.

If the other guards are still there, Adol talks to them in an effort to gather information and calm them down more/boost their spirits, promosing to take care of things. If not and the undead doesn't stop him, he continues his journey to the town square. I will be away for a good part of the day and will be back at fastests in about 8 hours.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Oh, and he prioritizes sticking close to Calxakti, since he wants to be there to protect him should things go south.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Carrie looks around. "Stay where? No, I want to come with you!"

The undead guard appraises Adol carefully. "No. You are not trespassing. The mayor has put a.... curfew. Into effect. None are allowed to leave the city while the disaster is going."

The guardsmen at the front gate shake their heads nervously when Adol approaches them and simply direct all of his inquiries at the undead guards.

Slowly, the people in the town square begin to leave, after they've been ministered to by a medical professional. Some head home, some head to their families to deliver the new, chilling news. Most are crying.

So, what's the first course of action?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti continues along, paying the undead guards little heed beyond briefly stopping to ponder them. He heads into the town and says to Adol, ”Come on, haven’t got all day to find out what’s going on.”

Upon seeing the four others in the town square he says to Adol, ”They might be what is going on.”

With that, he calls out to them, ”Are you the ones that brought the ruin and undead to this town? The Queens of the Corpse Legion of Xothar shall ravage the land, and none shall survive but the Children of Zond.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

If you desire to do so... I will not stop you cousin; just don't pull an assault on the Hydra by yourself again; please. she introduces Carie.

And this my cousin; Carie she's an adventuring tracker and athletics enthusiast. She looks around attentatively Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32 I think it would be wise to discuss it further in private.

Upon hearing an unknown voice; she turns around and spots Calxakti; although she does not know him as such.

I knew not of any undead until you mentioned it; good sir... Her brow furrows for a moment in thought. Carie; was that why you were so apprehensive toward the girl earlier? I should have seen it myself... Guess I'll be baking you some of mom's spiced bread now; assuming that we can find the ingredients on this plane.

She takes a moment to compose herself before speaking.

I seem to be forgetting something; I'm Rirsa Loldan. Honored to make your acquaintance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Ulliaza turns to Rirsa, looks her up and down before getting a large grin. She pumps a fist and takes a few steps forward to grab a hold of a hand and shake it. "I'm personally glad to have anyone we can get on board, that's capable of handling themselves that is! Welcome to our little hunting party!"

Glancing over at Calxakti, she quirks an eyebrow and shakes her head. "The damage was done by a massive scaly beast, locally known as a DRAGON! Were you sleeping under a rock during the attack? Also, there's undead? When in the Nine Hells did the undead get involved?"

A quick glance over at Adol and a huge grin came over her face again. She rushed over and grabbed his hand, giving it a vigorous shake. "A pleasure to meet you pally-boy! I mean, you look like a paladin. Got the whole shiny aesthetic going on. Name's Uliaza, not anything else. Noble house I came from belongs in the depths of the Abyss. You care to help us out on a dragon hunt?"


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol, who'd been glancing in the direction of his male companion with a stunned look, was clearly caught-off gaurd. Yet as if by some sort of unconsiocus reflex, he still instantly returned the handshake, twice as firm.

"A dragon!? I-"

His breath caught as he got a good look at Ulliaza's features up-close.

Perception DC 15:

Despite his mane of red hair and the agates in his teethen crown offering some camouflage, it's fairly easy to see that he's blushing. It is a strange contrast, as both the armor's battle damage and a collection of scars on his otherwise uncommonly handsome features give the impression of someone who has been through absolute hell and back. It is then you also realize that he is much younger than his imposing physique and curious equipment might otherwise suggest; a human male not yet entirely rid of some of his boyish traits, at most in his early twenties.

"A-ah, indeed, well met! My name is Adol, Adol Cristin. It... is an honor and a pleasure to meet an elven maiden as fair as yourself, lady Ulliaza," He bowed deeply. "As your... pally-boy...? I will do my utmost to keep you safe from whatever is ailing this poor village, dragon and undead included."

He glanced over the others. "Of course, the same offer extends to each of you fair women. No harm will come to you if I can help it, nor unjust implications that any of you are somehow responsible for this mess." The last part was directed at the man at his side, after which gaze met Rirsa's. "...Though I suspect you at least do not require any protection. The very air around you brims with potent energy, lady Rirsa, and I can clearly see the practised poise of a swordmaster. क्या आप कोई स्वर्गदूत हैं, किसी भी द्वारा ? असल में, कोई बात नहीं। यह एक मूर्खतापूर्ण सवाल है और जाहिर तौर पर सच है ....”

Language (celestial):

“Are you an angel, by any ch- ? Actually, never mind. It's a silly question and obviously true anyway...”

"I should probably introduce my companion as well. This is sir Calxakti. According to him, the two of us are the twin prophets of Yalla, whom have already met far in the past yet had a second first meeting only moments ago."

Perception/Sense Motive dc 20:

He shot Calxacti a furtive, questioning and pleading look, as if feeling the need to quickly confirm he'd gotten that right.

"And wait, is that you, lady Maika? What are you doing here? Did the village purchase your services as a guardian? I wasn't aware you sold these types of services. Or... have you come here out of the goodness of your heart, for once?”

The celestial language is a google translation in Hindi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

Calxakti returns Adols's stunned look with a wild stare, somehow locking eyes with the man despite his blindness.

Compared to the others, especially Adol, Calxakti is quite out of place. He is a small, withered old man, his bony frame held up by a long, gnarled walking stick. His eyes are blind and cloudy, and his worn, threadbare clothes hand loosely around him. Indeed, it would not be difficult to mistake him for an old vagrant if not for the strange presence he exudes.

"I am, as he says, Calxakti, the Sightless Prophet. I am afraid we are not the Twin Prophets as my young companion says. There are many truths that have failed since the death of Aroden. I do not remember if they were to meet again."

He is quiet for a moment, as if thinking about what he just said before pointing a knobby finger at Ulliaza and saying with increasing intensity, "You speak of a dragon? Do the Scales of Xotek rise from the Ashes of Yil? Or was it Yokolash the Thousand-Winged escaping his labyrinth? Do you know how it was foretold, young lady?"

Before he seems to reach a fever pitch he suddenly exhales sharply and says, "Whatever the case, it seems we have a...shared interest. Six shall meet, upon the ruins of Anguar-Strun, and the reckoning dark will find itself wanting."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"Sir Adol." Maika responded promptly. "My, we seem to have quite the gathering of personages here, don't we?" A faint humming could be heard from her artificial eyes as she looked towards the sky, remembering a tall tower with a moon floating high above it. "Perhaps this is not mere coincidence after all. More than a few have interests on the Cage..." Her voice trailed off slightly, but she shrugged a moment later. She didn't judge other people's objectives very often - as long as people paid what was owed for magic provided, she kept her nose out of morality and objectives. Trust was very important, and she'd spent a long time working to ensure that all figures from all faiths and secular sellers - from the most welcoming to the most paranoid - would feel equally comfortable working with her and her Guild. "I'm afraid the lady here has already received the first offer for my services, but if she declines, I will be available if you'd care for any support here."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

A small grin came over her face as she stared at Adol, quickly letting go of his hand, only to hook an arm around his elbow and hang off of him. "Well well well, it's been ages since I met a paladin that FLIRTS! To be fair, it's been ages since I met a paladin at all. मैं वह क्यों हूं जिसकी आपको रक्षा करनी है? मैं पोटेंशियल एनर्जी के साथ भी बेहतर कर रहा हूं। यदि आप मेरी ड्रिफ्ट को पकड़ सकें!"

Celestial:
"Why am I the one you have to protect? I'm brimming with potent energy as well, if you catch my drift!"

She looks over at Calxakti for a few moments before grinning and leaning back against Adol, pointing her thumb at the blind prophet. "I like this guy. He's fun, you're fun Cal. I'm calling Cal, mostly because your regular name is a mouthful. Anyway, I have no clue what any of that meant, but the dragon's name is Horronath."

Looking over at Maika, she waves a hand at Alithea. "I hope you got the funds, because my cult can't afford something like that. You'd think we'd turn a profit, but apparently there isn't much money in the revolution business."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

"'Six shall meet'? But there are seven of us, Sir Calxakti, " Adol says, pointing towards the woman near Rirsa. "What could this mean for the prophecy you spoke of...? Does it mean that the Dark will not be left wanting and thus arise victorious after all?"

He pondered this a moment, then resolutely shook his head. "No. Not if my diety, lord Estivas, has a say in the matter. And as his instrument of protection, I will not be found wanting. Though... it seems my purse has been found wanting, lady Maika, " he added sheepishly, hoisting a bundle containing at most a couple dozen gold coins. "I should remember to take more with me the next time I leave the palace in Arl... but is there really no chance for you to make an exception? These people are obviously in danger, and would likely offer you some kind of reward, to say nothing of the hoard a dragon this large is likely to have, if you helped them. Do you really require payment up-front even in these circumstances?"

If you feel it is appropriate, I could roll diplomacy


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.
Saint Ulliaza wrote:

A small grin came over her face as she stared at Adol, quickly letting go of his hand, only to hook an arm around his elbow and hang off of him. "Well well well, it's been ages since I met a paladin that FLIRTS! To be fair, it's been ages since I met a paladin at all. मैं वह क्यों हूं जिसकी आपको रक्षा करनी है? मैं पोटेंशियल एनर्जी के साथ भी बेहतर कर रहा हूं। यदि आप मेरी ड्रिफ्ट को पकड़ सकें!"

** spoiler omitted **

She looks over at Calxakti for a few moments before grinning and leaning back against Adol, pointing her thumb at the blind prophet. "I like this guy. He's fun, you're fun Cal. I'm calling Cal, mostly because your regular name is a mouthful."

"F-Flirting? A-ah, no, you mistunderstand, my lady! I was merely being honest; there is no other way to describe your beauty."

Still blushing, he tries to politely disentangle himself. "और मेरा मतलब है कि आपको अपमानित करना नहीं है, यह केवल यह है कि आपके आस-पास अप्राकृतिक प्रकाश की कोई स्पष्ट आभा नहीं है जैसे कि महिला रिर्सा के आसपास है। सच कहा जाए, तो मैं रहस्यमय ऊर्जा का पता लगाने में कभी भी अच्छा नहीं था, सिवाय इसके कि जब यह टकरा जाए। मेरा चेहरा। हम सबसे अधिक निविदा या पुनरावृत्तियां, अर्केन ऊर्जा और मैं, की गरिमा रखने के लिए कभी नहीं झुके," he smiled wistfully, as if remembering some past events. "मैं आपको यह अनुदान दूंगा, हालांकि, आपकी ऊर्जा निश्चित रूप से शक्तिशाली है, महिला उलीजा। मैं पहले से ही इस पूरे काम को कम गंभीर महसूस कर सकता हूं।"

Celestial:

"And I did not mean to offend you; it is merely that there is no obvious aura of unnatural light surrounding you like there is around lady Rirsa. Truth be told, I was never that good in detecting arcane prowess, except when it collided with my face. We never tended to have the most tender or dignified of interactions, Arcane energies and I," he smiled wistfully, as if remembering some past events. "I will grant you this, however, your energy is surely potent, lady Ulliaza. I can already feel this entire ordeal being less dire."

"Yet, Pray tell... the name Ulliaza feels somehow familiar to me. It is as if I've heard it spoken of before..."

knowledge: religion, knowledge: cultures (nobility): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 32

I am unsure if Adol would know something regarding Drow nobility, but his knowledge: nobility/cultures is vastly higher than any of his other knowledges and seems fitting for her backstory.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa looks at him with surprise at being called a swordsmaster; what was more confusing was actually being called an angel... She recovers quickly, however. "मैं कोई फ़रिश्ता नहीं हूँ; हालांकि मैं एक से उतरा हूं।" she replies in Celestial to Adol's query. Seven people against a dragon? I believe that will prove more than sufficient; with the right preperations of course. She stifles a yawn I'm sorry; but I think I'd like to catch up on sleep before hand as well. My journey here has been a long one.

Celestial:
I am no angel; although I am descended from one.

She simply smiles at the young Paladin's blushing and says nothing at his flirting. But she does swirl her light grey cloak around her body... Suddenly self-conscious.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

At Ulliaza’s proclamation of Calxakti being fun the old man chuckles, ”Fun? Can’t say I’ve been termed that since the Flesh Jester tried to steal my face on the eve of Mulra’s Folly.”

Calxakti shrugs and says, ”Six, seven, eight, whay difference does it make. The prophecy has not yet occurred and with things as they are it never might. Now, if you young folks are quite finished with trying to woo each other, I believe there’s a dragon to deal with. There’s a reason that Saalqit the Wymbreaker was called the Wyrmbreaker and not the Flirter.”


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

I was waiting for a few more posts, then took a nap, and the thread exploded. So I'm skipping some of the pleasantries until later

Alithea noted the auras and magic of each figure as they trickled in, this was a strangely potent lot that had gathered that had gathered. At Calaxti's words, Alithea turned to the old man, Your speculations are as dangerous as they are misplaced. Do you seek to anger the townsfolk more than they already are?"[/b]

"An even split of a red dragon's hoad will certainly be enough to satisfy Maika's bill. Especially one as old as this Horronath. He used to terrorize this part of Taldor over 400 years ago, it seems these sacrifices have kept him satied for this time. I'd normally assume this was a lesser dragon trying to trade on Horronath's name, but the size of the beast and vanity of the red dragon line make me think this is truly an old dragon."

She then introduced herself formally to Adol, Calaxti, and Rirsa. "I am Alithea, I am a mage of some repute and I specialize in abjuration and divination. As for protection, Mr. Cristin, it seems everybody here is as strong as you, in their own way, though few of us seem skilled with weapons. Your blade will certainly be invaluable."

After Calaxti's final remarks Alithea adds, "I don't put much stock in prophecy, only what is. Let us focus on that. We should make our intent known and prevent the gathering of new sacrifices. Besides, Ms. Loldan mentioned wishing to rest, and I would not mind preparing for what we now know to be our foe."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Grinning to herself and looking between Rirsa and Adol, she lets go of his arm... only to grab his other arm and drag him over towards Rirsa, putting an arm around her shoulder and draping her other arm over Adol's. "And so, the adventurer's came together on a mighty quest. All that stands in their way shall fall before their might, be it mystical or mundane!"

Laughing to herself and letting the two go, she shifts herself back to Alithea's side. "As for how familiar my name is, it depends on how close you are to the followers of Milani. Or the Darklands, as it's fairly well known down there." Offering a wry grin, she laughs and puts an arm over Alithea's shoulder.

"Anyway, so, who wants to go tell Governor 'I will sate the beasts bloodlust, with actual blood' that we're gonna take care of this little issue?"

Eh, between 32 and a 22, I'd say that's probably high enough to recognize the name for what it's for. Where he learnt about it, I leave it up to you.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa looks slightly unnerved by the sudden; unexpected touch; and is visibly relieved after elven lady lets go...

I Don't think the mayor's 'help' is going to be appreciative of our meddling; we should be prepared.

Rirsa's brow once again furrows; formulating potential attack strategies for both the Dragon and the undead who seem to rapidly becoming a problem. After a moment her brow unfurls; satisfied with her potential solutions and their potential outcomes.

I know I'm ready.


Male Human Oracle 14 |HP 206 | AC 25 T 23 FF 17 CMD 26 | F +13 R +17 W 16 (+2 vs. primal magic) | Init +7 Perc +16

”Might as well help sort this whole situation out. The Fourteen Asps of Wulduk may have manifested above central Arcadia, but fifteen thousand prophecies before it did not go through, and I do not suppose fourteen snakes appearing for as many minutes a hundred feet above the ground would be the one to break that streak.”


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"Enough of a hoard would indeed be enough for the bill for my regular services." Maika said agreeably. "With a bill if the hoard should not cover it, of course - but that would be extremely unusual for dragons, so I don't consider it very likely. Very well - I shall help you end the assailant." With the matter of pay for her regular services satisfied, she seemed quite content. Using her services to get the money to pay her was allowed - they'd still owe her if their plan didn't succeed, but because she didn't require payment for regular services until afterwards, it didn't really matter how they got the money. "For a creature like this, mmm... I think my Disintegrates will be the most helpful. Rainbow Pattern might work..."


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol blinks upon hearing Rirsa's declaration, seeing the midday sun high in the sky. "You are tired, my lady? Forgive mine asking, but how long was this journey and from whereabouts do you hail?"

When Maika speaks, he flinches upon hearing 'disintegrate'. "Please don't mention that vile magic. I understand that you might be forced to use it, but I have lost many friends to a single cast. The... man who used it claimed himself to be a god. I believe he was simply drunk on his own power and thought himself above others. The result was a tragedy," he speaks through gritted teeth, and you have the distinct impression he'd have liked to use more colourful descriptions to describe this person.

spellcraft, DC 23:

From this description, you gather that the spell referred to is instead probably Horrid Wilting, possibly one enhanced by metamagic. Both it and disintegrate turn people to dust, though the prior can do so to many people at once. Adol doesn't seem to know the difference.

"Hold a moment... a god..." he mumbles, then gasps and whirles towards Ulliaza, just as she grabbed his other arm. "W-wait... you are Ulliza? THE Ulliza, from the Petal Trail? But... she is a drow, and dead, and...? "

He is obviously so fixated on this sudden revalation that he doesn't otherwise react towards suddenly being forced into close proximity with both her and Rirsa, and he might have asked more, if not for the admonishing words from both Calxakti and Alithea.

He then takes in the scenery again, with the sounds of crying villagers fresh on the winds. In that moment, he seems to harden. After exchanging pleasantries with Alithea, claiming a mage of her standards is also ensured to be helpful, he speaks. "I agree with lady Rirza. I've seen necromancy used before for noble ends, especially in the form of sir Billy, the most noble skeletal knight I have ever known. But I am not yet convinced that this is one of those times. We should be prepared for anything, and make haste with this investigation. Who knows when this dragon will return to attack again? i hope, of course, that you are not so tired as to be unable to aid us in the manner, lady Rirza."

He pauses. "Yet again, the morale of the villagers is low. If you agree, I could speak to all of them at once, and ensure them we will keep them safe. That is however exactly that - the entire village will hear me." He eyes Ulliaza's short sword. "I do not wish to ruins someone's chances of being more... 'subtle' about this. I've had some differences of opinion on how to handle similar occurances with fellow pathfinders in the past and now try to avoid such conflicts."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Maika blinked at Adol's description. "Many friends to a single cast, you say? Was he targeting the land beneath them, or a section of bridge? That particular spell can usually only strike a single target at once - spreading it out enough to kill multiple people in a single strike would be most unusual. There are some other spells that may have similar effects on groups, such as Horrid Wilting... did you see the casting itself?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I am from a different material plane altogether; both Carie and I arrived only a few scant days ago- so we both know little about this place. But do not worry; She nods her emphatically. I can; and will still stand against this blight.

Rirsa silently listens to Adol; and takes a moment before speaking.

I feel we could use more information on both obstacles; myself... I am not subtle about gathering information; people seem to enjoy talking about me for some reason.

My strategies may need refining; we should be thorough... and it gives me an opportunity to see how the others work together and solve problems.


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

A wry grin comes over Uliaza's face and she reaches to her hair, slipping a blue rose out. Giving it a sniff, she returns it back to its resting place. "A bit of make up can do wonders for one's appearance, no? And the dead come back to life all the time. Well, not ALL the time, but you get the idea."

Listening to everyone speak, she gets a small grin and claps her hands. "I appreciate the thought pally-boy, but I know when to go quiet... and when to go loud. I think for this instant, we all should go loud. Very, very, loud. The Governor might pretend we never offered if we go straight to him..." Looking back to the stage that the governor left, she gets a grin. Grabbing Adol and Rirsa's arms again, she starts dragging them over. "Come on, let's go make a little speech!"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"I think before we make too much of a scene we should talk to the mayor. He seemed as terrified as the villagers. They've had an arrangement with this dragon for over 400 years. You seem ready to blame the mayor for decisions made over 10 generations ago. He is certainly complicit in the sacrifices, but I do not believe he's complicit in this attack. If you rile the people now, we'll never get anything useful out of him. We can always make the speech later, but we cannot unmake once it's done." Alithea asked of Ulliaza. She had worked with Ulliaza before, and knew they would likely prefer different approaches to things. She hoped Ulliaza would come around to her way of seeing things.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nods thoughtfully as he hears Rirsa's answer. Another prime material plane? Very interesting... I wonder what things are like over there? Wait. Could that be why I've never found out more about Estivas? Is is that simple? Could he be a diety from a different prime material plane, a different dimension...?'

Maika's questions then pull him from his silent musings. "Did I see the casting..." he begins, closing his eyes. "There was a cloud of smoke as he rose. A flash of light while he demanded us to kneel. We didn't. And then... clouds of blood turning good men and women to dust. Or maybe it WAS their own blood that turned them to dust. All I know is, I was then alone, and that was just the start."

He sighs slowly. "That day was one of my worst failures. I'm still not entirely sure how I survived. The... runelord that used it had an artefact of some sort, an orb, that seemingly increased his arcane power. In the end, I managed to behead him, but I couldn't destroy that sphere. Not knowing what else to do, I handed it over to the Society. I'm not sure what happened to the body or to that thing afterwards. Hopefully, neither will ever be used again... though I imagine that is of little comfort to the families left behind."

He shakes his head. "But that is neither here nor yonder. We should focus on the task at- GAH!"

Suddenly, Ulliaza interrupts his monologue to draw him along towards the stage. "W-wait, lady Ulliaza! Shouldn't we reach a shared discision first?" he protest.

sense motive DC 22:

You're fairly sure Adol could have broken out of Ulliaza's hold at any moment, but is hampered by his utter unwillingness to lay hands on her. Or Rirsa, for that matter, who may or may not also be dragged along.

"This is a level of sound that bring even the unrulier tribes of Akiton to heel during our... um... attemps at diplomacy. Maybe lady Alithea has a point?"

He looks around at the others for advice, seeing if a concensus can be reached.

I just remembered Adol has freedom of movement. So technically he can't be grabbed at all? :)


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Rirsa is simply silent as Ulliazza drags her off; If she's doing this it has to be done carefully. what to... What to say...

I don't think it's a good idea for me to speak. she says be for closing her eyes and takes a deep, exhaling breath. But I'll try if you need me to.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

Carrie gives Rirsa a little nudge. "C'mon! Who's better to take charge of these people than you?"


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Okay... Rirsa steps up to the podium... People of this City... Perform(Oratory)as Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 spending a mystic surge on thismystic surge die: 1d8 ⇒ 1 total result 33

The Dragon asks you for your children; he has this of you all for centuries! When will it end?

She pauses for effect...

You already know the answer; it never will. she holds her arm up. But it doesn't have to be this way; I- she geatures towards the others and these people are forming a group to finally free you of this accursed cycle of death and despair... Have heart; you're almost done living in this dragon's shadow.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Do I still count as people? Maika thought idly, looking at her robotic limbs. Some people thought so. Others felt that form was a bit more important than that. For that matter, she was barely even human anymore given how much magical energy her body now contained. Even how, she could feel it brushing up against the edges of her form. Not threatening to break free - she didn't particularly struggle to control it - but it was a lid over a very deep well of power.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

About fifty people still remain in the square, and gather around to listen to Rirsa as she begins to speak. Several people peep at the group which she indicates as her companions. Several of them certainly look like adventurers, and more than one child peers curiously at Maika's strange cybernetic limbs. If anyone in the town was going to defeat a dragon, it was probably these people.

"You've come to save us?" asks one young woman, her face streaked with soot and sweat.

"What do you mean, centuries?" asks a matronly elder.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Yes; we can save you. she responds to the soot covered lady's query.

And when the matron responds with her inquiry Rirsa corresponds with The dragon may not have been terrorizing your city for the duration of it's entire life; but it has been doing similar things it's entire life; of this I am certain.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

"Yeah, kill that dragon!" cries one townsperson. "He's burned enough of our town!"

Many of the townspeople come forth to thank Rirsa for daring to try to fight a dragon, but some people offer advice about how dangerous such creatures are. "We'd pack up and go if the Count hadn't shut the walls."

"When are you going to kill the dragon?"


Female Human Arcanist 14 / Archmage 6 | HP 172/172 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | Saves 13/12/17 | CMD 20| Init +12 | Perc +22, SM +17 | See Invisibility, Darkvision 60ft, Aura Sight, Arcane Sight 120ft

"It seems there is naught to do now but move forward with this plan." Alithea muttered to herself as congregants started to form.

"Any information you can provide about the dragon's lair would be welcome in helping us hunt down the dragon." She then said to those gathered after one of the townspeople asked about when the group was going after the dragon.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

None of the townspeople know anything specific about the dragon or its lair.


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol nodded in appreciation. It was a good speech, and a fair compromise. The people present here would likely spread the word on their own over time, and it wouldn't immediately overly antagonize the mayor, or whoever else was behind this.

"Have faith, my fair companion spaks the truth. We shall hunt down this dragon soon. As the herald of Estivas, I, Adol Cristin, hereby promise you this. And my reputation should tell you I never lie."

Upon realizing there is nothing they know about the dragon, he switched tactics. "Can any one of you inform us more about this 'count'? Who is he? How long has this been going on, how exactly is he involved in this and where can we find the mayor and him?"

Adol only asks the latter bit if it isn't imediately obvious where to find them.


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

I cannot yet say when; but his days...are...numbered. Rirsa steps down from the podium; her work here was done.

Your move; Dragon...

Rirsa slowly walks away; paying attention to any whispers and movement.


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

"Fire, is it?" Maika mused. "A fearsome foe, but not insurmountable when one is properly prepared for their powers..." Or, more specifically, their breath. Limit the power of flame and slaying the creature would become much easier.


Rocks Fall; You Die!

The townsfolk explain: There is no "mayor". Count Serano is the "mayor" (the corpulent man who gave the speech just now). One person sneakily leans in to explain in a low voice: "The Count usually spends his time at The Blind Eye 'stead of with his wife. If you're looking for him, might be best that you go and ask the Lady Black, there, about him."

Carrie speaks up, but only to Rirsa. She hasn't had the time yet to learn Common and so speaks the native tongue of Chevain: "Mi vidis tiun konstruaĵon, kiam mi serĉadis la areon antaŭ ol ni eniris. I estas sur la norda flanko de la urbo: bordelo."

Chevainian:
"I've seen that building, when I was scouting the area before we came in. It's on the north side of town: A brothel."


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

A small smile grows over her face at the speech, simply standing off to the side as she lets everyone else talk for a bit, listening to everyone else. Thinking for a moment, she pulls a small case out of a pocket. Reaching up to her eyes, she pops out her black contacts and puts them away. Pulling a small towel out, she quickly wipes her makeup, revealing her true drow features.

Her ear twitches slightly as she manages to catch the comment about 'The Blind Eye', and a massive grin comes across her face. "I'm thinking I should go pay Lady Black a visit, get us some information. You all want to go to the castle and see if anyone's there? You all seem like you'd be more comfortable there than the Blind Eye."


EG 5/AoA 9/Mys 6 | HP: 130/130 | AC: 27 / T: 16 / FF: 26 | Fort: +11, Ref: +10, Will: +20; +4 spells/SLA/blind/visual | M. Touch: +7, R. Touch: +8 | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 (25 vs trip) | Init: +16, Perception: +28

Maika watched as Ulliaza revealed her normal features, a bit curious about the choice - other people were certainly likely to see that. Still, she rarely questioned the choices of people she was working for unless it directly related to the services she provided. What they did was up to them. "It's just a brothel." she noted. "Do you want any extra security before you go? It doesn't seem likely it will be a terribly dangerous place - atmosphere matters for businesses - but one cannot be too careful at times like these."


HP:226/226/ AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-Footed 21,/ Fort+19; Ref+16, Will+20/ Aura of Indomitable Presence 30'/ Miss Chance 20% Female Human Warlord 3/ Sorcerer 4/ Bladecaster 7 (VMC Bard)// Champion/Archmage Tier 6

Bordelo; jen ĝuste tio, kion mi ne bezonis Rirsa responds while listening to Ulliazza.

I think that would be a great idea; after all- the castle might know a thing or two. She pivots herself around; facing toward the castle. I'm ready to go there if everyone else is; although I'll be at work for the next four hours

Chevaineyan:
A brothel; that's just what I didn't need


AC: 29 / T: 15 / FF: 26 / Imm.: fear/disease | Fort: +27, Ref: +24, Will: +23 | M. Atk: +19/ 1d8+25, (17-20x3) I HP: 210/210 | Perc. +17, see invis, blind fight. Human Paladin 12, Swashbuckler 1, Bloodrager 1, Champion/Marshall tier 6. VMC Bard.

Adol eyes Ulliaza. "You would be surprised. If you run into a heavily musled man with lip embellishment in a dress, all I can say is: *run*. Run really, really fast ." He lets out a long-winded sigh. "The things I've had to do for Golarion..."

"That said, will you be all right by yourself? I do not wish to doubt your capacities, but a group of undead powerful enough to keep a large dragon at bay is dangerous. If I am not present, I cannot protect you. And I do not wish to go back on my word, my lady, nor be responsible for a potential second death. Is it not better if we all stay together, or at least divide ourselves into two groups?"


Female Noble Drow UnRogue 4/Sorcerer 1/Arcane Trickster 8

Uliaza gets a slight smirk, giving Maika and Adol a wink before flipping her hood up. "Out of everyone here, I'm the one you should worry the least about getting into trouble. After all..." She takes a step back and lets herself slip out of sight.

Hellcat Stealth!: 1d20 + 41 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 41 - 10 = 49

She lets a few moments pass before moving around behind Adol, poking him in the side and returning to sight. "I'm not at risk if the undead can't see me. Also, you've got to tell me about the 'heavily muscled man'. It sounds like a GREAT story."

51 to 100 of 548 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Grim Moon Looms ; Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.