GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


301 to 350 of 1,520 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Damian examines the runes thoughtfully. "These are for binding. Perhaps the little one tried to take the crystal, and that triggered the spell."

He shakes his head at the increasing strangeness of it all. Why would runes of binding be present in a tomb?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad shrugs, not knowing anything about this.

"I'd rather stay far away from this kind of magic--only bad could come of it."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

That raises an eyebrow from Raj. He quips good-naturedly, "What? Ya stamped on lightning'd runes with a smile and you're balkin' at this? It's jes' a itty-bitty, glowin' gem that'll suck your soul to the 10th plane of Hell is all..."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad chuckles, looking less grim for once. "The divine blessings of Iomedae are one thing. Peeping wizards and their arcane mumbo-jumbo are another," he says.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

With the trap disarmed by Marya's sequence Feena was impressed and lay one hand gently on the woman's shoulder as she said, "Well done Marya." With that she made to move ahead with the group. When they reached the strange room Feena was shocked at what was inside, it was oddly beautiful really, and she looked around in curiosity at what was inside.
knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Feena recognized what the runes were, binding runes, and was so startled to see them that she didn't say anything at first. She looked at the corpse of the humanoid and tried to make out what it was but was wary of going forward. She cast a spell and examined the room through her augmented vision to determine if it was safe.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya tenses reflexively as Feena touches her shoulder. Her body seems to have forgotten what a friendly touch feels like, especially from a woman. ”Sorry. It’s not you.”

Marya adjusts the straps on her shield nervously. ”If...uh....you want, I could go check it out. The magic. Thing.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Other than the crystal, the only other thing in the room is the dead blue creature. On its body is a dagger, six darts, and a small jasper figurine of a frog.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj puts out a staying hand to block Marya, or anyone else, from moving in. "I hate to say it but goin' further is my job." He looks to the spell-weavers in the group. "Any of you folks know whether them runes is designed to keep somethin' out or somethin' in?"

Regardless of the answer, Raj starts screwing his courage up to go in. "This crypt is bigger'n anythin' I've seen. OK, that's possible. An' maybe a crypt would have the defenses we've seen. An' maybe they'd hide some heirlooms where a smart person could get at them... but this room makes no sense in a crypt, least none that I can see." He looks at each of them to see if they have the same concern. "So, if this ain't a plain ol' crypt, what is it?"

With that, Raj steps gingerly into the room, trying to avoid touching the runes. He waits for very bad things to happen.

Perception (Trap): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna steps into the room and very bad things do not happen. In fact, nothing happens. He stands there vigilant for nearly a minute, but the eerie silence does not forewarn of any imminent danger?

Or does it?!


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Not dead... good start.

Rajuna advances to the corpse of the little blue bastard. He looks over the body trying to determine what killed him... Please be ol' age. Please be ol' age.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Then - ever the pragmatist - he relieves the corpse of its valuables, save for the frog.
He looks to the others, "Can ya check from there if this frog 's been dweomered?" before turning his attention fully to the gem.

Perception (Trap): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 -1 for just general observations.

LMAO! Nope, just a plain old gem. Nothing sinister here!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna isn't able to pinpoint the cause of death of the blue bastard. Probably old age though, right? Seems likely...

He also determines that the crystal looks perfectly safe. Heh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

"A'right. I'm gonna touch it. Ya might want to back up a pace or two." He gives them a chance to comply as he stares at the gem.

Raj was somewhat certain the extra distance wouldn't be necessary for their safety... but it would help out with what he planned to do next. It was a calculated risk, of course, but Raj was inclined to believe the gem was installed by the good guys and that's why the mite kicked on its doorstep. Question was - would it recognize Raj as a good guy too? He woke up in a Red Shrike's coffin after all. Maybe that would give him a pass?

No harm tryin' to secure the deal. Raj leans in very close to the gem and whispers to it, hoping his allies couldn't hear him.

PER DC:15 + Range Mods:
"बात सुनो। मैं एक धर्मी आदमी नहीं हूँ, लेकिन मैं एक नेक काम करता हूँ। मैं एक दुश्मन नहीं हूं, इसलिए मुझे जलाओ मत।"

Make the previous PER check AND speak Celestial:
"Listen. I'm not a righteous man but I work for a righteous cause. I'm an ally not an enemy, so don't burn me down."

If the gem doesn't do anything 'witchy', Raj lays a finger on it. Of course, it is only after he does, that it occurs to him that the wards were perhaps intended to keep the gem trapped...


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Feena watched carefully as Rajuna made his way through the runes to the crystal but her awe and worry for the man left her far too distracted to notice anything else that might be happening. While it seems like something might be happening she could see what and she certainly couldn't hear what over the pounding of her own heart as the tension built.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna leans in and whispers to the gem, but unsurprisingly nothing happens and it does not respond. When he reaches out and touches it however, something definitely happens.

Rajuna:
When you touch the crystal a translucent, ghostly figure with a face distorted by wrath into a hideous mask, scowls at him. The face quickly flies up against the gem as if it had be far away before you touched it and is trapped inside.

Rajuna briefly recognizes this ghastly figure from the murals outside of this room. His thoughts on the matter will have to wait however, because when he touches the gem ...

Negative Energy Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

A blast of a blackened, wispy energy seeps from the gem into Rajuna's body.

Rajuna:
You feel the negative energy course through your body and you knows that you should be in pain from that attack, but for some reason you shows no signs of injury nor pain.

The creature inside the gem screams silently at you, slamming its fists into the gem as if it wants to break free.

Knowledge Arcana DC15:
Something interesting just happened. Rajuna should be injured from that negative energy attack, but it's almost like his body is warded against the attack for some reason.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Feena saw it when Rajuna touched the crystal, she saw the jolt of energy that should have harmed him, possibly badly, have...no affect at all? Overcome by her curiosity Feena moved out to where he stood and asked, "How did you do that?!" She seemed quite excited as she spoke, "That was negative energy and it should have hurt you but it washed right off of you. I mean I've heard of spells that can do that but never a person who was naturally resistant before."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Instinctively, Raj jumps backward. He regards the gem suspiciously, clearly thinking about what just happened. The only thing he mutters is, "I'm OK, an' I probably shouldn't be." He can only give a hapless shrug at Feena's question. "I didn't do nothin'."

I'm pausing here to let other folks do their thing. I hate it when a key event happens and I miss it because of my posting schedule. :)


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya's face scrunches up with worry. She had trusted that since her positive channels were healing people normally, they couldn't possible be dead or otherwise messed-up. This situation was absolutely not normal."Maybe we should all try touching it? See if we are all immune to the negative energy." She approachs the gem with a deliberate focus, trying to keep herself alert and grounded to see if she notices anything, then touches it as Rajuna did.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Marya's idea was logical, but he couldn't let it go without warning her. "Sure ya wanna do that? There's a spirit trapped in there... and he's pissed. I think he's wearing the face of one of them knights, or he was one."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

You can read Rajuna's spoilers, the same applies to you.

Negative Energy Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Marya repeats the same process that Rajuna had, touching gem, seeing the mad spirit and getting blasted by negative energy. Unlike Rajuna however, this time the blast of energy was slightly more powerful and some of the damage from the negative energy passes through into Marya and she feels slightly wounded. One negative energy damage!


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk raises an eyebrow.

"This is... troubling. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?"


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Perhaps that is what the runes are for, to contain this negative energy. But then... what killed the little blue one? And why would be the spirit of a knight imprisoned in this crystal? This makes no sense."

Damian scratches his head behind an ear in puzzlement. He slowly paces around the room, trying to see if anything presents itself as another piece of this puzzle.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Knowledge religion on what could cause resistance to negative energy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya yanks her hand back reflexively at the sting. She shakes out the numbness of the zap. Even as she silently curses the pain, she is glad that she still feels at least some hurt from negative energy, as it's prooof she's still alive. "Raj and I appear to both have some sort of resistance to negative energy. I can guarantee you that I have never resisted it before."

Marya looks to the little blue creature that Damian mentioned. "Maybe this little one attempted to touch the gem and didn't react as well as we did? As for why trap someone in a gem? No idea."

Does the gem look breakable? Or like maybe we could carry it safely in a backpack or something after we get past the initial damage?


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

”Either the Knight is fallen or that thing is wearing his face... either way I say we leave the gem here, where it does no harm.”

Looks like we have 2 points of Neg Energy resistance, but it isn’t clear if that extends beyond this room.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena, her curiosity piqued by Marya's suggestion, reached out nervously to touch the gem as well. She wanted to see if she had the same strange resistance they did. If one had it she would call it a fluke, if two had it a coincidence, but if all three of them had it there was something else happening.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya runs her index finger along her jawline. Something about this tomb had been off from the very beginning and she hadn't been able to grasp exactly why. "I'm not so sure about that, Raj."

Marya takes a seat up in the corner and rests her head against the stone. She closes her eyes so she can focus on remembering what she needs to remember and saying what she needs to say without getting distracted.

"Up until now, I've been assuming that Roslar idolized Arazni for her actions before her death, back when she was aligned with the forces of good as the Red Crusader. That's how Hilde thought about Arazni after all."

She sighs and takes one last long breath, wanting to make sure she's not assuming the worst.

"But there's another option."

She waits to make sure people are listening.

"After she was killed, Arazni was brought back as a lich against her will, corrupted, and then impisoned. The nature of undeath is that good people don't stay good long, no matter how hard they try to fight it. If Roslar followed that Arazni, maybe he thought trapping one of his former companions in a gem would be a nice gift for his new patron."

She shrugs and grimaces. "Maybe I'm just assuming the worst. Inheritor knows I do. But it's worth considering."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena can look at Rajuna's spoiler above.

Feena Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Feena also touches it, but either she is not as resistant or the creature inside of the gem has grown stronger. Either way, a huge blast of energy comes out of the gem this time, easily three times as strong as when Rajuna touched it. While some of the damage doesn't seem to affect the sorceress, most of it does. 4 damage.

With three of you seeing it and putting your heads together, you remember that you have seem a depiction of the creature that is trapped inside of the gem in the murals in the previous room.

When Feena, Marya and Rajuna talk about the creature, they return to the room to the north and follow the storyline of what appears to be Roslar battling an extremely powerful undead creature called a wraith. This particular wraith was so strong that he was unable to kill it, only capture and bind it to this gem.

Returning to the room to the south you do notice that the gem has cracked and glossed over significantly with age. It does look breakable.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena screamed loudly in pain as the energy slammed into her. She knew that getting hit with negative energy would hurt badly but never this badly! Despite the pain, and the fact her skin had gone very ashen colored, she still could tell it would have been worse if she hadn't somehow resisted some of the damage. In fact she was pretty sure she would be dying right now if not for that small amount of resistance. She staggered to the nearest wall and leaned against it as she panted in tried to calm herself.

Feena looked at the others and asked softly, "Can somebody heal me?" She looked at the crystal carefully and pieced together information from what they had seen before and then said, "I think that is the wraith that Rossler couldn't kill and trapped in a gem. I thin we had better leave it be now."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj is coolly calculating, "I'm concerned about the cracks in the gem. I don't like the idea of this prison breakin' and releasin' this beastie on the world again... but I suppose none of you has magics to repair it?"

Raj waits for everyone to satisfy their curiosity about the room before closing the door (and taking the jasper frog) and securing the door as best as he can.

He moves across to the first northern door and checks it for traps, locks, and the usual sorts of nastiness.

Perception (Trap): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 -1 to each of these for non-traps
Disable Device (Trap): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad smirks as the others continue to damage themselves. "You all seem to be seeking enlightenment through pain now. That arcane magic is not to be trifled with. Perhaps we should leave it be and report it to the caretakers once we're out of here," he suggests.

Join Raj by the next door.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna doesn't find the northwestern door locked or trapped. Curiously however, as he is moving north to the door he catches the slightest glimpse of movement coming from the northeastern door. The door was opened a crack, but slowly closes entirely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya rolls her eyes at Vlad's "enlightenment" comment but is too tired to come up with a comeback.

Marya walks over to Feena in the corner. She calmly holds out her hand, stopping short of actually touching her. "I can heal you. I will need to touch you, if that's okay, Feena." She learned a long time ago that she needed to be extra sensitive to other women, even when she isn't interested, lest she get viewed as predatory. Those casual intimacies women generally enjoy were closed off to her.

Assuming Feena allows her to cast her spell, Marya will drop Shield of Faith for Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Feena was rather surprised at Marya's hesitancy in touching her. She didn't understand why the other woman felt she needed to ask such a question and thought that maybe it was her, after all Marya had seemed uncomfortable when Feena touched her earlier. Despite her nervousness Feena nodded her consent for Marya to touch her.

When Feena felt the energy wash through her she sighed in relief. Color immediately returned to her skin and all of her injuries were now gone. Turning to Marya Feena smiled and said, "Thank you Marya." With that done Feena saw the others moving ahead and hurried to catch up to them her magical lights floating ahead of her.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

What Marya was offering as a possible explanation - Roslar following a corrupted Arazni, and its implications, simply floors Damian. He had never been a devout Iomedan before his conversion, so he was not very invested in the faith's various organizations, such as the Knights of Ozem, but the idea that a paladin, sworn to uphold good and justice, could fall... and not for the love of wealth, or glory, or other impure motives, but for love.

He starts wondering what would he do, if someone offered to raise Dragoslav from the dead. Or, or... his heart constricts and tears flood his eyes at the mere thought of it, but suppose that Ruxanda or Sorin - or both! were dead. And there would be a chance to see them again, even in undeath. Be close to them. Such thoughts are too agonizing to bear. Damian shakes his head sharply, only now noticing what had transpired in the room. Feena was looking very much the worse for wear, but as he takes a step towards her to offer his assistance, Marya is already healing the young woman.

The consensus seems to be that they should leave that gem well alone, and Damian gives it a nervous look as he follows the others back into the room with the tiles. What if their tampering has weakened it? He asks of the ones who had been close to it. "Does the gem have more cracks in it than it did when we came in?"


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

At the Northwest door, Raj motions Varryk over. He says quietly to Vlad and the half-orc, "Someone or something was just spying on us from the other door." His eyes shift to indicate which one he means. "If you're up for it, I'd like to try to snag'em. Vlad, you make noise here like we're organizin' to go through this door... but be ready to come runnin'. Varryk, how about you find a spot where you can shoot straight through that doorway once it's open? I'll soft-foot over to the door and, when we're ready, I'll pop it open. Then we'll see what's what. Sound a'right?"

Does that sound like a decent plan? Assuming you guys are down with it...

Raj waits for Vlad to begin his distraction and then creeps like a shadow to the Northeast door, prepared to open it quickly. Not willing to lose the element of surprise, he gives it only a cursory inspection. just making sure it doesn't have a lock.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Marya nods quietly to Feena, assuming that the bookish girl's reserved politeness meant she is uncomfortable with her. "You're welcome. What I'm here for."

Marya glances back over at the gem at Damian's mention of it...
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
...but her focus is interrupted as she sees Raj bringing the Vlad and Varryk into a huddle. She draws her sword and slowly follows them, her eyes on the door they are looking at.


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk nods over at Rajuna, acceding to his plan. He finds a good spot and readies his bow, drawing it back and holding an arrow ready.

"Ready when you are, Rajuna."

Ready Action; Attack nearest visible enemy.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad says he is busy, so let's assume he agrees to the plan. Go ahead and kick it off Raj.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Rajuna couldn't take the time to check the door for traps, not if he wanted to retain the element of surprise. So with a blade in one hand, he throws the door open wide, trying to stay out of Varryk's way and use the ambient light and his own better than normal vision to pierce the darkness beyond.

Not sure if the door opens in or out so I figure, 1 action will be to open the door and the other will be a move either into the room or out of Varryk's way.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna grabs the door and throws in inwards, opening it into a small room. The shelves along the walls of this room are crammed with ornamental weapons, tapestries, and trophies. Most have been torn or broken, and several lie smashed on the floor. The room’s only exit is a door to the southwest.

There are five small blue creatures in here with their weapons drawn, quietly argueing among themselves. These creature look similar to the room at the top of the stairs with the statues that you were in a few minutes ago.

Four of them look identically equipped as the ones you previously fought, but one in the back is barking orders to the other four and clearly telling them what to do. He wears a crown of twigs and bark with pieces of wood and twigs strapped to various parts of his body. He holds a sling in one hand and a sickle in the other.

R1: Rajuna, Varryk, Damian, Marya, Blue Creatures, Vlad, Feena

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Varryk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Mites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj yells out, "Get in here! We got five blues!"

I'm Delaying until after Varryk goes so he has an unimpeded shot.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya finds herself out of range for doing her sword dance properly, so she advances towards right behind Raj, bringing her light along to help illuminate things. Double move


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Rajuna had clearly telegraphed his intentions, so Damian is ready when the swarthy man throws open the door and his posture suddenly tenses, indicating a potential hostile situation. Advancing with his bow drawn until he can see a little more into the room, Damian is ready to defend his companions should any of the blue creatures attack.

Readied attack on red, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Damian's shot was spot on and despite teh various people and blue creatures in the way, he hits his mark. Had this been the blue creatures that everyone encountered earlier, it would have taken it down. Despite its skin being hardened and resistant to his arrows, that particular blue guy seems to be a bit hardier than the rest.

Varryk and then Rajuna are up.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Surprise Round ~

With a satisfaction, Rajuna feels more than sees the hail of arrows slamming into the mites. Even as the last arrow strikes, a second blade drops into his fist and he slides to his left, making room for more combatants. Then he slashes out at the closest mite.

FREE: 5' (on map)
SWIFT: 2nd blade
STAND: Stab purple (or yellow if purple is dead)

BOOM:
STAND: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Sneak
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
DAM: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5) = 7 Cold Iron

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Varryk hurries his shot a bit, but with any luck, the creatures will be too shocked to be able to move well. He fires at the nearest creature.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna just manages to get his blade into the blue creature, the cold iron sinking deep into its flesh and sending it unconscious on the floor, bleeding.

Varryk can't see anything from where he is, so he moves west ten feet to get a better line of sight. He launches his arrow into the first blue creature, sending it down to the ground as he just manages to do enough damage through their thick skin.

The two closest small blue creatures towards Rajuna with their small daggers, screaming as they try to cut him. Unfortunately they are both too slow and telegraph their attacks such that he easily dodges them. The third blue creature fires a shot with his sling at Rajuna, but once again comes up short.

R1: Vlad, R2: Feena, Rajuna, Varryk, Damian, Marya

GM:

Attack Rajuna: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya advances into the room, seeing a chance to corner the blue creature in a crown of twigs barking orders while also getting herself out of the way of the archers.

Move action to move 20 ft, she will provoke from black

Panting from all this heavy activity in armor, she swings horizontally at the apparent leader of these creatures.

Attack with CI Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

When able, Varrky moves to get as clear a shot as possible, then takes aim at the nearest creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Rushing into the room when he hears commotion, Vlad swings his heavy flail at the only enemy he can reach, wrapping it around one of the blue creature's heads.

"We will purify this sanctuary with fire!"

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 181d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 2 ~

Raj slides toward the mite backed against the shelves, noting with grim pleasure the crushing efficiency of his allies. "Bad luck for you, boyo." The cold iron blade draws even more blood.

FREE: 5' (on map)
FULL: Stab ?turquoise?

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron
HIT #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 nope
DAM #1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CI

HIT #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
DAM #2: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Not CI

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):

301 to 350 of 1,520 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.