GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


351 to 400 of 1,520 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Looks like Feena and Damian are up.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena was shocked to see more of the blue folk in the room and almost felt bad for them when her allies simply attacked without talking to them. then she remembered what they had done before and she didn't harbor the same feelings about the attack. Chanting quickly Feena sent a jolt of electricity at the nearest of the blue people.
jolt: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 = 81d3 ⇒ 2


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad crushes his foe in a might swing with his heavy flail, obliterating the small blue creature.

Had Marya aimed for one of the regular blue creeatures, her attack would have likely hit. The leader seems to be a little more elusive however, her swing going over his head as he ducks out of the way.

Varryk's shot flies high, missing his target.

Feena's jolt comes close, but fizzles out just before it would strike her targeted enemy.

Rajuna injures the blue creature, but it's not quite enough to take him down.

Damian is unable to get the angle he wants, his shot hitting the wall of the door frame outside.

Damian Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The small blue creature that Rajuna severely injured takes a 5' step away from his assailant and nearly bumps into Marya. He spins and swings his dagger at her, but his injuries prove too much for him after the attack and he collapses on the ground behind her.

The leader of the blue creatures screams in frustration as his minions are cut down one after the next. He screams and swings his sickle towards Marya, embedded it into her shin for minimal damage.

Attack Marya, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Attack Marya, Flank: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

R2: Vlad, R3: Feena, Rajuna, Varryk, Damian, Marya

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Reveling in the enemy he had slain, Vlad launches himself toward the remaining creature. He swings as powerfully as he can, but his over-exertion leaves him well off the mark.

Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

With the other threats disposed of and her allies closing in, Marya backs up into the other corner of the room, leaving room for someone else to jump in. She then begins her sword dance once more. "Take it home, everyone!"

Five-foot-step into the corner, full round action to activate Iomedae's Inspiring Sword for a +2 sacred bonus on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws until her next turn


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Wait!" Damian nocks another arrow and aims it at the sole remaining creature, but does not fire. "Perhaps they know something. Anyone speak their language?"

Readied attack if red performs a hostile action: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Apologies for being late with posting, work has been very crazy this week.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 3 ~

Rajuna closes off another avenue of retreat for the creature. "They ain't said nothin' in Common and no one here has understood'em yet." His inclination was to finish the creature off - quick and clean. He growls at the old man's request but checks his attack, turning a decisive stab to the chest into a smack across the mite's temple with the flat of the cold iron blade. "Hope you're ready to kill'im if he's got nothin' to say."

MOVE: 15' on map
STAND: Smack Boss (non-lethal)

BOOM:
STAND: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, Inspired, NON-lethal
HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 18
DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk frowns slightly.

"I don't really have a way to take a non-lethal shot with this bow! I'll do my best to leave at least one alive, though."

Feeling inspired by Mayra, Varryk aims a shot at the creature that just attacked her, hoping to dissuade it from further violence... or further breathing.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Boy I sure did manage to tick off the dice gods!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena jolt: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Though Varryk, Damian and Vlad all miss, Feena blasts the last remaining creature with a jolt of electricity and Rajuna swoops in and smacks the flat of his blade across its temples. The small blue creature flies backwards and hits his head on the wall before crumbling like a rag doll on the floor. Out of combat!

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nudges the blue creature with his foot and turns it on its back.

"By the heavens, that thing is ugly," he says. "Why, exactly, didn't we want to kill it?" he asks as he searches the enemy for anything of value.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya immediate sheathes her sword and unbuckles her shield, stowing both as she goes to stabilize the fallen blue creatures’ leaders condition, working around Vlad’s searching. Take 10 for 21 on first aid. She then proceeds to tie him up with her rope.

”At your request, Sir Damian. We now have a prisoner to question and possibly get answers from.” She stands tall and gives Damian a nod. ”I take responsibility for any prisoner under my charge. In keeping with Iomedae’s teachings, I am responsible for their life and safety until such a time as they leave my charge or directly threaten the lives of my comrades.” She recites the last two sentences with a practiced ease and speed. Such had been the standard oath during the Reclamation. Standardizing it helped to prevent misunderstandings and to make clear the transition from combatant to prisoner.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian returns Marya's nod and goes on one knee to examine their prisoner.

"Aside from the practical purpose of information it might have about this place, well - think about it. We are the intruders in what might well be its home. It is not our intention to trespass, to be sure, but we are still intruders. Perhaps they were simply defending themselves, in which case their deaths weigh upon my soul. And if this isn't their home, then how did they come to be here? And why now? Most of this place looks like it hasn't felt the breath of life in centuries, but now it's swarming with creatures."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Rajuna is in a quandry as to whom - Marya or Damian - is the least tethered to reality. He can't keep the skepticism from his face or tone. "Their home? This seems a'be the Roslar family crypt. So, unless this fella is a blood relation - an he looks to be needin' a big moustache or a bad wig for that - it's no more his home than mine... An' if you leave him alive after this, you're..." Raj can't finish the thought. He pushes past the others and stalks from the room.

Raj opts to keep busy while the interrogation proceeds. He heads back to the Northwest door and listens for any noise beyond it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk, as is his habit, retrieves his arrows for re-use. As he does so, he fights down the wave of fear and dread that has been gnawing at him this entire time.

He is in a crypt, with people that are mostly strangers. Apparently decent, courageous strangers, but strangers nonetheless. It is unnerving... and what's more, waking up trapped in a dark, unfamiliar place calls to mind his previous trauma. It's a struggle not to revert to being a scared, helpless child.

Trying not to focus on that feelings, Varryk moves behind Rajuna, keeping pace with the man. Rajuna seems to be a bit more action-oriented than some of the others, and right now, Varryk needed to be doing something, lest the existential terror that he was feeling overwhelm him.

"At your back," Varryk said softly as he moved close to Rajuna.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad folds his arms across his bare, scarred chest. "I agree with Rajuna," he says.

"If we wanted to question the Whispering Tyrant, we wouldn't take him prisoner and then, bound by Iomedae's tenants, keep him under our protection. This is a vile intruder, desecrating a sanctuary, and we should treat him as such. Say the word, and I will finish him off. I doubt we even speak the same language."


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya manages a tired laugh. "When we are in a position to capture the Whispering Tyrant, I might concede the point." She pulls off her gauntlet and wipes the sweat on her face and retightens her braid. "We need to be practical. We need to find out what's going on. Also, a big tomb like this would have been completely sealed. If we can find out how these little people got in, we might find a way out. They also may have been let in by something even more dangerous, perhaps an ally of the nasty thing in the gem hoping that they can free it. Or a million other horrible scenarios that are possible because we don't know what's going on."

I'm not going to spend one of my limited healing spells on the little guy, so I suppose he's gonna have to wake up the long way anyways. Been too spoiled by always have CLW wands >_>


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj gives Varryk a thankful nod and a tight smile, replying quietly. "A'right. I'm on point. You stay back a couple paces and do what you do best." He taps the fierce hornbow to emphasize the point. "We go slow and careful. If the odds look bad, we fall back. Just keep firin' as you do it. You're sight is better'n mine. Call out what you see, in case I miss it. I'm no hero, so don't you be one neither."

Raj lights his ersatz torch again and drops it about 10' away from the door - just enough to enhance his vision. Then, when they are both ready, he tries to open the door quietly and peek through the gap.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena was quite pleased at how the fight went. They came through with minimal injuries and managed to take one of the blue people alive to get information from them. The fact that this seemed to drive a wedge between their group disturbed her but there was little that she could do about it just now. She couldn't help but smile slightly as she thought, Aaaand I get to talk to a little blue person...or try to at least. She glanced nervously back to where Rajuna had stormed off and shrugged slightly as she thought, How much trouble can they get into?

"I agree that leaving him alive may be a bad idea but I think what he could tell us will be very important." She smiled at Vlad, "and I think you're right, some evils are too great to be left alive," she looked at the blue ban, "but I don't think this is one of them."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian sighs as Rajuna and Varryk storm off. Yes, this used to be Roslar's tomb - centuries ago. But few things remain unchanged, if any.

"They barely hurt us when we fought them. Hardly an evil on par with the Whispering Tyrant, if evil they are." ... are they?

Damian casts Detect Evil.

Damian watches their prisoner, his gaze unfocused. "They are so small... like children."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Small evil children she confirms after detecting evil on the creature.

Each of the small blue creatures carries 5 darts and a dagger on them. The leader blue creature that you captured also carries sling, a light wooden shield, a sickle, 0 stones, a sprig of holly, a crown made of insect shells, eight white stones painted red on one side.

In the corner of the room behind them is a sack full of items that includes 10 pounds of silver, ivory and gold leaf as well as a bandolier that contains four potions.

Appraise DC20 - leaves:
The silver, ivory and gold leaf are with a total of 260gp,

Appraise DC20 - Bandolier:
The bandolier is worth 40 gp.

Perception DC16 x4:
The potions are all cure light wounds.

Rajuna opens the door quietly enough, but shadows make seeing anything in the next room difficult. The room looks to be about 20'x15' or so with a starwell in thee northwest corner.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Your captive was carrying TEN stones, not zero stones!


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk is right behind Rajuna, and would like to use his darkvision to peer into the room; what does he see?


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

SL, could you toss a light source behind Raj? Or Raj could just be carrying it, if that makes it easier for on-going movement. I can't see anything on the map currently. Also, is the stairwell going up or down?

Raj squints into the darkness and waits to hear what Varryk's keener eyes pick up.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad takes a look at the potions, and though he suspects what they might be, isn't entirely sure.

He shrugs at the discussion of the captive creature. Since no one seemed intent on questioning it or reviving it, perhaps it would die, anyway.

"Let's just get out of here," he says and follows closely behind Rajuna.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 An assist would ID the potions. Does everyone have a potion of CLW? If not, please take one.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I created a torch, granted it light and gave you control of it. I set it into the middle of the room.

Rajuna and Varryk see murals around this room that depict several weapons, including many different rapiers and several lances. Each weapon depicted has a plaque next to it. A door stands in the south wall, and stairs occupy an alcove to the west.

Not seeing any issues ahead, Rajuna advances into the room and quickly finds trouble. As he enters the room something shouts in common "Foul beast defile Roslar's crypt, will you?!? Not on my way! DIE!!!"

A short sword blade comes from somewhere on the west side of the room that wasn't previously visible and quickly finds its way into Rajuna's abdomen. Looking over at his attacker, he sees a metallic sculpture of an idealized humanoid figure sparkles with divine luster. You previously encountered a melted one of these creatures, celedons, in the larger room on the previous floor.

R1: Marya, Rajuna, Vlad, Varryk, Feena, Damian, Celendon

GM:

Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Varryk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Celedon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Map still shows the enemy deep in the room...I'll assume he's in the doorway, or that I can otherwise reach him.

Vlad moves defensively to assist Rajuna.

"I don't suppose you would believe we were trapped here against our will?" he says. "Or that we revere Roslar, rather than seek to defile his crypt?" he says.

He swings at the creature tentatively, not sure if they might talk their way out of this.

Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Marya was just trying to figure out the best way to carry the little blue person when she heard the sounds of battle break out. "Inheritor damn it...we need to stay together."

Marya shakes her head and grumbles as she straps her shield back on and draws her sword as she begins to trudge off towards the sounds of battle. "I'm on my way!" Move to strap on shield, move to draw sword because of no bab yet, and free action to five foot step

I adjusted her starting position to next to the little blue guy, since she would have been there to heal him and tie him up


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

"Hold, guardian!"

Varryk does not know if that is the right mode of address, or if the creature will listen, but this is the first thing to speak in Common that they have encountered.

"It's as he said; we woke up here with no recollection of how we arrived! We are trying merely to escape this crypt and discover what is happening. We mean you no harm!"

Despite his words, Varryk is no fool, and does not drop his guard. If the being they have encountered continues to threaten them, Varryk will fight it.

Ready Action: Attack the enemy if it attempts another hostile action

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj uses the force of the blow to try to tumble out of the creature's strike range. As he regains his feet, he clamps a hand over the gaping wound in his gut. Adding more weight to Vlad and Varryk's words, and hoping this golem has some semblance of intelligence, he speaks quickly. "अपने हथियार, गार्जियन रहो! हम प्रकाश की सेवा करते हैं और आपके दुश्मन नहीं हैं।"

Celestial:
"Stay your weapon, Guardian! We serve the light and are not your enemy."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Status:
HP: 4 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

He was standing adjacent to the doorway on the left side, I moved him up.

Varryk's words do little to sooth the celedon and he looks like he is going to strike when given the opportunity.

Vlad's attack misses as Rajuna tumbles past the guardian. When the rogue speaks to him in celestial it catches him off guard and he hesitates in executing his strike.

Diplomacy or Intimidate is required to affect his attitude further.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

LOL! Either way, it's my worst roll with a massive -1 on Diplo. :D I'm happy to AA someone else with more charisma but Raj trying to woo this guy is a last resort at best and personally I'm against trying to intimidate giant Iron Man here. Take it away, social PCs! SL, do we need to Diplo/AA it in Celestial or does Common work as well?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Seeing Marya draw her sword and strap on her shield is a clear signal to Damian that the rest of the group has found trouble. Again. He rushes out of the small room just in time to watch Varryk speak to someone, or something, in the room he is facing. Talking, that is hopeful. Perhaps another confrontation can be avoided.

"Guardian? Please, stay your wrath. We are on the side of good, and simply seeking to return to our home. We are trespassers here not of our own will."

He tries to open his heart to this entity, so that they might sense his sincerity of spirit as he watches Varryk intently for any indication of reactions.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Note that Damian has aura of good as a paladin.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It speaks common too!

The celedon lowers his blade, Damian's words having a calming effect on him. Turning to look at all of you it nods, "Yes, I can see that now. You are not a mite nor an ostovite, those foul beasts!"

Turning to Rajuna, it apologizes. "I am sorry I injured you, I am jut a little on edge given recent events. "

Sweeping a hand down its body it continues "I am Number Three. Four of us were stationed here by psychopomp decree to tend the tomb and keep intruders out. You see, a great mortal hero is buried here, along with his retainers and assistants. Recently an assault by all manner of creatures has caused great harm to the tomb."

Turning back to Damian he it asks "Why are you here?"


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena took a look at the potions while Marya tied up the blue man. She cast her spell, her eyes glowed, and she studied them carefully.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
She pointed at two of them and said, "These two are healing potions. I don't know about those two though." She took one of them and slid it into her pack. "I'll keep this one for now."

At about the time she finished storing the potion Feena heard the sudden sounds of battle and Marya's sudden movements to join it. When she quickly followed and found what was in the room she stopped and stared. She was about to try and calm the being but Damian was far faster than she and she sighed in relief. Feena had no desire to fight that thing and was pleased the situation was resolved.

As her lights flowed into the room Feena took a chance to step past the being and said, "I'm sorry we trespassed and I wish we could answer your question better than to say we don't know why we are here. We were asleep in town and then we somehow woke up in the stone coffins in the deepest part of the tomb. We have no clue how we got there or what happened to our family and friends in town." Her voice shook slightly as the strain of it all threatened to overwhelm her, "We just want to get out of here and back to our lives."

Feena paused and leaned back against the wall carefully as she calmed herself. She continued to speak once she had and said, "We saw one other that used to be like you further in. I'm sorry to say that it had been melted somehow and was no longer functional. I don't know how it happened but I am sorry for the loss of your comrade." feena's curiosity was piqued by something the construct had said and she cocked her head slightly to one side in a very bird-like manner and asked, "Who are these psychopomps you mentioned? I've never heard of them before."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7
Celedon wrote:
"I am sorry I injured you, I am just a little on edge given recent events."

Raj sheathes his blade and leans heavily against the wall. "Forgiven. In your spot, I woulda done the same..." His eyes crinkle, suspicious. "What 'recent events'? The assault or have other things happened as well?"

Status:
HP: 4 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Number three processes what Feena mentions and nods. "That was likely Number Two. Psychopomps preside over the flow of life. I must go assist Number Two. You will find your exit up these stairs and to the east."

Turning to Rajuna he clarifies "This assault is of what I speak. Nothing else has happened."

Without further comment he pushes past you and begins to head towards the stairwell to the lower floor.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj pushes off the wall, after the Celedon. "One thing more touchin' on your duties... the gem holdin' that wraith is cracking and the mites know of it. We've killed most of them but keep an eye on that gem."

SL - has the team totally searched all the shelves in the other room?

Status:
HP: 4 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena called out to the Caledon as it left, "Where are the other two like you and should we be concerned that they will attack us reflexively as you did?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The floor is clear.

The celedon moves on with a near mechanical straightened posture, not turning back to address any additional questions or concerns you may as it as it moves onward and disappears out of sight in the room with the stairs leading down.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj quickly stuffs a cloth against his wound to staunch the bleeding. He glances around the room at all the plaques but what draws his attention most is the strange angled corner. He examines the wall, looking for a secret door.

Raj will check the odd angled corners of this room and the one holding the mite boss.
I'd suggest we check out the plaques as well, just in case.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception (weird corner this room): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception (weird corner in shelf room): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Just catching up on missed checks...
Appraise DC20 (leaves): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Appraise DC20 (bandolier): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Before they left the room and the tomb Feena looked at the various injuries and said, "Alright, anyone who's hurt gather close together right there." She looked those who did in the eye seriously and then said, "What ever you think about what is to happen please trust that I won't hurt you intentionally."

Assuming more than one person is injured enough to need healing:
Feena began to chant and gesture, her movements were swift and sure, and when she finished a gout of flame leapt from her hands and washed over her companions. Unlike what they might have expected the flames, while unpleasantly hot, didn't burn. Or rather they didn't cause the flesh to burn but their injuries began to smoke and a light searing pain could be felt as they rapidly began to close and a faint screeching sound, like a large bird of prey, could be heard as the flames died away.
burning hands: 1d4 ⇒ 2
using my bloodline arcana so the flames heal rather than harm.
I'll cast another time or two if needed.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"An assault. It appears I was mistaken, and the little blue ones were intruders, just like us. My apologies." Damian watches the celedon as it moves purposefully past him. "The exit is near though, and I am still hopeful that we may learn something from the one we took prisoner."

He turns back to the others and gasps as he watches flames shoot out of Feena's hands and engulfing some of the others. Had an evil spirit possessed her and caused her to attack her companions? No, they did not seem to be harmed by it, and even looked slightly better than they had previously. How odd.

"What is it that you did just now, Feena?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya charges towards the rest of the group, only stopping when she sees the battle is done. She glances about at her companions and the celedon before allowing the tension in her body to dissipate. She listens with rapt attention, disecting every word the statue gives.

The color drains from Marya as she hears the mention of psychopomps. She knows what psychopomps are. Anyone who grew up in Pharasma’s church knows them. Hells, they played the song “Psychopomp and Circumstance” when Marya graduated seminary. “Preside over the flow of life” is a textbook euphemism, literally. Like their master, The Lady of Graves herself, they are uncaring masters of death. For them to care enough about something to personally show up and give orders, something truly significant must be at play. For them to personally oversee the maintenance of someone’s tomb...absolutely unheard of for someone like Roslar, barely a footnote in history.

”We need to follow that statue. This is serious. Psychopomps coming to Golarion and managing a tomb is truly exceptional” A thought crosses her head and she can’t help but vocalize it. ”And we are definitely on Golarion, aren’t we?” She can’t help but begin weighing all the evidence.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

While the group is contemplating what to do next, a monstrous caterpillar with dark-scarlet bristles that drip with thick, dangerous-looking venom emerges from the stairwell. As soon as it appears it launches a web that hits Rajuna, entangling him. Reflex DC12 to avoid being grappled.

Web:
Anyone in the effect’s area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell’s DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

R1: Rajuna, Caterpillar, Damian, Feena, Vlad, Varryk, Marya

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Varryk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Web: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Perception: Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Deaf.
Perception: Feena: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perception: Marya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perception: Rajuna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: Varryk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: Vlad: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 1 ~

An unnatural threat sense allows Raj to sidestep the webbing before it hits him. He spins on his heel and races to a blind corner. A blade drops into his hand and he tenses, preparing to drive the dagger into the caterpillar as soon as it appears. He hisses, "Arrows. Lots of arrows."

MOVE: On Map
SWIFT: Draw Blade
STAND: Ready Attack if the caterpillar comes into view

Reflex Save vs DC12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

BOOM:
Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS:
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status:
HP: 4 / 10
NL: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Bristles: 1d20 ⇒ 5

The caterpillar moves up 5' and Rajuna slashes at him, but swings too soon and misses. The caterpillar then attacks Rajuna twice, the first one coming extremely close to him, but thankfully the rogue bends out of the way just as it is about to hit him. His second attack doesn't even come close however, missing by a mile.

R1: Rajuna, Caterpillar, Damian, Feena, Vlad, Varryk, Marya R2: Rajuna

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad is just about to ask what in the world these psychopomp things are when the centipede bursts into the room. He rushes to interpose his body between his companions and danger, swinging his flail powerfully.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 161d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

The sudden agitation of his comrades warns him of new danger, and Damian steps into the room, weapon ready. Positioned protectively in front of Feena, he shudders in revulsion at the giant creeper, and prepares to skewer it with an arrow, but he remembers at the last minute to not elbow the woman behind him in the face, so his draw lacks power and the arrow plinks harmlessly on the stone floor.

Attack, PBS, firing in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena saw the monster come in and try to web her friends and screamed in horror at the thing. She hated bugs...she really hated bugs, and this thing, it was a really big bug! She realized that her presence caused Damin problems when he had to pull his draw short and she quickly moved so she wouldn't be in his way next time. her new position achieved Feena cast a spell and sent a jolt of electricity zipping out at the creature.
jolt: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 = 61d3 ⇒ 1

351 to 400 of 1,520 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.