GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


151 to 200 of 1,607 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj hesitates and briefly debates how to tackle this situation. His training never included an undead-stallion-ridden-by-demon-silverfish scenario. He had the element of surprise. Both Vlad and Marya had proven remarkably quick to support his play, which felt strange to rely upon.

Sorry to delay my actions here but there are a few too many variables for comfort. Questions:
1. With surprise, can I strike at the bug inside the horse or do we have to nuke the horse first?
2. On the map I'm in the room but from your description it sounds like I'm back another 5', correct?
3. If I am back 5', could I charge 10' south smack up against the crypt and strike this guy (assuming I have to wreck the horse first)?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Wherever you are on the map, that's the correct location. I was in a hurry this morning and may have misrepresented it in my description. Go with wherever you have your token currently. The ostovite is fully protected inside of the ribcage, it seems unlikely you'll be able to attack it directly.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Surprise Round ~

Raj turns his head with ridiculous slowness gaining Vlad's and Marya's attention to ensure they see the heavy mace slide down into his fist in a tense combat grip. He nods to them as he quickly jumps to the right, vanishing from view.

He speaks rapidly as he sweeps the mace toward the horse's shoulder, hoping to shatter it. "Skel'ton horse n' bug! Anyone not saving my ass block the bug tunnel on the left!"

FREE: 5' step on map
STAND: Smash

BOOM:
STAND: MW Heavy Mace B (crit: 20/2x)
MODS: sneak
HIT: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
DAM: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2) = 7

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna's mace isn't swung with precision or with a lot of power, but it gets the job done as it collides with the skeletal frame of the undead horse. Dozens of bones fly off of the horse, but it still seems to stay upright, though just barely.

The front hoof of the creature lashes back at Rajuna, but it is poorly executed and Rajuna dodges it easily.

R1: Horse, Rajuna, Feena, Marya, Varryk, Vlad, Bug, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Varryk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Bug: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Horse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 1 ~

Slipping past the lashing hooves, Rajuna swings the mace at the horse's - hopefully fragile - neck. Compensating for his previous poor swing, this one carries more weight behind it.

STAND: Smash

I included an AoO roll in case the horse drops and I get a shot at the bug as it scuttles away.

BOOM:
STAND: MW Heavy Mace B (crit: 20/2x)
MODS:
HIT: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

AoO: MW Heavy Mace B (crit: 20/2x)
MODS:
HIT: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna's mace shatters the remainder of the horse skeleton, sending the bug falling to the ground and dozens of bones flying in all directions.
Horse is down! Does anyone else do combat or is it a one-man Rajuna show on this team?!


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya takes a step up towards the door as she hears the smash of mace on bone. She sighs at the sight of the bug, then begins doing her display of swordswomanship.

Five foot step to move forward then full round action to use Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword. Everyone within 30ft who can see her gets +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for the next round

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad watches again as Raj is able to get two strikes before he can react. But rushing in behind him, he brings his heavy flail to bear against the bug. Inspired by his fellow Iomedaean, the strike is accurate.

Heavy Flail, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 191d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Vlad is going to be a fan of Marya's inspiring swordplay. :)


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad's heavy flail crushes the ostovite, injuring the tiny creature. If it was a larger bug it likely would have had more damage due to a larger surface area, its tiny size helping minimize the amount of damage received.

R1: Horse, Rajuna, Feena, Marya, Varryk, Vlad, Bug, Damian


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 5/6

Feena was surprised at the sudden and vicious attack on the skeleton and equally surprised it went down so quickly. She could just barely see the bug thing as it was smashed and so quickly cast a spell of her own sending a tiny arc of electricity out at the thing.
jolt: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 21d3 ⇒ 1
It's electricity damage which likely won't hit or do much if it does but still, better than nothing.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena's electrical arc touches down on the ground near the ostovite, but doesn't quite extend to the creature itself.

Varryk can't get the angle that he wants and delays until he can get a clean shot.

The osotovite uses that opportunity to climb up the leg of the creature closest to it, Vlad. The tiny creature moves under his feet provoking and tries to bite the calf of the fighter. Vlad shakes his leg and knocks the creature back to the floor before the parasite can do any damage.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

R1: Horse, Rajuna, Feena, Marya, Varryk, Vlad, Bug, Damian
R2: Rajuna, Feena, Marya, Varryk, Vlad, Bug, Damian

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad is so surprised when the creature tries to climb on him that he misses it wildly. He swings again, but strikes only the floor.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 91d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Heavy Flail (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 71d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 2 ~

Assuming that the 'reduced damage' from the flail is a kindly DM hint about DR...

If it weren't sickening, Raj would almost grin at the strange creature mounting Vlad's leg. "Looks like love."
The Varisian doesn't want to risk smashing his ally's leg with a clumsy mace blow and the wee beastie fared well against a flail. Maybe precision is needed?

He lets the mace fall to the floor with a clang and steps closer to the beast. Pulling the dagger from his belt, he tries to stab it right in the center of what passes for its head.

FREE: 5' move (on map)
FREE: Drop Mace
MOVE: Draw Blade
STAND: Stab!

BOOM:
STAND: MW Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Inspired Sword
HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 Yes?
DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
+ Crit DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Unsurprisingly, Rajuna once again deals the killing blow after Vlad's unfortunately double-miss on the ostovite. With his blade hitting the soft underside of the parasite, the combat comes to an end.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

The bug dead, Marya follows the others in and begins taking a look around. ”Good job, everyone. Like the hustle and efficiency!”

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

It looks like on the map that there’s some kinda small passage thing in the southeast portion of this room. Do we see that? If so, she will look there


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

@Marya - I think that is the otovite tunnel mentioned HERE.

Raj kicks the bug corpse away and wipes the abyssal goo off his blade before re-sheathing it and picking up the mace. He nods to the others, "Thanks for coverin' my back."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian is eager to move on, but it seems that Rajuna and Vlad found something in the chamber to the south. Damian cranes his neck trying to see, when Rajuna suddenly disappears from view and bones start flying everywhere. Then... a bug? climbs on Vlad, who starts flailing wildly at it.

I hope I don't hit him instead, thinks Damian as he nocks an arrow and takes aim carefully.

Attack, inspiring sword, point blank shot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 6 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Drat! Sorry, sorry!" Damian calls out as his arrow skitters across the floor, knocking into some bones and failing entirely to hit anything of consequence. Fortunately, by then Rajuna had ended the menace of...

"What is that?"

Wow, byt the time I finished writing my post, combat was over. That's what I get for trying to play while working. I'm also playing it as if Damian is not aware of the ostovites, as he was not in the room when the explanation was given.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

On the floor in the room to the south, scattered among Abdell’s bones are silver and jade adornments from the decayed bridle that might be worth a couple of coins.

Appraise DC20:
They are worth 65 gp.


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Well, you take one Sunday off for Game of Thrones and friends and you miss all the action!

Varryk merely blinked. It had all been over far too quickly for him to shoot. Frankly, these confines were not really the best place for him to be using a hornbow, but he would make do.

"Well struck," he said simply.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj places the horse's skull on its crypt. It seemed the least he could do to honor the steed. He looks at the decayed bridle goods and has no idea how much they'd sell for. He asks cautiously, "Should we take these? They're probably worth somethin' and we may have need of coin depending on what waits us outside this tomb."

Appraise DC:20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Marya grimaces at the thought of taking things just for coin. There's enough Pharasmin in her still that she can't bring herself to that.

"We don't strictly need it, so I'd leave it."

It's always an awkward situation when you are feeling like the adventure is telling you to loot something when there's really iffy in-character reasons as to why you would

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Yeah, I'd tried to give us a reason to take stuff (evil in the crypts, we need to safeguard it and make sure we give it to the authorities when we get out), but there weren't any takers for my work-around. ;P


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya, like her player, is especially wary of moral arguments that just so happen to align perfectly with expedience over principle


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Don’t feel pressured to take things just because they are conveniently available if it doesn’t mesh with what your character would do. I’m pretty tight with a guy who can make it rain gold or items if it’s required. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk raises an eyebrow at Marya.
"Don't need it? That's debatable. We don't know where we are, and I've not precisely a surplus of coin on me at the moment. Seems to me that that would be better suited to our purses than moldering in the long, cold dark. That said, I am not an overly religious man, nor am I much learned in the customs of caring for the dead. If you say it should stay, I'll abide by that... but I have reservations about leaving behind anything that could potentially be of use to us. We are not exactly flush with resources."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"I would not take them. If the town is in danger, we won't have time to trade for supplies. And they belong here." Damian looks sadly at the scattered remains of what must once have been a magnificent horse. He blinks once, then seems to surface from whatever brief thoughts he's been having and straightens, striding after the others as they move to the last opening of this room.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj scoops up the remnants of the bridle and whatever wealth it may contain and places the pile beside the horse's skull - making it easier to either leave it with the dead or sort out the valuable bits for sale. He wipes the bone fragments and dust from his hands, offering no judgement either way.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya gives an exhausted sigh. "Pharasma is very particular about how she wants tombs and graves kept and she doesn't tolerate misbehavior. Believe me, I took a whole damn class on it. I'm already on Her s+*+ list, and let me tell you, it ain't fun. Pharasma has gladly struck a man impotent for defending a necromancer in court. (Actually a plot point in something...) I also doubt The Inheritor would be happy with Her servants looting the tombs of one of Her heroes unless it was absolutely necessary." She gives Vlad a cold stare.

She begins to throw up her hands, remembers she has a sword and shield in-hand, then decides to shrug instead. "Either way, I can't stop you from doing whatever you want to do. But until these bugs start trading in gold from the Lastwall mint, I think we're fine."

Hearing Damian express his agreement and worrying she was too caustic in her response, Marya takes a deep centering breath. "Sorry for getting pissy." She marches off on ahead, mumbling something to herself. "I swear, not a day goes by I don't wish I could stab whichever acquisitive Abadaran idiot invented money."

Moved her down the map some. Let me know if she's being too surly!

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad returns Marya's cold stare.

I'm tired of her holier than thou attitude...the same as all the clergy in Vigor!

"'Pissy' is an understatement," he says under his breath. He wasn't sure why the cleric seemed to have a dislike for him, but he could wait to give her a piece of his mind.

Iomedae provides the way, but they won't use the means she has provided. I didn't notice anyone protesting when Raj took the mace--that's more valuable than half the other things we found. If they want to leave the valuables for desecration, so be it!

Vlad stalks after Raj, just wanting to get out of this place.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Rajuna was a lone wolf by nature and for his job. The intracies of teamwork when it came to working with differing personalities and motivations was somewhat foreign and unsteady ground. Given the danger of their situation, in-fighting was a concern. He approaches the taller half-orc, looks him in the eye, and gives him a light clap on the shoulder. "If we get out of here, we'll have some money. This mace is worth a couple hundred easy. If you need more coin after getting your share - come see me. I'll lend you what I don't need. You've got skills worth paying more." He smiles grimly, "Just make sure we get out of here alive, eh?"

Ready to move on, when everybody is good to go. Would you like to use my rolls for the SW Room HERE or should I re-roll? Or - judging by her icon - is Marya going at it full speed ahead! :D


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Perception: Marya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Marya moves west and then southwest into the last remaining unexplored area. She passes through a room with a small alcove on the east wall that contains stone shelves with some boxes and bags. On the floor are several shiny plates of insectile exoskeleton that glimmer with a faint red glow. As she moves through the pieces, nothing much happens, so she continues on into the next room.

This wide room has a hallway leading out of the north wall and a set of stairs leading up to the east. An elaborately lifelike image carved into the south wall depicts a mustachioed knight kneeling before a slender woman with feathery wings. The woman holds a rapier above her head with one hand while the other is extended to the knight, who is kissing it. Lettering above the image reads, “Faithfulness Always to the Red Crusader.”

More importantly however, four housecat-sized beetles sit in this room and immiedatley move towards Marya as she enters it. They are dull brown in color brightened by two glowing green-yellow spots on its carapace, staring directly at her.

R1: Varryk, Rajuna, Marya, Feena, Bugs - RYB, Damian, Vlad, Bugs PPO

Knowledge Nature DC11:
These bugs are the nocturnal fire beetles.

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Varryk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bugs - RYB : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Bugs - PPO: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya lets out a long breath that seems to say "I just can't catch a break" in a way that words cannot quite match. "Well, s##+."

Her sword in-hand and the bugs right there, she takes the opportunity to slash out at the one in reach. It's like purple or magenta.

Attack with Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

She then takes a step back into the previous room. "BUGS. Lots of them."

AoO (if needed):

Attack with Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya's longsword flashes quickly to the beetle in front of her, slashes clean through it and cutting it into two pieces, killing it instantly. One down!


Init +4 Perception +7 Male Half-Orc Ranger (Infiltrator) 1 HP 11 | AC 18 Touch 14 FF 14 | Fort +5 Ref +8 Will +4 | Orcish Hornbow +5 (2d6/x3/80 feet) | Greatsword +2 (2d6+1/19-20)

Varryk makes his way over, and does not take the time to attempt to identify the creatures. The immediacy of combat is on him, and he fires at the first visible enemy, his ammunition audibly cutting through the air as it speeds to Varryk's target.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 1 ~

I can't see all the bugs so this is a bit of guesswork...

Raj leaps off a shelf to vault over Marya. He tumbles across the hard stone floor then rolls onto his feet next to a waiting insect. He slashes at the bug but the creature's instincts are honed. It easily skitters out of range.

MOVE: On map
SWIFT: Wrist Blade
STAND: Stab Yellow Bug!

BOOM:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 +2 on roll if Marya threatened by a bug. Move through Marya's space in case purple bug is still alive.

STAND: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Sneak Attack - If acting before Yellow Bug
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
DAM: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

Status:
HP: 10 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 5/6

Feena was left in something of a daze as they quickly cleared the various rooms they were near. It seemed the fights happened so quickly that she wasn't aware they were happening until it was all over. They finally came upon a group of four beetles and yet another fight ensued. This time Feena was ready to help but she was able to do little more than direct her lights to float into the rooms and help with the illumination.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna misses for the first time today, the time of his swing all wrong. Feena moves the lights around to the room to help illuminate the battlefield while Varryk lands a ranged shot and nearly kills a beetle.

Three beetles quickly surround Rajuna, flanking him and boxing him in. A fifth beetle emerges from the stairway to his east and two of the three beetles manage to bite into the man's ankles.

Attack Rajuna, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Attack Rajuna, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

R1: Damian, Vlad, Bugs PPO
R2: Varryk, Rajuna, Marya, Feena, Bugs - RYB, Damian, Vlad, Bugs PPO


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

I think you might want to roll for Crit Confirmation on that first attack, SL. :(

As he is flanked, Rajuna has a moment for quiet reflection. Oh, you fecking eejit! No No NO!
Thankfully, the mandibles carving into his flesh buries the thought beneath a wave of pain.

Status:
HP: 7 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian should be staying back and covering the rear, but he's had enough of being the last one to the party. Besides, it looked like their most capable fighter could be in trouble, and he was not going to stand idly by while someone was in danger. Even if the danger did come from strangely big, strangely aggressive bugs.

Stepping up to Marya, Damian flattens himself against the wall so he could still watch their rear, extending his left arm through the doorway and pulling back on the string of his bow, arrow already nocked. "Heads up," he warns Marya before releasing the tension and sending the arrow flying.

Attack orange, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad enters the room and swings mightily at one of the bugs, but his flail only ends up taking chunks out of the stone floor.

Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If the bug above Marya is already dead, I'll instead double move just above Raj.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Oh, I don't know how I missed that! Thanks!:)
Attack, Confirm Raj: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Damian's shot lands squarely on the orange tinted beetle in the corner of the room, disabling it much like Varryk had done with his arrow. While both creatures are still alive, it likely wouldn't take but a solid kick from their foot to send them to their deaths.

Vlad moves up and swings at the beetle adjacent to Marya and Damian, but is too distracted by the arrows flying around him that he pulls his swipe short and misses.

Orange Attack Marya: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The orange tinted beetle to Marya's south moves over and bites her right calf muscle, sinking its sharp pincers into her flesh. Shortly after doing so however, the beetle collapses to the ground from the wounds it previously sustained. Orange is down!

Pink Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Meanwhile, the beetle that Vlad just struck at attempts to return the favor but produces the same result, missing. Just like the beetle south of Marya, the northern beetle succombs to its wounds and collapses to the ground. Pink is down!

R2: Varryk, Rajuna, Marya, Feena, Bugs - RYB, Damian, Vlad


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 2 ~

A matching curved blade drops into the rogue's other hand. He turns slowly, assessing the enemy, his hard-eyed look is uncompromising and feral.
Time to dance...
Blades lash out in multiple angles of attack, focusing on the bug behind the wall, trying to break the flanking maneuver.

SWIFT: 2nd Wrist Blade
FULL: Stabby! (Red then Blue if Red is dead)

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: none
HIT #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 pretty please...
DAM #1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+ Crit DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

HIT #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
DAM #2: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Status:
HP: 7 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):

Spell Effects:
xxxxx - effects - Rnd x of y


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya curses at her injured foot and at the inconsiderate beetle that couldn’t be bothered to let her get revenge. Seeing Raj surrounded, Marya jumps back into the fray with him, not wanting to leave him to get dog-beetle-piled. She carefully edges around the room to get out of the way of the archers. ”Burst them down! I’ll heal us after!” She slashes out at one of the bugs flanking Raj.

Attack on Yellow with Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna critically strikes the beetle to his east, dispatching it in a single strike once again. His followup attack on his backside isn't as lucky though, the beetle easily evading the curved blade.

Marya's longsword finds purchase in the next beetle, severely injuring it but leaving it on its feet.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 5/6

Feena moved in now that the fighting had gotten far enough from the doorway that she could and the lights came with her, spreading out around the room. She quickly chanted and gestured and sent a spark of electricity out at the nearest bug.
jolt on blue: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 161d3 ⇒ 3


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena's electrical arc strikes the yellow beetle that Marya just struck, finishing it off and leaving only a single beetle still standing.

Varryk is up!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Varryk delays until he can get a better shot, holding his action for a more opportune time.

The last beetle attempts to bite Rajuna, but it doesn’t even come close as the wielded of curved blades simply lifts his leg out of the way and causes it to miss.

Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Everyone is up! One beetle left!


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 3 ~

The Varisian sidesteps nearer the beetle then thrusts both blades, trying to skewer the quick moving beast.

FREE: 5' move
FULL: Stabby!

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: none
HIT #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
DAM #1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

HIT #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 nope!
DAM #2: 1d4 ⇒ 3
+ Crit DAM: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Status:
HP: 7 / 10
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad watches as Raj finishes off the last beetle, but moves up to assist in the event it's still not dead.

Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Guessing it's dead, but that wouldn't hit, anyway.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna's first strike misses the beetle, but the second strike injures the beetle, nearly critically. Despite taking the wound from the blade, the beetle remains on its feet and threatening.

Vlad tries to followup with a powerful blow, but he puts too much strength into his attack and it flies wildly past his target.

151 to 200 of 1,607 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.