GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,362 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Ah, you're right.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Drat!" Damian curses as he nocks another arrow. They are in each other's way in this small space, but he's seen what's beyond the sliding doors.

Attack, inspiring Sword, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Vlad, don't forget Shake it Off for saves - and remember that Coral gives an extra +1 there.

AOO on Blue, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Coral stabs the blob as it slithers towards her.

Fort, Shake it Off, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 15

She steps back and stabs again, harder this time.
Attack Blue, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Please remember to call targets of your attacks (color preferred)! When there is only or two enemies and it's easy for me to figure out that's cool, but when there are four like this it slows me down to try and figure out where the attack is going.

Damian doesn't miss this time, burying the arrow into the furthest creature away by the front door. Coral follows up with two successful strikes on the ooze that moved nearly on to her feet. As one of them crawls towards Marya, she slices it with her silver longsword!

The ooze under both Damian and Vlad's bodies both surge forward onto their feet, slamming into them (2 damage + DC14 fort save). The remaining two both crawl onto Marya's feet, but she manages to avoid the attacks and shake them off of her.

R2: Pustules, Insectoids, Vlad, Feena, R3: Damian, Marya, Coral

GM:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral takes a step and continues her attack on Blue. Her rapier does not hit as hard as Vlad's flail, but she does her best.
Attack on Blue, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad easily avoids any additional consequences from the ooze's attack. Squaring his shoulders, he brings his flail down hard on the one at his feet.

"I strike for the light!" he exclaims.

fort save (shake it off): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 Thanks for the reminder, Coral--enough times and I may start to remember it! :)

Heavy Flail (power attack) vs. Green: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 161d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 = 16


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Fort save, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

"Ack!" Damian shakes his foot to get rid of the bloated slug, then hops one step to the south as he aims another arrow straight down.

Attack blue, PBS, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

All of the sudden, the room asplodes in multiple places. Vlad's flat smashes the pustule at his feet and pieces of the ooze explode in multiple directions. Damian's arrow has a similar affect, exploding the one at this feet.

These suckers are blowing you all up. Everyone but Feena is going to get blasted by ooziness. Vlad's ooze does Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11 and Damian's does Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7. You need two saves for eeach. The first is a DC14 Reflex for half damage and the second is a DC12 Fort save for nothing in particular.

Since Vlad and Damian's are down, I didn't apply Coral's attack yet. Let me know how you want to proceed.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Reflex Save (IIS): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Fortitude Save (IIS): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26

Reflex Save (IIS): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Fortitude Save (IIS): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Marya is miraculously fast enough to avoid the worst of one of the explosions, but the second hits her hard. She looks over herself, covered in whatever the hells these creatures were and tries to wipe off what she can.

”I hate this. I really, truly loathe this to the bottom of my soul. I didn’t even think souls had a bottom until this moment, that’s how much I hate this.”

She steps back towards the corner and heals herself, trying not to think about the disgusting mess on her.

Cure Light Wounds (blessed touch): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Was down to 2 hp, so needed to heal before that happens again :(

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad is splattered by gore from multiple sources, but manages to avoid what could otherwise have been something much worse.

He spits some horrendous horror out of his mouth, then cries "Everyone else get back! I'll handle the last one!"

reflex (shake it off!: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 If Inspiring Sword still up, +2 on all these rolls. My goodness, that's a great ability Marya.
fort (shake it off!: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

reflex (shake it off!: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17
fort (shake it off!: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Reflex, Inspiring Sword, Shake it Off: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 17
Reflex, Inspiring Sword, Shake it Off: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 29

Given that Coral has Evasion and takes no damage from the exploding pustules, does she need the Fort saves too?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No. Fort saves are only if you take damages from explosions.
I still need Coral's move, whatcha wanna do?


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral will do as Vlad asks and move south out of the room.
On my phone, so can't do Roll20 right now.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Reflex, IS: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Reflex, IS: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Fortitude, IS: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Fortitude, IS: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"Try to just knock them out if you can! Maybe they won't explode then."

Alternatively, doing small amounts of damage might be fine. As long as we don't get them to their negative con, hopefully they won't explode until we have a chance to move out


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Let's pretend that your GM paid attention this morning and actually comprehended that these things need to die to explode. Sigh. Please wipe away all these saves and aoe damages, nothing exploded. There are two down and two under Marya. Coral and Feena still have moves this round. My apologies.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

If Marya didn’t need to heal herself, she would have just continued Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword for another round, so let’s just do that


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Shifting to the side for a better view Feena sent another jolt o electricity out at one of the strange pustules attacking Marya.
jolt on yellow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 151d3 ⇒ 1


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Since Vlad and Damian's pustules are down, Coral directs her attack to one of the ones underneath Marya's feet. Her blade slashes the ooze into numerous pieces and eliminates it at as a threat, leaving only one. Feena blasts it with her electric jolt, but it still manages to stay alive.

The ooze slides south and tries to slam into Marya, but she moves her feet out of the way and the tiny creature misses.

R3: Pustule, Vlad, Feena, R4: Damian, Marya, Coral

Attack Marya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya steps back, continuing calling upon Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks

AoO (if needed):

AoO with Cold Iron Longsword (iis): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
AoO Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral will move up and try to finish off the gross thing.
Attack, IS, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

Ooze, right? So can't crit? Ah well.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya strikes the ooze as it advances into her square and then Coral piles on with addition damage that seems to be sufficient to cause the ooze to stop moving, dropping unconscious. Out of combat.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

”Let’s circle up with Feena. I’ll give us a bit of healing.”

Marya waits until everyone gets out of range of the oozes before using a channel, not wanting to bring any of them conscious again.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Everyone heals 2, Vlad heals 4

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad is glad for the healing. As much as he does not fear pain or punishment, he had nearly died in the previous battle.

I will not take chances anymore--Father would agree.

He congratulates the others on a battle well-fought.

"Let us press on--" he said, once everyone is ready.

I'll go back through the double doors to the north.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian keeps his bow at the ready, knowing what lies beyond the doors and expecting them to be hostile.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sliding open the double doors to the north, the group is ready for trouble. Vlad and Feena time it correctly and manage to act before the flying pests see the door has been opened.

R1: Feena, Vlad, Coral, Bats, Marya, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Bats: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Relieved the pustule things are done for Feena entered the room again and hesitated when she looked through the next doors and saw the flying things. She didn't like the look of them and did not hesitate as she cast a spell and once again a tiny jolt of electricity lanced out at the nearest insect.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d3 ⇒ 1


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral moves up and tries to skewer one (teal).
Attack, PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
SA if applicable: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad draws back his flail and swings hard, but the small creature is too small and the blow goes well over its head.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 71d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Once the door is opened, Feena unleashes another bolt of electricity towards one of the flying insectoid creature with batwings, striking it. Both Vlad and Coral step into the room and swing at the flying creature, but are unable to hit it.

All four flying creatures converge on the two two occupants in the room, two to Coral and two to Vlad (AoO from each of you for entering your space). The barbed legs of the flying creature latch on each of them, holding them in place (You are essentially grappled). Once secured, it inserts its proboscis into their flesh. Take 1 CON damage from each attack. If your AoO hits and you do more than 5 damage then negate one of the attacks.

As Marya, Damian and Feena prepare to launch an attack, the corpse of the fallen pustule in the center of the room in front of the door that Vlad had swatted down explodes. Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 This hits everyone. You need two saves for each. The first is a DC14 Reflex for half damage and the second is a DC12 Fort save for nothing in particular.

R1: Bats, Marya, Damian, R2: Feena, Vlad, Coral

GM:

Touch c: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 1d100 ⇒ 22
Touch c: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 1d100 ⇒ 94
Touch v: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 1d100 ⇒ 83
Touch v: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 1d100 ⇒ 52


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral stabs at a bug as it comes after her.
AOO: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10

She tries to dodge the exploding ooze.
Reflex, Shake it Off: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 Any partial cover from the doorway for +1 Reflex saves?

Fort Save if needed:
Fort, Shake it Off, 2 Con Damage: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 16

Vlad, you have +3 from Shake it Off on these saves, being adjacent to Coral (+2) and Feena (+1).

Waiting on her turn until the others go and the Reflex save question resolved.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"They're exploding!" Damian exclaims as the disgusting innards of the pustule hit him and everyone else. He rushes out of the vestibule trying to put distance between himself and the remains.

Will probably take AoOs from blue and purple, but better that than massive explodey damage #famouslastwords.

Once he thinks himself safely out of reach of the exploding wallpaper ticks, he sets to assisting his companions against the flying menaces.

Attack purple, PBS, in melee: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 - 4 = 6 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

@Damian the bugs are apparently grappling, so shouldn’t be able to take AoOs i think. Their proboscises are attached atm

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9Yay! I still get to find out what delightful contagion is in store for me...*cries*

Cue what Marya said when they exploded before the retcon

[b]”Get away from them before more explode!”[b] Marya follows Damian into the next room, not keen on a repeat performance. She takes a powerful swing at one of the bugs on Vlad.

Attack with Mwk Silver Longsword vs Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad swings at, and kills, one of the creatures before it can get to him. But one does make it through, latching onto him.

Surrounded by his companions, Vlad takes the full extent of the explosion, though no ongoing harmful effects.

With one of these things latched onto him, he draws his dagger and stabs at it.

Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

refl save (shake it off): 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 = 6
fort save (shake it off): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 3 = 26

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena's eyes widened as she saw what the bug things did and quickly cast another jolt of electricity out at the nearest of the bugs red and then quickly stepped back.

jolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 01d3 ⇒ 2

...ouch...


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena needs the saves from above, she was inside and in range.
I'll give you a partial cover bonus Coral, you pass the save. It never hurts to ask.

Coral up.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

If 5 damage drops these things, then Vlad took out 1 with a flail AOO, Marya took out 1 with her sword, and Vlad took out 1 with his dagger (presuming a 17 hits). So someone must have taken out one of Coral's bugs.

She stabs at the remaining one.
Attack,PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It takes 6 to drop them. Marya took one out. Vlad's flail took one out, but his dagger attacked him as described, but dropped unconscious after doing so at the end of his turn. At the end of Vlad's turn his are both down and Marya took out one of Coral's. Coral doesn't quite finish the one in her square.

The creature stays attached to Coral after her attack, though just barely. It drains some more blood from her, but then passes out from the effort and drops to the ground.

Out of combat! Coral took 3 CON damage and Vlad took 1.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Whoops, missed that.
Ref: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13
fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Before Feena could even think to attack the nearby pustule thing exploded right beside her. Caught off guard she failed to avoid the explosion in the least
Ref: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
She was left off balance when the second one exploded and took the brunt of that one as well. All said and done she never did get her spell completed as it fizzled out in the casting from the sudden onslaught. Fortunately for her the last of the bugs went down around the same time.

I'm correct in it being 2 ref and 2 fort correct?


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Just the one set of saves, I believe

Marya bends over and heaves, less at the damage she took and more out of disgust at this whole “exploding ooze and popping blood-sucking mosquitos full of blood” situation.

”Well, that was horrible. Circle up again. Last couple of these for today.”

Obviously doing this away from all the unconscious bugs and ooze time bombs

Channel (blessed touch): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Everyone heals 1, Vlad heals 3
Channel (blessed touch): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Everyone heals 2, Vlad heals 4


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian lowers his bow as the last of the insectoid creatures is slain. He looks upon his companions, assessing their injuries, and holding up a hand.

"Allow me."

Calling upon the Dawnflower's grace, he releases a wave of healing energy, careful to keep the downed hostiles out of range.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Hate mosquitoes... or whatever they were."
Coral wasn't actually injured but seems a bit woozy. She stabs the fallen bugs several times to make sure they are dead.

3 Con damage - so -1 on Fort saves and -2 max HP.

She listens at the West door. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
She listens at the East door. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

She checks both for traps. As usual for an active search, she is checking twice; one Take 10 and one roll - might get less obsessive about this once her Perception is better and I am more confident in her Take 10.
Traps on West?: 10 + 9 = 19
Traps on West?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Traps on East?: 10 + 9 = 19
Traps on East?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Up the stairs or through one of these doors?"


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya looks over Coral, noticing that she’s still not looking great. Take ten on heal to diagnose

”Sorry about that, Coral. You look like you need a different kind of healing than I can provide at the moment.”

Marya stretches, not wanting all this tension in her body from fighting to cause her to lock up. ”I’m personally of the opinion we should clear this floor before moving on to the next. It makes getting ambushed less likely.”


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"What kind of person lives in a house where these creatures just roam freely? Or were they perhaps guardians?"

Just in case the psychopomp was listening, Damian raises his voice. "We come in peace! We need your assistance, and offer our skills in return!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

He watches the others intently, in case they hear any response.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"Guardians, tricks, and traps," Vlad says after Damian speaks, unsure if speaking to the master of this place will do any good before they have navigated its realm.

"Let us look around this level before we go upstairs," he agrees with Marya.

I should be full on HP, and since I have an odd Con score, the -1 Con will not do anything to my max.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral detects sounds of something rumaging through a room on the left and no noise, but a terrible smell on the room to the east.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral points to the West door. "Someone there. Maybe not hostile, we can hope. Vlad, you want to do the honors?"

'We can hope'... is that a joke? No, I guess we can still hope. It's all we have.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya readies her sword. She’s not feeling very hopeful today.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods, then opens the door to the west.

"Let's go."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I messed up. There are no noises to the left room. Do you still want to go that way?

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,362 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.