GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,403 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Sure, why not.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Let’s do it!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad opens the door to the room on the left and finds a large parlor that has several padded chairs and an enormous sofa with upholstery so dark that it is barely visible in the dim room. A delicate wooden table with a distinct inlaid pattern bears a full decanter. Sliding doors lead out to the west, north, and east.

Faint sounds of harp music emanate from beyond the door to the north, and the smell of plants is evident to the west.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"Be careful, this could either be an insidious trap or we are about to waltz into someone's parlor while they're trying to relax."

Marya immediately refreshes her light spell, finding even the dim light disconcerting, then follows Vlad in.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena felt the wave of energy from Damian wash over her and her and felt a sensation of relaxation. Her wounds from the exploding thing fully healed from the positive energy. She made sure she was facing Damian and said, "Thank you Damian."

As they prepared to move on Feena cast her normal spell to create her dancing lights to help light their way. When she was ready she said, "Sound like a good idea, lead the way."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Are we moving north into the music?


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral examines the doors to the north, then opens them.
Perception: 10 + 9 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

North is good.

Vlad waits for Coral to do her work, then hefts his flail and leads the way through the door.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad opens the door into a music room. Strains of harp music fill this room, emanating from a large harp placed on a six-foot diameter dais in the room’s southwest corner. Other musical instruments are mounted on the walls here, from large woodwinds to tiny fiddles. A few padded stools are scattered throughout the room.

Including the harp, there are seven masterwork musical instruments located in this room.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral looks at the instruments, but does not touch.
"We're not here to loot the place. Where is this Kishikosh? Are these instruments part of a puzzle we are to solve?
My gut says to leave things be until we have a better understanding of the rules of this 'game'."

She takes a look on the ground for any recent footprints.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad agrees with Coral. [b]"I have no desire to upset the owner of this place. Perhaps it will prove to be a puzzle to solve, but for now, let's try a different room.

Looks like we can go north or west from the foyer, and we tried east? North next?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral searches the ground for signs of recent traffic, but finds nothing.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shrugs as the room appears empty of people. ”Self-playing harp, huh? Convenient.” She then heads to the next door. ”Onwards, I suppose? I believe the western door is next?

Perception for Traps on the Doors: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya searches the doors to the western room for traps and finding none gives the signal to Vlad to open them both up.

Grimy glass comprises the walls and ceiling of this large greenhouse, barely admitting the dim moonlight. Benches filled with live potted plants line the sides of the room; bags of soil and gardening equipment are stashed underneath. Some of the bags are open, spilling dirt across the greenhouse floor. Strange tracks, as if left by a large earthworm, crisscross the dirt. A sturdy iron-framed glass door leads out of this room to the west, while a sliding double door leads out to the east. A small slate chalkboard hangs on a peg near the sliding door, with a piece of chalk tied to the frame.

Survival DC20:
You are able to pick out which of the tracks are most recent and identify and pinpoint the exact last location as towards the northwest corner of the room.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad examines the tracks but can make nothing of them. "Something has been here--anyone venture a guess as to what?"

Looking at their options, he says "Shall we continue to the west?"

survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Unable to hear the strains of harp music, Damian finds nothing strange about the music room, nor does he pay the instruments any mind. The greenhouse is of slightly more interest, triggering echoes of his life on the farm. He looks around, trying to identify the plants.

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

While you can go west, that is a door that leads out of the greenhouse back outside. Was that your attention here Vlad? Your only exit from the greenhouse is west (outside) and east back into the sitting room. The music room was a dead end so your only obvious exits are back east into the room where the flying pests were and the stairs up. From there you can go upstairs, east into the smelly room or south back into the vestibule with the flying pustules.

Damian tries to examine the plants but doesn't recognize any, perhaps they are unique to the Boneyard? While looking around however, he notices a wooden box with what looks like a wand sticking out of the wide of it laying in a pile of straw.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"That doesn't look like a gardening implement, does it?"

Damian points out the box to the others.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya picks up the presumed wand, then holds it out to Feena. ”Any idea what this is?” Once she takes a look at the wand, Marya motions to head back towards the east.

So have we finished checking out everything on this floor we are aware of? Or was there something left to the east besides the stairs?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I muts be failing at describing how the floor is configured. You entered through the vestibule in the center of the building and came into a foyer which steps leading up, doors west, east and south. You left the east doors alone with the bad smell and went west into the sitting room. The music room was to the room and the greenhouse was to the west. The east side of the building is still unexplored.

Marya walks over to the hay pile and opens the chest, noting the wand and several vials sitting inside of it. As she reaches into it, a pot over in the opposite corner falls off a ledge and shatters on the ground. As she turns to investigate the source of the noise, there is a mutter of sounds in the northern corner of room. With sounds coming from all areas of the room now, everyone knows something strange is going on.

Marya suddenly because extremely fearful of this situation, dread flooding her body. Marya - DC14 Will or become frightened. Success puts you at shaken.

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Baddie: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Okay, got it! That was my bad on misreading

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Marya feels the fear wash over her, but she has encountered far worse fears than this generic terror. Still shaken, she stows the wand for now, then places a hand upon her heart and thinks of her love, Hilde. I will never forget my heart as long as I remember you. She grants herself Iomedae’s Bolstering Touch.

Move action to stow the wand, standard to use bolstering touch domain power on herself to suppress the shaken effect for 1 round. This 1 round counts against the effect’s duration


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Was away for a day, back now. Are we in initiative?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Yes, I do not know where my initiative block disappeared to...

R1: Feena, Marya, Coral, Damian, Vlad, Baddie


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

As they entered the room with the self playing harp Feena felt rather creeped out. Why the thing was playing itself was less important to her than how and she felt very tempted to purify it, purify it with fire! Still she held back as she didn't want to burn down the house of the being whose help they needed.

When they entered the greenhouse Feena found herself a bit more relaxed, it wasn't as bad as the room with the creepy harp, but of course relaxing here was a dangerous thing. She considered being nervouser with all the plants around but figured, Naw, no reason, they're only plants.

So other than the self playing harp, the falling pot, and the noises there isn't much to react to at the moment correct? Do we all notice the falling pot and hear the voices?


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral is feeling bold and moves into the room to challenge whatever it is.
"Show yourself!"
5' step, and then a readied attack if an enemy comes within reach.

Readied Action:
Rapier, PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Most of the party is still standing in the sitting room. The music room is north of the sitting room and that's where the harp is playing itself. Marya entered the greenhouse to the west of the sitting room to retrieve the wand and while she was in there, a pot fell from the opposite side of the greenhouse where she was. About that time she heard some muttering and then was overcome with fear.

Nothing responds to Coral's demand.

GM:

Perception: Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 Deaf.
Perception: Feena: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Perception: Vlad: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Perception: Marya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perception: Coral: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian notices his companions becoming noticeably nervous in the greenhouse, but he cannot see anything that would cause them such a reaction.

"What is happening? Are you hearing something?"

Holding until there is something visible to react to.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Sorry, I misunderstood where I was as far as going back outside.

Vlad's head swivels around as he looks for an enemy. Seeing none, he raises his weapon to attack anything that comes near him.

Readied attack, Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 211d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Though the group is prepared for an attack, whatever is hiding from them does not reveal itself. A few more muttering sounds can be heard coming from somewhere in the greenhouse on the northern side.

Vlad - DC14 Will or become frightened. Success puts you at shaken.

R2: Feena, Marya, Coral, Damian, Vlad, Baddie


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs as she strides over to Vlad, tapping him on the shoulder with Iomedae’s Bolstering Touch.

Whether he makes his save or not, she’ll hit him with it, since he’ll have a fear effect on him either way

She then looks out into the greenhouse. ”Whoever you are, you are wasting both our times with this garbage. Show yourself, and maybe we can resolve this without violence.”

Marya makes sure to meet Damian’s eyes, then mouths the words Something unknown is in the north of the greenhouse trying to scare us off.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Maybe it's just a mouse, Marya." Damian smiles at the rest of the group, trying to bolster their spirits. It was just a greenhouse, nothing to be scared of.

Swift action to use The Optimist trait and grant Coral +1 to saving throws against mind-affecting effects.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Did Marya get the wand but not the vials?
Coral move into the room, keeping an eye on the north side. With one hand on her sword, she will use the other hand to grab the box and drag it back towards the music room if she can.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Correct.

Coral drags the wooden box with six alkali flasks towards the music room, out of the greenhouse.

Spellcraft DC16:
The wand is a wand of goodberry with 24 charges remaining.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad still can't see anything, but seems bolstered by Marya.

"Your tricks aren't working," he says. "Show yourself!"

Vlad moves to the north side of the greenhouse to check things out.

Will save (shake it off): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Vlad... we don't need to fight it, do we? Can't we just leave?"
Suggest moving on to the bad-smell room to the east.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena was not going into that greenhouse, no way, not with what seemed to be happening in there. She also wasn't too keen on staying in the room with the self playing harp either. Feeling rather uncomfortable Feena moved closer to Damian as Marya mouthed an explanation to him. As she watched Coral finished pulling the box out and she decided this was a good distraction for her.

Feena recognized the stick as possibly being a wand of some kind and cast a spell to view the magic it might have. She focused on it as her eyes glowed with flickering flames while she examined it closely.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
unfortunately her nervous were a bit too much and while she could tell it was magical she couldn't tell what it was. She looked up at Coral nervously and said, "Iii have no idea what it does but it is magical."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Suddenlly a one foot tall and three foot creature’s with a stout canine torso that tops a slimy mass resembling an earthworm appears between Coral's legs! The creature has disgusting veins dangle that from its face and it looks up at Coral as it stares up at her menacingly. DC14 Will or become shaken.

R2: Feena, Marya, Coral, Damian, Vlad, Baddie


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Soooo I believe Coral drug the box back into the music room correct? I don't think she moved herself there.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Will vs fear: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 = 23
Coral is not scared of this thing.

Would like to just move out of the room and ready to close the doors once Vlad is out. Can I do that?
Acrobatics if Needed to avoid AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

You're right Feena. It would be in the next room with you. I'll move Coral and it there.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Marya pats Coral’s shoulder, passing on Iomedae’s Bolstering Touch. She then draws her silvered longsword. Coral isn’t shaken this turn

With the little whatever it is still not responding, she tries switching to a different language.

Celestial:
”Are you enjoying yourself, little one? We aren’t scared of you. Why don’t you stop all this?”

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad strikes at the emerging creature, but its unsettling nature throws off his aim.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 111d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

On phone and can’t move, if I’m not next to it please move me forward.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

What was this creature? A guardian? A pet? A pest? Damian scours his memory, trying to figure it out as he steps forward with his palm extended in a peace offering.

"We do not wish to trespass, but we must speak with the master of the house."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

When the creature, whatever it was, sprang up from the box at Coral Feena cried out in fear, "EEEEEEKKKKK!" She jumped back several feet in one motion and stared wide eyed at the worm-like thing. As she breathed hard she tried to figure out what it actually was.
Know (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Know (planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Knowledge Planes DC12:
This tiny creature is an Esipil Sahkil.

Esipils prey upon the unease that comes from living among beasts. The civilized world has domesticated animals, but those creatures are just a step away from wild animals, and esipils make sure that humanoids who live around them remember that.

They ingratiate themselves with humanoids (particularly neutral evil spellcasters who might take them on as familiars) by acting like loving pets. They then delight in aggressive episodes, barking and snapping until called down by their masters. They return to a fawning obedience for a time—until the next inevitable outburst.

Instead of gnashing jaws, an esipil’s bite involves a lashing mass of fleshy veins and viscera that can grasp at its opponent. Esipils use this attack to distract their opponents, savaging entangled victims with their vicious claw attacks until their masters pull them away.

Vlad's flail comes crashing down next to Coral and the tiny creature at her feet, missing.

Speaking in celestial, the creature responds to Marya in a snarl "It won’t be long before agents of Pharasma come looking for you!" The creature then tries to bite and claw at Coral, but the rogue is able to keep the creature at bay with her foot, pushing it out of range.

R3: Feena, Marya, Coral, Damian, Vlad, Baddie

GM:

Coral: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Coral: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Coral: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena realized what the creature was immediately and knew just how dangerous it could be. She also knew that it could be the pet of the person who's stamp they needed so she quickly called out, "Don't kill it, it might be the master of this place's pet." She then cast a spell and sent a small jolt of electricity at the creature.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 181d3 ⇒ 3


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral takes a step, drops her rapier, draws a sap and whacks at the thing.
"Shoo! Go away!"
Sap, Flanking, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 18
NL Damage, SA, PA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (1) + 2 = 5
Oh, come on.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"It's a type of sakhil, an esipil. I highly doubt that a psychopomp would keep a sakhil as a pet. Sakhils are psychopomps that decided to enjoy their job a bit too much and are basically the evil counterparts to Pharasma's minions. We should kill it. Whoever is in charge will probably thank us."

Marya calls upon Iomedae's Inspiring Sword to give her allies a boost in beating down this monster.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Marya's insight is more than enough reason for Vlad. Plus, the thing was attacking them.

He draws his flail over his head and brings it crashing down again.

"In might the righteous prevail!"

Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 171d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral's sap hits the creature, but doesn't seem to do any damage to it. for some reason. Vlad's flail crashes down on it and injures it, but once again it seems to be resistant to his weapon as well. Damian fires an arrow at it which hits it, but also seems to do no damage to it at all. Only Feena seems to injure the creature with her jolt of electricity.

The creature slinks forward into Coral, seemingly irritated with her for some reason. Provokes for entering your square. It slams its head ito her and then slashes her twice with its claws. 2 damage + 2 NL damage

R4: Feena, Marya, Coral, Damian, Vlad, Baddie

GM:

Damian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,403 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.