GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


201 to 250 of 1,350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward is prepared for this. He pulls out a holy water blessed by Erastil.

The undead are a scourge that can ruin entire tribes out in the steppes.

Watch out guys - the living dead suck!

Holy Water + favored enemy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 292d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Wispy shadow thing! For a second there I thought it was the drink I was seeing."

He holds up his holy tankard and pretends to blow imaginary beer froth off the top in the direction of the shade.

Channel the killing power of love and goodness! (Will DC 12): 1d6 ⇒ 5

And that folks is the last of the channeling.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Surprise round
For no reason you can see, between one step and the next, the smelly elf comes alive. "Not again." slip from his lips as he suddenly changes direction and moves back into the room. "Telos, look out!"

First round
He is reaching for his cold iron short sword when he hears the others say that only magic works. "Naturally" he says with deep frustration. So he instead pulls out his last vial of holy water and hurls it at the shadow (reasonibly confident that he won't get hit in the face this time).

holy water: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The Pathfinders, obviously sick and tired of suprise rounds and things sneaking up on them jump to the gun. Their readiness with this battle means it only lasts for 6 seconds. The flasks of holy water causes the creature to wince back in pain. It lurches back in pain screaming an incantation in a long lost language. As his hands weave a darkness attuned evocation spell, Pietros divine light hits the spell and bounces through the holes burns out by the holy water. The light, is to powerful causing the undead to shine with a holy light. It struggles and struggle, and falls. To everyone’s suprise, a small purple gem falls to the ground, rippling with dark energy.

Naeryn, I’m taking your attach as a melee with the holy water instead, so you don’t have a chance to miss the creature. Something you can do with the flask vs incorporeas! Out of initiative!

You all wipe the sweat from your brows and curse this forsaken place. Even Bhur Athemons long dead stupdents spirits are mad at the world, it seems.

Naeryn is easily able to pick the lock to the door leading back into the main chamber where you first faced he goblins. You two you have tied up, trying to make their way up to rope to the second floor. One of them is balancing on the others head, while bighting at the rope ladder using his neck muscles to pull himself up. To no avail, they seem to be struggling out of their restraints.

Where to now team? You’ve been around for 15 minutes. Maybe 20, if you’ve taken your time. You have the other half of the dungeon left.

If you check the other door here, it seems to be locked from the other side. This will take a higher skill check, Naeryn thinks to himself.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Do you guys want to break this door down? I don't remember seeing any other paths. Maybe we should rest. Poor Pietro's gut seems to have him winded already.... Seward sneers.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You see that the stairs down lead into another unexplored section of the dungeon. Basically to the other side of where you came from.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Back in the oval chamber...

Telos pants heavily after the shadow saps some of his strength.

Gods, I was okay with undead until they got a solid jump on us. Phew!

As they make their way back to the center area:

Pietro, does your drunken god have any healing or restoration for a bit of sapped strength? That shadow came out of nowhere.

Once they get back to the middle, Telos feels better already watching the goblins struggle. He points at them. Look at those little goobers trying!

He raises his left hand and points it towards the goblin on top, a familiar pose when he aims a spell ray. He hesitates. Nah, I shouldn't... probably not.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

When the goblins see you in the upper floor, they stop struggling and in goblin ask, You come back from the scary dark place? We heard voices! We thought we be next! You go to Miss Boss now? Take us with you! We show you temple! You be new goblin leaders! ...did you find anything shiny? They seem very impressed with the party.

One of them asks Seward in goblin, Is told y’all that green shiny is lucky! It keep you alive! Now you give shiny stone back! Pelasssssse! It was mine first!

As Naeryn tries to pick the lock, he realises a different force is keeping the door locked. With a swift casting of detect magic, you feel the presence of a powerful magic on the lock. [DC 22 Spellcraft]!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Spellcraft, DC22: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Hmm, the lock is definitely magic, but I cannot tell what spell it is. Anyone else?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Do you guys want to break this door down? I don't remember seeing any other paths. Maybe we should rest. Poor Pietro's gut seems to have him winded already.... Seward sneers.

"This from someone whose family name means 'one who carries too much carbonated, non-alchoholic beverage'." Pietro says sarcastically.

Telos Downshot wrote:
Pietro, does your drunken god have any healing or restoration for a bit of sapped strength? That shadow came out of nowhere.

"OF COURSE!" Pietro roars. Then he hands Telos a full pint-sized tankard of ale. "Here. Drink this. Right. Now drink this. And this next one too. Keep drinking, and when you wake up you will be FINE! More or less."

It's weird but according to the rules you don't actually take any negatives until you take 2 points of damage to an attribute. It was one of Paizo's "let's make the rules simpler" decisions that always sort of struck me as less simple than the already simple and established ability score math. Count me as someone who dislikes the rule as written, but am willing to live with it when my character can benefit from it. As for healing the damage, the next time Telos and Pietro rest for 8 hours they should come back good as new--not that they have technically lost anything mechanically speaking.

Ability Score Damage wrote:

Diseases, poisons, spells, and other abilities can all deal damage directly to your ability scores. This damage does not actually reduce an ability, but it does apply a penalty to the skills and statistics that are based on that ability.

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die. Unless otherwise noted, damage to your ability scores is healed at the rate of 1 per day to each ability score that has been damaged. Ability damage can be healed through the use of spells, such as lesser restoration.

As for the door Pietro has the Strength Domain power Strength Surge which could help in busting it open.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward waves the club at the goblin Piss off mate

This does give Seward the idea to try to use the green orb on the magically sealed door.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:
Pietro, does your drunken god have any healing or restoration for a bit of sapped strength? That shadow came out of nowhere.

"OF COURSE!" Pietro roars. Then he hands Telos a full pint-sized tankard of ale. "Here. Drink this. Right. Now drink this. And this next one too. Keep drinking, and when you wake up you will be FINE! More or less."

It's weird but according to the rules you don't actually take any negatives until you take 2 points of damage to an attribute.

yup, I’m familiar. This is just an uncomfortable character pleading with a nearby cleric. The ale response is perfect. :)

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I'm all for letting the big guy smash the door. It is probably faster too. But I'm curious. Could Naneryn take 20 on the lock? Or does the magic make the locks impossible to pick?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alright, so we are doing this this way I guess. Let’s get going then!

The pathfinder, intregued by the magically infused door are not dissuaded by the clear warnings. Naeryn realises that he is unable to use his lock-picking skills here as whatever this magic is, it stops all engagement with the lock mechanism. Instead, they do what they can to sink bruite force into the obstacle. After a while, with sweat running down their brow, Roran and Pietro manage to combine their strengths into breaking the door off its hinges. The ancient doorway let’s loose and a gust of wind follows, as if exhaling for the first time in centuries. The goblins look on in awe at their captors. A dark room awaits...

You no go there! Goblins couldn’t find way past! Mizz Boss finds other way! This way too hard, there is no way you can...wooooow! the goblins cheer as you open the door way.

I hope someone has a crowbar in their inventory. This feat takes you 20 minutes of hard work. I won’t penalise you for going this way, but you’re characters whoever was helping are basically exhausted. Also, Pietro please cross of 3 uses of your Strength Surge ability during this time.

A twenty-foot-tall statue of a man carrying a tome stands in a round niche at one end of this impressive chamber. The chest and head of the large statue have been badly damaged, and look like they melted and ran before congealing again, giving the statue a crude, blob-shaped face with eyes of red stone. A doorway leads to the southwest, and another to the southeast. The bodies of two goblins lie at the base of the defaced idol. Their hands limply grasping a pile of treasure which lies nearby.

Another post incoming...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The pathfinder waringly enter the darkness.

Warning! Difficult combat ahead!

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

...as a pair of giant fanged cricket is caked in pungent fungal growths and topped with a mushroom-like cap jump from the ceiling out of the darkness onto the invaders.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 as they leap!
...red
Red Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Red Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
...blue
Bl Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Bl Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bl Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Red Claw Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The hungry abberations stand over the motionless Roran with blood on their jaws. The paladin takes 17 lethal damage. He lies there, in a pool of his own blood. Their eyes focus their attention on the rest of the party.

- Round 1 -
@ Seward (You can take a suprise round action also...)
Red and Blue
Roran [-17 lethal, uncon, bleeding] please make 3 fort saves!
Pietro [-2 lethal, -1 dex]
Telos
Naeryn

Seward can act. We will do this slowly...

Let me know if anyone has problems with what I’ve done. I am trying to be as nice as possible, but I can’t re work my rolls...You really poked the beast here...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Yep

fort 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
fort 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
fort 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Will hold off on the con check to see how this will effect my rolls

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Woah, what are those things?" The first word out of his mouth is in his typical slow drawl, but as the critters tear up Roran his words increase in speed and pitch. He is fully alive, but shaking in fear that what we have just gotten ourselves into.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

If Roran stablizes, then maybe we can back up into the hallway. Front person (me/pietro/seward) goes total defense. Then the rest try to take them out with ranged weapons.???? Hopefully we can cut them back to only of them them attacking the party at a time.

I was tempted to argue that in pen&paper, we would have gotten the hint and backed off. But then I realized that Naneryn would have been totally obsessed with the door and tried to talk the rest of the party into breaking it down anyway. Even going so far as to volunteer to be a living battering ram, LOL. And on that note, I apologize on behalf of the stinky elf for dragging you into this hole :P

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran, even in his downed state twitches viciously as the poison takes over. He takes STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 11d2 ⇒ 2 damage!

Seward is still to go.

And yes, i know how you feel Naneryn. PbP is such a different medium. I was going to do somethign completely different and then i rolled so high i was like...oh...no...It's like the dice want you guys dead...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

So the con damage drops my hp by one, making me at -4.
stabilization, DC 10: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1

Now at -5

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward is faced with a hard choice - leave himself vulnerable to the volley of attacks endured by the Paladin or be forced to shoot through cover. Ultimately the imperative of getting a good shot wins out and he pulls his longbow and fires on red.

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

He then moves to duck behind cover.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The halfling ducks forward, and behind cover, but not before sinking an arrow into the aberration. It squeels in pain, mandibles dripping with Roran's blood. He snaps at you, leaping at you. Luckily, there is a wall in the way! Meanwhile, blue steps forward towards the cleric.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 - leap attack!

Red!
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Blue!
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The bite misses Seward by a hair, the bug looks angry. Pietro does well at avoiding most of the blows, but is hit by the final claw!

- Round 1 -
Roran [-19 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 str, -2 con]
@ Pietro [-8 lethal, -1 dex] fort save please!
@ Telos
@ Naeryn
- Round 2 -
@ Seward
Bugs (red -5 blue)

Everyone can go. You got this guys, I believe in you!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward tumbles forward trying to put some distance between himself and the monster.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Easy there big boy

Once he has some distance and is hopefully not (too much) worse for wear he turns around and snaps another arrow at him.

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Great rolls

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Seward Sodalug wrote:

Seward tumbles forward trying to put some distance between himself and the monster.

[Dice=Acrobatics] 1d20 + 6

Easy there big boy

Once he has some distance and is hopefully not (too much) worse for wear he turns around and snaps another arrow at him.

[Dice=Arrow] 1d20 + 9; 1d6 + 2

Great rolls

Alright, so hey guys. If anytime was the time to start paying really close attention or asking questions, this time is now.

@In this moment, you feel deep in your gut that this is not a very good idea. Seward, I’ll let you either keep or re-take your second turn. You saw, your friend Roran take a full attack in the suprise round. You can stipulate that they have some sort of ability that lets them full attack you from any distance. Are you still willing to take an attack of opportunity just for a shot with your bow? Also, Acrobatics through a threatened area only works at half speed unless you have skills/feats. So you would only love 3 squares anyway...

I really don’t want to kill you guys here.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

I mean I am a full 4-5 points less accurate in melee and deal 1 fewer damage but you're right that I cannot actually get away.

Seward, feeling pinned drops the bow, draws the club and takes it in both hands trying mostly just to keep the beast off of him.

Fighting Defensively, add 2 to AC

Club: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 11d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Um, does anyone who can see them know what the thingies are?

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Pietro looks down at Roran and sighs and rumbles "Not you too."

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

It will be a Kn Dungeoneering to identify these things.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Does Telos have line of sight to either of them from where he stands in the upper passage?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yes you do. You can see both of them from the “vantage” that you have. Only cover is from your allies - if applies, and the stairs are not difficult terrain.

Pietro is struck hard and the poison sinks in. STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 11d2 ⇒ 2 Damage!

- Round 1 -
Roran [-19 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 str, -2 con]
@ Pietro [-8 lethal, -1 dex, -1 str, -2 con]
@ Telos
@ Naeryn
- Round 2 -
Seward [+2 AC]
Bugs (red -5 blue)

@ Pietro, Telos, Naneryn to go.

Edit - I moved Seward 5ft up so he can give a flanking bonus to whoever wants to help focus fire on red...

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"I'm so gonna regret this" Naneryn swears under his breath as he dives forward, attempting to tumble past the blue baddie and get into position on the red. If he is still alive, he stabs at the red with his cold iron short sword.

tumble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
attack red: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
damage + sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (1) = 8

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos moves forward in the passage as his teammates swell into the dark room. The two sources of light ought to be helping a lot though.

15', move action
Looks like red doesn't have cover from Telos right now...

He gets a better look at the creatures, but cannot recall any useful information about it. Just arcana here.

He looks back and forth between both creatures and settles on the one between Naneryn and Seward, beginning to cast a spell.

Cast Magic Missile on red
Force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Everyone's eyes are on the unlucky elf, as he dives underneath Pietro's legs. The creature, and the cleric, are stunned and don't know what to do with themselves. He deals a devastating blow to the creature engaged with Seward. Simultaneously, Telos releases a powerful arcane force bolt that hits the creature square in the side of the head. It screams an ear piercing howl. It stumbles but remains upright.

- Round 1 -
Roran [-19 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 str, -2 con]
@ Pietro [-8 lethal, -1 dex, -1 str, -2 con]
Telos
Naeryn
- Round 2 -
Seward [+2 AC]
Bugs (red -19 blue)

@ Pietro still to act. Awesome work guys, I like that you are taking risks. You're going to need them!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro moves back up the stairs (provokes AoO from blue assuming the rails count as cover). If he makes it, he pulls his wand of cure light wounds out (using his buckler-hand) and prepares to use it. So double move.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature claws at Pietro as he moves away from it. Eyes focusing on his prey, it steps forward towards a fresh target and naws at it. In the confusion, still annoyed that he missed Seward, is going to assault him again.

AOO Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
...Blue Turn 2
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
...Red Turn 2
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The party survives another assault! The cleric falls, right at Nanery's feet. With a smile, he manages a final thumbs up to the party, before closing his eyes to the pain which takes over.

- Round 2 -
@ Roran [-19 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 str, -2 con] 2/4 Fortitude save again please! Stabilisation roll please.
@ Pietro [-14 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 dex, -1 str, -2 con] 2/4 Fortitude save again please! Sabilisation roll please.
@ Telos
@ Naneryn
- Round 3 -
@ Seward
Bugs (red -19 blue)

...an then there were three! The party is up, red looks like it's on it's last legs...four of them!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
con: 1d2 ⇒ 2

-6 after con damage

stabilization, DC 10: 1d20 - 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 6 - 1 = 5

And now to -7

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Arg! Die already!

He raises his hand to send an electrical bolt at the creature he suspects is on its last legs.

elemental ray attack vs red touch AC, engaged in melee: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
electricity damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Alright....if I survive this I may need to name this club....

Seward makes a defensive blow against the creature before him

Clubbin Defensively. Add 2 to AC: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 + 2 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Come on Naneryn we can do this.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

If red is still up

sword vs red: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
slashing+bs: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10

Otherwise, he'll turn and try to hit blue. Minus the flanking and backstab damage.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature stumbles back, taking each blow from he flanking pathfinders. Telos’s bolt misses, but the lanky elf is able to take his sword through the guts of the creature, ripping it apart.

The last enemy, confused attacks Naneryn who killed his friend!

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The viscous creature turns its attention to Naneryn and tears his up. Once again, the rogue lies unconscious on the ground in his own pool of blood.

STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 11d2 ⇒ 1 ...ability damage to Pietro.

- Round 3 -
@ Roran [-21 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -2 str, -4 con] 3/4 Fortitude save again please! Stabilisation roll please.
@ Pietro [-16 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 dex, -2 str, -3 con] 3/4 Fortitude save again please! Sabilisation roll please.
@ Telos
@ Naneryn [-12 lethal damage, uncon, bleeding] 1/4 Fortitude save please! Stabilisation roll please.
- Round 4 -
@ Seward
Bugs (Blue)

@ The party is up! ...you guys got this? Be creative.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Quite pleased with himself, Naneryn smiles as the red critter goes down. But then the gods if irony strike him down as the blue one attacks him from behind. "Figures" is all he says before his eyes glaze over and his knees buckle.

Fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
@ The party is up! ....

Metaphorically.

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward drops the length of wood for the moment, picks the bow up off the ground and fires it at the enemy.

Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He then moves back against the wall hoping Telos can help.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos lets a nervous laugh slip.

He raises his left hand at the remaining bug, releasing another crackling bolt of electricity.

elemental ray attack vs blue touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
electricity damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He then retrieves a wand from his pack, keeping his gaze fixed on it the whole time.

Retrieve item from backpack, move action

Seward, you think you can keep it busy for a moment?

He cautiously takes a step back.

5' step

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

I can try man. Things pretty tough Seward let's a chuckle slip.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Zzzz.... Zzzz.... Zzzz....

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Well done everyone, this is a CR5 encounter and you guys are doing the best I've seen a group do! Sorry for the lack of post, it's my partner's birthday today, so i'm trying my best to multi task!

Botting Roran's checks!
Fort and Con: 1d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 11 adding bonuses in head.

Telos picks up his trusty bow and fires true into the creature. The creature jolts as an arrow embeds itseld deap into its exoskeleton. Telos find the tip of the bow and runs his electricity through it and into it's guts. You see it sizzle as it decides what to do...

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The creature martches towards Seward, jaws open and snapping.

STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 2 - Roran
STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 2 - Pietro
STR and CON: 1d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 1 - Naneryn

- Round 4 -
@ Roran [-23 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -4 str, -6 con] Stabilisation roll please.
@ Pietro [-18 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -1 dex, -4 str, -5 con] Sabilisation roll please.
@ Telos
@ Naneryn [-13 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -2 str, -1 con] 2/4 Fortitude save please! Stabilisation roll please.
- Round 5 -
@ Seward [-8 lethal] 1/4 Fortitude save please!
Bugs (Blue -11)

@ Party may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

stabilization, DC 10: 1d20 - 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 8 - 2 = 0
folio reroll+stars: 1d20 - 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) - 8 - 2 + 4 = -2

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

stabilization: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Fort Save re roll w/ stars: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 5 = 29

I need to buy some time... gosh don't take too long Telos!

Seward holds the bow close and takes up a purely defensive stance as he shifts around hoping to create some much needed space in a moment.

[AC 23]

201 to 250 of 1,350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.