GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


51 to 100 of 1,256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The "self proclaimed" Goblin Chief, as you so rightfully called it, lets you continue on your stubborn way. The path continues along the river, getting closer to the half-mountain that covers the Goldenfire Towers on the other side. The moon is slowly covered by the grand entrance that stands before you. Large stone columns, nearly 50 ft high stand in reverence to some old ruler. Twin heads of a great emerald serpent approach the other menacingly, surrounding the even grander doorway which sits silently closed in the evening air. The architecture is old, yet seems to have withstood the test of time better than the rest of the town. Writing in a language long forgotten [DC20 Linguistics] wades the last warning you will receive before plunging the depths of The Accursed Halls.

The Accursed Halls

GM Rolls:

Roran Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Seward Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Naeryn Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Telos Cast's Detect Magic!

Pietro Cast's Guidance very loudly!
Naeryn Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30

As you stand outside, one of you notices a really poorly designed trap by the door. You something small had set up a small wire to allert something inside if the door was opened. Luckily, Naeryn was able to disengange the mechanism seconds before Pietro burst in, bored waiting for something to happen.

You all find yourselves alert, as you finally take your first steps into Thornkeep. The air feels heavier, and there is a slight taste of taint in the air. This large hall is held up by a number of carved columns. The walls are made of dressed sandstone blocks, once magically fitten but now wethered and crumbling on the edges. The heavy stone door closes behind you in a silent thud. Directly ahead, a doorway is sealed with stone blocks. You think this once was the main entrance into the dungeon complex - sealed by debris making it impossible to go forward. A thin layer of sand weathered from the walls lies underfoot in many chambers, making the newly formed tracks easier to spot. In the centre of the floor, the flagstones have been pulled up, revealing a staircase leading downward. The line of string which your team has masterfully dismantled leads ominously into the darkness below. You find yourselves, in the darkness, alone with your thoughts.

Feel free to do a little bit of roleplay in this room, but I will be moving us forward downstairs. In your first replies back, let us know what you're characters are feeling and thinking after entering this place you've heard such horrible things about. Nevertheless, we will move on to the action...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Following Roran, you make your way down the stairs cautiously. Following the nonsensical wire further into the dungeon, you notice a small antechamber which sports a hallway to the south and a staircase to the north. Iron stakes driven into the flagstones pin the half-eaten carcass of a pig to the floor in the middle of the room. The room is dark, and your light sources cast eerie shadows on the imperfect room. You are all so focused on the tangled string when...

This is a good point to ask what light sources do you all have, as it is dark in here.

Map moved to the top of the slides is the battle map!

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Monsters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

...the shadows creap up around you and you notice this lengthy, segmented horror writhes and twists, pulsing its venomous mandibles in search of it's prey. Luckily everyone but Telos who is keeping in the rear is able to notice them in time.

This will be my first time doing a combat tracker, and i'm planning on doing it quite simply so i can replicate it using my phone quickly while i am at work. So bare with me and i hope this works.

Suprise Round
-- Naeryn (can act in suprise round)
-- Roran (can act in suprise round)
-- Pietro (can act in suprise round)
Centipeed Yellow
Centipeed Orange
Seward (can act in suprise round)
Talos

DC 11 Kn Nature:

These giant centipeeds are hungry. Watch out for their bite, it might poison you and weaken your dexterity.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Somehow, Seward knew that entering this place that if the worst of their problems was going to be a troublesome goblin that this would be a mission that had gone smashingly well.

This place had age and a power to it - even a barbarous cur like Seward could understand that.

Seward lights a torch - good real fire had a use he didn't care how many times someone said they had a light spell - and proceeded into the dark.

Since this action is straightforward and requires no dice

In the surprise round, Seward drops his torch at his feet and draws out his bow, ready to strike next turn.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
As you stand outside, one of you notices a really poorly designed trap by the door. You something small had set up a small wire to allert something inside if the door was opened. Luckily, Naeryn was able to disengange the mechanism seconds before Pietro burst in, bored waiting for something to happen.

"Are you sure you don't need help Naeryn? I'm a dab hand at traps and so could offer you some expert guidance if you needed it." Pietro says and then chortles to himself. "Why I remember this one time...." And he just goes on like that until he dies.

"Say does anyone have a torch?"

Seward Sodalug wrote:
Seward lights a torch - good real fire had a use he didn't care how many times someone said they had a light spell - and proceeded into the dark.

"Ah! Well done lad." says Pietro glad that the human posterior-level torch is a few places back in the marching order.

So GM, are you using block initiative? If so something that indicates who is able to move like this might be in order for when things get complicated. The theme music is of course optional. EDIT I think I get it. The tabbed characters at the top may go.

Assuming someone follows Pietro down the stairs with a light so that he can see, he moves bouncily down the stairs (difficult terrain) and around the corner to smash one of the arthropods with his huge spiked club. Moved.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

When the trap is discovered, the lifeless stinky elf explodes into action. You've never seen him so alive and full of motion. You'd think he'd just entered a brothel with a bag full of gold that he did not intend to leave with. "I've got this!" he exclaimed when the trap was found.

Naneryn stares daggers at the cleric when he offers to help. He has been deeply offended that anyone challenge his skill with traps. A bit too big to try and kill-outright, the elf turns a cold shoulder to our healer. But by the time he is done, he is so pleased with himself, the he has forgotten the offense... mostly.

Naneryn is both excited and apprehensive upon entering the halls. It is sure to be rife with traps and he looks forward to pitting his skills against each. Yet he knows he is still not perfect and that some of those traps will likely best him. He hopes the survivors will forgive him.

As the door thuds closed, he cannot drone, "That may be the last door we ever hear close. It has been a pleasure to work with you all."

Naneryn has an everburning torch in one hand and his cold iron short sword in the other. When the shadows begin moving, he readies to strike anything that comes near him.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran approaches the other centipede, drawing his longsword as he goes.

Moving and drawing sword as part of the move

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Thank you for taking preemptive suprise round actions. Moving onto round 1.

T hungry centipedes bite at your ankles, eager for a meal.

Orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

The centipedes use their lower bodies to wrap around your ankles and bite down into your soft flesh. Ronan avoids the assault by stepping out of their grasp. Pietro just isn’t that good at fighting smaller creatures...

Round 1
—Naeryn
— Roran
— Pietro [1 non lethal, fortitude save vs poison]
Yellow
Orange
Seward
Talos

Naeryn, Roran and Pietro are up.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The stinky elf figures it is a good idea to stick next to the cleric. He probably looks tastier than I do He runs into the room and tries to poke the critter attacking the healer. He holds the torch in the other hand high over his head.

orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

lol, wow my first rolls are bad

The dark of the dungeon sobers Telos up a bit, and you notice his usually-pronounced confidence drop just a little bit.

Telos follows Pietro down the stairs. He draws his spear and casts Light on it just in time to find his teammates already battling a pair of centipedes!

another source of light

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran stabs down at the little beasties.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Pietro keels over dead.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Pietro:
...keels over dead taking Dex Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1.
...unfortunately the poison hasn’t left his system and he still feels weak. In the frustration, he bashes the creature with his mace!
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Roran slices his centipede in half, blood and guts from an undigested pig hitting him in the face.

The remaining centipede retaliates.
Orange on Pietro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
The centipede hits, but it’s jaws loosen as it falls unconscious.

Pietro [-1 non lethal, -2 lethal, -1 dex; still needs to save vs poison...]

Out of initiative.

...and silence. The battle was short and sweet, you were able to take out the creatures without much damage sustained. You hear the shallow panting from your allies as your paladin wipes the guts from his armor. You see the rope continue down the narrow passage into darkness. A cool breeze flows in the same direction, indicating there is probably somewhere for the air to go.

Let me know what your doing. First three to press play in the next room, we will start. Feel free to move yourselves.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Geeze, one bug bite and the healer goes down. Doomed is too gentle a word to describe our fate." He nudges the bug killer with a toe, "You need to get up. I'm not dragging your carcass around."

Curious about how the rope was laid without disturbing our assailants, the dirty rogue creeps down the hall to where it forks. They were too weak to be hunter pets, why were they guarding the hall? Maybe they wandered in just ahead of us.??

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Apparently, though, he is too preoccupied with the centipede puzzle to pay close attention to where he is walking.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

GM:
bluff (feign death): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Pietro (somehow) from his prone position on the floor kills the beast in his death thoes, kicks twice, and keels (rolls?) over dead(er).

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward picks his torch back up Calm down Pietro. You're a monster of a man, act like it. For once.

And the small halfling presses on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro's eyes stare vacantly upward while tongue lolls from the corner of his mouth. There's no sign of breath, and there is a deathly scent in the air around him.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Somehow, Seward is able to pick the cleric up and onto his feet. You realise that this was enough time to fool around, as you all hear quiet voices coming from further into the tunnel. Roran decides to take the lead - only to be beaten to the punch by the party’s rogue. Naeryn slips in between the shadows caused by his light source and further into the chamber.

The hall before you is much grander than the first entrance chamber. Two stories of ancient stone extend upwards and into a cathedral like ceiling which reaches 50 feat high. The columns are all imperfect, however, crumbling under the weight of the mountain above. The rope you followed ends here, attached to one or the columns.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Goblins Left: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Goblins Right: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

...coming out of the shadows are a group of green skinned creatures. Toothy grins and broken weapons drawn, it seems that the light from your torches has made them aware of your presence. Equally curious, they look at you with hungry and visious eyes.

Goblin vs Naeryn Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Turn 1 (no suprise round)
— Telos
Goblins 1
Goblins 2
Pietro [-1 non lethal, -2 lethal, -1 dex]
Naeryn
Seward
Roran

Telos is up.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

lol, I go first but I'm at the back and my 20' movement doesn't even get me to the front of the group :P

As soon as the presence of goblins is obvious, Telos weaves an arcane shell of protection around himself, almost like a barely visible bubble.

Since it seems like there's going to be no end to the surprises...

Cast Mage Armor, +4 AC, duration: 2 hours, standard action
No move action this round, the passage is blocked up.

He then fishes a wand of mage armor out of his pack. Move action

Anybody else?

Updated: thought of a useful move action

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The green skinned creatures DC 10 Local - Goblins were obviously ready for you. Eight statues of demonic creatures anchored to great square columns guard an octagonal open space in the center of this large hall. Various bits of scaffolding and debris are piled up next to the columns, which support a large gallery fifteen feet above the room’s floor. Open stone archways lead to the southeast and the north from the lower floor, and a large stone door stands at the south corner of the chamber. Still a little scared of you, most of the collected goblins chose to take out tiny bows and shoot the unsuspecting elf.

Goblin:
Intruders? MMmm, maybe? Who care's! Get them!

Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 ⇒ 4
Red: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 131d4 ⇒ 3 - cover
Blue: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 91d4 ⇒ 4 - cover
Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 ⇒ 3
Blue: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 4 - cover

Too focused by what might be at the end of the rop, Naeryn is completely flat footed agasin't the assault of arrows from the small rascals. Taking 10 lethal damage, Naeryn falls down unconsious in front of the party. Still holding the string in his hand, the blood from his wound slowly being absorbed, as you see the blood travel up the rope.
You have a red cirlce on you indicating you are unconsious!

Goblin:
See, they are nothing but thin-skins! Over-worlders! Mother will be truly happy that we have slain her foes!

The most brave one, sheepishly runs up and tries to cut Naeryn with his small short sword!

Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d4 ⇒ 3
Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 4

Goblin:
Taaaake thaat, haaaa-yaaaa!

The greedy goblin strikes Roran in the gut, but the stronger paladin is able to break away before the cut can do too much damage.

Turn 1
-- Pietro [-1 non lethal, -2 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-10 lethal, unconsious, bleeding]
-- Seward
-- Roran [-3 lethal]
Turn 2
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue green)

The whole party is up.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Oh, no fair!" are all he has time for before crumpling to the floor.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Mildly concerned about the well being of Nanaeryn but thanks to Pietro not entirely convinced of the sincerity of his wounds Seward moves to an open shot and fires.

Longbow with PBS and Precise Shot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Damn goblin"

Roran retaliates with a swing of his own.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hearing commotion but not yet seeing the details of what is going on, Telos shouts to his companions from the rear.

Back into this entry room! Make them come to us!

5' step backwards.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro blows out his cheeks. "Honestly?! It's going to be one of those sorts of campaigns is it? Everything is all rush rush and such!" Pietro says with a very heavy sigh. He rolls to his feet and wipes the bug guts off before slowly coming to see what is going on.

Pietro looks down at Naneryn. "IMPETUOUS BOY!" he roars.

"Roran, what are you doing man? Don't duel with it! Step on it! And could you pleeease get out of the way? You are plugging up this hole like too much cheese. I can't get to that alchemist fire I handed to Naneryn earlier with you just standing there like nail in a board."

"AND WHO HAS THE DAMN LIGHT!"

He mutters a quick prayer to to Cayden.

Casts shield of faith. One of us has to break the bottle neck after all. It is not going to get any wider on it's own and the goblins don't really have any need to come out after us anytime soon that we know of.

"Roran if you have not cleared a path by the count of six, I will do it for you by going through you! Understand?!" he growls.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Stabilisation from Naeryn: 1d20 ⇒ 1; bleeds 1

The goblin duelling Roran slips out of the way of his slice, but into the trajectory of Sewards arrow. Still not enough to bring him down.

Telos Downshot wrote:
Back into this entry room! Make them come to us!

Goblin:
See! They are retreating! Let them run, we will eat the scrawny one!

The green goblin takes another stab at the metal tin can, and takes a step back so his allies can shoot another volley at the person at the front. The goblins move into better posstions, feeling much more bolder than their first turns. They all shoot at Roran through the middle of the room.

Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d4 ⇒ 1
Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 ⇒ 4
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 ⇒ 2
Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 ⇒ 2
Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 3
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 ⇒ 1

Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d4 ⇒ 4

Roran takes the hits again, these goblins being better shots than he had expected. He takes 5 Lethal Damage, but remains standing.

Turn 2
-- Pietro [-1 non lethal, -2 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-11 lethal, unconsious, bleeding]
-- Seward
-- Roran [-8 lethal]
Turn 3
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue green -4)

The whole party is up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"READY!? ON THE COUNT OF THREE! THREE!! DIVE!!"

hook-headed morningstar v green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

This of course all depends upon whether or not he can see....

THERE! Placed a torch under our torchbearer.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The loud cleric pushes past the paladin, seemingly having waited for the barrage of arrows to stop. He bravely takes a swing of his club onto the shorter goblins head. Blood runs down the poor creatures temple as he slumps over unconscious.

Technically, Naeryn was holding a torch, so I pushed the token up. Thank you for that by the way. Also, I’ve removed the green goblin off to the side, he is technically out of combat. I will remove him when I have access to a laptop.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I'll try to add telos light to the map, though it isn't helping in the main room yet...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran, even wounded, moves up and swings at purple.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Another swing and a miss

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Gurgle, gurgle, cough, groan Mommy, where did you hide my breakfast, this time?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Honestly man! It was much funnier when I did it." Pietro bellows at gurgling nearly dead elf.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
"Honestly man! It was much funnier when I did it." Pietro bellows at gurgling nearly dead elf.

Not gonna lie, I laughed a little too hard when I saw this...

Stable?: 1d20 ⇒ 13 - yay!

Turn 2
Pietro [-1 non lethal, -2 lethal, -1 dex]
Naeryn [-11 lethal, unconsious, stable]
— Seward
Roran [-8 lethal]
Turn 3
— Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue green)

Seward and Telos still have their turns.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I appear to have a knack for getting one-shotted. Lvl7 magus

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward continues struggling with the hallways wishing Pietros fat head was not in the way of his shot but he takes aim at the blue goblin anywau and fire.

Longbow + PBS: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos realizes they aren't going with his plan to let the goblins come to them, so he rushes back into the tunnel... only to find it still clogged.

15' move action

However, goblins are short like he is and there are two fewer bodies between himself and the next room. Looking between legs of the longshanks he can see where two of them stand on opposite sides of the opening, and so sends a little arcane force their way.

Cast Magic Missile on blue, standard action
Force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Pietro and his heavy hand are the only ones able to meet their target. Seward noticing that Pietro's head, is in fact sizably larger than the rest of him, actually overshoots the smaller goblin. Ronan oversteps his guarded step, and slashes at the stone column beside him. The smaller goblin using the opportunity to slide away from the towering paladin. Suddenly, the mage from behind charges up a powerful bolt of force which strikes the closer goblin hard and true, knocking him of ballance.

Goblin:
Ohh no! They killed Ggralkin! Quickly, kill the loud one! Make him payyy!

All of the goblins seem to divert their attention to the brooding cleric in the party holding the bloody mace.

Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 ⇒ 4 -- all attacks at Pietro
Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 ⇒ 2
Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 ⇒ 4
Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 3
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 ⇒ 3

Some of the arrows find their mark, hurting the cleric for 7 lethal damage. The arrows catch him of guard, wounding the warrior.

Sence Motive DC 15:
You get the feeling that was brave as these goblins are trying to be, they are quite cowardly. They seem to be retreating as soon as you push forward. You think you could demorolise them quite easily, if you made a big deal out of it. Speaking Goblin would also help...

Turn 3
-- Pietro [-1 non lethal, -9 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-11 lethal, unconsious, stable]
-- Seward
-- Roran [-8 lethal]
Turn 4
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue -5 red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue green)

The party is up.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As you make it further into the room, you see the dual levels rising up into the ceiling. The grand architecture of a once huge Azlant is visible here. You also notice a simple rope hanging off the top floor dangling down to the bottom.

I have put in a rope which connects the two floors. The first map you are all on is the bottom floor, and the map undeath in the slides, is the upper floor. Just for reference.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

I would like to note that Pietro has cover from some of those goblins in the back due to pillars and goblins in the way.

And torches usually have a bright area within a 20' radius (40' diameter) or 4 squares wide from the intersection they emanate from (the tiny yellow dot).

Pietro steps on the dying goblin and sends a wave of good vibes across the room.

channel positive healing mojo: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
I would like to note that Pietro has cover from some of those goblins in the back due to pillars and goblins in the way.

You are correct. From their final possitions, yes, they have cover. However, they all shot, and then moved. Other than light purple, who 5ft stepped away, then shot. Sorry, i will be more clear next time. From their initial possitions, they all had a clean down the middle of the room shot at Pietro.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

A wave of warm healing energy, in the form of good vibes, feel comforting as the wounds on your bodies close up. The positive energy stands to a stark contrast to the dry and dark room. Pietro smiles as if he's feeling the buzz from a few drinks. Naeryns eyes open to see team around him engaging in combat.

Turn 3
Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-8 lethal, disabled/staggered, prone]
-- Seward
-- Roran [-5 lethal]
Turn 4
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue -5 green)

Naeryn, Seward, Roran and Telos may act.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, let's see how things look in here!

Telos proceeds to rush on into the room just ahead of Pietro. He sees that there is no longer a goblin right there on that side. Space to work...

20' move action

Seeing that they all have bows, he gets a little worried.

Uh oh...

He stretches his left hand out towards the near goblin at the opposite side of the entrance and zaps it with a ray of electricity.

elemental ray attack vs. pink touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
electricity damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran shifts his position and swings.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

If he is able, Naneryn will drink the potion of cure light wounds he has.
potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward sees the goblin doesn’t have a melee weapon, taking the opportunity to slide forward and take a final shot at the wounded goblin at the back of the room.

vs Blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The goblins lose another of their squad, but persist their assault. Naeryn feels much better as he sees his torch and sword kicked on the grown beside him.

vs Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 ⇒ 1
vs Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 ⇒ 4
vs Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 ⇒ 1
vs Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 ⇒ 3

This time, with only one goblin finding their target, dealing 1 lethal damage to Seward. They start to look worried.

Turn 4
— Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-5 lethal, prone]
-- Seward [-1 lethal]
-- Roran [-5 lethal]
Turn 5
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink -5 blue red)
Goblins 2 (orange blue green)

The party is up!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

From his position on the ground, the rogue surveys the situation. "Gee, thanks. Now they can kill me again. If I get any more arrows in me, I'll be forever known as "Naneryn, the Goblin's Quiver". Despite his moaning, the fire the rogue's eyes reveal that he is fully invested in solving this puzzle. Light! They need more light! With the agility and speed you'd expect from an elf, his hand snakes out to grab the everburning torch off the floor. That same movement completes with him throwing it toward the blue goblin.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

These little guys seem confident, but they're starting to fall apart quick.

Telos holds out his hand again, but this time sends out a lesser ray of electricity.

Cast ray of electricity (instead of frost/cold, per his bloodline arcana), standard action.

ray of electricity attack vs. orange touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
electricity damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He then recedes behind his front-liners to reduce his exposure.

10', move action

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran continues to pursue the purple goblin.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward slides back and trains an arrow at the nearest Goblin.

PBS with Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro lumbers up behind more pillars edging closer and waving his morningstar menacingly at the nearest goblin.

intimidate v orange or the next closest living goblin (Demoralize): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

51 to 100 of 1,256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.