GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


301 to 350 of 1,257 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

With Great Chief Graaslk…

You know from being around town for a day, and asking Iliara that the Brambleclaw goblins dwell in a warrenlike set of shallow tunnels beneath the briar patches on the south side of Thornkeep’s hill, not to far from the dungeon entrance. This smaller community seems to be very quiet for the standard goblins you usually are dealing with. Even though night time is the most optimum time for goblins to be out and about, only a few still peruse outside in the evening air. You are led to a ramshackle hut build up from old boards and goblin poop, to the small yet humble space where Great Chief Graaslk resides.

You notice that the markings on the goblins faces you have brought, are different from the ones of the Brambleclaws clan, yet somehow still resembling them. They are poked and proded as Chief listens to your story, suprised that you made it out so quickly. Kikji and Minilik, how good of you to make your way back to us. I thank these adventurers for bringing you back. You make good slaves. Now, if what you say is true, Murgmo will have her eyes set on Zog Temple. You see, what she looking for, is Chief Sword! Sword of Zog to make her Chief of all goblins in world. If it would be anywhere, it would be in temple. Did you find it? Huh? Tell me, did you find the "Goblincarver"? It has shiny red gem that shines like the blood red eyes of Zog! You must find it, and bring it back to me! Yes? Good!

He takes the pair of goblins to keep as hostage, and asks you to return to the temple to find the Sword of Zog. You realise, during this momenet, that after close inspection, the magical weapon you found in the Idol with the red gems, may be the weapon that he is refering to. Feel free to roleplay our your responces, and let me know if you tell him about the weapon in your possesion. If not, i will assume you keep this information private.

Back at the Greenforest Inn...

You make your way back through the town. You incounter some guard, and are stoped only once and questioned why you are out so late at night. The journey back is uneventful, but as you get closer to the bar, there is still that familiar tavern smell and light which hits you. As you enter, you see a couple of people still present, with the bartenderShandar quietly cleaning out glasses at the back end. He welcomes you back inside. Oh? I thought you were up in your rooms. You looks aweful! You must tell me, what heppened over a drink or two! Come, come..! A few smaller figures you now recognise as goblins sit on their own table playing darts in the corner.

You see another face you recognise, that of Brother Eldrast who seems to be passed out in a plate of cold stew on one of the tables. His snoring is obnoxiously loud and everyone seems to be ignoring him. You notice a piece of paper stuck to his back written I FATED. As you pick it up and read it, one of the goblins snicker. You're not too sure which insult they were meaning, but obiously it was very funny.

Feel free to roleplay this encounter, what would you like to do, or tell the bartender. Or, do you go straight up to bed?

More to come soon...I need this for my own sake of mind to see how the story keep flowing.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The Next Day!

You all awake, wherever you fell asleep last night. Most of you, in the comfort of your own beds, but Pietro picks up his slober from the table where he left his head to rest in the bar in the early hours of the morning. You've slept through for the majority of the morning, and the busy day has already started in Thornkeep. The tavern is lively as ever, as everyone wakes up and has a hot enjoyable meal. The nightmares of the dungeon are behind you now, or so you thought.

At some point over breakfast, a familiar golden haired gnome you met earlier apears out of thin air at your table. Excitedly, he takes a sip out of Pietro's ale, licks his lips and claps his hands. A magical clear dome apperates around the table, silencing the outside ruccus. You are back so soon! That could only mean one thing. Well two, actually. You are either back with news of the dungeon, or you failed horribly and are looking for a new line of work. Well, if it were the latter you would probably be dead, hah!

He continues. Lady Iliara is aware of your return. I hope you have word of how to get past the Door of Seven Stars. By now you are aware of the many dangers there, and we await your full report. She expects you to return to the dungeons soon, as you do not have much time left before the Baron returns. If you do not make it past the Door of Seven Stars before he does, you will have a very hard time convincing him to let you through. I tell you, you wouldn't want to start sh*t with a warewolf after a full moon.

Excitedly, he waves his hand over the table and snaps his fingers. I am sure you will need supplies. In exchange for a report, please take these, as a gratitude from us. Well, not really, i'll be honest. They came in the mail yesterday from Kreighton. What a funny name, don't you think? Anyway. Use this to buy whatever you need for your journey's deaper into Thornkeep. We need to know what those goblins are up to! Make sure you rest up all day, i'll come back around afternoon to check up on you to see how you are feeling. Cha-ah-cha! and with a little bow, he dissapears.

So, he is willing to aminister long term care to the party, so by the end of the day, your party will have the following conditions. Also, you are all given a pouch full of 1,398 gp each with your names on them. Assume that this is your reward for finishing the first floor. You are not leveled up yet, becuase we still have some of the encounters to get through, but feel free to make any purchases you would like during the day. You can do whatever you want for the day, it will not break your long term care - for reasons. Please note down what you are buying in the disuccsion tab.

Party Conditions ...at the end of the day!
Roran [-2 con]
Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 con]
Telos
Naneryn [-3 lethal]
Seward

Feel free to role play, i will be moving us along at some point tomrrow. I would please ask from one of you send a report to Iliara and the Society about The Accursed Halls. I don't want to spend too much time on resting, but this was a choice you made so let's see where it takes us. :)

Edit! - Please positions yourselves in a the tavern map in the slides as to how you would be resting that evening after your day. No - i am not changing any encounters from the module. Yes - i am only moving the scenery because of the choices you made. I will make the post after everyone is rallied back and has posted something in gameplay thread.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward does not give the sword to the goblin.... Though he briefly considers giving it to the chief by way of shoving it through his gut.

Otherwise Seward allows the night to pass uneventfully while taking a moment write of the severely powerful undead occupying the entry area and his theory that dread necromancers may be behind this..

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

In the meeting with the goblin chief, Telos simply hangs in the background and lets him speak to the "fighters" in the group. He's not sure what the Chief would make of a small halfling-sized morsel of a mage.

-----------------------

Back in the tavern, Telos sits in the corner booth where he can read and study away from the noise of the main floor, and the music far across at the piano. Mostly though it's just to keep an eye on Pietro, to make sure he doesn't kill himself. He waits until the drunk cleric is safely passed out before heading up to bed himself.

-----------------------

The next morning Telos is moving pretty slowly at breakfast and is particularly jolted awake at the sudden appearance of the gnome.

We certainly have ideas about how to get through the door. Would she like us to stop off and give a partial report before we head back into the dungeons? Either way, yes, we certainly intend to disappear into Thornkeep before the Baron is back. I hope he doesn't have eyes and ears in this tavern looking out for newcomers to town. I imagine someone in his position knows how to keep tabs on those coming and going in his domain, and specifically those going into the dungeons. We might be in for trouble either way once we emerge again.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran still feels a little down from the dungeon. But manages to come down for breakfast.

I think we are a few stones short to make it through the door. But, we still have another passage to explore. I'd say we get back in there as soon as possible, so more undead do not have a chance to rise. Roran shrugs, "After those mutant things, goblins should not be so bad. By the way, next time, let us knock before taking the door down.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

Back at the Greenforest Inn...

You see another face you recognise, that of Brother Eldrast who seems to be passed out in a plate of cold stew on one of the tables. His snoring is obnoxiously loud and everyone seems to be ignoring him. You notice a piece of paper stuck to his back written I FATED. As you pick it up and read it, one of the goblins snicker. You're not too sure which insult they were meaning, but obiously it was very funny.

Pietro pulls the stew out from under his fellow 'man dwarf of the cloth'. "Well since he's not eating it it would be a shame to let it go to waste. Besides we wouldn't want him to accidentally drown now would we. I'm practically saving his life!"

"What's this then?" He says spying the paper on the clergyman's back. He considers it for a moment then brightens. He retrieves a pen from the guest book and adds an "R" to the message. "There!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

The Next Day!

You all awake, wherever you fell asleep last night. Most of you, in the comfort of your own beds, but Pietro picks up his slober from the table where he left his head to rest in the bar in the early hours of the morning. You've slept through for the majority of the morning, and the busy day has already started in Thornkeep. The tavern is lively as ever, as everyone wakes up and has a hot enjoyable meal. The nightmares of the dungeon are behind you now, or so you thought.

At some point over breakfast, a familiar golden haired gnome you met earlier apears out of thin air at your table. Excitedly, he takes a sip out of Pietro's ale, licks his lips and claps his hands. A magical clear dome apperates around the table, silencing the outside ruccus. You are back so soon! That could only mean one thing. Well two, actually. You are either back with news of the dungeon, or you failed horribly and are looking for a new line of work. Well, if it were the latter you would probably be dead, hah!

Pietro eyes Naneryn.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I will proceed with the story tonight. Apologies, I’ve been absolutely slaughtered at work last few days!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

When Pietro eyes Naneryn, he just sort of groans quietly, "Who says we weren't?"

The next morning in the bar, the stinky elf is curled up in a ball in one of the chairs next to the fireplace.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alrighty, lets get going. Anyone still making purchases, can do so in discussion tab. I will count that you have purchased everything when we go into the dungeon again!

After a long day of rest, a lot of shopping, and general avoiding the greater populous of Thornkeep, the party meets back at the Greenforest Inn for their evening meal. The afternoon air is fresh, as the cool breeze comes through the constantly rotating doors of the brewery. Patrons and new faces alike, you are made to feel like locals at this point, because you realise that many people don't spend more than a few hours in the town for obvious reasons.

Your meal is to your satisfaction. The barkeep Shandar makes conversation with you throughout the night. So, tell me friends! How long do you plan to stay? What are your plans here in Thornkeep? trying to weave as much information about you as possible. You think he is a very good story teller, and a master of discourse. He seems to trade in rumours as well as the stall merchants outside banter with produce.

As the night hits late evening, and the place starts to wind down, you enjoy each others company. Not before a group of cloaked figures, obviously shorter than the normal humanoid step through the front doors. The immediate stench hits you from across the room, but you aren't too sure if it's Naneryn or not. Roran has been asking the stinky elf to shower the dungeon away since last night, but to no avail. They make their way to a table and sit. Shandar exclaims, New friends! Welcome, come come. How many drinks will you share tonight?. The obviously goblin creatures look strangely at the man at the bar, and one of them nods flicking three fingers into the air and ushering them over. Alchohol seems to be a universal language.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Goblins: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Shandar brings the drinks over and sets them down on the table. He waves his hand over his nose, My, my...you smell like...death? To everyone's suprise, the goblins pull out bows and shoot the party! You see them jump up onto the tables. Kicking back the chairs, one of them does this really cool chair stand by balancing it on two hind legs. The goblin falls over and misses his target.

...surprise round
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 2 -- at Naneryn
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 1 -- at Seward
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 2 -- at Seward

Ehhhehehe! Give back what you stole, THEIFS! Give Zog Sword back! they scream in goblin at your general direction.

...round 1
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 ⇒ 1 -- at Naneryn
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 ⇒ 4 -- at Seward
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 ⇒ 2 -- at Seward

-Round 1-
Goblins (blue yellow green)
@Telos - Can also take an action in suprise round!
@Seward - [-5 lethal] Can also take an action in suprise round!
@Naneryn
@Roran [-2 con]
@Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 con]

@Party may act!

Please note, the tables and such are only difficult terrain if you DO NOT describe your movement through the room. Be creative guys!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos gets up from his corner booth and begins to move towards the goblins.

10', difficult terrain, surprise round move action

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Too stupid to live eh? Seward positions a chair between himself and the goblins and fires an arrow.

Bowshot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

He then snaps another quick shot

Bowshot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The smelly elf (or is that a goblin?) pops up from his comfy spot by the fire, "Yikes!" He then points a finger at whoever is carrying the sword (assuming it is not me) "I don't have it, he/she does"

He then attempts to throw his chair at the blue goblin and then dive under the table behind him for cover. If he can, he'll also flip it on its side.

throw chair: 1d20 ⇒ 17 (never thrown a chair, not sure what penalties/bonuses apply, so I just rolled the d20)
acrobatics if necessary: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Chair Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The last goblins is shaken as he realises that this was he worst 6 second decision of his life. His friends, both show down by arrows lie on the table beside him. He looks at the remaining pathfinder with terrifyed eyes.

@Pietro and @Roran to go.

Full post later this afternoon.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran looks at the goblin, draws his sword and points it at him. He say one word to the goblin. "Run"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

{Finishes beer.}

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Intimidate Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The creature look at his options. He stares down the paladins sword, and even though you think it doesn't speak common, you think your message got across rather well. He looks down at his allies, the blood now pooling where they got pierced through the heart by arrows. He scratches his head, and makes for the door way where they came through not so long ago. He doesn't make it very far before tripping on the stool the Naneryn threw at him. He gets back up and dashes out of the tavern and into the night air.

Out of combat!

Party Conditions
Telos
Seward [-5 lethal]
Naneryn
Roran [-2 con]
Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 con]

The bartender rubs his head as he sees the mess they made. Well that was uneccessary. That's the first time i've seen goblins be so agressive in Thornkeep. Did you know them, because someone's going to have to pay for all of this damage! Or, or should i report this? he looks abit frustrated with what just happened. Clearly, he thinks you are somehow involved.

If you investigate the bodies, the conclution you come to is that these goblins are from Murgmo's tribe - their bodies are covered in the same burgandy paint over the top of their old tribe symbols. [i]How did they know where to look for you? What were they after?[/b] you think to yourselves as you clean up the bodies.

It is roughly 11 in the afternoon. What do you wish to do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Ahh, this is really good beer." Pietro says finishing his pint

GM Tealk wrote:
The bartender rubs his head as he sees the mess they made. Well that was uneccessary. That's the first time i've seen goblins be so agressive in Thornkeep. Did you know them, because someone's going to have to pay for all of this damage! Or, or should i report this?

Pietro puts his mug down and calls upon the Drunken Hero for guidance.

Then he gets in the innkeeper's face. "REPORT?! REPORT WHAT?! THIS BUNCH JUST CHARGED IN HERE AND MY FRIENDS HERE REPELLED THEM SAVING YOU AND YOUR INN AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO SHAKE US DOWN FOR IT!! 'UNNECESSARY'?! UNNECESSARY THE MAN SAYS! WHY!! WHY I HAVE HALF A MIND TO PROP THIS BUNCH UP AND LET THEM BURN THIS DIVE TO THE FOUNDATIONS!! WHY CAYDEN HIMSELF WILL PROBABLY STRIKE IT WITH LIGHTNING THE MOMENT I LEAVE!! HE'LL CAUSE YOUR BEER TO GO STALE!! THE INSULT!! THE TEMERITY!! YOU CAN BE SURE THAT I WILL LET MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE ORDER KNOW OF THIS!!"

intimidate (guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

By the time Telos leaves his booth at the bar, the last goblin is fleeing and Pietro is soon yelling at the innkeeper.

What... is going on? he asks as he rejoins the rest of the group.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I think we need to look for Miss Boss so that she doesn't cause any more trouble.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hmm, yes it seems we perhaps got her attention. It looks like we have one more thing to do, potentially before we even get through the door using the seven gems. It only makes it all the more important that we move quickly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

By the time Telos leaves his booth at the bar, the last goblin is fleeing and Pietro is soon yelling at the innkeeper.

What... is going on? he asks as he rejoins the rest of the group.

Pietro explains at point-blank range and at the top of his voice.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The barkeep studders backwards at the sheer presence exerted by Pietro. You...you are right. Thank you for saving the tavern. We, we will pretend like this never happened - I, I will let the mrs know. Thank you for saving us! and the patrons left in the hall who remained quiet as this happened erupt in a cheer for the pathfinders! Loud applause and laughter as a couple of people shout another round of ale for the team.

So, I will move us along, and assume you guys are happy to persue the goblins back into the dungeon. You know this is probably a good idea since the Baron is most likely back tomorrow day.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The journey back to The Accursed Halls is uneventful. You follow the same path you took twice before, this time making twice the effort to avoid the patrols which seem to be out in force this evening. Looks like word of goblins attacking civilians has spread, and although not much action has been taken tonight, the local guard are not taking any chances. With your own knowledge of this situation, you obviously know more and could help explain what happened - but not today.

Roran is silent for the journey back, daunting him is the voice he heard when he was unconscious the night before. Such evil still resides there. But what did it want?

The party finally make it to the two serpentine columns flanking the door. No chief to meet them here, though you do see signs of footprints leaving the dungeon. But only one pair, returning. You suspect that the frightened goblin you scared off not so long ago, made his way back - hobbling back.

You make your way inside, and down the secret stairs to the halls. Strangely, the thread you followed here, has now been burned away, as you smell the faint odor of burned ash. Reluctantly, you draw your weapons and prepare for the worse. Lights in hand, you press forward.

A raspy, female voice can be heard as you make your way into the great chamber. Aaaaaahahahahaha, so the thief return! Back for more, I suspect. The Great and Mighty Zog forsee your return. You will be judged by Murgmo the Bold! For I am his vessel - come, speak, human theif! Return the sword to me and Zog might spare you from conviction! You all hear this in broken common, but well enough for the goblin to be using big words. Dressed in a dark black robe, the red highlights and bone ornaments around the belt and other features of the goblin inscribe a very cult-like look. Silver rings dangle of bits and pieces as she holds a rune-inscribed longspear in one hand.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

IMPORTANT!
She allows you to move a little into the room, before you see on either side four goblins with bows drawn and facing your direction. You recognise one of them, the goblin Naneryn threw a chair at shaking in the corner. Behind them, on the Door of Seven Stars, you see that she has already placed six of the seven gems into some orientation on the door. Starting from the top, and moving around clockwise you see the green, indigo, purple, orange, blue, yellow. They glow brightly and dance around the room as if alive.

Give me The Sword of Zog, and together, we can see the mysteries of his empire! she bellows raising her hands. Immediately, the person who has the sword on them, feels the small vibrations of the gem. A warm red glow burns brighter and brighter. You feel a presence pulling the weapon closer the the door.

What do you do? If someone want's to do this diplomatically, they can. Otherwise, first 2-3 people to raise their weapons will initiate combat.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Murgmo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Combat Order:

- Round 1 -
@ Telos
@ Seward
Goblins (orange purple green blue -1)
Naneryn
Roran
Murgmo
Pietro

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos whispers to the front of the line, over their whole group...

Obviously we don't trust her as far as we... I mean *I* could throw her. Got any bright ideas about how to make this go fast?

Readied action, as soon as a front-line attacks...:

Cast magic missile on the boss lady
Force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Well, we could not heal up first. That would make this go really fast. The last I saw some of use were down a few points. The previous day (the day of downtime--assuming we had a day of downtime) Pietro would have uses as many channels at the end of the day as needed to get the party's hp back to full. Now that said some people might have been hurt since then. So did anyone need healing before we go in?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You can heal up your hit point damage as you are going, feel free to do so before you go in. Also buff or whatever you need to do. As usual, i'm just assuming you have done all that before hand.

Pietro wrote:
So did anyone need healing before we go in?

Seward got hit for 5 damage by the goblins in the Greenforest Inn, before you set out. That was it, everyone else was at full HP before this.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward yawns and draws his bow and shoots before the cultist can even finish demanding the sword.

Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 172d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

Go away.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Bows! Why does it always have to be bows! I hate goblins with bows!" You hear the stinky-as-a-goblin elf complain as he reaches in his belt pouch, draws out a small vial, and downs it in one gulp. "Take that, female dogs!"

drink potion of protection from arrows

That potion was expensive. I almost didn't buy it. Glad I did!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Well this was fun folks. See, you didn't even need to leave the dungeon, you were fine!

In the middle of her monologue, the ranger steps forward and shoots the goblin leader straight in the neck. She gurgles and coughs up blood as she stumbles back. Amm-hhhmm-leease. Zo-gghhhaa! At the same time, Telos weaves an arcane bolt and hits her, causing her to drop to one knee.

How darrreee youuuu! Aaahhhh! scream the goblins as they fire off into the heros!

Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 ⇒ 2 -- at Roran
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 ⇒ 2
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 ⇒ 1 -- at Seward
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 4

- Round 1 -
Telos
Seward (-5 lethal old)
Goblins (orange purple green blue -1)
@ Naneryn
@ Roran [-2 con]
Murgmo (-19 lethal)
Pietro [-1 con]

@ Naneryn and Roran to go.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Figuring he is safe from arrows for a little bit, Naneryn fires an arrow at the boss.

bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Do you get sneak attack with ranged weapons...? I actually have no idea how rogues work...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Do you get sneak attack with ranged weapons...? I actually have no idea how rogues work...

Usually while within 30' when your target is flat-footed against you.

PSRD - Rogue sneak attack wrote:
The rogue’s attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alrighty, moving Naneryn up a little to be within 30 ft.

Naneryn fires off a single shot, aiming for the big Mizz Boss. The arrow flies true, and hits her square in the shoulder.
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2

- Round 1 -
Telos
Seward (-5 lethal old)
Goblins (orange purple green blue -1)
Naneryn
@ Roran [-2 con]
Murgmo (-22 lethal)
Pietro [-1 con]

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran charges purple and takes a swing.

charging attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Whiff

And AC is 18 for the round

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The paladin charges at the goblin infornt of him, and misses. Probably too focused on the bleeding boss behind them. This gives Murgmo a chance of second life. She takes out a potion and scoffs it down. She looks weak, and with her angry eyes smears the blood dripping on her hands across the door as she retreats behind cover.

Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9forgot off the top of my head if it’s a CLW or a CMW potion as per tactics, but I’ll correct it if I’m wrong after work.

The goblins ready themselves for another attack.

- Round 2 -
@Pietro [-1 con]
@Telos
@Seward (-5 lethal old)
Goblins (orange purple green blue -1)
@Naneryn
@Roran [-2 con]
Murgmo (-13 lethal)

@ Party may act, I’ll move goblins between turns.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran will take another swing at purple.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Barrelling into the chamber Pietro swings his mighty morningstar!

"RRRAAH!"

mwk morningstar v green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Still happy to let the others get close to those stinky goblins, Naneryn fires another arrow at the boss.

bow vs boss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 7

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward lets another arrow loose at the big goblin

Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos rushes through the tunnel and sees his teammates working on the goblin whelps.

20', move action

You guys have these handled just fine, I think. We can't let their boss get away...

He continues sliding along the wall to the left, trying to work his way around the immediate melee to get a clear look at Miss Boss as she ducks for cover.

20, 'nother move action

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro ducks a whole lot.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party press forward. Roran is again unlucky, but that opens up space for Peitro to hit one of the smaller goblins over the head with a great club. The creatures create distance between them and the pathfinders, causing the archers to lose their aim only beifly.

Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 ⇒ 3 -- Pietro
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 1
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 ⇒ 2 -- Roran
Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 ⇒ 1

Murgmo finally catches herself and focuses on the filthy pathfinders before her. A whicked smile falls on her face as she licks her blood off her hands. ...Run she whispers from a distance into Telos's ear as an overwhelming wave of fear hits Telos.
Cause Fear: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -- rounds, or 1 round shaken!

- Round 3 -
@Pietro [-1 con]
@Telos (will save DC12 please...)
@Seward (-5 lethal old)
Goblins (orange purple green -5 blue -1)
@Naneryn
@Roran [-1 lethal -2 con]
Murgmo (-13 lethal)

@ Party may act, I’ll move goblins between turns.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Will, DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 shaken for one round

Telos is shaken a bit at her whisper, but he's able to steel himself and continue on towards the goblin boss. He continues to the opposite wall...

10' move action

and fires a bolts of electricity from his hand to the boss lady.

elemental ray attack vs. red touch AC, shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6

The bolt is quite errant, and he realizes he needs to calm himself down quickly. He takes a few deep breaths and finds himself feeling better quickly.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward fires another arrow at the boss

Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

Stand down morons

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Seward Sodalug wrote:

Seward fires another arrow at the boss

Stand down morons

His brow creasing in confusion, Pietro holds his morningstar in mid-swing and looks around at his fellows.

"Does he mean us?" he asks Roran.

mwk morningstar v green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Pietro's question reaches the rogue's ear. I'm stinky, not dumb. Can't apply to me..... I think. He shrugs and fires another arrow at the boss.

bow vs boss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Seward, are you sure you don’t have favoured enemy goblin? Haha! The ranger, sick of this goblin threat, delivers another bolt into the scalp of the larger robes figure as she is distracted by Telos. Murgmo falls with her last words escaping her, You, will, never...discover...

The goblins turn their small heads around, to see their fearless leader on the ground, bleeding everywhere. They drop their weapons and run to her aid provoking attacks of opportunity.... Blue makes a dash for the exit of the dungeon. Nooooo! Mizz Boss! Leader! Who shall take us to Zog, and the lands that are promised!

Out of initiative.

The room is filled with quiet sobs. The red gem within the so-called Sword is Zog glows a brighter red in the fued, mixing in with the colours of other crystals on the Door of Seven Stars.

Your final test - to open the door to progress further into the dungeon. There is one slot open. What do you wish to do?

Party Conditions
Pietro [-1 con]
Telos
Seward [-5 lethal]
Naneryn
Roran [-1 lethal -2 con]

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Its certainly seeming that way!

Seward takes the final gem and places it in the door.

Accursed Halls my butt

301 to 350 of 1,257 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.