GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


151 to 200 of 1,269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

*pant, wheeze* "HELL YEAH! STAIRS!" *pant, pant*

wand of clw v self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Anyone else need a prod?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I could use a tap or two Pietro" Roran says looking over at the cleric.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

wand of clw v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Thanks friend. That should be good for now" Roran then sheaths his sword.

So is it dark in here now or does only spells overcome the darkness or is it a caster lever/spell level thing

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

At the top of the cathedral chamber you feel the presence of a very powerful magics. Standing before the doors leading forward, this is even more relevant. This being some of your characters first real adventure, you have never faced such a threat before. Whatever magic this was, Nhur Athemon's power still lingers here. So much so, that your weaker casters are unable to quell the approaching darkness. Even the mundane light sources such as the torch, flickers as if fighting a greater battle.

I am trying to create an atmosphere. Mechanically, your torches work the same, if not just slightly weaker. Atmosphere wise, your torches feel and seem 5ft smaller. And yes, this is a caster level thing. I will wait a couple more hours before posting the next room.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

What is this power....? Telos muses softly. He feels a mixture of curiosity and concern.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Your natural instincts about moving forward were right. As you pass through the grand door ways, a rush of stale air - like a forbidden voice, slams into all of you. A terrible stone idol stands on a small dais in the center of this crossshaped chamber. The idol depicts a demonic being with a birdlike head and writhing serpents for legs; the eyes are fiery orange gems. Ornamental pillars surround the chamber, and open archways lead from this chamber to the south and the west. An eerie soundlessness enwraps the entire chamber. It is unnaturally still in this shrine.

The idol stands proudly, bowing before you, beckoning you to come forward. Roran feels the immediate aura of evil which fills him this place. You turn to the party to warn them...but nothing comes out of your mouth.

Spellcraft or Kn Arcana DC 17:

You notice something magical going on in the room. You think the source of this is the idol. You think that you have walked into an unnaturally large Silence spell, although you are unsure why. There seems to be another more powerful evocation spell at work here as well.

Kn Religion or Planes DC 12:

You know that the statue represents Abraxas, the Master of the Final Incantation, Demon Lord of Magic and Forbidden Lore. Abraxas is an utterly demonic in appearance; he possesses the head of a fanged, deformed bird with a tooth filled mouth and lizard-like crest behind his head. In place of his legs Abraxas has a pair of writhing vipers each with its own head and poisonous fangs. Abraxas' torso is humanoid and with the exception of his viperous legs and demented head so is the rest of his form. However, he is missing his signature whip which he always carries with him. The fact that he is welcoming the guests who enter the room is even more strange.

This place shakes everyone to the core. Naeryn with his pessimism feels even more uneasy in this gloom, as he realises that the light works dimmer here. The divine of the party stumble, as they have never faced such powerful presence. The halfling sorcerer tries to comprehend this place, but to no avail. The pathfinders stand, together, yet alone with their thoughts.

Party Conditions
Naeryn [-1 lethal]
Seward
Pietro [-1 dex]
Telos
Roran [-3 lethal]

Let me know what you do in this room. Please move yourselves down the hallway ahead if you wish to continue, I will press play at some point tomorrow. Feel free to ask any questions. Remember, you are in a silence effect which reaches out further than normal. We are on the other map now.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Roran is not sure of what the idol is or what is symbolizes. Regardless, he does not like the looks of it. He continues to explore the room, waiting for the others to signal they are ready.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward knocks an arrow, the aura of the place keeping him on edge.

He makes careful scans off the room

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

*SHRUG* "LET'S GET GOING."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The imposing presence continues to trouble Telos as he enters this new area, and all of the new images therein cause him to shudder.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

When he recognizes the spells, his eyes light up and he backs out of the room waving at the others to follow him. Once they all follow him out he explains...

There is an arcane silencing area in there! What is more, there is some sort of evocation aura. I'm not sure if that's some trap we would need to go find or something else, but we need to tread careful. Firstly, should Naneryn go in alone to look for traps and then report back to us before we proceed?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward nods his quiet assent.

If there is a trap there must be something here to benefit from it springing.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The pathfinders carefully case the room. Other then the obviously evil presence, nothing seems to be out of place. Everything is fluid with the architecture, in line with this being a crypt of sorts. The only thing of value here, other than the ancient history of this place, seems to be the oddly placed fiery orange gems the idol has for eyes. As you focus on them, they seem to burn your gaze, only so slightly that you look away.

Naeryn thinks he may be able to take one very easily with a simple Disable Device check.

MOVING FORWARD

Slightly shook, the party presses forward through the silence. Only a few steps further past the horific idol, you turn the corner. A large stone dais in this chamber supports a great sarcophagus. The carvings here match caligraphy you have previously seen on the Door of Seven Stars. The lid, once carved in the image of a sleeping ancient warrior, is cracked into two pieces and lies askew. You see the dead bodies of three individuals lie amidst the rubble. One is of a man with a shaven head wearing battered scraps of leather. The next, a dark-haired woman in scholarly robes is grasping something in her hands. And finally, a yellow-haired elf in hide trappings is left gently pressed against one of the sides, as if sleeping peacefully. You take this moment in briefly, taking another few steps further into the room.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Undead: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

...as dark energy, wisps of black reach out from the sarcophagus and onto the corpses. Their bodies writhe and shake uncontrollably for one second untill they rise. Their eyes, rolled back into their skulls. Their mouths open agape as if amidst a permenant scream, yet, nothing comes out.

DC 14 Religion:
This creature is a wight. It is a powerful undead that has the power to drain your life energy.

DC 12 Religion:
These are simple zombies. They like brains are are usually very slow.

-- Round 1 --
-- Telos
-- Pietro
-- Seward
Undead?
Naeryn
Zombies (blue green)
Roran

Telos, Pietro and Seward are up. Also, you are still in an area of silence.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

knowledge religion vs dc 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
knowledge religion vs dc12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

No idea on the one. But the other two are zombies Roran attempts to say, but no sounds come out.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"DON'T LET THE WIGHT TOUCH YOU!"

Pietro pulls the tankard from his belt with his buckler hand and gives a loud roar. "CAYDEN! HERE'S TO YOU GOD!"

channel the positive killing power of goodness (Will DC 12): 1d6 ⇒ 1 sigh....

A small drab of energy flashes briefly from the engraved pewter and then promptly dies. Flummoxed, Pietro looks the tankard over inside and out. Then as the dead draw near he feverishly pounds it on the sarcophagus a few times and looks it over again to see if it is producing any more energy.

"C'MON, C'MON! You stupid...." He begins cursing at the mug.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos rushes up behind Roran.

15', move action

Duck!

He extends his left hand out towards the near zombie.

cast disrupt undead vs green, standard action
Disrupt undead attack vs green touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Disrupt undead damage vs green: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"You too, huh?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The cleric moves up and chanels his divine energy through his holy symbol. However, the darkness here is too oppressive. He stumbles half way as he sees the cold dead eyes of the wight staring. Pietro tried to grumble something, but no words come out.

Telos, I’m pretty sure you cannot cast while under the silence effect. Feel free to do something else on your turn.

The wight rushes up towards the cleric. An angry vengeful look in its eyes.

Melee: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Double checking that 17 hits your AC. Otherwise please, please make this fortitude save...

-- Round 1 --
—Telos
Pietro (Fortitude save... -1 dex)
— Seward
Wight (-1)
— Naeryn
Zombies (blue -1 green -1)
Roran

Telos can rework his action if he wishes. Seward and Naeryn to go.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Yup, I forgot about it that quickly. bleh. Spell-like abilities should be okay, and he doesn't yell "Duck" :) However, the wight is now in front of his original target, so...

elemental ray attack vs wight, engaged in melee: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3 oh yeah!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes aim at the wight and fires an arrow

Longarrow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 301d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

All this silence was kinda nice if not foe the horrifying monster.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"...!"

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

not wanting to mess with a wight.

Roran seeing the powerful undead, channels the might of Iomedae through his sword and attempts to strike down the foe.

Smite
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

against the wight, Roran's AC is 22

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Good fort save. I am botting Naeryn.
The strike from the wight leaves the cleric of Cayden Cailean struggling to breathe. Luckily, he manages to catch himself and centre his morale.

Naeryn walks past the group and into the zombies, seeing as you are already engaging the wight. ...I hate undead! he says out loud and can finally hear his own voice!

Short Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The initial assault form the Pathfinders seemingly ineffective agasint the powerful undead. They know they need to focus if they are to make it out of there alive...

The zombies waddle over, one of them strikes at Naeryn.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
It leaves a sizable bruze on the elf's shoulder.

The wight takes a massive hit from the ranger as he peeks around the corner. He stumbles back ready for another strike at the cleric.

-- Round 2 --
-- Telos
-- Pietro [-2 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Seward
Wight (-7)
-- Naeryn [-7 lethal]
Zombies (blue -3 green -1)
-- Roran [-3 lethal]

Party can go. I'll move monsters in the middle of your attacks.
Also, you all remember that slashing weapons are good agasint the zombies.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The soon-to-be-thrice-dead rogue decides to take a might swing at one of the zombies with his cold iron short sword and then step closer to the cleric. "Hey, finger-wigglers! You can talk over here... next to these nasty-arse zombies who are about to eat my brains!"

vs blue zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
slashing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes another swing at the Wight.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos eyes light up as he runs over by Naneryn!

15' move action

Excellent find buddy! Now to real work...

cast disrupt undead vs blue, standard action
Disrupt undead attack vs blue touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Disrupt undead damage vs blue: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

my favorite cantrip

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Remind me that we want to go collect that orange gem after this fight. I'm not sure how y'all pried Naneryn away from it in the first place, LOL.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"....!!" shouts Pietro.

channel the killing power of love (Will DC 12): 1d6 ⇒ 4

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Sewards eyes continue to be locked on the wight as he fires.

Your kind are a blight. Go back to the boneyard

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 191d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The pathfinder find better luck this round. The fight with a new found strength.

...and so do the undead. They viciously strike out at the pathfinders looking to draw more blood. The wight steps forward to embrace the cleric once more. Its cold and dead features striking contrast to the almost pale Pietro who is hanging on there for dear life.
Wight: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 -- for a Fortitude save if hit.

This creates an opening for Roran to swing his weapon through the creatures abdomen. It lurches back in pain and off your weapon, ready for another round.

Naeryn deals another good hit on the zombie, before moving backwards and into his ally for protection. The zombies lurch forward, hugry jaws bighting in Naeryns direction. But not before Telos's spell rips one of them to shreds.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Naeryn falls with a thud onto the cold stone, blood beginning to poor from his temple. He managed to hit his head pretty hard on the way down against the stairs of the sarcophagus.

Will Saves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 -- wight, zombie

-- Round 3 --
-- Telos
-- Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex] -- another Fortitude save please!
-- Seward
Wight (-21)
-- Naeryn [-16 lethal, unconscious, bleeding] -- stabilise roll please!
Zombies (blue green -3)
-- Roran [-3 lethal]

The party may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Do we know how wide the "talkable" area is, or only that it works where naneryn and I are standing?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

GM Tealk wrote:
Naeryn falls with a thud onto the cold stone, blood beginning to poor from his temple. He managed to hit his head pretty hard on the way down against the stairs of the sarcophagus.

Pietro rolls his eyes and if the silence still holds sway he mouths ".. ... ... .... .. ...!!" at the top of his lungs and then shakes his head sadly at his fallen ally.

He sighs and then abruptly turns and smashes the wight in the head with his morningstar.

morningstar v wight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran continues the assault on the wight.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Telos Downshot wrote:
Do we know how wide the "talkable" area is, or only that it works where naneryn and I are standing?

Great question. You get the sense that the silence area is only in the 4 squares just as you come into the room. So Roran, Pietro and Wight are all in silence. Everywhere else is just out of the effect.

The wight isn't able to make much headway this time, as the desperate cleric strikes the undead. It falls to the ground, the paleness dissipating from the body.

Roran will move and strike at the zombie on his turn, but miss anyway...

Stable?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 -- bleed 1

-- Round 3 --
-- Telos
Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Seward
Naeryn [-17 lethal, unconscious, bleeding]
Zombies (blue green -3)
Roran [-3 lethal]

Telos and Seward to go. Well done everyone. Just one enemy left.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos gestures to Naneryn, pleading with the cleric. Pietro! He's down! Healing?.... oh, right.

Retrieve wand, move action
Use wand of cure light wounds, standard action
use magic device, dc20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Cure Light Wounds on Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Well, at least he stabilizes

Ah, I don't think that did enough! The normally brash halfling frets.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"....!?" shouts the silent cleric back at Telos.


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Botting Seward!
Seward takes a shot at the final zombie as he moves up and pears around the corner. And by takes a shot, i mean throws his club.
Club: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 161d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The final zombie lunges at the paladin in a frail attept to avenge his fallen kin.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 ...but misses. The healing light from the paladin, cleric and sorcorer knocking it's senses.

Telos heals his fallen ally, stabilising him close to death. The pathfinders are hopeful once more, as the light from the wand is less powerful yet inspiring. A club shoots over his head and into the zombie.

-- Round 4 --
-- Telos
-- Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Seward
-- Naeryn [-14 lethal, unconscious, stable]
-- Roran [-3 lethal]
Zombies (green -9)

The party is up! Finish him, well done everyone!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"....!"

morningstar v zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
THREAT!
confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 additional damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Not sure how Pietro is hitting the last zombie without movement, but the first roll is pretty decent, so let's move the mage back a bit so you can move up...

Satisfied with his temporary stint as healer, and seeing the proper cleric coming up fast with his morningstar drawn, Telos takes a careful step back...

5' step NE

Okay, Pietro, move up and have at it!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

And now for my std action, in case his 3dmg isn't enough.

cast disrupt undead vs green, standard action
Disrupt undead attack vs green touch AC (with soft cover), engaged in melee: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4
Disrupt undead damage vs blue: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

After giving way for more aggressive party members, Telos attempts to aid with a final ray of positive energy. However, the melee is getting a bit crowded and he finds himself over-cautious, not wanting to zap his allies (even if it would only just sting a bit).

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes a swing at the zombie.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

We are our of initiative.

The cleric brings his thunderous judgment down into the undead once more. This time, taking the entire weight of a full jug of ale with him. The undead lie there, still and unmoving. Slowly, the dark energies dissipate from them bodies- revealing long dead adventurers. You wonder, why were they stupid enough to release whatever powerful evil fled the sarcophagus.

Let me know what you do in this room. Well done everyone. Heal up and we will continue once 2-3 people say go!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

After the last zombie falls, Telos sighs. Well, that was unpleasant. Pietro, you can probably help Naneryn more effectively than me, without the pressure of undead persistence.

After he heals him up...

Hey Naneryn, didn't we still need to pilfer that orange gem we passed up? It would be unfortunate if more pesky goblins came by and claimed it while we did the dirty work!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Wha?" the elf moans as his eyes flitter open. "You brought me back to life again? How much to intend to make me suffer?" Speaking of suffering, when he tries to sit up, he lets out a long groan and grabs his head. "A zombie rogue struck me from behind? How rude."

After more complaining, he slowly gets himself together. But his head snaps in Telos's direction when we mentions the gem. "Oh yeah!" He is about to rush back into the other room when he suddenly stops. "Um.... I guess I should ask for a blessing before I try my hand at the gem?" He waits for guidance, feeling both impatient and embarrassed.

Once blessed, he rushes in, carefully surveys the approach to the gem and the area around it. Once satisfied, he moves in and begins the operation.

disable device: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17

Perhaps he has had too many trips to the abyss today, as his hands shake unnaturally during the operation.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
The cleric brings his thunderous judgment down into the undead once more. This time, taking the entire weight of a full jug of ale with him. The undead lie there, still and unmoving. Slowly, the dark energies dissipate from them bodies- revealing long dead adventurers. You wonder, why were they stupid enough to release whatever powerful evil fled the sarcophagus.

"Idiot tomb-robbers! I swear someone should do something about it."

Pietro looks down at Naneryn and sighs. "Don't tell him this, but I really think Naneryn should look into a different line of work."

He pulls out his wand.

"HELL YEAH!"

wand of cure light wounds v himself: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Well, it's been 15 minutes, shall we call it a day, or would we all like to continue?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

I do not know about you all. But I think I am for more. Roran replies to the clerics question.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward retrieves his club This is a really good length of wood. Who knew?

He points back Let's get the hell out of here. its creepy.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party returns to the previous chamber with the idol, only to watch Naeryn's steady hands begin to shake as he attempts this manoeuvre. His mind, unbale to focus on the task at hand, his knife slips against the stone and for a second, everyone holds their breath. No trap springs, nothing bad happens. As the swear runs down his brow, Nearyn realises he's got nothing to worry about and carefully dislodges one of the Orange gems form the demonic idol.

Healed up, slightly rested and ready to leave this place, the pathfinders continue forward where they hope they can find a way out. A feeling of cold dread is palpable in this oval-shaped hall, which is finished in gleaming dark stone. The shadows in the upper portions of the chamber seem to seethe slowly with foul energy. Doorways exit the chamber to the north and the west. The cobalt stone in this chamber resonated with the light from your torches. The light seemingly bouncing off the surface creating strange reflections. You think this room was once used for something. DC 15 Arcana.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Finding nothing extraordinaty in this room, other than clues for it's once ancient use, the Pathfinders continue. There is a door which seems to be locked as Roran tries it. He calls back to Naeryn who nods and starts comming forward ready to unlock the way through when...

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Ghost: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

...an incoporeal form, of a humanoid wearing dark robes comes out of the celings, striking at Telos.
Incoporeal Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 ⇒ 1 -- str damage.

Telos suprised by the creature, feels his muscles weaken. He falls up agasint the dark stone wall, a long dead deciple of the dark arts strering at the sorcorer with his cold dead eyes.

DC 13 Religion:
This creature is a Shadow. The sinister shadow skirts the border between the gloom of darkness and the harsh truth of light. The shadow prefers to haunt ruins where civilization has moved on, where it hunts living creatures foolish enough to stumble into its territory. The shadow is an undead horror, and as such has no goals or outwardly visible motivations other than to sap life and vitality from living beings. It's attacks deal strength damage to the target. Creatures who are defeated by the shadow raise as one soon after. It is incoporeal so can only be damanged by magical means.

-- Round 1 --
-- Naeryn Can also do something in the suprise round!
-- Telos [-1 str]
-- Pietro [-2 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Seward
-- Roran
Ghost?

The party may act.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"It's a shadow and it can only be hit with magical means."

151 to 200 of 1,269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.