GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


451 to 500 of 1,274 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Indeed, but he has already made his reflex for this round, after you cast it - since he gets to use his axe the first time in round 4. He will make another same next round.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OH, FOR GOODNESS SAKES! STOP RUNNING AROUND!"

mwk morningstar v red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 danger: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Doh!" again.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Botting Roran.

The paladin goes in for another strike, this time, meeting his target.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The rest of the party are unable to meet the goblins flesh, as it ducks and weaves rather impressively. Once again, it disappears from view only briefly, as it turns it attention on the smelly elf. The elf doesn't see it coming, as the mutated goblin sinks his greataxe into his chest. Naneryn drops up against the wall, unconscious.

Reflex for Grease: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 -- vs flatfooted Naneryn

You are annoying. Aggghhh!

Round 5
Alchemical Goblin (-46 +4 lethal)
@ Telos
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-16 lethal)
@ Seward (-15 lethal)
@ Naneryn (-17 lethal, unconscious, bleeding)

@ The party may act. You guys are soooo close!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Waitin' to see what everyone else does.

"NOW IT'S A REAL FIGHT!"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward, able to now drop his club and get a bit of a cushion and snaps a pair of arrows.

Alchemy cannot make you anything but an irredeemable savage goblin.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Once Seward shoots, Roran will move into flank with Pietro and take a swing.

attakck+flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Should have kept you rolling for me.


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Smack him hard Pietro! Get him! Telos shouts from behind the cleric as he readies to cast magic missile if Pietro can’t finish him off.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"YOU'RE RIGHT, LITTLE BUDDY! I MEAN WHAT ARE THE ODDS I COULD MISS THE DEVIL A THIRD TIME?!"

mwk morningstar v red (flank): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 danger: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Why, you...won't...make it out...alive... are the goblins final words as he ducks from Roran's blade and into Pietros club. The goblin falls down limp, his alchemical flasks on his head shattering on impact with the cold floor. The gasses evaporate into a fine gas and eventually dissipate. The body of the goblin shrinks slightly as you watch and see his muscles grow limp and sag onto the floor. The blood is a strange blackish purple as it seems out into the cracks.

Your elven allie bleeding out on the floor, otherwise, you all look okay. As you look around the corpse of the goblin, he has a few items on him. Among his possesions, three alchemist fires, hide armor and a magical battleaxe. DC 16 spellcraft/arcana.

Current Conditions
Telos
Pietro
Roran (-16 lethal)
Seward (-15 lethal)
Naneryn (-18 lethal, unconscious, bleeding)

Where to now folks? Great work. You have lot's of options of where to go next, so please move your tokens.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

It's Cayden time! Pietro cracks a spare Alchemist's Fire™ and chugs it down.

Channel Beer Commercial (away from the party pooper, 2 rounds): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Then he switches to his swizzle stick.

"'HELL YEAHS' ALL AROUND!"

wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

wand of cure light wounds v Nareryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand of cure light wounds v Nareryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
wand of cure light wounds v Nareryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

And if Seward doesn't use his own before Pietro gets to him.

wand of cure light wounds v Seward: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand of cure light wounds v Seward: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Wand functionality breakdown: Nuthin', All, Nuthin', All, All, Nuthin' All. So possibly 7/30 charges.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

It's Cayden time! Pietro cracks a spare Alchemist's Fire™ and chugs it down.

[dice=Channel Beer Commercial (away from the party pooper, 2 rounds)]2d6

Sorry, are you consuming a Potion of Cure Light Wounds...? Sorry, i didn't get the reference.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"I don't know what's worse, dying or waking up to see you standing over me.", the smelly elf laments while fingering the damage to his shiny mithral coat. At least no one will try to steal it now.

Say the word, and you can count some of those charges against my wand. I certainly seem to be drinking pretty deeply from that tap.:)

Hey, don't we have that goblin cleaver sword we got out of the back of the statue's head? Did we ever figure out what it did? Is anyone using it?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

That goblin weapon was a small magical shortsword. You can attempt another DC 17 Arcana/Spellcraft check. Regardless, it is not usable by the party.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

oh well, never mind then.

"So do we go over the side and chase rats, continue through this room, or go back and let me have another crack at that fire-breathing trap?"

He looks over the side of the railing down into the rat room. "I wonder if there are more and they are hungry." Naneryn picks up the deflated goblin and tosses him over the ledge. He then watches closely to see if anything comes out to investigate the new food.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

It's Cayden time! Pietro cracks a spare Alchemist's Fire™ and chugs it down.

[dice=Channel Beer Commercial (away from the party pooper, 2 rounds)]2d6

Sorry, are you consuming a Potion of Cure Light Wounds...? Sorry, i didn't get the reference.

No, it's just a joke wherein Pietro pops the cap off an uncovered alchemist's fire, blows off the foam, chugs it down and says "Ahhh." before healing everyone (himself included) with a pair of healing channels. ;) The stuff in green is the only stuff that actually happens.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Back!

If nobody else wants them, I could make use of the alchemist's fires. Let me have a look at that magical battle axe...

spellcraft, DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Oh, and the shortsword from the goblin boss...

spellcraft, DC17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Satisfied with his duty as resident arcane identifier, Telos carefully climbs over the rail to descend into the observed laboratory and see what other interesting details can be gleaned, using both his eye...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

and his arcane eye...

Cast detect magic, scanning the table on the east side of the room, scanning for any auras

So, what was the alchemist doing down here...?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oh, I almost forgot!

He fishes out his own wand of cure light wounds and hands it to Pietro, presuming he'll know what to do. Here ya go, Big Noisy Buddy (TM)!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward nods thankfully at the healing and kicks the body of the goblin and then steals his small shortsword. Could be good. Could be useful. Uncivilized goblin needed to train more.

He slides down the next chamber and takes a peer down the natural looking opening in the south wall.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Welcome back Telos! As you can see you haven't missed much. Naneryn is unconscious but what else is new! :)

The cleric does a nice job at healing back your wounds. There is, however, a large scar across Naneryn's shoulder from where the greataxe had met the flesh - the wound struggling to fully fuse together leaving a permenant mark.

The ranger and sorcorer jump down safely, looking for signs of where to go next. Telos identifies a +1 shortsword (small) as the Sword of Zog from the other level. It is carved with strange runes across the hilt. Similarly, this +1 greataxe (small) is almost big enough to be the full deal. It was designed slighly larger and heavier, with piercings of alchemical veins running through it.

Happy with himself, he looks around casting his arcane magic around the room. The corpse of the now deflated body pings a strange conjuration aura. It is apparent that he goblin had swallowed a bird feather token. Probably thinking it was food. He doesn't reveal anything else magical in the room, however he does find that the tables are covered in dust, and a close examination reveals that they were once covered with numerous oddly shaped apparatuses.

Seward looks down the hallway where the rat made it's way. You follow the rats trail with your eyes as the footing in these debris-choked caverns is treacherous. Any creature moving through these caverns, you think, must do so with dexterity to move at full speed. You see where the rat had tripped, causing a part of the rock to collapse on it. "But why would it down a more dangerous path just to get out of sight, if it had another cave to go into...?" Seward thinks to himself.

Current Conditions
Telos
Pietro
Roran
Seward (protection vs arrows)
Naneryn

Do you follow the rat down the tunnel, or do you explore somewhere else?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Hey! I resemble that remark! :)

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward decides to play it safe after seeing the state that tunnel is in and simply inspects the adjacent door before opening it.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

This chamber appears to still be in use. Its floors have recently been swept, and its three tables appear to be organized and well kept. Arranged across the tables are numerous strange alchemical devices, some of which are suspended over low-burning flames and emit pale ribbons of smoke. Others simply bubble and boil of their own volition.

Stealth (probably...): 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 21 + 2 = 331d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 21 + 2 = 421d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 = 31

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Ouch, no one notices anything. And then, as the light gets closer, Seward notices something under the tables, similarly from the previous encounter. Something more still and dengerous.

Do you go into the room to investigate, or go somewhere else. Move yourselves into the room if you decide to walk in. Sorry for being padantic, but you guys are in a very dangerous spot being in the centre room...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro wanders noisily about the room looking for things to drink.

I am assuming that the altar on the raised dais is supposed to be a table full of chamicals.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Sorry for the confusion, the chemicals are on the tables in the room Seward opened the door to below you. That dias and the room you are in is mostly empty.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Seeing that nothing came out to eat the alchemical goblin and the rest of the party climbing down, Naneryn decides to follow them into the alter room. He checks out the room, alter, and doors (counter clockwise from the one Seward eventually opens.

trap checking:

check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
check for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

If he finds anything. disable device +12. +1 guidance.

After the door is opened, the smelly elf gives Seward a look like, What? You opened it. Why do I have to go first?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos rolls his eyes at Naneryn's evasiveness.

Well, you're certainly going to find more traps than I would! Besides, you're sneaky and we'll be right behind you with the firepower!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward proceeds into the room and dips under the table to look.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Do not worry we are right behind you." Roran says trying to reassure the elf.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I will do full post tomorrow, sorry this room has a lot in it. Something happens right as Seward checks under the table.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

His party, only a few steps behind him, Seward moves in to see if the thing underneath the tables wasn't the same rat that got away. The elf cannot find any traps, and Pietro wanders around ...drunk, in the empty room.

This laboratory seems quiet, yet the many bubbling mixtures and reagents on the tables look like it has been used recently. As you get close to inspect, suddenly, the front table tips spilling it's all the alchemical toxins on Seward. Please make a reflex save!

Alchemical Potions: 1d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 13d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) = 14 - acid and fire damage
The first table becomes a clear spot for you to stand on, so not impeding movement, as it explodes onto Seward!

Suddently, three goblins jump out and act swiftly to target the party. They seem to be wearing small lab coats, covered in layers of black soot from the various explodive materials in the room. They jump onto Seward with a scream! Aahhhhhhahaha, getttt themmm! Where is Snarltooth? What have you done with him! You monsters! ...in goblin.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Goblins: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

DC 15 Local:
These goblins seem to be alchemically infused to be faster and leaner. They have a weird swiftness and finesse about them. Goblin rogues-alchemists...what?

Ouch, going first in initiative...

Purple goblins spends his suprise round tipping the table!
Alchical Bomb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5 -- vs Seward
Alchical Bomb: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 61d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8 -- vs Roran
...Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 7

On their actual round, purple will stab at Seward, persuing him if he has to, and the other two will repeat their actions.
Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Alchical Bomb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 ⇒ 6 -- vs Seward
...Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Alchical Bomb: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 121d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (5) = 9 -- vs Roran

Round 1
Goblins (purple -1, gree, orange)
@ Telos
@ Naneryn
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-10 lethal)
@ Seward (-5 lethal, reflex save, may act in suprise round also, and take round 1)

Seward, obviously startled by the table flipping over him, his armor sizzling!

Loot Shattering?: 1d3 ⇒ 21d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
This is mean, but there are magical potions on each of the tables, that have a chance to shatter if a table is flipped...

@ Everyone may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Assuming Seward doesn't move any farther south (or to the left or right) before Pietro can act, Pietro grabs his tankard and offers this toast: "OH FOR MY GOD'S SAKE!"

channel positive--well, at least not totally down-beat and negative-sounding--healing energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4

GM Tealk wrote:
This is mean, but there are magical potions on each of the tables, that have a chance to shatter if a table is flipped...

Well don't feel too bad. You are only breaking them before Pietro can.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward jumps back in surprise!

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The acid and fire surprises him and he mutter angrily about alchemy I hate science! he yells

He draws out his bow takes a step to the side and snaps an arrow at the green goblin.

Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

In Goblin:

"Your master is dead! The loud one behind me at his head. Flee now or we shall eat you too!"

The smelly elf comes alive again (though he will probably be unconscious soon enough), and rushes into the room shouting something at the goblins and waving his short sword. He swings at the purple goblin.

vs purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

After several moments of commotion the passage into the next room clears up. Telos runs into the room to see the three goblins lobbing things at this teammates.

20', move action

What did you say to them Naneryn? Should we stop attacking?

No sooner does he ask this then he thrust his hands forward, emitting a fan of electricity that envelops two of the goblins.

Concentration, cast defensively, DC17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Cast Burning Hands (electricity), 15' foot cone covering green and purple (marked on the map)
Electrical damage on green and purple, DC15 Reflex for half: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
What did you say to them Naneryn? Should we stop attacking?

"WELL IT DIDN'T SOUND LIKE 'BREE-YARK' WHATEVER IT WAS!"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Not much room for Roran to move in, he will delay.

The cleric's healing energy licks the parties wounds, and everyone feels slightly better.

Telos rushes up casting a wave of burning electricity over the two goblins. You watch, as the wavering chemicals in the room catch fire, disorienting the goblins. Naneryn, crawls up - but is a little frightened by the smell of chemicals in the room, causing him to miss.

Reflex vs BH: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Bbahahahaha! You stupid elf, you think Snarltooth was boooos? Bahahaha, you are even stupider than you are smelly! Go back from where you came - you don't belong to him! they spit at your face Naneryn as they move closer and stab the party.

Shortword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -- all three attacking the mage...sorry.
Shortword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Alchemical Bomb: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 111d6 ⇒ 2
Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Round 2
Goblins (purple -9, green -11 , orange)
@ Telos (-10 lethal)
@ Naneryn
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-7 lethal)
@ Seward (-8 lethal) Half damage from initial explosion!

@ Everyone may act!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Come get some goblin scum Seward is defiant as he takes his bow and dares the creature to try and stop him.

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

To Telos, the smelly elf replies, "Doesn't matter, kill them!"
After the lightning stops, he sidesteps the purple goblin, hoping to get some flank. He waits until he has flank, but strikes even if he never gets it.

short sword vs purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (+2 flank?)
piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (+bs: 1d6 ⇒ 1)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oouuuuuch. That kind of hurt. You're both supposed to be dead already.

Telos quips, not hiding his irritation. He backs up and fires a ray of electricity at the goblin Seward is engaged with.

5' step
elemental ray attack, point-blank shot, precise shot vs. green touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Once Telos fires Roran will step into his spot and takes a swing at green.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 A double digit roll once in a while would be nice.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OH, FOR CAYDEN'S SAKE! THE HALL IS STOPPED UP WORSE THAN THE GARDEROBE AFTER A CHEESE FAIR! AND IT SMELLS JUST AS BAD!"

Pietro prays for divine aid by raising both of his hands and looking skyward while shaking his head.

Cast shield of faith on himself.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The goblin snarls at Seward as it falls from the shot, but not before trying to stab the ranger.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - aoo

The rest of the party, can't seem to find much way in the fight, as these goblins seem to be predicting your moves. Purple ducks and waves underneath the swings of Roran and Naneryn, and uses the paladin as body cover to protect against the ray from the sorcerer.

Yellow runs over to take the place of his comrade and to stop the ranger from unleashing his deadly arrows. He seemingly spits in his face, before raising his weapon to strike, but holding back.

Aggghhh! Boss? BOOOOS! They killed Kenny! BOOOOS! These a**holes have set your lab on fire! BOOOOS! Come show them, show them what happens to non-believers!

13 Sense Motive:
He seems to be waiting for Roran to step into the flank...

Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -- purple

Round 3
Goblins (purple -9, orange)
@ Telos (-10 lethal)
@ Naneryn
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-7 lethal)
@ Seward (-8 lethal)

@ Everyone is up.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward fearlessly stares down the goblin.

The gods have abandoned you and your lot to lives of useless randomness. Do us all a favor. Die.

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Yeah, sorry Pietro, lemme try to get out of the way.

Telos backs up into the former room, while fishing a wand out of his pack.

15' while drawing wand, move action
wand of cure light wounds on self, standard action

use magic device (wand), DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
use magic device (wand), DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

whack, whack!

With the successful, second whack of the wand some of Telos' wounds close up.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Not a chance." Roran smirks and takes a swing at yellow.
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Finally getting the flank *he* was looking for, the smelly rogue tries to finish off purple.

short sword vs purple: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
piercing: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (6) = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 People other than me have motives?

Not sure how many rounds it takes for Telos to leave the fight and take a couple of turns casting from the wand he could hand to Pietro or just ask for some emergency room care. So I'll just go with:

Embarrassed for the little fellow, and concerned about Telos's subcutaneous haematoma, Pietro takes the wand from the little guy shouting "GIVE ME THAT STICK BEFORE YOU PUT OUT AN EYE! NOW WHAT'S THE COMMAND PHRASE? AND IT BETTER NOT BE ANYTHING SILLY!"

Telos can use this for his wand or just take another swat from the stick--dependent upon GM approval:
wand of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

So, the only thing that would call into question it being only one round are the separate UMD checks. I'll be honest I wasn't clear that they invoke separate standard actions, but it didn't seem so per:

CRB, Skills, UMD wrote:
Action: None. The Use Magic Device check is made as part of the action (if any) required to activate the magic item.

So, not sure if failed attempts count as the std. "activate." That said, he is standing right next to Pietro, so I'd take it.

The command phrase is "Delightful, Ecstatic Rehabilitation." Nothing silly at all!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So the UMD check is apart of activating the wand, which is a standard action, so technically you only get one shot of it a round. Thats how i have always understood it.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -- aoo, miss!

As the elf switches his stance behind the goblin, he pierces him through the heart just on the right angle. Roran and Seward stab the last remaining goblin with their respective weapons, and they see a true fear burning in his eyes. Telos cannot activate his wand in time, but the cleric show's him the ropes.

Aaahhh! Helppp! Hellppp! They are going to take all your research! Thell will spoil your truths to the world! Master - you have to help, help! screams the goblin as he full withdraws down the eastern tunnel. You see him knocking at the door, turning his head every now and again to see the teffirying mosters who spattered the blood of his friends between the alchemist lab.

Round 4
Goblins (orange -9)
@ Telos (-4 lethal)
@ Naneryn
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-7 lethal)
@ Seward (-8 lethal)

@ Alright, we are nearly there! Not long left...

451 to 500 of 1,274 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.