GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Sanctum of a Lost Age - Maps!


101 to 150 of 1,492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

...well done, that was such a good roll i had to re-read the module to see what happens...Give me a sense notice to really nail it though. And how do you play yourself up?

The pathfinders finally gain the edge on the scared goblins. The mage fires off energy which arcs and knocks off the hat of the goblin. Althought Seward misses his timing on his shot, this creates the perfect opening for Roran to slice through the nearest goblin. The pair at the back, use their bows to cover their eyes as Naeryns light is too bright for their darkness-conditioned iris's. When they come to, the brooding Cleric, with the blood of their ally dripping from his mace, towers over them. The combination of this, causes two of them to drop their bows and cower.

Spoiler:
Ahhh! Monster! Please don't eat us!

At this point, i will ask, who here can speak Goblin? Or do you have a way to?

The last one, growns a snarky remark at their cowardly troop, and shoot off his bow again at the giant

Orange v Telos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d4 ⇒ 4 -- and it misses, as he runs further into the dungeon abbandoning his bow.

Turn 5
-- Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-5 lethal]
-- Seward [-1 lethal]
-- Roran [-5 lethal]
Turn 6
-- Telos
Goblins 1 (pink blue red) - both cowering, prone
Goblins 2 (orange -3 blue green)

Party is up. Please let me know how you want to do, persue the orange goblin, and what to do with the cowards.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

"BREE-YARK!" bellows Pietro.

"I heard it means something like 'surrender' in Goblin from a guy in a bar in Sandpoint once!" he says in a loud whisper to this fellows.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"No. What you said means 'I will take the hammer that my father stole from your grandfather and stuff it so far down your throat that your next child will have a high picked voice'" After that, Naneryn gets to his feet and approaches the cowering creatures with a lazy grin on his face.

Goblin:

He might just eat you. See how big he is! But if you tell me where that other goblin is going, I'll try to talk him out of it.

After making strange noises at the goblins, he turns to Pietro, "Rub your stomach and look hungry."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Naneryn wrote:
After making strange noises at the goblins, he turns to Pietro, "Rub your stomach and look hungry."

"HA! NO ACTING REQUIRED!" Pietro rubs his gut and looks about hungrily.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos follows just behind Naneryn, watching curiously as the lef speaks their language.

Are... elves and goblins related? Also, find out from them where that other one might have gone. It would be good to have this area secured befored we pass through the doors.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You can all still see the orange goblin that was running away. He made it just to the end of what looks like a smaller passage way that leads away from the chamber.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I am taking you out of initiative, as I think we are all done with this combat. Moving us along. Please make attacks at orange, otherwise he run off in the direction he was headed. I have also moved the lights away for now as we are not in combat for clarity.

As the combat draws to a close, all that is left of the vicious gang of goblins are two pipsqueecks, shaking in their over-sized boots. The party of pathfinder have all sustained some damage, but not as much as the goblins. Three bodies lie in their own blood, their lifeless bodies twitching - as if holding onto some form of life. The do their best to hide themselves undeneath the grooves of a wonderful door, that you can finally observe.

At the south corner of this hall stands a large stone door. Seven thumb-sized sockets are embedded in the door, arranged in a ring around a starburst design. The gems, missing from their spots seem to create a wonderful puzzle for the pathfinders as they realise what they are standing in front of...

Both the goblins stare anxiously at the towering giant rubbing his stomach. You don't think a human has ever threatened to eat them before, although, what better do they know? One of the goblins lets of a scream...in goblin. Ahhhh! Please don't let him eat us, ummmm, sir? Can we call you sir? Yes - you can be new boss if you want!

The other one interjects by stabbing his friend in the gut with his elbow. She will take your tongue for that! Mizz boss will do unspeakable things to us! She will boil us first, and then feed us to the dead! We let intruders do whatever they want, but they cannot be new boss! Ahhh, please don't let that ugly one eat us!

Feel free to have a conversation with these guys, and tell me what you will do with them.

Party Conditions
-- Pietro [-5 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-5 lethal]
-- Seward [-1 lethal]
-- Roran [-5 lethal]
-- Telos

Perceptions around the room + door?:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Naeryn finally realises that the rope you were following was some sort of alarm system set up by the goblins to alert them if the door was opened. However, you investigate further to realise that it wasn't attached to anything that would do so. You chuckle as you figure that the entire trap was pointless.

Loot
You find a small pouch on one of the dead goblins with 60gp inside it, a potion of some kind DC 16 Spellcraft, and a small ring with an emerald in it.

Seward takes a longer look at the mysterious door before the party. He thinks something is strange about it, but he can't place his finger on it. Maybe it's magical? he thinks to himself.

Let me know what else you wish to do in this room. Otherwise, let me know where we are moving next. You have four options:

Lower Floor - SE - Continue down the corridor.
Upper Floor - NE - Door
Upper Floor - NW - Door
Upper Floor - SW -Continue down the corridor.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Yes, Naneryn speaks goblin and will happily translate anything you say. Assuming you ask him what he said earlier, you can look at my Goblin spoiler

Naneryn takes a pot shot at the orange goblin with his short bow.
shortbow vs orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Getting the big guy to heal me with my wand
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Naneryn wrote:

Getting the big guy to heal me with my wand

Need to know the command phrase first. ;)

Once everyone in the party is in close and they are away from any KO'd goblins Pietro congratulates people on surviving their first encounter in the dungeon spreading a wave of good vibes throughout the party.

channel good vibes: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"HAH! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!" Pietro roars with laughter and then slaps Naneryn on the back hard enough to hurt him again.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward nods appreciatively. F$!*ing goblins. Glad we didnt trust that one back in town.

He collects the arrows from his pair of misses

Broken? High= intact: 2d100 ⇒ (38, 80) = 118

He finds one is still usable and re quivers it.

Seward points down their same corridor. Lets go that way

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

When we are done, tie up and gag the goblins.

"Who is this Miss Boss and what is she doing here? What do you know about this door? How many goblins are here? What is the boss trying to do? Which do you prefer, stew or bar-b-q? To eat, not to be eaten-as!"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos fixes his gaze on the potion for a few moments...

Spellcraft, DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Hmm, ask me again tomorrow.

He holds up the ring with the emerald and looks over to the remaining, living goblins to question them about it.

Say, what was this for? This wouldn't happen to be one of the gems that goes into that door, would it?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

With the final parting shot, Naeryn's arrow hits the goblin dead in his tracks. The body falls with a loud thud. The wave of healing energy passes over everyone, healing up some of their wounds.

Asking them a few questions, the poor goblins do their best.
Mmmhhmm, mmhmamamm, mshhaa, shmmaah, aas-hmmm...
...you ungag the goblins. Naeryn does his best to keep up with translating.

Mizz boss? She trying to unlock Door with Holes. This one! Murgmo want to re-unite our brothers with those-of-Zog! Goblins! We 'ave lots! Lots and lots! Super lots! Mmmm, we do like stew, aaaah, don't boil us!

As the goblin sees the shiny emerald, he tries to bite it out of your hands. Mmm, give back shiny! Shiny mine! Door with hole not take my shiny also! You stupid? Shiny thing below with me!

Telos said wrote:


Say, what was this for? This wouldn't happen to be one of the gems that goes into that door, would it?

You din't get the answer you were hoping for, but after detecting magic on the door, you feel a connection. You think that maybe, you can fit the gem into the one of the slots in the door.

You think you have found one, of the seven colour gems needed to open the door. I will keep track of these in campaign description.

Party Conditions
-- Pietro [-1 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn
-- Seward
-- Roran [-1 lethal]
-- Telos

Where are we going next team? Seward has once vote for SE.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos pockets the emerald ring and turns to follow Seward down the southeast passage.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Moving the party along. Feel free to ask the goblins more questions before we full on continue, if you wish. But we will move into the next room.

Having interrogated the goblins with empty threats, you think they have given you some bit of information. You leave them there in the darkness, surrounded by their fallen comrades. As you turn the corner you hear them bighting at their restraints hoping to free themselves. You think this is hopeless.

You continue down the passage only for a few moments, until you get to another room. The narrow passage widens out into a room here before continuing. Piles of sand and rubble fill the corners of the room, and the sound of splashing water can be heard somewhere further on ahead. The rooms architecture is simple in contrast to the previous chamber.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

With his trap-sence, Naeryn stops the group, pointing out the obious trap in the middle of the room. This part of the corridor conceals a dangerous pit trap. He believes that when someone steps on either of the two flagstones in the center of the chamber, the pit opens.

Lucky you have that +1 from your trapfinding. It came in very useful here. I will leave it up to the party to decide on what to do in this room. Trap is sketched out of the floor.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:
Moving the party along. Feel free to ask the goblins more questions before we full on continue, if you wish. But we will move into the next room.

"Naneryn, ask them if they have any food on them."

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Is this a trap he can disarm? Like disconnecting the stones or jamming the pit opening so it can't? If so, he insists on trying. Simply avoiding it is not enough for him. (if he had a can of spray paint, he might satisfy himself with labeling the trap and putting out some orange cones).

The smelly elf comes alive again once the trap is detected. It is like he is two different people. But this one is a know-it-all jerk who insists on thoroughly defeating the trap.

disarm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 (+1 more for guidance if Pietro can land one before the elf gets too far away).

Umm.... anyone got a rope?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Naneryn wrote:
Umm.... anyone got a rope?

Pietro pulls a string of sausages ('meat' from the equipment list) out of his pack with one hand while passing his other over Nanryn and saying "Good luck."

His version of the prayer for guidance.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward peaks down the hallway We should disable that in case we get chased back this way by enemies.

Once that is accomolished Seward will try to fan out in the room and inspect the edges of the room and decides to take a peak down the libe towards the sound of water.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

BACK WITH THE GOBLINS

Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:


"Naneryn, ask them if they have any food on them."

The goblins wiggle around in their restraints, unhappy with their circumstance. We don't have food! We hugry! Yes so hungry! Let us go and we can get some food! Please, we havn't eaten in days! Mizz boss keeps us starving! they reply mockingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

IN THE TRAP ROOM
Naeryn gets down low on the grown, to inspect the craftsman ship of the work. Carefully making his way aroudn the trap, he realises that this is a simple mechanism. He eagerly goes back into his mind's eye to picture the countless books he has read on the simplest of traps. He visualises the solution in his head and goes at it. With steady hands, his tools work magic. Too focused on the task at hand, he is suddently startled by the louder cleric who pats him on the shoulder a little too hard. Suddently, your hands slip, knocking loose a part of the trap. A simple oversight, you think, as the floor beneath you breaks down revealing a 20 foot deep pit.

Naeryn Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 - unlucky...
Ouchies: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Naeryn falls, and all the party can do is watch. He lands in a pit, long forgotten. He doesn't get up...

-- bleed! Total -10 lethal damage!
I am so sorry for skipping over this room and basically just doing this entire post in one go. But now I realise my mistake. Please roleplay how you get him out of the pit. This could make for some funny interactions...

A long-dead skeleton lies at the bottom of the pit, dressed in rusted mail. An old leather backpack beneath the skeleton contains 90 gp, 200 sp, and a scroll DC 17 Spellcraft. You realise that this room might have been used as a warning for what is to come...

-----------------------------------------------------------

CONTNUING INTO THE NEXT ROOM

'Seward Sodalug' wrote:


Once that is accomolished Seward will try to fan out in the room and inspect the edges of the room and decides to take a peak down the libe towards the sound of water.

Seward takes the lead this time, making his way carefully along the next corridor. Water. Running quiety. Drip. Water - a sign that there must be something ahead. An internal watersource perhaps? The party follows him, slowly as a pool of luminous blue water lies in the center of this grand chamber. A spectacular fountain pours into the pool from the image of a winged beast, perhaps a sphinx, low on the north wall. From there, a pair of steep stone stairs ascend in switchbacks to the north, flanked by ornamental pillars and terminating at a stone doorway.

You lean down to investigate the water. The water is cool and refreshing. There is a weird glow which comes from the bright blue tile of the pool basin, which shines softly with old magic. The hairs on your back spike up, as you feel you're not alone here.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Top Skeles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Bot Skeles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d6 ⇒ 4 -- at Roran
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 ⇒ 4
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 5 -- at Naeryn
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 ⇒ 1

Bow Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 212d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

...as a group of skeletal DC 12+ Religion archers lose their arrows somewhere at the end of the room, surprising all of you. Your light source darkness ends somehwere at the base of the stairs. Somewhere from above, you think? Roran gets hit right into the space between his armor and his shoulders. A surging pain rushes his body as he takes 9 lethal damage. Similarly, an arrow sinks into the ranger for 5 lethal damage...

--Round 1--
-- Naeryn
-- Telos
Skeles (green blue)
-- Roran [-10 lethal]
-- Seward [-5 lethal]
Skeles (red purple)
Pietro [-1 lethal, -1 dex]

Naeryn, Telos, Roran and Seward are up. I will take skeles actions in between your turns.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:

BACK WITH THE GOBLINS

Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
"Naneryn, ask them if they have any food on them."
The goblins wiggle around in their restraints, unhappy with their circumstance. We don't have food! We hugry! Yes so hungry! Let us go and we can get some food! Please, we havn't eaten in days! Mizz boss keeps us starving! they reply mockingly.

"Well if you are going to put it THAT way-" ('mockingly') Pietro takes a bite from one end of his sausage rope and chews--very very slowly and with great relish. "OH! RELISH! I should have brought some relish."

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:

IN THE TRAP ROOM

Naeryn gets down low on the grown, to inspect the craftsman ship of the work. Carefully making his way aroudn the trap, he realises that this is a simple mechanism. He eagerly goes back into his mind's eye to picture the countless books he has read on the simplest of traps. He visualises the solution in his head and goes at it. With steady hands, his tools work magic. Too focused on the task at hand, he is suddently startled by the louder cleric who pats him on the shoulder a little too hard. Suddently, your hands slip, knocking loose a part of the trap. A simple oversight, you think, as the floor beneath you breaks down revealing a 20 foot deep pit.

Naeryn falls, and all the party can do is watch. He lands in a pit, long forgotten. He doesn't get up...

-- bleed! Total -10 lethal damage!
I am so sorry for skipping over this room and basically just doing this entire post in one go. But now I realise my mistake. Please roleplay how you get him out of the pit. This could make for some funny interactions...

A long-dead skeleton lies at the bottom of the pit, dressed in rusted mail. An old leather backpack beneath the skeleton contains 90 gp, 200 sp, and a scroll DC 17 Spellcraft. You realise that this room might have been used as a warning for what is to come...

"OH FOR CAYDEN'S SAKE! NANERYN STOP KIDDING AROUND MAN WE'RE HERE ON SERIOUS BUSINESS!"

After someone drags him up Pietro looks him over dismisses the mans wand (Pietro doesn't know the command word) pulls out his own but realizing how angry the picky elf would be at having a non-elf stick touch him holds that one close at hand so he can say that he used it instead of his own.

"HELL YEAH!" cries the cleric--his wand's command phrase.

Pietro's wand of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 "Now that's what I call a wand." Pietro says proudly before shoving into his vest.

Pietro drags the elf to his feet and hands him back his wand with exaggerated reverence. "THERE YOU ARE LAD! QUITE A WAND YOU HAVE THERE! I barely had to touch you with it and 'POP'! It's like you are back from the dead. HAHA! Now stop playing around!"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward presses forward with his torch in hand, rushing for the wall and pressing against it, hoping for some cover from the skeletons hail of arrows and providing much needed lighting for his party-mates.

The dead should remain dead... he comments, his superstition starting to peak through...

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Pit
Naneryn wakes from his unexpected nap with a start. Looking around briefly, the open pit and the great cleric standing over him tells him all he needs to know. He nearly dies again from embarrassment. "You couldn't just leave me down there?" he moans. "First you kill me, then you bring me back. I'm not a toy you know." Somehow through the redness of his face, you know he is grateful.

Skeleton room

"Again with the arrows! No fair!" The twice-dead elf is filled with rage and races along the side of the pool toward the stairs. He sees Seward out of the corner of his eye, pressed against the wall. Deciding that is a great idea, he changes his plan. Instead of turning left and trying to run up the stairs immediately, he turns right and presses himself against the wall under one of the skeletons. That was a double move, so I cannot pull out the holy-water-grenade yet.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran double moves towards the stairs, hoping to use the bannisters as cover.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Oh, so nobody wants to tackle everyone's favorite fat friar down to the floor and out of the line of fire, huh? I see how it is.

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Upon seeing their assailants Pietro consults his memories of his church's holy text the Placard of Wisdom. His copy is a creased and torn tavern menu with the words 'For a good time call...' handwritten upon it. The rest of the message being torn off and hence the subject of much speculation and debate by church elders. Many suspect that the answer to the riddle will lead them to the mythical 'Good Time' a sort of unending Caydenian Nirvana.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

At the pit trap

Telos gasps in shock as Pietro accidentally back-slaps the elf-waif into the pit. His jaw drops even more when the cleric derides his victim.

Well, at least he healed him... I guess. NOTE TO SELF: never let Pietro stand behind you.

After they make sure Naneryn is okay, he asks to see the scroll that was fished out of the pit.

spellcraft, identify scroll, DC17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

-----------------
Archer surprise

Huh, we've found something new in each room lately. Those goblins didn't make very good canaries. Maybe for the next leg of our exploration we should send them down the tunnel first...

With arrows flying and teammates running into position, he re-focuses.

Right, skeletons.

He begins trotting up the left side of the water to get clear site of their attackers.

20', move action
Cast magic missile on green, standard action
Force damage vs green: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Loot: Telos is able to identify a scroll of invisibility.

The pathfinder, undeterred by the first suprise round, press forward. The skeletons unleash a final volley at rhose still in the corridor.

Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 ⇒ 1 —on Seward
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d6 ⇒ 3
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 ⇒ 3 — on Pietro
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d6 ⇒ 3

The first set of skeles are thrown off balance from the magical assault. Their arrows go wide and Seward is able to slip to the other side unharmed. As his friends leave him, Pietro is left as they only viable target. He dodges one, but into the way of the second arrow for 3 points of damage.

—Round 1–
— Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 dex]
— Round 2 —
-- Naeryn [-1 lethal]
-- Telos
Skeles (green -4 blue)
-- Roran [-10 lethal]
-- Seward [-5 lethal]
Skeles (red purple)

The entire party is up. Note that the stairs are difficult terrain and count as two squares for movement.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran make his way up the steps, almost to the top landing. Another double move

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Huh, those bones are stronger than I thought they’d be. These ones drank their milk in life. Okay...

He continues moving north...

20’, move action, can’t move my token just yet...

He raises his hand towards the skeleton straight ahead at the back and unleashes a different kind of ray...

cast disrupt undead vs blue, standard action
Disrupt undead attack vs blue touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Disrupt undead damage vs blue: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Rushes forward and then falls prone.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As Pietro and Telos move up, they notice the shine of something in the water reflect from your torch lights. Upon falling prone next to the water, Pietro can clearly see thousands of beautiful blue irregularly cut stones fill the bottom of this feature. Focusing more on the enemies, Telos weaves a spell. The arcane energy erupts form the red skeleton causing pieces of bone to fly in the direction of Roran. The rest of the team close in.

Telos, with your canteip you can’t reach the furthest up skeles. So ill say you can get the bottom floor instead.

Blue and green fire their arrows at the mage.

Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 1
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 2

—Round 2 —
Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-1 lethal]
Telos
Skeles (green -4 blue)
Roran [-10 lethal]
-- Seward [-5 lethal]
Skeles (red purple)

Naeryn and Seward can still go.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The rogue pulls out a vial of holy water and lobs it Upward at the purple skeleton, grenade Style.

vial vs purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward clambers up to a skeleton, drawing a club and tossing it st thr skeleton, whacking the skeleton with it.

not my favored tactics but they'll do

Club + Favored Enemy - range increment on thrown club: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 261d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8

He then moves further up the stairs to retrieve his club.

I can't mess with the map can some one please move me

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Naeryn misses completely - the vial flying back into his face. A new bruise appearing just under his left eye - the holy water feeling refreshing on his dirty face.

Seward stumbles forward, throwing his club right as the skeleton draws another arrow to fire off at Roran. He is a suprisingly good shot. The club strikes the creature in just the right place, enough for the creature to fall apart. Whatever necrotic energy was holding it together, seems to disappear just as quickly.

— Round 3 —
-- Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Naeryn [-1 lethal]
-- Telos
Skeles (green -4 blue)
-- Roran [-10 lethal]
-- Seward [-5 lethal]

The remaining two skeletons look at each other, and draw scimitars. You can see dried blood on the metal from older kills.

The whole party can go, i'll move the skeletons in between turns if i have to.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:


Telos, with your canteip you can’t reach the furthest up skeles. So ill say you can get the bottom floor instead.

Really? Range is 25+2/level, he is 2nd level. He had moved to *just* within 30'

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos move up next to Naneryn...

15', move action

and releases a bolt of arcane force

Cast magic missile vs. green
Force damage vs green: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Get up and move using the banister for cover.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

My apologies for not describing the room enough. So the skeletons are on a raised area above where you guys entered from. So at the bottom where the pool of water is, lets say 0ft. The next tier where Roran and Seward are on is 10ft up. The remaining skeletons are 20ft up. These platforms lead up towards some sort of crypt area.

So although you were 30ft away from the highest skeletons, they were still about 20ft up and thus out of your range. Feel free to re-work your action if you'd like.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Ah, I neglected to consider height. In that case that last one would miss too. Ret-con'ing the above to magic missile (which has a much greater range)

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran turns and climbs the next set of steps. He then readies to swing.

readied strike, longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As Telos finishes off green with a magic missile, the remaining skeleton marches to his doom. As he turns the corner, whatever compelled him to do so in the first place, makes it observable that he does not care the for life of his minions. Roran slices the creature, only cutting some of the bone. The majority of its structure still holds stable. The skeletons cold dead eyes stare back at the paladin as he slashes with his scimitar.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

— Round 3 —
-- Naeryn [-1 lethal]
-- Seward [-5 lethal]
— Round 4 —
-- Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 dex]
-- Telos
-- Roran [-10 lethal]
Skeles (green blue -8?)

The party may act.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward continues stumbling forward and grabs his discarded club from the ground, ready to tosd is again soon

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Om phone. Csnnot see map. I move to a skel and attack with short sword if i can.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran is cute slur dueling with the skele in a tight space on the stairs, so you’ll have to move around the long way to get around his other end. I’ll see what happens with everyone else and then move you if things are not resolved.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran switches to his shield and bashes the skeleton.

shield bash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

AC 18 for this round

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

We are our of initiarice. I’ll move you along tonight when I get home.

As his allies move up behind Roran to support the paladin, he strikes his shield into the enemy, pulverising his chest cavity. The empty creature falls, collecting itself before letting out afoul growl and collapsing.

All you can hear now, once again, the sound of slow moving water. The lapis in the water making beautiful blue murals along the cathedral like hall. Telos and Naeryn turn their attention the the architecture once more. This entire section is built differently to the rest of the dungeon. You sense the presence of old magic, both school of necromancy and abjuration can be felt here.

At the top of the stairs, the hall proceeds briefly into a double door at the end of a hallway. You observe an unnatural stillness. Pietro feels uncomfortable, as a cold chill rushes through his body. Whatever these things were guarding, I bet I could drink them under the table. Can the dead even injest ale? he ponders for a brief moment.

Roran feels similar vibes. The light here is weaker from your light sources. The undead were not powerful by any means, but they seems to follow some sort of orders. Serenrea and her light feels like it’s going to struggle to find a way to pierce the darkness in there.

The ranger is focused on his club. How can I make this thing more aerodynamic. Do I need to? It made a good impact when I threw it. It’s definately not as light as my bow. I wonder if I can shoot it... thinks Seward as he realises what he did in that combat.

Party Conditions
Naeryn [-1 lethal]
Seward [-5 lethal]
Pietro [-4 lethal, -1 dex]
Telos
Roran [-10 lethal]

Feel free to roleplay in this room, and heal up. I will move ya along tonight. Well done everyone.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:
Roran is cute slur....

I always thought of him as more of an adorable slam.

GM Tealk wrote:
We are our of initiarice.

We do? ;)

At work as well.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward makes use of his cure stick and heals.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I guess some primitive cultures practice club throwing. I wonder if there is a way to master this art. What do you guys think? Fletching for my club? Would that make it fly more?

101 to 150 of 1,492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.