GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


251 to 300 of 1,323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Doing my best here! I think I just fried it a little bit! I'm going to try to get Pietro back!

He steps back towards the action, and leans down to tap Pietro with the wand.

5' step
Use magic device, wand, DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Cure Light Wounds, Pietro: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The bleeding stops, and his wounds close a bit, but he doesn't seem to regain consciousness.

Gah! It wasn't enough. He's stopped bleeding. Next time for sure!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I will check back later tonight to see if I can post again. If not, I'll return Sunday afternoon as mentioned before.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Stable?: 1d20 ⇒ 4 -- Pietro
Fortitude Save?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 -- Naneryn

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The creature rages forward slamming into Seward. Luckily, he focuses on moving more swiftly and avoids the hits. The creature looks frustrated and raws. Its screech bounces off the walls of this room and down the corridors.

Telos moves up and heals the cleric, but rushes the activation. He activates it well, but is unable to properly conclude the spell.

- Round 5 -
@ Roran [-24 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -4 str, -6 con] Stabilisation roll please.
@ Pietro [-16 lethal, stable, -1 dex, -4 str, -5 con]
@ Telos
@ Naneryn [-14 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -2 str, -1 con] Stabilisation roll please.
- Round 6 -
@ Seward [-8 lethal]
Bugs (Blue -11)

@ Party go!

Telos, you're character sheet says your UMD is +9, is this correct, or is it +6? Enjoy your trip!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes a step back and, with an eye towards defending himself snaps a shot at the creature.

Longbow, AC 21: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I'm running low on time Telos....

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

stabilization roll, DC 10: 1d20 - 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 10 - 2 = 3

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Telos, you're character sheet says your UMD is +9, is this correct, or is it +6? Enjoy your trip!

Doh, yeah, turned the bonus upside down there. :) Didn't matter in this case.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos nervously focuses on the wand and tries to send a stronger charge to Pietro...

Use magic device, wand, DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 He should be *conscious* now

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

stable: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (5) - 6 = -1

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos reaches down and tries again. This time, with more success, he breathes life into the snoring cleric. With a gasp he wakes up to see the horrorifoc situation you are still in.

@ Pietro [-9 lethal...etc] is conscious on the grown amidst his allies. I’ll wait to see what he wants to do.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos nervously focuses on the wand and tries to send a stronger charge to Pietro...

He should be *conscious* now

You have to say the magic words first.

Pietro rolls over dragging his cloak with him.

"Leave me be! I'm trying to rest!" he grumbles.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Does it feel like this situation is a good time for your crap Pietro? Seward grumbles grumpily.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Does it feel like this situation is a good time for your crap Pietro? Seward grumbles grumpily.

"SLUGSODA! What are you doing in my room!?" Pietro sits up to look the halfling in the eye, and then winces. "Doooh. What did I drink last night? What's all this now?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Pietro wakes up like a from a massive hang over. His friends, bloodied and sweaty, screaming at him to get his wits together. Somehow, the cleric does not remember that last few moments at all.

Meanwhile, the bug continues his assault on the ranger.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

- Round 5 -
@ Roran [-25 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -4 str, -6 con] Stabilisation roll please.
@ Pietro [-9 lethal, -1 dex, -4 str, -5 con]
@ Telos
@ Naneryn [-15 lethal, uncon, bleeding, -2 str, -1 con] Stabilisation roll please.
- Round 6 -
@ Seward [-8 lethal]
Bugs (Blue -17)

@ Party go!


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Telos moves past Pietro and uses his wand on Roran who was knocked out first.

UMD;Healing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Thank God....If I would have failed the stabilization roll. Roran would be dead

Just for funzies:

stabilization roll: 1d20 - 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 11 - 2 = -2

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward backs himself up literally into a corner and takes a hopeful shot.

I hope this works... he mumbles quietly

long bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

The big cleric rolls over groaning. He reaches out to touch Naneryn's forehead with a couple of callused fingers. (Burning enlarge person for)....

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Naneryn tries to stabilise.
Stable?: 1d20 ⇒ 1 -- bleed

Seward sinks another arrow into the beast, as it stumbles on it's last legs. It peers back and sees the cleric back up on it's feet. Telos takes advantage of this time and sends electricity arching from his arm and into the creature.

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -- touch ac

The creature screams in pain as its wounds sizzle with electricity. It stumbles around for a few moments, then falls to the group next to its fallen kin.

The pools of blood beneath you all, creates a stench which combines with the putrid smell of the bugs. The air is stale, and you are dehydrated and exhausted from this tough battle. You are victorious, and most importantly alive.

Party Conditions
Roran [-23 lethal, stable, -4 str, -6 con]
Pietro [-9 lethal, -1 dex, -4 str, -5 con]
Telos
Naneryn [-7 lethal, -2 str, -1 con]
Seward [-14 lethal] Fortitude save please!

We are out of initiative as soon as someone heals Naneryn!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward produces his wand and gives a touch of healing to the stinky elf.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He then collects his club and realizes how short on arrows he is.

Mushrooms eh?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You are right, I totally jumped the gun with the creature. It would still die from the ray, but here is the creatures attack!

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

One last hit slips through on the ranger, forcing him to take a knee before creature is slain.

You take a minute to look around and find hidden in the center of the statue’s chest, a good 15 feet above the ground, is a secret compartment. The compartment’s door was melted by the same fire that slagged the statue’s head, but it can still be opened.

Inside the Idol, Disable Device:
Inside there is a smaller compartment made from older stone. You find a magical short sword DC 16 Spellcraft lying with a pile of polished red stones. Everything seems to be neat and not touched in a long time.

Four (x4) Fortitude save from Seward please, and you are finally done! What did you guys think to do next? By the way, very well done. I hope this will be a combat people remember for a while!

Hey, hey you guys. Are you still alive up there! The bang bang stopped! Did you die? Are you all dead? you hear in Goblin coming from familiar muffled voices coming from below the open chamber behind you.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Yay Seward lives!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Bot Buddy 9000 wrote:
Telos moves past Pietro and uses his wand on Roran who was knocked out first.
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Seward produces his wand and gives a touch of healing to the stinky elf.

Whose wands? It's so I can keep count.

"IT'S MILLER TIME!" roars the aching Pietro climbing slowly to his feet. "Nothing like a visit to the miller to sip his fermented grains."

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:


Whose wands? It's so I can keep count.

Telos would use two of his own charges. So, down to 45 charges left i believe...

You really only ever think about drinking, don't you Pietro? asks Telos as he is wiping the blood from his hands. His robes turned crimson in patches from all his allies blood.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Well, NOT NOW!" he says looking down at the gore-splattered halfling. "But after dinner and perhaps some mutton. Mmmm. Warm mutton. Oh! Mushrooms. Heheh."

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward uses his own wand in himself. Ancestors willing he was gonna survive this place.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He picks up the club and carves a sigil in it.

Good Wood. was now the name of the club.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"That's just what we need--kindling! Let's find somewhere to get a fire started. Like in a fireplace at the Greenforest Inn. Drinks are on me!" I'm thinking that most of the party aside from maybe Roran are probably lightweights. HAH!

Seriously, we've been in here for 20 minutes of Pietro's normal 15-minute work-day and we are looking at a few days of in-game bed rest just to get back to normal.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So, you’ve done well for your time here. You have explored three quarters of the area and collected 3/7 gems, which you think might somehow fit into the Door of Seven Stars. It is completely up to you where you go from here. Depending on what you decide to do, becuase of the route you decided to take, there might be repercussions with you resting. Only because of what you’ve been doing so far. Also, becuase of the nature of this module, you won’t be leveling up from the rest - only at the completion of this floor. Even though you really should. If you do leave and rest, think about what you will need to say to convince the Baron of Thornkeep to let you back into the dungeons since he will be back after you rest. Purely roleplay of cource..

It will take you about 3 days to recover all of your ability damage with long term care. Link!

Basically, here are the things you’d like to think about now.
1. Do you continue exploring? You have one quarter of the dungeon left you think.
- If so, which direction do you take?
- You still haven’t met with Mizz Boss, goblin chief.
2. Do you leave and rest off the ability damage. You know this will take some time.
- What do you do with the tied up goblins?
- What will you tell the leaders of Thornkeep once you emerge. You were told that they do not let people inside in normal circumstances.
- Concider what proof you have or Nhur Athemons presence. Have you opened the Door or Seven Stars,
- When will you return? What do you write back to the Society regarding updates.

Most importantly, is everyone good to continue after finishing Part One: Accursed Halls. I will start prepping the chronicle sheets this week.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"We lived? I guess I'll have to thank whoever saved us. Was it the little goblins from downstairs? I haven't had this many brushes with death in a day since...? since the time my mom looked under my bed."

At the mention of a lock to pick Naneryn's eyes light up and energy courses through his body. He starts to move and then sways, grasping his head. He steadies himself, but you can see his light and exuberance are greatly diminished! Yet their remains a solid drive behind his eyes.

Assuming we find something for me to stand on or they throw a rope over the statue and hoist me up from the other side, the smelly rogue tries the lock. This time, he does not seem to mind waiting for a guidance.

Take 10 for disable device. 10+11=1=22

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:


Whose wands? It's so I can keep count.

Telos would use two of his own charges. So, down to 45 charges left i believe...

You really only ever think about drinking, don't you Pietro? asks Telos as he is wiping the blood from his hands. His robes turned crimson in patches from all his allies blood.

Back from the weekend, updated my resources. It should be 46 charges, I had previously marked off all uses before the botted used.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Spellcraft, shortsword, DC 16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

After that battle we seem to be in pretty rough shape. Maybe we should rest up outside for a bit and then return. There is the small matter of convincing the locals to let us back in. Perhaps we can tell them we're hot on the trail of a goblin lord who would invade their town?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Before I forget...
Seward Fort Save!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 -- made it on first one!

Nanerys is very easily able to decifer the hatch which opens up into a small compartment. Inside there is a smaller compartment made from older stone. You find a magical short sword lying with a pile of polished red stones. Everything seems to be neat and not touched in a long time, as if left for someone to find. Roran lies still, underneath the body of a giant aberration which you killed only moments ago, the purple blood from the creature mixing with his own to create strange hues.

Does anyone want to heal your heroic paladin who sacrificed himself to the surprise round of doom?

Party Conditions
Roran [-23 lethal, stable, -4 str, -6 con]
Pietro [-9 lethal, -1 dex, -4 str, -5 con]
Telos
Naneryn [-7 lethal, -2 str, -1 con]
Seward

As you make your way back outside into the main hall, you consider your options of what to do next. The cold etched stone of the Door of Seven Stars glows ever so slightly, or does it, beckoning you forward to discover is many secrets. The two goblins on the lower level are jumping up and down impatiently waiting for the sound of battle to quieten.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Further from where you came. The Misty Chamber
You continue past the idol for a little bit, out of pure curiosity. This large, L-shaped chamber is filled with knee-deep, pale purple mist. Beneath the mist is a floor of small, glossy black blocks, noticeably different from the flagstone elsewhere in the dungeon. Stone archways exit to the north and the west.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
Seward: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The passage way down the stairs!
The stair lead further down onto a level below you. A framework of old timbers shores up this hallway’s cracked and uneven ceiling. From the west comes the sound of falling water. In the middle of the hall, a large stone block lies on top of the corpse of a crushed goblin. Several smaller tracks lead back down. Naneryn notices that this coridor doesn't look very stable and might be difficult to pass, but he can't place his fingure as to why.

The way out!
You notice the passage way back out, on the lower floor, from where you came seems warm and friendly. You remember the smell of Greenforest Inn, and the beds you all crashed on over the first few nights. The wiff of ale and old mutton hits you, as you realise how hungry you are. Any sembelence of a good nights sleep is a warm welcome to the horrors you have witnessed here. The gems you are holding, seem to glow ever so slighly in this main hall.

What's the concensus, team? I have left you a few things to think about here...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran lays on the floor, hand still holding his trusty sword.

If we do press on. Roran is going to have a hard time front lining. That fight did take a lot out of us

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran!:

...You are surrounded by darkness. The last thing you remember was walking down into the unexplored area of the Accursed Halls, and then, the warm and familiar feeling of blood soaking your armour. Warmth! You realise what might be happening, as you try to open your eyes but you can't. Truth The familiar weight of your weapon is right in your grasp, yet - you can't reach it. Power! The voice beckons you, old and raspy, yet clear and somehow close. Death is only the beginning... Before you realise you are paralysed and helpless, a familiar light of Iomedae guides you out into consciousness. Once your allies heal you...

Oops! Fixed! Actually up until now, i had no idea who you worshiped... I guess i need to pay closer attention...
Edit - should have guessed from Weapon Focus: Longsword! :D

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

GM:

Sarenrae, guess I need to change deities since Iomedae let me down.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward lends his wand to the fallen Paladin.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Do try to not let these things get in my face next time.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"WAIT! Am I forgetting something? OH! Roran-lad! HELL YEAH!"

wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He wacks the butt of the wand on the stone banister a few times and tries again.

"Now I said: HELL YEAH!"

wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!" Pietro re-sheathes his wand and stares down into the face of Roran as he wakes.

"WELL THERE YOU ARE LAD!" he bellows at point blank range. "Time to be going! It's nearly lunch! HAHA! You'll have to help herd the gobbos out."

[b]EDIT I'm calling dibs, because first of all--cleric, and second because of grammar. "Lending" him a wand will not actually help him regain consciousness (it will just roll off his chest). If you mean to use it on him that's not really lending is it? He's not going to recharge your wand. So there. Hmph.[/ooc]

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Haha! You guys decide between yourselves, I don’t really mind.

As Roran is healed up, and back on his feet, the Pathfinder decide to leave the dungeon for some well earned rest. As you begin escorting the goblins out of the dungeon, they squirm, kick and bite!

We not go! We can’t! Scary chieftain outside will eat us! We don’t wanna leave, we stay with Mizz Boss and tell her of how you slain the bugs and freed the Temple of Zog! We tell of your glory! We do that for you if you leave us to stay! they snap at you in goblin. However they are very small and weak so making them do what you want isn’t difficult.

Since we are leaving, how are you guys planning on getting Long Term Care for your ability damage? Or are you going to let it heal off at a rate of one per day? I guess, are you planning on resting for a little while, or a long while?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I should let those with the actually ability damage weight in, but as I see it, the dungeon won't turn into a pumpkin in six days.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

A full day of rest (not just 8 hours) allows a character to naturally recover 2 hp/level, and 2 ability score points per damaged ability per day. So at the end of 3 days of bed rest all of the party's ability score damage will be healed. In the meantime those with no damage can wait hand and foot on those with damage. "Time for my twice daily sponge bath! Where's my rubber ducky!" ;)

If someone actually cares for people during that time (a successful heal check is needed) they recover twice as fast. So another option might be to check in with a local healer.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran would appreciate the rest and recovery. But, no sponge bath or rubber duckies necessary

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Are you sure it is ability point per damaged ability? I always read it to be in total...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Scroll down a bit.

Healing Ability Damage wrote:
Temporary ability damage returns at the rate of 1 point per night of rest (8 hours) for each affected ability score. Complete bed rest restores 2 points per day (24 hours) for each affected ability score.

~the Cleric

I play other clerics too, so if you need a second opinion I'm sure I could get Lauranna to give one. ;)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Mmm, link doesn't work to d20. But you are right, I had another look at the crb. I was confusing it with something else. It will take you 3 days by yourselves, or 2 days with if someone provides Long Term Care. This is for a full recovery.

You follow an all to familiar white string which you thought would lead you somewhere - back to the door. As you leave the main chamber, the stones in your possession lose their glow and get cold to the touch. You lead the poor goblins out by the scruff of their skin. Their beat and naw at you trying to escape, but all is for naught. Please! Noooo! Chief Graalsk will eat us alive! He won't forgive us for siding with Murgmo! Please, let us back in! We won't tell, we promise!

The cool of the air is refreshing on your skin. It is still the middle of the night, as you have only spent at most half an hour exploring. There are some lights from distant farms still visible, and chimneys billow a noticeable smoke. You can follow the path back from when you arrived towards the town.

Where do you go from here? Who do you contact? How long are you planning on resting?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward is ready for a long nights sleep and goes back to find the Inn.

Goblin politics do not interest me. Besides you would turn on us at the first available moment. Opportunist scum. I've been to Sandpoint

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Now since it is probably not yet 7pm and Pietro does his best resting on a bar stool he heads to the Greenforest for pint or four and a chance to regale the patrons with his (and his band's) exploits, while others tend to the matter of the goblins.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You guys know that going to the officials with a report of what you’ve seen inside the dungeons will probably get you locked up. This is becuase you are here without notifying the Baron of your presence, you are using his absence as an opportunity to explore the first floor to discover more information. Moreover, goblins in the Accursed Halls doesn’t tbinknwill suprise anyone, as Murgmo and her deserters have set their eyes on the Temple of Zog long ago. My suggestion would be to see self proclaimed Chief Graalsk if you were to drop the goblins off anywhere.

As it turns out, it would be past midnight by the time you decided to dungeon dive those 30 minutes ago. It was to avoid most of the guard patrols easier. But you know that Greenforest Inn is open at all hours of the night to walk ins for refreshments. It might not be as packed now either.

I will make a big most tonight about what, when, why and how, tonight to continue us on. If you don’t What are Roran, Nanaeryn and Telos doing?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Sorry for the delay.

back with the goblins...

"What do you mean, 'freed the Temple of Zog'? Is that the place with the melted statue? I think that was something we were not supposed to do? What will Murgmo do if she finds that room opened?"

as we head back to town

"Figures. Raised from the dead just long enough to make the long trudge through a mosquito-ridden night back to town in time to get locked up for life or longer." You are used to his portents of doom and gloom by now, though.

On the other hand, the squirmy goblins give him an idea. "I'll bet Chief Graalsk wouldn't eat your heads if you were to give him some useful information about what Miss boss is up to and how much progress she is making. But then again, maybe Pietro will. A fight like that takes a lot out of a guy his size." He laughs in slow motion "HaHa! You're probably safer with a mad Graalsk than you are with a hungry Pietro."

That gives him another idea. "Ya know.... I wonder what kind of camp Graalsk has setup. He's a chief and all. Cute goblin serving gals and such? Wine? Food? Comfortable shelter?.... Hmmm... maybe we should let him know about the temple. Maybe he has some ideas on how to keep Miss boss from growing too powerful?"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward favors either killing or releasing the goblins to be killed. He has no interest in meeting Mizz Bozz

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Maybe it is because I'm playing a rogue, but I kind of like the idea of being an outlaw for a little while. See if the goblin chief can provide us with a place to rest and heal up before going back in. If we need to buy supplies, then maybe Naneryn can sneak in an buy/steal them.????

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Naneryn wrote:

Sorry for the delay.

"What do you mean, 'freed the Temple of Zog'? Is that the place with the melted statue? I think that was something we were not supposed to do? What will Murgmo do if she finds that room opened?"

The goblins shiver in the cold of the night, as if feeling the air for the first time. Mizz Boss be mad! She looking for that room for ages! Those bugs you ate were too scary for Mizz Boss! But now that it's free - she can worship Zog in all his glory! She looking for a weapon! A weapon of mass destruction! Eheheheh! they begin to chuckle.

If you guys don't want to dungeon...I guess that means that I will have to bring the dungeon to you!

251 to 300 of 1,323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.