GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


401 to 450 of 1,270 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Naneryn, how soon should we follow? How will you signal if attacked?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Fall over in a stupor no doubt." Pietro says before noting Telos' wounds and giving him a couple of "Hell Yeahs!"

wand of cure light wounds v Telos: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
wand of cure light wounds v Telos: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Thank you, Pietro!

Telos watches his arms as the wounds close up.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Oh cool, I forgot about the protection from arrows! Didn't someone say they cast message so we could all communicate?

Naneryn waves the party forward as he remembers that he prefers to disarm traps, not assassinate seven foot tall flying giants that crap napalm and shoot disintegration rays out of their eyes.

When they catch up, unless one of the tanks wants to go first, he'll sneak further down the hall to check out the alcoves and other stairway.

trapfiding: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So you want to go down up to the raised area? Or further east to the other statues?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

sorry, to the end of the orig corridor, by the other statues. Not turning to go up to the raised area. If I get one-shotted, I want the party to know where they can find my corpse :P

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As Naneryn places his wits about him, he bravely continues down the statued corridor. He eyes the welcoming statue with a glare, as it stares back. The eyes trace his movement, or do they?

As he continues moving, his friends watch on. One step, after another, he moves slowly using the shadows to his advantage. As he takes another step into the line of the first golden statue, he is met with an unexpected response.

Flame Breath: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 182d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 -- against CMD

A rush of hot flame mixed with a powerful gale pushes the lanky elf agasint the wall, pinning him motionless. DC17 Arcana. The hot flames batter agasint his skin, as he turns and sees the vision of a dragon roaring his dragone breath eminating from the statue. Your muscles twitch at the extreme pressure exerted by this statue, unable to move. A fear overtakes you, as you realise you might be burned alive.

Your friends watch on as this happens.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

- Round 1 -
Telos
Roran
Seward
# Trap
Naneryn (-8 lethal, pinned - CMB or Escape Artist to escape)
Pietro

Allies may assist in his checks by pulling him out, but cannot actually pull him out of there.

This is brutal, but i have to place you in turn order here. How do you all help Naneryn, or do you stand and watch the show? Everyone can act, inintiative order was so i can track events and status.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward will pull a rope and tie it into a quick lasso (rd 1)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
This is brutal, but i have to place you in turn order here. How do you all help Naneryn, or do you stand and watch the show? Everyone can act, inintiative order was so i can track events and status.

Pietro can't stand to see the poor elf suffer, so instead he pulls out his iphone and earbuds.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
GM Tealk wrote:
This is brutal, but i have to place you in turn order here. How do you all help Naneryn, or do you stand and watch the show? Everyone can act, inintiative order was so i can track events and status.
Pietro can't stand to see the poor elf suffer, so instead he pulls out his iphone and earbuds.

It is a shame you wouldn’t get any reception down under Thornkeep. The Azlants have not developed WiFi yet...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Well, not yet an action, but let's start with...

knowledge (arcana), DC17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

This magic seems alchemical in nature. Telos notices some chemical residue running out of the spout of the statue where the fire is coming from. You can disable the device, only if it is already active, by dodging underneath the statue's pressure and administering a chemical solvent to neutralise the solution. The ingenuity combines alchemy and evocation magic in a strange way.

A straight disable device, or craft alchemy can do the trick, although you think the DC is rather high.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

If one of us could get around the pressure it's exerting we might be able to disable it, either by mechanical disabling or by applying an alchemical solvent, though it would be very difficult... the problem is, our trap disabler is already disabled by the trap! Anybody else?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

escape artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You escape the pressure and are able to move out of the way. Out of initiative, I’ll write full post later. Which way do you move?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
GM Tealk wrote:
This is brutal, but i have to place you in turn order here. How do you all help Naneryn, or do you stand and watch the show? Everyone can act, inintiative order was so i can track events and status.
Pietro can't stand to see the poor elf suffer, so instead he pulls out his iphone and earbuds.
It is a shame you wouldn’t get any reception down under Thornkeep. The Azlants have not developed WiFi yet...

Pietro looks up from his previously downloaded cat videos. They never fail to put a big smile on his face.

"Hm?!"

Pietro comes prepared for dungeon exploration. He even carries a dungeon wall-adapter.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Sewards votes wr go down by that raised area.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Hell Yeah!"

wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

While Seward ties a lasso and Pietro watches the spectacle occurring, Naneryn is able to bolster a little bit of strength to push agasint the force exerted by the trap and make his way back to the party. The cleric heals him up, but the singes and light burns on the armor and the elf's skin persist. "How did I not see that obvious trap? Whoever designed it must be very powerful..."

A few moments pass, and the ranger elects to take the lead and press down the unexplored tunnel up to the raised area. Roran takes the rear to protect everyone from any unexpected ganks.

I have moved you all up to the next area.

Party Conditions
Naneryn (-2 lethal, protection from arrows active)
Telos
Roran
Pietro
Seward

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

This grand chamber appears to be some sort of observation laboratory. The northern section is raised, and contains rotten benches for watching the experiments below. The southern half of the chamber is dominated by a dais on which is set a heavily stained table. It appears that something has dug through the walls of this room, creating two tunnels out of the chamber. Staircases to the northwest and northeast lead out of the viewing area, and wooden doors flank the southwest and southeast sides of the dais. Large stone doors stand south of the dais. A few rats with rotten skin and pustules of something viscous on their skin, reveal their diseased nature. They pay little attention to you, as they chew on some decay in their corners.

Seward!:

Seward notices something bulky hiding underneath the southern most table, watching you. (The one below the red rat).

What would you like to do? If you decide to shoot them, this will initiate combat. You have the upper ground, as you are about 10 ft up on the raised area.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Rats: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
??: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

GM:

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

GM:
Something? Edit: I guess never mind. Back to cat videos. ;)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos steps over into the viewing area and stands behind the front benches.

If those rats are any indication, unclean things happened here...

He exudes a general disgust for this place.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Naneryn is still licking his bruised ego and is lost in thought about how to disable that thing (working through how to execute what Telos figured out about the magic/alchemy stuff). He is also wondering if there is anything else he could do to detect such traps in the future (if a powerful person put that there, then there are likely similar or worse elsewhere in this dungeon).

He barely even sees the room they are in yet.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes a shot at the creature.

Surprise Round: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alright, since you technically go after him in the initiative, I will rule it as you do a bluff check vs his sense motive. If he sees you pointing the bow at him, he will act. I will redirect the surprise attack action on one of the rats instead.

Bluff vs Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The creature suspects something fishy from the ranger, and instinctively reacts. It disapears from your view, Seward, almost silently. The ranger angrily, fires the arrow off into a rat, and it dies instantly.

The party later notices as the table gets bumped by a force, and a soft. Agghh echos through the room.
GM Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 12 + modifier

Round 1
@ Roran
Monster?
@ Seward
@ Naneryn (-2 lethal)
@ Telos
Rats
Pietro

@ Roran, Seward, Naneryn and Telos are up.
The wooden cues in the raised area are not difficult terrain.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The ranger's abrupt actions alert the smelly elf that something foul is afoot. He pulls out his bow, hastily drags himself to the balcony (a not-so-faint aroma of burnt elf flesh is now part of the bouquet that follows him everywhere), and looks over. "Rats? You got me all worked up over a few rats?"

He takes an irritated, pot-shot at one of the rats (red?) and then stares at Seward. I'm glad this guy reacts to quickly. It sure helped me get out of those cursed flames. But a couple of rats? That due needs a large cup of chamomile tea.

pot shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The rat is flat footed, so you would get sneak attack, but it's dead anyway.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran moves into the room as the Seward releases an arrow. Expecting something dangerous, he draws his sword.

He is actually disappointed when he gets in and find a rat skewered by the ranger's arrow.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos looks down into the lower room.

So.... the "rat emergency" is almost over? It doesn't seem worth the electricity to fry that last one. I think it'll leave us alone if we wish to investigate down there...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Hm?" Pietro looks up not really paying attention. "What 'Rat emergency?'"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Shhh....there was someone else. I lost sight of him, but there we are definitely not alone here.

Seward stalks forward trying to see the underneath the southernmost table.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

When Naneryn gets a chance to do anything he will....

The smelly elf goes completely still. Only his eyes move as they search the room. You know he is also listening very closely. His nostrils flare as he takes a deep breath, hoping to sniff out the danger.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I am at a conference for work which finishes tomorrow. I’m be able to post soon...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The last rat scuttles away as his friends are assualted, into the cave and away from the noise. You notice that it doesn’t go into the cave directly to ge right or it, instead choosing to go down south.

The party, confused as to why Seward has caused such a fuss over some rats looks around for the potential threat. As Naneryn looks around, no one sees the foe as a small, dark green goblin covered in various alchemical alterations comes out of invisibility assualting Telos. Speaking all languages at once, somehow, you hear a raspy voice. You are not the faithful of Zog. You shall not taste the waters of our new master!

With a fanatical and angry look in his eyes, the goblin cleaves through Telos. DC 17 Local or Arcana to identify what this creature is.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 vs flat footed!
Bad rolling from the GM! Boo!

Round 2
@ Pietro
@ Roran
Alchemical Goblin
@ Seward
@ Naneryn (-2 lethal)
@ Telos
Rats

@Party is up.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Arcana, DC17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Gah! Back! Mutant goblin?

5' step

He steps back and releases a wave of electricity at the... thing.

Cast electrical hands, standard action, Reflex DC15 for half
electricity damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Once the electricity dies down, Roran will step up and take a swing at the goblin.

long sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward fires a pair of shots at the creature.

Zog sucks.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

You are not the faithful of Zog. You shall not taste the waters of our new master!

"No! We are the faithful of Cayden as you put it. And as his witnesses we have come to your doorstep today to share his rich waters with you! Like it or not!"

mwk morningstar v red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 danger: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Say!" Pietro says in sudden realization. "You aren't what they call a 'micro-brewer' by any chance are you?"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

know local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Why that is the ugliest XYZ that I've ever seen!" exclaims the smelly elf. He also reveals some of its immunities, weaknesses, and special attacks.

With a grossed-out expression, he draws another arrow and lets it fly into the melee. But he was being too careful not to hit the healer and missed.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So i have a problem, because everyone waits for Telos to take his action before everyone else can make theirs because of Burning Hands. So, i will change people's positions, accordingly...how do you think we can avoid this in the future?

...
You fools. You will pay for your insolence! he spits in Rorans face as he turns invisible before his very eyes. Lost for a second, the impact of the goblin's weapons finds the paladin.

Battlaxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 -- vs flatfooted
I got the dudes to hit modifier wrong last turn...

Everyone waits for Telos to take an action before moving up. Arcane magic soars from his fingers in surge of light which zaps the goblin.
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Roran and Pietro charge into melee, hoping to graze the target. While Roran cannot find the weight of his weapon comfy in his hand, he leaves an opening for Pietro to swing a blow into the creature.

Naneryn's shots miss from behind, and only one of Sewards arrows find their target. Naneryn, however, knows that this is an alchemically enchanced goblin. He seems to possess the ability to go invisible, and from what you've seen, rage with a smart inteligence about him. However, there is another strange vial on his head, the green one, which you think grants him healing powers. You think he is very buff and probably a named NPC in this adventure. His starsign is Libra.

Round 3
Alchemical Goblin (-17 lethal)
@ Telos
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-16 lethal)
@ Seward
@ Naneryn (-2 lethal)

@Party is up.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

As the invisible axe blade bites into our paladin, Naneryn has flashbacks to when the bugs jumped him. Immensely relieved to see him still standing, Naneryn changes tactics. Briefly closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to focus himself, he calls upon his newly learned talents.Quickly, he pulls his hand through his hair, rubs his greasy fingers together, and then points toward the goblin.

Cast grease DC15 on the goblin's battle axe
Arcane spell failure <10: 1d100 ⇒ 62

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hey, hey! I had it under control. Don't get in my way!

He steps out from behind Pietro...

5' step south

And throws out his arm at the alchemical goblin...

Watch out on your right Pietro! It'll singe your beard!

elemental ray attack, point-blank shot, precise shot vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward sidesteps to get a cleaner shot and starts aiming for random alchemical bits and bobs.

Please dont explode

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So tell me if I am doing cover all wrong, but from there Telos would have cover between him and the goblin. So, the way it works is you pick a corner of the square and draw a line to each of the four corners of the enemies square. All have to be clear?

Telos's arcane ray misses, but only slightly as it bounces off the crystal vials on the goblins head. Naneryn reactively sees the true threat here, and cast's a spell on the creature. His hands get slippery...
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 -- to hold onto battlaxe

Seward finds an opening as the goblin is too focused on holding his weapon to do some damage to the creature. He finds his target, but the goblin looks even more furious at the small elf at the back of the group, who manages to hold onto his weapon.

Round 3
Alchemical Goblin (-27 lethal)
Telos
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-16 lethal)
Seward
Naneryn (-2 lethal)

@ Pietro and Roran to go.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Oh dear. That goblin is going to turn me into alchemical goo and pour me into a vial. I knew I should have stolen that invisibility book. Too late now. I hope Pietro doesn't get confused and try to drink me." The smelly elf drones on in the background while the true battle rages before him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
So tell me if I am doing cover all wrong, but from there Telos would have cover between him and the goblin. So, the way it works is you pick a corner of the square and draw a line to each of the four corners of the enemies square. All have to be clear?

Pretty much. Though depending on the scale of tables in the room (are they goblin-sized or made by humans?) he would get some cover from those as well. Which I should now mention works both ways so when Pietro moves around the table he probably has cover from AoOs.

"Aha!"

mwk morningstar v red (flank): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 danger: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Doh!"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Don't worry about the terrain up here, the wooden tables/cues do not impede movement. They are basically just debris at this point...

The cleric moves over to flank with his ally, but the goblin is too swift for him, even in his bulked up state.

Botting Roran.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The goblin retaliates, with an angree focus on his eyes strained at the archer in the corner. He avoids the blows from the flanking martials, in time for him to turn invisible again. In a blink of an eye, he reapears right next to Seward, a visious look on his eyes, his weapon in Sewards gut. In the pain of the moment, everyone realises that the goblins wounds are slowly healing up. Grrrrrrr, you will not make it out alive. Archer.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Round 4
Alchemical Goblin (-36 +2 lethal)
@ Telos
@ Pietro
@ Roran (-16 lethal)
@ Seward (-15 lethal)
@ Naneryn (-2 lethal)

@ The party may act.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward shifts while taking a hand from his bow, that hand now wielding his trusty length of wood, Good Wood and clubs his foe.

Mwk Club, Defensively (add 3 to AC): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 31d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 7/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos stands back in his corner, waiting for the cluster of bodies engaged in melee to rotate until the goblin is in plain view.

elemental ray attack, point-blank shot, precise shot vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Just when he thinks he has the shot, one of his teammates sways just into the path and he twitches at the last moment as the electrical bolt gets away from him.

Damn!

wow, 1's on two different dice in a turn... Anyway, this *might* be my last post before I'm away for the weekend.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I think the gob has to make a saving throw each time he uses the axe, since it is still greasy

Grease:

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.

Relieved that the goblin is looking at the *other* elf, the half-rogue pulls out his cold iron short sword and waits for the proper moment to strike. Hoping someone will flank with him

short sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (+2 more if flanking)
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (+backstab: 1d6 ⇒ 4 more if flank)

401 to 450 of 1,270 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.