...and for your sins... (Inactive)

Game Master Tin Foil Yamakah

A game for evil players to save the world their asses
MAP

EACH SQUARE IS 10'


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,159 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk drinks another of potion and heads down the corridor. When he reaches the corner, he listens first, and then peers around the corner if he doesn't hear anything suspicious.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


I Eat Cannibals

The 40. long corridor ends at a wooden door.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon follows about ten feet behind Taruk.

"This place was built by a madman. " he observes quietly


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk continues down the corridor carefully watching for traps. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

When he arrives at the wooden door, he gives it a once over and then presses his ear against the door trying to listen if anything is on the other side. perception at door: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: You find no traps in the hall and upon arriving at the door and listening. You hear nothing on the other side.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

After listening for a very long time and hearing nothing, Ta'ruk tries to open the door.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: The door opens revealing a chamber that was clearly once a lab or workshop of some kind. Shelves line the walls covered in dusty jars an unidentifiable alchemical tools. Against one wall is a large desk with a pair of chairs. in addition there are two large workbenches covered in dusty tools and a pair of large stone slabs littered with linen wrappings skulls and bone fragments. 3 large vats or cauldrons apparently made from heavy clay each about 7 foot wide and 4 foot tall.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron's attention is now less divided than usual. He strides in, led by one of his cubes for the sake of trap-springing and floor-sweeping, and takes stock of the laboratory.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Add +4 in the event of a find of "singular quality."
Craft (Alchemy) to identify things: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

He does find the array to be rather a lot to take in, however.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: This lab is full of ancient but mundane tools, alchemical gear and embalming ingredients. The 3 vats appear to contain cloudy, foul-smelling water.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Following along behind the mage and the mad scientist, Jeneva allows them to browse the contents of the chamber, keeping her sword in hand and her eyes on the surroundings, expecting an attack or trap at any moment. After the incidents with the chests, she's in no mood to let her guard down, no matter how innocent the environs may seem.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn
DMTFY wrote:
The 3 vats appear to contain cloudy, foul-smelling water.

Is water really all it is, or could it bear further scrutiny?

"A mummification laboratory!" Skiron says with palpable enthusiasm as he snaps to the realization.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon curls his nose up at the entire situation.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk heads to the desk and begins rummaging around for the book they're seeking. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: Would you like to investigate the water more closely, If so which one?

Ta'ruk: The desk has some more of the mundane alchemical tools on it, however no book is present.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron fishes out a tiny metallic-brown tablet and puts it in his mouth, making a few surprisingly loud snapping sounds as he consumes it.

That was a heightened awareness infusion.

He then goes to investigate the blue-hued barrel, his cube minions crowding close around him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The fumes are starting to get to him, however; it's been quite some time since he's worked with some of these substances.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: Even with that perception check, you realize all is not right with this barrel as a large grey blob flies out of the barrel.

This creature is right in your wheelhouse so you know it is a black pudding. I will roll init when I get to work this am


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Ta'ruk Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Simon Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Jeneva Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Puddin Init: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (1) - 5 = -4

All of you may act before the pudding.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Gelatinous Cubes initiative: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2

"Oh, bother - stay your weapons!" Skiron says as he retreats from the pudding and bids his own nightmare oozes clean up the mess.

Skiron withdraws. Then....

Ooze On First?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
slam/acid/electrical damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (6) + (5) = 17

What Is This?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
slam/acid/electrical damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5) + (6) = 17

I Don't Know, But...: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
slam/acid/electrical damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5) + (1) = 12

Floam Run!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
slam/acid/electrical damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5) + (3) = 14

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva holds her position, figuring the man who has oozes at his command would know better how to fight the blasted thing than she at this time.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon acquiescences to Skirons request.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk also heeds Skiron's advice and steps back out of the reach of the ooze. He enjoys watching Skiron's blobs obliterate the unsuspecting pudding. He readies a burning hand spell in case the pudding breaks free.


I Eat Cannibals

In light of the inevitable outcome, you have oblterated the puddin and lost 2 cubes in the process, sound good?

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron appraises the results with satisfaction. "Life in its purest form...."

He then moves, flanked by the remaining cubes, to investigate the next vat over.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: After the pudding is dispatched you notice at the bottom of the vat is half of a golden key,

Alchemy + Unique: 1d20 + 21 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 4 = 26

This barrel contains a slow acting acid that takes effect one round after exposure to a substantial amount of flesh.(2d4 damage). Although slight exposure causes merely an uncomfortable itch.

This acid is particularly effective against objects and ignores hardness and does full damage(rather than half) to even magical objects.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron rolls up his sleeve and reaches into the vat with one hand, while withdrawing his Goblet of Quenching with the other. He fishes out the key and quickly washes off the acid using the goblet.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron:The key was in the urn that contained the black pudding, sorry should have explained that better

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron proceeds to the next vat over after fishing the key out of the last.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: The last vat is filled with regular scummy cloudy water.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

What about the second one?


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: The blue barrel had the black pudding and half of the golden key. the green barrel had the special acid. The pinkbarrel is filled with scummy cloudy water.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ok, I am curious about the special acid. If it is effective against objects, how is the barrel containing it? I'm asking not because I am being argumentative, but because if it can only eat through certain types of material, than I am wondering if Ta'ruk can find some empty bottles or vials that he can collect some acid for later. This could be some very handy stuff.

"Skiron, do you think the barrel with the acid is made of some special material that can resist the acid? Maybe we can take some in an empty bottle, flask or vial hanging around in this room?" Ta'ruk begins rummaging around for empty containers for the acid.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

"NOOOO, they opted for a temporal stasis field to line the interior of the barrel, just for the sake of decadence."

Finding Ta'ruk's ability to navigate a laboratory to be lacking, Skiron looks for appropriate beakers and bottles himself.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk:That is a good question...and since the module has no answer for it. I am assuming that the acid can not eat through clay. The urns are made of clay and contained not only the acid but a black pudding as well

Skiron: You will be able to locate an appropriate container(s) for the acid.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron hands the containers he's found to Ta'ruk.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

What else looks interesting in here?


I Eat Cannibals

I am going to assume you do a thorough search. You find the second half of the gold key at the bottom of the scummy water and a secret door in the southwest part of the room.

I have marked it on the map


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk carefully takes two of the clay containers and dips them into the vat of acid. He takes some of the scummy water and washes off the outside of the clay containers and seals them. He then carefully places them into his bag.

"These may come in handy." With the discovery of the secret door, Ta'ruk joins the others. "Let's move on." He does a quick check for traps as best as he can and satisfying himself it is clear, he tries to open the door.

perception for traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron scoffs at Ta'ruk's ineptitude.

"The fool's never seen a laboratory in his life..." He says to (seemingly) nobody.

"...he would, wouldn't he?" He replies a moment later.

Perception for traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon watches the alchemists. His magic has always come naturally. Seeing someone actually work for their power is still a strange thing for him.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: You have 2 vials of the special acid and you are absolutely positive that there are no traps on the door

Skiron: You detect no traps on the door

The door is not locked and opens revealing a short hall

I have adjusted the map for you


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Oblivious to Skiron's muttering, Ta'ruk presses forward. He carefully proceeds down the hall trying to hear anything unusual. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Seeing Ta'ruk moving to depart, Jeneva follows suit, likewise turning an ear and an eye toward the path ahead and around.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk/Jeneva: The hall turns south, a set of stairs leads downward. Neither of you see or hear anything out of the ordinary.

I moved Jeneva right behind Ta'ruk and adjusted the map


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Double checked Ta'ruk's hp: he is at 72/90. Corrected here and on the map.

"Sounds quiet so far. Let's keep moving." says Ta'ruk to Jeneva. He begins to head down the stairs. Without much hope, he tries to tread lightly on the steps. stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

When he reaches the bottom, he peers around the corner. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: You quietly descend the stairs ans see a 140' unadorned hallway heading east.

Unfortunately this map has some things on it that are not meant to be seen....yet


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk motions Jeneva to join him. When she arrives, he whispers. "Another long hallway. We better wait here until the others catch up. I don't think it's safe to get too separated"

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva nods and takes up a position a little behind Ta'ruk, allowing her to quickly move to his aid if needed, while also being able to see the way back to where Simon and Skiron are still puttering around in the lab.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon moves behind Geneva

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron moves abreast of Simon, and his remaining minions accompany Jeneva and Ta'ruk.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: Noted

You all are at the corner looking down the 140' corridor heading east.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,159 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ...and for your sins... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.