...and for your sins... (Inactive)

Game Master Tin Foil Yamakah

A game for evil players to save the world their asses
MAP

EACH SQUARE IS 10'


901 to 950 of 1,159 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

I Eat Cannibals

Jeneva: As the stone passes through the demons mouth, You do not feel the weight of the stone. It feels like you are holding limp rope.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

She pulls back, expecting at best a frayed and shortened rope.


I Eat Cannibals

Jeneva: The rope appears to be cleanly cut right where the rope and the demon mouth portal came into contact.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

That's what I feared. Cael eu wyt hyd llwch, it seems. Ah well.

She rolls up the remainder of the rope and follows the main path back to whichever of her companions she runs into first.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon watches Jenevas actions academically.

When the rope comes out cut he says,

"Well, at least we confirmed it's a bad idea. "

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"Indeed. And that we need not waste time here waiting on the little madman's return. Shall we see what the others have found in the meanwhile?"


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
Jeneva wrote:
"Indeed. And that we need not waste time here waiting on the little madman's return. Shall we see what the others have found in the meanwhile?"

'Sounds prudent. "

Simon gives an "after you" motion to Geneva then follows her.


I Eat Cannibals

I have moved you crazy kids over to the hall. BTW congrats are in order for the survivors, you have survived one of the most iconic traps ever devised.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk emerges from the second crawlspace just as Simon and Jeneva arrive. "No sign of Ravens I gather. Well, we can't waste any more time on him. Let's get this book and move on. Skiron and I have found some interesting things while we were exploring. There is a secret door down this crawlspace that I just came from. I haven't opened the door yet. Also we found a statue of gargoyle down that crawlspace in the corner. Simon, do you still have that collar you took off the first gargoyle we faced? The stones embedded in the collar may come in handy if we need to get past the statue. It has impressions on its hands that are dead ringers for those blue stones. So what will it be, investigate the statue or the secret door? My vote is statue first. Who knows how far things go after the secret door.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"The statue seems the most... direct puzzle to be solved, yes," Jeneva observes. "Might as well begin with the more straightforward."

She holds up the neatly-clipped end of the rope. "I do not expect we shall be seeing anything of Ravens again, it appears, nor of any trouble from the other side of that beastly maw. I suggest we avoid similar apertures in the future, lest they be likewise voracious."


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"Hmmm, prudent advice Jeneva regarding mysterious openings. Maybe our earlier experience lulled us into a false sense of security. On the other hand, Ravens did seem to attract his own amount of trouble between the guards at the beginning of this journey and that first gargoyle. Let's check out that statue. Simon, do you have the collar?"

Ta'ruk leads the others through the corner crawlspace and to the statue.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon checks his gear and hands over the collar if he's got it.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"Thank you Simon." Ta'ruk takes the collar. He pulls off 4 stones and places them into the depressions on the statue's hands including the broken one on the floor. He takes a step back to watch what happens.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva follows and draws her sword, just in case.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: The statue crushes the 3 stones that were placed in the hands of the 3 arms that are attached to the statue, The arm on the ground does not crush the gem.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Does it look like the arm on the ground ought to be attached to the statue?


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: Sorry it took so long for me to get back.

The broken arm and the statue are made of the same stone and the two fit almost perfectly together they are in fact not broken at all. Instead they were both carved separately to resemble two parts of a whole(thus any repair magic fails to function because the two are completely intact already)

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

What else is in the room?


I Eat Cannibals

Just the gargoyle statue and the arm lying on the ground.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk watches the statue's hands crush the stones. "Hmmm. Now we have blue stone dust. That might come in handy." He approaches the statue and tries to scrape the dust off the floor and puts the dust into his belt pouch. "Unless you want to see more stones get crushed, let's go check out the secret door I found in the other crawlspace." Taruk heads out of the room and back to the main hall. He then enters the other crawlspace to check out the secret door.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: You are now the proud owner of 3 gems worth of blue dust. Do you take the intact gem that is in the hand on the ground?


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

As an afterthought, Ta'ruk bends down and picks up the gem in the remaining hand.

This is probably a bad idea.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: You grab the remaining gem which leaves you with 7 on the collar.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk (with his 3 gems worth of dust and 1 intact gem) returns to the secret door down the other crawlspace. He tries the door to see if it is locked.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: the door is unlocked


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"The door's open." calls back Ta'ruk to the others. He then slowly opens the door and looks through.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"Excellent," Jeneva replies, following the sorcerer to the formerly-sealed passageway. She takes up position behind him, weapon still in hand and prepared for an attack or trap.


I Eat Cannibals

This 30'x 30'room has 3 features of note: 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 wood large chests.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron glances sideways at the collar.

Look high and low for gold, to hear a tale untold....

Without touching it, Skiron takes a careful look at and around the golden chest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Add +4 to notice "unique or unusual items," should there be any.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: The gold chest as well as the 2 others are 4' long, 2' long and 3' tall and are firmly affixed to the floor and cannot be removed without breaking the chests apart.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron bids one of his remaining Seugathi open the golden chest. Assuming it's been fewer than 9 minutes since summoning - if not, tell me and I'll summon something else to do it.


I Eat Cannibals

It has been more than 9 minutes, so tell me what "thing from beyond" you summon.

I am truly enjoying these monsters you are summoning, they are so full of flavor

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

I hate that term - anyways, I summon let's see here: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Fiendish Lunar Naga with the Increased Dexterity and Increased Constitution Evolutions.

Skiron reaches into his satchel and pulls out a tin flask with the word "Nuts" painted on it in delicate script. He holds it at arm's length before pulling off the metal lid. Suddenly, a huge black shape leaps out and lands between he and the golden chest. It rises up, revealing itself to be an ophidian being with the head of a beautiful humanoid woman, all seeming to be formed of black mercury. It momentarily stares at Skiron before dutifully pivoting about and opening the golden chest with the tip of its tail.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: As the Naga opens the chest A swarm of snakes erupts Good choice with the summoning

Ta'ruk: Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Jeneva: Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Skiron: Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Naga: Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Swarm: Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Order

Ta'ruk
Jeneva
Swarm
Skiron
Naga

Those in bold may go


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

can't see the map today at work so hopefully Ta'ruk is in a position to use this spell against the swarm. He is using a metamagic feat so it's a full round action and thus can't reposition.

Ta'ruk says an incantation and a 15 foot cone of fire envelopes the swarm of snakes. intensified burning hands fire damage: 9d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1) = 18


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: I will move you within 15'

Swarm Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18...Your DC is 15 yes, if so the swarm takes 14

Jeneva is up

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Blade in hand, the dancer swings, cleaving through the mass of serpents and sweeping severed sections of the horde away.

Jeneva wears a Swarmbane Clasp, allowing her to damage swarms with melee weapons.

If she's close enough to attack freely or five-foot step, she'll make a second attack. Can't see the map from work sadly.


I Eat Cannibals

Jeneva: You do indeed hit, although your attack does nor deal as much damage as you would would expect. They take 50% damage from piercing/slashing. I have moved you so next rd you can full attack.

1d3 ⇒ 3

The swarm does not like being hacked at so attacks Jeneva for 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Fort Save DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21...The poison of the bites have no effect on you.

Skiron and Naga are up

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron takes a few steps back and drinks from a bottle of what looks like bubbling lager, he begins to take on what would be described as a healthy glow.

I drink a bear's endurance infusion.

The nightmare naga begins to hiss and dance in a transfixing pattern while emitting an eerie glow.

All creatures within 30 feet of the naga must make a DC 17 Will save or be fascinated for as long as it concentrates.

As it does so, it slithers to the far side of the swarm and the room.

Fascinated creatures must follow it.


I Eat Cannibals

Jeneva Will DC17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Ta'ruk Will DC17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Skiron Will DC17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Swarm Will DC17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Ok so Jeneva, Ta'ruk and Skiron Will follow the Naga towards the corner.

Fascination Effect

Ta'ruk and Jeneva are up

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Pfffahahahahah. It figures.

Drawn by the serpent's allure, the dancer attempts to join in the display. When her turn comes, anyway.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Jeneva: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The swarm attacks 1d3 ⇒ 1 Ta'ruk for 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 pts

Ta'ruk fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Ta'ruk is not poisoned or fascinated
Jeneva is not fascinated
Skiron: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Skiron is not fascinated

Skiron and Naga are up

Well that could have gone alot worse

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron irritably sends the naga back whence it came.

Trouble is, it's very little good against swarms other than that trick. By the way, what kind of action is dismissing a spell? I'm not sure whether I can summon something else this turn or not. If I can (or next turn if not), I summon How many?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Fiendish gelatinous cubes with the Increased Strength and Energy Attacks (Electricity) Evolutions.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk and Jeneva are up


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk unleashes another burst of fire at the swarm. burning hands (DC 15) reflex save: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 2, 3) = 11

I assume that Ta'ruk following the Naga is a move action, so he can't use his intensify metamagic feat this round.


I Eat Cannibals
Ta'ruk wrote:

Ta'ruk unleashes another burst of fire at the swarm. burning hands (DC 15) reflex save: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 1, 3) = 10

I assume that Ta'ruk following the Naga is a move action, so he can't use his intensify metamagic feat this round.

This is rd 3 so you are good to go

9d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3, 4) = 26x 1.5=39

Ref Save DC15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The swarms saves but still takes a decent amount of damage

Jeneva is up

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Since edged weapons don't seem to be doing the trick, she drops her blade and draws its wooden twin before moving back toward the swarm to attempt to finish the task at hand.

Drop nodachi, draw quarterstaff and move, attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


I Eat Cannibals

Close Jeneva Close, It has 6hp left =(

1d3 ⇒ 1

What is left of the swarm attacks Ta'ruk for 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Fort save DC20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Ta'ruk is poisoned, he takes 1d4 ⇒ 3 3 pts of con damage.

Skiron is up

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Curses for not having Power Attack!

901 to 950 of 1,159 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ...and for your sins... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.