...and for your sins... (Inactive)

Game Master Tin Foil Yamakah

A game for evil players to save the world their asses
MAP

EACH SQUARE IS 10'


651 to 700 of 1,159 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk looks down the hallway and is about to step forward when he says, "Simon, I don't see any traps but can you come check just in case? Behind just about every doorway in this forsaken dungeon is a trap, I can't see why this one wouldn't have one."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon obliges and comes up to search

Perception 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40


I Eat Cannibals

Simon. You spot the pit trap easily.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon hums to himself slightly as he shifts a small rock to reveal a portion of mechanical pieces. Tools still in hand he begins to poke and prod with various odd shaped tools. He hums low as he goes about his work.

Dis Dev 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


I Eat Cannibals

Simon You easily disable the pit trap.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:
Simon You easily disable the pit trap.

*click* *Click*

Simon makes a mocking little bow then makes a very proper "after you" motion as he smirks.


I Eat Cannibals

I can always count on you Simon to be a true gentleman


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens smiles as Simons paves the way for him. He goes to open the next door.

"Thanks," Ravens nods dryly.

HP: 75/75

Spell Effects:

Gr. Longstrider = 9 hours
Magic Vestment = 9 hours
Wand of CMW (37/50 left)


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:
I can always count on you Simon to be a true gentleman

Simon's happy to feign subservience as long as he's not the one going first. ;-)


I Eat Cannibals

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Ravens This door also is very easy to tear down, in front of you you notice another pit trap...surprise


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Ravens This door also is very easy to tear down, in front of you you notice another pit trap...surprise

Knowing it's coming Simon steps up to disable the trap.

Dis Dev 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


I Eat Cannibals

Simon: This one was tricky...but you just manage to shut it down.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:
Simon: This one was tricky...but you just manage to shut it down.

*Click**Click*

"There you go."


Male Human (Varisian)

Sorry, not-sorry. I'm stopping pushing for a while. It's getting ridiculous. Either we all take some risk or we don't.

Ravens scratches his ass, looking about.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"This is going remarkably smoothly, excellent work gentlemen," Jeneva observes, after three traps in a row are easily spotted and disarmed before more shenanigans occur. She follows along, remaining at the rear and keeping an eye out behind them as the group progresses.

Perhaps a little too smoothly, she thinks, her pleased expression falling just slightly. Careful lest we become complacent, I shouldn't be surprised if such a simple pattern of procedure were intentional to lull us into a false sense of security before at the last dropping the axe whilst we are unawares.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
Ravens the Birdmaster wrote:

Sorry, not-sorry. I'm stopping pushing for a while. It's getting ridiculous. Either we all take some risk or we don't.

Ravens scratches his ass, looking about.

Chuckling to himself Simon steps past Ravens and proceeds forward while looking for more traps.

Moved myself not he map, though if possible I'll move all the way to the door. Assuming no more traps or what not.

Simon examines the long hallway in front of him.

"This looks like a kill box." Simon thinks to himself.


I Eat Cannibals

Simon; You can make it easily to the door at the end of the hallway

The doorway at the end of this long haul is bound with iron and several locks. Listening at the door you hear faint music and the sound of distant laughter. The door itself is not designed to open the locks or simply lumps of unmoving metal and the hinges are solid cast metal.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"Well, isn't that ominous." The dancer scowls, sweeping her gaze over the chamber with a distrusting eye. "I think it of ill portent that anyone down here shows mirth, inevitably at our expense no doubt."


I Eat Cannibals

I have moved Simon and Jeneva to the door on the map


Male Human (Varisian)

What is the door made of?

Ravens examines the door.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 Perception


I Eat Cannibals

Ravens: The door is made of what looks to be solid oak.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk joins the others looking at the door.

So the door is made of oak and iron. I don't understand this sentence: The door itself is not designed to open the locks or simply lumps of unmoving metal... The locks are not part of the door? I'll do a perception check to determine if the door is actually locked.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Well that worked out great.


I Eat Cannibals
Ta'ruk wrote:

Ta'ruk joins the others looking at the door.

So the door is made of oak and iron. I don't understand this sentence: The door itself is not designed to open the locks or simply lumps of unmoving metal... The locks are not part of the door? I'll do a perception check to determine if the door is actually locked.

[dice=perception]1d20+4

Well that worked out great.

That is a little strange isn't it. The way I envision it is a big oaken wood door bound in iron with locks and hasps all up and down the right side,

all the metal melted together along with the door hinges along the left side

In other words it cannot open even if there were no locks on it.

Make sense?


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

So the locks and other metal stuff is melted on a wooden door evocatively barring it, right?

Simon closely examines the door to see if there's anything hidden about it. (traps, a way to open it, secret compartments, etc)
Perception 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:
So the locks and other metal stuff is melted on a wooden door evocatively barring it, right?

probably not my greatest description but yes

Quote:

Simon closely examines the door to see if there's anything hidden about it. (traps, a way to open it, secret compartments, etc)

Perception 1d20+23

Simon there is one way and one way only through this door and that is to destroy it.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"Finally, a device I'm capable of disabling," says Ta'ruk as he pulls out a wand. He casts enlarge person on himself. He grasps his Lucerne hammer and takes a mighty swing at the door,.

power attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22, damage: 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) + 20 = 31


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens, just a bit surprised, takes a few steps back as Ta'ruk proves his use.

"Good for you."


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: It takes a few swings but you annihilate the door. As you demolish the door you hear the sounds of frightened voices and there is a faint light far to the north.

The walls of the hallway beyond the door are white alabaster and the floor is perfectly smooth grey marble.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

"Ah, the civilized section."

How long has it been since I summoned the Seugathi? Is the remaining one still with us?


I Eat Cannibals
Skiron wrote:

"Ah, the civilized section."

How long has it been since I summoned the Seugathi? Is the remaining one still with us?

5 minutes or so

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

"It certainly has efficiency going for it," the dancer observes, nodding approval at the enlarged warrior. "Shall we proceed, then? It seems the mirth beyond has given way to fear, for the time being at least."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon cautiously moves forward while keeping an eye out for traps.

Perception 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33


I Eat Cannibals

Simon: reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
As you reach the point in the hallway you are located the north end of the hall begins to sink as if you are on a large balance beam.

However with your quick reflexes, you are able to recover and move to a safe location...for now


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:

Simon: [dice=reflex]1d20+10

As you reach the point in the hallway you are located the north end of the hall begins to sink as if you are on a large balance beam.

However with your quick reflexes, you are able to recover and move to a safe location...for now

Did the whole hallway just move as if it were held up by a pin in the middle? In other words one side sinks while the other rises.

"Well, that's interesting. "


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:


Did the whole hallway just move as if it were held up by a pin in the middle? In other words one side sinks while the other rises.

"Well, that's interesting. "

Yes it did, that point about 30' out would be the fulcrum.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:
Simon Demarkus wrote:


Did the whole hallway just move as if it were held up by a pin in the middle? In other words one side sinks while the other rises.

"Well, that's interesting. "

Yes it did, that point about 30' out would be the fulcrum.

"Anyone think they're nimble enough to get to the other side and wedge it down so we could do the same on this side?"


I Eat Cannibals

Everyone: Just so you know the hallway on the map continues for quite a bit further than what is pictured, however, the map I have has some stuff on it that should not be seen by players


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk watches the floor begin to tilt. "I can use my increased strength from my larger size to try to counterbalance the floor on this end. Then Simon or someone else can go to the other side to drive wedges in to lock the floor in place. We can use what is left of door as the wedges.

Ta'ruk stands at the edge of the hallway, wand in hand to extend his enlarge person spell.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens moves up and stands by the door.

"You want a rope? This looks dodgy, at best," Ravens asks, pulling out some silken rope from his 'sack. There are blood stains in several sections of the rope.

"I can hold you if you'd like," Ravens offers, totally happily.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Bluff

Sense Motive > 14:

Ravens doesn't really care if you want the rope or not, he just wants to seem like he's helping.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron bids his nightmarish companion make its way to Ta'ruk's side while he stays on the near side, and if possible, to read whatever minds lie beyond.

Recall that Seugathi have 100 feet of telepathy and the capacity to detect thoughts at will.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

"Ta'Ruk, Hold the floor please. I can probably get to the other side. Anyone that can help Ta'Ruk please do so."

Simon gathers up some of the choice pieces of wood to use as wedges on the other side and places a few near this side as well.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"The rope is a good idea."

Simon takes the rope and winds it loosely in a pile near this edge of the pit so that he has plenty of slack to run across with it.

"Here goes nothing."

Simon attempts to run across the levered floor. He holds one end of the rope for security, but can easily let go if it gets caught up on anything. The wedges he'll use are strapped to his belt with a bit of extra chord. Once he gets past the pivot he should be fine since his companion(s) will be holding the other side.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

I haven't moved simon because the space is blacked out.


I Eat Cannibals

Ok so I have Ta'ruk standing at the southern edge attempting to counterbalance,

Ravens is tossing some bloodstained silken rope to Simon to help

Skiron: Besides your compatriots you do not detect any thoughts.

Simon: As you reach the "Fulcrum" The floor begins tilting, since you have a rope. You are able to balance yourself It is a DC10 acro check but it looks like you have that handled As the floor tilts down about 30' in front of you you see an ominous orange glow and feel heat emanating

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva moves up to aid Ta'ruk in balancing the floor, as well as to take his place when/if he decides to cross.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon looks at the ominous whatever-it-is below. "That can't be good." he thinks to himself.

Once everyone is in place Simon shifts his weight back toward his companions momentarily then lunges quickly across the pivot. Hopefully his companion counter balancing the far end will prevent it from sliding in long enough for him to get back to solid ground.

Acrobatic 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

If he succeeds at crossing he'll wedge the far side with the wood shims he brought with him.

If he falls, he'll hold onto the rope for dear life and hope his companions anchor the other end.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens holds the rope, totally not considering 'accidentally' letting go when Simon is in a precarious spot, allowing him to fall into whatever burns below. No, Ravens would never 'accidentally' fail to hold the rope and let his 'friend' fall.

No, not Ravens. Ravens would never 'accidentally' murder anyone.


I Eat Cannibals

Simon You're in good hands with Ravens, sorry could'nt resist

As you move forward you will realize that the hallway for the most part is illusionary and is covering up a river of lava. (See map)Also known as death no save.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

So after this Pivot there's no floor, just lava death, right?

"Oh S#@+!"

Simon says as he makes his way back to his companions.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:
So after this Pivot there's no floor, just lava death, right?

Yep

Quote:

"Oh S#~!!"

Simon says as he makes his way back to his companions.

Acrobatics 1d20+12

With your awesome acrobatics you will make to back to safety without taking a swim in lava.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Nota Bene: I'm doing the following based on the understanding that there IS a visible safe ground on the other side of the lava pit. If I misunderstand in that regard, then kindly disregard this post.

Finding no other minds to read, Skiron's minion alerts him to Simon's discovery.

After a moment of healthy(?) laughter at this devious trick, the Seugathi vanishes, and Skiron walks over to the wall, whispering something terrible into it as though there were something to listen.

Apparently there is, as the wall suddenly bulges out slightly in the shape of an enormous manta ray, vaguely but not wholly the same hue as the wall. The thing suddenly leaps from the wall, engulfs Skiron, then flies across the room, over the lava pit, and deposits him on the other side.

I dismiss the Seugathi and summon a Fiendish Lurker Above with +2 Strength and Dexterity! TA-DAAA!

Skiron straightens his clothing and stares at the others as the great thing floats to the other side, waiting for its next passenger.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Following Skiron's lead, Ta'ruk climbs aboard the Lurker Above and rides the creature across the lava to join Skiron.

651 to 700 of 1,159 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ...and for your sins... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.