...and for your sins... (Inactive)

Game Master Tin Foil Yamakah

A game for evil players to save the world their asses
MAP

EACH SQUARE IS 10'


551 to 600 of 1,159 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

"Maybe we should spend less time in enclosed spaces with sociopaths. Just saying." Molly "whispers" to Simon.


I Eat Cannibals

The chamber beyond the secret door is a temple of some kind. 4 rows of wooden pews flank a path of red mosaic tiles that leads from the doorway up to a large altar(indicated by the rectangle with an "A" inside on the map) of opalescent blue stone flanked by a pair of lit candelabra(indicated by the 2 letter "c"'s on the map). The walls are decorated with scenes of everyday life but the people have rotting flesh, worms falling from their mouths and eyes and bones jutting from the flesh.Despite this the holy symbols that deck the temple are those of benevolent deities.

Behind the altar is a well made wooden chair,other than the altar their are 2 urns with brass and wood stoppers in the southern corners(indicated by the "u" on the map) and a skeleton in rusted black chainmail stretched on the floor with one arm reaching towards a glowing archway on the west wall.(indicated by the letters "MA" on the map) The archway is filled with vapors.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron emerges from the crawlspace and takes in the scene. "Exquisite!" He says with childlike wonder.

Any Knowledge checks this room might and its contents might provoke?


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk rapidly crawls through the crawlspace and enters the temple. He steps past Ravens and surveys the room. He stares at the skeleton and the swirling vapors. "Well, not too hard to figure out what happened to that fellow.

He carefully moves further into the room. Keeping an eye out for any threats. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15. When he is within 45 feet of the skeleton, he casts mage hand and pokes at the skeleton to see if falls apart.


Male Human (Varisian)

See? Ravens totally evil! He totally was rude and pushy and didn't care if it was trapped! Evil!

Ravens enters, following along the wall, ecstatic to be out of the piddlespotting crawlspace.

"This place is a bit better than the last. Probably going to be safe here."


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: No knowledge check is needed Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Ta'ruk: You notice that the seats of the pews are hinged and can be easily opened. The skeleton does not fall apart but it also does not get up and attack so that's good...yes?


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens moves along the left wall, slowly looking through the pew for things of interest/danger.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Perception

"Ain't nothing here, right?"


I Eat Cannibals

Ravens.

Spoiler:
Upon opening pew 1 you discover 5000 gp


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk begins using his mage hand to lift up the seats of the pews beginning with the ones closest to him. He looks for anything inside or under the seats.


Male Human (Varisian)

"There's nothing here," Ravens says, looking in the pews.

Sense Motive > 14:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Bluff

There is totally something there.

Ravens looks about, looking for more things of interest.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Perception


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Of course not," replies Ta'ruk. "Why would this room be any different than the others? I'm sure anything of value has long been picked over."


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk:

Spoiler:
You find 4000 gp in pew 2

Ravens: You see nothing extra from how the room was described earlier

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Skiron is preoccupied with the lovely wall frescoes - of course Ravens doesn't think there's anything here. Such a commoner, that one.

His eye turns to other parts of the room as well, scanning the third pew in particular.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Sense motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"Ravens." Simon says in a knowing tone while leaning against his cane. "Teamwork, remember. "


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron. Well the third pew is hinged like the other ones, other than that it looks like the others.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens waits to see what others do in the room.

He scratches his nether regions like he just don't care.

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Traps and puzzles are not the dancer's forte, by a large margin. Perhaps ironic for a servant of the fair folk, but nonetheless a fact. Most of this is simply because of her nature and physique - more often than not, she has generally been able to brute-force her way through problems in the past, or been partnered with an ally or fellow subordinate to her masters and mistresses who was more intellectually inclined. By no means imbecilic, she nevertheless is more straight-forward-thinking.

Thus, she has remained mostly uninvolved in the pursuits of the various riddles and rhymes the tomb has had waiting for would-be plunderers and intruders. Which for the most part appears to have turned for the best, as Ravens and Simon, with occasional aid from her fellow suli, appear to have things well in hand.

Instead, she has kept her gaze outward, weapon in hand and eyes and ears open. Though battles have been few, every one of them thus far has been against a creature far more deadly than most things she had ever encountered prior to her incarceration. She is well aware that when - not if - the time comes for further hostilities, her place is at the front of the line of blood, not poking and prodding at puzzle pieces. So she remains at the rear of the group, warily observing for any sign of hostile forces, allowing the others to work uninterrupted.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Slowly and thoroughly examine the walls, floor, ceiling, etc. Detecting magic when I can and otherwise looking for traps or just anything interesting.

Percep 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37


I Eat Cannibals

Simon. I have moved you on the map

In the southeast corner of this chapel is a tiny slot the letter. A. Faintly traced above it examining the wall revealed that is actually a single block of separate stone however it is impossible to move by any means. The slot seems to be about the size of a ring.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
DMTFY wrote:

Simon. I have moved you on the map

In the southeast corner of this chapel is a tiny slot the letter. A. Faintly traced above it examining the wall revealed that is actually a single block of separate stone however it is impossible to move by any means. The slot seems to be about the size of a ring.

"Anyone see a ring with some sort of 'A' symbology on it?" He says pointing out the slot

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron peeks inside the pew while calling out:

"Ah, so it now comes to this. But what do you mean 'A' symbology?' Ay, ah, ae, ai, ih...and which alphabet?"


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
Skiron wrote:

Skiron peeks inside the pew while calling out:

"Ah, so it now comes to this. But what do you mean 'A' symbology?' Ay, ah, ae, ai, ih...and which alphabet?"

"As in the letter. "


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens walks up to examine the chair.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 Perception

If it looks safe (which it totally is, I'm sure), he will sit for a spell.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron:

Spoiler:
Inside pew 3 is 3000 gp

Ravens: The chair seems quite safe and is in fact quite comfortable well made but otherwise quite mundane


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens kicks back in the chair, rocking back and looking around, wondering what he is supposed to see when on sits up here other than a little church.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Perception

"Does this place make any sense to you? Why would there be a church room down here when there is no one here? Why was it built?"

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

"Oh, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not here...."

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva observes from the entrance, glancing back toward the investigative pair. "Likely a relic of old days, before this isle became the hell-pit it currently is," she muses. "Possibly this compound was inhabited, before Acererak came and filled it with all these traps and beasts of prey." She shrugs slightly, turning back to face out into the corridors. "No doubt we'll come across other such remnants of lost times. Homes, stockades, tradesposts, gathering chambers, other such commonplace things. A greater question, I surmise, is why such a people would reside on such a remote isle, and underground at that."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1
Jeneva wrote:
Jeneva observes from the entrance, glancing back toward the investigative pair. "Likely a relic of old days, before this isle became the hell-pit it currently is," she muses. "Possibly this compound was inhabited, before Acererak came and filled it with all these traps and beasts of prey." She shrugs slightly, turning back to face out into the corridors. "No doubt we'll come across other such remnants of lost times. Homes, stockades, tradesposts, gathering chambers, other such commonplace things. A greater question, I surmise, is why such a people would reside on such a remote isle, and underground at that."

"Undead were once something else. It would make sense that their dwellings are as well."


Male Human (Varisian)

Skiron, Jeneva: It would help us if, when you posted, you pushed, looked, rolled some dice...something. Almost every post needs to do something, if you can.

Ravens, thoroughly bored of his chair, gets up and looks through, dumps, and twerks his way about the 2 urns on either side of the altar.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Perception


I Eat Cannibals

Ravens. The 2 urns are both empty.

I have moved you over by the one in the SE corner

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

I'm doing things when I can. I have my fingers in a lot of pies right now, and have not been in the best psychiatric condition besides.

Skiron proceeds to investigate the fourth row of pews, as well as reaching his mind out to the rest of the room for any more secret passages.

Knowledge checks to understand what all this gold might be doing in these pews:

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41


I Eat Cannibals
Skiron wrote:

I'm doing things when I can. I have my fingers in a lot of pies right now, and have not been in the best psychiatric condition besides.

Skiron proceeds to investigate the fourth row of pews, as well as reaching his mind out to the rest of the room for any more secret passages.

Investigating? Does that mean looking for traps? Does that mean opening up the pew?

Quote:
Knowledge checks to understand what all this gold might be doing in these pews:

That is a mystery lost to the mists of time i.e. sometimes there's just stuff lying around 8>)

[dice=Knowledge (Religion)]1d20+11
[dice=Knowledge (History)]1d20+23

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Opening the pew, nothing more.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron As you open the pew a gas fills the area indicated on the map.

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ravens fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Simon. Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Ta'ruk fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

DC 17:
1d3 ⇒ 3 Str drain

Everyone now has a rd to decide your next action


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk uses the distraction from the gas to snatch something out of the pew. He then quickly moves out of the range of the gas toward the other wall. "Quickly, let's get out of here, through the door by the rotting skeleton!" he shouts.

This round Ta'ruk will move to the wall on the skeleton side of the room. Already moved on map. Next round he will make his way toward the exit.


I Eat Cannibals

FYI Ta ruk et al that doorway is a mist filled archway.


Male Human (Varisian)

1d3 ⇒ 2 Str Damage

Ravens coughs a bit on the gas, his face into stinkface.

He reaches into his spellpouch and, with a few incoherent syllables, casts Air Bubble. He breathes free and easy and watches to see what the others do.

HP: 75/75

Spell Effects:

Gr. Longstrider = 9 hours
Magic Vestment = 9 hours
Wand of CMW (37/50 left)

Air Bubble 9/min.
-2 Str.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Is the gas filling the whole room?


[General Appearance]
Stats:
[HP: 21/88] [Rage: 14/25] [AC: 19+1 | T: 12+1 | FF: 16 | permanent blur (Miss 20%)] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7+1 | W: +5; +2 vs Spells, SLA, SU] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 25+1

As the smoke billows out of the pew, the dancer's skin begins to ripple and change almost immediately, once again taking on the chitinous appearance of her insectoid form from before.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

She darts across the chamber, managing to hold her breath as she passes through the cloud and avoid absorbing any of the noxious fumes. Once on the other side, she puts herself between the cloud and the exit Ta'ruk is bound for, and begins batting her wings as strongly as she can. The intent, of course, is to blow the smoke cloud back away, toward the entrance by which the group first arrived in the shrine, and away from the chosen exit.


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:
Is the gas filling the whole room?

Simon. It will fill the room next rd.

Jeneva Clever girl, you will be able to keep the lich dust out of the 10' square I have moved you to on the map

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron, someone who knows a thing or two about blowing dust (be it from a failed alchemical experiment, a very, very, old book, or the essential salts of someone he's personally disposed of) away, retreats toward Jeneva.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon quickly moves to Geneva's side of the room and pulls a short knotted rope from his pocket (insert joke here). With a word and gesture Simon sends the 10 foot length of rope into the air. By all appearances it just seemed to hang there.

"This way. We can wait out the gas up here. May as well rest for the night as well. "

Simon scurries up the rope and at the top and crosses an unseen event horizon and is gone. An arm, his arm, appears from the invisible event horizon and makes a "come hither" motion.

Molly flies from her position directly into the event horizon and disappears.

Not sure how long all that takes. DM's discretion.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron/ Simon. I moved you two over by Jeneva. Since Simon crawled into his hideyhole there is room for Ta'ruk.

Very well done folks. The lich dust does in fact fill the room and dissipates after 6 minutes.

Molly fort dc 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 str. drain: 1d3 ⇒ 3


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Molly slumps unable to move. Simon catches her and puts her in a bag tied to himself. Usually this bag is for her to sleep in while they're moving, but in this case it'll have to act as a sick bed.

Simon's assumption is that the effect will wear off in a day or two. Hope that's right.


Male Human (Varisian)

Are we resting? If so, we might as well take a few shots at the ring door.

Ravens takes a look at the door in the southeast corner.

He casts stone shape, beginning to carve the stone out of the way.

Should be able to move about 19 cubic feet of stone door. If the door is 1' thick, could be able to carve away a 4'x4' hole at the minimum.

"Let's see where this goes before we go abed."


I Eat Cannibals

Simon/Ravens: Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, It looks like it takes 2 consectutive fort saves 1 per day at DC17 or one of the various cure poison spells to negate the lich dust.

Ravens: You remember that stone shape, transmuting rock to mud type spells will not function, along with trying to teleport/D-door,going astral or ethereal.


Male Human (Varisian)

I remember this from what? How did we learn this outside of failure of the spell? Also what else is going to fail? Passwall? Earth glide?

Ravens grunts as he spell fails.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3
Ravens the Birdmaster wrote:
I remember this from what? How did we learn this outside of failure of the spell? Also what else is going to fail? Passwall? Earth glide?

Ta'ruk told you here.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ooh, thanks Ta'ruk. My memory doesn't go back that far. I'm sure I can memorize Elemental Body and go gliding, right?

Ravens grumbles and pouts as he remembers what he remembered.

Thanks, Obama!


I Eat Cannibals
Ravens the Birdmaster wrote:

Ooh, thanks Ta'ruk. My memory doesn't go back that far. I'm sure I can memorize Elemental Body and go gliding, right?

Ravens grumbles and pouts as he remembers what he remembered.

Thanks, Obama!

Thanks Ta'ruk, I was digging through the pages looking for that quote.

Ravens:I believe that elemental body will work since you are not going extraplanar and such...it's one of those snafus you get from using a 1E module with pathfinder

551 to 600 of 1,159 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ...and for your sins... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.