...and for your sins... (Inactive)

Game Master Tin Foil Yamakah

A game for evil players to save the world their asses
MAP

EACH SQUARE IS 10'


601 to 650 of 1,159 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"Thank you Jeneva for keeping the gas at bay." Ta'ruk studies the vapors in the door. "I wonder if there is anything that will dissipate these vapors?" Ta'ruk searches for some sort of device that will clear the hallway. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

As he looks he says to Ravens, "Well that air bubble is neat trick, Ravens. Can you cast it on all of us so that we can get through these vapors lurking at the west door? I don't agree with resting now, it will only allow time for all of the traps to be reset. Unless, that is, our resources are getting low and some of us need some rest to renew them."


I Eat Cannibals
Ta'ruk wrote:

"Thank you Jeneva for keeping the gas at bay." Ta'ruk studies the vapors in the door. "I wonder if there is anything that will dissipate these vapors?" Ta'ruk searches for some sort of device that will clear the hallway. [dice=Perception]1d20+4

As he looks he says to Ravens, "Well that air bubble is neat trick, Ravens. Can you cast it on all of us so that we can get through these vapors lurking at the west door? I don't agree with resting now, it will only allow time for all of the traps to be reset. Unless, that is, our resources are getting low and some of us need some rest to renew them."

Ta'ruk: You do not see any apparent way to dissipate the mist in the archway.


[General Appearance]
Stats:
[HP: 21/88] [Rage: 14/25] [AC: 19+1 | T: 12+1 | FF: 16 | permanent blur (Miss 20%)] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7+1 | W: +5; +2 vs Spells, SLA, SU] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 25+1

"Perhaps one of our magicians might be able to conjure up a wind to scatter it back whence we came," she suggests.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

"Rest or not, my main goal was to escape the poison cloud. I have no wind spells available. We should look for some kind of switch to turn the thing off. Speaking of which does anyone have an anti-poison spell available? "


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens shakes his head at Ta'ruk from inside the safety of his bubble. He looks at the rope trick'd enclave and then back at Ta'ruk.

"Traps reset? That may happen, but that's no reason not to rest if we need it. It doesn't matter none," Ravens spits...on the ground. See? He spits carelessly! He's evil!

"I'll rest or I'll press on. T'would be better to send something else..." Ravens eyes flicker to the summoner of summoning things. "...through instead of us. To see if it will return."

HP: 75/75

Spell Effects:

Gr. Longstrider = 9 hours
Magic Vestment = 9 hours
Wand of CMW (37/50 left)

Air Bubble 9/min.
-2 Str.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron stares into the mists with all the apparent attentiveness of a zombie. Suddenly, though...

I use the "summon a larger number of weaker monsters" clause of the summon monster spell, combined with the CR adjustment I was permitted, to summon Count 'Em: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Fiendish Seugathi with the Improved Natural Armor, Skilled (Perception), and Ability Increase (Constitution) Evolutions (they come in with their Aura of Madness suppressed)!

...a pair of horrific worm-like beings coated in what appear to be incredibly dense giant clam eyes spring into being on either side of him.

Skiron suddenly regains an interest in his immediate surroundings. "Ah! Tweedledee, do proceed. Tweedledum, please remain," he instructs, and one thereby proceeds through the door.

Tweedledum is attempting to keep telepathic contact.

He then notices the slight sulk in Ravens's posture (more than was there before, which is saying something), and the rasping in his breath.

"Someone forgot to exhale first thing upon contact with lich dust, I see. What's the mnemonic again? 'To refuse the Fourth Death, make gift of living breath!'" Skiron chidingly intones in a borderline-singsong voice as though Ravens knows what he's talking about. He then shakes his head and pulls what looks like a large bright green jellybean from his satchel and holds it just in front of Ravens's nose. "Eat this."

Assuming he does, the lesser restoration infusion will heal: 1d4 ⇒ 2 points of ability damage.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron "Tweedledee" proceeds through the mist and reports back that it is a 10' x 10' empty room.

"Tweedledumb" is reacting strangely as if it is conflicted.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron scrutinizes his creations - just what is it that discomfits an elder god's nightmares?

The answer to that had better not involve ponies.

Is there a Knowledge check I could make to guess why Tweedledum would feel that way (knowledge of what arcane trap or horrific malady might scramble seugathi telepathy, or whatever happened to it)? I'm worrying the room killed Tweedledee and spat out a clone as bait or something.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron:"Tweedledumb" is indicating to you that it regards "Tweedledee" as an enemy as opposed to an ally.

Fear not, this is a no pony zone 8>)


Male Human (Varisian)
Skiron wrote:
"Eat this."

Ravens eats, and nods his head at Skiron in brief thanks as he strength returns. He waits to see what happens to the twiddlebugs.

Thanks Skiron. While Ravens won't/can't show much appreciation, I can. :)


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon watches Skiron curiously.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron expresses his desire for an explanation from Tweedledum - what exactly does it think happened to Tweedledee? Can it sense anyone else - a second Tweedledee, for example?

I'm kind of picturing a Seugathi version of the Duck Soup mirror scene, here.


I Eat Cannibals

Skiron: So here's the lowdown, T-Dee's alignment has switched i.e he now has the celestial template

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron's attention turns to Tweedledee, with an expression of intense curiosity.

He expresses his desire to know just what happened to it in that room.


I Eat Cannibals

T-Dee does not believe anything happened to it per say, It just is good and quite unhappy with you and T-dumb. It does not wish for violence only to be sent away from all this evil in the room.

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Without a word or gesture, and scarcely a thought, Skiron wills the errant aberrant cease to exist.

He then turns to the assemblage.

"Well, that was interesting. Who here has had a dream wherein someone you think you know well appears to you, but behaving in a manner quite contrary to their nature - or wherein you find yourself behaving in a manner you know to be contrary to your own? It would appear that beyond that door lies just such a dream."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon looks curiously at Skiron. "I'll have none of that. "

Simon intently searches the area around the doorway for some kind of mechanism to shut off what is obviously a truly devious trap.

Percep 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30


I Eat Cannibals

Simon: There does not appear to be any way to shut down the mist.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens looks at the rest of the group, a evaluating look on his face...as if he were judging each of them that he can see.

"Fine, I'll go. One small step for me, one giant leap back to the Abyss," Ravens says. He begins to prepare himself for the jump, getting his shield ready, and drawing his club.

He checks his bandoliers and prepares to step through the misted doorway...

Giving time for others to suggest actions or stop Ravens...or send him through DMTFY, whatever works.


[General Appearance]
Stats:
[HP: 21/88] [Rage: 14/25] [AC: 19+1 | T: 12+1 | FF: 16 | permanent blur (Miss 20%)] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7+1 | W: +5; +2 vs Spells, SLA, SU] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 25+1
Skiron wrote:
"Well, that was interesting. Who here has had a dream wherein someone you think you know well appears to you, but behaving in a manner quite contrary to their nature - or wherein you find yourself behaving in a manner you know to be contrary to your own? It would appear that beyond that door lies just such a dream."

"I think we have discovered all we particularly need of this corridor then. Unless there was a passage beyond the chamber ahead, I believe we are through here and can return whence we came, and investigate another of the myriad passages and tunnels this isle has to offer." The insectoid figure snarls slightly, mandibles clacking. "I've no interest in having whatever awaits us within meddling in my head, and I've every reason to believe you all would think likewise."


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"We have learned pretty quickly that empty rooms are not always empty and often contains secret doors. If Ravens will cast that air bubble spell on me, I have no concern going to the room and investigating."


I Eat Cannibals

And so we have reached that dreaded point in the game in which there are choices to be made, as I see it you have 3 choices.

1 Misty archway on west wall

2. False wall that Simon discovered on the east side.

3. Back through the crawlspace from where you entered


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3
DMTFY wrote:

And so we have reached that dreaded point in the game in which there are choices to be made, as I see it you have 3 choices.

1 Misty archway on west wall

2. False wall that Simon discovered on the east side.

3. Back through the crawlspace from where you entered

I missed the false wall. That sounds promising. That's my vote.

Is this the area Ravens was trying his soften stone or whatever spell?


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens waves his arms, jumps up and down, and loosens his neck, getting ready to jump through the Misty Doorway of Certain Doom.

After stretching out both legs, Ravens readies to take the leap of doom...

Ok, Ravens, you got this. Ain't nothing...on three...

ONE! Ravens leans toward movement, then shifts his body back, rocking for....
TWO! Ravens again rocks forward, then back, preparing to leap boldy...and....

"Wait! What was that about a false wall, Simon?!" Ravens straightens up, giving Simon 'the Eye'. "Why didn't you mention that before!? What are you trying to pull? Where is this false wall?"

Ravens scowls at Simon.

Ta'ruk, I think that was a different spot. Ravens tried to bypass the ring-locked door.

HP: 75/75

Spell Effects:

Gr. Longstrider = 9 hours
Magic Vestment = 9 hours
Wand of CMW (37/50 left)


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:
DMTFY wrote:

Simon. I have moved you on the map

In the southeast corner of this chapel is a tiny slot the letter. A. Faintly traced above it examining the wall revealed that is actually a single block of separate stone however it is impossible to move by any means. The slot seems to be about the size of a ring.

"Anyone see a ring with some sort of 'A' symbology on it?" He says pointing out the slot

Actually he did sorta point it out

Ravens that ring locked door/wall are is the area you tried stone shaping. But then Ta'ruk reminded you that stone shape and such spells will not function


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk goes back to examine the area that Simon discovered more closely. He looks at the slot and fingers the ring on his finger. He recalls one of the riddles alluding to using a magical ring to bypass something.

He pulls the ring off his finger, pauses and says to the others, "One of you is going to owe me a ring of feather falling if this slot eats my ring." Ta'ruk inserts the magical ring into slot.


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk Inserting the ring into the slot causes the stone wall to slide down into the ground.

Revealing a 20' passageway that turns south


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

i missed that it was a secret door.


I Eat Cannibals
Simon Demarkus wrote:
i missed that it was a secret door.

Technically it is a block of stone, however it is much easier to type door...especially on this phone


I Eat Cannibals

Oh no, not choices again....AAAAAAH


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk watches in disbelief as his ring slides into the ground carried by the large stone. "The first magical ring we come across is mine," he growls.

"Well let's head this way." He takes a look around the door for any slots or holes out of which items that could impale him may protrude. If he sees none, he will proceed down the hall.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk:You do not detect any slots or holes, I have moved you down the hall on the map

Beyond the stone gate the corridor turns south to a series of steps leading down before turning west. You come to a wooden door that looks to be boarded up.

The boards prevent the door from being opened up normally


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Ta'ruk examines the boards while he waits for the others to catch up.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human (Varisian)

"Nice work, Ta'ruk," Hektir says, following.

Ravens begins to rip out the boards, using his crowbar.

"Well, I didn't expect to be entertained down this hall, but I also didn't think I'd be board," Ravens quips.

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 Str Check
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 Str Check
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21 Str Check


I Eat Cannibals

Ta'ruk: All looks to be good boards across a door, until Ravens/Hektir starts pulling them off with ease.

These boards are about as strong as balsa wood

Ravens/Hektir: The boards are easily ripped off the door and in fact parts of the door are also torn off.

Nice pun


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

*sigh*

Simon sighs audibly at Raven's pun and turns his head to share a knowing look with Molly. Realizing she's not on his shoulder, but in his pocket his face turns to one of irritation. He otherwise says nothing.


I Eat Cannibals

SimonI have moved Molly and you right behind Ta'ruk and Ravens


Male Human (Varisian)

After putting away his crowbar, Ravens opens the door and goes through.

Won't be able to move myself on map for a few hours. Phone posting.

HP: 75/75

Spell Effects:

Gr. Longstrider = 9 hours
Magic Vestment = 9 hours
Wand of CMW (37/50 left)

Shadow Lodge

Female Suli Barbarian [Masquerade Reveler] 9
Stats:
[HP: 78/97] [Rage: 25/25] [AC: 21 | T: 14 | FF: 18] [25% Fort] [F: +10 | R: +7 | W: +3] [Perc: +11] [Init: +3] [CMB: +14 | CMD: 27]

Jeneva makes her way out of the room, following the group back toward the secret door, before ceasing to beat her wings and allowing her body to morph back into its normal form.

Once outside the room she resumes her place at rear guard, sword drawn and at the ready. By the time she arrives Ravens has already forced the blockade open, so she just follows the group through the new aperture into whatever space awaits beyond.


I Eat Cannibals

No worries Ravens, I will move you[

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

As you are about to step through, you notice a pit trap on the floor.

I have marked it on the map

The door 20 feet ahead of you looks identical to the one you just went through.

Jeneva I have moved you forward on the map as well

Dark Archive

male Tiefling Antiquarian 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23, T 14, FF 21|HP: 75/75|F +8, R +7, W +6 (+6 vs fear, +2 vs gaze/dream/phantasm, +1 vs confusion/insanity/WIS loss)|Init +2, Perc +7?|CMB +7 CMD 19|12/12 Starspawn

Skiron catches up, the now-twinless Tweedledum in tow.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Looking at the pit trap that Ravens was about to trigger, Ta'ruk asks, "Can one of you disable this trap so that we continue forward?"


I Eat Cannibals

If that is the route you wish to pursue the check is DC20


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

"I have some skill."

Simon pulls some tools out of his belt and tries to disable the pit trap.

Dis Dev 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens waits, eying the rest of the group and pouting.

How long is this going to take?

Ravens itches himself.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

As soon as Simon successfully disables the trap, Ta'ruk enters the next room and heads to the far door. He looks around the room for anything interesting or out of the ordinary. Preferably small, round, shiny, magical and can fit on his finger.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


I Eat Cannibals

Simon: You have sucessfully disabled the pit trap

Ta'ruk: I am sorry but there is no magical ring,,,,but there are no traps as far as you can tell.

I will move you over to the the other door


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens goes to open the other door, certain what they seek is just behind it.

"Hard to figure why the Devils dont come here."

On phone again, sorry.


Male
stats:
HP 72/90 with Mage Armor and Shield AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 20; Fort +11,Ref +6,Will +7; Init +1, Perception +4;
Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3

As Ravens arrives beside him, Ta'ruk tries to open the next door.


I Eat Cannibals

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ta'ruk/Ravens: The door opens quite easily revealing a 20' long hallway that ends at another wooden door that is barred like the last 2.

601 to 650 of 1,159 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ...and for your sins... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.