To Worlds Unrambled

Game Master Scribbling Rambler


401 to 450 of 1,042 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"I didn't want to, but time to cast "Invasive Tentacles". This is going to get uncomfortable friend."

Petronicus casts Silent Image.

Black tentacles rise from the floor and start menacing the creature, appearing to look for an opening.

Will Save DC 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

inappropriate comment:
There's something poetic about threatening aliens with an anal probing.

Administering the potion, "Drink, M. Runecloak. I am certain it is not as tasty as my preparations, but it should do the job nonetheless." HP restored: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

Morgrom tries to reload the alien weapon and if actions allow, fire at the creature.


Male Elder GM

The "spur rifles" hold a clip of 6 spurs, and can be reloaded as a free action. It takes a full-round action to change the clip. Note that they are exotic weapons, so you take a -4 penalty to use them without the proficiency. 1d6 damage for the regular ones, 1d4 for small. 19-20/x2 crit. 80' range increment. They are neither metal nor wood.


Male Elder GM

Morgrom (rolls pending)
Slick
Andretta
"Vessa"


Male Elder GM

Pew!: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 121d6 ⇒ 2

Morgrom's shot goes wide.

Slick
Andretta
"Vessa"
Thorthal
Bardos
Petronicus
Haer Kul


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Slick shoots another arrow.

Ninja-Shot!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 101d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

To Andretta in 'real' Common:
"This isn't working! Tell the group to retreat back and draw the beast down!"


Male Elder GM

Andretta races over and uses one of the key-rods to open the rune-covered door, then waves frantically to the rest of the group.

The monster backs away up the shaft, and examines the tentacles critically.

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Oh, wizard, I shall enjoy getting your abilities."

The creature is now 15' above the floor, and the party is currently out of reach.

Thorthal
Bardos
Petronicus
Haer Kul
Morgrom
Slick
Andretta
"Vessa"


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Let's take the opportunity to get to a more strategic position! The tentacles won't hold it off forever!"


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"You know your spells best, M. Alazario" Haer Kul will proceed through the door on his turn.


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

"...nae, nae mair turnips....zzz"


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

Bardos steps forward and grabs Thorthal.

"Leave no one behind, but boldly go where no one have gone before!" He struggles with the dwarf. "Erm, little help here?"


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul will help.


Male Elder GM

The group manages to drag Thorthal to the back room, while the monster withdraws further up the shaft.

"I will see you soon, sweetlings."

Morgrom and Slick may each make a parting shot if you wish (with cover involved), but we are out of initiative.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Ninja-Parting-Shot!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d8 ⇒ 1


Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

Morgrom gets a parting shot in that goes widly astray, bouncing harmlessly off a wall.

Twwang? = 2 + 2 = 4


Male Elder GM

The creature skitters away while Morgrom and Slick shoot the remnants of the ceiling.

The room beyond appears to have been the pen of some large creature. The grisly remnants of many humanoids are scattered about, including several of the green-skinned aliens. The aliens are mostly intact, or in identifiable pieces. Other than that, there are only scraps of bodies.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"One more for the road?" Haer Kul will feed Thorthal another healing potion unless someone has a spell or scroll they prefer to use?

potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 HP.

"Well that should keep you going for a few more seconds."

Assuming the room looks safe enough for now, Haer Kul will search the bodies looking for any useful items. Also, trying to determine the likely manner(s) of death.

Perception: 10 + 10 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elder GM

Haer Kul is fairly certain they died of consumption. Not the disease.

There is nothing further of use.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"It looks like we have to go back up and through that beast, or lure it down here into the open to defeat it."

"Or... set some sort of trap in the shaft?"

"Before that, though, the dwarf looks wounded. Is there a healer amongst us?" He looks pointedly at Petronicus.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Alas my healing arts are limited to soothing the souls of those who are lacking a life filled with poetry. Perhaps of no immediate use to the dwarf."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

Morgrom glances to where the creature was, making sure it isn't there, before stowing the alien weapon and then walks over to the prone form of the dwarf and says, "Hey dwarf, whut did tha five fingas say ta tha face? SLAP." Morgrom slaps Thorthal as he completes joke and casts cure light wounds.

CLW = 4 + 3 = 7


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

"Morgrom? When have you been to Daggermark?" says Bardos. "That joke's a local thing there."


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"..."


Male Elder GM

ch-ch-ch-ch
ah-ah-ah-ah


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

"Owww. Uhh, thanks Morgrom."


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"Umm..."

"Is there another healer amongst us?"


Male Elder GM

Andretta passes along Slick's question and looks around expectantly, then adds, "I believe there were also a few potions around? Any ideas on how we get past that creature?"


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"We do have more potions, but I am unable to slap as hard as Morgrom when I administer them."

According the spreadsheet on Google Drive (I think everyone has the link?), we have six more potions of CLW and one scroll. I'm afraid I haven't updated the list of stuff in a while. I'll try to get on that this week.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"Well I believe the dwarf could use some more help."

Slick scans the area..."It would be unwise to confront the beast in the shaft given the general lack of ability in this group. So I believe we need to lure it down into a more open area, like that room." he points to the specimen room with the body parts.

"I can tie a rope around the free-gnome and then we can position him under the shaft. When the beast approaches, perhaps the strongest among us can pull him into that room, and the rest can close behind."

"Mr. free-gnome, you will need to do your best to look delicious"


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"Very well, if that's the best plan we have. Please pull promptly when the arthropod approaches. However, let me have a few minutes to prepare some infusions."

Haer Kul looks decidedly uncomfortable with this plan. He digs out a couple more healing potions for Thorthal and hands them to him. Thorthal can roll the healing. I don't want to be responsible for the low rolls.

Haer Kul will prepare a cure light wounds infusion and another recharge innate magic, consuming the latter.

"I am ready." He lifts his arms with a resigned look. "Mr. Hellbade, I think you have a sanctuary scroll (from the temple). "Would you be so kind as to cast that on me once we know the creature is coming?"


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

"Thank ye Haer Kul."

Thorthal will drink the 2 healing potions.

CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Th creature didnae chase us in haur lest time, A dont hink it will chase Haer Kul intae haur. We cannae fight it in th shaft thocht. Hmm, thes is a problem."


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"But I think the tentacles may have scared it off before."


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

"Thorthal reminds me of this spirit I channeled once, I believe he went by the moniker "Spud". As for using Haer Kul as a lure, I do not think it is a good idea, but we will leave no one behind should a problem arise."


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"Well it seems like this is the only plan on the table."

Slick ties his rope around Haer Kul.

"Perhaps the dwarf and someone else can stand in the red rune doorway and pull the free-gnome once the beast arrives."

He indicates the corner where Petronicus is standing. "I can wait here, and vanish from sight to attack the monster from behind." He draws twin wakizashis.

"The rest should ready yourselves, as to your particular strengths... whatever those are."


Male Elder GM

Andretta seems uncomfortable explaining Slick's plan, but has nothing better to offer.

As the party considers their options, the complex shudders again.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"I have wonderful, powerful magic prepared that would be highly effective if we were fighting two or more opponents. Regretfully, we are not."


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"And I would be similarly devastating if the creature could be damaged by logic or the recall of obscure facts."

"There seems to be a consensus that I am insufficiently appetizing, yes? Therefore, perhaps we must drive the creature back and make room for us to proceed up the shaft."


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"The only option I see is that we take turns advancing up the shaft while others lay down covering fire."

"Mr. Thorthal, I believe you picked up the smaller projectile thrower from the little alien? If you wouldn't mind, I will take that now. Mr. Hellblade, your tuning fork may be a good idea."

Consulting his memory, he says, "We have potions and scrolls that may be useful to help protect us as we advance. invisibility barkskin, sanctuary, prayer, bull strength and bless. Perhaps it is time to lighten our load?"


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

Thorthal hands the smaller rifle to Haer Kul.


Male Elder GM

Which plan? Fishing with gnomes, or cover and scramble? If the second, how are you proceeding (ie who leads the way)?


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"How long will that invisibility last? I can go up first and drop a rope to pull the non-climbers up, as we did for descending."


Male Elder GM

Though I don't think the question was directed at me, the potion of invisibility is good for 3 minutes or the first time the recipient makes an attack.


Male Elder GM

Is the goal to chase the centipede, or to try to bypass it?
If you ascend, what will be the order?
Is Slick going to drink the potion? Are you using any other consumables?
As a reminder, the floor where you woke was 20' above the elevator car roof. The ceilings of the levels you have seen is 15'. 40' above the original floor is another opening, and the shaft continues beyond that. So a 50' rope is insufficient. Another reminder: a 4 on a Climb check failed by less than 5.
Any other special plans if you ascend (ex: one or two people covering with missile weapons at a time)?
Can you hear me now?


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

I'm away on vacation for the next week. I'll support whatever the group decides.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elder GM
Haer Kul wrote:
I'm away on vacation for the next week.

I thought I saw something on TV about you taking a trip on a train...


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light
DM Rambler wrote:
Haer Kul wrote:
I'm away on vacation for the next week.
I thought I saw something on TV about you taking a trip on a train...

Zere is no privacy avec zis social media, no? At least not for zee world's greatest investigator.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

"Well, how about we tie two ropes together first."

"Then I take the invisibility potion and climb to the level above where we woke up"

"Next the rest climb up together while Morgrom and I provide covering fire from above and below, maybe some of you should use some of the spells. Like prayer, or barkskin."

"Finally we lower the rope down and pull Morgrom up with Sanctuary on him"

"Good? There aren't many options. Oh, and the prisoner will probably have to be left behind unless Morgrom can hold him while we pull him up "


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

... Bueller? ...


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul looks at the rest of the party, from blank face to vacant stare. He shrugs and smiles, and says "We are all agreed, yes? Speak out if you want the barkskin or prayer."
We will tie the ropes together and follow Slick's plan.

401 to 450 of 1,042 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Worlds Unrambled All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.