To Worlds Unrambled

Game Master Scribbling Rambler


451 to 500 of 1,042 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Elder GM

Morgrom suddenly remembers his ring of feather falling, and decides this is a good time to put it on.

Slick quaffs the potion, and the rest of the party see the knotted ropes ascending the shaft.

nothing to see here, move along: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Slick:
The hall of the floor Slick was confined on is now dark. As he approaches his target doorway, Slick sees that there is yet another doorway 20' beyond, with the shaft ending just past that. The "second" level doorway (assuming he woke on the first) also has a surrounding hallway with doorways on the outer rim. The hall is mostly dark, with only occasional short flashes from the overhead lighting.

As he exits, he sees two shuffling humanoids turn out of sight directly across from the shaft. They looked like two of the green aliens, but badly damaged.
I don't want to put a map on the Drive just yet.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Slick would have coiled the rope up and carried it up invisibly. The signal to come up is when the rope end drops down.

GM:
Is there anything close to secure the rope to? Did the aliens go through a door that closed, or stayed open, or just walk around the corner?


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

GM:
Also, what was that roll? His perception check?

BTW Slick's Stealth check would be

Ninja-Invisible-Climb!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Plus the modifier for invisibility (+20?)


Male Elder GM

Fair enough, disregard the bit about the rope.

Slick:
The roll was a secret Perception check, based on the +7 bonus you have listed. Slick did not hear a door open, nor does he see one. However, the aliens turned in opposite directions (the short hall goes directly away from the shaft, they went left and right).


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

GM:
Slick will exit onto the level and drop one end of the rope down. If he can't see anywhere to tie it off, he'll brace himself for Morgrom's weight.


Male Elder GM

Slick:
As Slick is looking for a place to secure the rope, he sees that the two humanoids are each standing in front of a door just around the corner. They appear to be unaware of him, and to be undead.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

GM:
If Slick can still drop the rope and be out of sight of the aliens, he will, but I'm having trouble picturing the situation. Is it possible to email me a map instead of posting it?


Male Elder GM

Slick:
I already put a map on the Drive ;)

The end of the rope drops down to the sub-level where the party waits.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Quietly, "it would not hurt to have another fighter up there. I would suggest Thorthal up next. I can follow, and perhaps serve as lookout while the rest come up."

After Thorthal goes, inspired climb: 1d20 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) - 1 + (3) = 19


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

"I am all for a climb! I shall bring up the rear, leave no man behind!"


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

After Haer Kul, Petronicus climbs up, or tries to.

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10


Male Elder GM

Are you going to put multiple people on the rope, or are you waiting until each climber is done?
Please note that you need a Climb check for each move action spent climbing (ie 1/4 of your speed up). You are allowed to Take 10.

Is Thorthal first up after Slick?

Slick:
Slick manages to find a place to tie the rope. The two creatures seem unaware of his presence.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7
Slick wrote:

"Well, how about we tie two ropes together first."

"Then I take the invisibility potion and climb to the level above where we woke up"

"Next the rest climb up together while Morgrom and I provide covering fire from above and below, maybe some of you should use some of the spells. Like prayer, or barkskin."

"Finally we lower the rope down and pull Morgrom up with Sanctuary on him"

"Good? There aren't many options. Oh, and the prisoner will probably have to be left behind unless Morgrom can hold him while we pull him up "

GM:
Slick gets out his bow and looks down the shaft after tying off the rope.

Male Elder GM

Thorthal grabs on to the rope and begins climbing.

Jeff is having computer issues. Thorthal succeeds by taking 10.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"Well, gnome time like the present"

Once Thorthal reaches the top, Haer Kul follows using the roll above. Once at the top, he'll look around for any sign of hostiles.

perception: 10 + 10 = 20


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul, please note my comment re: climbing checks about 4 posts up.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul will first try to climb taking 10 (for a total of 9).

If he fails to progress he will ask Bardos to ascend next and arrange to pull him up after. Once Bardos is up Haer Kul can tie the rope around himself. Two quick tugs will indicate that he is ready to be pulled up.

Other non - climbers can do the same.


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

Who else still has to climb up?


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Besides HK and yourself: Petronicus, Andretta, Morgrom


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul, Thorthal:
Thorthal stops Haer Kul at the exit level and whispers, "Elf stopped me. Cannae ken 'im." Note that there is a new map on the Drive

Andretta climbs the vines on the side of the shaft at the same time as Bardos ascends.

Only Morgrom, Petronicus, Scuttles, and "Rexel" remain below.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Thorthal:

I'm just seeing the map from the 20th. I assume that's it.
Whispers back "Perhaps he wants to wait for the rest to join us."

If Haer Kul can see the two figures on the map, will point them out to Thorthal.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Already made my climb check above.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light
Petronicus Alazario wrote:

After Haer Kul, Petronicus climbs up, or tries to.

(dice=climb) 1d20-1

DM Rambler wrote:

Please note that you need a Climb check for each move action spent climbing (ie 1/4 of your speed up). You are allowed to Take 10.

So, 7 1/2 feet up so far? :-)

Actually, can we just assume Petronicus will take 10 like Haer Kul did?
Someone of Petronicus' obvious intelligence would assume that if Haer Kul made it all the way to the top (at least two ropes - so at least 50') it sure wasn't by rolling the Paizo dice successfully 10 times (esp. with -1 modifier).

We agreed that Morgrom would be last and we would leave Green Rexel behind (bound) for now.


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul:
Haer Kul does not see the other figures from where he exits the shaft. Does he wish to go past Thorthal to do so?


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Ok just Mogrom and Scuttles left?


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

DM:
No. If he's aware of them, he will keep an eye on their location, in case they come out. He will wait for the rest of the party before doing anything more.

I would think that Scuttles has a pretty good climb modifier.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elder GM

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Bardos and Andretta join Slick, Thorthal, and Haer Kul, while Petronicus and Scuttles begin their ascent.

After a listening to Slick's disembodied voice for a moment, Andretta speaks softly to the others.

"There are two of the green humanoids hidden just ahead, but they are badly damaged."

Apparently, however, she did not speak softly enough, as the two aliens shuffle towards the group. They have grievous wounds, and their eyes are vacant... it is obvious they are undead.

HK initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Slick initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Petronicus initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Bardos initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Andretta initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zombie 1 initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Zombie 2 initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

One of the zombies moves up to Thorthal, and a barbed tongue snakes from its jaw to strike at the dwarf.

Slurp!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Fortunately, nobody really wants to lick a dwarf.

Bardos
Andretta
Slick
Petronicus (climbing)
Haer Kul
Zombie 2
Zombie 1

Slick:
Slick is still invisible, and at the exclamation point.

Petronicus:
Petronicus is at the open doorway of the original level, and in the distance he can hear sickening crunching sounds.


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

Bardos draws his magical dagger.

"Right then! Where is Mr. Slick? I don't want to be throwing this into his back inadvertently." He then steps forward, ready to strike.


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

Thorthals Initiative?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Elder GM

oops

HK rolloff: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Thorthal rolloff: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Andretta waits until she has a better idea where Slick is.

Slick
Andretta
Petronicus (climbing)
Haer Kul
Thorthal
Zombie 2
Zombie 1


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Slick drops his bow. Which appears in the space marked by the exclamation point.
Then he moves to the space directly above the alien at the back along the far wall, draws his katana on the move, and appears as he attacks with it.

Invisible-Ninja-Sneak-Attack!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d8 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (3, 6) = 18

I've already added +2 for being invisible.


Male Elder GM

Though the zombie is unaware of Slick's presence, the ninja's quick strike is turned aside by the creature's chitinous hide.

Andretta casts a spell, and Petronicus and Morgrom are able to hear her whisper, "We're under attack! I think they're Void Zombies!"

Morgrom initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Petronicus (climbing, can't really affect things)
Haer Kul
Thorthal
Zombie 2
Zombie 1

Morgrom can step in at any point he wishes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:28/28 AC: 17(16)/12/15(14) +Ring? F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 Darkvision MF: 3/4

Thorthal will stand his ground and let loose a rapid flurry of inaccurate punches.

Punch, Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Punch, Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Petronicus continues to climb when there is a clear space to climb to.

Climb roll if necessary: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaa... thump."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Dude. You should be taking 10.


Male Elder GM

I suspect he didn't because he was in the initiative order. However, I'd say he's not currently distracted by the combat, so a Take 10 is okay.

Haer Kul is up.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Yep I figured combat was on so taking 10 was not an option. But if I am largely clueless I am happy to take 10.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul will pull out the alien thorn-shooter while he moves beside Andretta. He'll load it and get ready to shoot.


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul may actually go ahead and shoot, as he can draw on the move and the spur rifle is loaded with a clip. Penalty of -4 for not being proficient with the exotic weapon, as well as the same penalty unless he has Precise Shot.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Shooting at the nearest one: ptoo!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

“Zombies! Save sum fer me!,” Morgrom shouts as he tries to climb up to the fight.

Climb = 10 + 3 (Str) - 6 (AC Penalty) = 7


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

Bardos, seeing an opportune shot, throws his dagger at the zombie:

+1 Dagger (Point Blank): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Marshal's Order Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Elder GM

Bardos' dagger sinks into the zombie as if it were guided by an otherworldly hand.

Slam, tongue vs Slick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Slam, tongue vs Thorthal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

These creatures are surprisingly fast for zombies. Both succeed in clobbering their opponents, but fail to latch on with their barbed tongues. 6 slam damage to Slick, 7 to Thorthal

Andretta sees that Slick needs help, and steps in to provide a flank with her shortspear. She seems surprised when she hits.

jab!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 5

Slick
Bardos
Petronicus (climbing)
Haer Kul
Thorthal
Morgrom (climbing)
Zombie 2
Zombie 1
Andretta

I missed Bardos' readied action before, which is why he is still early in the initiative.
10 damage to zombie 1.


Male Elf Ninja Lvl:3; hp:30/25; Ki: 1/3; AC:18 (T:13, FF:15); F:+3, R:+8, W:+1; Init:+5, low-light, Perception:+7

Slick steps behind the zombie that Andretta just hit.

Ninja-Katana-Flank-Attack!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 161d8 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (6, 5) = 20


Male Elder GM

Slick's attack almost gets through the zombies armour. If only he had taken part in today's seance!!

Bardos
Petronicus (climbing)
Haer Kul
Thorthal
Morgrom (climbing)
Zombie 2
Zombie 1
Andretta


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

To be fair, Slick wasn't even in the party at Seance Time! (Gods this has been a long day!)

Bardos moves to help Thorthal, drawing his magical morningstar:

Morningstar Expression: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Elder GM

Bardos squeezes through between Thorthal and the wall, and fells the lead zombie!

Petronicus (climbing)
Haer Kul
Thorthal
Morgrom (climbing)
Zombie 2
Zombie 1
Andretta


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24/24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

(If it was necessary to get into melee)


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Realizing that his last shot was even worse than he thought (forgot about firing into melee), Haer Kul will put away his spur rifle, confident that the party has this situation well in hand.

He will check on Petronicus and Morgrom, and keep an eye out for other dangers. perception: 10 + 10 = 20

451 to 500 of 1,042 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Worlds Unrambled All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.