The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,859 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Drat, I guess Kleines will need to do the speech again.

Iovo looks at the letter, comparing it to the handwriting she saw on the original letter to the society.

I’m not sure she ever saw the one that the sheriff received.

Linguistics?: 10 + 7 = 17

Smiling at the others, she asks “So, who is up for walking into a trap?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

"Do we have a choice? What else do we have to go on?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

There are always choices!” Iovo happily replies. “It is just that not all those choices are good ones.

As she starts walking towards the house described in the letter, she says “So, I wonder what sort of treachery they have planned for us? Anyone have good ideas for how we might protect ourselves?

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

”It might be a trap, but at least it’s a lead!”

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif nods along, adding his own voice to what others have already said, "I agree, we've got nothing else, so we might as well see about this note, which is likely a trick. As to how we protect ourselves, just before we get to the house, I'll cast a spell to toughen up Nico's hide a bit, since he seems to get hurt a lot, poor fellow. I can't think of much else."

Will cast barkskin just before we get to the house.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Shaking her head, Iovo says “We have plenty already!

Counting off the points on her fingers as she lists each point, she delineates what the group has found out.

There is the button found at the first murder site.

There is the matching handwriting on the notes.

Based on what Kleines realized about there being too much noise, the first body was moved.

Ekira seems to have a personal grudge against Pathfinders of some sort, and doesn’t check any of the evidence. Lots of things, I hope you don’t mind if I don’t litter this post with links.

We know that Orug — the witness to the first murder — is inclined towards storytelling rather than accurate accounts.

I’m sure there are other things I’m not thinking of at the moment.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

"But where do we go from here with all of that stuff?" Kleines looks to his friends. "Besides, I know this seems like a trap, but what if it isn't? What if it's someone that truly needs our help? We can't just ignore that possibility."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Find the person missing the button since we know they were at the murder site. Try to get Ekira to see she is chasing the wrong people. If someone really does need help, we help them!

Remember — even if this is a trap, the person we are chasing is a murderer. Although I doubt it, they may have really baited the trap with an innocent.

Looking to Kleines, she adds “I’m hoping you can tell us if someone isn’t as innocent as they claim.

Iovo gets out one of her wands and uses it on herself.

Mage Armor

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

"I'm a pretty good judge of character. Anyway, maybe we'll get lucky and find everything we're looking for at the house."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Reckon we should tell th' sheriff what's up 'fore we go?" Shieara asks. "Or are we operatin' on a 'trust no one' basis right now?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Probably wouldn’t hurt to tell someone as long as it doesn’t delay us too much. I haven’t really talked much with the sheriff, so someone else will have to decide if he is trustworthy.


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

Sorry about cutting off conversation with Ekira. I wanted to move things along. There's this issue in conversations with adversarial-but-not-fully-enemy NPCs where conversations can spiral into "but why would you think that way" back and forth that doesn't go anywhere. I wanted to avoid that (and just to move things along). Also, I figured that Ekira would have stalked off from Iovo and Rees before the folks talking to the Sheriff got back.

Looking at the letter, Iovo does indeed recognize the handwriting. It's exactly the same as the writing that the Pathfinder Society received, and that got you started on all of this in the first place. It is also the same as the testimony that the Sheriff received.

After performing some minor buffs (And feel free to do other things like Iovo's Mage Armor, as it'll take you a few minutes to get to the house), the Pathfinders head towards the ... well, it's a lead, or a trap, or both, but whatever it is, that's where they're going.

The house is unremarkable. It's got two stories, and is sided with wooden planks.

Combat Map 1. (I'll increment the number as things change. If you want to go somewhere, give me the coordinates of where you want to go, and how you got there if it matters. The front door is on the left side of squares H5-H6.)

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

As the group comes in sight of the building, Iovo casts message including her sister, Kleines and Garif in the spell.

She carefully makes her way over to the window and peeks in. Although quite enough, she makes the rookie mistake of not considering how being backlit might make it pretty easy for someone to see her shadow.
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Would like window at F1 since it would give the best view of anyone waiting in ambush for the first person through the door.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

Kleines waits in front of the door, ready to break it down if Iovo gives him the signal.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

As the group approaches the house and begins to fan out somewhat, Shieara looks around uneasily.

"I can conjure up some fog if we need it for cover," she whispers quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Yes, telling the sheriff would be wise. Probably even asking him to come along, but that's unlikely to be a possibility.

Rees strings his bow and peers around suspiciously.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 +2 vs humans


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

The Amazing CoCo will fly up for a bird's eye view of the site and anything suspicious, humming her own theme song all the while.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar strings her bow, nodding at Rees. Then she picks up the melody of CoCo's theme song.

♫ We're off on a hero's journey
To clear all the awful lies
Educate snarling village louts
With Ekira by our shoulder
Murderous shape-shifting spies
Yeah, a fight's totally about to break out!

And so what if they still don't trust us?
Right
So what if they're a lynch mob?
Yeah
So what if our GM is named Rob Knopf?
GM: Wait, now, hold on!

We're off on a hero's journey
Champions through and through
More or less, doing what all the heroes do

And we're off to save Pathfinders
From judgy inquisitor minders
Ekira: Not True
Phinny: Pretty True
Iovo: Very True

To shame the villains who blamed them
And dumb inquisitors who named them
Ekira: Not true
Kleines: Kinda true
Shiera: Gotta say, sorta true

And we're off to help the sheriff
Who's the only one listening
Rees: Here's my paranoid monologuing...
Group: Wait, what was that?
Rees: What? Never mind!
Group: Did you just say?
Rees: Not a thing

We're off on a hero's journey
And this is our hero's vow
We'll absolve
Pathfinders glorious
And how
Though we've not met them til now
Nothing's gonna stop my journey
nooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Off on a hero's journey
Off on a hero's journey
Off on a hero's journey
Off on a hero's journey
Off on a hero's journey
Off on a hero's journey ♫

Inspire Courage +1

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Damiar, you've outdone yourself! Wrapped in character elements to a great song - truly filktastic!

Garif lays a hand on Nico and casts his protective spell, then waits to see what Iovo finds from peeking in the window.

Rob - need a token on the map for Nico the cat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

I love the song!

Sekrit GM Roll:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Iovo moves around to the side, looking through the window. She sees into the house, and does not see anybody lurking by the front door -- unfortunately, the way it's laid out, she wouldn't be able to. (You'll discover this is true for all of the windows, if you try them.)

She is perhaps a little bit surprised, as the tables and chairs she sees suggests that this is a nice little country bed & breakfast. However, there's no sign of occupation -- which is quite surprising given the number of visitors in town for the festival of execution.

What Iovo Sees.

Perception DC 33 for CoCo (only):

There's somebody lurking on the second story, looking out a window down at the party below!

Sensing nothing, Kleins kicks open the door -- and sees an empty house. There's an entryway with a nice rug, and a pair of staircases heading upwards on either side of the front door.

Combat Map 3 (#2 was Iovo's map above.)

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Okay, let's go in!" Damiar says to Kleines. "You first!"

Maintaining song as a free action.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

Perception before entering: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

The door open, Kleines peers into the entryway, searching for hidden surprises. Confident there are no surprises hidden within, he purposefully strides forward to the interior doorways (D6) where he can see into either side.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Still looking around, Shieara waits for some of the others to head into the cottage before doing so herself.

"I'll bring up th' rear...an' keep my eyes open," she whispers.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Iovo whispers through her spell “I am going to walk around the building once. Just whisper if you need me.

With that, she continues her circuit around the building.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

PErception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

The Amazing CoCo sees nothing.

And thanks Hmm for the theme song!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif gestures for Nico to move through the door after Kleines, then takes a few careful steps inside.


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

Led by Kleines, Nico, and Garif, the group heads into the house. Getting to the end of the entrance hall and looking around, Kleines sees much of the rest of the first floor of the house, but does not see much else. Daimar continues her epic song, while Iovo circles around back looking for untoward things.

Sekrit GM Rolls:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Perception DC 27 for Shieara, Daimar, Phinelippa, and Rees:

You hear a small thumping sound outside, to the north of the door.

Perception DC 25 for Rees and Phinellippa:

...there's a stealthy-looking person squatting in front of the house, beneath the second-floor window there! In fact, he's the same one who shouted out that it was Garif's cold-iron dagger used in the murders earlier! He's in square H3.

For the Amazing CoCo:

As soon as everybody goes into the door into the front floor of the house (except for Iovo, who is still circling around), a man clad in black emerges from a second story window, and quietly falls to the ground in square H3.

For reasons that may or may not soon become clear, we're going to go into combat rounds.

Initiative Rolls:

Daimar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
...Somebody...: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Combat Map 4

Action Order:
* Iovo (up)
* ...somebody...
* Shieara
* Phinellippa
* Garif
* Daimar
* Kleines

Iovo can act.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Not seeing anything suspicious yet, Iovo continues to sneak and peek around the house.

Sneak (aka Stealth): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Peek (aka Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

Iovo sneaks up to the front of the house and, looking around the corner, sees that a stealthy-looking man in black has appeared on the ground somehow! What's more, she recognizes him as the one who pointed out that the dagger used in the murders earlier was Garif's.

This is the man that Iovo sees.

Rees Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

In horror, she watches as the man moves up behind the unaware Rees, drawing a dagger as he does so, and stabs Rees in the back!

(Look, it was a trap after all!)

Attack roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage if hits: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak attack damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) = 7

Rees feels a sharp pain in his gut as the knife slides in, doing 9 points of damage to him.

Combat Map 5

* Man in Black
* Shieara (up)
* Phinellippa
* Garif
* Daimar
* Kleines
* Iovo

Everybody can act!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Iovo hopes she hasn’t been noticed from the corner where she is and fires her bow at the man who stabbed Rees. She then moves out at an angle so as to interfere with the person’s escape.

Attack w/bow into melee, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 12
Damage w/bow, inspire courage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Attack if unaware of Iovo: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Move to J6, edit for error

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

Did you mean I6, Iovo? Phinellippa is standing in G6.

Kleines runs back out the door next to the man (to H6, likely provoking as he leaves G6) and punches him as hard as he can.

Improved unarmed strike (nonlethal), power attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12
damage: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Startled, Shieara spins around to see some jerk with a bloody, dripping dagger standing behind an injured Rees.

"Hey! You're in fer a world'o hurt now!" she cries as she attempts to skewer the man with her longspear.

Attack vs. Stabby Guy (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif gives Nico a quick tap on the shoulder and says, "Attack!" while pointing at the sneaky fellow who has stabbed Rees. As the cat bounds past the other Pathfinders, Garif observes quietly, "Well, we were right it was a trap. But I think I like our odds on this one."


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

At Garif's word, Nico's darts forward, dodging nimbly through the party to reach a spot where he can attack his target. He bites fiercely at the attacker!

Move to I6 (likely provoking), bite the sneaky, stabby man!

Bite, Inspire: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage, Inspire: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa hopes that Damiar will move so she can five-foot step!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees blinks slowly as he takes in what's just happened, including the bloodstain spreading evenly across his tunic. "That... that was unwise," he observes, raising his bow and firing at the man point-blank before he even realizes what he's doing. Definitely provokes if the guy still has an AoO left after Nico's move.

Bow (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 12
Damage?: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

**BZZT** "Botting for Damiar" **BZZT**
Botting at Hilary's request.

Damiar continues her song, stepping back (to E6) to give Phinellippa room to retreat. She draws her bow and fires through the crowd.

Longbow+IC+PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 11 Before cover.
Damage+IC+PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa five-foot-steps away, to where Damiar was, and casts Magic Missile!

pew pew!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


Mosquito Witch

Start of adventure
Playing up with four player adjustment as per discussion.
Let me know if you want to change your mind on that since there are now only six players rather than seven.

link to combat map

I will be adding this to my profile in a bit. I need to rearrange things since I am also at the end of a special that I'm currently GMing.

Iovo's arrow misses. Seeing that the others are now aware of the man behind them, she whispers over the message spell "Looks like you should be able to hand this. I'm going for the sheriff!"

Never one to hesitate, she runs off towards the sheriff's house.

Kleines rushes up next to the mysterious stranger, running out of the door next to him.
Mystery man attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Dagger damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Kleines's punch and Shieara's spear both miss the mysterious man.

Nico bounds past Kleines, but the mystery man has no chance to react.

Nico's teeth bite through his armor, hurting him. "Cat, I'm going to turn you into fur boots!" the man threatens.

Seeing Nico bound past without getting attacked, Rees decides he can shoot the person who just tried to remove his kidney. Unfortunately, his arrow misses.

Damiar steps back to make room for others while continuing her song. She draws her bow and trys to fire through the crowd at the strange man. Her shot misses.

Phinellippa steps into the spot that Damiar just vacated and casts a spell. Fortunately, her spell never misses!

The mystery man curses, then retreats around the corner of the house!
Withdraw action, you lose track of him as he goes around the corner.

Round 2

Mystery Man -15
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif
Daimar
Kleines

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar curses, and looking around the house, sees a door to the south.

If it is open, she runs through and opens the door to the back.

Also, can you add me to your combat map? I don't have permission to move on it.


Mosquito Witch

All doors are slightly open throughout the house.

Sorry, fixed the map permissions now!


Mosquito Witch

Damiar runs off through a door, trying to find her way out the back of the house.

Bolded may act.

Round 2

Mystery Man -15
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif

Daimar
Kleines

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Oh no you don't!"

As the Mystery Man bolts around the corner of the house, Shieara calls out a quick prayer to the Lucky Drunk and then takes off after him.
______________

Shieara will cast Longstrider, which bumps her movement speed up to 40 ft :D


Mosquito Witch

Shieara calls on Cayden’s power and then pursues the mystery man.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:

Mystery Man -15
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif

Daimar
Kleines

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 4/4

Seeing Shieara dash off after the man one way and Damiar another, Kleines has a moment of indecision. Damn. Make up your mind, slowpoke! After a beat he turns and runs back through the house, following Damiar. Double move.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa continues into the house, trying to see if she can see the fleeing man. Would it be possible to open this window next round?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees pursues the fleeing man, stopping just short of the corner of the house! Double move.


Mosquito Witch

All of the interior doors are ajar, and the windows are cracked about one foot.

——

Kleines runs after Damiar while Phinellippa runs in the opposite direction.

Phinellippa sees the man look in the window she is at and can hear him curse!

Rees is right behind the fleeing man!

Bolded may act.

Round 2:

Mystery Man -15
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif
Daimar
Kleines


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Sorry for the delay, was traveling today.

Following Garif's instructions to attack the sneaky fellow, Nico chases him around the building and helps to hem him in!

Double move. With a 40' move speed, Nico can get past the enemy to try to keep him from escaping, which seems like a reasonable predator animal thing to do.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Seeing some of his companions rush to the back of the house, Garif moves to join them. Standing next to Phinellippa, he says, "Maybe I can help here..." He then lifts the window open.

Move action to get next to window, move action to open window (assuming it's not locked, etc.)

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,859 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.