The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,991 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Will (DC 12): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Well I'll be, it's a dang ____ !"

Shieara tries to recall what she learned in cleric school about such beings as she drops her sling and moves forward, drawing her longspear. Once she's close enough, she tries to skewer the little pest!

Attack vs. Pest (IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Mosquito Witch

Shieara:
Male quasit
CE Tiny outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)

You would say this one is more powerful than a normal quasit. Judging by the way it is holding that unholy symbol, it is likely a cleric to some god.

Two questions.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

GM:

Hmm...let's go with resistances and special attacks.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"You're responsible for this evil? Then you shall be destroyed by the will of Irori!" Kleines steps toward the creature, bringing his glaive down in a powerful overhand chop! 5ft step, swift action smite, power attack.

CI glaive, PA, smite, inspire courage: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 8 +2 vs. evil
damage, PA, smite, inspire courage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 16 +3 vs. evil or +6 vs. evil outsider, evil dragon, or undead.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

I'm going to use my folio re-roll for this.

re-roll, GM stars: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 5 = 21 +2 vs. evil


Mosquito Witch

Shieara:
DR 5/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10

Special Attacks channel negative energy

Garif asks if anyone recognizes what the creature is and waits for someone to tell him as Nico shows everyone just how fast a runner he is.

Not nearly as fast, Phinellippa decides she should be elsewhere as well. The thing was visible, the others can handle it now!

Rees takes aim and fires! The arrow strikes true, but is no able to hurt the creature.

Shieara drops the sling in favor of her rapier and stabs the creature. It hits but only barely manages to hurt it.

Kleines steps forward and smites it, doing quite a bit of damage! It is nearly dead after that hit.

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage active

Tovril 23 damage
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines
Dalton 25 damage 8 NL damage, stabilized
Garif
Nico

Round 3:

Phinellippa
Tobias
Ekira frightened until round 5

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Going to assume Shieara indicates what it is, and that fire would not be of use against it (since I know what it is).

With Shieara's advice, Garif rubs two of his rough-skinned fingers together, making a sound almost like steel on flint, and produces a fat spark, which he flicks at the miniature foe! He then draws his sling, while watching Nico run further away.

Cast flare (DC 14 Fort save or dazzled for 1 minute), move action to draw sling.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Will Save, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Damiar doesn't remember if ranged attacks against tiny creatures provoke, and she decides that she doesn't care.

Longbow+I.C.: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Cold Iron Damage+IC: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

"Die, foul quasit. Murders, lies, and distrust have been caused by you. We're done here with this despicable behavior!"


Mosquito Witch

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Tovril totally ignores Garif’s spell. Part of the reason may be the arrow that Damiar shot through it.

The shot doesn’t provoke because Tovril doesn’t threaten Damiar.

Combat over

The sherif comes over and cuts off the head, just to make sure it is dead. Then he checks and is pleased to find that Dalton is still alive. He spends a little bit of time tying him up again, then says “Will need to watch this one, slipped out of the ropes once.

He calms the villagers that are in the area and waits for some of the people who were frightened away to return.

When Ekira returns, she seems a bit embarrassed about having run.

Once all of your group and Ekira have returned, Tobias looks to Ekira and says “The evidence they gave, plus the appearance of that!” waving his sword in the direction of the quasit “makes me believe these folks are to be commended for finding the real murderer and their accomplice.

Do you agree?

Ekira looks at the quasit, then Dalton. She hesitates, then says “Yes, it seems they were not responsible for what happened here.

Looking over the quasit you find a scroll, a wand, 4 rubies, and a silver unholy symbol.

Kn: Religion DC 15:
Shax, The Blood Marquis, whose sacred animal is a stork.

The sheriff says “I will want to know what each of those items are — plus any possessions of Dalton — before I can allow your group to keep any of it.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Kn. Religion (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Hmph...Ah'm not surprised. This symbol belongs t' Shax, The Blood Marquis," Shieara snorts with disgust after getting a good look at the unholy symbol. "An' his sacred animal is a danged stork. Guess that answers that part of th' mystery."

When it comes to identifying the other items however, Shieara just shrugs and points to Phinellippa and Damiar. "Dunno, you'd have t' ask them what these things do. Ah'm more interested in what Dalton here has t' say for himself once he wakes up!"


Mosquito Witch

Although puzzled by the stork comment, Tobias points to the unholy symbol and says “That needs to be destroyed, although I don’t mind if you keep the silver slag after our blacksmith melts it down.

Looking to Shieara and then Ekira, he says “If either of you want to make sure it is properly neutralized, I have no objection.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damar gets out her own wand of Identify and then offers to cast if for Phin and herself.

Spellcraft, Identify: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 10 = 20

"I can't figure this one out. Phin, do you want a try at it? I can cast identify for you!"

Well, that was miserable, but maybe Phin will take ten and do much better.

In order to salvage her pride, she casts Read Magic to check out the scroll. "Ooh, I know exactly what it is!"


Mosquito Witch

Damiar does identify the wand...were you looking to Bluff the group? ;)

Damiar recognizes that the wand contains the Undetectable Alignment spell and has 12 charges left.

The scroll contains the spell shield of faith.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Oh, wait a minute, I figured it out! This is a wand of Undetectable Alignment. No wonder Kleines could not detect evil!" Then she points out that the scroll is a spell of Shield of Faith.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Yeah sure, between th' two of us it shouldn't be too hard t' strip it down an' turn it into a nice hunk of slag," Shieara agrees.


Mosquito Witch

Frowning, Tobias says “I will want the wand destroyed in that case. I don’t want anything like that around here!

That and they didn’t include it on the chronicle. :(

He smiles and nods in response to Shieara’s offer.

Ekira is somewhat less enthused. Glaring at Shieara she says “I’ll be watching you, Pathfinder!” There is still more than a little venom in the way she says Pathfinder.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Yeah, okay," Shieara sighs, though she does manage to resist the urge to roll her eyes at the inquisitor. "Whatever helps you sleep at night. Ah'm pretty sure me an' th' rest of my mates here are plenty ready t' hit th' road back to Absalom or wherever they send us next once everythin's accounted for so you won't have t' put up with us for much longer."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines speaks again to Ekira, giving a respectful bow. "I'll not deny that there are some bad seeds in our Society, just as there are in any organization that large. That does not mean, however, that we are all such, and I hope you will someday allow yourself to see the good we are capable of as well. Until then, I wish you peace."


Mosquito Witch

Ekira is about to scoff at what Kleines said, then pauses.

It will take more than a few words to convince me of that. I have seen the traitorous behavior of your society, and a single instance of you evidently not being involved doesn’t change that.

Looking at Tovril’s corpse and then Dalton’s unconscious body, she then says “Perhaps I should give you that chance to convince me though. If that is your wish, we can talk after this mess” gesturing around the area “is cleared up.

With that, she starts seeing that none of the civilians are hurt. She does glare at Phinellippa briefly after talking to the one townsfolk who was frightened by Torvil and then blinded by her spell.

The most straightforward (but not necessary easiest) way to convince Ekira is a Diplomacy check along with some stories of doing good on past Pathfinder missions.
Those wearing the holy symbol of a lawful god can use Kn: Religion and a discussion of religion instead.
I have some latitude here, so if you have a different solution go for it and I will see if I can make it fit in the structure I’m given.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Once the mess is cleaned up, Damiar approaches Ekira. "Fair enough. Would you like to hear stories of our other missions? I and Iovo... Where is Iovo, anyway? Anyway, my sister and I have had a lot of missions together. I've been with this group of Pathfinders for a while, and most of our missions have involved rescues rather than plunder. Would you like to hear some of our stories?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Back straight, she peers at Damiar for a bit.

Stories, no. I am only interested in the truth.” she imperiously replies. Looking down at Damiar, she adds “Are you even capable of telling what happened without embellishments?

Even if she didn’t have the silver holy symbol of Iomedae around her neck, the haughty attitude would have made you suspect who she followed.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"The truth is as Damiar says, most of our missions have ended up being rescues. We saved our friend from a minotaur, we saved a young lady from Galtan kidnappers, we saved another group from Razmiran kidnappers, and another young man from the bandits that had kidnapped him. Along the way, we discovered an ancient temple to Aroden on Kortos, destroyed an undead menace and the necromancer responsible, and exposed the weaponsmith that had been supplying the bandits. Oh, and we met a talking lion statue in a library."

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Mosquito Witch

Looking to Kleines with a bit more respect, she says “Tell me more of the circumstances surrounding the necromancer.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"The necromancer was doing terrible things to gillmen, so we killed him," Garif says, though his tone is rather surly. He's clearly not a fan of Ekira, and he appears to be struggling to keep his eyes from rolling, just as Shieara did.

Diplomacy (aid Damiar): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Although not impressed by his delivery, Ekira does appreciate Garif’s brief but to the point explanation of what happened.

Seeking out and destroying a necromancer and rescuing hostages are not things I would have expected from members of the Pathfinder Society.” she admits. “I may have been too hasty in my judgement.

I will need to meditate on this.

She bids you good day and leaves.

——

Later that day Corwin Burke, Torum Grunsch and Dakota Spire are released from their imprisonment. The sheriff and Ekira both pronounce them innocent of any wrongdoing. The sheriff gives each of them a jar of jam as recompense for the inconvenience caused them. The Pathfinder agents are eager to return to Starrise Spire for their debriefing and hopefully a mission far from Dawnton.

Word spreads in Dawnton that there will still be a hanging, but only one person — Dalton Krunne.

Iovo shows up with a dwarf in tow, explaining “This is the guy who told me about the man with the straggly beard. Sorry it took so long for me to find him.” She just shrugs when she finds out it is all over. “Glad it turned out all right!

As the two of them hear what happened, the dwarf comments “Knew that fellow was no good! Anyone thinking that little bit of fuzz constitutes a beard is not to be trusted!” He wanders off shortly after that.

That is the end of the adventure. Feel free to put in an Easter egg, I will work on the chronicles later this week.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Wasn't the necromancer by the Gillmen already dead when we found him, killed by his own creatures? I was thinking of the one at the funeral in Katheer, who posed as the Pharasman priestess." And what does it say about this world that we've already encountered multiple necromancers, so early in our careers?

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Dang it, misremembered again! I keep lying to Ekira by accident.

Garif makes a shushing gesture as Kleines speaks, looking to be sure that Ekira is well out of earshot. "Yeah, yeah, I think you're right. This is why I try to leave Damiar to tell the stories, and I study the rocks. Though I wouldn't mind studying those jars of jam the sheriff has - you think we could convince one of the freed Pathfinders to part with one, since we got them out?"

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50
GM Bret wrote:

Back straight, she peers at Damiar for a bit.

Stories, no. I am only interested in the truth.” she imperiously replies. Looking down at Damiar, she adds “Are you even capable of telling what happened without embellishments?

Even if she didn’t have the silver holy symbol of Iomedae around her neck, the haughty attitude would have made you suspect who she followed.

Damiar sighs with relief when Ekira leaves. Still under the Zone of Truth, she admits, "No, I'm not really capable of telling what happened without embellishments! What kind of bard does she think I am?"

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Man, Ah knew that Iomedae's flock could be kinda uptight 'bout some things but she really took th' cake," Shieara sighs with relief after Ekira makes her departure. But then an unusually pensive look creeps over her face.

"She said Pathfinders were t' blame for what happened t' Kenabres. Ah know some of those demons got into people's minds an' all but it wasn't their fault. But Ah guess that's a hard pill t' swallow if a person lost friends, family, or comrades because of it," Shieara remarks sadly. "Ah know redemption an' forgiveness are more in Sarenrae an' Shelyn's wheelhouse but Ah hope maybe one day she'll be able t' forgive."


Mosquito Witch

Bump!

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Bump!

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

A summary of the last adventure (in case you forgot):

In the last adventure (Devil We Know, part 1: Shipyard Rats), you were asked by Venture-Captain Themis of Cassomir to locate a recently kidnapped Pathfinder named Cestis. At the same time, she introduced you to a timid young man named Nefti, explaining that he was the assistant to an Aspis Consortium agent named Kafar who was kidnapped from a secret auction along with the Cestis. Nefti's guided you to a closed dockside tavern where he suspected they were being held. There you fought some druids and their dire rate companions, and found Kafar (but not Cestis). You learned that the rest were taken to a ship docked at a nearby wharf.
Following the trail, you fought a group of half-orc monks guarding another group of prisoners, though Cestis was not among these either. Out of clues, you were attacked by an evil cleric and her undead guards just as you were making ready to leave the ship, and after defeating her you learned the location of another secret hiding place below a nearby warehouse where the remaining captives may be held.

In the first layer of the basement, you found more druids and more rats. Below, you found Dalirio, cleric of groetus and leader of the cult, along with some heucuva minions, guarding dozens of captives, including your missing Pathfinder.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Now:

Venture-Captain Hestia Themis, a woman of small stature, but great importance within Cassomir, sweeps locks of thick, raven hair away from her face. Just as she starts to speak, shrill horns bellow an alarm. Hestia pauses for the signal to quiet, a look of annoyance on her face. As the trumpeting ring fades, her booming voice continues. “Colleagues, the city of Cassomir declared a state of emergency this morning. Late last night, a swarm of rats poured into Cassomir’s streets, spilling from every sewer grate within the Old Cassomir district. As the city guards dealt with this infestation, a large assault force of derros penetrated Swift Prison. Within a few hours, the derros emptied the Swift, and marched their new slaves into the Darklands. Normally we defer incidents like this to the authorities, but I offered our assistance.

There’s an item of interest, a church bell called the bell of obedience, that may reside in Swift Prison’s chapel. We want to catalogue it and may never have another opportunity to explore the Swift unsupervised. While investigating the derro invasion, head to the chapel and inspect the bell. If possible, I want you to determine whether the Chapel’s bell is in fact the legendary bell of obedience without taking it from the prison. Cassomir’s constabulary is as of this moment fighting Cult of Nature’s Cataclysm devotees at the south entrance to the prison. The constabulary agreed to distract the cultists there so that you might approach the Swift from its north side and enter the prison from the south gate behind the cultists.”

At that moment, a teenage boy enters through the Cassomir Lodge’s front door and Themis gestures him over. “You remember Nefti. Though he works with the Aspis Consortium, he helped us rescue a fellow Pathfinder when this derro business began. It seems Nefti happened to be serving a debtor’s term inside the Swift when the abductions took place. For his testimony to last night’s events we secured his release. He agreed to escort you to a spot north of the Swift where he will tell you all he knows. Any questions?”

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Some things you might know. No time for gathering information, I'm afraid!

Knowledge (local) re: the bell:
DC 10:
Spoiler:
The Swift chapel's bell is knicknamed the Bell of Obedience. Former prisoners tell tales of it's soothing ring.

DC 15:
Spoiler:
Prisoners skilled in magic swear the bell strongly radiates arcane power from the school of enchantment.

DC 20:
Spoiler:
A bell dating back to the time of old Azlant is rumored to make those who hear its clear ring susceptible to suggestion.

DC 25:
Spoiler:
Some whisper that human hands did not construct the bell, but rather that the aberrant masters of a once mighty empire crafted it.

Knowledge (local) re: the Swift kidnappings:
DC 10:
Spoiler:
The rats that have been plagueing the city came from the sewers under Cassomir. Some folks say Nature's Cataclysm druids sent the rats as the city's punishment for greedily taking too much blackwood for their shipbuilding industries.

DC 15:
Spoiler:
A decayed, smelly undead creature ordered several mangy humans to stay behind and harass any who attempted to enter the keep.

DC 20:
Spoiler:
After the derros abandoned the Swift, two humans who weren't prisoners or guards were seen skulking about the Swift's chapel.

DC 25:
Spoiler:
The derros rounded up the entire population of Swift Prison, but after meeting with a wealthy-looking human they released one individual into his custody.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Knowledge (local) for Bell: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Knowledge (local) for Swift: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

How long do you think we will have to examine this bell? I’m not as good when it comes to the Enchantment school of magic.

Iovo then shares what she knows of the Bell and happenings at Swift Prison.

Any idea who might have been able to pay off the derro?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"I'm afraid not, Iovo," the Venture-Captain responds. "There are plenty of people in Cassomir that fit that description. As for the bell, I'm hoping you can get at least a few minutes with it to record as many details as possible. While I would love to have official license to examine it properly, this will have to be a rush job, I'm afraid."

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Yeah, I've got a question, Garif thinks to himself, Could you possibly come up with a crazier plan for us to go look at what might be a magic bell than to do it in the middle of a fight with mad cultists at a during a prison break?

Rather than expressing this thought, however, he lays a hand on Nico's thick fur and says, "Not sure how much you'll like this trip, old fellow. But perhaps we'll find that the prison is constructed of some interesting stone, eh? I expect a prison would be grey and dull, but perhaps it's a nice pink granite, with lots of feldspar in it? More likely it's dark with biotite. At any rate, it seems it'll have rats for you to chase."

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees nods slowly, as if understanding and echoing Garif's unspoken thought.

Gotta get back into this character!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Phinellippa knows exactly the same things as Iovo!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Huh. So what'd th' derro want with a buncha pris'ners, anyway?" Shieara asks as she folds her arms across her chest. "Wouldn't it have been easier t' just snatch people off th' streets last night? Plenty'a chaos I'd bet, wouldn't have been too hard. Unless someone else was wantin' a look at that bell an' the pris'ners were just a handy payment..."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

"There were people seen snooping around the chapel." Iovo points out. "I'm a little unclear about the timing of that though."

She pauses, thinking. "If the prisoners had been there for a while, the derro might have found them easy pickings. They might have already had the fight beaten out of them."

Looking to Phinellipa, she then asks "Assuming we have time, do you want to pick up a wand of Identify or shall I?"

Limited time to inspect the bell, Enchantment is in both of our opposition schools. Might be a good time.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

I can pick it up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

When Phinellippa points to herself, Iovo nods and says “I will get the next one then, whatever that turns out to be.

Looking to Venture-Captain Hestia Themis, she then says “So only two objectives? Investigate the bell in the chapel and investigate the derro invasion?

Anything specific you want us to find out about the invasion?

With a concerned look, she inquires “Are we doing to pursue the derro if there is a chance of rescuing the prisoners? They may have committed crimes, but that doesn’t mean they deserve the life of a derro slave!

Turning towards Nefti, Iovo smiles at him and asks “Why can’t you tell us what you know now? It might make a difference in what we want to bring with.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"All of this is good planning, but remember that you also need to investigate the kidnapping and rescue the captives, if possible. Our offer of help is what gets us access to the bell, after all."

You can quickly make a purchase or two if you'd like, but time is fairly limited here. Let me know when you're ready to go.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo nods in understanding.

Smiling brightly, she announces “Ready!

——

As the group leaves the lodge, Iovo uses her wand to provide Mage Armor for herself and Nico. With everything happening in town, she figures there is a reasonable chance something will happen on the way to the prison.

Adjusting my profile for Mage Armor now so I don’t forget!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Eh, Ah hate these 'rush in an' hope for th' best' jobs but what can y'do?" Shieara sighs as she shoulders her pack and hefts her longspear. "Can't let them people be carted off like a buncha livestock! So Ah reckon Ah'm ready t' go unless there's somethin' one of y'all think we should nab right quick."
______________

I'm a bit stymied on ideas for good consumable-type purchases at the moment but I'll gladly take suggestions for now or a future time~

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

I have a wand of identify already on Damiar, if that matters. I finally leveled her, and now need to get my character up to date on the site.

Knowledge Local (Bell): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Damiar nods at the bits of knowledge that Phin and Iovo have already confirmed. "I went ahead and bought a new cloak and a new belt for the journey, and picked up another wand. Shall we go?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

GM screen:

N: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
D: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
S: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
I: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
R: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
G: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Y-yes, alright." Nefti leads you through twisting back alleys and side streets, avoiding nearby skirmishes between guards and cultists you can hear near the prison. Stopping just shy of Swift Prison's norther gate, he gestures toward the nearby walls and the ramshackle buildings within. "Th-this is as far as I go" the nervous boy says. "Beyond the Swift's thick gates are the Ismacco tunnels. Deep below the keep, within the sewers, the d-derros are marching the guards and prisoners into the depths of G-g-golarion. Be careful, though. I'm sure some of those Nature's Cataclysm freaks are still roaming the grounds!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

How do you know this?

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,991 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.