The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,984 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

So far no one has aided Kleines Diplomacy.

We will need a separate Diplomacy for Shieara’s mention of the button since that is a separate piece of evidence.

Perception:

Damiar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Low light
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Dark vision, Stonecunning
Kleines: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Low light, Scent
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Low light
Rees: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Low light
Shieara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Garif, Phinellippa:
At mention of the button, you notice it is the same type as on Dalton’s vest.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Oh...an' it don't match anythin' any of us have either," Shieara adds almost as an afterthought.

Diplomacy (Button): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
______________

I'm going to wait (and try to reread) more of the rumors and evidence before making an Aid Roll for Kleines; I went ahead and rolled a primary check for the button issue since it demands its own roll.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"That's right. The owner of the button is who we should be looking for. Whoever that is surely knows something."

Diplomacy to aid Shieara re: button: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

”Actually, if you examine the color palette and material of the button closely, you’ll notice it exactly matches those on Dalton’s vest!”

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Mosquito Witch

The sheriff and Ekira are both surprised by Phinellippa’s statement and look over at Dalton.

The sheriff goes over to the man and looks at his vest. Poking at it, he says “Seems there is a button missing.

He then looks at the button that Shieara has and admits “Certainly looks like the same sort of button to me. Strange, it being found at Otto’s farm like that.” He glances over at Dalton as he says that.

Ekira mumbles a quiet “The other Pathfinders might have stolen it and left it at the scene.

Sense Motive, DC 8:
Bluff, unlikely: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 5 = 8
She is grasping here and knows it. You don’t think she really believes the other Pathfinders left it there, but isn’t quite willing to admit she might have been wrong.

The sheriff just shakes his head at that comment.

The crowd is commenting on the button and trying to remember when Dalton got in town. There are several that think he came in around the time of the murders.

Dalton remains silent on the topic. Maybe it is just he remembers what the sheriff said about interrupting the other side?

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar voluntarily fails her save.

Diplomacy to aid Kleines: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"Does it match? Oh, well-spotted! Perhaps Dalton can tell us what he was doing at the farm? Dalton, did you write those notes? I surely didn't."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Ekira, do you honestly believe that of us? I will admit to being many things... a drinker, a dancer, a singer of songs in bar halls. But I look you in the eyes and speak to you in your zone of truth. I am neither a murderer nor a button thief."


Mosquito Witch

At Damiar’s comment, the sheriff says “It seems none of them wrote it Ekira.

She doesn’t comment any further on the letter. Given her past behavior, you suspect if she had a reason to reject it she would.

You hear a few comments from the crowd wondering what the letters say.

When Damiar challenges her though, Ekira says “It was Pathfinder treachery responsible for the fall of Kenabres. Why wouldn’t I believe you capable of murder?” It seems she really believes this.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

That was soooo confusing. I didn't see the spoiler for Garif and Phin, and I was trying to figure out how we suddenly knew the buttons matched. Now I get it.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Garif sees right through Ekira's grasping, half-hearted bluff, and echoes Damiar's thought, "You don't really believe that we stole the button, Ekira, any more than the sheriff - or anyone else here - believes we wrote those letters. And speaking of the letters, if anyone else wishes to look at them, they're welcome to, they only support the case that someone wished to make the Pathfinders look guilty for the crimes committed here."

Turning again to Ekira, one calloused fist grasping his beard in frustration, Garif asks, "And what does the fall of Kenabres have to do with this place, or these crimes? I don't know what you believe happened there, but it has no bearing on what happened here - and it certainly doesn't prove that my friends and I committed any crimes, when in fact we were the victim's of Dalton's attack!"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar pauses, thinking about the summary of evidence that her sister, Iovo, presented to the group. Where is Iovo, anyway?

"There is the matter of the noise that Kleines investigated. Think about this. Isn't it a little surprising that somebody could sleep through the likely screams of somebody being flayed? The house isn't right next to the tree where the body was found, but it's not that far either. Perhaps if somebody slept really deeply..." Then Damiar shakes her head. "No, wait. How likely is that, really?" Damiar looks at the crowd, and peers at Ekira. "Isn't it more likely that the body was moved after being killed? This would have taken time, and likely happened before the first group of Pathfinders arrived in town."

Diplomacy, Noise at the Farm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Damiar looks to the crowd, and spots Orug. "Are you sure about what you witnessed earlier? It's easy to make a mistake, especially when someone is trying to actively mislead you." Damiar glances over at Dalton and then looks beseechingly at Orug. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Diplomacy, Orug's Testimony: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees sighs in what seems like relief when the familiar tingling of a truth-spell creeps across his skin. Finally, someone is thinking! He lets the spell wash over him, knowing that to resist would result in a tortuously painful death. He lowers his bow, but keeps his eye on the bound man suspiciously as the others speak.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Ma'am, it may very well be that Pathfinders were to blame for Kenabres. Like all mortals, we fall short of The Perfect Man's example, and our Society is certainly far from faultless. That does not mean, however, that we particular Pathfinders are guilty, nor does it mean that our comrades in the jail are." He closes his eyes for a moment, then continues. "I will not claim to be wise, nor will I claim to have been the brightest student, but even I could see the moment I walked into the Tempering Hall how important justice is to your faith. And so I ask you, is this justice? Is it justice to make up your mind before hearing anyone speak? Is it justice to hold these lives forfeit, despite the letters and the buttons and the lack of noise at the farm and all the other evidence, to refuse to consider even the possibility of innocence, all because some other person bearing the name Pathfinder may have committed evil elsewhere?"

Diplomacy to aid Damiar re: farm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Mosquito Witch

They are right.” the sheriff says. “If the body was moved, then the murder would have happened while that group of dwarves and the halfling were elsewhere.

The crowd generally seems to agree.

Ekira thinks a bit, then says “We still have Orug as witness to a murder.

Everyone turns to Orug.

Secret GM rolls:

Perception
Damiar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Low light
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Dark vision, Stonecunning
Kleines: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Low light, Scent
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Low light
Rees: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Low light

SoH: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
S: 1d20 + 18 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 20 = 53

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13

Forgot!
Shieara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Rees:
You don’t know what is going on, but it looked like Dalton just drank something that healed most of his wounds.

Orug comes to the edge of the crowd.

Need to give Rees a chance to respond, or at least read that spoiler for him.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees narrows his emerald eyes and glances around, wondering if anyone else caught the prisoner's activity. Seeing no sign that anyone else did, he sets his face grimly and tries to decide what to do. If I call attention to him, he'll almost certainly make his move. If I do nothing...

DM:
Would you allow Rees to "ready" an action, even though we're not in initiative? Or is this more like "when we roll initiative, Rees gets to act in any surprise round"?

Further action pending DM's response. Should be able to post again today, this evening at the latest.


Mosquito Witch

Rees:
Ready an action does not work, but you will get an action in the surprise round. The reason I do not allow Ready is it is specifically an initiative action. In my opinion those can only be done after initiative has been rolled.

Orug begins to tell what he saw. “Well now, most of you have heard this but I guess the sheriff wants me to repeat it all official and such.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Yeah, Orug!

So there I was, watching the murderer tower over the poor fellow...

Sense Motive, DC 7:
Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Orug has a reputation for story telling, and something about what he said makes you think he might have just attempted to use Bardic license to make the story better.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Sir, we all appreciate your flair for the dramatic. When this is all over, I would be love to sit and listen to you tell stories over a pot of tea. Meaning no offense, however, I think we need to stick to the simple, unadorned truth for right now, if you please."

Diplomacy to avoid giving offense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Mosquito Witch

The sheriff chuckles at Kleines request.

Ekira glares at Orug, obviously less amused.

Well, um, alright. I didn’t really see the attack, more like heard it. I did see someone run away, taller than me.” He holds his hand up to indicate a height of a little over 6’.

He thinks a bit. “Came looking because I heard a scream and a sound like something falling.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

While Shieara listens to Orug give his testimony - hopefully now free of embellishments - she tries to think through each of his statements.

Taller than himself...that'd be someone pretty tall, if he saw it right. Are any of the jailed Pathfinders that tall? And what about Dalton?

She eyes Dalton, trying to guess if he'd fit the bill for being as tall as the mysterious murderer.

A scream and something falling? Not the victim, they were dead already when they got moved out to the farm, right?

"Did th' scream sound like someone in pain or like they got surprised by somethin'?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch
Shieara Enric wrote:


Taller than himself...that'd be someone pretty tall, if he saw it right. Are any of the jailed Pathfinders that tall? And what about Dalton?

The Pathfinder prisoners are Corwin Burke (a halfling), Torum Grunsch (a dwarf) and Dakota Spire (another dwarf). None of them are over 5’ 4”.

Dalton is very tall and slender, he is certainly taller than Orug — might be slightly over six foot tall.

Shieara:
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Looking at Dalton, the bruise you gave him on the head and some of his other injuries are no longer apparent. You don’t think he was in that good of health when you brought him here.

Orug replies “Sounded like a cry of pain and then a flour sack being dropped. That is about as good as I can describe it.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Wait...he ought to have a knot the size of a goose egg after I hit him. What's the deal?

"Huh...well then, iffin yer sure you saw someone that tall then that's another hole in th' original story since th' other Pathfinders sittin' in jail ain't nowhere near that tall," Shieara replies. "An' if th' victim was already dead an' just got moved out t' yer place then it couldn't have been him that hollered like that. Had to have been whoever put him there in th' first place."

Almost conversationally, she continues, "Mebbe whoever put him there slipped an' took a tumble outta th' tree th' body was hangin' from. Trees're rough an' scratchy, easy t' catch yer clothes an' all on 'em even if you don't fall an' leave bits of 'em behind. Like buttons."


Mosquito Witch

There were initially two murders, one in town and one where the body was left at the farm. The one in town was the one that Orug ‘saw’ and had the dagger from one of the Pathfinders left at the scene.

Sorry for the confusion on that point, it is very easy to get confused about this.

There is also a third murder that was in town using Garif’s dagger.


Mosquito Witch

Just after Shieara says that, a dagger falls to the ground at Dalton’s feet!

The sheriff quickly calls out “Get that weapon away from him! Take him alive!

Perception:

Damiar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Low light
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Dark vision, Stonecunning
Kleines: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Low light, Scent
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Low light
Rees: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Low light
Shieara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Damiar, Garif, Phinellippa, Rees:
The dagger just appeared in mid air and fell.

Initiative:

Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Nico: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dalton: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Tovril: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Surprise round:

Rees
Shieara

Dalton

Round 1:

Phinellippa
Nico
Tovril
Rees
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines
Dalton
Garif

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Never, ever, say "at the latest"...

Rees, still pondering what to do about the prisoner's surreptitious action, nonetheless reacts immediately when the dagger appears. Got to get him away from it!

With barely a thought, the elf charges forward, ramming the unexpecting man solidly in the chest, and drawing his own dagger as he runs! Charging bull rush. Should at least get him away from the dagger on the ground, though I'm not sure which square it's in. I have moved Rees, but not Dalton; please move him the appropriate amount for the result of the bull rush versus his flat-footed CMD. Rees will elect to move with him.

Charging Bull Rush vs Flat-footed (charge, favored enemy): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

What the-? Is he stupid??

Though surprised that Dalton would try any funny business in front of half the town, Shieara had been around enough to know that people did some crazy things if they were feeling desperate enough. As Rees charges forward and barrels into the the man she quickly follows up with a spell and then points at Dalton.

"Halt!"
______________

Shieara casts Command on Dalton; DC 13 Will save~


Mosquito Witch

Bull Rush to move villager: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10 Nope

Rees pushes Dalton up against one of the villagers with a pitchfork! Fortunately the pitchfork was upright.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shieara gives a magically infused command to Dalton, trying to prevent him from moving. Unfortunately he is able to resist the effects.

Dalton releases the ropes that were supposed to be restraining him, reaches down and grabs the dagger off the ground.
Provoking from Rees

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Rees AoO on Dalton
Phinellippa
Nico
Would he have had the guard or heel command coming here?
Tovril
Rees
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines
Dalton
Garif


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico, having been lazily licking a paw while the two-legs make their endless noises, looks up in mild surprise when they all begin charging about. With an exaggerated feline sigh, the great cat glances at Garif and seems to raise one furry eyebrow in a question: Something I should do here, or can I get back to my grooming?

Nico doesn't have either of those commands, and will have to wait for Garif to prompt him to act, so he'll delay for now.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa shifts her weight from foot to foot nervously.

"He's in the middle of a crowd! I can't target him!"

Phinellippa readies to cast hypnotic pattern if Dalton ends up in a position where a 10 foot radius spread hits him but no one else.

Dc 18 Will save, affecting 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11 HD.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees jabs at the man as he grabs the dagger! Does Rees have a flank with the armed villager? If so, please add +2 to his attack roll.

AoO (favored enemy): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Damage?: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


Mosquito Witch

I assume that is a punch which provokes.
The way I read the scenario, the crowd does not provide flank in this case.

The crowd has special rules.
You move at 1/4 speed through the crowd unless you can make an Intimidate check or CMB to move people out of the way. If you succeed at the check, you can treat them as difficult terrain.
They are not considered an angry mob. With Damiar and Kleines, I don't think it would be possible for the group to get to the point where it is an angry mob. :)
I believe the intent is the crowd only provides flank if they are angry -- and then to the wrong side.

Phinellippa warns people that she needs room for her spell!

Nico continues to groom himself, glad that none of the noisy people are bothering him.

Rees tries to punch Dalton as he is attempting to grab the dagger. Dalton narrowly dodges the attack. He follows up by trying to trip Rees as he grabs the dagger.
CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Well, you think it might have been an attempt to trip. Either that or he really likes Rees's pants.

You hear someone say "Keep at it, Dalton!" from above Rees's head. Dalton seems encouraged by the words.
stealth: 1d20 + 18 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 20 = 55

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Phinellippa Readied action to cast
Nico Waiting for orders
Tovril
Rees
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines

Dalton Inspired +2 Attack, Skills, ability checks, saves
Garif

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"There's no need for this, Dalton! Just put down the knife!" Kleines rushes up to Dalton. Though he draws his glaive as he moves, he moves all the way up to the man and tries to knock him out with a quick punch.

Improved unarmed strike (nonlethal), power attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
damage: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

AoOs if provoked:

AoOs vs. Dalton or any other townsfolk will be attempted non-lethally:

Improved unarmed strike, power attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

CI glaive, power attack, non-lethal: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 - 4 = 6
damage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

That was a stab with the dagger Rees drew.


Mosquito Witch

@Rees: Sorry, had missed the part about drawing the dagger as you charged. Good thing he missed, less to retcon.

Kleines draws his glaive as he moves up next to Dalton. Then much to the fellows dismay, he removes one of his hands from the weapon in order to punch him in the face!

Did you put both hands back on the glaive after that? Since you have IUS, my understanding is you can always kick.

It looks like Rees wasn’t healed since the previous battle?

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Phinellippa Readied action to cast
Nico Waiting for orders
Tovril
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar

Kleines
Dalton 0 damage 8 NL damage Inspired +2 Attack, Skills, ability checks, saves
Garif

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

So... how is the invisible flying guy managing to use Stealth while being observed? (PRD: "If people are observing you using any of their senses (but typically sight), you can't use Stealth.")

Rees gives up on stabbing and draws his bow instead, taking a step back and firing it point-blank into Dalton's face!

Attack (favored enemy, PBS): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Extra Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7, 5) + 4 + 2 = 18


Mosquito Witch

Full concealment allows stealth. Invisibility gives full concealment. Am I missing something there? I know that the stealth rules are a mess, but my understanding was that concealment or cover allowed stealth.

I assume you dropped the dagger.

Watching the dagger fall, Dalton gives an evil smile and quips “If you didn’t want it, you could have just given it to me,

Rees steps back and shoots! Dalton goes down, bleeding from the wound.

Tobias and Ekira move to protect and control the crowd.

Someone in the crowd says “Hey, he had my dagger! How did he do that!” The person points to Dalton’s body.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Phinellippa Readied action to cast
Nico Waiting for orders
Tovril
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar

Kleines
Dalton 25 damage 8 NL damage not stabilized Inspired +2 Attack, Skills, ability checks, saves
Garif

Round 2:

Phinellippa Was Readied action to cast, doesn’t look like the conditions will be fulfilled

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Yeah, I meant the punch more as flavor. Kleines would have made his IUS in such a way to still be able to use the glaive as needed, if possible.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

If he's actively inspiring courage verbally, we're observing him. Per the quote above, you can't use Stealth while being observed (by any sense) -- regardless of concealment.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

I'm not sure where I come down on the stealth question here - but it does seem that at the very least we should be able to target the square where the voice is coming from, so I'll post based on that. If you disagree, Bret, I'll revise.

Seeing Dalton fall, Garif knows the sneaky fellow still has an ally - an even sneakier one, it seems - somewhere nearby. Since the dagger fell from above, and the voice came from above, Garif points at the spot he last heard the voice and calls out, "Nico, attack!

He then moves a bit closer to the fray and casts a spell to keep Dalton from bleeding to death from Rees' arrow to his face.

Free action to handle Nico, move action to get closer, standard to cast stabilize on Dalton.


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

At Garif's command, Nico takes one last lick at his paw, then bounds forward, his nose twitching eagerly for his prey!

Move action to get closer, standard to attack the square above where Rees was before he moved. If the target is in a different square within 5' of Nico, he will know from his Scent ability and will attack that square instead.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
50% Miss chance, low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 69

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Son of a-there's someone else here somewheres!" Shieara calls out as the mysterious voice rings out from somewhere above. She quickly draws out her sling and peers around, looking for the source - or at least a general direction.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Mosquito Witch

Taking discussion of Stealth and Invisibilty to Discussion. I am going to wait to update for a little bit so people can read and respond to that.


Mosquito Witch

Garif commands Nico and then moves to save the life of Dalton.

Nico goes bounding over to where Garif indicated and swats at the dirt. He then looks back at Garif, as if to say ‘but there is nothing here!’

Shieara makes her opinion known of Dalton’s sneaky accomplice. She gets out a sling and tries to figure out where the invisible foe is with no success.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Phinellippa
Tovril
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines
Dalton 25 damage 8 NL damage, stabilized
Garif
Nico

Round 2:

Phinellippa

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"Invisible, huh. I can do something about that!"

Phinellippa readies to cast glitterdust as soon as she has an indication where the invisible person is. She will avoid getting others in the radius if possible, but will if necessary.

DC 16 Will save to avoid the blindness.


Mosquito Witch

Phinellippa announces she has a solution to the invisible creature and gets ready to demonstrate it.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:

Tovril
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines
Dalton 25 damage 8 NL damage, stabilized
Garif
Nico

Round 2:

Phinellippa Readied action to cast

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar sings to inspire courage.

♫ Yeah, he'll be blinded by the light... ♫

1 to attack, damage, etc

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

She tries to listen for it, but her own singing gets in the way.


Mosquito Witch

Damiar starts her song and looks around for any signs of an invisible opponent.

Tovril barely manages to avoid gloating as they move into position. They then start their spell, which unfortunately for them gives off black wisps of magical energy. Spotting the energy right next to Damiar, Phinellippa uses her spell!

Will vs Glitterbomb!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Then it releases the energy which expands out in a 30’ radius!
DC 12 Will save, fear effect. Cause Fear in an area! Success, shaken 1 round, Fail frightened 1d4 rounds.
Those close enough to Kleines, remember his Aura of Courage

Bah! Killed my toy, and now you’ve covered me with this horrible glitter! I am not amused!

There is now a tiny creature in your midst! It is flying just above the ground, evidently wanting to get as many as it could in the effect.
Knowledge: Planes to identify.

Phinellippa, please place your Glitterdust spell.

Tobias save, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
Ekira, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Frightened: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Villagers fail the save to make things easy.

Ekira and most of the crowd turn and run away!
Tobias gets a grim look on his face and says “Now that we don’t need alive. I will help you destroy it!

Bolded may act.

Round 2:
Inspire Courage active

Tovril Glitterdusted for the rest of its time here...
Rees 9 damage
Shieara
Damiar
Kleines

Dalton 25 damage 8 NL damage, stabilized
Garif
Nico

Round 3:

Phinellippa
Tobias
Ekira frightened until round 5

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Will, +2 vs spells and SLA's, Aura of Courage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

Garif, seeing the tiny figure, scoffs and says, "That little thing means to frighten me? Hmmph!" Looking to his companions, he calls out, "Any of you know what this little troublemaker is? More particularly, can I harm it with fire?"

Not acting yet, since I've got a while in initative. Anyone who identifies it, would be helpful to know if I can harm it with flaming sphere.

DM Bret - is the tiny creature the little frowny face on the map?


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Will, Aura of Courage: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11 Rats, if only Inspire and Aura stacked...
Frightened duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Nico leaps up in the air as only a startled cat can, his fur bristling and his back arched. Without even looking back at whatever scared him, he bounds away, quickly passing Ekira and the fleeing townsfolk!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Looks like I'll have to catch one townsperson in the area. Phinellippa will buy them a beer later!

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Oh no! DO we roll our own duration, or same as Ekira's?

Panic strikes Phinellippa and she turns to run!


Mosquito Witch

Roll your own duration,

Yes, the Red frowny face is the villain.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

frightened duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The gnome takes off running!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Will (aura of courage): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 = 15

Rees grimaces at the creature's foolish attempt to frighten him, then moves closer and fires his bow at the thing!

Attack (PBS, inspire, shaken): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,984 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.