The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,151 to 2,200 of 3,013 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Farm is Rees' plan.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Summary of where I think people are going:
Iovo and Damiar: Beer Gardens
Kleines, Phinellippa, Rees: Farm
Garif, Shieara: Inquisitor

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Sounds good, let's go with that.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

♫ Welcome to Garden
We're all glad you're here
My name's Damiar
What, you can't say that?
Have another beer!

I'm here with my twin
The bouncy Iovo
She leaps, she bounds...
All who try to catch her
Find that they're too slow!

We're playing at the Garden
So lend us all your ears
Or perhaps some coins
We thirsty performers
Need to buy some beers!

We'd love to hear your stories
As you drown your tears
So gather round sweet dearies
(But maybe not that close
Really, not that close)
Why don't you buy more beers? ♫

Damiar starts a rowdy drinking song while everyone claps, and then listens to more drunken stories.

Perform Sing or Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

+2 from the prior bonus Rob gave us, if it matters!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Iovo finds hersrelf having to dodge more hands than expected after her sister encourages the patrons to try and catch her. She does toss her sister an “I’ll remember this!” look shortly after her sister sings of others chasing her.

She joins in on the songs, especially the choruses. She is friendly to the people, happy to be out in the crowds. She doesn’t have quite as much energy as she did in the fairgrounds, but it has been a rather active day!

Diplomacy and Sing are same bonus, bonus from last performance: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

Avoiding notice
Bluff, no really I’m just a performer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
A few people notice she is a little too quick to try and collect up more rumors about the murder.


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

At the Beer Garden

Daimar and Iovo, the Elf Twins. I can't help but be reminded of this. Probably not acrobatic enough.

It's the morning, so the crowd is still building... but the festive atmosphere (it's an execution, after all, so there's much party to be had) has more people showing up to the beer garden early in the morning than many might consider appropriate. (They're all saying, "We like beer, OK? We like beer!") The people are happy to see the elf twins, and indeed both of them end up with several free beers.

Suffice to say that as noon approaches, many in the beer garden are substantially more inebriated than they had been the previous day; something about the song, for whatever unfathomable reason, seemed to inspire people to buy more beer.

Drunk beer garden attendees make for wagging tongues. Indeed, as Iovo is a wee bit too obvious asking the questions one of the others present, a dwarf who has a jolly look on his face, complete with red bulbuous nose and rosy cheeks--- except when he catches himself, and then he looks dour, but only briefly--- says to her, "Ya know, you keep asking these questions, and some folks seem to be noticing it. This guy...."

The dwarf looks around a bit, but doesn't see the guy he's looking for. "Human fellow. Black hair, little tiny bit of hair under his chin in the most pathetic excuse for a wannabe-beard that I've ever seen. I mean, if you aren't gonna grow a real one, why not just shave it? This little sprit of hair just under the middle of your lower lip.... Anyway, as I was sayin', he seems to have notice you asking questions--- are you here with other people? He asked about... um, I forget. But, I heard him asking somebody about who you folk were and where you were from. Want another beer?"

Iovo and Daimar do pick up some jucy tidbits from the chatter around the beer garden:

Beer Garden Rumor #3: Orug Foram discovered the second victim in front of his general store. He says he fought the murderer before he escaped, but has been known to stretch a point in the name of a good story.

This comes as no surprise to you; you heard the story from him first-hand about how he found it... and you probably guessed from how he talked that he liked to aggrandize the truth a bit.

Beer Garden Rumor #4: Another stranger, this one tall and quiet with a patch of hair missing from the back of his head, has been in town for about as long as the Pathfinders have. He sometimes asks more questions about the accused than is considered seemly in these parts.

(This latter guy is the same guy that the drunken dwarf was talking to Iovo about.)


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

At the Heath and Harvest

Garif and Shieara

The dwarf and the elf head down to the common room of the inn in town. The pub is has a few customers, but as the morning wears on towards midday, the number of customers pick up quite a bit. The festive atmosphere in town -- as noted before, there's hardly anything more exciting than an execution as an event for the whole family to attend -- has brought a lot of visitors, and the pub is happily doing a lot of business.

As the two of them walk into the room and look around, in a corner table, sitting by herself, they see a woman who matches the description of the inquisitor in town. She has a holy symbol of Iomedae, short blond hair, and the sternest looking face you can imagine. As you approach the table, she looks up at the two of you. "Yes?" she asks in a no-nonsense, serious tone.


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

At Otto's Farm

Kleines, Phinellippa, Rees

Perception DC 24:

Once along the trek out, and at least once while at Otto's farm, you notice a stork -- it looks like the same one -- that seems to be watching you.

Otto's farm, a few miles down the road, is easy to find, as there's a large yellow octagonal sign. The farmlands are currently unplanted, about ten acres worth. At the center of the fields is a farmhouse, with a line of trees along the west side forming a windbreak.

As you approach the farmhouse, a man steps out and sees you approaching. At a distance of about 40ft, you see a powerfully built, somewhat squat, clean-shaven man in his thirties. "Don't want no visitors here!" he calls out. "You're trespassing! Get yourselves off of my land right now!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor
Rob the GM wrote:

Drunk beer garden attendees make for wagging tongues. Indeed, as Iovo is a wee bit too obvious asking the questions one of the others present, a dwarf who has a jolly look on his face, complete with red bulbuous nose and rosy cheeks--- except when he catches himself, and then he looks dour, but only briefly--- says to her, "Ya know, you keep asking these questions, and some folks seem to be noticing it. This guy...."

The dwarf looks around a bit, but doesn't see the guy he's looking for. "Human fellow. Black hair, little tiny bit of hair under his chin in the most pathetic excuse for a wannabe-beard that I've ever seen. I mean, if you aren't gonna grow a real one, why not just shave it? This little sprit of hair just under the middle of your lower lip.... Anyway, as I was sayin', he seems to have notice you asking questions--- are you here with other people? He asked about... um, I forget. But, I heard him asking somebody about who you folk were and where you were from. Want another beer?"

Iovo thanks the dwarf for the beer, setting it down a few minutes later in front of someone else,

Where does he think we are from? We are elves! We are from the elvish homelands!

Time to misdirect with some truth it seems,

Iovo makes an exaggerated effort, looking around. She then tells her drinking buddy the dwarf “Actually, we travel a lot and people like to hear news from other places. This is the sort of thing people want to hear about!...especially people like Venture-Captain Jorsal.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Why bother?: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Kleines stops when asked, and calls back to the man. "Forgive us, sir, we intend no harm to you or your land. We wish to speak with you, and to see the evidence of the foul deed perpetrated here with our own eyes. We have just come from the mayor, who gave us leave to conduct this investigation. Would you speak with us?"

Diplomacy roll:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

I can also not make the Perception check!

Phinellippa adds, "Indeed, sir, we intend no harm! We just want to be of assistance to the community!"

Diplomacy, to aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

DM:
Does the line of trees make this count as forest, by any chance? ;)

Phinellippa, you could aid my roll!

Rees narrows his emerald eyes slightly. Elders don't ask members of the community to speak with them. But I had better go along with them, or it may appear even more suspicious. Maybe... maybe Elders have to pretend not to be Elders sometimes...?

The elf shakes his head at his private thoughts, and adds, "You act as if we intend to burn down your house. That is certainly not the case."

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Taken slightly aback by the woman's no-nonsense attitude, Shieara is briefly at a loss for words.

"Um..."

Trying to pull the wool over *her* eyes won't be easy!

"...Sorry t' bother, but can we buy you a drink? Word 'round town is that you're th' reason th' Sheriff was finally able t' lock those murderers up good an' proper," Shieara finally says, hitting on something that was more or less true. "Or mebbe your next meal, if drink isn't your thing?"

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Perception to aid Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Apparently, I could have made it! I'm playing my psychic in the special right now, and I think I mixed the characters up.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Anyone out there?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Yup. Not much to post until we hear from the GM, though.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Still here~

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Still here as well.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar is busy drinking with cute boys and girls in the beer garden. Someone kept buying her beers for some reason!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif nods along as Shieara chats with the inquisitor, wishing they had made a bit of a plan beforehand.

Well, I guess I should be used to this, we tend to just walk into a situation and roll the dice, as it were. Hope that works with our no-nonsense friend here.

Just had a moment, not much to add...


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

At the Beer Garden

"Well, me, myself, don't rightly care where you're from! I just like to hear you sing and watch you perform your feats!"

At the Heath and Harvest

The woman regards Shieara intensely.

Sense Motive DC20:

In fact, she seems to be concentrating enough that you suspect she may be using a spell-like ability. Given that she's an inquisitor, you suspect she may be doing an alignment scan.

"Thank you, but I do not require favors for having helped apprehend the criminals responsible for the crimes."

Her eyes narrow. "Why are you so interested?"

At Otto's Farm

As all three of the Pathfinders speak with great eloquence and courtesy, and voice the word of reason, Otto looks noticably chagrined. "My apologies. We get lots of gawkers now, and most aren't so respectful. Don't come from the mayor either. I can show you what's what here."

Much more gracious now, he leads you on a tour of the property. He tells you that he'd come out before dawn to feed the chickens, and saw the young man hanging from a tree. "Naked, he was. Completely naked."

He shudders, as if in horror at the memory-- which perhaps surprises you, for the sight of a naked person wouldn't usually cause such a reaction. Seeing the questioning looks on your faces, he says, "I mean, not just no clothes, but his skin'd been torn right off him. I can just imagine the poor fellow screaming and suffering as the skin was flayed off of him."

Survival DC 17:

Depsite some light rain having degraded the evidence, you see some tracks of a medium humanoid that head from the tree towards the road, and these are not your tracks, nor do they match Otto's. You also see bloodstains on the soil.

If your Survival roll was 22 or higher and you get Heal or Knowledge(Nature) DC15:

There isn't nearly enough blood for somebody to have died here, not if his skin had been flayed off. He was probably killed elsewhere and carried here, which would have taken considerable time. Indeed, the timing of it makes it difficult to jibe with when the now-imprisioned Pathfinders arrived in town.

Perception DC 21, or DC19 if anybody passed the Survival check above:

You find an obsidian button in the grass that looks like it fell off of a coat.

None of the Pathfinders in the jail in the Sherrif's basement were wearing buttons like this.

Appraise DC12 if *anybody* passes the Perception check:

The obsidian button is very atypical for the region. Likely whoever wore the coat from which it fell is not from Dawnton.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

DM, does this terrain count as forest, and would you say these checks are "versus" a human?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Oh boy, INT and WIS checks! That's where I'm a viking!

Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Appraise: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

-----

"Forgive us for bringing up such difficult memories. Just for clarification, did you hear any of these screams?"

How close is the site to the house? Would it be likely that, had such a gruesome murder happened here, he would have heard the screaming from the house?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"'Cause it's an inspiration an' somethin' more folks might aspire t' doin' than you'd think," Shieara replies. "Ah, not that goin' 'gainst th' law of th' land to do it would be a good idea but it does make a person want t' learn more 'bout what they can do t' help in times like this. An' that's why we wanted to come speak with you - is there like, a way t' learn how t' do what you do? Do you have t' go t' school for that?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Blargh...let's try a T-Shirt reroll (photo as proof upon request).

Diplomacy (T-Shirt Reroll + GM Star): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
______________

Much hate for my dice right now...

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Appraise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Phinellippa looks over the small object that Rees hands her.

"This obsidian button is atypical for this region. It must have come from someone who's not from Dawnton."


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

This isn't a forest; it's Otto's farmlands, really. The checks aren't against a human per se. Ress did pass the Perception check, so you guys can open that spoiler; it will make what Phinellippa said make more sense....


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

At the Heath and Harvest

Ekira's eyes narrow as she looks suspiciously at Shieara. "What is your real motivation? Who are you really? I should warn you if you're trying to find a way to get those villainous Pathfinders off -- they're guilty. They will hang for their crimes. The Voice of Iomedae spoke to me directly, and the evidence bears it up."

After a pause, she adds, "You should also know that I am aware of the villainy of the entire Pathfinder society, and I will be closely watching anybody I suspect being an agent of that organization."

At Otto's Farm

"I didn't rightly hear the screams, but I can't imagine the pain of bein' put through that flaying."

"I did hear something about the folks they caught with it...."

Otto's Rumor #1: Ekira, the inquisitor who fingered the Pathfinders, was nearly elated when she learned it was Pathfinders who had committed the murders. Otto found this a bit unseemly, given the grisly state of the body he found hanging in his yard. She was also elated at the decision that the Pathfinders be murdered. The inquisitor hated Pathfinders even before they were fingered for the current set of murders.

Otto's Rumor #2: He's also heard that there's a witch in town who plans to bring the corpses back as undead. Otto figures that with Ekira on the watch, she'll be able to stop the zombies from slaughtering the town on the day of the execution....

You get the sense that there's not much more you can learn (except for the things in the spoilers above) from Otto.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Is the site he found the body far enough away from the house that it's reasonable he might not have heard the screams?

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Well, this is going nowhere... Garif thinks as the Iomedan seems to see right through them.

"Right, well, it's been nice chatting with you," he says, giving Shieara a tap on the arm and shooing Nico along, "but we've got to be going."

Assuming Shieara joins him in leaving:

Once well out of the inquisitor's earshot, Garif says to Shieara, "Sorry to cut that off, but I didn't think we were going to achieve anything in that conversation, except making her suspicious of us. Maybe we send Damiar to trick her or Kleines to charm her, since we surely did neither. Let's go find our friends and see if they've fared any better, eh?"


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

Sekrit GM Rolls:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kleines judges that it's a little surprising that somebody could sleep through the likely screams of somebody being flayed; the house isn't right next to the tree where the body was found, but it's not that far either. Perhaps if somebody slept really deeply.

The Pathfinders all gather together back in town to swap notes and figure out what they've learned. It's early afternoon.

Let me know how you proceed. You probably want to discuss what you've figured out, and whether or not there are other things you want to investigate. Then, let me know what you do for the afternoon phase of this day (Day 4). The same locations are all available, although you don't believe there's anything more to be learned at Otto's farm.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Shieara has no trouble excusing herself when Garif indicates that it's time to go.

"Well, that was a waste of time," she mutters once they're well out of earshot. "What a b****! The Society mebbe lets in some folks that they shouldn't but that ain't no reason to call us all bad apples!"
______________

As far as what to do next, can someone make a summary of what we've learned up to now? I'm a little confused given all the different rumors we've heard.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

It's not quite up to date with the latest things, but there's the document Bret made.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

I will try to get it updated today.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

I have updated the file. Note that Rob has put a link to the file in his header. It would be good if others wanted to edit it and maybe make up summaries.

Iovo tells what she learned at the beer gardens. “Seems we have attracted too much attention to ourselves. Some guy with a goatee is asking about us.” She repeats the description she was given. “Has anyone noticed him?

Hearing of a second sighting of the stork, Iovo says “I’m no expert on birds, do storks usually stalk people? What sort of bird is a stork?

Hearing about the farm, Iovo points out “There are a lot of people from out of town, but most of them aren’t fancy dressers. Can I see the button?

On hearing about the meeting with the inquisitor, she says “Tell me more of Iomedae and their followers. Is this sort of behavior typical of that god’s followers? Could she be a fake? Does their god normally speak directly to them?

When people are making plans, Iovo reminds people “Rumors are floating around that there is to be a jailbreak tonight. Do we need to make sure there are no shenanigans from whomever is framing our people?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Kn. Religion (Iomedae): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Eh, her clergy's kinda strict but I've never ran into any of 'em that acted quite like that. Then again aren't those inquisitors supposed t' be made of sterner stuff anyway?"

"Either way, after hearin' what some of th' rest of you learned out at Otto's...well, mebbe her god is really speakin' to her but mebbe not," Shieara remarks, arms folded across her chest and a scowl on her face. "Seems t' me that mebbe she's got somethin' against Pathfinders. Not sayin' she's th' murderer or nothin' like that but if she's got a grudge it could be cloudin' her judgement an' makin' her see what she wants t' see."

The priestess pauses, thinking. "Probly wouldn't hurt t' stick around an' make sure nothin' happens but we need t' be careful we don't end up gettin' framed or somethin' ourselves, 'specially now that we're startin' to attract some notice."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 1/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"I'm still curious what the average folk around town are thinking. I guess I'll just wander for a while, see what I pick up." Kleines will hit the streets.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Where do we think we can get more information still?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Can we find this man that was described to me?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Mm...it does kinda sound like this strange fella askin' 'bout us might bear talkin' to, if we can find him," Shieara nods. "An' that button at the farm...have we seen anyone dressed in anythin' such a thing might've come loose from?"
______________

Besides potential worry about a potential jail-break, it does sound like the best leads we have would be the guy asking about us and the fact that someone out there is missing a button, which would in theory put them at Otto's farm at some point.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

With a worried tone, Iovo asks “Were any of the people in the jail wearing clothing with this sort of button?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

That's a good question! Do we remember seeing anything that might've fit the bill, GM?

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"There might be more that we can learn from the inquisitor, too," Garif offers, "and by we I mean the rest of you, because she clearly doesn't trust me or Shieara at all."

Scratching his bald head, his rough fingers sounding like they're scratching granite, he muses a bit, "I sure would like to know what the story is with that stork - and I don't mean the story about where babies come from, that you humans tell. I mean what it's after and why it seems to keep watching us. If we get a chance to get near it again tomorrow, I could try to talk to it. In the meantime, I agree, it would be good to find this fella who's asking after us."

After resting tonight, Garif will give up magic fang and memorize speak with animals instead.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Iovo gives Garif a puzzled look when he mentions human babies and storks.

Just how big are these birds?

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Well, near as big as me - as least lengthwise," Garif explains to Iovo, "though perhaps not so broad around the middle bit, if you know what I mean." With a humph and a jerk of his thumb at Kleines and Shieara, he adds, "And anyway, it's not my people who tell that tale, it's them folk."

Reflecting a bit further, he adds, "But I do wonder if maybe the stork is working with someone, much like Nico and I work together, and carrying reports back about us."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Beggin' your pardon but I personally prefer th' one where we just sprout up out of th' cabbage patch," Shieara remarks with an air of mock indignation before grinning.

But then her grin fades. "You seriously think th' stork could be a spy or somethin' for someone? Does that sorta thing happen a lot?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Iovo points to The Amazing CoCo and says “Some mages use animals for that. CoCo tends to socialize too much, but if storks are about the same size it is possible a mage took one as a companion.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Huh...never thought 'bout it before but I guess that makes sense," Shieara replies, thoughtfully considering The Amazing CoCo.


Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

The Amazing CoCo preens at the attention. Phinellippa rolls her eyes.

So I honestly don't know where to send Phinellippa. She's not great at the relevant checks.


Map of Dawnton - Scars Rumors & Places of Interest - Day 4, early evening

None of you are aware of having seen anybody wearing a coat with buttons like the one you found at Otto's. None of the Pathfinders in jail had anything like it.

It's currently early afternoon. You could go out and hit the streets again for the afternoon to look for more information. It sounds like Kleines wants to hit the street, and that Garif wants to try to confront the stork.

Other places where you think you might be able to pick up more information: the General Store has enough traffic that you may be able to get something there. There's probably more to learn at the Fairground. The twins have made a name for themselves there, but they reaped the result of that at the Beer Garden (which you think you've, ahem, tapped out). Finally, general word on the street still has something available.

Based on experience, you know that having multiple people working one spot is a mixed blessing. You have more people to work the crowd... but you also get a bit in each others way, and have to avoid being too conspicuous, it can make it a bit harder to get people to spill. From a mechanical point of view: the more people you have present, the more rumors you can get from one site. Also, multiple successful rolls will add up to additional rumors. However, the more people who are present, the harder it is to get successes. The sweet spot, based on your experience, is probably 3 people at one location.

Based on what you've learned: Orug witnessed something, but his story seems to grow with the telling. You suspect you could learn more there by telling your own tall tales with Bluff or (if they're true) Diplomacy, or (if you're trying to seriously one-up Orug) Intimidate. You might also win their trust with appropriate Cratf or Profession skills. If there's another approach you want to try, let me know; it might work!

Diplomacy and Knowledge (local) are the obvious skills for word on the street, but there's a lot of room for creatively coming up with ways to use other things to get information out there. Let me know what you're doing!

The twins have demonstrated some useful skills at the Fairgrounds. There are a bunch of competitions going on there, and doing well at them will win you friends, or at least people to talk to. Physical skills would be useful there for the sporting competitions.

2,151 to 2,200 of 3,013 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.