The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,989 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Sorry, wasn’t sure if you had seen that we resumed.

It would have required a push to cause Nico to flank. Otherwise the animal takes the most direct path to the target.
Adjusting Nico’s position accordingly.

Nico goes sprinting off after the person they just bit, sliding around the corners and bounding up to the person.

Garif goes over to where Phinellippa is and opens the window the rest of the way for her.

The mystery man isn’t liking his position.

He tumbles out of Nico’s reach, and turns towards the window.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

He then attempts to dive through the window that Garif has just opened, past both Phinellippa and Garif!
Acrobatics, move through enemy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
26 vs. Phinellippa’s CMD + 5 +4 for cover = 20. Makes it.
24 vs. Garif’s CMD. Makes it.

He continues running towards the front entrance!

Bolded may act.

Round 3:

Mystery Man -15
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif
Nico
Daimar

Kleines

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa moves up and lets loose a spray of beautiful colors from her hands.

Color spray! DC 17 Will save.


Mosquito Witch

Sorry, there is a staircase wall there. You can’t color spray through the wall.

He had to run into the hallway (as part of a double move) to get to where he is.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Can I get him from there? Otherwise, I will magic missile instead.


Mosquito Witch

Yes, you can get him from there.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Aargh! My eyes! What did you do to me, [REDACTED]!” the mystery man shouts as he drops his bloody dagger and puts his hands up to his eyes.
Number of rounds blinded and stunned: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bolded may act.

Round 3:

Mystery Man -15 blinded until round 5, stunned until round 6
Rees -9
Shieara

Phinellippa
Garif
Nico
Daimar
Kleines

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10
GM Bret wrote:
It would have required a push to cause Nico to flank. Otherwise the animal takes the most direct path to the target.

No problem, I thought something like that might apply, which is why I gave a bit more description of where Nico ended up than I might otherwise.

Rolling his eyes in frustration at the nimble opponent's antics, Garif trundles back the way he's come. Seeing the mystery man at the base of the stairs, Garif waits until Nico is nearby and casts a spell to aid the cat's attack.

Move action to get into position, cast guidance on Nico when he's adjacent.


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico pursues the annoyingly dexterous foe through the window, catching up to him at the base of the stairs and trying to bite him!

Move action with 40' speed, bite!

Bite, Guidance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 I think I'll take -4 from that corner, but not sure. Apply as needed.
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"This would be much easier for you if you'd stop running around!" Kleines readies his glaive as he moves back through the house toward the commotion. He stops right next to the man, ready to attack should he attempt to flee again. "You're blinded and caught. Give up now and answer our questions!" Double move to reach an adjacent square, threatening with unarmed strike if he provokes adjacent (though it looks like he won't be going anywhere immediately).

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"In or out, make up your damn mind," Damiar mutters as she runs back. "You try to run up those stairs and I'll fill you full of arrows. You'll get speared, spelled and split asunder. SURRENDER NOW!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Mosquito Witch

Garif has Nico follow the man through the window and gives his cat some divine guidance.

Nico jumps through the window, goes skidding around the corner, and tries to bite the man. Unfortunately there is a post at the end of the stairs that gets in the way!

Kleines tries to be reasonable with the fleeing culprit, but Damiar has had enough and threatens him. The threats do cause him to pause.

It is now getting very crowded at the base of the stairs.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:

Mystery Man -15 blinded until round 5, stunned until round 6, demoralized until round 5
Rees -9
Shieara

Phinellippa
Garif
Nico
Daimar
Kleines

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees creases his brow in frustration as the man disappears through the window, then glances back at Shieara and meets her gaze, rolling his eyes ever so slightly, as if to say, Well, that did a lot of good... he's gone. Right through the window -- can you believe it? Just our luck: we find the guy who's likely behind all this, and he tries to steal my kidney and then runs off! I suppose we ought to pursue him... or maybe wait for him.

Pausing for a moment, the tall elf tips his head momentarily toward the side of the house closest to Shieara, and then toward the corner nearest him. Grabbing an arrow from his quiver, he proceeds to watch for the man to attempt escape this way. 5' stepped, ready to shoot any enemies (or people-who-are-not-obviously-allies) who appear.


Mosquito Witch

Rees uses his eyebrow trick to attempt to silently communicate with Shieara, then takes up position and waits for a target to shoot.

Bolded may act.

Round 3:

Mystery Man -15 blinded until round 5, stunned until round 6, demoralized until round 5
Rees -9
Shieara
Phinellippa
Garif
Nico
Daimar
Kleines


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING SHIERA

Shiera goes in to the house and spears the Mystary Man.

Non-lethal Longspear: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"STOP! Stay right where you are!"


Mosquito Witch

Spoiler:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Shieara and Rees hear the noise of a gathering crowd to the east. Shieara doesn’t see anything as she runs back into the building.

Bringing her spear around, she expertly conks the man on the temple knocking him unconscious.

Combat over.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Let's go check upstairs." Kleines, after making sure the man was truly unconscious, steps over him and heads upstairs.


Mosquito Witch

The man is unconscious. Kleines doesn't think it would take very much to bring him conscious again.

He starts heading up the stairs.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar ties up the unconscious man. "Well, you certainly stopped him, Shiera!" She then follows Kleines upstairs.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Bret, your note on the map made me laugh out loud!

"Good work, Shieara! He was a tough fellow to hit!" Garif exclaims, before glancing at Phinellippa. "Though I guess it helped that Phin made him blind and unable to move. Anyway, great work all around."

He kneels down by the slippery foe and begins taking away his weapons, then pulls out a wand, ready to heal the man back to consciousness once everyone else is ready.


Mosquito Witch

Spoiler:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Damiar binds the man as Garif searches him and removes any weapons or suspicious materials.

He actually has quite the stash of materials on him. Two different potions, three smoke sticks, one masterwork and four normal daggers, a feather token, nightdrops, thieves tools, a hooded lantern with oil, writing supplies and cold Iron weapon blanch.

Meanwhile, Kleines is searching the second floor. He doesn’t find anyone or anything of interest up there.


Mosquito Witch

I guess no one else has anything they want to do. I have added pictures of Ekira and the mystery man to Slide 3.

I assume you would have at least brought him into the entryway, but exact location shouldn’t matter.

Once everyone is ready, Garif touches the man with his wand.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He wakes up, looking around. He has that look of someone trying to figure out what to do next. He seems to listen for a moment.

He smiles up at Garif and whispers “Sounds like Torvil has done his part. This should still work!

Then he starts screaming at the top of his lungs “Help! Help! They are going to murder me! Hurry and help!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines comes back downstairs. "What is going on down here?" Hearing the man, and seeing the wand in Garif's hand, he goes to the door."No one's getting murdered, no thanks to you. And Garif just healed you, so pipe down! Who are you talking to, anyway?" With that, he opens the door and looks outside.


Mosquito Witch

As Kleines opens the door, the man shouts “They’ve trapped me in here! Please help!

Kleines sees a large crowd down the path. At the front of the crowd are two faces he recognizes — Tobias and Ekira. Behind them are several townsfolk, some of them waving pitchforks!

Ekira spots Kleines in the door and can be heard shouting “There they are! Quickly, we must capture these murderers!” The sherif says something, but you can’t make it out over the other noise.

The mystery man has an even wider grin when he hears that. “This is going to be great!

Slide two gives an indication of where Kleines is in relation to the crowd he sees.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa makes a sound of exasperation. "Aaaaaaaaagh! This is so annoying! Damiar, Kleines, can you explain to them we were set up?"

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Please, let us speak calmly about this!" Kleines calls out, holding his empty hands up to the crowd. "As you can come and see for yourself, no one has been murdered. In fact, contrary to his claims we have healed this man before healing our own wounds, even though he viciously attacked us."


Mosquito Witch

Ekira starts forward, shouting “We must take them now!

The sherif hold up his hand and commands her “Stop!

Looking towards Kleines, he says “Why don’t all of you folks come out here? Take it slow, I don’t want someone overreacting” as he says this he is staring at Ekira “or thinking you are trying to hide anything.

He waves Kleines forward, saying “I am going to what to hear both sides of what is going on.

Ekira seems her normal angry self. The villagers seem agitated and unsure what to do. Only the sherif seems calm and collected.

What is the group doing?

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Friends, please bring that gentleman out here and hand him over to the sheriff." Kleines walks forward out of the doorway. "Sheriff, this man attacked us. We have bound him for our safety, after we subdued him, but we have also healed some of his wounds. We leave it to your judgement whether he should be unbound."


Mosquito Witch

Alright, I’m going to assume the rest of the group follows Kleines lead here.

The sherif has you bring out your prisoner and has all of you gather in the town square. You’ve got villagers all around listening in and can hear a few grumbles from some of them.

Tobias asks the man “Who are you?

He straightens himself to his full height, a little over six foot tall at a guess, and announces “I’m Dalton Krunne, and was running in fear from these murderers!” waving in the group’s general direction.

At this Ekira exclaims “See! I told you they were guilty!

The sherif glares at Ekira for a moment, then turns to Dalton and shakes his head while saying “We will get to that, and you’ll have your opportunity to speak. For now all I want is your name.

Then to Ekira, he says “Do not interrupt like that again. I want to keep this nice and orderly.” The two have a short staring match.

Turning to your group, he then says “Now I think I’ve met all of you, but just for the sake of the townsfolk, why don’t you introduce yourselves. Don’t go jumping ahead trying to explain things, just tell us who you are.

Dalton matches the description that Iovo got from the dwarf of the man that had been asking about the group.

Please rearrange yourselves on Slide 2 for where you want to be during this hearing.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"I am Kleines Johann, humble servant of Irori".

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"My name is Phinellippa Dioptrice, and I study words."

A voice chimes in from up high. "And I am the Amazing CoCo!"


Mosquito Witch

About half the crowd looks up when they hear CoCo chime in. Ekira seems to concentrate on CoCo for a few seconds.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar walks forward. "My name is Damiar Apastron. I am a performer, and yes, a Pathfinder." She holds up open hands. "I've met most of you, and I will tell you that like you, I am committed to bringing the real perpetrators of these crimes to justice. I thank you for hearing all of us out."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Mosquito Witch

There is a surprised murmur from the crowd when Damiar mentions being a Pathfinder.

Ekira gets a very determined expression on her face, the sort a paladin might get on finding a disguised demon in their midst.

The sherif doesn’t look the least bit surprised at her statement.

The drunk in the corner is still trying to figure out where the voice from above came from.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

As Ekira stares at him, Kleines returns her gaze, then begins to scan the crowd (doing the same thing she is I imagine, detecting evil one-by-one beginning with Ekira and Dalton).


Mosquito Witch

Kleines:
Scanning first Ekira and Dalton and then the crowd you don’t find a detectable aura of evil.

I consider it part of normal Paladin training to know that most people have to be fairly strong (more than 4HD) in order to be detectable. See Detect Evil spell description for all the details.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

GM:
Makes sense. I was mostly doing what she was, looking for a disguised fiend or a divine spell-caster of an evil deity, either of which would detect at 1 HD.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"An' I'm Shieara Enric, servant of th' Lucky Drunk," Shieara adds, giving her head a jerk to indicate the holy symbol hanging around her neck. "Like my friend Damiar said, we're here t' look into this whole mess...an' either clear th' Pathfinder name or confirm that th' other agents really did do th' deed."

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Mosquito Witch

The drunk in the corner takes notice of Shieara, raising his tankard in salute.

There are more murmurs from the crowd when Shieara mentions your mission included the possibility they were guilty. The sherif also quirks an eyebrow at this news.

Ekira seems even more determined in her purpose.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

”I am Garif Stonetoe,“ the dwarf says plainly, as he lays a calloused hand on the black panther at his side, ”and this is Nico. As my friend Shieara says, we are here to find the truth about what happened here, simple as that.“

Diplomacy (Aid Damiar): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees peers around the building at the commotion out front, then sighs and lowers his bow -- though he keeps a watchful eye on the prisoner, ready to shoot first if the man attempts escape.

Never taking his eyes from the true murderer, the tall elf grimaces as his turn comes to 'introduce himself'. These lawless savages have already decided we are guilty -- what is the use of speaking with them further? If a single one of them were a true Elder, he would know we are innocent.

"You are all fools." He begins quietly, before pausing and amending, "... err, if you truly believe we are the murderers here. I am Rees."

Diplomacy to Aid Damiar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Mosquito Witch

The crowd doesn’t react much to Garif’s introduction, but there is a chorus of mutters when Rees calls everyone a fool.


Mosquito Witch

Tobias clears his throat, then says “Alright, best we get this hearing started.

Anyone with a weapon out, I would appreciate it if you sheath it.” Looking to the citizens with pitchforks, he adds “No pointing farming tools at people either!

The people with the pitchforks slowly lower them, then move to holding them with only one hand at their side.

At this point, Dalton asks “Can someone take these ropes off me? I’m the victim here, not the accused!

The sherif frowns a moment, then says “You aren’t gagged, so the bindings don’t affect your ability to speak.

Think I would rather you stay like that for the moment, until we have a better idea of what is happening.

At that point, Ekira speaks up. “It is pretty obvious these Pathfinders...” she says it as if it were a curse and then spits to the side. “...are up to more of their nefarious activities.

The sherif looks at her and says “Really? Without even hearing any evidence you are so eager to convict them?

Shaking his head, he raises his voice a little and says “This is how it is going to be.

Each group will have a chance to speak. No interruptions! After they have each said their piece, we will do questions if need be.

If as part of their evidence they want a witness to speak, they can call for that person to do so. That person says what they know and then we get back to the group giving evidence.

We are going to keep this trial nice and orderly.

The sherif pauses a moment.

Looking around, he then asks “Any questions?

Ekira immediately says “Would it be allowed for me to bring up a spell to force people to tell the truth?

The sherif scratches his chin a bit, then says “If one side or the other requests it, that would be fine, I don’t want anyone trying to cast anything without first stating what they are doing and getting my approval.


Mosquito Witch

Feel free to react to the above. You’ve been cooperating with the sherif so far, so just let me know if you are not sheathing your weapons. Otherwise I will assume they are put away.

I will work on Dalton’s statement. Expect another update tonight,


Mosquito Witch

The sherif nods to Dalton. “Tell us what you know.

Dalton stands proud and starts his speech.

I saw the murder of the young man the night before. I’m sure it was because of that they” nodding in your general direction “came for me. I will never forget the look of shock and terror the victim had as the dwarf’s dagger took his life!

They somehow tracked me to that abandoned building and attempted to silence me. Just barged into the building and started searching it! When they found me, they immediately began attacking!

Look at all my injuries! The big cat bit me and that woman tried to crack my skull!” nodding toward Shieara. “The gnome was the worst, using her magics on me!

After beating me down they proceeded to strip me of several of my possessions as well!

Fortunately I was able to cry out for help, which made that one” nodding towards Kleines “check outside. I gather that is when you saw them.

They are the ones you should hang for the murders! Murder, theft, and probably other things too!

The crowd seems impressed by his story and Ekira looks overjoyed by the testimony.

The sherif checks that Dalton is done, then looks to your group.

Well, it is your turn to speak.

Garif stripped Dalton of his weapons and items, so I expect Garif has them with him in a sack.

Secret GM rolls:

e: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
s: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Damiar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Kleines: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rees: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Shieara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

We pause now for a word about game mechanics.

With each argument or piece of evidence I will need a Diplomacy or Profession Barrister check to sway the crowd. One person is the primary and I will allow up to two who contributed to attempt an aid on the check.
What is said is also important. There are modifiers based on what you bring up.
You can try to fabricate evidence with the Bluff skill.

It will take more than one check to succeed.

You can do other things as well, this is just the mechanics for the trial.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Turning to Ekira, Kleines nods. "If you have magic that guarantees true speaking, then I welcome it. My oath to the Master of Masters, as well as my training by your Iomadaean brethren at the Tempering Hall" another nod to Ekira, "do not permit me to tell anything but the truth. I do wish, however, that you had cast it before this man spoke, for what he said bore little relation to the truth.

"We came to this house tonight because we received a letter claiming to be from someone trapped within. It bore the same handwriting as the written testimony you were given, sheriff, as well as the letter that was sent to the Pathfinder Society that originally drew the accused to Dawnton." Kleines turns to his allies and asks whoever has it to present the letter. "We suspected a ruse but came anyway. What if it wasn't a trap? We couldn't ignore a plea for help if there was a chance it was real. If it was a trap, it was still our best opportunity to find the truth. When we arrived, we were ambushed by this man. I believe he wished to kill us and plant evidence against us, though I do not know for certain what his plan was. We subdued him, planning to bring him to the sheriff for questioning, which brings us to the here-and-now." Kleines bows, and steps back.

Diplomacy check (primary):
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Mosquito Witch

Ekira looks to the sherif, who gives a nod.

Oops! She only has the spell at high tier! My mistake, so we will just adjust things a little bit.

She then steps around Damiar to the middle of your group and takes out a scroll to cast a spell.

Spellcraft DC 17, take a +4 circumstance bonus as she is very deliberate and you have been told what the spell should be:
Zone of Truth

Everyone with 20’ of Ekira must make a DC 13 Will save if they wish to lie.

I assume given what he said that Kleines voluntarily failed it.

Dalton smiles and without fear steps into the area of the spell.

Spoiler:
Dalton: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Well he had a decent chance...

sheriff will save: 1 = 1
Ekira will save: 1 = 1

——

Kleines gives his testimony. Someone brings out the two letters.

The sherif takes out the letter he received and compares it to the two letters your group has. He then passes all three to Ekira who also looks.

The sheriff announces “They look like the same handwriting to me.

Ekira nods but adds “Although they look the same, a skilled forger could have copied the handwriting if they saw your letter first!

The sheriff replies “Tough to do, especially since I kept this one with me.

He then looks to Kleines and asks “Did you or any of your compatriots write any of these three letters?

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Fantastic post in making our case, Kleines! Nice summary of the situation and persuasively argued.

Knowing he is not the most persuasive speaker of the party, Garif keeps his contributions to a minimum. ”We did not write the letters, nor commit any murders. That dagger was planted on me, and I believe the one found at the earlier murder was planted as well. I don’t know why, but someone is trying to frame the Pathfinders for these crimes, and either the inquisitor is in on that, or she has been duped as well.“

He pauses, considering a moment whether to speak further, then adds, ”...and I saw a mysterious stork, which seemed to be watching us.“


Mosquito Witch

Planted on means someone put it on you. It was your dagger planted at the scene, someone stole your dagger from you.

Please either give me a will Save or rephrase that.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

As you surmised, Kleines will willingly fail the save.

Kleines maintains eye contact with the inquisitor as the spell goes into effect, trying to make it clear that he is not resisting its effects. "As Garif said, none of us wrote either letter, nor did any of us murder anyone."

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10
GM Bret wrote:
Please either give me a will Save or rephrase that.

Sorry, was intending to be truthful, just misremembered how that bit of the story played out. Please insert the following where I talked about the dagger:

"My dagger was stolen from me, and planted at the scene, by someone aiming to implicate me, though I never use the dagger for anything other than cutting food, and am the last person likely to physically attack another."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"That's right," Shieara nods, also unafraid of being subject to Ekira's magics. "An' don't forget there's been other clues found, like that button out at th' farm - it sure didn't match anythin' th' other Pathfinders were wearin' at th' time or had on 'em. It had to have come from someone else - either th' real murderer or a witness that ain't stepped forward."
______________

Shieara will voluntarily fail that Will save as well.

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,989 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.