SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,940 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo had a conundrum. He couldn't look at the women's heads or other appendages for they were too hideous. But he also couldn't look at their torsos for that was too lewd. That left him awkwardly staring slightly above their heads as he slowly backed away.

"Ladies, you are fellow supplicants here to please the Lady Sorshen, are you not? I was hoping to prostrate myself before her and beg that she find some use for one so unworthy as I. Could you point me in her direction?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Oster you recognise these creatures as sinspawn. Specifically they are lust sinspawn. They are immune to mind affecting effects, have spell resistance and their bite can cause sinful thoughts and strange effects


"Very well she is upstairs, you may go to her."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster waits to see if the others move. Or attack.


The sinspawn make no move to attack but they watch you warily

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon quickly grabs the magical items that Mem pointed out to him, gives her a quick look that implores her to follow, and speaks the same words as Tatsuo.

Upon appearing in the chamber, Calvon sees the sinspawn. Not knowing what is happening, he looks to the others in order to see what he should do or say.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne also repeats the artist's name and teleports in. Hopefully in time to hear the sinspawn's response to Tatsuo's lie. She simply bows her heads to them in acknowledgement/thanks and they make to head up the stairs.
sense motive to see if they're lying/sending us into a trap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster starts quietly moving up the stairs, permission or no permission.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo bows deeply to the "women." "My thanks to you." He then heads up the stairs, trying not to make it too obvious that he's still incredibly focused on them in case they decide to surprise attack him.


The rest of you appear in the sinspawn room, they take no offensive action but watch you warily. You head up the stairs.

This cavernous hall is made of marble, with two rows of pillars carves to resemble tree trunks supporting the ceiling thirty feet above. The frescoed ceiling is painted to depict the canopy of foliage such trees would produce, and a star-flooded sky, full moon aglow, peeks through the boughs here and there. A lavish rug, coloured burnt orange shot through with threads of gold, runs the length of the room. Two great tapestries of rich burgundy hang from the sides of a balcony on the east wall that overlooks the ballroom from a height of thirty feet, while at the opposite end of the room, four statues of a beautiful woman guard a large stage.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster keeps quiet and slowly moves along the right side of the room, his eyes darting about for trouble.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne tried to pretend that she's not nervous about those creatures lurking in the room behind them. There's a certain peace of mind in leaving only the dead in your wake. This place is truly a marvel, but also quite confusing what with all the teleporting going on. She tries to keep her eyes open for the un-forseen as she scans the room looking for magical auras. (casting detect magic and peering about the new room)
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

As the group looks about Tatsuo softly adds, "Lady Memnosyne, while you are looking around, it might be worthwhile to use your scarab to check if those statues are actually guardians."

It surprised him, but the decor of this room was actually quite breathtaking. Could this really be a throne room for the Runelord of Lust? Why were there none of the crude pictures that seemed to dominate all the rest of this complex? Shaking his head, he decided simply to enjoy the change of scenery.


You start to hear the sound of a large party in full swing-delighted laughter, spirited music, the clinking of fine crystal and the murmur of a large crowd becomes obvious. It appears that a grand masked ball is in full swing. Dozens of men and women in fine clothing dance to the music of a small orchestra on the stage, while just below the stage sits none other than Runelord Sorshen herself on a ruby throne, clad in a scandalously revealing gown.

"Oh my sweet subjects. Now is the time for us to enjoy the succulent fruits of our labour. I give you license to indulge your appetites, every unexpressed libidinous impulse, for by such indulgences you honour me. Those who would interfere with this sacrament are like the blind chastising the sighted for looking with pleasure upon a rainbow. Why, some in our midst this very moment actively work against us- obstacles between us and the indulgence of our passions. Behold the cold and bloodless prudes who even now stand before is!"

At this point all of the party goers turn to face you, their faces drawn into a snarl.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Sod this!

Oster seeks the nastiest-looking "party-goer" that he can reach with a charge - and goes for it!

Rapier, sneak attack with scout's charge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

SA Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 5 = 11

And for 1 round:

Bewildered: The target becomes bewildered, taking a –2 penalty to AC. The target takes an additional –2 penalty to AC against all attacks made by the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty to AC against attacks made by the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Hoping to just scare these people into staying away from him, Calvon fires a force missile into the nearest person.

Force Missile Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


percentage check: 1d100 ⇒ 95

percentage check: 1d100 ⇒ 100


Oster your rapier goes into what appears to be Runelord Karzoug but it does no damage.

Calvon your missile flies true and strikes one of the party goers and does a small amount of damage.

Calvon initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Oster initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Tatsuo initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Memnosyne initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Xango initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

partygoers' initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Tatsuo, Xango and Memnosyne

Block 2: Partygoers

Block 3: Calvon and Oster

So block 1 your actions


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Do we have a combat map? I don't see any party-goers on the normal map.


Map updated.


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango moves forward and swings his hammer in a brutal arc.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 82d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6) + 12 = 20


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

did Mem notice any magic when she was looking around? Curious is these things are even real or just illusions or something


percentile dice: 1d100 ⇒ 97


Xango, your blow seems to connect with one of the partygoers but does no damage. Memnosyne you pick up 5 magical auras, one of them is programmed image, the other appear to be items.

Tatsuo and Memnosyne, what are you doing?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Based on that map, I don't think Xango could have charged last round; the enemies are all over 100 feet away. Unless the squares aren't supposed to be 5 feet since it also looks like everybody is large on the map.

Sighing as Oster decides once again that punching is better than diplomacy, Tatsuo moves so that the group isn't all clustered together, tossing a bone he had grabbed earlier up in the air where it begins to slowly circle him.

Casting defending bone


Memnosyne, what are you doing?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Mem casts protection from evil on herself and heads towards the magical item auras (move 20').


As Memnosyne moves forward the party goers disappear and a bloated creature appears

Knowledge planes

On to block 3


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

kn:planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


The creature is a dretch, it has damage reduction except against cold iron or good weapons, it is immune to electricity and poison and has resistance against acid, cold and fire


Calvon and Oster, what are you doing


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster leaps at the creature from the shadows, having arranged a flanking position.

+1 rapier, sa, flanking: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 19

Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 5 = 13


[i[Oster you strike the dretch and it howls with pain.[/i]

Calvon, what are you doing?


Calvon fires a blast of force at the dretch

ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Back to block 1


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne is a little irked at having to use her morningstar against this thing, rather than a dagger, but it IS made of cold iron. She goes for an attack against the dretch.
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo moves forward, lips pursed as though whistling though no sound seems to pass his lips until an invisible force slams into the creature.

Ear-piercing scream
Sonic damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) = 5 + Dazed for 1 round
DC 19 Fort save to halve damage and negate the daze effect.


The dretch manages to dodge Memnosyne's blow

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Xango, what are you doing


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango whirls his hammer and attacks the dretch.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 272d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 = 19


With Xango's blow the dretch is squashed into a puddle and it then disappears in a puff of smoke.

You hear the sound of spellcasting.

Block 3 your actions

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon is going to ready to cast a spell as soon as he can see whomever is casting spells.


Oster, what would you like to do


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster tries to use cover and concealment to hide himself again, while trying to pin down the spellcaster.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Damage: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 55


Oster you swish your rapier but miss.

Back to block 1


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo pauses, trying to find the general location of the spellcaster.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Don't particularly need the exact square. Tatsuo's just looking to try to get the spellcaster in a 15ft cone.

If he gets a general location:
Pointing his hands in the general direction where the chanting is coming from, there's a crackle of electricity followed quickly by the rising smell of ozone as lightning arcs from his arms.

Burning hands converted to electricity
Electricity: 5d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 1, 4) + 6 = 18
DC 20 Reflex save to halve damage

Let me know if the perception check is successful, so I know if I need to mark off the spell used.


Tatsuo you are able to pinpoint an area where you think the spellcaster is.

Can you make a spell penetration roll please/


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Spell resistance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 :-/


Xango and Memnosyne, what are you doing?

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,940 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.