SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,958 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster looks around, for traps and valuables, especially on or around the urn.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Appraise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


There are various bottles of alchemical ingredients. In addition there is a potion of displacement, an elixir of love, 1 dose of stone salve and 10 doses of wax of defiance.

You think the urn is worth about 500gp.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne picks up the wax. "Your putting this in your ears if we go near that lake again," she says to Oster and Tatsuo, but with a smile. "Let's take a look at the northern door."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"No quibble here, Mem!" as Oster seeks room for the urn and other goods.

Perception check on door: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17


You do not find any traps. The door opens into another room. Six stone platforms draped with white sheets stand in this room, with manacles affixed to the four corners or each. What appears to be a metallic bookstand stands at the foot of each platform- one of these stands still holds a large leather tome. The walls are painted a soft, soothing blue.


Moving on to k21

The centre of this domed chamber is dominated by a complex design painted on the floor in dozens of colours, which is oddly unsettling. Broken furniture and other debris is scattered across the room and a faint acidic odour tickles the nostrils, while an overturned bookstand with a large black tome sits near the far wall.


What do you want to do?


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster sniffs the air.

"What's that smell? Smells like acid."

Very carefully, he approaches the fallen bookstand.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

would like to take a look at the tome and what was the previous tome in the blue room?


The book in the blue room is an ancient Thassilonian text called Dreams and Desires and explores the link between dreams and enchantment magic. If used as an aid in any question involving dreams it would give a +2 circumstance bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks. There are three arcane scrolls of dream, symbol of sleep and mind fog slipped between the pages.

As Oster approaches the bookstand there is a flash and a creature appears. This worm-like monster has a hideous face of eyes and hooked jaws. It wields a wand and a sword in its twin tentacle tails.

Can I have a Will 20 save from everyone please, if you fail you are confused.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

DC20? whoa, we're in trouble
will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Yes we are


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Oster and Calvon, your saves please

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Oh yeah, serious, serious trouble.


Oster can I have your Will save please/


Oster Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Uh-oh

Memnosyne initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Xango initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Tatsuo initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Calvon initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Oster initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Seugathi initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Ok so initiative order is:

Block 1: Tatsuo

Block 2: Seugathi

Block 3: Everyone else.

On your turn you MUST take one action which will be attack nearest (you can pick any PC on the map (apart from Oster who will babble). Following this you will get a new save. If you pass you will be able to act normally on your next round.

So Tatsuo, over to you


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Luckily, I am also terrible at attacking.

Tatsuo's head swam. What were they doing here? Who were these people? They weren't members of his clan. So then surely they must be enemies! He should strike the nearest person dead! With his dagger, he lashed out mightily at the sneaky Oster.

Dagger vs Oster AC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Will save DC 20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Tatsuo you are still affected.

The seugathi moves away 5 feet.

On to block 3 - don't forget you get a repeat save at the end of your turn

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvin sees a stranger beside him with multiple weapons. Obviously, he must dangerous. Calvin fires a force missile at this enemy (Xango).

Force missile damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Calvon you are still affected.

Oster, Xango and Memnosyne your actions


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne's head is swimming. There's someone next to her with a weapon drawn. She tries to stab at him.
attack Oster: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 dam: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Memnosyne for the next round you will be able to act normally.

Oster and Xango your actions


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Feeling the sting of the missle, Xango swings his hammer and klar.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 172d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 5) + 13 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Xango you are still affected next round.

Who are you attacking?


Oster will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Oster turns on Tatsuo and stabs him with his rapier

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Back to Tatsuo


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

I assume the effect is confusion, so should I roll to see what my action is this round? Or am I just supposed to attack again?

If I'm rolling for confusion:
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 39

As Oster swings at him, Tatsuo's face goes pale. This man was clearly a far better fighter than he was. It was only thanks to the magical armor encasing him that the blow bounced off harmlessly. Terrified, he began to babble incoherently.

If I'm just attacking:
As Oster swings at him, Tatsuo's fears are confirmed. This man is an enemy! Luckily his armor of magical energy easily deflected the blade as Tatsuo returned the attack with one of his own.

Dagger vs Oster AC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Will save DC 20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

[ooc]I am standing just next to calvin, so I am sorry he is the lucky winner[ooc]


@Tatsuo - it is a confusion effect but the creature decides how it affects you so you will attack.[/I]

Tatsuo you are still affected. The seugathi readies in the corner.

[ooc]Back to block 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

After Xango's attacks last round, Calvon collapses to the ground bleeding profusely.

Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Should I say whether I made the stabilize check and whether I am unconscious or dead?


@Calvon, yeah you can say if stabilised.

Who's next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

I did not stabilize.

The spoiler note is for GMs eyes only.

GM ONLY:
Calvon is at -10 HP and is dead.


Memnosyne, Oster and Xango your actions


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne gasps as Calvon falls to the ground, but she can only fix one problem at a time. She steps back from Oster and uses her dagger to draw Pharasma's spiral in the air before her. "In the name of the Lady of Graves, I command you to be at peace!" An aura of calmness suffuses the room.
casting Calm emotions- per description "It also suppresses any fear effects and removes the confused condition from all targets." The bad guy needs to make a DC17 will save, if he fails he cannot take any hostile action against us. @GM: This is a bit of a complicated spell. Basically, nobody can take aggressive actions without succeeding against the Will save, but anyone who is attacked will snap out of it


Can you make a spell penetration roll

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Anyone else?


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks down at Calvon and curses. Then with a jump he attacks the worm monster.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 222d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16


Xango's attack smashes into the worm creature and it squeals in pain

Anyone else?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

ack, I forgot to roll my kn:planes vs this bugger!
vs spell resistance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 you just add CL, right, no bonus for stats?

kn:planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 ahh, I know nothing apparently


Memnosyne your spell fails to affect the creature.

Yeah roll plus caster level


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Who is closest to Oster now? I presume he must attack?


As you failed the save your emotions are calmed so in effect you can attack normally.


I meant act normally


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster shakes his head briefly, then realises what has happened.

He glares at the worm, and sprints for it, rapier out. still wet with Tatsuo's blood.

"You're going to pay for that, you slimy freak!", he yells as he stabs at its belly!

Rapier, sneak attack with scout's charge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Critical?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13

Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 5 = 12

And for 1 round:

Bewildered: The target becomes bewildered, taking a –2 penalty to AC. The target takes an additional –2 penalty to AC against all attacks made by the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty to AC against attacks made by the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

You missed me, so your blade is not actually wet with my blood. :-P


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Cheers, will edit!


In his rage, Oster smashes his weapon into the seugathi.

Back to Tatsuo

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,958 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.