SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,882 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

The creature attacks Memnosyne

guisarme: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 = 16

Back to block 3


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster continues to stab and stab.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Oster misses.

Calvon, your action, then back to block 1

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Scorching ray

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

damge: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 6) = 12


Calvon's ray streams from his hand, penetrating the creature's resistance and she shrieks in pain.

The creature looks very badly injured now

Back to block 1


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo continues to miss with his sling.

Sling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Xango, what are you doing?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The force dagger plunges at the creature again as if driven by an invisible hand.

Memnosyne throws another one of her daggers at the critter as well.
dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Both of Memnosyne's daggers bounce off the creature's natural armour

Xango, your action


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango reloads his sling after taking another step back and shoots again.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Xango's sling bullet hits the creature between its eyes killing it instantly.

Loot: Wand of acid arrow (11 charges)
wand of fly (9 charges)
wand of lightning bolt (6 charges)
+1 guisarme
silver crown worth 800gp


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster stabs the creature in its right eye.

"Just in case!", he quips, before rummaging for loot.


Are you going to rest?


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"I wouldn't say no to kip. How are you lot feeling?"


Ok, you can rest and recuperate here. Nothing disturbs your rest.

Where do you want to go next?


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Hp 27/33

I can't find us on the map slides. Where have we not gone yet?


You are in L20

You have not been in L21 onwards.

You also have the sarcophagus back on the other level that had the trap on it.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Cheers!

"I'd be happy to give that trap on the sarcophagus a good go."

If we go back to the sarcophagus:

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32


. Oster you think the trap is a phantasmal killer trap. You think you have disabled the trap for a couple of rounds but due to the complex nature of the trap you don't know for how many rounds. There is one necklace, a pair of earrings, 7 rings and an anklet which will all take a different amount of time to take off the body as follows:

necklace 1 round
earrings 2 rounds
rings 1 round each
anklet 2 rounds.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster grins and goes to snatch the rings, necklace and earrings, then backs off.


So that's 11 rounds.

trap reset: 1d20 ⇒ 4


As you snatch the 4th ring there is a flash of light.

Oster can you make me a Will save followed by a Fort save please


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


You manage to shake off the effects of the trap.

The body still has 3 rings and the anklet


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"In for a copper, in for a gold!", Oster quips as he tackles the sarcophagus again, aiming to seize all the rest of the loot.

Disable Device if needed: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"Dammit, Oster. Be careful!" Memnosyne fusses at him.

quick retcon: since we rested, Mem would have used her channels to heal folks so everyone can take Channelx3: 9d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 6, 5, 3, 1, 5, 3) = 31HP

is there anything we can do to help Oster with his looting issue?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo shakes his head at the grave robbing but says nothing. If Oster wished to risk his life to steal from the dead, that was his decision.

Ok, I'm back. And it looks like we got some loot that I think only me and Calvin can use? I would suggest giving me the wand of acid arrow, Calvin the wand of lightning bolt (since I don't think any of my special electric abilities work on it anyway), and then either of us can take the wand of fly.


Oster you think that you have again disabled it for a number of rounds and then it will reset

@Memnnosyne, the only real way you could help would be to take some of the remaining jewellery off the body

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

I'm fine with dividing the acid arrow and lightning bolt wands like that. The wand of fly would be handy for me since I am more likely to stay out of combat, but I do have the fly spell in my spell book so I will probably prepare it once if the wand goes to Tatsuo.

I wish I had known ahead of time that we were coming back here, I could have prepared mage hand to lift the items off the body.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango offers oster to grab on the items.
Pick it and throw it.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster begins chucking jewellery towards Xango as quickly as he removes it.

He will try to remove the remaining valuables.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

if Memnosyne wasn't a cleric of Pharasma, she would tell you to just take the whole body and rifle it after it's out of the crypt... but she is and might be bothered by that

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Wow, that is a great thought. We know from previous experience that there is a phantasmal killer spell in effect. If it's on the sarcophagus, then taking out the body would allow us to take the items with no risk. If, however, the spell is on the body, it won't help. I'm not suggesting we do this, though. I'm sure Memnosyne and Tatsuo both seem a little bothered by this.


trap reset: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Oster as you remove the third ring there is another flash.

Can you make a Will save and a Fort save please.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

To be clear, Tatsuo is bothered by this. I'm perfectly fine with it. Where's Tatsuo's from, touching a dead body like this would be considered extremely unclean.

Tatsuo winces, both at Oster's actions and at the second triggering of the trap. Hopefully if he were not as lucky this time around, Memnosyne would be able to heal him. Assuming she were willing to; she seemed about as bothered by this whole affair as he was.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Damn it!", exclaims Oster as he is struck again.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Oster it seems to you as if Sorshen is reaching out to you and she touches you. You manage to shake off the worst of the effect.

damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10

Just the anklet left which will take 2 rounds to remove. If you are going for it you will need to disable again


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"I've pushed my luck enough today. The corpse can keep the anklet! Any chance of a patchup?"


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Shaking her head at his folly, Memnosyne holds Pharasma's spiral aloft and calls upon her mercy.
channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) = 14


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Cheers Mem, you're a star!"

HP: 31/33


Where to next?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

next was to go back to L21, yes?


L21 it is

The floor of this octagonal antechamber is decorated with a colourful mosaic depicting hundreds of interwoven, multicoloured serpents intermingled with disembodied human arms. An iron bound oaken door sits in the west wall.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne takes a look around as they enter.
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
"Oster, what do you make of that door?"


Memnosyne, you do not notice anything unusual.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"One moment, Mem."

Oster carefully approaches the door, examines it for traps, and then uses his Gloves of Reconnaissance to see through it.

Stealth to approach door: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Perception to find traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Disable Device if needed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Perception using gloves to see through the door into the next room: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo waits as Oster scouts ahead. "Interesting how the decor seems to have changed for the...more tasteful shall we say. Perhaps in her inner sanctum Sorshen felt less of a need to remind her followers who she was?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

"Based on what I have read about Sorshen, you are probably right. However, her desires were likely no less extreme in private. Instead of trying to exert control through fear and pain over the masses, her inner sanctum was an area where she could please herself through giving both pain and pleasure to whatever person she was interested in at the time. Ironically, while many of her followers tried hard to win her affections, they were likely sorry to have done so once they were with her alone.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

"Who knows. Those were a strange bunch!"
Xango shrugs.A warrioris used to pain and knows that pain will lead to a very good feeling. The exercise until your muscles ache and you are ready to fall down... and then the euphoria and you can do more and more!

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,882 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.