SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,938 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

So...my understanding is that if we want to attack the creature, we need to succeed a Will save vs the Calm Emotions spell. Though it's unclear to me if succeeding means we then no longer gain the benefits of the suppression of confusion? Though it occurs to me that since all my spells have SR, it probably doesn't matter right now, so I'll voluntarily fail my save vs Mem's spell.

Tatsuo felt the calming waves of Memnosyne's spell wash over him and embraced them. The fog lifted from his mind and where once there were enemies, once more he saw friends. Calvin was down, but he didn't have any potions to help get him back on his feet. And given his lack of training in the healing arts, he was more likely to do further damage than help. But his companions were engaging whatever fell creature had provoked them, and he could at least try to aid them, even if he couldn't bring himself to attack.

Casting Shield and then moving to try to give flanking to either Oster or Xango. Though based on the map and the creature's position in the corner, I'm not sure that's actually possible. :-/

Will DC 20 vs suppressed Confusion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

AC 22


@ Calvon, if you make the save you can act normally.

As the sugathi has been attacked I'm assuming he can act normally?

The seugathi attacks Xango

short sword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

short sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If it hits with its bite can you make a DC 17 Fort save


On to block 3


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

the critter's SR protected it, so it can do whatever it wants
Memnosyne moves to Calvon's side to see if she can get him back up, or at least not at death's door.
trading out cause fear for CLW clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Unfortunately, the spell does not work, it appears that Calvon is dead

Oster and Xango, your actions


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

dammit! Sorry Calvon
Memnosyne glares at the worm-creature.


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango Easely dodges the strikes of the worm creature and replies in kind.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 182d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

@All: Don't forget that the worm is at -2 AC for you for 1 round. Well another one now, hopefully!

Oster moves to flank and stabs again, eager to skewer the damned worm.

Rapier, SA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Critical?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 5 = 12

Extra Critical Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) + 5 = 18

Bewildered: The target becomes bewildered, taking a –2 penalty to AC. The target takes an additional –2 penalty to AC against all attacks made by the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty to AC against attacks made by the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).


With Oster and Xango's blow the creature falls dead.

Loot: +1 keen longsword
wand of cure critical wounds (10 charges)
tome of clear thought +1

Among the notes in the book there is a reference to there being a secret door leading from the beach.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

My apologies, Calvon was at -10 and he would have died at -12. Mem's healing brought him to -4, so he is stable but unconscious.


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

oster, what ability gives you a full sneak attack on crits? Because as far as I know, they are not added when critting. As slayer I can take rogue talents.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

@Xango: It's my mistake. For some reason I thought it did multiply. Bah!

Oster stabs the worm again for good measure.

"Wretched damned thing!"

Calming, he finally notices Calvon.

"Oh damn! Calvon!"

*************

"So a secret door? We should definitely go back and look for that."


What do you want to do next?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

let's start with getting Calvon up and moving again.
Memnosyne detects a heart beat. "Thank you, Pharasma," she says as she casts a more powerful healing spell on him.
burning speak with dead for CSW: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 8, 4) + 6 = 24
She also touches her wand to him to make sure he's not in too much danger.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
"Easy, Calvon. You've had quite a shock. I'm afraid Xango has one hell of a punch."


You head back to the beach that you arrived at, at the lower level (L7) and now you know there is a secret door you find it easily. The door opens into a cavern (L12). The cave's walls are rough-hewn and embers of a large fire burn dimly. with an iron pot and other cooking implements sitting beside it. A narrow natural chimney extends through the roof twenty feet overhead. On the east wall stands a huge red panel covered with images, while to the west lean several crudely made fishing poles and nets.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon slowly opens his eyes and takes a couple of slow breaths.

"I am debating the wisdom of coming on this trip. Somehow, I always seem to be landing myself in danger."

He looks at Mem.

"Thank you very much. I am eternally in your debt although I feel like this will not be the last time that I need your healing energies."

He gets to his feet, testing out his movement and feeling around for any remaining injuries. He speaks with wonder in his voice.

"I am very thankful to your goddess, Mem. The divine energy she has granted you is powerful but I had never fully felt its effects before."

Did I miss something? I didn't realize we that we were definitely going back to that beach. Have we explored everything in this area?

To answer a comment, elsewhere, YES Calvon would like to uitlize the book when he has time!


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks very guilty at Calvon.
"I am very sorry, I am unsure what came over me?"


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Correct me if I have it wrong, Mem, but it was that worm, right? That messed with our heads?"

As Oster speaks, he seeks traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


@Calvon- you have explored everything on this level- only thing left to explore is the sarcophagus containing Sorshen.

Oster, you can hear the sounds of gambling coming from the room ahead.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Okay, I didn't realize that. Thank you.

As we travel down to the beach and the secret door, Calvon does his best to reassure Xango that he's fine. However, he does make sure to keep a bit of distance between them.

For future reference, Calvon is going to keep at least 10 feet away from Xango, just in case something like this happens again.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

As Oster scouts, Tatsuo makes note of the obvious signs of recent habitation. "Do you think these are members of the Gray Maidens left behind when the rest took their leave? Or perhaps others who fell to the sway of the fake Sorshen and remain to guard her former home?"


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne waves her hand at Calvon. "It's what I'm here for. And yes, that worm was messing with all of our heads. We should think about other possible defenses against such a mental assault."
As they head to the remaining room, she says, "At this point, who the hell knows? I wouldn't have expected a giantess who was convinced she was Sorshen herself."


Are you opening the door?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon is going to stay back from the secret door and is going to cast vanish just before the door is opened. Other than that, I have no suggestions.


You open the door. A long, wooden table of ancient design sits in this room, surrounded by uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs. Crates and chests are scattered against the walls, and several doors line the north and south walls between the crates. Huge red panels of painted murals stand to the east and west.

Inside the room are 6 women dressed in the armour of the Grey Maidens. They look at you warily as the door opens.


male Human Slayer 8 HP 67/67 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F8 R7 W5 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks at the assembled woman and shrugs.
"I do not like hitting women. But..."


Who are you, what are you doing here?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

What are the women doing? Are they sitting at the table, or standing? Do they have weapons drawn? Did we appear to surprise them?


@aClvon- they are now standing, their weapons are not drawn yet. They appear to be somewhat surprised.


Oster tries to talk the Grey Maidens around

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


The Grey Maidens seem to relax.

Go on through, Sorshen is around somewhere


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne slowly lets out her held breath so no one can see she was holding it. "Wonderful, thank you," she says in a friendly manner.
so that was L12 and we're moving to L13, or that was 13 and we're moving to L14?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

I want to get through to the next room as soon as possible since I am invisible for only 6 rounds due to the vanish spell. However, I don't want to be the first through since that might clue them in to someone invisible. I'm also going to try to move as quietly as possible, although with the rest of the party also moving, I'm not too worried about the Grey Maidens hearing me.


Moving on to L14

The air in this room is almost uncomfortably warm and filled with steam. A grand, tiled bathing pool, the waters steaming hot, sits at the centre of the room, while two large red panels stand in the east and west walls. Four Gray Maidens are bathing in the pool, their armour and weapons lying in organised piles near the north edge of the bath


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

ooo, as much as I'd love to have us pull a storm-trooper disguise bit, I don't think we can pull it off
"Sisters," Memnosyne says to the Maidens acknowledging them with a nod. "We're looking for Sorshen." If there's any sign of distrust, she'll glance meaningfully at Oster.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

What? You don't think we could Mrs Doubtfire it? Depending on what kind of armor/helmet they have, we might be able to pull it off if we don't talk.

Tatsu is careful only to look at the neat piles of clothing, not wishing to be considered へんたい. They could have at least warned us we were about to enter a bathing room... Hoping to get out of this situation as soon as possible, he begins edging towards the next door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Not wanting to get any of the Maidens upset at him, Calvon strenuously avoids staring. He waits behind Mem, trying to make it appear as if she is in charge and Calvon is but a servant.


The Grey Maidens allow you to pass, they watch you warily.

Oster you notice there is a secret door in the south wall


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Unaware of the secret door, Tatsuo opens the more obvious door and peeks inside. Checking out L15


This long gallery is striking and gaudy. The walls are painted a shimmering golden hue, with similarly gilt columns running down the centre. Black marble statues of the same beautiful woman stand to the north and south-an inscription has been carved into each statue's base. Each statue holds out a hand as if in greeting. Rich tapestries hang on the walls at the centre of the gallery, while set at intervals along the tiled floor are three great golden plates slightly recessed. The ceiling is made of black marble shot through with a sparkling material.

The inscription reads. "By my touch may you enter the shining glory of my inner sanctum."


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

"Well, that seems a little...suspicious. The obvious answer is that she wants us to touch her hand, but is that a bluff or a double bluff? Though I suppose the 'prostrating' direction earlier was straight forward enough. I am afraid I do not know what is up with the plates though."

Seems like checking for traps would be very appropriate here.


Is someone searching for traps?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

I was assuming the rogue with a +16 base perception plus the +3 for being a rogue and searching for traps.


Oster, you do not find any traps


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne sighs. "I'd go first, but if something strikes us down, I've got the best chance of getting one of us back on their feet."


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Surprised that there appear to be no traps, Tatsuo reaches up to touch the hand of the nearest statue and then the hand of the one opposite. He then slowly makes his way through the room, trying to avoid the golden plates and keeping a wary eye on the ceiling. Each time he sees a statue, he makes sure to touch it's hand.


As you touch each of the statue's hands each of the plates start to glow equally brightly


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster glances back, and says:

"There was a secret door back there. I'm going to check it out quickly."

And does just that.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

are you gonna sneak past the maidens Oster?


Going to assume you are sneaking

This black marble-walled chamber's ceiling is lost in a layer of shimmering black fog, while a long golden rug runs down the centre of the room on the floor. A rectangular block of polished stone, black with fat blood-red streaks, sits at the eastern end of the rug. Several objects sit atop this stone, and the cinnamon-scented air is filled with a strange, nagging hum like that of a swarm of buzzing insects. The wall beyond the altar stone is decorated with a detailed mural of a voluptuous demonic woman with bat wings, a serrated tail, legs of molten stone and a crown of seven horns. Both of her hands are held out to her sides, palms turned up towards the ceiling- a globe of blackness hovers above each palm.

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,938 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.