SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,931 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Not quite yet willing to step on the glowing plates unless he had no other option, Tatsu, despite not being as trained in the matter as Oster, checked the door out of the room for traps before attempting to open it.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
If he doesn't find any traps, he's going to try to open the door to L16.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon is going to cast detect magic on both the statues and the glowing plates. If anything detects as magic, he is going to try to use his Spellcraft to learn more about it.

Spellcraft to identify magical properties: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

My bad luck with dice follows me even here!


Tatsuo you do not find any traps.

Calvon the plates do detect as magical, you identify the spell as teleport.

L16

A large sinkhole dominates the centre of this damp chamber. A five foot wide ledge runs around the pit, but the ledge slopes downward and is crusted with slippery looking slime.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Hmm, that's interesting.

Tatsuo finds a stone, casts Light on it, and tosses it down into the pit, being careful not to get too close to the edge.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks down the sinkhole, from a safe distance and shrugs.
"I am not keen on investigating this!"


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster returns and describes what is beyond the secret door.

He then looks at the sinkhole.

"Looks bloody dangerous that!"

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Oster, you recognise the goo at the bottom of the sinkhole as green slime.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"So, touch the hands right, and they teleport you to a good place. And wrong is into the goo?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Does the glow on the plates go out after a time, like 5 or 10 minutes? If not, does touching the hands again stop the glow?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

"Possibly. Here, someone take this rope in case I end up down there. I will try the teleportation pads. If I can find a way back, I will attempt to do that, but given that this seems to lead to the 'inner sanctum,' it is possible I might be delayed by another false Sorshen."

After handing someone enough rope to climb out if he gets teleported into the pit, unless someone objects, Tatsuo will finally try standing on one of the glowing pads.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"How about we destroy the goo first?", Oster asks.

"It would make choosing wrong not nearly so deadly."


You know from when you encountered it before that fire or cold damage is enough to destroy green slime.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo shrugs. "If it dislikes cold, I think I can handle that." He then proceeds to ray of frost the creature until it's dead.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks at the pit and shrugs.
"Do you think its worth it?"


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo shrugs as he continues to ping the creature. "All it costs is time and to my knowledge, we are not in a hurry."


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne laughs a little. "Oh, this is sooo much easier. And you're darn right it's worth it, Xango. A little preparation goes a long way."


Tatsuo, you manage to burn away the green slime


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster peers down, to see if the perished slime has revealed any loot or things of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo continues on his plan and stands on a teleportation pad.


There is nothing of interest in the sinkhole now the slime is gone.

Tatsuo you touch the plates, there is flash of light. (Move yourself to L17)

The air in this room is thick with the scent of expensive perfumes. Dozens of delicate crystal jars and vials are displayed on pedestals of polished pink marble along the walls. A glass orb that swims with amber light hangs from the ceiling fifteen feet above on a delicate, ten foot long golden chain


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Following Tatsuo Xango looks around.
"Well that looks nice. Let us collect what we need! And move on!"


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster shrugs and touches the plates also.

And grins at the sight of wealth.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Oster, you can see that there is a trap on the globe


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster raises his hand to signal caution.

"Globe is trapped. Can one of you get me close enough to it for disabling? Or do I have to chance the chain?"

Clearly, the prospect of leaving the globe alone seems to have escaped his mind entirely.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"Okay, let's not get separated. We don't know that there's an easy way back." With that, she also activates the teleportation pad.


You all arrive in the room with the globe. Oster if you wanted to disable it you would need to climb up 5 feet.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon also follows Tatsuo.

Seeing all the items in the room, including the orb, Calvon casts detect magic, scanning the whole room.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango offers to let Oster climb on his back.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

"Do you know how the trapped orb is triggered? If the trigger is easily avoidable, then there is no need for such acrobatics; we could just walk around and continue through those doors." Tatsuo points to the doors to the North.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Does Oster know this?


Oster,, you think that touching either the globe or the vials of perfume will cause the trap to go off.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"I'm pretty sure that touching the globe or the perfume will fire it off. Final call: do I try to disable it or not?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

"While I am interested in studying the magical properties of the globe, perhaps we can come back for it another time?"


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

"I would agree. Unless we plan to take the globe or the perfume with us as we continue to explore, I see no need to disable it currently and risk accidentally setting it off for no reason. Let us see where this doorway leads."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Fine by me!"


On to L18

This black marble-walled chamber's ceiling is lost in a layer of shimmering black fog, while a long golden rug runs down the centre of the room on the floor. A rectangular block of polished stone, black with fat blood-red streaks, sits at the eastern end of the rug. Several objects sit atop this stone, and the cinnamon scented air is filled with a strange, nagging hum like that of a swarm of buzzing insects. The wall beyond the altar stone is decorated with a detailed mural of a voluptuous demonic woman with bat wings, a serrated tail, legs of molten stone, and a crown of seven horns. Both of her hands are held out to her sides, palms turned up towards the ceiling-a globe of blackness hovers above each palm.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

knowledge check to id that? religion? history?
Memnosyne's nip curls in revulsion at the mural. "Perhaps she didn't age well," she quips. She peers around the room with both her eyes and her magical senses (casting detect magic).
percept: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31


Knowledge planes or religion or a craft painting check

Above the left hand there is an inscription that reads, "In deference to Our Lady of Shadows, the following are hereby consigned to servitude within the Lady's Light."

There is then a list of names although they appear to have mostly eroded over time. Only one name is visible- Ashimantallu.

Above the right hand the message reads, "Those who would seek my inner sanctum need only speak my artist's name."

Memnosyne you can detect 4 items on the altar that are magical, a dagger, 2 blocks of incense and a scroll.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Kn(Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Tatsuo pauses for a moment, trying to remember. There had been an artist's signature that they'd seen before. What was it again? Oh yes. "Amivadeus Yasrin? I think that was the name of the artist, wasn't it?" He looks around to see if anything happens.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

kn:religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Memnosyne's interest is, of course, piqued by the magical dagger.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
"Calvon, can you help me over here? Identifying magical properties was never my forte." She points out the magical items on the altar.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster eyes up the goods, and seeks any missed traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Appraise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Tatsuo you can't quite recognise the figure. Memnosyne you recognise that the shrine to Nocticula.

Oster you do not find any traps.

Tatsuo as you mention the artist's name you feel dizzy and slightly disorientated. When you recover you discover that your companions are nowhere to be seen, you are in a completely different room. (L19 on map)

This magnificent marble chamber is richly appointed. Its domed ceiling is fresco-ed with an image of a starry night sky, while a thick rug of exquisite manufacture covers much of the floor. A stairway rises to a pair of double doors to the west, while a hallway leads away to the south. Large alcoves decorated with gold tiles extend to the north and east. Black marble benches carved to represent coiling serpents sit on the northeast and southeast walls.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Do we see Tatsuo disappear? Or something else?


Yeah you see Tatuo disappear

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon casts detect magic and approaches Mem to help her identify the magical items, but stops suddenly when Tatsuo disappears. Not sure whether he should continue or deal with Tatsuo's disappearance, he looks to the others for guidance.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 5/8 2nd: 1/7 3rd: 4/5 4th: 4/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 8 (HP 35/35 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 6 | Init +7 | Percept 13)

Tatsuo staggers for a moment before regaining his balance. Not particularly inclined to go wandering off by himself, he instead chooses to examine the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Sighing Xango repeats what Tatsuo did.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster also follows Tatsuo's actions, keeping alert.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


From one of the alcoves come some strange creatures. They have the torsos of voluptuous women but with arms, legs and heads of nightmarish parodies of the human form

Knowledge dungeoneering

Is everyone else teleporting to the room too?


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 8 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 21/43 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 0/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster swiftly tries to duck behind cover and hide in the shadows, while trying to work out what he is seeing.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,931 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.