SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,878 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Memnosyne drops her morningstar to whip out a dagger. She tries to focus on the sounds of the spellcaster to aim her throw.
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

miss_chance: 1d100 ⇒ 2


Just for a moment Memnosyne you are able to see where you think the caster is and you throw the dagger,and it hits.

Xango, what are you doing?


Xango moves forward and swings in the area that Memnosyne targeted but misses. The spellcaster then tries to finish her spell.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


A bolt of black energy strikes Memnosyne as the creature appears.

Will 18 or frightened

This hairless humanoid lurches on back-bent, dog-like legs, its hideous mouth flanked by tiny arms with three-fingered hands.

On to block 3, you can have a knowledge dungeoneering roll on the creature, map and images updated.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Know: dungeoneering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Will Save dc 18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Oster takes one look at the monstrosity, then turns and starts to runs back the way the party came!


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Oster, I think it's just me that has to make that will save
will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Despite her iron will, the necromantic magic takes hold of Memnosyne and causes her to run away.

@GM:quick question:protection from evil says you get a second save control spells. Is that ONLY IF you were already controlled? And does that apply to what I'm assuming is a necromancy spell?


The creature is another lust sinspawn. They are immune to mind affecting affects and are resistant to electricity and have spell resistance. They are also able to fly and have a sinful bite

Yeah only Memnosyne targeted by cause fear. It's not clear from the map but the creature is actually flying 10 feet up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon casts magic missile, which has a 160 foot range so it looks like the creature is just within that.

damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Calvon's bolt flies through the air and strikes the creature and she howls in pain.

@Memnosyne - no you can have the reroll now

Back to block 1


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Regaining control of herself, she comes back to the fray. She flicks out a wand as she runs casting a spiritual weapon toward the spawn.
force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
since it missed, the SR won't affect it yet


The sinspawn moves towards Memnosyne and tries to bite her

Sinful bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Mnemosyne if it hits can you make a Will 18 save - you can roll twice because of protection from evil

Back to block 3


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

You skipped both my and Xango's actions from block 1
Despite Memnosyne's warning about the creature's resistance to magic, Tatsuo didn't have any better options to attack the creature with. Running up to it, he once more points his arms at it, though this time a gout of flame shoots out instead of electricity.

SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Burning hands: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4, 1) = 12 DC 19 Reflex save to halve


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango whirls his hammer and attacks the sinspawn after it attacks Memnosyne.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 252d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon casts another magic missile.

damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 3 = 11

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 :-(


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster continues running.

Where is he and when does he stop?


Tatsuo you spell fails to penetrate the creature's resistance.

Xango smashes the creature with his hammer.

Calvon your spell also fails to penetrate.

Memnosyne you manage to shake off the effects of the spell.

Oster, you were not affected by the spell - do you want to rethink your action?

Back to block 1


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster launches a sling bullet at the (hopefully) soft underbelly of the beast.

Sling, Sneak Attack within 30': 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Damage: 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (3, 2) = 8


The sling bullet misses the creature.

Memnosyne, Xango and Tatsuo your actions


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Sighing heavily as he gave up on spells, Tatsuo pulled out his sling, whirling it about.

Sling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


Tatsuo's sling bullet misses the creature

Memnosyne and Xango, your turn


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango observes his enemy as a move action, whirls his hammer and attacks again.
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 182d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 5) + 14 = 24


Xango fails to hit the creature.

Memnosyne throws a force dagger at the creature.

force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The sinspawn attacks Xango

guisarme: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 = 18

I have moved some of you up as you have advised you were closer in the combat.

On to block 3


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster launches another bullet.

Sling, Sneak Attack within 30': 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Damage: 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (2, 5) = 9

And for one round, to make sure it does not get away:

Hampered: All of the target’s speeds are reduced by half (to a minimum of 5 feet). In addition, the target cannot take a 5-foot step.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon casts spectral hand.

Spectral Hand duration: 50 rounds
Temp. HP Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Oster's sling bullet strikes the creature.

Back to block 1


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Sling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Not having used his sling in quite some time, Tatsuo once more misses.


Xango and Memnosyne, your actions


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
The force dagger seems to mostly be an annoyance to their foe, sadly.

Growling, she pulls out one of her tanglefoot bags and tosses it at the creature.
tanglefoot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
So it's entangled, -2 to attack, -4 to Dex and needs a DC15 reflex save or be unable to fly, in which case it will fall to the ground.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango drops the hammer, draws his sling and loads it.


The tanglefoot bag smashes across the creature and she is entangled.

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


The creature just manages to be able to continue flying.

The sinspawn attacks Xango

guisarme: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 3) + 11 = 17


Back to block 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Using spectral hand, Calvon casts shocking grasp on the creature.

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 YES!

I get a +3 bonus to my melee touch attack due to the creature having a metal weapon.
melee touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 2, 3) = 15


The sinspawn shrieks in pain as Calvon's spell gets past its natural defences.

Anyone else?


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster draws steel and plunges it towards the unnatural thing!

+1 Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Oster's blow misses.

Back to block 1


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Hoping that the force dagger is at least acting as some sort of distraction, she throws a dagger at the creature.
dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Not really having anything more useful to do, Tatsuo continues to miss with his sling.

Sling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

I am back but somewhat briefly; I'll be traveling/busy at a conference next Thursday through Sunday.


Both Memnosyne and Tatsuo miss.

Xango, your action


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango whirls his sling and shoots.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Looking at the beast he smiles.
"Can someone enlarge me?"


The sinspawn attacks Xango

guisarme: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 1) + 11 = 15

On to block 3


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster stabs with urgency!

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Critical?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Once more with shocking grasp.

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

damge: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 4, 4) = 18

That's not going to get through :(


Some of Calvon's spell gets through, the creature looks very angry.

Back to block 1


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Again the force dagger plunges towards the critter.
force dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
caster check for SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 assuming that actually hits for once

She also tries to score with a regular dagger as well.
dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo finally manages to land a blow probably with his sling, doing a pittance of damage.

Sling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2


Memnosyne's dagger and Tatsuo's sling bullet both hit the creature.

Xango, your action


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

is the enemy now in melee range?
Xango takes a step back and attacks with his sling again.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,878 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.