[SFS/Shifty/GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

PBP GDVI
Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

SM: 1d20 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) - 2 + (1) = 6
Zeta points to the aeon stone circling its head: "Thanks to that I have removed the burden of needing to hydrate. Whereas normally, as I was built, I I would need hydration. We are more cyborg than android, I think, since we have organic material and vat-grown skin and such. But we do have metallic parts, so silicone and oils are useful too".
Totally missing any and all clues, Zeta has no idea Harec is disappointed about his service, so: "That must have been great. Being able to focus on one thing for three years, to put all your energy into really studying this... you must be proud to have become the best janitor and climate control person there is. Lucky you!".

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk grows impatient as the others speak of their past in front of the establishment, though in fact he finds their customsand courtesies most interesting. "Enough chatter. We need to find the thief."

Entering the door he spreads his arms wide, producing a credstick in one hand and his personal computer in another, with Talbot's photo on the screen. His pirate crest emblazoned on his heavy armor he bellows out.

"Looking for a thief. First with any real information on his whereabouts gets 10 credits!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Though he doesn't come off as intimidating as he would have liked as 10 credits may not be enough.


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Digger’s Dive is a single-story structure built using imported wood. There are no windows, but there are small rectangular openings in the exterior walls at ceiling height to allow for ventilation. The front entrance is a swinging waist-high wooden half-door.

Faint electric lights dangle from the ceiling, while the open sky is visible from cracks between the planks that serve as a roof. The floor is solid wood. The interior walls and ceiling supports are mud brick, the latter being carved in a rare attempt at ornamentation.

The tavern is divided in two halves by an energy field with an opening on the northern end. The bar lining the southern wall is open to either side, with a wall of half-empty bottles behind it. The tables are wooden and makeshift, but solid. The east end has square wooden platform about a foot above the floor. Two sets of double doors are built into the northern and southern walls on the west end, both ajar. A single closed door provides an exit behind the west end of the bar.

Ruuk makes his proclamation and you immediately sense the error of it, the few groups in the tavern go silent and all eyes in the room narrow on him, most people turn away immediately, but a few start picking up their bottles and reaching under counters the barman stops polishing his glass, his rat like Ysoki jaw falls open, and he drops behind the bar. You hear safety catches coming off weapons.

You suspect Ruuk may only have seconds to live.

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon steps in front of Ruuk, hands raised in a "calm down" gesture.

What my colleague is ...()stupidly ()clumsily (*)inartfully...inartfully trying to say is that our friend is carrying an object which he thinks is harmless, but is actually highly radioactive.

We need to find him quickly before he absorbs a fatal dose. Has anyone seen him?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Yeah, I may have only seconds to live also.


Ermergherd
Tamons immediate thought

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid quietly observes the interactions, thinking to himself, ”a bar fight? We have read of them, and seen them in the holovids, but never experienced one ourself. On the other hand, we need information from here, and vertebrates do not get more talkative once you have injured their pride in public...”

He holds out his left hand and states in Akitonian, ”what our associates have inarticulately expressed may possibly have lost something in translation. We do seek something that was taken from another party, to be sure. We certainly did not mean to imply that any here were involved, or complicit. It is simply knowledge that we seek from those assembled, and like many things, we represent that knowledge is not free, so it is not expected to be freely given. Beyond that, price, of course is negotiable.”

Use my Communalism ability...

Diplomacy (C): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Diplomacy (C): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


"We got plenty of money since Talbot came to town and shared his wealth with all of us friend, and no one appreciates a bunch of out-of-towners slandering his good name" (there is a terse hubub of agreement)- these people look really incensed by this point, as the third party member seems to suggest that some kind of snitching on the 'town hero' is a good idea...

2d20 ⇒ (3, 12) = 15

Triskid spots an odd trio who are clearly not locals, but now trying to be very low key - a shirren and two vesk bodyguards in the corner of
the bar.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid recognizes the futility of further conversation with most of the patrons in the establishment, "we understand your loyalty in this matter. We respect it, and we shall make no further efforts to engage you on these topics out of that respect."

And to the Shirren across the room, he reaches out telepathically, "It does our thorax great warmth to find a clutchmate where we had not expected to find any. Are you and your accompaniment in any danger?"


The other Shirren silently communicates back "No, but you might be - your hive has just come in here like bounty hunters talking ill of the new town hero, they love Talbot like their own broodmother. If you have a plan to avoid being shot, you better comeup with it soon"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Back to the shirren, ”how well we know it. Some of the other races are not as used to living in community as we. If we survive this, we look forward to conversing with you later.”

To my group of Starfinders only: ”Please forgive our mental intrusion, but circumstances warrant. Ruuk, please provide heartfelt apology to locals, and perhaps purchase a round for everyone? The locals have the hero worship for our quarry. This complicates matters, but survive now, fix later.”

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta bounces into the bar, filming its companions - being careful not to film the patrons--
Profession VLogger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
--and calling out to all: "Great footage for Travelling Idiots, the new show! Cannot believe how these guys always end up saying the stupidest things, such a gift they have... Okay, show's over for the day. Let's cut the playacting, and all have a drink together!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (1) = 27

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Very nice Zeta!

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon looks momentarily confused.

But I was not...contextual_analysis()...subterfuge detected: 97.2% probability of embellishment for purposes of crowd control and situational conflict resolution...yes. It was certainly an amusing jape, yes? I am certainly a very good Travelling Idiot, aren't I?

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk growls at the locals but admires their loyalty. "Very well. A round for the house" He waves one of his arms to the barkeep."[/b] He gruffly looks to the patrons and utters out a meager. "Apologies, I meant no harm, just required answers." He comes off as a bit aloof but is actually trying to be as friendly as possible.


Safety catches go back on weapons, but the frostiness is still palpable - the round is bought for the house, but the friendship is clearly not being returned, at best you get to see the back of people as they turn away, some still give suspicious looks - no one is talking to you now - just the occasional overheard complaint about "Making light of the greatest man that ever lived", "the saviour of Maro", and "miracle man". You really grasp the regard in which Talbot is clearly held, particularly in a town where people would probably sell you their grandmother for a handful of credits and half a museli bar.

One of the Vesk bodyguards eventually moves over to you, you notice that he (and his twin and the Shirren) are wearing black armour with silver trim. "Mr Philt wants to talk to you" he points back to the Shirren in the corner "So come with me"

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk shrugs. "Lead the way." The Kasathas follows with both sets of arms folded across his chest.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta wipes a bead of silicone-sweat from its brow... and tries to figure out if the silver trimmed black armour rings some bell within its data banks.

some Recall Knowl': 1d20 ⇒ 19 if this merits a roll w. some Skill

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec has stayed silent and observed through the tense bar negotiations. When the Vesk moves over to invite them to a tete' with another Shiren, Harec's hands tighten around his rifle. remain calm Harec and move closer to the conversation.


Zeta recalls that this is the usual colour scheme and style of AbadarCorp, the largest corporate entity in the Pact Worlds.

The two Vesk keep their eyes scanning the crowd, beefy hands resting on pommels of rather large blades hanging from their hips. The Shiren regards you as you arrive "So, what are your real intentions towards Talbot? Based on your statements, he is probably hoping not to be found by you"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid observes his race mate. ”Our prime directive in this matter is the retrieval of the object that Talbot absconded with. You are Philt we presume? We are Triskid. Our friends can introduce themselves if they choose.” He considers how to phrase his next question, and decides to just be forthright, ”May we ask just where you stand on the matter and just what your interest might be?”


"Talbot approached our corporate buyers in Maro with a new, alternative fuel for Drift engines. The fuel was purchased for analysis, and if it checked out, would have been evaluated as a new commodity on the galactic markets. To the chagrin of our buyers, the fuel reverted to common thasteron not long after the AbadarCorp ships made to depart Akiton’s orbit. Philt explains that the fuel was purchased on good faith and AbadarCorp does not tolerate outright fraud. We ask you not to interfere with our capture of Talbot and any evidence he has to support our legal claims against him"

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

"It seems, Mr. Philt, that we are on parallel errands. We will retrieve stolen property, that is not Mr. Talbot's, nor is it anything to be used as evidence, or taken by others that are not its first and rightful owners. And you wish to capture and take back the person himself. Which we could maybe help you do. Even give testimony as to what swindle he performed if indeed he used what he stole. Thus we could help one another out and both get what came here looking for".

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (5) = 22

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

"As you see we are dealing with a thief and a liar. We need to find him right away and set things....right" Ruuk explains as if it were to help the point.

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”The stolen device we are seeking from Talbot is very capable of doing exactly what you describe.”

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec listens carefully never loosing the grip on his rifle and positioning himself 5 meters from the nearest bodyguard. Just in case I need to shoulder my weapon quickly. After Mr Philt begins speaking, Harec instinctively tries to reach out and read the jumbled thoughts of the hive minded Shirren. (from what I can gather it's a DC 13 will save for Mr. Philt (unless Shirrens have immunity to detect thoughts) If he has an intelligence of 24 or more..I'm stunned for one round. note: I purposely block out reading my companions thoughts even if they are within the the cone area effect. Unless the creature has psychic abilities of his own..there's no indication that he'd know I tried to read his thoughts even if he succeeds his will save. My main goal here is to catch any purposeful deceptions by Philt.


Harec From what I can gather Detect Thoughts is an SLA, and in Starfinder they seem to have done away with VSM etc, and the wording on Starfinder spells is "A cast spell always has obvious effects that are noticeable by nearby creatures; it is not possible to clandestinely cast a spell" - thoughts?

"An interesting proposal, are you freelance bounty hunters? For you to give any such testimony I need to measure it's worth - which agency do you represent? What is the device?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk speaks up. "We have been sent on behalf of the Starfinder Society. The fool believes himself to have a Philosophers Stone but in reality he has a Charlatan's stone that acts such as Mida's Hand." Ruuk goes on to explain. "He stole the stone from the Starfinder's Vault and fled here. The stone only creates an illusion of wealth and purpose. Nothing more."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”Indeed,” adds Triskid, ”although we do not believe it, the possibility exists that charlatanry is not, in fact, on the thief’s list of true crimes. He may be unaware of the impermanence of his creations. Again, we do not believe it, but the stars and their neutrality require that we express the possibility.”

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Silent as always, Myr'iad remains near the back watching their backs while the others handle the delicate situation.


"Starfinders. I see." he pauses on that to think a moment, "We are happy to let you capture Talbot and deliver him to AbadarCorp’s custody, that way we don't have to be involved with the handling of strange objects of dubious provenance and questionable danger. I would prefer Talbot alive but I do not require it"

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

"Thus is seems we have a deal. Can you tell us a little of what you know, and where he might be staying now? He arrived here and spread his wealth? Or did he do tricks to make people like him... tricks that might backfire like the Drift fuel with you, and see him lynched?".


"We've been observing quietly, it seems he took the payment from us and was they very generous spreading it around to the locals - everybody here got a payment, and it has bought him significant loyalty and friendship. You won't find a person with a bad word to say about him, indeed even raising a questions in any way that could be seen as disparaging gets an unfriendly response that will quickly turn hostile...best we have is that he is hiding out in a nearby mine."

***

Myr'iad quietly scans the crowd, she spots a miner ending a calll on his comms unit - he looks at her and they lock eyes for a moment, then he looks away a bit sheepishly and makes some inaudible comment to his friends at the table and they start putting down their beers as though they are about to leave.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

"Are you aware of any contingents that would be in his presence when we confront him? Would your corporation be able to shield us from the locals once we have apprehended him and given into your custody?" Myr'iad tilts their head slightly while watching the room when they spot the miner. "We believe our cover may have just been blown. That miner was making a call when we spotted it. While we are not so understanding of organics' behaviors, it would appear to us that he was uncomfortable with our scrutiny and is preparing to leave abruptly."


Your cover was sorta compromised when the first party member rolled in and flashed Talbots photo and declared you were hunting him as a thief with a reward for info :p

"AbadarCorp can arrange something with the locals, assuming you don't get too out of hand"

Myr'iad hears a vehicle pulling up outside.

Pause
Awaiting Harec to resolve the Detect thoughts, then moving to [redacted]

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

...I had completely forgotten about that part! Oh, you darn kasatha...

"We believe we can keep the kasatha from making any additional mistakes. There is a vehicle arriving now. We believe that these miners are preparing to, if we may use a colloquial human term, 'rat' us out to our quarry."

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Assuming Harec would have know that calling on his own innate spell like ability would attract attention. Harec would have excused himself from conversation to use the restroom right after the Vesk bodyguard ask'd Ruuk' over to Philt's table. Inside the stall of the restroom Harec would have summoned those innate abilities and then held his concentration as he came out of the restroom. The spell (or spell-like ability) of detect thoughts can be held as long as you concentrate and has an area affect of a 60ft cone. So I could have comfortable stayed a distance from the conversation while still picking up Philt's surface thoughts. Perhaps I would have missed the first minute? first two minutes of the conversation?( I might have been able to catch 30-40 seconds of the conversation, maybe enough to clue me in if this Mr. Philt is being strait-forward with his promises) Also if I noticed Myr looking at the individual who was apparently making a phone call...I would have briefly turned my detect thoughts cone on that person for 4-5 rounds to "hear" what they were thinking as well.

assuming GM lets me retcon Detect thoughts:
Harec looks warily as the Vesk bodyguard approaches and excuses himself as Ruuk' and the others engage with the mysterious "Mr Philt." When he gets to a private stall in the restroom he summons his innate ability to read other beings thoughts. As he exits the lavatory, Harec's mind is flooded by the surface thoughts of the dozens of people in the bar. He stumbles for a moment but, the gathers himself and concentrates on one individual across the room..A Shiren that several of his comrades are already engaged in conversation with. A being known by the name of "Mr Philt". (DC: 13 will save for Mr Philt) As the conversation wraps up, Harec notices Myr'iad's eyes scanning the room as if looking at someone or something important. Harec tries to spot what Myr is so intrested in perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 if perception is successful in spotting the same guy Myr'aid did..Harec will quickly turn his attention toward that individual and try to read his thoughts for a few seconds (assuming I have 3-4 rounds left on my detect thoughts)

if Harec cannot retcon detect thoughts:
Harec thinks of casting detect thoughts but knows that many are familiar with the gesticulations and ritual necessary to call upon his races innate powers therefore, Harec refrains from reading the Shiren's thoughts but keeps a close eye on the situation ...acid rifle ready if needed. note if he spots the guy Myr points out making the com call ..he attempts to read that guy's thoughts regardless that he's surrounded by persons and no mater the consequences.


No worries - as we are all trying to work out where the Starfinder edges are, I'll make the Hollywood call and work with what you have written :p I'll throw you a freebie though that probably would have occurred to Harec.
3d20 ⇒ (17, 17, 1) = 35

Harec tries reading thoughts, but in both cases he struggles - the Shirren is just a bit too alien, and the miner a bit too drunk. As an afterthought he tries one of the Guards, and finding no overt malice, seems satisfied enought that the AbadarCorp people are probably being on the level. He needs no mind probing powers though to suspect the miner has, as Myr'iad suggested, just ratted you all out to someone. And the arrival of a vehicle outside (near the entrance) is likely very connected.

The AbadarCorp bodyguards pick up on the signs and step across to the Shirren and signal it is time for him to go...

A deep booming female voice echoes from outside the front of the bar. “Intruders! We know you’ve come to Tasch in search of our savior. I give you this one chance. Lay down your weapons and leave our town. You will not disrupt the salvation of Akiton, not when Reynald Talbot has come so close to saving our world! You have one minute to decide.”

The miners all start moving out of the way, some darting out the front door quickly... no one wants to be involved.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta moves over close to the corner of the entrance door's wall and the force field, pulling its auto-pistol, then it faces the entrance-door, and removes a frag grenade.
It tries to listen to how many people might be arming weapons and getting ready to enter with the female-voice one, though it might be impossible to do so with all the people running around.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec moves towards the bar and turns a table over ducking half way behind it. He levels his rifle at the front door ready to fire should the mob outside resort to force. Harec has a readied action. Should obvious hostiles enter through the front door he shots the 2nd in line.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid draws his azimuth pistol, and pats his medical pouch. ”While we are usually disinclined towards violence, the universe has its own agenda. Even the creation and destruction of the stars themselves are violent events. Who are we to refuse to participate when the universe sends violence in our direction.” He looks around, ”we are not, however, great at tactics. How may we help the collective in this struggle?”


Harec, Pangea, and Triskid begin positioning.

The crowd starts moving outside, the AbadarCorp bodyguards push their way through with their boss who turns and says "Remember our deal, we will talk soon" and they too exit.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr'iad silently draws their pistol in one hand and knife in a reverse-grip in the other before moving into a better position behind a nearby table.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”Excuse us a moment,” entreats Triskid. ”We are unsure of the social norms of this event. During our eight years, none of our fights have occurred in a barlike setting. Are not barfights to be conducted solely with fists, beverage containers, and barstools? We would not wish to violate some social norm unexpectedly.”


Triskid is about to get a hands-on understanding of his Culture skill

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')
Shifty wrote:
Triskid is about to get a hands-on understanding of his Culture skill

Sweet!

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

"We think more deadly violent is about to comment, Triskid. We would suggest preparing a weapon in such an event. We think this would likely be due to Ruuk's blunder."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid holds up his already drawn pistol, and then pulls his baton, ”are we now appropriately equipped for the event?”

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr'iad grins. "Yes, that would be appropriate."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk moves behind a table in case they come in with lasers firing first. From his fist a bright red more forms. Slowly it writhes across his closed fist as it becomes a mass of writhing red tentacles with a dark black centered mass.

He stands behind the overturned table and waits. "Let them come."

Solar weapon manifestation into a mass of writhing tentacles.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid will seek cover as well, the thicker the better.

51 to 100 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty / GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.