[SFS/Shifty/GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

PBP GDVI
Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

"It was our duty and pleasure friend Myr'iad," Triskid responds, as he watches the android rush off to the next butt whipping. "We hope it is Talbot's butt this time," he thinks.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Frustrated with his inability to hit anything with his rifle..Harec never-the-less, pursues Talbot. He grasp for the laser pistol he recovered off the Ysoki earlier that day while trotting toward the slow rolling mining cart holding Talbot. Harec's fingers instead dance upon the hilt of his survival knife. Haven't had any luck with shooting let's see how well I remember my hand-to-hand training! Harec decides to pull his Survival Knife stopping just short of running in to the cart carrying Talbot.

Double move pulled my survival knife. don't know if I get an AoO if Talbot shoots or moves but I'll roll it under a spoiler just in case.

AoO (if needed):
knife: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

*edit* LOL! don't bother even looking beneath the spoiler! more of the same!

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon moves forward to keep Talbot in sight, attempting to keep cover if possible, firing as soon as possible.

Rife: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

The careening cart throws off his aim and he curses silently.


Ruuk finally emerges victorious but horribly beaten from the brawl with the miners, the last one finally being defeated.

Triskid lays some healing down on Myr.

Myr hops up and after giving several assurances we all hope are true, takes off after Talbot.

Tamon taks a shot that fails to land.

Harec also has little luck.

Pang only hits the side of the heavy mining cart!

Talbot laughs imperiously "Are you people the future of the Society!? as the mining cart continues to pull away, moving up to the unload bay.

Trick attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The deception isn't quite enough to catch Harec out, but the shot is!

Harec is struck by the discharge!

R7 cont
Triskid
Pangea
Tamon
Myr'iad
Ruuk

R8
Harec
ENEMY

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Trick Attack (Stealth): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 4 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
TA Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Myriad rushes around the corner to face off with Talbot once again, firing their laser pistol too soon and the weapon only strikes the side of the mining cart. "Zeta, cut off his escape at the entryway!"

Dude... this just has not been our fight... Doesn't help our opponent has a stuuuuuupid high attack bonus lol.


#nocomment

Myr shoots wide... Talbot keeps riding high!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid moves, and being within 10' of his ally, his communalism ability allows him to roll his attack roll twice...

Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Woot!

We'll obviously take the critical hit!

critical hit damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 Booo!

And a DC 12 REF save or catch fire for 1d4 per round...


Triskid gets a shot perfectly on point!

Ref 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Talbot catches fire!

Talbot 20

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

At least he'll take another 1d4 before he gets to act!

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

@Triskid- With a critical doesn't the critical effect go off immediately? So would do double damage and burn for 1d4. The initial burn damage would determine what the DC will be each round.Critical Hits CRB 245; Burn CRB 182 and 273. So the DC changes each round.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

With his enemy defeated Ruuk turns around and chases after their target. "You get Talbot yet?"

Double Move


BURNING
You are on fire. As long as you have this condition, at the start of your turn each round before you take any actions (or attempt the Reflex saving throw described below), you take the listed amount of damage as fire damage (or 1d6 fire damage, if no amount is listed in the effect that causes burning). Fire damage from multiple sources that inflict the burning condition is cumulative.

So it would kick off before Talbot acts, but doesn't trigger immediately

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

A few questions..I took 5 dmg that all goes off my stamina correct?
Second question has Tamon or Pangea acted yet? Last question is it still round 7 or 8?


Damage comes off Stamina first, then starts cutting into HP

R7 cont
Triskid - Attacked
Pangea
Tamon
Myr'iad - Attacked
Ruuk - Attacked

R8
Harec
ENEMY

Whilst we have not gotten to the top of round 8 yet, you can certainly post up your intent/action and they will just roll straight on

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon takes careful aim in possibly his last chance at Talbot.

Rifle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

This time his aim is much better.


There is the sharp crack of rifle fire and Talbot falls into the mining cart, flames still coming up out of it!

Talbot is now out of sight

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Pangea calls out to Harec: "Shrug off the attack and move on, victory is at hand!", using his Envoy's power for his companion to regain strength and stamina.
Then, seeing that Talbot is not in sight, Pangea-Zeta moves on over to the mine exit, to block egress.

Using Envoy powers to heal Harec 5 SP, now used on Myr’iad - Triskid - Ruuk - Harec

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec nods an accepting thanks as Pangea-Zeta treats his wounds. What's next? Pursuit? Or do we wait at the entrance of the mine for him to come out?...What if there's another egress? Harec walks over to his rifle and dust it off shouldering it and sheathing his knife while drawing the laser pistol.


1d4 ⇒ 2

The mining cart comes to a halt at the top of the loading bay. Flames still coming out of it.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

'He's in the cart, up there!"

I didn't have the actions to go up the little wall or whatever, and do anything, so moved to block the exit in case he comes flying out... but seeing the hits he's been getting, I imagine he's down... might burn to death poor man

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid moves towards the cart, with no interest in Talbot, but every interest in the artifact they have been sent to retrieve.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myriad watches as Talbot drops down into the cart, looking quite winded. "Well done, everyone. We must put those flames out before he perishes and then bind him. We still need him to direct us to the artifact." They holster their laser pistol and knife, drawing out a collapsible baton instead, an involuntary wince twitches from the wound on their neck which is still slowly oozing silver blood. "One of you must pull Talbot out as you are not as wounded as us. We will cover you in the event this is a ruse."


Moving up to the cart you can see Talbot is inside and very much alight. Even the most first-aid skill challenged person can see that he is simply a rapidly charring corpse.

Putting out the flames and fishing the body out of the cart you find a 'miraculously untouched' gemstone that fits the description of the artifact.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

"We call this success, do we not? The locals will not be pleased with us."

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

"We imagine neither will our AbadarCorp contact. We believe they preferred the man alive to seek recompense for their losses. We should ensure there is nothing else in this cave and then return to Absalom Station quickly. Nothing good can come from remaining here much longer. We are curious why he would make such a strange decision... Organics are very confusing."

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Agreed. This course of action taken by Talbot is not logical.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec walks over to the others while adjusting his shoulder strap. So he didn't make it out huh?

Mry'aid wrote:
We should ensure there is nothing else in this cave and then return to Absalom Station quickly

Harec looks to Myr'aid, Why not just go now? What could we hope to find?


You quickly return to where Talbot was encountered - all of the miners have died from their injuries.

Talbot’s office contains scattered living items, like extra clothes and some nutrient food packs.Talbot appears to have been tinkering with some item, a recently completed but uninstalled armour upgrade, that lies on the desk in his office.

Based on some of the bags being partially packed you suspect Talbot was probably thinking about leaving town very soon.

You've swept the mine and not much of interest remains in there so it's over to the party, what now?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”Can you tell what thing was intended to do?” Triskid points at the armor modification. ”Many images of this location, and of the dead Talbot are recommended. Some of you could also use a rest we think.”

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

"I need a breather", says Zeta, and he will take a little rest, trying not to breathe in too many barbecue fumes.

SP back to full

After having checked out the caves and office and such: 'Let us deliver Talbot. Abadar can see he underwent the trial by fire".

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Hearing of Talbot's successful capture Ruuk takes a moment to rest. Recover Stamina

"We need to search the area for the Charlatan's Stone."

Take 20 for 21


You are certain the stone was the item on the body - and in a 'no gotcha' act of good faith, it certainly is :)

Triskid gathers up the evidence, and collects the many images. Talbot is loaded on the back of your vehicle under a tarpaulin, and you have rested enough to make the journey towards town.

You call Philt to arrange your rendezvous outside of town, and like clockwork, you see him appear at the location with his two bodyguards and their vehicle.

Over to you how you want to play the handover

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec examines the armor upgrade to see if it's useful knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 He then helps search the rest of the complex and also helps to load Talbot's body on to the transportation. When they get to their rendezvous with Philt, Harec hangs back near the vehicle rifle ready in case things go sour. Never was much of a talker..will let those that are trained in negotiations handle such maters.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

"Well met, Master Philt, may AbadarCorp and the Starfinders always work hand in hand like this, by Triune and Abadar! We have bad news: though we are fulfilling our deal to bring you Talbot, he did more than resist, with more people attacking us to cover his escape. And though we tried to subdue him, we were not fast enough in getting to him before he passed away by immolation. He underwent his own trial, by fire, thus he has been punished for his crimes, and his body is here, for you to take to your superiors and court. We also have what we were looking for, and no one will try to swindle you ever again with it".

Diplomacy check:
This is either an Aid Another, or a pure Diplo' check. If it is a pure Diplo' then there might be people doing Aid Another
Diplo': 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (4) = 21


One of the vesk moves forward and checks over the body, then nods back to Philt.

"Then our business is satisfactorily concluded; we have the body, and you have the object you sought. I ams sure those people DID attack you, after all, you were coming to put an end to their 'saviour'... good thing you all survived"

The vesk starts crossloading the body over.

"Our business is concluded then? Anything further?"

He seems in a rather amenable mood, especially with Pangaea being relatively calm and smooth

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

SM: 1d20 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 2 + (2) = 2
Pangea raises an eyebrow, trying to see what makes dour Philt so chipper?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Must be your personal magnetism

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”It would be appreciated if you could both place a report regarding your amenable interface with the Society, and with us. We shall do the same on our end, hopefully furthering future positive relations between our two agencies.”

Diplomacy (C): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec listens to the conversation at a distance. He neither likes or trust Philt. sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 Harec is unsure but, he thinks his dislike for the Shiren extends beyond the creatures race. why do I get the feeling this guy isn't who he says he is? Sure wish I could summon the strength to try and read his thoughts again today.


"Of course. You know how to honour a bargain, and AbadarCorp appreciates those who come through on deals and ensure business can be prosperous for everyone"

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec interrupts suddenly You know most intergalactic criminals have some kind of bounty on them... It would be a shame to find out sometime later that, our new friend collected the whole bounty and forgot to share it with you know.... the people who actually caught the criminal... I do so hate chasing down old debts Harec drums his fingers on his rifle waiting for one of his more forceful companions to pick up the narrative. aid another intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

just wanted to mention that if I nailed this ( motive of Philt) you can thank watching too many Westerns when I was younger. I just can't think why this guy would be so happy unless he was Talbot somehow masquerading or he's stealing a reward from us.. too many bad TV shows I guess. Anyhow I've aided the best players intimidate ( person with highest modifier) That's about all I can do unless combat breaks out


"We never posted a bounty, we knew we'd have him soon enough. What we don't have is whatever it is you have retrieved form him. AbadarCorp sent us to recover him, your organisation sent you - did your employer post a bounty? Both of us got what we wanted, and in short order, I'm happy to be off this horrible rock of a planet and for a deal-breaker to get his due. We aren't able to recover the debt, that mining town is awash with it for now - for as long as that lasts - but whats left of this body will be an opportunity to show others the folly of ripping off AbadarCorp"

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

What is with Harec? Is he always this distrustful? Should I be distrustful?

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

If I still trust Philt:

Tamon moves to comfort the excitable Lashunta.

context_analysis()...complete (0.0320ms). Folksy accent is recommended to reduce chance of violent confrontation by 13%. {WARNING} 6% chance of backfire making violence more likely.

Easy there, feller. Ah think our...uh..."friend" here just wants to done tidy up and vamoose. We got the thang we wanted, and if he's cheatin' us -- he steals a look to Philt for his reaction -- then he knows we got weapons and we know how to use 'em. Right, hoss? So let's just blow this town like the wind. Whaddya say, partner?

If I don't trust Philt based on that SM check:

context_analysis()...complete (0.0299ms). A logical and matter-of-fact demeanor will convey significance and is known to be 14% more intimidating.

I think my friend Harec has a good point. If you're cheating us, we will find out sooner rather than later, and it won't go well for you.

Intimidate, Aid Another: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's a 20, so all good

Tamon feels that Philt was probably just initially happy and satisfied to get his man, but then Pangaea came in and warmed him up with the diplomatic overtures, making him far friendlier and viewing you all as more 'friends and allies' than 'pack of mercenaries'. Perhaps he is just a bit more buoyant about concluding business with some friends rather than having to drag talbot kicking and screaming from a burning town of now desperate miners...

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon moves to comfort the excitable Lashunta.

context_analysis()...complete (0.0320ms). Folksy accent is recommended to reduce chance of violent confrontation by 13%. {WARNING} 6% chance of backfire making violence more likely.

Easy there, feller. Ah think our...uh..."friend" here just wants to done tidy up and vamoose. We got the thang we wanted, and if he's cheatin' us -- he steals a look to Philt for his reaction -- then he knows we got weapons and we know how to use 'em. Right, hoss? So let's just blow this town like the wind. Whaddya say, partner?

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec grimaces and says in a low voice to Tamon, I still don't trust him. With that he boards the shuttle they rented and says, Let's get out of here, our business is done and we need to catch the next transport off this Rock. With that Harec slams the side panel of the shuttle shut partially obscuring his view of the smooth talking Shiren.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk slaps harec on the back as he enters the ship. "No need to go looking for a fight with everyone." Ruuk says, though he knows it goes on deft ears, including himself as he had not yet sized up the Vesks.

"Let's get out of here"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Allowing a final window for cool speeches, internal monologues, or any other dialogue whilst Talbot gets offloaded before you all start moving off-planet and concluding the adventure...

Is this 80's TV? Is there a bit where Myr'iad turns to the camera and starts with "remember kids..." and gives us a 10-second talk on how Talbot did the wrong thing?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

retrospective_analysis()...Actions well performed: persistence, grit, tracking, healing serum use, composure under stress; Actions moderately successful: rifle (short range), teamwork; Actions requiring improvement: social interactions, stealth. Overall efficiency 89% plus or minus 3.7%.

moral_analysis()...You did not compromise your core values for short or long term personal or team gain. {Success}. Talbot sacrificed his personal integrity for short term gain, and profited briefly only to lose the only thing of any real value: his future.

Tamon is lost in his thoughts as the shuttle makes it way upward.

Great adventure, everyone! Thanks for running, Shifty!

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Yes, thanks!

301 to 350 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty / GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.