[SFS/Shifty/GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

PBP GDVI
Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Replaces old thread


You have been summoned to the Lorespire Complex on Absalom station Station to meet Venture-Captain Arvin [see slides] for a briefing.

***
The doors to the office slide open with a soft pneumatic hiss. Inside is a well-lit and blue carpeted office. Venture-Captain Arvin, a handsome and determined-looking damaya lashunta, sits behind a desk, his eyes riveted on a glassy display. After a heartbeat, he glances towards the open door and motions everyone to enter. “Apologies, please come in. Be seated if you like, although this shouldn’t take long.” Arvin taps a button on a console and murmurs to a digital assistant, “Croyd, put everything on hold for a few minutes. If anyone calls, please explain I’m in mission briefing and I’ll get right back to them.” He then darkens the display to give his full attention. “Right. I have an assignment for you. This one is a little a different than others you might have received" He pauses before he explains, “It’s an internal matter. You’re probably aware that after the Scoured Stars incident many of our colleagues elected to leave the Society. That is unfortunate, but not surprising. We hate to lose good field agents, but no one is conscripted into our ranks. Normally we wish them well and that’s that. In this case, the defector, former field agent Reynald Talbot, stole an artifact from the Lorespire Complex before departing. Theft is where the Society draws the line; I need you to get that artifact back".

“Unfortunately, Talbot left weeks ago and we only discovered the theft in the last 24 hours. We launched an immediate investigation to determine the identity of the thief and their last known whereabouts. It’s our bad luck that Talbot was smart enough to get off the station and head to Akiton, where there’s no central government or law enforcement to easily call upon. I need you to track him down and recover the artifact. We know Talbot caught a shuttle to the Akitonian city of Maro, so that’s a great place to start. The Society will, of course, cover your travel expenses.”

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

"Elected to leave. You mean dishonorable and no sense of loyalty." A gruff voice is heard from the corner where a tall and very well armored Kasathas stands.

A slotted helmet shows only black orbs for eyes as a rebreather lets him keep his face completely covered. A ceramic breastplate, shoulder guards, bracers, and greaves protect him while facilitating the graceful kasathan close-combat style. as the red and gold scheme glint in the bright lights. The well-known colors of the Space Pirate Wraith Clan.

"And a thief as well." One of the four fists clenches into a fist. "Don't worry we will find him and make sure he regrets doing something like that to the Starfinders ever again. Akiton will be the least of his worries."

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta enters the room and bows its head to VC Arvin:
"Good to see you again, Captain, though I imagine not in the best of circumstances".

After listening intently to the briefing, Zeta nods:
"Akiton. I am going home".

Turning to the Starfinders who will be its comrades during this mission:
"My name is Prototype Android & Nanite Genesis Enterprise - Akiton: PANGEA Zeta model serial, #101218-706, but please call me Zeta".

Tall, and very charismatic - for an Android -, Zeta is dressed in a practical travel outfit over dark second skin armor, and carries an industrial backpack, with a big roll of titanium cable strapped to its side.
On its belt: pistol, ammo' clips, knife, several grenades, and some serum vials.
Zeta has an aeon stone spinning around its head, and a Starfinder insignia clipped to its breast.

The android rapidly types on its armor's Comm' Unit and sends a VR page to its fellows: ---PANGEA---

Turning back to VC Arvin, Zeta asks:
"Several points, Captain, if I may ask: what artefact must we retrieve - name, description, dangers...? What are former field agent Reynald Talbot's strengths that we must prepare for - since I imagine he will not part with said artefact easily? Do you have an image of him? And what race is he? Were the last known whereabouts weeks ago or more recent? Any idea of some contact he might have in Maro? And, finally...".
Zeta looks around, and lowers its voice:
"What are we to do with this thief?".


"What is the artifact? Good question, but the answer is complicated because it’s actually two questions: what the artifact is and what Talbot thinks it is. We’re operating under the assumption that Talbot thinks he’s stolen an object from old Golarion called a philosopher’s stone. Legend has it that the stone could transmute matter, among other properties. What Talbot actually stole was recently re-cataloged as a charlatan’s stone. It does something similar, except the effect is a potent illusion and only temporary. We think ancient con artists used to make false gold. Not dangerous if not used.”

"The last known whereabouts - catching the shuttle - is weeks old, but that's the hand we've been dealt"

"Tablot himself, he’s smart, capable, a bit brash, and a reasonable field agent. Talbot is also self-entitled and ambitious. After the Scoured Stars incident, he expected to be promoted to venture-captain, but the Forum felt he needed more time. He got angry. We think this theft is retaliation.” The Venture Captain pauses a moment as though thinking something through, then continues “I want the stone back. Talbot’s not worth the expense of dragging back here, so you can do whatever you think is necessary with him. That said, you don’t have a license to go on a mass killing spree. Don’t make the Society look bad. It might be tough to do on Akiton, but don’t take that as a challenge.” you are provided a picture of the fugitive.
See slides

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

An android with bluish-green skin and green circuits speaks up.

Lexical analysis complete. Additional data needed on phrase "Not dangerous if not used" (z-quotient 97.3279, lexical cartography {-3, -7, 0, 0, -1}). Query additional data re: companions/allies.

I am intrigued by the phrase "Not dangerous if not used". Can you elaborate?

Also, does this Talbot have any known companions or allies?

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Venture Captain Arvin, I finally get to meet the legend himself. Lashunta's are fairly common in the Starfinder guild but, Arvin has made a name for himself.... I wonder why he's summoned me? Harec hurries along the passage ways and finally makes his way to the Venture Captain's office. He is shown in right away, and a pleasant human assistant notifies him he is the last to arrive as she opens the door to the Captain's office. My apologies everyone, this is only my second time on Absalom station, I took the wrong shuttle and was delayed. To his fellow Lashuntan, Harec sends a brief telaphatic message, My sincere apologies commander, I'll endeavor to learn the transport system so this won't happen again Embarrassed, Harec folds his hands in front of his waist and listens to the remaining brief.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

A somewhat nondescript shirren, if such can be said to exist in a realm where most sentients were vertebrates, enters the discussion. "We offer our meager skills to aid this endeavor. We speak the language of Akiton, should that be useful. However, we have learned that many find us uncomfortable to speak with. We will not be offended if our knowledge of space and medicine is most needed by the Society, as social skills are not our strength."

The shirren wears many blues and reds, with celestial formations sewn into his clothes, and a ball cap with the symbol of Ibra on the front! "We are called Triskid."


Tamon Si wrote:


I am intrigued by the phrase "Not dangerous if not used". Can you elaborate?

"It is a magical item that people might consider to be a 'cursed', don't start triggering it and things wont go wrong, unless you are in the business of producing fools gold and the trouble often follows such endeavours. Put it in a box, bring it back here, don't play with it" the Lashuntan smiles. "Talbot ran off alone with a valuable item, but he's headed to a place where people can make fast friends and faster enemies - so tread carefully"

After hearing all the greetings and acknowledging you all the Venture-Captain seems confident "It appears you have a wide variety of skills and experience, I have confidence in you as a team to go and get this done"

Arvin slides you your boarding passes for the journey to Akiton and confides a final thought in a calm but slightly resigned manner “We need to make a statement. Rumors of the theft are already circulating through the Society, and it’s important to send a message that we’re not going to tolerate that type of betrayal. Also, if we don’t react, we convey that our work is not very important because it’s not worth defending. That said, the charlatan’s stone is not worth dying over, so be careful.”

With that, and the boarding passes in hand, you know it's time to start packing...

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta is about to state that if the Stone might not worth be dying for, the Society's honor surely is... but decides to think about that a bit.
Never eating or drinking, not even breathing, Zeta is already packed and ready.
The android salutes VC Arvin, and goes to check its boarding pass: First Class?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Androids ride in the back with the luggage!

Triskid clicks and clacks briefly before offering, "In our experience, few things are worth dying over. It is an unfortunate circumstance that things worth killing over seem so abundant in the universe, however."


Pangea-Zeta wrote:
First Class?

No less!

Giving Myr'iad a chance to chime in, then kicking us forward.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

An androgynous, yet very human looking android with dark hair and aqua colored eyes sits quietly through the briefing, allowing the others to ask the important questions. Lacking the normal highly visible circuitry of their kind, there is an occasional silvery glow that appears beneath the skin, following the familiar pathways. "We are called, Myr'iad. You may call us 'Myr' for short if you prefer. We find it to be more efficient for some species. We have no further questions, Venture-Captain." The voice the comes from the android is strange as it almost sounds like an amalgam of male and female voices, shifting seamlessly mid-word.

They look at the other Starfinders. "We shall gather our property and rally with you at the transport vessel." In short order, Myr'iad returns wearing loose, slightly baggy clothing of blacks and greens with a collared, zip-up jacket. A very visible laser-pistol rests in a thigh-holster on the right thigh with a knife strapped to the left thigh.


Now might be a good time for a Culture check...

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Culture (C)(1): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Zeta accesses its data banks--
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
--and sees that the cache is filled with dancing robot clips.
Zeta purges it, but too late to retrieve anything interesting.

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Having not been to Akiton before Ruuk is not familiar in their ways or cultures. Though that has never stopped him before.

Not trained in Culture.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

So Akiton is it? Well you knew the Starfinders wouldn't leave you on Castrovel forever! But why did my first mission abroad have to include a Shirren? The Kasatha's are strange but noble. The androids are much like their human forefathers ..except with more common sense generally. But, these hoarding insects! Enemies of my people for generations! It is a new time and I will grow with it...but I'll not forget the stories my grandfather told me of the war.

Harec stores his luggage in a compartment up front then, goes to find his seat, as stated on the boarding pass. When he arrives at his seat, he sees his new Shirren team-member Triskid, already seated next to his assigned seat. Without breaking stride, he walks past his assigned seat and the Shirren. Harec then moves toward the economy class section of the vessel. When he spots a steward, he motions him over and says quietly, I've no need for this first class seat. Perhaps you could find a deserving individual and give it to them..? Harec considers for a moment, while handing over the ticket, Oh, and no need to tell them it was from me, I'd rather it be given in ambiguity ...if you understand my meaning? Seeing the steward nod in understanding, Harec moves to one of the many open economy seats and straps himself in for the journey. He wiggles around a little with his wide frame, trying to get comfortable. A little snug.. thinks Harec while, looking around at an abundance of empty seats. But the company is much better! Harec adjust his in flight pillow and begins a fitful and restless sleep cycle.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

This will be a fun mission!

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr'iad watches from their seat as the lashunta, whose name they never learned, walks passed the first class seating area to the rear of the vessel. They curiously watch as he hands the attendant his boarding pass and take a different seat. Myr'iad looks to their other companions with a blank look. "We wonder why the lashunta prefers the smaller seating to these more spacious arrangements here? Clearly his frame would fit better with more room to maneuver. We have heard that organics' muscles can become temporarily atrophied if left in a stationary position for extended period of time. We do not understand why the lashunta would purposely seek out muscular atrophy." They stare blankly at Harec for a few moments before turns back around and attempting to make sense of the bizarre behavior.


Tamon:

Tamon knows some information about the Pact World of Akiton.

* Akiton is smaller than the Golarion standard with ×1/3 gravity and a thin atmosphere. This means non-acclimated people, can jump three times as high and carry three times the normal weight, although they gain no additional movement speed. Likewise, unless they wear any type of armor, the unacclimatized people must succeed at hourly Fortitude saves (as described on page 396 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook) or become fatigued.

* Akiton suffered an economic crash when the revelation of Drift technology rendered the numerous pre-Drift fuels mined on Akiton virtually worthless.

* Akiton is generally lawless, except for whatever laws a local authority might impose. Akiton survives on trade and commerce. Strangers find loyalty hard to come by, especially in the big cities. Newcomers are consequently likely to be observed and watched, especially if an organization believes it can take advantage of the strangers. If Talbot acted or did anything at all out of the ordinary, someone is likely to have noticed. To avoid being found, it is unlikely he stayed in Maro for more than a few days.

* Wealth is hard to come by on Akiton. If Talbot fled to the red planet, he did so for a reason. It’s likely the ex-Starfinder had a plan, and that plan involved gaining a large number of credits. Given Akiton’s unstable economy, such a surge should be identifiable for those who “follow the money.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid hears Myr's concerns expressed. "Many within the lashunta community have a strict belief in a merit system. Not so much as a hard delimiter between castes as in some societies, but awards should be earned, and not just given or received. It is quite possible that he does not feel worthy to ride in this section of the conveyance, as no particular tasks have been accomplished to earn, and thus merit the accommodations. The simple fact that he has paid no fee for the privilege might have dissuaded him from joining us, as he feels that even one who has paid full fare is more worthy of the privilege than he. In which case, we should honor his choice, and respect his culture's beliefs in this aspect."

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Query: db.culture.find( { "planet":"Akiton" | "city":"Maro" } )...results (0.00073ms): Akiton is smaller...

Tamon searches his memory banks and finds relevant information. From his seat in First Class (the features of which are lost entirely on him), he engages a spell and telepathically shares the information with his new comrades.

Read the "Tamon" spoiler above. I was confused until I realized that the Fortitude saves are due to the thin atmosphere. I believe androids, who can withstand vacuum, are considered acclimatized by default.

He spends the flight reviewing arcane technical journals, with an emphasis on bioengineering.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Happy to be going back to his home planet, Zeta is planning for the Starfinders to come tour the PANGEA factory... when it gets Tamon's telepathic message.
"Thank you very much" it thinks back.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid responds to Tamon, ”first, we must thank you politely for the information. Our suit should protect us well from the environment. Second, we must remind you that if you are using the method we assume you are for this communication, that it is far from being a secure communication method and should not be used with delicate or sensitive information. Last, among many societies, it is considered impolite to intrude into a being’s silence. In particular, an unwelcome, or uninvited, mental intrusion could be deemed the most heinous of offenses. We are not so offended, but there are those who could be.”

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Your critique is correct in all regards. I deemed the relevant information to be general in nature, and since our shuttle's destination is public knowledge, the small chance of eavesdropping was considered within normal operating bounds, with a g-factor of 107.37%.

Tamon did not share the target's name or other identifying information, only general knowledge of the city.

Transmission ends.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk lens over to the android. "Good information to know, but next time stay outta my head Clanker..." Ruuk scolds Tamon. "Shirren are bad enough getting in there, don't need you as well."

The Kasathas grips his armrest. This is the worst part. Traveling without his ship. "Just enjoy the ride." he leans back and closes his eyes.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec is startled by the Andriods mental intrusion. don't panic! It could just be a communication...but how? After a moment of listening to the telepathy, Harec relaxes his own mental training and resist probing the Android Tamon Si with his own abilities. Just one way communication! He could not sense anything or read any of my thoughts. His edict is abysmal ..but his programming may be lacking in that area, best to thank him and move on...I'll ask him later how he performed such a feat. Thank you, Tamon Si..your information was both relevant and enlightening. I look forward to working with you.

Harec breathes a big sigh of relief, and eventually drifts off back to sleep, after ordering a beverage mixed with a mild intoxicant.


The goodwill slowly fades as you board the Tri-Star Galactic® (‘Fly the friendly stars!’™) shuttle to Akiton and realise that the first class on this third-rate organisattions trumped-up cargo freighter would only barely be passable as a premium economy at best on anything vaguely reputable. However looking at your fellow passengers, a rough assortment of miners and prospectors, you can also see that Akiton is probably unlikely to reveal itself as a tourist destination, and the ship is probably suited to the 'clientele'.

***

Outside the observation windows floats Akiton, a world the color of blood, rust, and red clay. A thick shell of white caps both poles. The shuttle descends toward the planet, and a barely perceptible shift in gravity occurs as the ship’s artificial gravity begins to lessen and the planet’s natural gravity begins to take hold.

From suborbital heights, a handful of small towns, large complexes, and industrial sites that spew noxious fumes into the thin atmosphere surround the trench city of Maro. A spidery web of dirt roads scratched into the rust-colored ground by regular traffic connects these sites to the metropolis.

Maro, the so-called City of Lights itself, comes into view as the ship begins its final descent. The city occupies more of a vertical space than horizontal, built into a six-mile-long section of trench that is half as deep and a half mile wide.

Entire neighborhoods and business districts are built into the walls, accessed by patio entrances. Lights, neon signs, and holographic advertising bejewel either side of this urban canyon, while an active spaceport and industrial zones occupy the ground level. As the shuttle lands, it does so beneath the backdrop of an immense mural of brightly glowing neon-green graffiti that reads in Common: “Git Out! Planet’s Broke!”

***

How do you want to proceed in investigating Talbot’s arrival?
Culture or Profession might be handy, and Diplomacy to ask around town could also work.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

As the group shuffles off the transport, Triskid revels in the sense of so many sentients so closely bunched into a small place. Such "community" is a joy to experience. As he awaits the group to completely assemble, he notices the lashunta, Harec, standing around, and so he approaches him, "your sacrifice aboard the shuttle was very noble. The dwarf who ended up sitting next to us seemed very appreciative of the extra space, although we gathered that the 'leg room' was somewhat wasted on him. You are a credit to your people, and we are honored to have the opportunity to be in such closeness with you for the duration of this assignment."

-------------------

Triskid will ask around, both to learnt he lay of the land, and to see if anyone has ideas where one might go to 'get away.' As Triskid speaks Akitonian, he will open his conversations in that language and switch over to Common if required.

Culture (C)(1): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Diplomacy (C): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon exits the shuttle, marveling at the unique geology of the city.

He elects to begin his search by reviewing the local news archives for any mention of Talbot, humans, shuttles from Absalom, local crimes, and unusual events.

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Being created on-planet by a local company, Pangea-Zeta knows his way around a bit, and also speaks the local languages - Akitonian & Ysoki.
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Zeta will start by taking with the miners & such on the shuttle, and then head over to the spaceport cantina, with whomever wishes to come amongst the Starfinders.
It will ask around for some info', share some drinks, try to find some security officers, spaceport personnel, and will try to gather some information.
Diplo' Gather: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (2) = 10
Pangea-Zeta will then specifically ask questions, using his VR Camera, explaining that it is here to cover Maro for his VLog.
Profession (VLogger): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
"So, any interesting characters who arrived a few weeks ago that I might follow, and interview?".

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Not trained in any investigation techniques, Harec instead ask a local miner as they disembark the shuttle, Hey, you know any bars or watering holes where they might do off the books work? Got an ex-wife and two children back on Castrovel and another illegitimate on the way. Don't need the governments of Akiton or my home world taking any more credits out of my pay than need be...ya know what I mean? In case it maters, I'm a journeyman electrician and a trained mechanical engineer. Harec waits patiently for the man's answer relying on instinct rather than his ability to read thoughts to determine if the man is passing on good information.

bluff(if needed):
bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

GM don't know if profession electrician is relevant but if it is I'll make a roll now and I'll post something related (like being given the address of an "off the books employment agency" or a local hangout where moonlighting workers gather and trade info about up-coming under-the-table jobs/opportunities.) If you feed me a different type of hook, I'll create a separate post to use it with.

if the worker knows a place I can get off the books work:
Thanks! says Harec, genuinely excited and surprised that it was so easy to get illegal information. I'd give you something for your effort but you know the wife and kids...I'm nearly broke! Harec pauses for a second and shakes the Yoski's hand. Tell ya what; What was your name again? And where did you say you worked? Well my friend next time I'm in Maro I'll be sure to look you up and take you out for a few drinks. You know we workers gotta look out for one another! As the Yoski departs Harec lets out a huge gasp of breathe. this investigating is going to involve a lot of miss-representation i fear! I better get used to it.. Later that night Harec slips off from the group and heads down to the local hall his newly found Yoski friend told him off. He ask around about electrician and mechanical engineering jobs, indicating that it doesn't mater if they're on the books or off as long as the pay is right. profession: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Between you, you all do quite well at picking up a variety of information from a range of sources. Harec even makes some friends "Electrician eh? You know how to wire up the generators and mining lights? Yeah we got that old clunker always hving problems with distribution, but the old machines work just fine if treated well amirite?" - Profession Miner etc are legit choices, as are other trades :)[/ooc]

Through the day several sources talk about a strange anomaly. AbadarCorp, the largest corporation in the Pact Worlds, recently purchased a large amount of Drift engine fuel from the nearby town of Tasch. While the discovery of Drift engine fuel on Akiton is impressive, the fact that the AbadarCorp fleet that purchased the fuel is 2 days overdue for departure suggests something is likely amiss with the delivery.

Working the range of sources you have chosen, and realising that the 'just one of the guys from the plant' angle seems to be welcomed here, you eventually discover that Talbot departed to small mining town called Tasch a few miles outside of Maro.

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

What transportation methods are available to Tasch?

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Culture or Diplo': 1d20 ⇒ 10 if Diplo': 1d6 ⇒ 4
so 15 Culture or 21 Diplo'

Zeta checks to see if there is anything in its memory banks about Tasch, and asks around about what might be going in that city: who found the fuel and sold it, who runs Tasch and such...


PZ knows that getting transportation to Tasch is not difficult. You can rent a personal vehicle or catch a ride a couple of hours over the red dunes to what is known to be a small former mining town. Either choice is valid and the Society will pick up the bill.

PZ gets a lot of blank looks about the fuel and really, everyone is surprised that such a thing has even occurred. There's only one bar out there, 'The Diggers Dive' and leadership is a bit of a generous term - it is a motley collection of former miners, mostly Ysoki and Human who just sort of get on with it all.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Triskid offers, "we would gladly offer our driving skills, if the decision of the collective is to procure private transport."

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Very well.

Tamon attempts to rent a small private shuttle, just big enough for the party.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr is not the most personable of androids and leaves the talking to his companions. They are, however, very good at piloting all manner of craft. "We will do the driving, Triskid, we are likely the most skilled of this group."

Piloting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Sorry on the delay, my dad is in town until tomorrow.

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

Pangea-Zeta a.k.a. PZ shares the information about what is probably just a small group of shacks and lodging, and agrees that: "A private shuttle will give us more freedom. Thanks for driving us, Triskid".

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk hangs back, allowing the other to do the nicer thing like talking as he stands back a bit more intimidating. His method is more into breaking fingers for information.

He looks on expectantly and a bit surprised as Tamon procures his own private shuttle. This one seems capable enough. He boards the shuttle and takes a seat near the back.

"Let's end this madness and get our contract." Ruuk allows Myr'aid to drive the shuttle to the former mining town.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Harec has only had brief contact with his team members these last couple of days. Between sequestering himself in the transport's economy class and investigating un-employment offices and local tradesmen's halls...he's had little time to associate with his companions. As he meets his companions at the local rental bay, he notices Triskid and Myr'iad debating over who should pilot the local hovercraft.

His instinct is to jump in and voice an opinion for the android. However, his training and temperance, check his instinct and instead he sends a telepathic message to Myr'iad. Let the Shirren drive Myr. His race is still trying to discover it's "individuality." What better way to express yourself than flying? Besides, we'll need to gauge his skill if we're to trust him right? Harec doesn't wait for the conclusion of the debate. He makes his way on to the cramped craft and sees the four armed Kasathas deep in contemplation. Not wanting to break his meditation Harec instead seats himself next to Pangea-Zeta. So Zeta?...May I call you Zeta? What is your primary function? Have you been assigned or chosen assignment to the Starfinders for a long period of time?

Acquisitives

Android | SP 30/30 ; HP 34/34 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, disease, mind-affect', poison & sleep) Fort. +1 ; Ref. +7 ; Will +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc' +9 ; SM +8+1d6 | Active condition(s):
OOC:
N Xenoseeker lvl 5 Envoy (worships Triune)

"Of course you may call me Zeta. I'm rather new myself, I only received 3 months of VR training between creation and being sent to the Starfinder Academy. So, I have not know the Society long, though I have known it nearly all my life! Was that funny? I hope so. Such was the intent. My function is to seek Alien life forms, and establish contact... and document all that. So, you are from Castrovel?".

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

”As Myr is the most proficient member of the collective at manipulating such a conveyance, we naturally defer, and will entrust the driving responsibilities thereunto. It is fortuitous, in fact, as it will enable us to get to know the rest of you in a more intimate fashion than it would be were we to be interacting over our shoulder to those in the rearmost seats of the conveyance.”


It takes about two hours to get out to Maro in the red dunes of Akiton’s surface.

Along dusty road, lined with single-story dwellings, runs through the town of Tasch. Some powered vehicles rest chained to their owner’s homes. A small general store stands near the center of town, illuminated by flickering white lights. Another building, full of locals, hosts a signpost that reads “Digger’s Dive”—clearly the town bar. Although the sun beats down on this desert town, its citizens meander around the bar in good cheer. Most are ysoki and humans, with the occasional lumbering four-armed shobhad mingling among them.

Exo-Guardians

male| mechanic 1 ATT: acid rifle +2 dmg. 1d8 or knife +1 dmg. 1d4+1|darts:10-/20
special:
1/1 day Memory module(re-roll a skill check) skill focus Athletics| custom rig arm|at will: daze, psycho hand, 1/1day detect thoughts|
Lashunta (Korasha) Mechanic 2 | SP. 14/14 | HP. 16/16 | RP. 3/3 | EAC: 14( KAC: 16 | fort: +4 Ref: +7 WiLL: +2 | Int:+2| Per:+5| spd: 25ft.

Not having a very refined sense of humor Harec does laugh at Zeta's child like pun. Yes, your humor data banks are adequate I think *giggle* Harec smiles and tears open a hydration pouch offering one to Zeta. For Hydration ..or do you still call it lubrication fluid like some of the older models? Harec is genuinely curios having a background in both engineering and physical science.

Zeta wrote:
So, you are from Castrovel?

Harec finds himself enjoying the company of the metallic looking android. Yes, yes indeed. Obliviously my people are originally from Castrovel but, I also happen to have been born and raised there. I went to one of the better universities of science and engineering in Qabarat.

After a few years in the private sector mostly working as an electrician, I grew weary of the routine. Seeking something different I joined the Starfinders. they stationed me on a remote outpost of my home planet for a number of years. It was just myself and a rotating group of 4 other Starfinders stationed there. Our Harec stumbles with his words for a second and corrects himself. I should say their, mission was to study the local flora and fauna while trying to avoid hazards like Cerebric fungi. Harec looks away from Zeta for a moment trying to disguise his disappointment. Since most of the scientist stationed there were senior to me, my job ended up being that of a maintenance person. I would keep the vehicles running, adjust the climate control in the dwelling units, and even serve as a facility janitor when needed. Harec no longer tries to disguise his disappointment.

He looks out the window at the Red Planet's curious geography as the hovercraft lifts off and clears the sides of the gorge. So my new friend Zeta, after three years of service Harec's voice betrays only a hint of bitterness; (DC:11 sense motive to detect Harec is a little bitter at having been assigned such menial task for the last three years) I decided to request transfer or tender my resignation. Apparently, the Starfinders still find something useful in my skill set...because here I am! But, on an investigation? Seems to me there would be agents more qualified for this sort of thing? Perhaps I'm just here to support Ruuk and the androids? Putting the Shirren and I together just a test to see if I can co-operate? Harec cannot help but let an audible *sigh* escape from his lips as the conversation drifts off. What's that Zeta? Oh nothing....I was just thinking about something.. Harec stares out the window..considering what's next.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Shirren Mystic (Star Shaman) (Spacefarer) / 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F +2 W +6 R +3 | Init +3 Perc +8 (Blindsense 30')

Having surveyed the new locale and noted the lone interesting establishment, Triskid suggests, ”That ‘Digger’s Dive’ place seems like the most logical place to continue the search. As well, it might be able to provide decent refreshment. We could use a nice high sugar beverage to replenish our energy reserves.”

1 to 50 of 353 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty / GDVI]#1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet (Alpha) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.