Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,551 to 2,600 of 16,206 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Malcolm Cavendish wrote:

Malcolm grudgingly gives up the sword to Grunt.

Jeez...

Your character sheet did not list any other secondary wepaon except a crossbow that is why he went for the sword.


Evil GM

Vatilda hits and further damages the bog creeper.

Kanog sends a bit of healing magic toward the paladin.


Evil GM

RD 2 Summary

Plant Creature - constrict damage to Malcolm 7HP, Teima 6 HP, bite damage on Kalim 7HP

Kalim - RTA scorching ray 19 HP
Malcolm - failed to break the grapple
Grunt - pried Malcolm's sword form his grip and hit for 10HP
Sheyan -
Karnog - CLW on Malcolm for 7 HP
Argrim - moved and missed
Vatilda - 10 HP of damage


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Sheyan - you're up!


Evil GM

RD 2: DMPC Sheyan

Sheyan attacks the limb again that is holding Teima

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The hack misses.

Kio bites at the tree,

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12;damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The vicious bite misses

Teima tries to wiggle free,

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

She slips free to the ground. Then withdraws.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm again tries to free himself.

Str Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Evil GM

malcolm it is actually a CMB or escape artist check. Given your roll of a 14 + 8 CMB = 22 which beats the CMD of 21.

Remember it goes first.


Evil GM

RD 3

Plant Creature -

Kalim -
Malcolm -
Grunt -
Sheyan -
Karnog -
Argrim -
Vatilda -

RD 3 Map


Evil GM

RD 3: Bog Creeper

the creatures steps 5 feet to E,8.

One tendril constricts its armored prey, the other three tendrils slash out,

It tries to constrict Malcolm:
T1: 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 5 = 40;constrict: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Ouch

Another attack is on Karnog;
T2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14;damage, plus grab: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Misses the dwarf

An attack on Vatilda,

T3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20;damage, plus grab: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Are you still a 19 AC, if so it hits.

An attack on Kalim
T3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17;damage, no grab because of the size: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It hits Kalim

The maw bites at Grunt,
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27;damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

It hits Grunt hard.

The center limb smashes at Kio,

slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Kio is smashed pretty hard.

Confirming Crit on Malcolm:
T1: 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 5 = 30;constrict: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grab against on Vatilda CMD
CMB vs CMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
If it hit, you should be grabbed.
constrict damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim smacks at the tree once more. Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18shocking grasp damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 6, 5) = 21


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Sorry, thought it was Escape Artist or Strength...so 10 more points of damage and I will obviously take that roll from above to disengage myself on my turn this round. Thanks.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 3

Seeing the deadly tree retreat from him and no clear footing where he can tumble near it, Argrim starts chanting, "Go team. Go team."
______________________________
Hold action unless I get a better idea before you move to Round 4


Evil GM

With Kalim's attack the tree stops moving and it's enemies topple to the ground released. Nice job, great timing on being enlarged too.

Argrim you notice one of the crocs has dipped below the surface while the other one is gently drifting closer by roughly 10 feet.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm takes his sword back from Grunt.

I will be needing that. Thanks for the effort though.

He then Lays on Hands, and infuses himself with healing energies.

2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

I could use some more healing if anybody has some before the crocks arrive.


Evil GM

Grunt freely hands it back. "Would've been easier with Grunt's own sword and no chain."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Argrim you notice one of the crocs has dipped below the surface while the other one is gently drifting closer by roughly 10 feet.

Argrim starts pointing between the shore and where he last saw the croc, "We may be out of this yet. There's a hungry croc coming in for wounded prey."


Evil GM

Everyone but Agrim, Teima, Sheyan can make perception check.

Argrim the third croc hasn't appeared to move from it's original location.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"Yes.. of course." Vatilda murmurs and thumbs her forehead before tapping Malcolm.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17
She then turns to the orc "If your assistance was merely to curry favor... in the hopes our arrangement would change, I will tell you not to bother in the future. If you wish to discuss a topic unrelated to the trail ahead, tell us how you treat those you have bested in battle.... otherwise keep quiet."

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Evil GM

Vatilida you see a knotty hole in the tree like creature and a few sparkles.


Evil GM

"Grunt wants to live...tree stronger then all but him." He points to Kalim. "Next time Grunt won't bother." He turns to begin walking.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Thank you m'lady.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim moves closer to Grunt. "Some minds are very inflexible,"[b] he says. [b]"But I saw you ...the true you under the flesh. You are my ally." He turns to the others. "He has proved his mettle and his honor. To treat him as a mere captive is unjust. Cut his chains. If he were to dishonor himself, I would welcome the combat."


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan nods "I would have let him go earlier if some of the others didn't disagree"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Bah. If the orc wants to help us out, I say let him. If he betrays us, his death will be swift and merciless. But I'm sure Grunt already knew that, right Grunt?"


Evil GM

"Grunt chooses to live..."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I have no problem allowing him to aid us, but someone needs to be watching him specifically for any funny business.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan shakes his head I believe he's far less of a threat than they think him to be "I'll watch him"


Evil GM

DMPC earlier perception checks:

Malcolm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
karnog: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Kalim notes a knotty hole in the treelike creature and some glitter there.

Malcolm and Kalim see that the tree's knotty hole contains various treasures of things that were not digested.

Two crocs have not moved closer. The last croc has disappeared, perhaps below the surface.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim takes the treasures out. "We should move."


Evil GM

I don't want to slow the game down so I'll disclose what is in the hoard:

• 1) Masterwork Chainmail : 300gp
• 2) Banded mail Armor, fine quality 338gp (better quality but not masterword)
• 3) Breastplate Armor 293gp (better quality but not masterwork)
• 4) Climber's kit High Quality: 95gp (better quality but not masterwork)
• 5) Flail, dire 90 gp
• 6) Lantern, hooded Low Quality: 6gp
• 7) Signet ring 5 gp
• 8) Gauntlet, spiked Cheap Quality: 4gp
• 9) Cleric's vestments Inferior Quality: 3gp
• 10) Pouch, belt (empty) 1 gp
• 11) Potion of Sanctuary {1st} : 50gp
• 12) Potion of Fox's cunning {2nd} : 300gp
• 13) Potion of Enlarge person {1st} : 50gp
• 14) Potion of Bear's endurance {2nd} : 300gp
• 15) Divine Scroll, Searing light {3rd} : 375gp

• Gems and Jewels Breakdown
Coral 91gp, Red garnet 98gp, Bracelet 33gp, Azurite 2gp, Malachite 2gp, Azurite 1gp

• Coins Breakdown
pp: 4
gp: 82
sp: 320
cp: 900


Evil GM

Are you ready to move on? I assume your grabbing the loot.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Anyone hurt?"

Karnog eyes the orc as the group fishes out the treasure, wary of sudden but inevitable betrayal.


Evil GM

The orc is battered and bruised but does not respond to the Karnog instinctively knowing he was not included in that inquiry.


Evil GM

Did you leave his mithral shirt on Grunt or take it off? I assume you took it off him.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

"Anyone hurt?"

Karnog eyes the orc as the group fishes out the treasure, wary of sudden but inevitable betrayal.

"Aye. I got hit by that acid at the start." 43 of 56


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Only slightly scratched, but let's take all of this and divide it up later.


Evil GM

Grunt straps on his short sword and waist for the others to gather their loot. "We git goin' now." He then leads on picking his ways through the path, often stopping to sniff the air and touch the ground. He examines reeds and dung droppings as he leads on.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Gather close, all."

3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8 Channel Energy, all within 30' get healed. (Grunt, too, if he stays close.) [OOC] 6/7 remain today [/dice]


Evil GM

Grunt will get within the range. When his wounds knit up he will nod at the shaman.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"Thank you" Vatilda nods to Karnog as well. She keeps a little quiet... once she laid into the orc, the group's position relaxed toward him. This was not lost on her.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"If we're all set, let us continue. Grunt, lead on."

Karnog stows his hammer and prepares to move on.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim carries his shortbow in hand when they head out.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm follows close on the heels of Grunt with his Bastard Sword at the ready.


Evil GM

Grunt continues moving forward stopping occasionally to eye the trail. In the late afternoon he motions everyone together and points at a split in the path. "To left the jogs south of the cloister but it is much longer journey...we will need to camp in the swamp." The breathes in, "To the right path more direct but more danger...bog creature roams." He opens his hands, "Swamp getting more restless."


Evil GM

Waiting on the group to select a direction to travel.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I vote more danger. We are well set for combat, but ambushes during the night are less than pleasant. Of course, if anyone would rather be attacked while we sleep, or has some other issue with not heading as directly as possible, speak up, eh."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Which way does Grunt usually go?" Argrim asks the orc.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm waits patiently for an answer to Agrim's question.

I recommend the more expedient route.


Evil GM

"Grunt doesn't travel this way often. Been both ways once, lost many orcs with direct way...lost one orc going long way." He stops and reflects as he motions with his hands, "Our caves that way...we usually come from another path that is long way off but closer to our caves."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Maybe the long way, then? If we don't need to fear being attacked by orcs in the night again."

2,551 to 2,600 of 16,206 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.