Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,401 to 2,450 of 16,207 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm climbs down and helps secure the prisoner.

I would like one of those Mithral Chain Shirts if there are no objections.

When you say "nice", does that mean "masterwork"?


Evil GM
Sheyan wrote:

These are spellcraft checks

[dice=Clear Potion]1d20+8
[dice=Bluish Red Potions]1d20+8
[dice=Shimmering blue Potion]1d20+8
[dice=Other Shimmering blue Potion(if it's different)]1d20+8

Also casting detect magic to see if anything else is magical

Only the potions reveal magic:

Clear = potion of invisibility
Bluish red = potion of protection from good
Both Shimmering blue = oil of magic weapon


Evil GM

DM speak - "Nice" means masterwork quality or better.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan tells the others what the potions do "I don't know if we'll have much use for protection from good"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am also slightly interested in the "nice' Banded Mail. Can anyone tell me its properties?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Malcolm Cavendish wrote:
I am also slightly interested in the "nice' Banded Mail. Can anyone tell me its properties?

"It's nice. Must've been worked by a master." Argrim replies.


Evil GM

the only magic is with the potions/oils. The other nice items were masterwork quality.


Evil GM

"Whatcha doin' with Grunt," the orc asks.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"You would have killed us in our sleep. I say we wait till you sleep." intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan turns and looks back at the orc "Why did you try to kill us?"


Evil GM

"Trusspass on land," he groans. He suspiciously eyes Kalim, uncertain of the man's intent. "This Chief Swamprat's land."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Chief Swamprat, eh? Tell us more about this Chief, Grunt. Is he an Orc, or some other creature?"

To the rest of the group: "Who is injured? I have several channels remaining for the night, as well as some healing spells if needed. I will pray again in a few hours and be renew my blessings at dawn."

Spells: 1st; bless, divine favor(b),stone shield //
2nd: bull's strength // 4/5 channels remaining. Who needs what?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

I'm down 12 but would prefer using my wand of CLW before your spells

To the orc, Argrim asks, "Would Swamprat exchange you for his Human prisoners?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am injured, Karnog.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog directs the spiritual weapon to attack the downed orcs until it vanishes. "All righty, then lads. Gather round, and I can heal us up some."

Keeping Grunt out of the area of effect, Karnog channels to heal himself and the party.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 (3/5 left)
2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 (2/5 left)


Male Orc Druid 10

My wolves we're still beat up quite a bit

"And you didn't think to simply walk up and say 'Hey, you're trespassing, leave?'" he shakes his head "You're either lying or stupid"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Dwarven: "He's an orc, of course he's stupid and probably lying..."

Wolves would've gotten that 19 hp too...

"All right wolves, come closer."

2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 more healing to everyone


Male Orc Druid 10

Ah yes I know they're included in that, just mentioning that we enjoyed your previous healing is all


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda leans in to speak with the captive with a non-threatening tone... trying to get him to answer Argrim with a little extra coaxing.
"We were not aware that we were in Swamprat territory. Your best option right now is to do what the dwarf says. Lead us to your chief, or find out as our captive how long we find your mouth worth feeding. If receiving a scarring wound is needed for your honor... I will grant you that... as a favor."

diplo!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Thank you Karnog, the blessing is welcomed.


Evil GM

"Grunt foll'w Sarg," he scrunches up his ugly uni-brow, "Chief Swamprat is big orog...he's as fierce as wild boar being chased by spearman."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Big orog? As in, big as a horse? Or just muscle-bound and extra-strong for an orc? You could be a bit more specific, you know."

Dwarven: "Stupid green-skin probably doesn't even know how to get back to his clan. Of course we caught the dumb one!" Karnog lets out an exasperated sigh and assists with collecting the spoils from the fight.


Evil GM

"Y'stonelickers will be lil'challenge to great Chief Swamprat, he'll roast you like the last one." Grunt states as a matter-of-fact. "Travel the wrong swamp path and you'll meet a fate worse than roasting."


Evil GM

Noticing Karnog and Malcolm's holy symbols, "Y'gods gonna preach killin' bound prisoners?" His uni-brow stretches upward as he looks for their reactions. His broken tusk catches his dry upper lip. "Water."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I do not preach and your imperfections are a slight against the Master of the Vault. Therefore, I care not for your demise.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I spit upon the idea of these 'gods.' The true power lies elsewhere."


Evil GM
Vatilda Lateef wrote:

Vatilda leans in to speak with the captive with a non-threatening tone... trying to get him to answer Argrim with a little extra coaxing.

"We were not aware that we were in Swamprat territory. Your best option right now is to do what the dwarf says. Lead us to your chief, or find out as our captive how long we find your mouth worth feeding. If receiving a scarring wound is needed for your honor... I will grant you that... as a favor."

[dice=diplo!]1d20+8

I'm not ignoring but just saw this.

"I could lead lead you. 'cept my life is swamp muck now, they not trade human fur me."


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"Then you will lead us. Good." Vatilda pulls a boot from a fallen orc, fills it with conjured water, then sets it in front of the captive. "Drink while I speak with my allies. Don't despair... even you would be fit to lead what will remain of the Swamprats."


Evil GM

Grunt looks at the boot and manipulates his hands to pick it up and drink the water. Spills most of it down his chin and clothes.


Male Orc Druid 10

Growling is heard from the tree, followed by softer snarl, then silence. Sheyan glances over to the two, then looks back to Vatilda, waiting for the others to speak


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"So you speak the language of civilized people, orc? I must admit, I find that surprising. So, Grunt, tell me: what will you do for us to guarantee your survival? You attacked us without warning, while we slept. That alone earns you the rope. If you can prove your value, that sentence may be commuted. So talk."


Evil GM

"Swamp paths dangerous...Grunt lead you....you let Grunt go before battle with Chief Swamprat." He nods towards his bow, "grunt was scout."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"How many other orcs and combatants does your tribe contain? If we eliminate the Chief, will the others yield? How does the chief fight; does he use magic or trickery, or just brute strength?"


Evil GM

Swamprat clan has many warriors but not all in camp t'gether. More than what we had here." He shows you his hands and flashes his fingers twice to count.

He shrugs at the suggestion of yielding, "To orog, orc, or giant they yield...to dwarfs?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, that's something, at least. Perhaps if one of us were to appear larger or more fearsome, that could work. Of course, a swift decimation of their warriors would likely sow discontent and fear as well."


Evil GM

Is there anything else you intend on doing this evening? The remainder of the night goes by without incident.


Evil GM

The next morning it is overcast and there is the smell of rain in the air. You tied up orc prisoner moans from the tight manacles on his hands. "Fuud and Water." He tries to stretch out as he squints because of the filtered light, "We need to move...Chief Swamprat w'expect his raiders back by now."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm awakes and dons his normal MW Scale Mail, and puts the Mithral Chain Shirt into his pack for sleeping purposes.

Is that MW Mithral Chain Shirt or just Mithral Chain Shirt?

Does anyone require Studded Leather Armor or this fine set of Banded Mail we just discovered yesterday? As it turns out, I will not be needing it because it is way too cubersome for my liking.


Evil GM

Mithral is always MW.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Thanks...just confirming.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"No, I am set with the armor I have as of now. Mithral chain like you have for night time, and my plate for day."

Karnog prepares his spells for the day before suiting up in his plate armor.

"Well, Grunt, it's time for you to prove your worth."


Evil GM

did you ask grunt if they had prisoners from the farmhouse or dealt with goblins


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Ya know, I think not. Time to correct that oversight.

"So, Grunt. Did your tribe capture any humans recently? Or possibly got some from the goblins?"


Evil GM

"no 'umans prisoners. Gobo's trade with temple folks on hill near swamp. We 'aven't worked with goblins since Chief Swamprat took control 12 moons ago." He will drink out of the boot or his watersin if it is given back to him. "Grunt has some jerky in sack give back to Grunt, he's hungry."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay, Grunt. Food and water will be provided."

To the others: "We may be redirecting away from our primary objective. This orc scout claims the temple folks may have traded with the goblins."

Karnog retrieves the orcs food and provides him water to drink as well.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am for rooting out the necessary evils of the world, but we should stick to finding those taken first, right?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Grunt, what do you know about the temple folks? How far have you traveled in that direction?"


Evil GM

Two days travel if you know way." he shrugs, "Much longer if you get lost. Grunt knows way...Grunt scout."

"Humans worship mighty swamp frog god. They stay inside their area but they do sell healing to Swamprat and others. Demand coin from Swamprats for potions." He cringes, "legend is they set the bog mummy loose eons ago."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay, then, team. I think our new orc scout, Grunt, just offered to bring us to these swamp-peoples' camp. They are likely the ones to have our missing farmers, after all."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

May Abadar guide our way. I am prepared for the task!

2,401 to 2,450 of 16,207 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.