Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,451 to 2,500 of 16,207 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Let's hobble our new orc scout, so he can walk not run."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"If you think that necessary. With his hands bound and our ranged weapons, I don't think Grunt will get far if he tries to run. Isn't that right, Grunt?"


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan says something to his wolves in Sylvan, and after a moment they walk on both sides of the orc "He won't be going anywhere"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim shrugs thinking his companions are over-confident with someone who knows the terrain better than they do.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"This is good. I have no quarrel with orcs."


Evil GM

Grunt groans at the suggestion of hobbling him, "Swamp path dangerous...bound orc is deadly for Grunt." He points to himself, "Let Grunt go free if he shows you the way?"


Evil GM

If there is nothing else your doing at the camp site, I will move the game forward.

True to his word Grunt leads your through the swamp on some perilous path he actually points out two areas of quicksand and one poisonous plant. he stops once for a quick bite to eat, even with the filtered light, his eyes bother him until he everyone to where the trees overhang the path.

"Orc's stay out of light but this is better. Be on lookout...others like to use this part of the path."

I need a marching order...You can be two abreast for the most part.


Evil GM

How does this order look for everyone. The path gets as narrow as 5 feet in spots and as wide as 15 feet or so. Sheyan, I put one wolf up front and one in the rear since they have the scent ability.

Swamp Path


Male Orc Druid 10

Excellent idea. I'm fine with the marching order


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Good for me, too.


Evil GM

As you shuffle along the path following Grunts lead you can see the water ripple and strange movement along with mating calls form the trees. There are various types of trees, willows, mangrove and cypress seem to dominant the terrain. Ever so often you come across a rotting tree trunk, most are teaming with strange swamp creatures, that chirp or creak. Grunt avoids a few areas and wolves are uncomfortable with so much murky water around.


Evil GM

Everyone can make three perception checks that I will use during your trek.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Evil GM

After lunch Grunt looks at Agrim, "Unshackle me...hard to walk, if I fall in water, I'm no use."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Orc Druid 10

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:
After lunch Grunt looks at Agrim, "Unshackle me...hard to walk, if I fall in water, I'm no use."

"It's supposed to be hard to walk. You're a prisoner. Lucky you're not dead. If you fall in the water, we'll fish you out. You're our guide."


Evil GM

Grunt gives a big toothy snarl, "Maybe Grunt don't warn next time quicksand is near." he then goes on walking though he seems a bit less interested in looking to his left and right. Mumbling to himself.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan puts a hand on Argrims shoulder "I understand the need for security, but prisoners are less likely to cause problems if they are content"


Evil GM

Grunt stops, looks down, then backs up 10 feet before he begins to trot then jumps over an area that was directly in front of his pat.

acro jump: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

He clears the dangerous area and turns back towards the group.
'Better jump or you be without boots and paws.'


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 perception

Don't worry, Grunt. If you treat faithfully with us, we will honor our agreements and treat respectfully with you."


Evil GM

Everyone needs to do a jump (acro) over the area that grunt pointed out.


Male Orc Druid 10

That's a dex check right? It's either that or str. If it's strength add one more to the roll

Acro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Ah nvm, I think I'm good


Male Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

I looked it up, I'm right it's dex. Also, does a running start add any bonuses? Sorry I don't use acrobatics often

Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Woot, good so far. One more

Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Man, my little group are jumping machines. Darn good rolls


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

If Argrim can take 10+10=20, he will. Otherwise,
Acro: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda stows her shield and jumps.

acro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Jumping is not my strong point here, lads. How about one of you hold tight?"

Karnog ties his lasso to his gear before stowing the buckler and getting ready to leap. He tosses the lasso to one of his party on the other side of the jump.

"Here goes nothing!"

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12 acrobatics (jump)


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

I hear ya, Karnog...I am terrible at this sort of thing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13


Evil GM

Karnog's arms windmill but he manages to stay on his feet. Malcolm follows in a similar manner.


Evil GM

As the party proceeds several members can see ripples in the water...it looks like some sort of reptiles with beady eyes roughly 40 feet away. There are two on one side of the path and one on the other. They have not moved but they are floating with only their eyes showing.

Knowledge nature if you have it.


Male Orc Druid 10

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Evil GM

Sheyan:
You believe those eyes belong to crocodiles. A reptile creature with hard skin that lurk for prey in swamps.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

[Ooc] Weird question: if Kalim enlarged himself could he step over? I am deeply afraid of Kalimdice occuring.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan points out the reptiles "Those are crocodiles, don't get too close to them"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Crocodiles, eh? Lets not go swimming, then."


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
[Ooc] Weird question: if Kalim enlarged himself could he step over? I am deeply afraid of Kalimdice occuring.

Not a weird a question...yes. As you know enlarge person is a full round spell but your under no real duress so time is not an issue.


Evil GM

Vatilda - I still need 3 perception checks from you.


Evil GM

Everyone who has either survival or know nature can your provide me with 3 rolls that I can bank and use without constantly asking for checks. That way I can keep the game moving.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Profession (guide): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Profession (guide): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Profession (guide): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Orc Druid 10

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
{erception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim gets BIG and steps over the area.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1


Evil GM

Sheyan you already rolled perception. i needed nature and survival if you had it.

Vatilda..THANK YOU for that wonderful roll!!!


Evil GM

As everyone safely crossed the hazard, Sheyan scrunches up his face as he examines the hazard. Agrim is bit curious but can't quite figure it out. As the two of them stop to examine the hazard.

survival 15 and better:
You recognize it as an acid spot but are clueless as to its origin.

survival 20 and better:

You recognize the acid as digestive in nature. From the pattern on the ground it looks like it came from behind where you are currently standing.


Evil GM

I've marked the crocs on the map, I have also placed the hazard on the path that the group crossed. It's not quite 10 feet by 10 feet but you get the idea. I also, placed what looks like man-sized tree trunk on the map.

Several folks don't even notice this tree trunk form. Only Agrim was quick enough to recognize the camouflaged creature and the several thorny tendrils sprouting from its body. A single limb protrudes from its central from as well. Agrim you realize that the tendrils provide it reach.

Updated Map Surprise Round

Surprise Round Initiative:
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Plant creature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Argrim you get the jump on the creature in the surprise round. You can move or have a standard action.

I'll roll out initiative after the surprise round.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Surprise

Argrim pulls out his battleaxe and makes a mental note to carry his bow in his hand from now on.

"The tree next to Kalim is carnivorous, and we have three crocs inbound."


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan draws a dagger and holds it poised to throw at one of the crocs, saying loudly "You do not want to fight us scaly ones. It will not end well for you"

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

2,451 to 2,500 of 16,207 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.