Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,601 to 2,650 of 16,207 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Grunt looks at Argrim then back at Karnog and shrugs, "Which way?


Male Orc Druid 10

"If my vote counts for anything I would prefer the long way. It will obviously take more time, but I'd rather waste a few hours or days in the wilderness then get caught by something"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda watches Grunt (for signs of preference in route) out of the corner of her eye as her allies opinions are tossed around. She tries to determine if there is a hidden agenda in how he presented their options.

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"Long way is fine."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, the long way is fine."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I guess that I am outvoted. Long Way it is. Now, let's advance.


Evil GM

vatilda:
You sense that Grunt is bit relived that the votes are going toward the long way. He seemed a bit nervous about heading the other way.

"Way can be dangerous but...less so, then other way." He leads on with Agrim close behind. He continues to stop every so often to look around and peer at a broken branch or a footprint.

Another two hours into the journey he points out to Agrim, "Two crocs crossed here today." He shows the clawed footprints that have been somewhat swooshed over my a strong tail. Agrim you can tell that he is trying to show you how to read the signs.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim nods trying to learn.
_________________
Maybe take a rank in Survival next level.


Evil GM

Towards dusk Grunt leads everyone to small clearing to make camp.

I need everyone to make two perception checks. If you have arcana make one check, if you have nature make one check.

Grunt, P1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Grunt, P2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Grunt, N1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Orc Druid 10

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 231d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Evil GM

Malcolm I need everyone to make two perception checks.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Percep: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Percep: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
KnArcane: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
KnNature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Knowledge (nature) 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Evil GM

Everyone with a 15 Perception and higher with their 1st perception roll:

There's a shadow that crosses overhead and there is a sense of doom. When you look overhead high above there is a mighty winged beast. It has crimson lava colored scales, it circles overhead buffeting on the air vapors. It's crown horned head peering down at you before it flies off into the distance.

Anyone with a Perception 15 and above AND Knowledge arcana 13 and above:
Not only do you see the flying beast but you also know its an adult red dragon.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan narrows his eyes, pointing out the beast to anybody that didn't notice it "That bodes ill"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 perception

"Great. A big flying lizard. Oh why can't the old children's fables have nice creatures in them for once?"


Evil GM

Grunt shivers when he spots the giant flying creature, he mumbles something to himself in orc that vaguely sounds like prayer, as he tries to slide under a tree canopy. Once the winged creature flies off he resumes getting the area prepared for a camp.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda feels an exhilarating thump of fear seeing the dragon fly overhead. A fear which seems to radiate from above instead of bubble up from within.
"When you were a child, Karnog, did you have any interest in stories of nice creatures?"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim's stomach turned when the shadow passed. Evidently, there are worse things in this area.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, I suppose you're right. Still, it unnerves me a bit seeing such tales take living form."


Evil GM

You all should double check the rumors that you picked up early in the game, there may be bit of information you can confirm.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Evil GM

DM:

stealth 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
stealth 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
verses perception roll 2
Kalim - 15
valtilda- 10
Argrim 25
Karnog 22
Malcolm
Sheyan 19
Grunt 8

After the tense moments of the flying beast overhead you begin to make camp and prepare for the evening when most can see two large emerald snakes having bands of gold and black ringing their body and a black-tipped tails. One is in tree and is about 9 feet long while the other, a quite a quite larger measuring 20 feet in length, is emerging from the water.

They have 5 foot reach one takes up 10 feet while the other is 20 feet.

Argrim and Vatilda do not recognize the type of snakes; however, Sheyan tenses in fear.

sheyan Only:

The sloth viper is a lightning-quick predator most often found in overgrown swamplands. The typical sloth viper is 9–10 feet long, though they can grow to a length of 20 or more feet. They tend to be solitary predators unless they are a mated pair.

You know that they move extra fast (an extra standard or move action per round). Their bite is poisonous and it slows you down.


Evil GM

Give me some time and I'll get up the initiative order.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan speaks quietly through his pale lips "Those are sloth vipers. They move much faster than you think they can, and they're poisonous"


Evil GM

RA Initiatve:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Sheyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
grunt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
smaller sloth viper 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
larger sloth viper 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Initiative order:

smaller slother viper
Argrim
Vatilda
larger sloth viper
Kalim
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm
Karnog

I need some time to get a map together.


Male Orc Druid 10

I'm going to see if I can wild empathy us out of this one


Evil GM

Here's quick map,

Swamp Sloth viper Battle Rd 1


Evil GM

Rd 1: small sloth viper

The smaller viper in the tree snaps out at Grunt with a lightning fast attack,

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21;damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
*DC 14 fort save

bite 2, with quickness: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13;damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
*DC 14 fort Save

Did the group ever give Grunt his mithral shirt back an/or his shortbow and arrows?

Fort 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
fort 2, if no armor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The poison begins to effect the the orc as he becomes slower.

Note if bite and fort save failed: slowed for 1 minute similar to a slow spell.


Male Orc Druid 10

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Sheyan hisses, speaking in Sylvan "I shall strike last if you attack again. Leave now"


Evil GM

Wild Empathy (Ex):

A druid can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The druid rolls 1d20 and adds her druid level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result.

The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

To use wild empathy, the druid and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.

A druid can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but she takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Wild empathy typically takes 1 minute of time to try to influence the attitude.


Male Orc Druid 10

That's why I wasn't going for a long conversation, just a "Leave now or you'll die" kind of thing


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 1

Vatilda keeps her weapon on her hip, and blasts the smaller worm with a dark bolt from her palm.

eldritch bolt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 vs touch AC
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 1

Argrim knocks an arrow and shoots the larger sloth viper before it can act. He moves away from the group to spread the targets.
____________________________________
Shortbow on larger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
if hit, damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 plus sneak if flat-footed: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
move to straight down to BF43


Evil GM

did the group give Grunt his mithral shirt and his bow? I'm assuming no unless told otherwise as there was not post regarding his gear. I know he has his sword.

Vatilda's ranged attack hits the smaller sloth viper.


Evil GM

Argrim's arrow misses the flat footed larger viper.


Evil GM

RD 1: Large Viper

The creature quickly moves out of the water and attacks the flat footed Karnog,

bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17;damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
*DC18 fort save with this one.

Mid RD 1 Map Update


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim casts Mage Armor and moves to AX45, I believe that's flanking with Karnog?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 1, Power of Faith - Rds 1/10

Power of Faith:
He can spend a use of his lay on hands ability to call upon the power of her faith as a standard action. This causes a nimbus of light to emanate from the warrior of the holy light in a 30-foot radius. All allies in this area (including the warrior of the holy light) receive a +1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear as long as they remain in the area of light. This power lasts for 1 minute.

Malcolm calls upon the aid of Abadar, as a nimbus of light eminates from the Palidin infusing his allies with protection and strength of arms.


Evil GM

Here is map update with Malcolm's 30 ft radius effect. If you are within the area you gain the bonus listed under his spoiler. Although remember Malcolm's action is towards the end of the round so if you go before him the effect hasn't taken effect yet.

Update map


Evil GM

RD 1: mid Round update

Initiative order:

smaller slother viper - bit and slowed Grunt
Argrim - attacked the larger viper and moved to BF 43
Vatilda - RTA on small viper for 6 HP
larger sloth viper - moved near karnog and attacked.
Kalim - moved to AX 45 and cast mage armor
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm - power of faith cast.
Karnog


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim casts Mage Armor and moves to AX45, I believe that's flanking with Karnog?

Good question and frankly, I'm not 100% certain. It doesn't match any of the examples on page 197 CRB. However, you can draw an imaginary line between the two attackers centers. The question is: does the line pass through opposite borders of the opponent's space(including corners of those borders)? I'm not sure that you are opposite but likewise the "corners" comment makes it a bit vague.

Does anyone have any insight of a citation?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Quote:

When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by another enemy character or creature on its opposite border or opposite corner.

When in doubt about whether two characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two attackers' centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent's space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

The key word is opposite. That's why the imaginary line goes through the center of the flanked defender. Cheers


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Kaarnog 5' steps to the south, drawing his hammer and smashing the big snake.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.

"Bring it on, ya daft snake!"


Evil GM

karnog swings wildly and misses his attack.


Evil GM

RD 1: Grunt

Grunt takes his single action and swings his sword at the viper,

att: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He hits the viper.


Evil GM

RD 2:

smaller slother viper
Argrim
Vatilda
larger sloth viper
Kalim
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm
Karnog

RD 2 Map


Evil GM

RD 2: Small viper

The viper moves to AZ 39/40 and bites at Malcolm,

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21;damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
*DC14 fort save failed save equals slowed for 6 rounds similar to spell.

The fangs strike a tender spot.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 2

Argrim drops his bow and moves to attack the small viper drawing his battleaxe.
____________________________________
move to BC41
Battleaxe attack defensively with flank & malcolm's thing: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 14
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (1, 2) = 14
Fighting Defensively: -1 attack, +4 AC, deflect one melee hit per round with free hand


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog steps once more, bringing his hammer down on the snake again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 attack (+2 if Kalim flanks); 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage

"Bah! Hold still ya stupid critter, and let me bash ya!"

2,601 to 2,650 of 16,207 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.