Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,651 to 2,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

Bathed in Malcolm's aura, Vatilda feels the celestial side of her dual nature embolden... The darkness inside her corrupts it with thoughts of murder.

"Lilarnin swee diyetti phi"

Celestial:

"Kill the other serpent"

Murderous Command smaller snake WillDC15


Evil GM

Argrim double check where you moved BC 41 doesn't put you in melee with viper. Regardless your roll missed.

The small viper's will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Remind me if I forget to have it attack the larger viper next round

Revised Map

*Argrim I moved you on the map to where you indicated in your text. Remember the snake had moved on its turn right before your action.


Evil GM

RD 2: Large Viper

The larger snake bites twice at Karnog,

bite 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18;damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

bite 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24;damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Fort DC 18 for each bite, if it hits. If the save(s) fail you are slowed for 6 rounds.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Argrim double check where you moved BC 41 doesn't put you in melee with viper. Regardless your roll missed.

*Argrim I moved you on the map to where you indicated in your text. Remember the snake had moved on its turn right before your action.

I was using the round 2 map and didn't see that the viper moved. Put me in BB41. Thanks


Evil GM

Malcolm has a DC 14 Fort save and Karnog has a DC 18 fort save to roll.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Evil GM

For those failing their fort saves:

slow:

The venom acts like the slow spell listed below.

An affected creature moves and attacks at a drastically slowed rate. Creatures affected by this spell are staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.

Multiple slow effects don't stack.


Evil GM

RD 2: mid round summary

smaller slother viper - bit malcolm
Argrim - moved and missed the smaller snake
Vatilda - murderous command on small snake
larger sloth viper - bit karnog
Kalim
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm
Karnog - owes DC18 Fort save, hit large snake 4 HP


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2, Poisoned (Slowed: -1AC, -1 Att, -1 Ref), Power of faith 2/10 Rds (+1 AC, +1 Att, +1 Dam, +1 Saves)

Malcolm, in a slowed state, but imbued with the Power of Faith in Abadar, strikes out at the smaller Sloth Viper that bit him.

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 fort
42/51 hp
Conditions: slowed

"Stupid blasted snake...keep your fangs to yourself!"

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 attack; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage (+2 if flanking)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 crit confirm; 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13 damage


Evil GM

Karnog you already took your RD 2 action.

Karnog's previous Post


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Wearily eyeing Karnog, Kalim swats at the large viper. Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21electricity damage: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 6) = 16


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Whoops, my bad


Evil GM

Malcolm's attack misses the small viper.

Kalim hits the large viper with his electrical current damaging the creature.


Evil GM

Sheyan and Grunt's RD 2 actions remain.


Male Orc Druid 10

crazy busy right now, two tests tomorrow. feel free to dmpc me as needed


Evil GM

RD 2: Grunt

Grunt takes his single action and swings his sword at the viper,

att: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

missing.


Evil GM

RD 2:

Sheyan concerned about his wolves being be harmed commands them to stay as he moves to AY, 38 to flank with Argrim.

scrimitar, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14;dam.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He misses.


Evil GM

RD 3:

smaller slother viper -
Argrim -
Vatilda -
larger sloth viper -
Kalim
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm
Karnog

RD 3 Map


Evil GM

RD 3: Small viper

The small viper moves towards the larger viper. Provoking AOO from Agrim, Malcolm, Sheyan, Grunt and Karnog.

You really don't know what Vatilda spoke/cast on the small viper. To you it looks like it could be retreating. You've seen her speak nonsense before so I'll let you roll as straight intelligence check to figure out that she cast as spell on the viper.


Evil GM

AOO: Grunt

Grunt takes his AOO swinging his sword at the viper,

att: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He misses his attack on the viper as it slithers towards it's companion.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

AOO

Argrim attacks the small viper when it slithers away.
____________________________________
Battleaxe attack defensively with flank & malcolm's thing: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 21
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 5) = 13
Fighting Defensively: -1 attack, +4 AC, deflect one melee hit per round with free hand

Can you update the map or say where the small viper is? Thanks


Evil GM

Here you go:

[Revised Map

Argrim's AOO hits but the small viper is still alive and slithering. it is certainly hacked up.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Any chance you want to use Karnog's rolls from the previous post as either his AoO or RD 3 action against the big snake?

In case not:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 attack; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage: AoO on little snake
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 attack; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage: RD 3 attack on big snake


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2 - AoO, Poisoned (Slowed: -1AC, -1 Att, -1 Ref), Power of faith 2/10 Rds (+1 AC, +1 Att, +1 Dam, +1 Saves)

Malcom swings at the miraculously retreating snake.

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Evil GM

Malcolm hit with the AOO and kills the small viper. Thus, the viper never did perform the murderous command but other than Vatilda the group would not have known why it moved towards the other.

Yes I'll use your out of order awesome crit roll on the large snake Karnog.


Evil GM

RD 3:

smaller slother viper - moves but draws multiple AOO and then dies
Argrim -
Vatilda -
larger sloth viper -
Kalim
Sheyan
Grunt
Malcolm
Karnog - hits and crits for 23 HP on large viper.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 3

Argrim moves to flank the large snake with Kalim and strikes it.
____________________________________
move BC42-BC43-B44
Battleaxe attack defensively with flank & malcolm's thing: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 28
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6, 1) = 16
Fighting Defensively: -1 attack, +4 AC, deflect one melee hit per round with free hand


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 3

Vatilda levels her palm at the remaining foe, and fires another focused dark bolt of force.

1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 vs touch AC
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Evil GM

The large viper coils when struck by Argrim but remains slithering. vatilda misses.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

touch attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21shocking grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 1, 5) = 17 Kalim's long limbs grabthe creature and send electric current coursing through it.


Evil GM

The large snake bites at Kalim this time,

bite 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24;dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

bite 2, quickness: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13;dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

DC 18 fort save need on any bite that hits. Failure is your slowed.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (changes no action)


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 3 - Poisoned (Slowed: -1AC, -1 Att, -1 Ref), Power of faith 2/10 Rds (+1 AC, +1 Att, +1 Dam, +1 Saves)

Malcom, feeling as if he is walking through molasses, moves to AY-42.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Just noticed Malcolm's thing adds to damage too, so Argrim did one more point. I'll correct in next post. Cheers


Evil GM
Argrim wrote:
Just noticed Malcolm's thing adds to damage too, so Argrim did one more point. I'll correct in next post. Cheers

It is still alive

Kalim hits with his attack.


Evil GM

DMPC Sheyan

He moves forward and hacks at the large viper,

scimtar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He hits and the creature stops moving. It is in the dying state.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

If I had a different character, I would milk these critters for their poison.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim will put it out of its misery with Su'ara kasā'ī (his magical boar spear).


Evil GM

Snake good eats," Grunt mumbles.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"It's only fair. They would have eaten us."


Evil GM

The rest of the evening goes by uneventfully. The next morning begins Grunt explains, "We git there today...we git out of swamp by mid-day then it's half day walk." He fidgets a bit shifting foot to foot. "What happen to Grunt when he gits y'there?


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan jumps in before anybody else can throw their opinion in "You have been more cooperative than we could have ever imagined so we will let you go"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I agree. You have behaved honorably, even assisting in combat as it became necessary. I'll not be calling you friend any time soon, but you've earned your freedom in my view."


Evil GM

Grunt breathes a noticeable sigh of relief. As promised the group finally exits the swampy area, the land around the area has rolling and rising hills. By late afternoon about 2 hours before dusk you see observe, about a mile or so away, what is known as the Cloister of the Frog-God standing on a desolate ridge overlooking vast swampland. Grunt would relay a story that it has been present since time immemorial. The cloister is still several hours away.

Cloister

After six months of prepping you, your finally going to start the actual written material.


Evil GM

"Grunt no go up there," he again is looking nervous, "lead you closer but that's all"


Evil GM

After another hour you come to a rising path that leads up towards the front gate. The path is worn dirt with an assortment of stone mixed in that provides some texture and support when it rains. There are an assortment of wild bushes, cypress trees, flowering weeds and worked stone along the pathway. It has been a long time since this entry road has been maintained.


Evil GM

What are you plans?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim checks the front gate for traps and alarms.

"Anything more you can tell us Grunt?" After the reply, he suggests that they return his gear and get him to promise not to tell anyone about us.
___________________________
Perception take 20+10=30 (+1 vs traps & +2 vs stone)


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The direct approach, then? Ask nicely if they would return the farmers without further trouble?"

Karnog snorts quietly at the thought of that working, then shrugs as he considers the benefits of it did. Regardless, he grips his hammer and buckler tightly.

2,651 to 2,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.