[PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts

Spell & AoE Templates

Need to Contact Me?:

If you need to contact me offsite, you can reach me at my email:

freakymagnet@gmail.com


401 to 450 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"This town hates bats, it seems... I am not much of a fan myself."

Oakley thanks Capt. Chlorophyll for his healing help. "Should we just wait for the Sheriff then?"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"I think it would be good to try to follow the *space ghost* back to its lair. Get our weapons from the sheriff and brief him on the way to the gate. What do you think?"

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Yeah, Tacca. We need to work out what really happened. The Crazy Space Ghost killed Amenira, but why is it frightened of Nira? It didn't try to attack us either. It's a real mystery. Where do you think it lives? Maybe it's got a spaceship! Can we go into space?" What IS a spaceship anyway?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

"B!tchin'." Bad Seed mutters, watching the flapping tarp monster flap away. Of all the monsters he's met, that one looks the most like it needs to be on a band's album cover. He has a slight plant crush on it.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Upon seeing everyone's reluctance to return to the guesthouse to wait for him, Sheriff Molume sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Alright then, stay here and give me maybe ten minutes," he says again before setting about clearing out the square as quickly as he can, in some cases having to resort to more forceful language than you've seen thus far to get a few of the more stubborn ones to go home.

Once the square is finally clear of citizens, the Sheriff hurries back over to you. "Okay. I'll try to say what I've got to say and be quick about it. The world out there is full of evil and terrible things — undead horrors that live for thousands of years, dragons the size of cities, and forces from beyond our world that try to ruin everything they touch. I’m grateful for whatever it is that shields Mercy from storms, keeps us healthy, makes our crops grow, and protects us from monsters like whatever that thing was that swooped overhead today - vampire or what, I don't know. Does Robori or someone else watch over us after all?"

Molume shrugs. "Honestly, I don't know about that either but I’m not as willing as most people around here to leave matters in the hands of faith alone. We need your help. I’m asking you to deal with that monster. Vampire or not, if it can make bats attack like that, it’s a danger to our town, and I can’t risk going off into the Wastes and leaving folk here undefended. And after what you did out there in the square, you’re the best choice we’ve got on taking that thing down."

"I know it’s a lot to ask...you folks don’t owe Mercy a thing, but, well...would you do it? Would you help us out?" the sheriff asks, looking a bit desperate for the first time since you’ve met him. "And don't worry, I won't ask you to go in unprepared. If you agree, I'll return your weapons to you and pass along a few other things I've got stored away for situations like this."

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Well, we want to get to the bottom of the mystery Sheriff! And there might be a spaceship out there in the Wastes! Maybe the Crazy Space Ghost killed Amenira because she found it? Oh! Maybe there are space guns! Come on agents! We have to find the space guns!"

The origin of the spirit that forms Boom Sticks gives the leshy a kind of instinctive awareness of gunpowder and other 'advanced' technology, and a strong desire to acquire and understand it all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

I love Boomy's insistence that it's all SPACE SHENANIGANS FROM SPACE! He'd perfect for an Iron Gods game :)

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l
GM Ladile wrote:
I love Boomy's insistence that it's all SPACE SHENANIGANS FROM SPACE! He'd perfect for an Iron Gods game :)

I’d like to get him into that some time

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Any idea where we might want to look for the thing?

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"If there's no trail to follow... " Tacca's voice trails off, thinking.

"The direction it was heading when it fled, do you think that was the direction of that cave we found?"

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"We're happy to help, Sheriff. Can we get our weapons back before we leave?"

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"It may be our only lead at this point...I don't expect a...whatever that was to have footprints but maybe there is something else. Dauswil, you are staying on from this point on. You even made that thing look a little scared." Motueka adds.

Survival (Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"I don't have any weapons, but am happy for any help. I like this town, so I will go hunt the mean creature."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

"Thank Robori or whoever’s listening," Molume breathes, relieved. "Come with me and I'll get you your weapons - and those other things I mentioned!"

After a quick jaunt over to the carriage house, Molume is true to his word and returns all of your confiscated weapons. In addition, he offers you a longspear, a scroll of Scorching Ray, a wand of Bless with 20 charges, as well as a +2 Cold Iron Fey Bane arrow. "This arrow has been handed down in my family for generations," he explains. "My great-grandmother used an arrow just like this one to strike through the heart of a wild creature that was trying to tempt people to a watery grave. It wouldn’t feel right not to give you everything I can to help you defend Mercy, so please - take it."

"I’m afraid that’s about all the help I can give you," Molume sighs. "Wish I could do more but I can’t leave the town undefended in case that thing shows up again. The bats were with it so if I were you, I’d try following the bats back to wherever they roost. They always come into town from somewhere to the south and it looked like that's where it was headed when it took off."
______________

Another post incoming shortly, please stand by~


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Luckily for you, even after the battle in the market square bats continue to fly south out of Mercy, their flight path easy enough to trace. You follow it out of the town until, roughly five miles south of Mercy, a dark crevice splits open the landscape. An oppressive heat pours out of the fracture, and the area smells like rotting flesh. Shining a light into the crevice reveals that it descends for about 30 feet or so before opening into a narrow hallway.
______________

I’ll need a (DC 5) Climb Check to descend for the first 15 feet and then a (DC 10) Climb Check to descend the remaining 15 feet. You can, of course, use rope and such to make it easier.

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Climb DC 5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Climb DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll looks over the equipment that the sheriff offers, but doesn't express interest in any of it.

---

At the crevice, they offer "I'm a pretty good climber and can go first if people want...or not." as they see Bad Seed start their climb down. "If anyone needs help, I would be happy to...Bad Seed, are you alright? Sounded like you fell." As they are saying this, they look down into the hole.

They extend their tendrils into the rock and climb down to check on Bad Seed.

Climbing Vine, climb speed 10': 10 + 8 = 18


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Falling: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Although Bad Seed manages to descend down the first 15 feet or so into the hole, the remaining 15 feet prove more tricky. As he attempts to lower himself down, his grip slips and he tumbles down to the floor below!

Captain Chlorophyll, created from a different type of vine stock, utilizes their natural climbing abilities to shimmy down to check on Bad Seed without any trouble.

At the bottom of the crevice, the pair can see that the narrow hallway runs a short distance before opening up into a large cavern. These caves and tunnels are thick with an underground forest, and trees grow out of the walls and ceiling at odd angles.

Kn. Nature (DC 18):

The two most prominent species of plant in this cavern are quaking aspen trees, each connected to a single root system, and parasitic plants known as corpse flowers. The corpse flowers feed off the nutrients of other plants — in this case, the vines surrounding the trees. However, the quaking aspen trees shouldn’t even be growing down here at all.

______________

Current Map

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Hey, I'll knot this rope of mine. That should make it easier for your guys to get down."

knotted rope is a DC5 climb I think?

When everyone else is down, Boomy recovers his rope and clambers down himself.

climb, take 10: 10 + 8 - 1 = 17

None of the Sheriff's gear is useable by Boom Sticks except the spear, which isn't needed. Anyone got a bow in case that arrow proves helpful?

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Can't use the scroll but will take the wand.

When the group reaches the crevice Moteuka takes a moment to pull Dauswil in until they reach the bottom before performing his ritual to bring him back out in ectoplasmic form.

Climb 5: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 Oh no!
Climb 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Thanks for the magic arrow, Sheriff. I'll make good use of it," Tacca says.

---

Digging out his climber's kit, Tacca prepares to climb down the rope. "Thanks, Boom-Boom."

Tacca finds a quiet, private corner of the cave to put on his vigilante game face.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Yep, using a knotted rope changes the DC to 5.

With the aid of Boom Sticks' knotted rope and climbing kits, for those who have them, the rest of you are able to make your way down to the bottom of the crevice without further incident.
______________

See my previous post for a description of where you now find yourselves.

Current Map

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Kn: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Looking at the trees, they note “Strange, these trees shouldn’t be able to survive down here...

They then explain what they know about the plants.

Feel free to read the spoiler.

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"I know those flowers. They smell like a forgotten crypt."

Oakley uses the rope.
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Oakley took whatever items that the others didn't claim.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

Boom Sticks spots the vines that Captain C points out, and introduces themself.

speak with vines:
"Hey, friends! I'm called Boom Sticks. I didn't know you could live underground. What's your home like? Have you seen a Crazy Space Ghost in here anywhere?"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Boomy & Anyone Else Joining In:

"Doom....doOOoOOoOom...." wails the vine in response. "The stinky ones take our food! Greedy! Greedy greedy greedy!"

"Loud, flapping things live here too...and another, bigger flapping thing...but they aren't like us so we don't talk to them! They don't take our food though, not like the stinky flowers!"

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka cocks his head as some of the others speak to the vines...it seems his drinking has dulled his ability to speak with plant-life. He waits to hear what the others discern but pushes Motueka to the front of the group.

"Dauswil, get up front. I believe you have something to settle with that creature from before." the leshy whispers to his companion.

He will move at the front when we move forward.

"What are they vines saying? Should we cut down the Corpse Plants?" he asks the others.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

"Yes, stay behind me little ones and let me suffer in your stead." he quietly growls while moving himself to the front of the group mugs at the ready.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"They say the corpse plants steal their food! So, yes, I think. I'll ask. Also, there are bats here, and the Crazy Space Ghost lives here too, but the vines don't talk to them."

Boomy asks the vines:

speak with vines:
"Would you like me and my friends to remove the stinky flowers? Then you'd get enough food."

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Had a cousin we used to call Corpse Flower. What a glutton! Wouldn't get a job, either. Now I understand how he earned the nickname."

Tacca begins a methodical search of the area.

Perception Take 20 or: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll moves ahead with Tacca, looking for signs of the flying monster.

Aid Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Boomy & the Vines:

"Yes! Yes yes yes! The Warmth always tell us to be nice but the stinky ones still eat more than their share! That'll teach them!"

Meanwhile, Tacca and Captain Cholorphyll slowly begin a methodical search of the small cavern you've entered into and then being making their way down the short tunnel that leads to the southeast. Nira, having tagged along by riding in Tacca's pack, slithers her way out and also follows a short distance behind. The tunnel widens and opens into an underground forest. A mass of leafless vines covers all of the cavern’s walls, and a colony of trees with white bark and pale yellow leaves emerges from the walls and ceiling. Thousands of bats hang from the tree branches, and a thick layer of guano carpets the ground of hard-packed dirt. In the southwest corner of the wall, the vines seem particularly sparse compared to the rest of the cavern and both of the lead leshies easily determine that the cavern actually continues past this wall of vines.
______________

Current Map

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"What's going on in there? Can we all see?"

Oakley is in the back, but seems very interested in pushing everyone further in so he can see what's going on.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll whispers “Let me know if the vines tell you anything important.

They then head towards the center of this chamber, so they can see more of the surroundings. If they don’t see any signs of hostiles, they will then approach the wall of vines.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed slumps along, but he brightens up when he sees the bats, remembering how crispy they got when he lit them on fire back at Mercy. He starts playing with a small flame, rolling it around in his palm, humming a deep bass line under his breath.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca follows Captain Chlorophyll into the large cavern, uneasy with all the bats and their mound of droppings. "Stay close, Nira."

He takes a careful look around.
Take 20 Perception for 25 or: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Motueka will use his scythe to help clear away any Corpse Flowers but when he notices Dauswil moving further in he quickly follows.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"The vines say they'd like us to clear away the greedy corpse flowers for them. They also refer to 'the Warmth', which the vines in Mercy told me about too. The Warmth speaks to them. Very odd."

speak with vines:
"How far is it to the big flappy thing? Did it come this way recently?"

'I'm asking them about the Crazy Space Ghost."

Boom Sticks readies their hammer as they talk.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll stops to think a moment,

Tell them we will take care of it after we have taken care of the flying cloaker. Please ask if The Warmth is friendly, it sounds like it.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Oh, the Warmth is definitely friendly. All the vines really like it, and it seems to help them grow. In Mercy the vines also mentioned 'the Light', but we don't seem to have that here. Hey, I'll ask if they know 'the Light'!"

speak with vines:
"We're going to deal with the greedy flowers and we need to speak to the big flappy thing too. Some friends of mine nearby know the Warmth too! And they also know the Light. Do you know the Light?"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"While you're talking to the vines, Boom-Boom, I'll start clearing away the corpse flowers. Can't hurt to start helping them now."

Tacca starts knocking them off with his silver morning star and carefully cutting away the remains with his cold iron dagger.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Okay, going to play with the order of your actions slightly for reasons that are about to become apparent...

Boomy:

"The Warmth and the Light! Same thing, same thing! It takes care of us here!"

The vines pause again, thinking...or rather, thinking about as much as vines can think. "Flappy...yes! Came here not long ago, yes! Ahead, ahead!"

And as Tacca begins clearing away the corpse flowers, the vines begin cheering.

"Hooray! Now we can eat and grow and be happy again! The stinky ones can go grow somewhere else!"

Though Tacca and Captain C. take a cursory look into the cavern beyond, they fall back to wait for Boom Sticks to finish interrogating the local plant life. In the meantime, Tacca decides to go ahead and clear out some of the corpse flowers - though he can't hear them himself, Boom Sticks is able to reassure him that the vines are very happy about it. He also passes along that the flappy...er CSG is somewhere ahead, according to the vines. Nira stays close, though she does tap her foot slightly as she waits for everyone to finish playing with the plants.

"Close now...it'll be finished...one way or the other," she remarks cryptically.

Once the corpse flowers are gone, you've exhausted your questions for the vines, and you've prepared as much as you're able (feel free to cast any spells and such that you wish) you begin to move forward once more, alert and on guard for the CSG now that you know it's lurking somewhere close. All seems to be quiet as everyone files into the cavern ahead; the bats squeak and fidget at their roosts but otherwise don't seem inclined to bother you. However, everything changes as Nira toddles into the cavern behind the rest of you. A sudden flapping is heard as the CSG detaches itself from the ceiling above and swoops down, its outline flickering oddly as it does!

Who Goes First?:

Captain C. Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Boom Sticks Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Motueka Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bad Seed Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Poison Oakley Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Tacca: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Nira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

SSF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"YOU! Murderer! I avenge myself!" Nira suddenly shrieks in a fury, racing towards the CSG on little wooden legs. As she draws close to Tacca, she suddenly emits a burst of brambles and splinters from her body that pelt the CSG and drive into its flesh!

Splinterspray: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
______________

Round 1

Captain Chlorophyll
Nira
Poison Oakley
Bad Seed
Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil

==============
CSG (-4)

Active Conditions: None

Everyone is UP!

Current Map

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Oakley double times it around the edge of the group, hoping to get bhind this monster. Little doll hates this thing.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed nods at the bada$$ little doll as it explodes into murder splinters. That was punk, yo.

He moves north of the doll and flings at wad of fire at the flapping murder tarp.
Ranged Touch o' Fire!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 fire!

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll runs towards the wall, then makes a 90 degree turn and runs up to the cloaker. They give their normal shout of “Root to the head!” as they strike at it.

IUS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca's eyes widen at the animated doll's fury and her lethal burst of wood chips. "Whoa, there, Nira! We don't want you to get hurt."

He licks his knuckles, coating them with vine leshy toxin, then he steps up to the space ghost and delivers a roundhouse punch. *KAPOW!!!*
Unarmed Strike; Damage, MKH Rebel, Fist of the Avenger, Belier's Bite, Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Belier's Bite Bleed Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
(Fortitude DC13 vs Vine Leshy Toxin or sickened for 1 round)

Poisonous:
Poisonous: Vine leshys made from poison ivy vines carry natural poison in their bodies. As a swift action, the leshy can imbue its vines with this irritating substance. The next time the leshy hits a creature with an unarmed strike, the creature is affected by the following poison. Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike—injury; save Fort DC 10 + half the vine leshy’s Hit Dice + the leshy’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. The leshy can use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1). A vine leshy is immune to its own poison, but not to those of other vine leshys. This replaces plantspeech and change shape.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"There it is...let us work quickly before the bats get riled up." Motueka says before going silent and concentrating on the CSG.

Fear is a powerful and sobering thing. Feel the fear of those towns people.

Cast Cause Fear. Will DC 14 or be Frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 Rounds. If Will save is passed be Shaken for 1 Round.

"Now Dauswil." he calls out breaking his trance.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

"Foolish creature...you should have learned when to stay hidden...I wish I had." Dauswil roars as he move to strike the affected CSG.

Slam: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
Will DC 11 or CSG gets -2 to Attack and Damage for 1 round. (Miserable Strike)

Miserable Strike (Su):

If the phantom hits a creature with a slam attack, that creature must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC = 10 + 1/2 the phantom’s Hit Dice + the phantom’s Charisma modifier) or take a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear and emotion (UM) effect. Penalties from multiple hits don’t stack with themselves.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 6/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

Looks like you moved the wrong token, Oakley. I think I've corrected it.

"Well the vines are happy, but it looks like the Crazy Space Ghost and Nira are both pretty mad at each other! Nira counts as a Pathfinder, right?"

Boom Sticks knows what side they're on.

"JUSTICE FOR AMENIRA!"

They move up with their comrades, and thrust up at the C-S-G with their hammer.

lucerne hammer vs CSG, rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

As Poison Oakley moves up to get into position, both Bad Seed and Captain Chlorophyll leap into action and fire off blasts and deliver flying kicks to the head...but even though the creature is caught somewhat off-guard by the sudden hostility, both attacks miss their mark.

Tacca Miss (20%): 1d100 ⇒ 61

On the other hand, Tacca's roundhouse punch catches the CSG squarely across the snoot and elicits a startled squeal of pain!

Fort (DC 13): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

And not only does the punch hurt, but Tacca's poison leaves the wound looking red and irritated as the CSG begins looking a little green around the gills!

Will (DC 14; Sickened): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 = 21

Next up, Motueka attempts to strike fear into the CSG's inky black heart...but it appears that CSGs are made of surprisingly stern stuff and the attempt fails. But even so, the creature seems to be rather shaken by the strong resistance the party is putting up so far!

Dauswil Miss (20%): 1d100 ⇒ 38
Will (DC 11; Shaken, Sickened): 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 9

And adding insult to injury, Dauswil delivers a slam upside the CSG's head for good measure, further throwing the creature into a confused tizzy! Last but not least, Boom Sticks enters the fray and takes a swing with his lucerne hammer but misses and strikes the ground, sending up a cloud of dust and debris!

1d3 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 4

Although the CSG seems intent on getting at Nira it has little choice but to start striking at those standing in its way...

Bite vs. Captain C. (MS, Shaken, Sickened): 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 3
Tail vs. Boomy (MS, Shaken, Sickened): 1d20 + 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 1

...to no avail!
______________

Round 2

Captain Chlorophyll
Nira
Poison Oakley
Bad Seed
Tacca
Boom Sticks
Motueka + Dauswil

==============
CSG (-18; Blur; Miserable Strike, Shaken, Sickened - 1r)

Active Conditions: None

Everyone is UP!

Current Map


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Though I don't think anyone in the party can technically identify it, you'd now realize that the CSG has some sort of blurring effect going on that makes it a little harder to hit than normal - so I added it to the creature's status so you folks can make your own rolls vs. concealment from here on out~

401 to 450 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.