[PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts

Spell & AoE Templates

Need to Contact Me?:

If you need to contact me offsite, you can reach me at my email:

freakymagnet@gmail.com


101 to 150 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

A quick search of the gnoll's body yields up a chain shirt, a spear, a composite longbow, a climber's kit, 18 arrows, and a potion. Aside from the gnoll and its hyena companion there doesn't appear to be any other hostile creatures nearby - well, out here anyway. The cave that recedes into the hillside might be another matter entirely.

Spellcraft (DC 16):

This is a potion of Cure Light Wounds.

____________

Once everyone has had a moment to catch their breath and make any preparations they might wish to make, the tangle of leshies turn their attention to the nearby cave...with Norv and Ruby adamant that they'll just wait for you outside, thank-you-very-much.

Survival (DC 13):

On your way into the cave you notice something strange. Tiny shoe prints, perhaps belonging to a very young human or a halfling child, trail out of the nearby cave. There don’t seem to be any corresponding prints leading back into the cave, however.

Pictographs on the walls of this shallow cave show an indistinct winged creature navigating through a sea of swirling patterns and black dots. A clumsily constructed altar sits at the center of the cave. Dozens of small niches are carved into the wall, most filled with an odd assortment of items; teeth, scraps of clothing, a jar of white liquid, a wooden staff, several pieces of parchment, a cloth pouch, a leather satchel, and several identical wooden dolls.

Kn. Religion (DC 15):

You’re certain from the nature of the altar and the offerings sitting in the niches that this altar is dedicated to madness.

Kn. Religion *or* Kn. Planes (DC 20):

Based on the nature of the altar, the offerings sitting in the niches, and the pictographs on the walls, you realize that this altar is dedicated to the Outer God, Azathoth.

Perception (DC 15):

Closer inspection of the altar reveals dried blood that’s been sloppily wiped away. The blood seems to have a faint green tint to it.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Untrained Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

What a strange collection!” Captain Chlorophyll remarks at the sight of the jars and dolls.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Survival DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Tacca inspects the altar. "Look. Dried blood that’s been sloppily wiped away. Seems to have a faint green tint to it."

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Green blood? Leshy sacrifices? Interesting... but not pleasant."

Looking around, Oakley seems interested in the ground leading to the cave.

"Tiny shoe prints... perhaps belonging to... a very young human... or a halfling child. Look... a trail out... but no trail back in. Perhaps we should... wait for their return?"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll does a double-take.

Hold it, what was that about Leshy sacrifices?” They quickly look about, then proclaim “You must be mistaken, there is no signs of a verdant burst here!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

While you ponder the meaning of the green-tinted blood on the altar - perhaps an omen - and the tiny footprints that only exit and not enter, the tangle continues to carefully poke around. Further inspection of the cave and the offerings reveals that the assortment of teeth are a mixture of human and gnoll teeth and the white liquid in the jar is rancid cashew milk. The three wooden dolls are of amazingly high quality and appear to be very nearly identical. Looking at the wooden staff it is revealed to be of masterwork quality, covered in strange symbols.

Kn. Religion (DC 15):

These are symbols common among the Nethysian faith.

Peeking into the cloth pouch reveals what appear to be spell components and a few of the remaining objects even turn out to be magical in nature - two pieces of parchment, a vial of oil, and a handful of actual bullets for a firearm!

Spellcraft Scroll #1 (DC 22):

This is a scroll of Speak with Plants.

Spellcraft Scroll #2 (DC 21):

This is a scroll of Mount (CL 5th).

Spellcraft Oil (DC 20):

The vial of oil is an Oil of Silence.

Spellcraft Bullet x3 (DC 27):

Three of the bullets are +1 Seeking Bullets.

Spellcraft Bullet (DC 17):

A fourth bullet is a Tracer Bullet.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"This place feels, wrong. Even my spirit friend is quiet for once. I wonder where the denizen of this cave is..." Motueka says in a more sobered tone as he eyes the rancid cashew milk curiously...you feel there aren't many things he will not try drinking at least once.

Dausil is quiet for once as he looks at the blood on the altar while holding his own wounds.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

Try to identify the gnoll's potion by taste (perception):

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Bullets? BOOM! Bullets! Is there a gun here? Is there? No? Can I take the bullets anyway? I'll take the bullets. For safekeeping. Black Powder is dangerous!"

Boom Sticks excitedly pockets the bullets if no-one objects and hops about, looking for a firearm, oblivious to the spilled blood.

"The Maker was like that mutant creature outside, but Maker Gnashbakk knew the sylvan tongue. Not all mutations are good. Sometimes, they make you go wrong."

Boom Sticks rolls the bullets around in their tendril-hands, somewhat transfixed.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Here, Boom-Boom. Let me have a lick of that vial."
Perception to identify: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Tacca licks his lips, "Nope. Nothing. Anybody else want to try?"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

While Boom happily pockets the bullets, Tacca and Motueka try to identify the strange liquid within the vial but without much success. As you mull over the discoveries within the small the cave, the sound of crunching footsteps is heard as Norv and Ruby tentatively inch their way up to the cave entrance.

"Like, are you guys okay in there?" Norv calls out. "Please don't tell me you've all been eaten by a grue or something!"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"'Grue'?" Tacca raises a vine-like brow in question.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

We are fine, just puzzling over what we found here. Thanks for checking!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

You hear an audible sigh of relief from Norv and what even sounds like some sort of similar *huff* from Ruby.

"Great! We were worried because, like, we've always heard that grues hide in the dark and eat folks that don't carry any lights," he calls back. "And speaking of, how can you guys see in there anyway?"

And it's a good question, considering that the interior of the cave is fairly dark even with the late afternoon sun providing some minor illumination.
____________

In order to avoid any possible wild goose chases or red herrings due to the GM's odd sense of humor, the 'grue' thing is an old gamer joke :)

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

xyzzy

Looking back towards Norv, Captain Chlorophyll says “Sunlight is to bath in. We don’t need it to see, although it does make things prettier with all the colors.

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Don't we all have darkvision?


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

"Oh...huh. That power sure does sound swell - would've made raiding the larder in the middle of the night when I was a kid a lot easier," Norv remarks, surprised but also satisfied by Captain Chlorophyll's answer. "Well, um...I guess Ruby and I'll stick around out here and keep watch until you're done poking around in there. Like, the sun'll be going down in a couple hours though so it'd be great if we could maybe make Mercy before it gets dark!"
____________

I'll give folks a little bit longer and then move us along tomorrow~

Also, yes, vine leshies have darkvision but Norv didn't know that :)

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca looks back and forth, from Norv to Captain Chlorophyll. "Grue? xyzzy?" What in the Nine Hells are these people talking about and in what language? Abyssal?

(I'm old, but those two terms are over my head.)

Tacca turns on his darkvision, and enters the cave. Waving to the others to follow.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Reference to an old text-based game called ZORK! Also I think there's some confusion; the cave is just a shallow, dead-end cave that the group has already been exploring and is where you found the altar and the various magical items. There aren't any tunnels or passages that lead elsewhere.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Can any of you make sense of this stuff? I'm afraid I didn't study religion or spellcraft at the Lodge."

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Maker Gnashbakk would know what these things are. But I don't think we have time to find him. We need to get to Mercy. Maybe somebody there can tell us what these things mean?"

Looks like we don't have anybody trained in Spellcraft. Only Motueka has detect magic, and nobody has read magic.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

xyzzy is a magic phrase from the original Adventure game which was written in Fortran. It allowed you to teleport, I believe one end of the destination was Y2. I don’t recall the other end. I thought that game also made reference to Grue, but it has been *mumble* decades since I’ve played it.

Sorry, I’ve got nothing,” Captain Chlorophyll says as they wander back towards the cave entrance.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

"Like, maybe there'll be someone in Mercy that can tell you all about that stuff," Norv offers as the tangle troop back out of the cave with what might appear as mere junk to the untrained eye - large sticks, pieces of paper, a vial of strange liquid. "But let's just worry about actually getting there for right now, you know?"

*RYEAH!* Ruby woofs in agreement, settling the matter - at least as far as she's concerned!
____________

And so once everyone is satisfied that there's nothing else to be learned from the cave and its surroundings, at least for now, you return to the road as Norv continues to lead the group parallel to the southern road. Finally, with what you’d guess to be an hour left before sunset, you pass over some small hills and through a field of cashew trees and then spot your destination just ahead. The town of Mercy rests a mile south of the banks of the Ustradi River; a wooden palisade encircles a collection of what you'd guess to be maybe one hundred wooden buildings. Surprisingly, hardy trees laden with red and yellow fruit dot the surrounding landscape. The road leads to a wide gate, which bears a prominent sign with orange-painted letters. The sign reads:

'Mercy does not allow dishonesty, firearms, or large weapons within town limits. Respect the curfew.'

As you approach the gate, it slowly creaks open to reveal a tall, dark-skinned man sporting what appears to be simple orange work clothes and a large, straw hat. He strides toward you but once he draws close enough to get a better look at the group he stops dead in his tracks for a moment as he takes in the sight of multiple leshies. After a pause, he calls out, "Welcome to Mercy. I’m Sheriff Molume, and I keep the peace around here. As you can see from the sign, we don’t allow people to walk around with large weapons around here. Before I let you inside, I need to ask you to hand them over."

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"Oh, but I imagine our weapons are small enough, no? I suppose it doesn't matter that much. Does Mercy have a tavern?" Motueka says handing over his scythe to the man happily.

I never like using that thing anyways.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

A little puzzled, Captain Chlorophyll gets out his light mace and offers it to the man. “Sorry, this is the biggest weapon I have with me.

No one told me we were supposed to bring large weapons here.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca unfurls the canvas bundle of leshy-sized weapons he carries, sets it down upon the grass and displays a darkwood composite longbow with a quiver of arrows, a silver morningstar, and a cold iron dagger.

"Take them all, Sheriff Molume, if it sets your heart at ease. I'm no cavalier, needing to carry a lot of swords and such. Hells, I am a weapon." Tacca cracks his scarred knuckles, then offers the man his hand. "Name's Tacca Chantrieri."

"You all seem a little tense. Trouble?"

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"No firearms? But why? You're the sheriff; surely you have a gun, right? Sheriffs have guns. Can I see it? Please?"

Boom Sticks hands over his long hammer. "Is this a big weapon?"

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

"B@llocks." mutters the Sid Vicious worshipper, and holds his club out for the Sheriff.

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Oakley holds out his fists. "I would prefer... that you didn't... take these."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

The sheriff actually cracks a smile as Poison Oakley holds out his little leafy fists. "No, uh...son...we're not ogres here. But no barroom brawls, got it?" He shoots Tacca a look as he speaks. "Then again, you folks don't really ah, look the type. No offense."

"And nope, no firearms at all," he adds for the benefit of Boom Sticks. "Not even me. To be honest, never been a big fan - noisy and by all accounts terribly expensive to buy the ammo and keep one in working order. Just give me a good old-fashioned bow any day!"

As everyone obligingly offers their weapons, Sheriff Molume stares at the assortment and then raises an eyebrow. "Not that I'm meaning to be rude or anything, especially since you're being cooperative, but it looks like you folks are loaded for bear. What brings you out this way anyway?"
____________

You may keep any light melee weapons and quartstaves; the sheriff will confiscate the rest for the time being.

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

"Walking." Bad Seed mutters.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Travelling the Mana Wastes is dangerous Sheriff. We met mutants, and not the good kind! We found some stuff in a cave we might want some help identifying: magic scrolls, and wooden dolls and such. But mainly we're looking for a friend of ours. Amenira. Do you know where we can find her?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Boom Sticks cannot completely hide their disappointment that this is a Sheriff without a gun, but they decide to trust the human.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

She hasn’t written in such a long time, it caused a lot of worry.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

"Walking, right. See, I thought you'd just sprang out of the ground outside town but walking works too," the sheriff sarcastically replies to Bad Seed. "And yeah, you don't have to tell me about the Mana Wastes - I've seen plenty of what it has to offer and I'm content to spend most of my time right here where it's safe," Molume continues, nodding at Boom Sticks. However, his expression grows troubled when the conversation turns to Amenira.

"Amenira? She lives in the orange house on the west side of town," he explains. "She’s been hanging around Mercy for about a year now. Every month, she goes into Alkenstar to send letters to her family. She’s not a proper one of us, but she’s nice enough, and follows the rules, so we don’t mind her sticking around. She makes good toys for the children. Or at least, she used to. She’s been in Alkenstar a mighty long time...or at least, that's what I thought. You're saying that she's not there?"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Being told their light mace doesn’t qualify, they put it away.

Frowning when they hear the news about Amenira, Captain Chlorophyll says “We came because there were no letters. This doesn’t sound good at all! We came all this way, would you mind if we investigate?

As for the springing out of the ground, it doesn’t work quite like that. I was told that it requires a special ritual to make one of us sprout.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Mind letting us have a look at Amenira's home? Probably the best place to start our investigation."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"And like Boom-Boom said, we've got some artifacts, like these strange dolls, we'd like to consult an expert on. Any suggestions?"

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"The rules? We should know these as well while we are here. We don't want to be a bother." Motueka adds.

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"Yes, rules. Please explain."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

"Screw your rules." Bad Seed mutters, glaring at the Po-po.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Sheriff Molume scowls at Bad Seed's bad attitude. "Look, I'm just doing my job to make sure the people under my watch stay safe. Besides, if you'll just hear me out like the rest of your friends seem happy to do then I think you'll see that what we ask isn't unreasonable."

"Okay, first - if Amenira's not here and not in Alkenstar then I'm not sure where she'd have gone to," he continues. "That said, if some of her kin or friends sent you to find her then I'll do what I can to cooperate with you - provided you cooperate with us. Like I said, she wasn't one of us but she was always plenty nice and never caused any trouble; I'd hate to think that something happened to her under my watch."

Here, the sheriff pauses for a moment and sighs. "But this is where you'll have to bear with me. See, we've got a curfew here in town for visitors. We pray and attend temple twice daily, once at sunrise and once just after sundown. We ask that you stay inside the guesthouse from 1 hour before sunset until 1 hour after sunrise. That gives you 10 hours each day to wander around. When you hear the triple bell you can leave the guesthouse, and when the triple bells ring again, return to the guesthouse and draw the curtains." Glancing up at the late afternoon sky he adds, "Curfew starts shortly so I'm afraid that I won't be able to let you visit Amenira's home today. But come tomorrow morning once the curfew is lifted, you have my permission to make a full inspection of the place."

He pauses for a moment, clearly expecting a barrage of protests from one or all of you, before continuing on. "As for your artifacts? Hum....I guess you'd probably want to speak with Zuri, our high priestess. I'm sure she'd be absolutely thrilled to meet you folks." The sheriff's mouth twitches oddly as he says this, as though he's enjoying some sort of private joke. "Last of all, other rules - I'm glad you asked, sometimes we get folks that don't seem to care at all."

"Probably our two biggest besides the curfew are no meat, as everyone here in Mercy lives on a strict vegetarian diet, and no spreading false gospel - we worship Robori, the God of Trees here and no other," Molume finishes. "There's other things but they're rules that I'd expect most civilized places would have: no throwing food at folks, no sleeping in the streets, that sort of thing."

Sense Motive (DC 20):

For purportedly being a worshiper of Robori, the sheriff's tone doesn't seem particularly reverent.

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Sense Motive DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Beneath his stoic exterior, Tacca seethes at the genocidal dietary practices of this racist community of plant-eaters.

Suppressing his outrage, Tacca warns the sheriff, "If one of your leaf-hungry, sap-thirsty townsfolk attempts to eat one of us, we will defend ourselves. Self-defense is a basic right, after all."

His eyes narrow. "You don't seem like the religious-type, yourself. Robari isn't a deity I've ever heard of. His idea everybody ought to eat innocent plants? Odd dogma for a tree god, if you ask me."

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Sounds like you have a place set aside for visitors and we best be getting there soon. Perhaps we can discuss the other details tomorrow?

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed slinks backward, lighting his tendril on fire to discourage being eaten by this sick, sick policeman and his veggie hungry town.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Plants are people too, you know!"

"Kanskje er denne robori en slags onde tre-død-gud? kanskje det er derfor de ikke vil at vi skal se dem tilbedelse?"

sylvan:
"Maybe this robori is some kind of evil tree-death-god? maybe that's why they don't want us to see them worship?"

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

"Worship trees, eh? How nice."

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Well, sheriff, if there's little time left before curfew, can you show us what you can of Mercy, before you lock us up for the night?" Tacca asks.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Sheriff Molume regards Tacca with a bemused expression rather than an angry one. "Three things I don’t usually discuss with strangers: politics, religion, or marriage. No offense, but you outsiders usually give weird advice," he remarks. "Zuri can explain it better'n I can but Robori's the protector of this town and it's thanks to him that we survive out here in the Mana Wastes like we do. We eat what's been given to us to eat and that's the way it's always been."

"But...no, no one's going to be trying to eat you folks," the sheriff continues, his tone softening slightly. "I guess you probably get that a lot out there, right?" he asks, gesturing with his hand towards the world beyond the town gates. "I know it might sound strange, but please trust me on that. And even if someone did, for some strange reason, they'd have to answer to me. These folks are like family to me but the law's the law and I try to be fair to everyone, family and outsiders alike."

He shakes his head. "But anyway, yeah, it's almost time for curfew to start. Follow me and I'll show you the way to the guest house."

Sheriff Molume leads you through the town, along winding, dusty streets towards the western side of town. As you walk, you can see, off to the north, an enormous twisted tree with vanilla orchids sprouting from what you can see of its trunk. "If you're looking for the temple just head towards that tree," the sheriff advises. "It's right there at the base of it; can't miss it. If you want to make any purchases then you'll want to head to our artisan's square, just a few streets south from the guest house. And Amenira's home, it's on the western edge of town like I said - orange house, you can't miss it."

After several minutes of walking you finally arrive at a large, lodge on the southwestern edge of town. "Alrighty, here we are. You’re the only visitors to Mercy right now so you’ve got run of the place," Molume explains. He gestures to a large box with an orange flag in it that sits near the front door of the guesthouse. "I know we might seem a bit strange but the folks of Mercy always provide for any visitors we have. They’ll deliver plenty of good food here three times a day - sunrise, noon, and sunset. Beyond that, if there’s anything you need outside of the curfew just set that flag on the box and me or one of the others’ll come over to see what we can do."

The sheriff tips his hat to the group. "Well, I think that’s everything. Just remember what I said about the curfew, alright? Stay here until an hour after sunrise; after that feel free to come out and have a better look around the town if you like. Until then, hope you folks have a good night."

And with that, he turns and heads off back towards the front gate.
____________

Okay, so you've got run of the guest house and instructions about the curfew and when you can and can't be outdoors. Do you folks settle in for the night and go exploring tomorrow? Do you want to risk breaking curfew to have a look around? Or something else entirely?

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

"Anybody up for a sneak after curfew?" Tacca asks, confident he might be able to pull off a covert recon of the village. (Stealth +10)

"Might be more effective, though, after we're more familiar with the layout. Tomorrow night maybe, if it's needed?"

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 5/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision l

"Of course we can go look around after curfew. If we hear humans nearby we just change back into vines and they won't be any the wiser. And we don't need to bring light."

But I think some of us don't have the Change Shape ability? Boom's Stealth is +7, or +6 with armour, so I'm happy to go sneaking now.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"I can hide and poor Dauswil can scout when he makes himself scarce but won't they be cautious our first night here? Do you think anyone makes brews with those vanilla orchids?" he adds in before being distracted.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

"They never see what that don't want to see. I was always invisible until they wanted their cut. I can go unseen still maybe even more so now." Dauswil moans coming into view this time more ethereal.

101 to 150 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.