[PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts

Spell & AoE Templates

Need to Contact Me?:

If you need to contact me offsite, you can reach me at my email:

freakymagnet@gmail.com


351 to 400 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

As the party leaves Efua's home, heading to the guesthouse, Tacca asks Captain Chlorophyll, "All I got was a scent of oatmeal off the ointment. Did you find anything unusual?"

After they traipse into the guesthouse and greet Norv and Ruby, Tacca suggests, "Unless you guys have a place you want to check out after dark, let's set up a watch plan and find a place where we can observe what goes at night around here. Maybe on the roof?" Tacca helps put together a schedule.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

"We can just go outside Tacca. If any of the humans are around we turn into vines, they'll never know it's us. They can't see in the dark, can they? BOOM! Besides, the sheriff sort of gave us permission to investigate. We're not going to find the crazy space ghost staying indoors."

Boom Sticks hops from one woody foot to the other, as if anxious to get out.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll takes a moment to examine the salve they were given.

Profession Herbalist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

When discussion moves to tonight’s plans, he says “A dangerous creature prowls at night. I think it is clear we should go out and try to stop it!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Captain Chlorophyll:

Yep, definitely oatmeal, yogurt, and honey!

With still at least an hour until the sun actually sets everyone settles in for dinner while you plot and plan whether to go out once it's well and truly dark or take a more passive approach and set up position on the guest house roof. While Tacca's more measured approach has merit, others among you feel that time is of the essence and that the time for action is now.

As you discuss and eat, the sun sinks lower and lower into the sky and the shadows deepen as the sky slowly grows darker. The hour is twilight when, from somewhere outside, the air is suddenly split with the sound of terrified screams!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Yum! Some honey and yogurt in with the oatmeal.

——

Captain Chlorophyll is quickly bored by the discussion. “Action gets results! We should go out there and find this flying cloak thing!

When they hear the scream, they decide that is enough. They rush out the door and look for where the scream came from!

Sorry, my Leshy isn’t much for planning. Hit things good is more their style.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Tacca runs to the sound of the screams.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed grumbles and slouch-runs toward the sound of screams, too. Maybe they'll turn out to be a really b!tchin' band?

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

"C'mon plant-people! That could be the C-S-G! Let's go get it!"

Boom Sticks races outside, readying their horned shield in case of trouble.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"Looks like it decided our actions for us...give me a moment to bring the mopey one out to help." Motueka says as he begins to commune with the spirit within him.

Fully Manifesting: Ectoplasmic.

Trouble, time to stretch those ghostly arms and see if you can still brawl.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

The tattered spirit grows forth from the small leshy much like before but no longer an apparition instead a physical manifestation in grayscale. The wounds are even more clear and his voice more painful.

"What dreadful mess have you gotten into now? Are you to die as well and join me as a ghost?" he says leading Motueka outside with the others.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Screeches fill the air, accompanied by the sound of thousands of wings crashing through leaves and branches, and the occasional *thud* of something hitting the ground from a great height. The sounds seem to be coming from the small market square that lies just to the south of the guest house's back door and so the intrepid leshies rush outside, ready to do what they can to help. As you step outside you can see that several Mercy citizens are out in the square, slinging rocks into the trees to frighten away what you realize, with a jolt, is a mass of bats!

Suddenly, a swirling collection of shadows appears along the wall of the carriage house. As the people in the square cry out in surprise, the shadows collect themselves into distinct forms. A figure wearing a large cape flees from a small child who lurches forward with an unnatural gait...

Spellcraft (DC 16):

The shadows aren’t real but the product of a Silent Image spell!

Perform (DC 15) *or* Sense Motive (DC 17):

As bizarre as it seems, you can’t shake the feeling that whoever or whatever’s behind the strange shadows is using them in an attempt to communicate. Communicate what, exactly, you’re not sure.

Perception (DC 26):

One of the nearby market stalls is covered with a black tarp...except wait, tarps don’t move, right? And you’re positive that you just saw this one move a little bit!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

No Spellcraft
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception, not that it is possible to make it: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The Captain adjusts the straps on his shield, grabs an Alchemist Fire from his belt and shouts “I will go help the citizens! ” as he moves towards the bat swarm.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Sense Motive DC17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception (with darkvision and low-light vision) DC26: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Tacca curses, "Blast that sheriff for confiscating our means of defending the town!" He runs to try to help the young child near the caped creature.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Whoops, I realize I was a little unclear with the description; the child and the caped figure are shadows but you don't actually see anyone that could be casting said shadows.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed nods. This is the epic album cover he's been waiting for. All it needs now is more fire!

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Bad Seed lets out a howl of righteous punk anger and flings a blast of FIRE at the bats!

FIRE BLAST: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 fire!

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
GM reroll on that: sense motive, gm reroll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19

"Hey, easy on the fire there B.Seedy! Someone's trying to communicate with us! It looks like maybe the crazy space ghost is afraid of the human sprouts - or maybe afraid of Amenira's dolls? It's tough to make out, but those shadows are a message I'm sure of it. Hey, let's try to make some shadows of our own!"

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Using the light from nearby torches, Tacca tries to fashion a few basic shadow puppet messages on a wall:
*Stop attacking.*
*Who/what are you?*
*What do you want?*
Perform (Shadow Puppets) untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Behind the Scenes:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

As the shadows begin to dance along the stones of the market square most of the citizens shriek and flee with terror, bolting into nearby buildings. Bad Seed, finally in his element, flings a blast of righteous fire at some of the bats and sends several of them crashing to the ground like tiny little meteorites! As Boom Sticks calls out his sudden realization that the source of the shadow show is attempting to communicate, Tacca attempts his own shadow puppet act to try and communicate in return. The shadows swirl and suddenly the caped figure is joined by many small figures - all of you! Moving as one, your shadows and that of the mysterious caped figure turn on the small, shuffling creature and begin to hack and tear it to pieces...

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

"Wait, so we're supposed to join the C-S-G? Then who's the real bad guy? It can't be Nira can it? Who really killed Amenira?

Tacca, can we make a shadow of Amenira somehow? Maybe I can help."

Boom Sticks tries to make a shadow puppet of a human and some little dolls to represent Amenira.

perform: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Trying to ponder this strange and confusing development, Boom Sticks attempts to make his own shadow puppet show...but then, from out of the guest house, comes a small figure....that of a small doll, its neck broken. Nira. She pauses after a few toddering steps and calls out a single word:

"Murder."

A sound like a sheet whipping through gale wind fills the air in response, followed by a renewed screeching of bats as what you thought was simply a tarp draped across one of the market stalls suddenly takes flight into the sky!

Kn. Dungeoneering (DC 15):

The tarp-like creature is actually a cloaker, a mysterious and paranoid creature whose motives are often hidden and confusing, even to their own kind.

For every 5 that you beat the DC to identify, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Kn. Nature (DC 12):

The bats are numerous enough to comprise an actual swarm!

For every 5 that you beat the DC to identify, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Who Goes First?:

Captain C. Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Boom Sticks Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Motueka Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Bad Seed Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Poison Oakley Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Tacca: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Nira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

BS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
SS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The flying not-a-tarp swoops into the sky before uttering a low, unnerving moan that raises the fibers on the backs of your necks....

Everyone please make a DC 15 Will save or take a -2 penalty on attack and damage rolls.
______________

Round 1

Not-a-Tarp
==============
Motueka
Poison Oakley
Tacca
Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed
Nira

==============
Bats
==============
Boom Sticks

Active Conditions: None

Motueka, Poison Oakley, Tacca, Captain Chlorophyll and Bad Seed are UP!

Current Map

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

Will vs fear: 1d20 ⇒ 19 +2 if it's somehow an enchantment

"Woah! It's the Crazy Space Ghost! And I think it's scared of Nira! Should we let it go? Or is it afraid of justice?"

I wonder if Amenira hurt the Crazy Space Ghost somehow? Maybe her death was some kind of accident?


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

It's mind-affecting, for anyone that has anything that gives a bonus to such saves :)

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Bad Seed begins to shake and shiver. "...wicked..." he mutters.

He flings another blast of fire at the bats!

FIRE!: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 = 2 for 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1 fire blast!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 +2 if fear effect

Captain Chlorophyll rushes towards the bats and throws his Alchemist Fire at them.

Alchemist Fire, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Alchemist Fire, Ranged Touch, GM reroll: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 3 = 11 Still bad
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The archetype I took traded away Throw Anything so I assume I do not get to add to splash damage.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Behind the Scenes:

1d8 ⇒ 8

Deciding to take care of what seems to be the more immediate threat Bad Seed and Captain Chlorophyll turn their attention to the swarming bats. Bad Seed once more launches a wicked blast of fire...or rather, he tries, but he feels decidedly unnerved by the other flapping thing's weird moaning and it totally ruins his throwing mojo.

Captain Chlorophyll doesn't fare much better, his thrown alchemist fire falling off to the side and just short of the swarm - though it does take out a couple of the bats as it shatters and splashes against the cobblestones.

As best as I understand it, your interpretation is correct - you wouldn't add your Int modifier to the splash damage.

Nira, having offered her thoughts on the matter at hand, ducks back into the guest house and pulls the door to, leaving it open just enough to peek out and see what's happening.
______________

Round 1

Not-a-Tarp
==============
Motueka
Poison Oakley
Tacca

Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed (Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Nira
==============
Bats (-1)
==============
Boom Sticks

Active Conditions:

Motueka, Poison Oakley and Tacca are UP!

Current Map

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13

Oakly seems confused as we wades in to start swinging branches at the shadowy bats.

He does not appear to be very successful.

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The leshy trembles at the sobering sound of the creature but shakes it off to provide guidance to Bad Seed.

"Close, blast those bats away this time!" he says while moving forward.

Guidance on Bad Seed them movement.

Guidance:

The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Dauswil's form glows brighter when the moan of the creature pierces the air and he replies with one of his own while stomping closer to the flying creature.

"The despair and pain...I know it too well!"

Movement.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

The tangle of leshies continue to scramble and rally themselves; Motueka offers a bit of friendly guidance to Bad Seed while he and Dauswil try to position themselves more favorably on the battlefield. Poison Oakley moves up and tries to punch some of the bats out of the sky but hitting small, moving targets proves more difficult than expected.
______________

Round 1

Not-a-Tarp
==============
Motueka + Dauswil (Motueka Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Poison Oakley (Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Tacca
Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed (Guidance, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Nira
==============
Bats (-1)
==============
Boom Sticks

Active Conditions: None

Tacca is UP!

Current Map

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Will DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Unnerved by the flying creature's low moan, Tacca draws a flask of alchemist's fire, steps a little closer to the bats, and readies to toss it at them, if the bats approach within ten feet of him.
Readied Attack; Fire Damage: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 71d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Realized I shorted Captain C's splash damage that 50% damage bonus vs. swarms so adjusted the bats' HP accordingly!

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Whipped into a strange frenzy by the CSG's moaning, the swarm of bats whirls forward and engulfs Poison Oakley, flapping in his face and biting at him with many tiny fangs!

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Poison Oakley, please make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for 1 round.

And even after the bats cease their biting for a moment, the leshy's wounds continue to ooze and bleed...

Poison Oakley is afflicted with a bleed effect and will continue to lose 1 HP per round until healed or the bleeding is stopped with a DC 10 Heal check.
______________

Round 1

THE CSG!?
==============
Motueka + Dauswil (Motueka Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Poison Oakley (-6, Bleed, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Tacca (Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed (Guidance, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Nira
==============
Bats (-2)
==============
Boom Sticks

Active Conditions: None

Boom Sticks is UP!

Current Map

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

Boom Sticks looks from the C-S-G to the swarm of angry bats and back again.

Oakley's in trouble, and if the ghost is scared maybe it's going to fly away anyway?

They decide to try to help their fellow leshys.

"Hey Oakley, maybe if you turn into a vine the bats will ignore you?"

At which comment, Boom Sticks takes root and becomes a blackened vine.

Actions: move and draw flask of acid, then swift action to change shape. I don't think the draw is free with base attack +1?

Grand Lodge

Male Vine leshy Monk (UC) 1 HP: 7/13 AC: 16 (Tch 16; FF 11) CMD:14 (15 vs trip) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Active: Bleeding

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Bats!"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Couldn't find a hard and fast rule but unless you've got your flask in something like a bandoleer, I'm going to rule no - it still has to be dug out of whatever container you're storing it in.

Hoping that maybe the bats will disperse and go away if they don't have anything humanoid-like to nom on, Boom Sticks moves and draws out a flask of acid before swiftly reverting to his vine form. Where Boomy once stood, now lies a small vine with a vial of acid nestled amidst the greenery.

The strange flying ghost-thing swoops across the square, still uttering its strange and unnerving moaning as it goes. As it draws closer you get a better look at it, a manta ray-like creature with a toothy maw, menacing red eyes, and a menacing tail of segmented bone!

And, rather distressingly, Poison Oakley continues to bleed although he at least manages to shake off the sudden feeling of nausea brought on by all the biting.
______________

Round 2

THE CSG!?
==============
Motueka + Dauswil (Motueka Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Poison Oakley (-7, Bleed, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Tacca (Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed (Guidance, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Nira
==============
Bats (-2)
==============
Boom Sticks (Vine Form)

Active Conditions: None

Motueka + Dauswil, Poison Oakley, Tacca, Captain Chlorphyll and Bad Seed are UP!

Current Map

Liberty's Edge

HP 13/13; AC 16, T 13, FF 12; F+6, R+4, W+1; Perc +1, LL, DV; Init +4

Bad Seed moves to the south, still peering at the flapping tarp monster. He shrugs; it's not as punk as he hoped, and flings another fiery blast at the bats!

Bat Flame Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 15 for 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5 fire damage!

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

Nerves shattered, Tacca moves to a position for a clear shot at the swarm of bats and tosses his flask of alchemist's fire.
Unnerved, Ranged Touch Attack vs in-melee; Fire Damage: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 - 4 = 61d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Miss Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Get out of there!” Captain Chlorophyll yells at Poison Oakley while he gets out a flask of acid. Once they are safely clear of the bats, he throws the flask directly into the largest concentration of bats in the swarm.

Acid Flask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Can a splash weapon crit? I’m not sure: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
More acid: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Move to get flask out, readied action to throw it once area is clear.

The Concordance

M CN Vine Leshy Male Vigilante (Avenger)-2 | HP 19 | AC 15 / 13 T / 13 FF | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Reflex +6, Will +5 | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +5; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision | Goodberry 1/day; Vine Leshy Toxin: Unarmed strike; Fort DC13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save. 2/day | Conditions: None

If the GM allows it, Tacca will retcon to throw his alchemist's fire after Poison Oakley steps out of the swarm. That would eliminate the -4 in-melee penalty, making the ranged touch attack roll a 10.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Yes, I'll definitely allow that! I'll update things once Poison Oakley posts their actions.


NG Despair Phantom 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 14(15) T: 12(13) FF: 12(11) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 2 | Init: 2 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: DR 5/Slashing | Burst of Adrenaline (+8 STR)
Skills:
Bluff: 1 | Fly: 2 | Intimidate: 5 | Knowledge (Planes): -2 | Perception: 4 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 6

"Why do you scream? You have yet to be given a reason!" Duaswil howls threateningly as he moves closer to the manta-like creature.

Demoralize: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Ooh! Might get a couple rounds of Shaken on it.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

"Quickly, move away Oakley while they kill the bats!" Motueka calls him forward while continuing to guide the others forward.

"No time to take root, Boomsticks! We need to blast those bats before Oakley starts haunting me too..."

Guidance on Boomsticks.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Poison Oakley quickly withdraws backward, out of the swarm, which allows Bad Seed, Tacca, and Captain Chlorophyll to start flinging fire and alchemist's fire at the mass with greater ease. Bad Seed's burst of flame just misses connecting with the mass and Tacca's vial of alchemist's fire shatters on the ground just to the side, but still manages to take a couple of them out as it splashes about.

Captain Chlorophyll fares better, managing to land his vial right in the center of the swarm. It shatters with great force, incinerating a large majority of the bats! A few pitiful stragglers still flutter about and you suspect that even a lit match would be enough to finally disperse them for good.

Motueka grants a bit of guidance to Boom Sticks while Dauswil howls back at the manta ray-thing....and actually manages to get it to cease its strange moaning and screaming, at least for a moment!

Though very nearly dispersed, the swarm continues to wreak havoc and begins to move towards Poison Oakley & Dauswil before suddenly changing direction and instead engulfing Bad Seed, Motueka, and Boom Sticks! But due to his vine-like shape, the bats don't register Boom Sticks as a living threat and ignore him!

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bad Seed and Motueka please make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for a round.
______________

Round 2

THE CSG (Shaken 2rds)
==============
Motueka + Dauswil (Motueka -5, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Poison Oakley (-7, Bleed, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Tacca (Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Captain Chlorophyll
Bad Seed (-5, Unnerved; -2 on attack & damage rolls)
Nira
==============
Bats (-14)
==============
Boom Sticks (Vine Form)

Active Conditions: None

Boom Sticks is UP!

Current Map


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

I couldn't really find any guidance re: vine form and swarms but it seems to me that they're not of sufficient intelligence to register that the vine is actually a living foe in plant form. To them it's just a plant and so they ignore it - that seemed to be the most common sense answer to me. As always, if you've got any rebuttals or evidence to the contrary for the future, please let me know! :)

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

I think the vine form / change shape ability is one of the leshy's most interesting abilities. It works like the tree shape spell, and I have long used that spell and its early edition variant massmorph as a camping and hiding spell. I suppose if they were fruit bats though :o Or locusts <shudders>

Swarms do damage at the end of their move, right? and distraction saves are only needed if you get damaged, so I think I'm ok to uproot...

Boom Sticks uproots and quickly gets away from the bats before they register that this plant is a person too.

"It worked it worked it worked!"

Noticing that there aren't many bats left, Boom Sticks readies his own alchemical contribution: the flask previously prepared.

"CLEAR!"

Actions: uproot (change shape) = swift, move = move, rage = free, ready attack = standard

ready attack when pathfinders are clear of the swarm:
acid flask vs bats, rage: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3confirm crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8extra crit damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Ecstatic that his camouflage actually worked, Boom Sticks swiftly shifts back to his natural form and dashes clear of the swarm. Tapping into a primal rage he calls for Motueka and Bad Seed to get clear. Up above, the CSG continues swooping through the skies and wailing though it doesn't seem to have any further ill effects on anyone.

Taking Boom Sticks' advice both Bad Seed and Motueka stagger clear of the remaining bats and then the angry leshy lets fly with his readied flask of acid. The flask flies straight and true, smashing into one of the bats and sending acid flying in all directions! With pained, dying squeals, the rest of the bats drop to the ground and the swarm disperses for good.

With a final, mad wail, the CSG swoops higher into the air and speeds away to the south, fleeing the field!

Combat Over!
______________

Normally I don't truncate battles very often but Boomy's roll was enough to kill the swarm and the CSG was doing its thing up in the air For Reasons. As a reminder, Poison Oakley, Motueka, and Bad Seed will continue to take 1 Bleed until they're healed or the bleeding is stopped with a DC 10 Heal check. Motueka & Bad Seed, no need to worry about the Fort check since it would've only lasted a round anyway if you had failed - unless you want to roll it anyway for RP S&Gs :)

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 1 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +5 W +2 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 16 [20] | Init +3 |Rage 1/6| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvisionll

"BOOM!"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll rushes over to Poison Oakley's side and uses their wand to help heal them.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Exchange

NG Leshy Spiritualist 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18 T: 16 FF: 13 | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: 3 R: 4 W: 5 | Init: 6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Goodberry: 1/1 | Poisonous: 1/1 | Shared Consciousness: 1/1 | Spells: (1st): 2/2

Can I take a 10 on Heal checks to stop our bleeding? If not rolls are below.

"Let me stop this bleeding till we get patched up...I learned a bit trying to patch up Dauswil before it was clear those wounds never heal." Motueka says calmly look at the sap like substance oozing from their wounds.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Myself.
Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Bad Seed.
Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Bad Seed, try 2.

After looking over the wounds he starts to pluck off hops fruit off to hand out to his allies.

"Usually I brew with these but we don't really have time right now...might be a little bitter but will make you feel better."

Goodberry: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Will hand out as necessary to help top up after wand charges/or damage in general.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group | Shore to Sea | Haunting of Hinojai

Yes, Take 10 will work as well. Poison Oakley was down 7 but is now back to full health thanks to Captain C. Between your patching up and goodberries and whatever other healing you use (wand charges, etc.) you should all be able to return to full strength without much trouble.

As you all take a moment to catch your breath, several of Mercy's citizens finally begin to come out of hiding. While your earlier efforts in getting to know some of the townsfolk were certainly successful and pleasant, your display against the CSG and the bats seem to have firmly cemented you as friends of Mercy. Several of them approach to shake your hands, pat your backs, and even offer to help Motueka bandage himself and Bad Seed.

In the midst of all this newfound attention and praise, you see Sheriff Molume weaving his way through the crowd. "Now now folks, I know you all mean well but you should give them a little space too," he announces, gesturing with his arms for them to move back a few paces. "Our visitors have done a great thing in driving whatever that was off and we'll make sure they get a proper reward for it - tomorrow. As it is, it's getting late so you'd all best be turning in for the night, alright?"

The crowd slowly begins to disperse, but as they do, the Sheriff quietly says, "Let me get everyone calmed down and settled at home. I’ll come by the guesthouse in half an hour and talk to you in private."

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll gives a quick nod of acknowledgement to the sheriff, then makes sure everyone is alright before returning to the guest house.

351 to 400 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Twisted Circle - Leshy Madness! (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.